[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Planetary Oppression Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 62

File: PlanetaryOppression.jpg (64KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
PlanetaryOppression.jpg
64KB, 618x412px
Previous thread: >>51213796

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

how long would your waifu planet resist Imperial oppression?
>>
>>51232525
I've seen Rogue One twice and I STILL can't remember the name of the monk and Heavy Weapons Guy off the top of my head
>>
File: kylo-ren_fa163069.jpg (176KB, 1560x780px) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren_fa163069.jpg
176KB, 1560x780px
First for the bf
>>
File: Coruscant.png (450KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Coruscant.png
450KB, 480x480px
>implying mine doesnt beg for it like the slut she is
>>
>>51232548
Chirrut and Baze
>>
>>51232548
Chirrut and Baze
>>
>>51232634
Imwe and Malbus
>>
>>51232634
How do you pronounce his name phonetically? I get self conscious about that. Like I don't know how to properly pronounce hijab and when I see someone wearing a really pretty one I can't bring myself to compliment it.

It gives me minor anxiety attacks
>>
File: SWvader.webm (3MB, 720x308px) Image search: [Google]
SWvader.webm
3MB, 720x308px
>>51232554
inferior
>>
>>51232756
Chi-rut Im-way
Bayz Mal-bus
>>
>>51232756
>That's a really pretty headscarf
Solved your problem.

It's easy to pronounce though.
>>
>>51232756

Cheer-root Im-way

Bayz Mal-boos (oo like in "book")
>>
>>51232781
>>51232829
I should have specified that I strictly meant Chirrut, but thank you
>>
>>51232756

Also, the pronunciation of "hijab":

"H" as in "hat"
"I" as in "bid"
"J" as in "job"
"A" as in "father"
"B" as in "boy"
>>
>>51232918

Forgot to mention: stress on the second syllable. So, hih-JAHB.
>>
>>51232937
Thank you
>>
File: Star Wars (2015-) 005-009.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (2015-) 005-009.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I'm reading the Star Wars comic now and is this supposed to be one of Luke's "friends" from the Tosche Station deleted scene?
>>
>>51227920
Ships with PtL that don't normally have very good green maneuvers.

>>51227769
Poe and Biggs with either a K-wing or another X-wing (either type). HotR is also a solid buy for a player starting out.

Imperials get slightly more tricky in terms of needing cards, but you really shouldn't be afraid to proxy when you are just starting.

>>51231848
I legit hope you're screwing with us.

I don't mind the addition of a force expansion, it would actually give some needed abilities to pilots that aren't so great, but those ship expansions sound awful.

FFG really just needs to take a breather, figure out the ships that really need help for all the factions, figure out some new cool stuff they can all do for others, and give out another Most Wanted style expansion for all three in place of a wave of new stuff.

Put in some new cardboard for some of the ships we don't need another of, like the Lambda or the YV.

Also reprint some of the old pilots to make them not totally suck, give Horton and Kir Kanos EPTs, reduce points on Rhymer, that sort of thing. Really get some of the kinks of the Wave 1-4 design totally out of the system.
>>
>>51233026
I love the idea that all those knives stuck in there are ones Boba has hidden around his person, and that he's finally at the point where he pulls out the one he actually uses for work.
>This is a knoife!
>>
>>51233123
okay ronon,, maybe you should go back to scalping wraiths
>>
>>51233113

I'm personally not opposed to the Aggressor (a TIE with a Turret), I just personally think the other options are unlikely.

Light Syck just became a thing, so why the fuck to Scum need a new swarm option? And what the fuck is the gunship going to add? I guess technically it's space-worthy, but it's not exactly new.

Also, Scum are a ship behind again, 14 to 15 so it'll probably be another wave with two scum ships, something they'll need to do if movies keep getting +1 Imperial and Rebel ship tacked on in new waves.
>>
>>51233113
a turret TIE doesn't sound terrible. ATM imperials don't have anything that can equip turrets, and only the deci even has a turret primary.
I know people want the TIE experimentals, but I don't see how most of those add well to the faction.
the other two do sound awful.
>>
File: Star Wars (2015-) 009-013.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (2015-) 009-013.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>51233026
Grakkus confirmed for best Hutt?
>>
File: SWX31_Bossk.jpg (2MB, 3000x2256px) Image search: [Google]
SWX31_Bossk.jpg
2MB, 3000x2256px
>>51233215
>>51233225

I kind of am opposed to Imperials getting TLTs. At the very least, the TIE with a turret needs to either be expensive or as crappy as the other turret ships such that it matches the power curve that TLTs were made to fill.

>Scum are a ship behind again

I really don't care at this point. They're obviously going to be getting another epic and the next aces pack. So they're going to have good small ships with their best large ships. They'll be fine.
>>
>>51233443

Yeah, but in terms of ships, they're still behind. FFG has pretty consistently evened the playing field in terms of bringing Scum up to speed in the past with multiple NEW Scum ships per wave. Aces and Epic are still counted outside of Wave releases - accounting for Wave X Scum are down 1 ship on Imperials and Rebels, because of course Rebels and Imps get an extra ship for Rogue One. So, next wave will probably give them two ships - because if they let it go until Wave XII, then Imps and Rebs will be getting another bonus ship each for Episode 8.
>>
>>51233605

Note, I mean scum are down a ship in regular Wave terms - to be specific. Scum are also down an Epic and either down a Core or down an Aces depending on how you want to look at Most Wanted.

Black Sun Aces is almost assuredly a thing though.
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!120:-1,120,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:;212:188,1:43:-1:;112:8,14,-1:-1:-1:;114:13,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

I know I'm probably making a lot of suboptimal choices but I don't have a big upgrade library. Any glaring problems with the list, though?
>>
File: 1467347341594.jpg (195KB, 1050x735px) Image search: [Google]
1467347341594.jpg
195KB, 1050x735px
>>51233605

>Yeah, but in terms of ships, they're still behind.

And why does that matter?

I mean, it did when the faction first came out, but now they've got virtually every base covered when compared to Rebels and Imps, and on top of that have vastly better large ships.

The quality of ship releases matters a hell of a lot more than the number, and out of all of Wave X Scum easily got the best ship in the Quadjumper. Tractor beam for an action is insane, and only more insane because you can stack with Ketso crew and Shadowcaster title.

Also, seriously, epic ships and aces packs are usually better than a new ship release in terms of what it does for the faction.
>>
>>51233647
Determination isn't really worthwhile, and I'm skeptical of the idea of bothering with a Z95 ace that wants to be out on his own.
>>
File: thinking of Alderaan.gif (877KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thinking of Alderaan.gif
877KB, 320x240px
>TFW I realize that Thrawn and Galen Erso are brothers
>>
>>51233711

I mean, I don't know if it matters, but it's math.

