[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Numenera Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: gun mage.jpg (242KB, 733x947px) Image search: [Google]
gun mage.jpg
242KB, 733x947px
I'm joining a numenera session tomorrow, I have a character already thought up in my head, but I was wondering what kind of meme builds or tricks are in the game since everyone always talks about how broken it is. Pic slightly related
>>
>>51249183
Play a Nano and pick a good Focus.
No, Carries a Bow is not a good Focus.
>>
I was thinking of play a jack who lives in the wild for RP btw, how much am I hamstringing myself?
>>
>>51249371
A lot. Jacks are terrible.
>>
>>51249424
Ah, is lives in the wild a good focus? I figure doubling up on a combat foci would make me pretty shitty
>>
>>51249371
If you're playing to have fun you should be fine.

But if you or any of your other fellow players are into >meme builds it'll probably become a shitshow pretty quickly.

Depending how well the GM can roll with the punches, really.
>>
>>51249489
Oh well, if its a meme build group then it most likely wasn't worth playing in the first place. Any builds I should watch out for in other players?
>>
>>51249480
Eh, it's alright. Personally I'd go for one of the bigger ones. There's just a lot you can do when you can control gravity or phase through solid objects.

And yeah, focusing on combat is a bad idea. Fighting is generally unrewarding, and you should never pick Glaive because of that.
>>
>>51249529
Just anyone speccing for combat and combat alone. The game's more fun when it's exploration and RP with everyone using wacky powers to do wacky stuff.

The combat system just isn't that fun. It's where the "not quite narrative, no good crunch" really shows.
>>
>>51249545
>>51249588

Got it, I think I'll pick a nano who wields magnetism then, seems like it could be more fun to RP and fits the backstory I thought of better. Any tips for RPing or playing well besides don't worry about combat?
>>
>>51249700
Embrace the weird and play it up. Again, depending on your GM, suggest that you're familiar with some of the strange objects and phenomena you come up against but some is totally alien to you. React according to your personality, I guess: curious, fearful, w/e.

One thing I really enjoy about Numenera is finding uses for Oddities, the useless objects you find all over the place. Once we were fighting a guy who'd doused himself in some oil that make him invisible. I had an Oddity that always beeped or chimed or made some kind of noise. After I got hit by the invisible dude (giving me an idea of where he was) I spent a bunch of Effort to hook the Oddity onto their belt or something. Then we had a good idea where they were for the rest of the fight.

Those sort of puzzle fights can work a lot better than straight up slug fest.
>>
How breakable is this game? Since it's pretty rules light, I was under the impression there wasn't a whole lot to optimize.
>>
>>51250031
In my experience there isn't a lot to optimize. Not unless you're designing your own focus or something, which a lot of GM'S don't allow because it's WORK.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.