[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Painting White tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: gw-99800101047.jpg (67KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99800101047.jpg
67KB, 920x950px
If i wanted to paint something like this, would it be better to paint the red first, or to paint the white and then try to paint the red around it.
>>
Start with darker colors, and use more layers of lighter ones afterwards, to make sure you get the desired color.
>>
First you must be really careful.

Do the red first, doesn't matter if you get stuff on where the white goes, just make sure to totally finish it.

Then put down the white, you'll want to go base Celestra Grey/ Layer Ulthuan Grey/ Highlight White Scar. It'll give it a much better look overall, you'll notice most of 'eavy metals whites follow the same pattern

Good luck
>>
>>51237187
>>51237301
This.
Start dark and layer up. Might want to finish with a metalic or a bone depending on the texture your trying to simulate.
>>
>>51237343
Starting to collect some blood angels, with a powerful attraction to 2nd and 3rd edition models, Trying to achieve this general look, after i bought and apothecary it hit me that i'm going to have to paint white whether I like it or not,
>>
File: gw-99800101075.jpg (62KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99800101075.jpg
62KB, 920x950px
>>51237560
This is the apothecary i purchased, one i ordered is painted much worse, gonna strip and give him a proper painting.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.