Imps and Rebels have 15 ships each. If the trend continues with movies (though obviously, with the Han Solo anthology it's possible for scum to get the bonus release), Rebels and Imps will get another extra ship. And then again for nine. Scum don't play catch up sometime, they will just plain have less releases than the other factions - that's not good for them. The design space will keep expanding, Scum will just straight up have less content. And those new options are important - and especially important when they don't necessarily come with like giant price tag for one small ship bundled in an Epic. It's not good for Scum players, and it's not good for FFG selling to scum players if they literally have less models to sell that faction.
>>
>>51233840
What
>>
>the only way a Sith, or other darksider could make use of a kyber crystal was to use the Force to dominate the crystal, bending it to their will. This process would cause the crystal to "bleed", as if it were a living organism, resulting in the distinctive crimson-bladed lightsabers synonymous with the Sith.
If this is the case and the death star is powered by kyber crystals, why are the lasers green rather than red?
>>
>>51233917
The Death star is just using them as a power source for the turbolaser. Lightsabers use them as a focusing element.
>>
>>51233917
they dont need the force to use the laser-properties of a kyber crystal
>>
>>51233917
And yet darkside force users can pick up and wield normal sabers fine, lol
>>
>>51233877
literally the last wave there was 2 scum ships.
You're an idiot for saying that they need to do something to prevent some massive discrepency from forming, when they are clearly already doing that.
>>
>>51233949
My assumption is you can steal an already-assembled-by-a-Jedi saber and use it just fine. Actually putting your own together won't work unless you bleed the crystal.
>>
>>51233951

You've missed what I'm saying. I started this by saying that - accounting for the new wave X - Scum are a ship behind again. So the next wave will logically be a 2 Scum wave. And they can't "skip" a wave because then they'll just stay behind. Because unless VIII literally has no new X-wing scale ships to pick from, there will be another movie tie-in twofer.
>>
>>51233962
That seems retarded though, putting together a lightsaber is just basic technical skill.
>>
>>51233993

Nope.
>>
>>51233993
i think the bleeding the crystal is make the crystal sensitive to the darkside, the laser making properties are the same
>>
>>51233443
>turret upgrade slot
>literally only TLT
I know that dorsal and blaser turrets are basiclaly HotC only, but it's kinda fucked up that the slot is only considered in terms of one option.
Ion turret at least should be in the conversation.
>>
>>51234006
Why does it need to be sensitive to the darkside? What's it matter?
>>
>>51233225
desu X-Wing and Armada are both suffering from roster creep already, I don't think there are that many ships they can add before they basically end up with one faction with several paintschemes
>>
>>51233917
That's literally retarded. Unless you're talking about Master Sword tier beams from the lightsaber, why would you need to do this?
>>
>>51233962
>>51234016
A better headcanon would be a dark jedi can force a light-attuned crystal in a lightsaber to work for them, but it takes focus and it's a pain. If they bleed it out they can focus on killing children and stealing pies off window sills.
>>
File: 1468438327503.jpg (454KB, 1094x505px) Image search: [Google]
1468438327503.jpg
454KB, 1094x505px
>>51233877

I mean, you might have a point, if Scum didn't automatically have massively competitive lists from the get-go and has never really been "behind" the other factions, even in wave 6.

I don't think it's a thing you should be afraid of. They most certainly have kept them up to date, and the coming ace pack and epic ships are only going to help them more. Jabba is probably going to do something stupidly awesome and make everyone go buy a YV and Epic.

>It's not good for Scum players

And here's where your mindset needs to change. If you're serious about X-wing you should play all three factions. "Faction" players are one of the worst thing the community does, and it leads to stupid things.
>>
>>51233978
or 3 movie tie-in ships, or they do an armada push opening up new faction/timelines, or.
You're phrasing sucked, because you made it seem like a disaster that needs to be avoided, rather than a think FFG clearly already has in hand.
>>
>>51233993
Right up until you put a kyber crystal in. As I recall in EU you had to use the Force to move it into position because the placement was too exact. And I'm pretty sure Luke mentioned assuming as much in Heir to the Jedi for the new canon while taking apart that Rodian's lightsaber.
>>
>>51234043
Don't ask me, senpai, ask the mouse.
>>
>>51234049
A better headcanon would be that lightsaber crystals work like they did in the EU.
>>
>>51233962
>>51234006
That sounds like a lot of handwaving for the baddies having red sabers and the goodies having blue ones.

Isn't it more likely they just colour their sabers so that they can tell each other apart in combat? Lightsaber fighting looks pretty distracting, I can see some wise old sith or jedi nearly killing a mate in combat and going 'fuck this, we're going red/blue' and the other side grabbing the other colour to make themselves not red/blue?
>>
>>5123401
the lightside is powered by harmony and discipline, and the dark side is powered by anger and hate
my guess is that it is a symbolic step to making a lightsaber, it wouldnt be "proper" for a jedi to use a red saber or for a sith to use a blue one
>>
>>51234012
I think the problem with ion is three dice with no bonuses isn't enough to reliably hit the high agility and autothruster/evading small ships most commonly being fielded and big ships shrug off the single ion token while shitting on whatever is carrying the turret.
>>
File: TKTempest.jpg (227KB, 1021x1239px) Image search: [Google]
TKTempest.jpg
227KB, 1021x1239px
>>51233993
>It doesn't matter what crystal you use, they said
>It's just a matter of technical skill, they said
>>
>>51234073
>for the baddies having red sabers and the goodies having blue or green or yellow or purple or cyan or orange or silver or literally any color that isn't red ones.
>>
>>51234101
Don't forget the Jedi from the Prequels with a red saber
>>
>>51234073
In the EU, the explanation was that because the Sith didn't have reliable access to lightsaber crystals naturally (all the major deposits were Jedi controlled), they made artificial crystals, which were red.
>>
>>51234109
Which one was that?
>>
File: TallonRoll-FFGTCG.jpg (390KB, 1500x1128px) Image search: [Google]
TallonRoll-FFGTCG.jpg
390KB, 1500x1128px
>>51234012
An upgrade slot is defined by its most powerful card? Surprise?

I mean, that's what TLT, and to a lesser extent autoblaster, was designed to do. It does its job quite well. So, yes I am going to be concerned about a new ship that can take one of the most powerful upgrades in the game.

It's no different than considering the ramifications of another Imperial ship with two crew slots because of Palpatine.

ICT isn't bad, I've run it to good success myself in a SC, but it doesn't make me quake in my boots like a good Imperial TLT carrier does.
>>
>>51234101
there werent originally any colors other than blue, but the blue didnt stand out in the sky of tatooine, so to was changed to green for contrast

in episode 2, out of the 200 jedi on geonosis there were only green and blue, and a single purple lightsaber
>>
>>51234053

It still means theat the faction literally has less to fky and buy, and not all FFGs customers pay money to be "serious".
>>
>>51234123
Every temple guard in Rebels has a yellow one.
>>
anybody have a download link for Tales of the Jedi? can't find it on the old computer and we seem to be lacking in old EU download links.
>>
>>51234101
Wouldn't surprise me. There are only 2 sith at once, coordinating your saber scheme would be fairly simple but there are thousands of jedi from a dozen odd races spread across the galaxy, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a few different schemes for different regions or groups. You know, like real world regiment colours work.

Of course the real reason is Lucas thought having more colours was cooler and the green/blue change was to differentiate Luke's self-made saber from his inherited one. Then in the prequels he just went full on rainbow with it. Being the kind of Star Wars fan that needs to explain how everything works in a property written and directed by someone that didn't give a gnat's fart for consistency is suffering.
>>
File: 6579707_f520.jpg (116KB, 520x455px) Image search: [Google]
6579707_f520.jpg
116KB, 520x455px
>>51234165
>real world regiment colours work
Sounds like bitch mode, desu.
>>
>>51234112
Yeah you see that's pretty cool, it's simple enough that I could buy it and comes back to a fairly human reason of just not having access to good crystals. The only problem it introduces is that it should render jedi sabers a strict upgrade, which makes it surprising Vader didn't grab Kenobi's saber after killing him.
>>
>>51234060

Well it started with that one goof and his fake ass rumors, saying only one scum in next wave when numbers make 2 seem likely. Scum with less ships aint the end of the world, but it sure seems like a shit deal for people who play Scum. Anc its poor business
>>
>>51234181
i thought he kept obi-wans saber as a trophy
>>
>>51234181
>The only problem it introduces is that it should render jedi sabers a strict upgrade
Wrong way around, homie.
>Sith-made synthetic crystals created a slightly more powerful blade when energized by the dark side of the Force. Sith lightsaber blades could "break" the blade of a Jedi Saber, but such occurrences were rare.
>>
>>51234119
>most powerful card
the level of discrepency in card power is the problem, and that utility and cost aren't enought to factor in.
While HLC is the most common cannon, Mauler canon shows up, and Ion and Tractor beam both get some consideration for cheap utility options
>>
>>51231848
>Auzituck

Y'know as a rebel player i'm not even mad. That'd be an awesome addition if it came with some upgrades that also helped the B-Wing.
>>
>>51234181
I think the idea is they were roughly on par (Sith sabers were a little stronger, even) but the process of creating crystals required dark side techniques, meaning the Jedi couldn't just shift focus to mass producing artificial crystals.
>>
>>51233026

Yes. "Wormie" was a nickname Luke's friends had for him, so this guy is one of Luke's old friends.
>>
File: Destiny Dooku.png (399KB, 700x593px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Dooku.png
399KB, 700x593px
What's the word on Star Wars: Destiny?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm tempted to, especially since it has Best Sith Lord.
>>
>>51233711
>I mean, it did when the faction first came out, but now they've got virtually every base covered when compared to Rebels and Imps, and on top of that have vastly better large ships.

