[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here likes to play engineers in fantasy games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: winryrockbell.jpg (29KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
winryrockbell.jpg
29KB, 650x400px
Anyone here likes to play engineers in fantasy games?
>>
>>51247239
Unless there are good rules to back that up as a viable and meaningful choice, no.
>>
>>51247284
actually I made the thread to ask If there was any good game that had a viable engineer class
>>
I played a rigger in Shadowrun if that counts. I had a ton of fun with the character.
>>
The hard part for me is that I have basically no knowledge of the mechanical sciences, so I don't necessarily know what to ask the GM about even. On the flip side, the hard science types I've played with in the past become supremely annoying about it; I remember one guy at a store SR game going on and on about fiber optics and separate circuits being unhackable like we understood or cared. I mean, it's the future, they internetted you, what more explanation do you need here?
>>
>>51247849
If you ever run across him again, feel free to tell that autist that they explicitly explained throwing out the usual computer systems we're familiar with because of the Crash, replacing it with the cyberspace of the games.
>>
>>51247727
DeadLands mad scientist
>>
Years ago I found this class, never played it but I love the idea
Sadly the original 3.5 rules are long gone, I can only find this PF conversion now
>>
>>51253511
Forgot link like an idiot
http://offbeat.pbworks.com/w/page/28149049/Engineer
>>
I'm going to be playing a gunsmith in an upcoming campaign if that counts.
>>
>>51247727

Weaver Dice has Tinkers, who are arguably the most powerful capes.

Like, if my power is fireballs, I'll have fireballs forever. But the other guy can eventually build a titanic battleship that can level the city.
>>
File: Алиса_Селезнева.gif (13KB, 396x578px) Image search: [Google]
Алиса_Селезнева.gif
13KB, 396x578px
>>51247727
The most fun I had was playing a (semi-)cinematic engineer in a sci-fi campaign based on the Alisa Selezneva novels. Mechanically, I had the most engaging experience with the GURPS system, which is commonly mocked by the resident memers. It's cool to see how my imaginative ideas are recognized on mechanical level by the rules. Oh, and my squirrel artificer from Dungeon Fantasy was the shit in a Chip'n'Dale-inspired game.
>>
>>51247727
The Techinican class in Edge of the Empire is awesome.

The obvious use is to fix your ship, weapons, droid allies, etc. You also get access to the very deep gear mod system.

You also get some cool powers. You can point at a machine and make it spontaneously fail. You can build gadgets out of random spare parts. You can convert "lethal" vehicle damage into "non-lethal". You can point at a building and say "I have a copy of the blueprints for that!" and get a map of the whole thing.

The hacker specialization kinda sucks, though. Also not really a great fit in the setting.
>>
I'm having a ball with playing an Artificer in a 4e game who's more on the engineering end of her talents.

One of my favourite moments was using arcane summoning powers to produce...a bomb from back in my lab. Next turn it went off as the skeletons had no thoughts of running away from it.
>>
File: Nomad Warjack.png (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nomad Warjack.png
2MB, 800x600px
>>51247727
I played a field mechanic / soldier in Iron Kingdoms and that was a blast. I had a Nomad as my battle buddy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.