[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would a Legacy RPG work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: pic1196938.jpg (145KB, 497x297px) Image search: [Google]
pic1196938.jpg
145KB, 497x297px
How would a Legacy RPG work?
>>
When you finish a campaign, burn all the books you used. Keep the character sheets as fond mementos.

How exciting!
>>
>>51248732
I know you're being facetious, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried that. Hell, games like Shadowrun Crossfire already have something silimar where you're effectively "upgrading" the character sheets permanently with special stickers. I could see a Legacy RPG as part world-building toolkit and part expendable character folio, where in both cases you have permanent choices to make or use included character aids (like cards or folders) that get destroyed when expended or altered.

I could potentially lead to a very greedy precedent if developers go overboard with nickel and diming customers, but given how popular organized play is in certain systems I'm sure there would be players who'd buy a $5-10 "character packet" for each new campaign.
>>
I'd think you'd have to go changing the rules as shit happens.

As PC get more powerful, the world reacts differently to them, so you'd change the actual rulebook and such.

How? I have no idea. Maybe they find out how to use their mind to improve their physical abilities, so you change all the rules to reflect that.
>>
>>51248699
....isn't that what an RPG is?
>>
Legacy is as cancerous as it gets. Kill yourself asap, if you want to use (and sell) this meme.
>>
>>51248699
I like the miniatures from that game. If I wasnt brazilian I would just buy them off from ebay from people who just finished the game and didnt know what to do with it.
>>
>>51248699
Was really dissapointed by that game. My friends and I love risk, so we bought it and sat down to play it one evening. The shorter games combined with the fact that we were curious about the hidden content and tried to get the requisites, meant we burned through all the achievements, unlocking all the content within the space of time of a normal game of risk.
the fucking aliens, man. the least interesting aliens possible. The mutants were cool, but fuck those aliens.
>>
I don't think it would? RPG campaigns have that element of persistent character progression anyway.

I guess you could set up something about multiple campaigns in the same world with results carrying over, but that's nothing new.

Legacy board games are great, but it doesn't really cross into other mediums.
>>
>>51248732

What? That isn't how Legacy games work.
>>
>>51248699

I think the only way to make this into an RPG is just take the factions as a foundation and create the lore from there.

For an actual system, I guess something mechanically simple to reflect the rules in Risk.

I really can't see taking the rules of the game itself and transcribing it into an RPG, at least not without a lot of work. I don't think rolling Attack and Defense d6's would be a lot of fun in an RPG.

For the Balkanian Empire!

>>51255505

Yes, fuck those aliens, though me and my group had a blast playing Legacy. One of the players connected the Alien Island to Australia and south America, so no one could camp Australia. He in turn camped on his island, and always played the aliens.
>>
File: 1413071290896.jpg (280KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
1413071290896.jpg
280KB, 900x893px
>>51251860
Only sane person ITT
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.