Fucking this.

Scum don't need any extra help. Look at any regionals top 8 and you'll see at least 4-5 scum players. They're the hot thing at the moment, and if its not Jumpmasters, it'll be 4Y or Brobots.

Really I think the imps should get another bomber, the rebels should get a new knifefighter (or something that fixes the B or E or X) and Scum should get the Kom'rrk to fit the 'slow moving but durable tank' role a la the deci and the ghost. Even then they don't need it though.
>>
>>51234493
It's fun, it's unique, and it's FFG so you know that it will remain relatively well balanced without the usual CCG shenanigans which plague other products.

Also you'll be crucified for mentioning it in /swg/. Run friend, before the hordes who looked no further than word 'collectible' descend to tear you a new anus.
>>
>>51234493
From what I understand, people have a lot of fun playing it, but it's more expensive to play at a competitive level than X-wing. Which strikes me as crazy considering it's cards and dice.
>>
>>51234536
>it's more expensive to play at a competitive level than X-wing
Like X-wing, you can play something very competitive with a very small investment - for example, you can play eKylo/Trooper/Trooper using only two starter kits, and play a fairly competitive deck. You needn't buy even one blind booster. It only gets expensive if you try and chase the meta.
>>
>>51234072
>hurburrr eeeevil lightsaber crystals r red bc their made in a factory
>>
>>51234605
How is that worse than lightsaber crystals being red because THE EVIL PEOPLE MADE THEM BLEEEEEEEEEED
>>
File: Leia_Jedi_Knight_2.jpg (146KB, 961x1824px) Image search: [Google]
Leia_Jedi_Knight_2.jpg
146KB, 961x1824px
>>51233993
Its as much of as a skill as folding steel for a katana is to a weeb. Gotta trounce it up for the mystical element.
>>
>>51234493
Pretty fun from what I've played. If you get a starter, see if you can get two copies of the same one - there's some starter exclusive stuff that sees a good bit of use, in particular each one has a strong blue upgrade, which will be handy if you plan on focusing on Dooku.

>>51234536
A lot of the expense right now is a lack of stock and people going crazy. In a couple weeks the people who want packs to crack or sell will get them, and enough stuff will get on the market that prices ought to drop.
>>
>>51234710
>those fully detailed nips
>>
>>51232777
Trips of Heaven. Praise the holy host.
>>
File: BYX-Wing.png (31KB, 1008x630px) Image search: [Google]
BYX-Wing.png
31KB, 1008x630px
Rate my beautiful Ugly.

B and Y-wing hulls jammed together with a Y-wing cockpit, including dorsal and turret gun, B-wing main wing with its cannon with X-wing foils and guns and a Y-wing engine slapped on to the side.

I scribbled a prettier drawing during my nightshift, but I lost it before I could come home and post it, so here's an MS paint mockup.
>>
>>51236369
Looking at it has upset my stomach.
>>
>>51236369

suitably offensive, well done.
>>
>>51233113

I'm not screwing with you. But it's the internet, so people will (and should) continue to believe those rumours are lies until they are proved true. I would do the same thing if the positions were reversed.

It will be a pretty underwhelming wave on the surface, but I guess I still have hope that it will solve some issues in the game.

I haven't seen all the upgrade cards that will come with the ships, but there are some opportunities there...

The Imperial TIE could provide a new turret for all the other ships to benefit from. The Guild TIE could provide yet more "fix" cards to benefit Imperial TIEs (although Imperial-only players would be furious having to buy a Scum ship to get them... hopefully there's room on their Starviper shelf). As mentioned, the gunship might include something to help B-wings (and maybe E-wings, if it's a system card).

I have no idea how the Force expansion would be divided and packed. Theoretically it could be a dice and cards only box that helps all three factions.

Something the "Ahsoka A-wing" skeptics should consider is that A-wings have already been sighted in Episode VIII materials. So there may be more A-wing related additions than just her.
>>
>>51236529
different anon, but any sauce on that so i can read up on it on my own?
>>
I've decided to roll up a super-cancerous, jetpacking mandowankalorian for a one-off EotE game. I've decided to call him Noot Canoon.

Other than having him be very well-versed in lightsaber crystal lore ('they BLEEEED, james!!") and really hating Bothans, I don't really know how I'm going to make the concept live up to its potential.
>>
>>51237751
reference Jedi Prince a lot
reference the campiest shit from old Marvel Star Wars
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>51237751
Shitpost like your life depended on it.
>>
>>51237751
Try to engage PCs and random NPCs in deep philosophical debates about the morality of the light and dark sides of the force as often as possible.
>>
>>51237751
reference every meme you can think of
>High ground
>shooting first
>thats no moon, thats yo mama
>Im yo father
>pray i dont alter the deal further
>you underestimate my power
>I am the chosen one
>only a sith deals in absolutes
>unlimited power
>I killed younglings
>i need power converters
>>
It's either that or Bazooka Katano desu
>>
*gazes off into the horizon*

"I've been stealing fruit from the Empire for years, kid. It never gets any easier."
>>
>>51233894
The actors are brothers. Mads Mikkelsen played Galen and Lars Mikkelsen played Thrawn.
>>
>>51237751
Remember to also bring up some Monty python references out of the blue.

Like when you approach some base or palace, note that "It's only a model".
>>
>>51237869
>anything from the holiday special
>>
On ships like the YT-1300, YT-2400, B-Wing, and others. Why would any ship designer build something with the cockpit not in-line with the hull and thrust of the ship? Wouldn't this give these ships huge blindspots? Wouldn't it make them incredibly difficult to control, doubly so in atmosphere where wind resistance is a thing? Do these ships exist solely for the sake of being special snowflakes?
>>
>>51237981
This.
Make sure to visit Kashyyyk during the life day.
>>
>>51237934
That's a pretty common scandi surname.
>>
>>51238228
they're actually fucking brothers though...
>>
>>51238254
I will look that up when I am off mobile.
>>
>>51234088
>I dun need to have a prosthetic arm
She went from waifu tier to trash in literally one scene
>>
>>51232777
Watch this with the song Singing in the Rain in the background.
>>
>>51232777
>tfw R1 turns into a horror movie for one scene
>>
File: X-wing_2_Fathead.png (86KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
X-wing_2_Fathead.png
86KB, 500x257px
>>51238011
Straight off the YT-1300s wiki page,
>The vessel's side-mounted cockpit and front-facing prongs allowed it to push containers

>control
Every ship in star wars should be nigh impossible control. If all their thrusters are facing backwards how do they slow down in space? How do they turn?

