[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe the perfect tabletop / roleplaying podcast, what would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Big_434294_6147783.jpg (156KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Big_434294_6147783.jpg
156KB, 720x960px
Describe the perfect tabletop / roleplaying podcast, what would you love to hear talking about, what is a no go?
Friend and I am toying with the idea, would like some opinions.
>>
Don't do characters unless you have good voices
>>
>>51255365
Don't make yet another podcast where 2 guys joke around.

99% of podcasts are like this nowadays and it's annoying. I download a podcast to listen to intelligent discussion, not 2 bros with bad mixing making jokes that are only tangentially related to the subject
>>
File: 1383142578912.png (206KB, 474x474px)
1383142578912.png
206KB, 474x474px
Something meandering and ranty, but staying game related. Honest opinions. Not sanitized babby's first good advice.
When doing actual play, please no joke setting.
Don't waste time talking about your personal lives, it is irrelevant to the viewer. No apologies about the scheduling an air. If you must, write them in the info. I am tired of hearing about how a guy got sick or went to a con for 15 minutes of an episode two years after the fact.
>>
>>51255365
The One Shot Campaign podcast is the best.

Had to stop listening once they began prefacing their games with teary-eyed political statements, but their actual play podcast is without peer.
>>
>>51255590
>2 guys joke around
That's unironically my favourite genre of podcast.
>>
We plan to have different guests and talk about new board games, rpgs etc. Also if there's no news we'll talk about lesser known games.
>>
>>51257975
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I kind of feel guests often make it less interesting. Usually nobody wants to discuss negatives when the maker is around.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 1600x1200px)
image.jpg
193KB, 1600x1200px
I'd like to see more podcasts that focus on world building. There used to be Crucible of Relms but the've pod faded and aside from the NPC Casts' campaign crucible episodes, there really aren't any that I know of. Pic unrelated.
>>
OP, I'd like to see a podcast that focuses on design analysis and criticism of games as opposed to just playing them or saying "it's good/it's bad". There are already plenty of podcasts where people record themselves playing or give surface-level critique like "I thought it was fun to roll the dice, the dice rolling mechanic is cool, you roll 2d6 and add them, one time I got a 12 and something cool happened, that was cool I liked it."

I want to see in-depth analysis of game mechanics and worldbuilding decisions. Not just reading the rules but examining them from a design perspective - what behaviors do the mechanics encourage/discourage, how do they influence each other? Etc

>>51258208
>Usually nobody wants to discuss negatives when the maker is around.
I agree with this but I think unrelated guests, like interested friends or other reviewers, can keep things fresh. Anyone too close to the product or its creator will always give a sterilized opinion, though.
>>
>>51255365
The old Yog Radio is my all-time favorite podcast.

It had the perfect blend of the following elements:

>Professional mike and mixing
>Conveyed information, not just some idiot's opinion
>Had a regular schedule
>Had regular segments in order
>Highlighted recent events in the hobby/genre
>Focused only on one hobby/genre
>It was relatively short, at about 45 minutes perfect for a commute
>Nobody was swearing. No, swearing doesn't make you sound "mo' real, yo". It makes you sound like an dumb amateur.

In your case, pick an RPG or RPG genre and stick to it. Don't go meandering off talking about everything RPG-related. It gets tedious and I don't want to listen to 2 hours of some guys' experience roleplaying. I want news, events and analysis of an RPG I play.
>>
>>51255365
a podcast that's a radio show of a campaign. like when they run a session, they take everything that happened and script it out like an actual story, and record it.
>>
I just want a podcast of a fun Eclipse Phase/Call of Cthulhu campaigns.
>>
>>51255365
No politics. I delete that shit FTL when I hear the words "Trump this..." or "Clinton's a corrupt that...".
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.