[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are dice rings dangerous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Are dice rings dangerous?
>>
>>51258151
Yes?
>>
Why would they be dangerous?
>>
Probably only in whatever sense rings are dangerous (so potentially snagging sleeves and more painful slaps I guess?)
>>
>>51258151
mostly useless
>>
>>51258151
They are probably a choking hazard. Tough most things are choking hazards...
>>
>>51258151
Depending on the manufacturing process, they could be left with sharp, unfiled edges. But that's true of pretty much any metal object.

Like >>51258247 says, anything's a choking hazard if it's the right size. Plus, you know, the standard hazards of metal rings getting caught on objects, especially solid objects you're moving past at high speed. A wedding band can turn a trivial fall into an amputation if you're rock climbing, for example.

But now we're getting into Pierson's puppeteer levels of worrying about how unsafe things are.
>>
>>51258151
Yes.

If you use one at my table, I will definitely slap your shit.
>>
>>51258151
Dropped from a certain height, the momentum can be quite dangerous, so make sure to use them close to the ground. They aslo tend to fall downwards, so make sure you don't place anything value directly underneath it.
Why do you ask?
>>
>>51258220
google ring avulsion, and then I'm sorry I told you to google ring avulsion.
>>
>>51259603
I never had a name for it but this happened to my old man in a metal press. He can't feel three of his fingers because the meat was sucked off then reattached later
>>
>>51259737
Fucking degloving. I watch a guy fall down a ladder and his wedding ring caught a rung; it peeled the better part of his finger off.

This is why I never wear rings.
>>
File: tumblr_mtaq96Dbxi1s8v34fo1_500.gif (705KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtaq96Dbxi1s8v34fo1_500.gif
705KB, 500x200px
>>51258151
>>
>>51258151
Degloving.
>>
>>51259737
the first time I heard the term was at a meeting for a clinical trial for nerve repairs, this one doctor had a case study and he kept saying ring avulsion, I figured it was just a medical term I didn't know. then he showed a picture of the guy's hand missing a finger at the knuckle and told the story if how he'd jumped a chain link fence and snagged his ring on it.
>>
Degloving is fucking terrifying and the reason anyone with sense never wears a ring while working with tools of any kind

I think I'd rather get frostbite and have to lose a finger than go through the pain of being essentially flayed instantly and forcefully
>>
>>51258197
>>51258220
>>51258240
>>51258247
>>51258290
>>51259572
>>51259836
>>51259926
You all fuckers never stepped on d4, did ya?
>>
>>51258151
Depends - are you circumcised?
>>
>>51261424
>Assuming someone who wears a dice ring would be using tools on a daily basis
>>
>>51261605
why would you leave your dice laying on the floor?
>>
>>51261769

Where else would I place them?

Keep in mind that I abhor elevated surfaces and containers.
>>
>>51261802
The corner, you tit
>>
>>51262563
Where will I brood then, smartass?
>>
>>51261751
You don't even need to be using tools. Water skiing, walking down stairs, claiming over anything with catch potential; all of these are potential degloving events. Rings are stupid.
>>
>>51262587
>his house only has 1 corner
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.