What bothers me more than either of those is how weapons always end up being extremely far from centerline. Just strap those dumb wing blasters to the nose, Lucas. Just do it.
>>
>>51238524
>Just strap those dumb wing blasters to the nose, Lucas. Just do it.
One of the things I like about the Y-Wing.
>>
>>51238524
>The vessel's side-mounted cockpit and front-facing prongs allowed it to push containers
Wouldn't a high-mounted bridge allow the same thing, as well as allow the pilot to see what he was pushing?
>Every ship in star wars should be nigh impossible control. If all their thrusters are facing backwards how do they slow down in space? How do they turn?
We know they have control surfaces. I'd assume the ships have small ports along the hulls that release pressurized gasses allowing for tight turning
>>
>>51238580
>Control surfaces
>in space.
>>
>>51237869
>Hate sand
>>
>>51238602
Hey, they're referenced directly by Luke in A New Hope, during the trench run. We just don't know their full function
>>
>>51238624
>What sand?
>Not my problem
>Hate sand
>Support sand
>>
File: image.png (16KB, 1089x813px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 1089x813px
>>51238645
Explain to me why this doesn't happen.
>>
>>51238743
because space opera hand waving
>>
>>51238743
To borrow from Star Trek, maybe the repilsorlifts, used to make the ship float in atmo, also work like inertial dampeners, allowing the ship to make fluid turning motions rather thanhaving to rely on vector thrust.
>>
File: x-wing cross section.jpg (540KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
x-wing cross section.jpg
540KB, 1280x842px
>>51238524
>If all their thrusters are facing backwards how do they slow down in space? How do they turn?
The X-wing, at least, has retrothrusters (the intake-looking things in front).
>>
>>51238940
Well that's nice for slowing down if you've been moving exactly straight, but what about if they've turned?
>>
>>51238524
Its science FICTION
You're looking in the wrong place for science fact, hit up NASA aerospace papers for how stuff works in space, star wars is all about stylised versions of a possible form made up by artists.
>>
File: image.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>51239017
Obviously, but it can be fun to nitpick.

Also, it's science fantasy.
>>
File: PRESENTswEPTHREE-131.jpg (222KB, 1600x924px) Image search: [Google]
PRESENTswEPTHREE-131.jpg
222KB, 1600x924px
Anyway, have a space hotrod
>>
>>51232525
Are there systems with any ship to ship spaceship combat system similar to Star Wars?
>>
>>51238980
"Etheric rudders" mounted somewhere in the engines. Basically technobabble witchcraft because Star Wars is space fantasy with incredibly soft, often nonsensical science.
>>
>>51239045
X-wing
>>
>>51238624
Well yeah, i mean it IS course and does get everywhere, don't you know?
>>
>>51237869
>the glove of darth vader
>>
>>51238524
>If all their thrusters are facing backwards how do they slow down in space? How do they turn?
You flip 180, face opposite to the direction of your delta-V, and burn your thrusters.
>>
>>51239086
>Dark greetings
>Moffrence
>>
>>51237869
Keep grand dads head in a duffel bag!
>Talk to it during quiet time
>>
>>51239111
But if that were the case it would be represented in the movies, my friend.
>>
>>51238254
>>51238270
>>51237934
>>51233894
>>51233840
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Mikkelsen There, a nice wiki leak to prove it.
>>
>>51239017
*Science Fantasy.

Science Fiction has to have some grounding in real science. That can mean soft sci-fi, like Star Trek and Farscape, where scientific principles are used but also worked around when the plot requires it, or hard sci-fi, like the early Expanse series, that requires basically every peice of technology to be plausible under our current understanding of the universe.

Star Wars has space magic and laser swords. That makes it Fantasy.
>>
>>51239195
Its also got old SMG's and pistols that shoot shit, which is an easily identifiable as a weapon rather than shooting space goo, people still have other various bits of kit like walkie talkies, shit jobs working on a farm and dodgy friends who drive a space truck.
It may not be 'hard sci-fi', but that genre tends to alienate people by annoying them with techno babble, hence science fiction is often a setting much different from our own, but with the well recognised tales of adventure and character driven so that we can relate to it on a very base level.

It has elements of fantasy for sure, but fantasy by its definition is just another word for imaginative fiction
>>
>>51238270
>Lars Mikkelsen
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0586565/
>>
>>51232756
>complimenting sand people
>>
File: dancing goal post.gif (134KB, 410x309px) Image search: [Google]
dancing goal post.gif
134KB, 410x309px
>>51239412
The genre that Star Wars belongs to is the science fantasy genre. There's no point in trying to backpedal. Now come criticize the stupider parts of the franchise, talk cards/minis/rpgs, or frig off.
>>
What's a reasonable way to "back-adapt" Death Troopers into Legends' universe? Given their heavy use of cybernetics, would it make sense to write them as an ImpInt-led spin-off of Phase 0 Dark Trooper stuff?
>>
>>51239412
Think of SF like a subgenre of Sci-fi that gives no fucks and wants to look pretty above anything else. Alternately think of it like the bastard love child of Buck Rodgers 50's sci-fi and the early swell of love for the LOTR genre of high fantasy. Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>51239619
I would go with them being another competing project, maybe parallel to phase 0, that didn't gain as much traction but still provided useful commando units for the Imperial Military.
>>
>>51239619
Phase 0 dark troopers seems to be a pretty damn close fit. We know they're medically augmented in some way.
>>
>>51239619
It doesn't really need too much adaptation, just have one of the more stealth-based branches of the empire request some Phase 0 tech for a project that isn't just cross between infantry an AT-ST.
>>
>>51239511
>crackers are incapable of compliments
>>
>>51239195
It's science fiction. Spess magic, or laser swords, doesn't suddebly change the rules of science fiction genre. By your half-assed arguments, Dune would be considered space fantasy.
>>
>>51239750
>Dune would be considered space fantasy.
it is tho
>>
>>51239171
So would B-Wings destroying capital ships.
>>
>>51239750
Thats because Dune is Science Fantasy. You're acting like SF is a bad thing. It isn't. It's just a distinguisher. In the same way that you wouldn't mix up a crime drama and a period costume drama, you wouldn't claim that Star Wars and, say, Star Trek fall under the exact same heading. They're similar but distinct.
>>
>>51239774
Naw, senpai, they had to take out that feature because it kills the hyperdrive.
>>
File: nanomachines.jpg (42KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines.jpg
42KB, 500x419px
>>51239665
>>51239681
>>51239697
Right, so what would be a reasonable way of differentiating them from Phase Zero? Augs that focus more on intel gathering, data recording, and stealth compared to the Dark Trooper's purely combat-focused augs? ImpInt brainwashing techniques that counteract the suicidal urges brought on by being excessively chromed? NANOMACHINES?
>>
>>51239831
you're an idiot
>>
File: RipperStreet_showimage_1920x1080.jpg (565KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RipperStreet_showimage_1920x1080.jpg
565KB, 1920x1080px
>>51239808
>you wouldn't mix up a crime drama and a period costume drama
Hmm...
>>
>>51239831
I like to think they have a few Cap-Buster variants of the B-wing attatched to a few of their own carrier caps. It seems like too useful a weapon to simply dispose of all together.
>>
>>51239845
Are we not talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA3o_UpFn7E ?
>>
File: fuck your star destroyers.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck your star destroyers.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>51239873
>Needing a chickenshit superlaser to kill capital ships
Git gud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y8vqlx4Krk
>>
>>51239861
Yes, a thing can fit into 2 genres. That doesn't mean those 2 genres are synonymous. You're just nitpicking now and you know it.
>>
>>51239873
no, you retard. The B-wing was killing capital ships back in the old old EU
>>
File: Waste of Time.jpg (97KB, 329x576px) Image search: [Google]
Waste of Time.jpg
97KB, 329x576px
>>51239894
>>51239936
>referencing non-canon materials
>>
>>51239965

Ah, the ghost does the same thing with a couple of proton torpedoes.

WHICH quarrie explictly says are on the B. BAM, there's your canon material.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (70KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
70KB, 600x889px
>>51239965
>>
>>51239844
Phase Zero are the walking tank Purge Troopers, these guys are just bigger, more combat focused Stormcommandos.
>>
>>51239981
Yes, but the Ghost requires an excessively non-standard load of proton torpedoes. There's no way of knowing if a B-wing would have enough.
>>
>>51240051
They only needed two, maybe four of the things in the Geonosis episode, though the particle shields may have been under some strain in the atmosphere.

