[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolutions: terrorism edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 10

File: 114331_900[1].jpg (136KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
114331_900[1].jpg
136KB, 900x623px
Let us talk revolutions
What kind of revolution goes without terrorism?
Probably lots of them, but let us put that aside for now

In your settings or campaigns, what kind of terror acts will be common? Large scale/small scale? Who will be they aimed at? Will they be done with knife, bullet or an INFERNAL MACHINE?
What would the public opinion be?
What historical act of terrorism would you use as an examples for your games?
>>
>>51233104
>Let us talk revolutions. What kind of revolution goes without terrorism? Probably lots of them, but let us put that aside for now

The hooks are set regardless of your self-awareness OP...
I eagerly await the catch.

In my settings acts of terror are likely to be small scale and aimed at law enforcement agencies in my Supers setting while my Space setting sees more groups taking aim at whoever gives them the most notoriety.

Public opinion tends to be whether or not a terrorist organization's goals are good at the end of the day they are usually resented for being fucks who caused the city to go into lockdown for 24 hours.
>>
>>51233363
> whether or not a terrorist organization's goals are good at the end of the day
Sad thing is: at times people's opinions can be really divided about those things
>>
File: i.jpg (9KB, 325x215px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
9KB, 325x215px
>>51233363
Regarding space terrorism
It seems somewhat a) harder to do then usual terrorism. From security standpoint, spaceships (and space stations) are pretty much isolated enviroments with heavy security checks. So, setting pretty much needs to be either a scosmic opera where those considerations are handwaved away ("You do not need to check my luggage" - pass) or something with a cybernetic angle (hack security programs to gain access, replace/doctor cargo manifests, replace passsanger lists to deliver actor in place, bomb in prosthatics etc. Also: since space is a hostile enviroment, acts of terrorism will probably be unrestrained (equivalent to ship sinkings)
>>
From what i can gather, no terror/revolutionary movement (if it IS a movement) exist in real separation from secret services of one or many states.Double and triple agents are the norm, not the exception. To succesfully make an organisation somebody has to look the other way
From the other hand, in sci-fi or fantasy settings enough power may be in a single pair of hands so that organisation is not really needed, at least against soft targets
So. Singles or groups for terrorism? Probably, in a game single terrorists may be only antagonists, yet revolutionary organisation may be antagonist or an ally (or players themselves)
>>
>>
Terrorists do not necessary view their acts as the end to itself. Often, they are quite as happy to make their statement in a courtroom or on gallows - if they will be heard.
And sometimes they are. There were times where a female student shooting police chief will be freed by jury. Or when one man was enshrined in the pantheon of a floating city
>>
File: 000339-te8os1xx45.jpg (408KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
000339-te8os1xx45.jpg
408KB, 600x857px
To think of it, what would be terrorism in a setting like forgotten realms?
Probably ranged poisoned sneak attack. With mages being sovereign and all, whatever they do would be an act of war - not terror
>>
>>51236203
>To think of it, what would be terrorism in a setting like forgotten realms?

Releasing hungry cats within city walls.
>>
One common staple is terrorists fleeting their country of origin to set operation somewhere else. Switzerland, England, United states as real life examples.
So, foreign liberty fighters can participate in game/campaign set in a country that shelters them. That means they have a) eye of the police on them, but a lot of leeway (up to, continuing with real life examples) having firefights with local police and not ending up arrested, expelled from the country or prosecuted b) some weapons use background and weapons as assets
>>
>>51236641
Does that mean that cat ladies are unquestioned rulers of their neighbourhoods?

Do they have turf wars?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
> for a long time feline herders ket their clawed hold on the city by subjecting all and any open dissenters to grisly death by the claws of their little monsters
> the day everything chaged came when one of the herders was killed by her own cats in the street
> seamstress sew a small vial of catnip-based potion with wax seal (comes undone from body heat) in her new dress
> on that day, the revolution has begun with a blood-curdlign scream
>>
Well, that's it for today i guess
Keep your daggers sharp, revolvers oiled, rounds dry and be careful when handling dynamyte
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.