(Never rely on rebels for durability figures, you get spiders that can survive starship cannons and AT-AT legs not even slowing down a leaping lightsaber attack)
>>
>>51239914
I'm a totally different person I just like Ripper Street.
>>
"I have a message. General ... Leia Organa's transport ... was shot down ... over the Maw blackhole cluster. It spun in ... there were no survivors."
>>
>>51240106
Also ship crews being fine despite the ship's keel breaking. I just assume it's a dramatic way of showing the ship being defeated rather then the crew abandoned ship, then scuttled the vessel.
>>
>>51239965
Are you talking shit about Rogue Leader anon? Because that's still the gold standard for me for sim games, even over X-Wing and TIE Fighter. Homing Cluster Missiles 4 Lyfe.
>>
>>51239544

Space fantasy epic myth.

It only tangentially brushes against science in the hallway a few times a week.
>>
>>51240151
I mean there COULD have been functioning repulsorlifts in the back half and the bridge was the only "Fine" part we saw.
>>
How would you stat a U-wing for the FFG RPGs?
>>
>>51239544
Redbacks one of the nicer people to contribute to swg over the years with GM advice for any SW system
we're lucky to have him
>>
>>51240755
This isn't reddit. Judge the post by the merit of the post, not the poster.
>>
>>51240150

[Note: Leia died on the way back to the Resistance base]
>>
>>51240885
It's possible she was going to die anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a attrition of one major OT cast member each film.
>>
>>51240925

Unfortuantely she supposedly had an even bigger role in 9 than in 8.
>>
>>51240949
yeah, how are they gonna remake Return without Leia?
>>
>>51240949
It could also be a smokescreen to hide her potential death in VIII.
>>
File: Kylejan.jpg (68KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kylejan.jpg
68KB, 640x300px
>>51240996
Yeah, what other snarky fan-favorite Star Wars couples could possibly fill in for the role of leading a commando ground team?
>>
>>51241058
I really doubt they're going to have both Jan Ors and Jyn Erso be canon, the names would be too confusing for regular people.
>>
>>51241081
Not really at all.
>>
So, when is Dash Rendar being made canon again?
>>
File: wraith squadron.jpg (299KB, 542x657px) Image search: [Google]
wraith squadron.jpg
299KB, 542x657px
>>51241081
Plan B, then. Yub yub, Commander.
>>
>>51241120
Never, the storygroup really hates him.
>>
>>51241120
Is the character or plot interesting and fun? Then no, never again. Case in point, >>51241126. It's DOA, and we'll never see the Wraiths again.
>>
>>51241240
>shit talking Dash fucking Rendar
don't do it
>>
>>51241348

I think anon is saying that Legends stuff is cut because it IS fun/interesting.
>>
>>51241348
No anon, I like Dash Rendar, but he's too cool for the modern canon.

>>51241382
Correct.
>>
>>51241412
oh, we cool then
>>
File: SWIrons01.png (340KB, 394x520px) Image search: [Google]
SWIrons01.png
340KB, 394x520px
>>51241412
>Dash Rendar
Jeremy Irons plays him in Ep 9
>>
>>51234475
Nothing on the wook about it. Also Boba kills him in the next panel.
>>
>>51241487
That's more like gallandro. And looks nothing like Jeremy Irons
>>
>>51241487
>doubt.png
It'll be some guy named Dyshe Reindahr or something, who acts more like a bitter grandad.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>51241487
>Jeremy Irons
His talents would be wasted on anyone less hammy than Trioculus.
>>
>>51241559
If they canonized the Jedi Prince books, I'd almost, *almost* forgive them for gutting the good parts of the Legends material.
>>
>>51241487
>>51241542
>>51241554
>>51241559
https://indierevolver.com/2014/08/15/its-not-the-years-its-the-parsecs/

That's an old Han concept outfit with the face changed.
>>
File: pablononcanon.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
pablononcanon.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51239965
>>
At first I didn't gove a fuck about the idea of a boba film, but now I wanna see a bunch of goofy fucking bounty hunters.

He knows IG-88, Bossk, and the others, right?
>>
>>51241559
Jeremy Irons is playing Thrawn.

I put one internet on it.
>>
>>51241593
Everything went. There's no reason to be saltly when things are constantly being re-introduced into the new canon.
>>
File: Thrawn Rebels.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn Rebels.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>51241709

We already have Lars Mikkelsen playing Thrawn in Rebels.

He's pretty badass too. Rebels is full of shitty and incompetent dark side users, alongside badass fleshed-out interesting Imperials.
>>
>>51241784
Yeah I know the bad went with the good, but they're introducing more stupid shit than good right now. I'm also slightly miffed about the first Death Star's plans being found by near happenstance, rather than a shedload of people doing good intelligence work.
>>
>>51241792
Maul has been pretty good in rebels, imo.
>>
>>51241792
Lars Mikkelsen won't be playing Old Thrawn.
>>
File: Maul what fun.jpg (12KB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
Maul what fun.jpg
12KB, 635x357px
>>51241845

W H A T F U N
H
A
T
F
U
N

I agree, Maul coming back is the best thing to come out of Star Wars animation.
>>
>>51241845
Halfway through the season 2 finale. He's been pretty good so far.
>>
>>51241941
Fuck, just got to the helicopter scene. FUCK
>>
File: 1460385939435.jpg (221KB, 663x936px) Image search: [Google]
1460385939435.jpg
221KB, 663x936px
>>51241956
H A T R E D C O P T E R
>>
Is there a guide to watching Rebels yet?
>>
Why are the Rebels writers so obsessed with putting the characters in masks for no reason at any opportunity?
>>
File: image.png (96KB, 429x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96KB, 429x585px
>>51241956
Silhouette: 1
Speed: 1
Handling: 1
Shields: 0/0/0/0
Armor: 0
HT Threshold: 2
SS Threshold: 2

Maximum altitude: 30 m
Sensor range: None
Crew: One
Encumbrance Capacity: 3
Passenger Capacity: Zero
>>
>>51242054
I've not seen one, no. I have some notes and I was thinking of trying to make one in the near future.
>>
File: char.gif (142KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
char.gif
142KB, 472x640px
>>51242109
Maybe they want to save a few dollars on facial animation work. Also, masks are cool.
>>
>>51242109
So they can save a few bucks on face animations?
>>
>>51242109
It's as >>51242160 says. Facial expressions take time. Sometimes it's easier just to give a character a helmet for action intensive sequences.
>>
>>51241382
I imagine a lot of it comes down to how you could pitch it. Dash comes out of Shadows of the Empire is a poor man's Han Solo (cocky Corellian ace pilot smuggler for hire) there to fill the gap and to butt heads with the main cast until he gets some character development and a supposed heroic sacrifice. But that was Shadows of the Empire, and we know for a fact that Pablo definitely doesn't like that story.

So you keep his background traits and his origin stuff intact, you keep him as a smug ace pilot for hire, but with Shadows not happening in NuCanon, you can go in a different direction with him. Hell, /swg/'s interpretation of him as a guy who tells tall tales about his exploits in order to impress local rubes and get laid while occasionally saving the day is an incredibly solid direction to take him.

You could make NuDash the Booster Gold of the Galaxy.
>>
File: 1482869288618.gif (852KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482869288618.gif
852KB, 500x300px
>>51242116
>>
what's a good beginner tier x wing squad

I got invited by a friend to a lgs tournament (I strongly suspect he invited me specifically to job to him). I just started and I was wondering if there were any good lists around.
>>
>>51242408
What faction?
If you play rebels, learn how to fly this list and you'll be ok
Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Kyle Katarn, Outrider, Engine Upgrade] (58)

Corran Horn [R2-D2, Fire-Control System, Veteran Instincts] (42)
>>
>>51234656
>>51234605
Luke's green saber was synthetic too, the use of red in synth crystals was out of tradition, and the use of them was out of necessity because the sith lacked access to the crystal mines
>>
>>51242590
>Luke's green saber was synthetic
Sauce?
>>
>>51242611
Novelizations. (Of the movies, before you go all Pablo.)
>>
>>51242611
Nevermind, found it.
>>
>>51242503
this is what I was planning on taking

Gold Squadron Pilot [R5-D8, Proton Torpedoes, Seismic Torpedo, Ion Cannon Turret, Stealth Device] (35)

Chewbacca [Determination, Assault Missiles, Nien Nunb, Recon Specialist, Millennium Falcon (Evade Version), Hull Upgrade] (56)
>>
>>51242672
>>51242611
I'm short, a light saber crystal was special but only so much and ultimately replaceable if need be, none of this shit about them being loyal or needing to be turned evil
>>
>>51242305
>a guy who tells tall tales about his exploits in order to impress local rubes and get laid while occasionally saving the day is an incredibly solid direction to take him.

So Han Solo.
>>
Fucking hell even Lucas went and stated that light sabers aren't mood rings when making revenge of the sith
>>
>>51242808
I don't even mind all this wand chooses the wizard bullshit, I just don't understand the logic in making 100% of the race of living crystals light-side aligned pre-sith rape.
>>
File: DexterHS-SWE.jpg (76KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
DexterHS-SWE.jpg
76KB, 360x480px
Yo is there anyone who can GM a game of Eote for me and 4 others. We have our sheets, backgrounds, and everything ready but we need a GM for a game set in Gal Civ era. If you know the system and arent autistic we will take you.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (456KB, 704x704px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
456KB, 704x704px
Fuck Dash Rendar. You know what Corellian smuggler-for-hire I really want to see more of?

The one guy smart enough to turn down a job offer from a fanatical space wizard and his lanky hotheaded farmer boy who were about to become the Empire's Most Wanted: BoShek.

And look at those handsome sideburns!
>>
>>51242843
Dunno, makes the sith sound more evil I guess them having them able to find dark sided crystals, hell even reusing the synth crystals concept as making evil clones would work too
>>
>>51242022
>in loving memory
>implying anyone loves seventh sister
>>
>>51242888
BoShek abides.
>>
>>51242881

No one is going to GM for a bunch of randos who already know each other. One of you needs to nut up and run the fucking game and will do so until the stars burn out, because the mantle of Foreer GM doesn't ever leave you.
>>
>>51242881
Why don't you guys run a round robin game and have each player take turns as a GM
>>
>>51242928
this
>>
is it faggoty to have light sided sith and dark sided jedi? like have someone that makes themselves strong through strong emotions but wields the light side of the force. or goes around like the first terminator, like completely emotionless

I ask because one of my players wants to play the dark side jedi, and as a roleplaying incentive I had everyone come up with rivals that I could use as antagonists or allies, the dark side jedi picked a emotional light sided force user. and I'm not sure whether to tell him to do it over
>>
>>51242901

I don't know about love, but the lust was real.
>>
>>51242992
While it's your game and you define the laws and rules of the universe. I wouldn't have cross aligned force users, IMO it leads to angst, stupidity, and raising questions that don't need to be asked about star wars' very black and white morality.
>>
>>51242992
>light sided sith
Yes, faggoty and hard to make unfaggoty.
>dark sided jedi
Jedi who get to keep their badges and "hero" status despite clearly falling to the Dark Side? Faggoty. Jedi who have fallen from grace and are on the path to damnation? No, not faggoty, those guys happen all the time. If the Dark Jedi player wants a rival, I'd recommend a regular heroic Jedi who has been sent to arrest him.

Also remember that the light-dark split isn't about emotion/no emotion, it's about whether or not you let your emotions do all the decision-making. Jedi can still feel emotion (see: Luke), they just don't let them get in the way of doing the right thing.
>>
>>51242714
Jesus Christ, why?
>>
>>51242992
>>51243090

The adjective you guys are looking for is 'faggy'.
>>
>>51243140
what needs replacing?
>>
>>51242901
>he wouldn't /SS/
>>
File: tie_avenger.jpg (441KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tie_avenger.jpg
441KB, 1920x1440px
>>51232525

Any stat blocks out there for these things? I've been thinking of using them in my campaign soon.
>>
>>51243195
everything
>>
>>51243090

In F&D anyway, intent and action matters.

Emotions can affect choices and motivations, but what you do and why you do it is the critical part of the philosophy.
>>
>>51243156
>https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faggoty?pronunciation&lang=en_us&dir=f&file=faggot03
No u!
>>
>>51243140
>>51243219

I'll just put my collection up, feel free to make suggestions for a squad

Core set
Millennium falcon
Slave 1
Imperial Aces
Tie Advanced
Tie Fighter
X-Wing
Y-Wing
ARC-170
>>
File: 1483290183681.jpg (20KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1483290183681.jpg
20KB, 720x405px
>>51243248

Well I'll be damned.
>>
File: 1479101449651.jpg (92KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1479101449651.jpg
92KB, 730x1095px
>>51242901
You're saying you wouldn't let those green buttcheeks ride you?
>>
>>51242714
youre better off with this list m8
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!157:107,120,-1,-1,164,160:-1:4:;29:18,72:7:15:U.175;66:27,141:-1:6:&sn=Chopper%20Buzzsaw
>>
>>51243346
>http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!157:107,120,-1,-1,164,160:-1:4:;29:18,72:7:15:U.175;66:27,141:-1:6:&sn=Chopper%20Buzzsaw
I was planning on getting the ghost next, so that's a possibility, but what could I do with >>51243250
>>
>>51243250
Soontir Fel [Royal Guard TIE, Push the Limit, Autothrusters, Stealth Device] (35)

Boba Fett [Ion Cannon, Veteran Instincts, Recon Specialist, Slave-1, Engine Upgrade] (50)

I left you 15 points to play around with.
>>
>>51243427
I don't have soontir fel, but that Boba build looks pretty good
>>
>>51242956
>>51242961
>>51242928
Well guess i got no damn choice but to do it myself. Any advice for a now new gm for Eote? I think i got the basics of eote down.
>>
>>51243693
Don't be a dick, don't be petty, read the whole book.

Don't let a party member buy the parts for twenty lightsabres from a single guy at a bazaar.
>>
>>51243215
>Any stat blocks out there for these things? I've been thinking of using them in my campaign soon.
Stay on Target has more TIE variants.
>>
>>51243693
Give them what they want, but always make it a monkey's paw.

They want a kickass freighter with a lot of cool modifications? A Hutt loaned them money to kit it out and wants to make sure he gets a return on his investment.

If you can, be familiar with the Han Solo Adventures, Cowboy Bebop, Firefly and Outlaw Star. That's the kind of vibe that works best with a Scum campaign.
>>
>>51243789
>parts for 20 lightsabers
Holy shit this, I wonder if anyone screencapped that. Just because something is technically within the bounds of the rules, doesn't mean it should work/be without consequence.
>>
does this place generate decent squads?
http://x-wing.fabpsb.net/gindex.php?lng=en
>>
>>51243827
>>51243848
>>51243827
Ok. Im gonna start something simple. Crew ship finds abandoned CIS freighter yadda yadda fight.
>>
>>51243932
>Crew ship finds Snowflake ship
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>51243932
Whoops meant to say just abandoned CIS ship in general not freighter. Whats wrong with the Crew having a ship?
>>
>>51244020
How many smugglers or rebels fly around in former CIS ships?
Give them an old YT series that isn't a special snowflake
>>
>>51243985
Grow up, faggot.
>>
>>51244053
Fucking goofed again. ITS NOT A CIS ship just regular freighter im just wording it wrong like an idiot.
>>
File: hatefun.jpg (47KB, 377x283px) Image search: [Google]
hatefun.jpg
47KB, 377x283px
>>51242888
>GM George Lucas: An older man, with white hair and a beard in drab brown robes approaches you. "I'm looking for a pilot who can provide passage to Alderaan, for myself, the boy," he points to a blond-haired teenager in a white tunic by the bar, "and two droids. The job pays 8,000 credits, but we want to keep a low profile."
>Player Bob Shenck: Thanks, but no thanks. I have a lot of coupon to clip out at home. Maybe Chewie can help you out.
>George: Damn it, Bob. Are you ever going to take one of my plot hooks? Because if you aren't, we can just drop the campaign now and go back to playing Munchkin.
>Bob: Yeah, we could do that. Munchkin is always fun.
>>
>>51244020
Nothing's wrong with the crew having a ship. There's a certain cost range for a starting ship (120k I think) so as long as it fits that, its fine.

I had one party run a space casino scam out of a Luxury 3000 Yacht and next they're going to have a Barloz with a still in the engine room because the pilot's Corellian.
>>
>>51243932
Why don't you give them a reason to work together to buy a ship, that way the ship has more significance. If they have to work up the credits to buy it, it'll mean more to them and they won't end up just pawning it.
>>
>>51243932
>>51243985
>>51244087
So it's just an old freighter once owned by a pro-CIS crew?
I recommend a hotrodded Ghtroc 720 with the CIS flag prominently painted on the dorsal surface and named The General Grevious
>I'm thunder in the spacelanes looking bad bad bad
>>
>>51244130
>>51244147
Its a one shot. More about getting familiar with the system not a full campaign.
>>
>>51244153
Honestly not a bad idea.
>>
>>51244153
>The General Grevious
A bit on the nose, isn't it? I'd say make it a pun.
>>
>>51244839
The Generally Grievous.
>>
Someone convince me that Kanan is truly a better crew for Rey (with the new title) than C-3PO.
>>
>>51244839
Or at least something economics-related to fit in with Grievous' flagship being named Invisible Hand.
>Free Market
>Regulator
>Basis Point
>Capital Flight
>Expected Return
>Free Lunch
>First Mover
>>
>>51245162
>smugglers flying the AnCap
>>
>>51244839
I was making a Dukes Of Hazzard/Johnny Cash joke, but anyhow
>>
>>51245391
>Muun bankers found aboard the Hothschild
>>
>>51245108
With Kanan you can slap on push the limit or experimental interface and then squad leader or expert handling or whatever and maintain near-full mobility while shedding the stress, for C-3PO you're just getting a ghetto evade token.
>>
>>51245402
I understood it, Shipfag. The rest of these dicks didn't, but know your reference was appreciated by some.
>>
>>51245402
But "On the Nose" means "A little TOO obviously a pun/wordplay/reference."
>>
>>51232548
Kakarot and blazakin?
>>
>>51244839
Dooku's Fang

Because Christopher Lee played Dracula
>>
>>51245108
Because:
>Pick 3 bank maneuver
>Activate title
>Rotate Falcon
>Take stress
>Kanan
>Stress goes away
I was told you can choose which to resolve first after doing the 3 bank so in this case you resolve the title first, giving you stress, and then resolve Kanan which removes the stress because you just did a white maneuver.
>>
>>51245162
You're looking for the Free Lunch? Most spacers say that it doesn't exist, just a rumor started towards the end of the war.
>>
>>51238624
>Not hating sand both in every character and IRL

Wow I sure wish I could get my feet, legs and genitals covered in a coarse substance that tracks into my shoes and car for a goddamn century. I'm a huge environment loving pussy but fuck beaches
>>
>>51245108
C-3P0 is best when you have something like Push the Limit, or Experimental Interface on the ship, as well as Lando to pair with C-3P0. You use Lando's action, guess 0 with 3P0, and guarantee at least 1 evade, and possibly 1 evade and two focus.
>>
>>51246015
You think sand is bad? Dihydrogen Monoxide can't even be washed off, once you get it on you!
>>
>>51242116
Underrated post
>>
>>51234493
I've played a few rounds of it at a friend's and really enjoyed it. Pretty fun game - honestly, the collectible model turns me off a bit - I'll at least wait until the next two booster sets are out to see how they design with regards to 'chase rare' cards and the like. But the actual gameplay is really fun.
Core also has Grievous. They picked some really great opening heroes.
>>
>>51243848
have the thread saved as pdf, may try stitching it at some point
>>
>>51246324
Good, The Man With Twenty Lightsabers needs to be preserved as a cautionary tale for new GMs.
>>
So I just finished running the "Trouble Brewing" adventure from the back of the EotE rulebook with my roommates, and they're eager for another session.

What's a good place to go from here? If you haven't read the adventure: they basically rescued an astromech with some nav-data regarding the Kessel Run, captured a small time crime lord, and cashed in the bounty on him.
>>
>>51246355
I missed that particular shitshow. Care to elaborate?
>>
>>51246436
>>51216452
>>
>>51246425

Crime Lord had friends - or owed people money. They come collecting on the guys who cashed his bounty and they need to run jobs to get them back.

Crime boss had a rival who was trying to get an in, and now has an opportunity - they offer the PCs work as a reward.

Crime boss was an imperial informant on the side, and now local ISB goon squads are trying to track down the spacers because they think they might be rebel sympathizers.

Some guy posts a "bounty" on a new time on the Kessel Run, or needs a priority job done via that route, and it will appeal to them because of their new advantage.

Basically, take any crime or western type plot and make it space, it'll work.
>>
File: Star Wars 026-007.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars 026-007.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Why is R2 so based?
>>
>>51243250
Hmm. You're so close to having something here, but you're just shy. Maybe a Fat Han with Norra, PtL, R2, Vectored Thrusters, and Tail Gunner since you don't have a Kyle crew.
>>
>>51243693
Remember to use your Setback Dice and Dark Side Points liberally.
On one side, it makes your players feel like buying those remove <black> talents were worthwhile if you can inconvenience other members of the party on stuff they would have had an easier check on. Then when you tell them to roll <black> on a check, they can have a nice moment of smug-face and say 'no I got the talent for that'. Don't do that maths for them, even if you remember they have the talent.
I add blacks whenever an environmental condition toughens something up, be that adverse environments, distractions, or time pressures, and I let the purples get set as an intrinsic. (Say a lock needs to be picked, the same door would always be three difficulty. But if they have troopers on their tail, I might add black for the other PCs breathing down their neck. And another for the dark outside.

When you remember to use DS points, the PCs don't hoard them. The most boring use is to upgrade checks and then get them upgraded back. So flip them a lot to throw in dangerous new elements to the scenario if they are finding things too easy (Oh no some masonry is falling due to those shots that missed you!). Once you start using them like that, the PCs will start dropping in cool environmental effects if they know they can, and the system starts to shine.
>>
Has anybody else experienced that the large-based X-wing ships have a hard time holding their pegs. ie when you lift the ship, the base falls off.
Does anybody have a remedy for this?
>>
>>51246548
My Falcon does this and while I haven't tried this Future Floor polish should fix the issue. It's used to tighten up action figure and model kit limbs when they get loose. Just put some polish on a brush, paint the peg on the base with it, and let it dry. Connection should be much tighter afterwards.

At least that's how it works with models and action figures.
>>
>>51246526
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!36:27,-1,21,33:2:3:;204:18,-1,184,3:41:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
how's this
>>
>>51246436
Basically, some GM let his player build 20 lightsabers until he got a perfect one because the component parts are technically cheap and not rare. Because it was within the bounds of the rules, the poster insisted that it wouldn't be right for him to tell the player no, or to have it come back to bite him in the ass in any way.

The lesson is basically: just because the rules say you can do something, doesn't mean the GM always needs to let you (especially if the thing you're doing is openly gamey or broken).
>>
>>51246498
These are cool, thank you anon.
>>
>>51246609
Probably not going to win you any tournaments but it seems fine.
>>
File: 1429456691781.jpg (48KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429456691781.jpg
48KB, 400x800px
>>51246513
>engaging hyperdrive with s-foils in attack position
>>
Give me your dumbest, silliest XWM lists. Anything rules legal is allowed
For reference, see
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!33:167,164:-1:27:U.202,m.16;33:-1,-1:-1:-1:;33:21,213:-1:27:U.113,m.19&sn=New%20Squadron
As an example list
>>
>>51246871
>advanced burnout slam
It's completely retarded, but nobody's gonna see it coming
>>
>>51246871
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!33:-1,-1:2:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:;64:-1:-1:-1:&sn=falcon%20and%20swarm
I'm intending to run this next time someone has headhunters on discount.
>>
>>51246513
>based
R2 is a prick robot
>>
Why does Rebels assume AT-ATs are inaccurate? Unlike the stormtrooper effect that shit doesn't even have a movie precedent, those fuckers were shooting snowspeeders down left and right.
>>
>>51246871
http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!115:-1,111:-1:26:;115:-1,111:-1:26:;115:-1,111:-1:26:;115:-1,111:-1:26:;115:-1,111:-1:3:;115:-1,111:-1:3:&sn=Allah%20Ackbar
>>
>>51247050
I get the feeling that the Lothal branch of the Imperial Military is basically a joke. The good troopers/officers/pilots all get sent off to join proper detachments while the "technically adequate" lot get patrol missions in and around Lothal territory.
>>
>>51246609
Pretty decent. If you fly it well you can hold your own.
>>
>>51247095
>lothal is space alaska
I can get with this. it certainly makes it make sense when stormtroopers just stare at thrown grenades
>>
File: terminal lance 29 palms.gif (61KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance 29 palms.gif
61KB, 700x355px
>>51247374
If Lothal is Alaska, then what's Space 29 Palms? The Tatooine garrison?
>>
File: y3hcnwY.jpg (846KB, 3264x1319px) Image search: [Google]
y3hcnwY.jpg
846KB, 3264x1319px
>>51246324
Thanks anon. Pretty sure some of my angry rants will make it into the cap.
>>
>>51247442
The galaxy's a big place. Presumably, there are places even worse than Tatooine.
>>
>>51247535
Malastare seems pretty dreadful. The entire planet is basically 1 giant fuel refinery.
>>
>>51247638
>>51247535
Raxus Prime is a giant garbage dump.
>>
>>51247442
It sure feels like Tatooine here...

And oh the irony that the captcha makes me pick images of grass as I type this.
>>
>>51247668
Come to think of it, Lothal Minor is also a massive junkyard.
>>
File: Carrion-Spike.jpg (6KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion-Spike.jpg
6KB, 325x155px
>>51245727

They missed a huge opportunity to name this thing 'Tarkin's Stake'.
>>
>>51247638
>>51247668
There's got to be somewhere even worse though. Malastare, but the ground is mud (with hexane instead of water) and it rains tar. Tatooine, but it's always windy and there are mosquitoes the size of trucks. Raxus Prime, but for compost.
>>
>>51247442
Space 29 Palms has to be worse than Tatooine. At least Tatooine has gangsters and gambling.
>>
>>51247742
What was the planet in SWTOR where the hutts were manufacturing stims? It rained acid, and there were lakes of acid, and everything that lived their spat acid...
>>
>>51247707
Where it rains acid, giant fire belching robots routinely destroy the landscape, the locals are insane pseudo-jawas and talking snakes.
>>
>>51247857
But see, that at least has a functioning acid-based ecosystem. The little happy acid-worms were pleased as punch to be there, even if nobody else was.

In 29 Palms, even the sand wants to be somewhere else.
>>
>>51247857
Quesh
>>
File: ilaughedtoohard.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
ilaughedtoohard.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>>51247795
Actually that makes Fort Huachuca Tatooine.

>mfw Sierra Vista is Mos Eisley
>>
>>51242801
And/or Lando "Mother Fucking" Calrissian
>>
>>51247732
Fuck that would've been perfect.
>>
Alright. I watched all of Rebels in two days.
It's not bad at all. I was expecting it to be shitty, actually, but from the Season 1 finale on, it was actually really solid.
>>
File: good soldiers follow orders.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
good soldiers follow orders.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>51248671

Now watch The Clone Wars.

It takes longer to get good, but once it gets good, it gets fucking amazing.
>>
>>51248808
I already watched The Clone Wars.
Honestly, I could only ever give a shit about the clone characters...
>>
File: Fives.png (657KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Fives.png
657KB, 1920x816px
>>51248824
The Clones really were the best part.
Press F for Fives
>>
>>51248880
Press F for 99
>>
We're discussing the best resolution for the Starfighter combat engine. How does this strike you fine anons?

>When attacking an enemy starfighter, you will typically be rolling Shoot. Shoot is the skill that governs your ability to hit things with ranged weapons. Typically the roll is your Shoot dice pool + applicable modifiers (often negative dice due to enemy Advantage). The number of successes achieved is compared against the defense roll of the opponent; they will roll one of the three Characteristics against it based on their choice at the beginning of the turn. If the Shoot has an even or greater number of successes than the defender, they’ve hit.

>If you hit an enemy Starfighter, you deal damage modified from the result of the highest single value on your attack roll. If the result is higher than the starfighter’s Integrity, the starship takes a Condition; most starfighters can handle a couple of Conditions before they’re knocked out of the fight. If the result is double the starfighter’s Integrity, the starfighter is destroyed, damaged beyond function, or otherwise removed from the battle. This doesn’t necessarily mean the pilot is killed, of course. Most pilots will be able to eject and go extra-vehicular.
>>
>>51248824
Snarky Obi-Wan is fun, and TCW Anakin only makes you want to punch him when the story is supposed to make you want to punch him, instead of when you're supposed to sympathize with him like in the movies.
>>
>>51248978
What you're describing sounds pretty similar to the old WEG system
>>
>>51245162
CIS Flagship- Sponsored by Subway
>>
>>51242901

kys
>>
>>51249848
>What you're describing sounds pretty similar to the old WEG system
Less complex, but yes, I'm not going to say it's not an influence.
>>
>>51247459
Where is that from?
>>
>>51249306
I like TCW Anakin, he plays an excellent bad cop to Obi-Wan and Ashoka's Good cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3BvWpvSFU
>>
File: jAkgBKK.jpg (794KB, 3264x1531px) Image search: [Google]
jAkgBKK.jpg
794KB, 3264x1531px
>>51250275
Episode 7 artbook
>>
>Ask friend to play XWM
>Takes him a half hour or longer just to setup
>Never makes a squad ahead of time
>Keeps his upgrade cards in a pile on top of his pilot cards
>Meanwhile I'm just sitting there. Waiting.
I love him like a brother but goddamn does this shit piss me off. I've asked him to make squads ahead of time, but he doesn't, and then we only end up playing one game because he spends too long setting up. Even when we use Vassal he does the same shit! Is there any way I can nicely tell him off? He gets upset easily.
>>
File: u5Qozn6.jpg (963KB, 2442x1334px) Image search: [Google]
u5Qozn6.jpg
963KB, 2442x1334px
>>51246324
Any news on the thread-stitching, anon?
>>
>>51250467
I like the makeshift large y-wing concept. Neato.
>>
File: 2_zpsawq8kcip.jpg (88KB, 800x330px) Image search: [Google]
2_zpsawq8kcip.jpg
88KB, 800x330px
>>51250543
Kind of reminds me of the BYX-wing upthread
>>51236369
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.