[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 22

File: Judge.png (745KB, 1277x1652px) Image search: [Google]
Judge.png
745KB, 1277x1652px
Technically Legal Edition

Malifaux:
https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Link to Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9
>>
Holy shit a new general before the previous one falls into the archive, maybe the game's not entirely dead.

first for down with the Guild
>>
Also, aren't we at GG2017 already? Update the OP you faggot.
>>
Gonna bump this as someone looking to get into Malifaux. What do you guys play? What's popular in your area? I'm thinking of picking up the Ortega family box set and a box of Latigos. I haven't really seen a game in person yet but I've been watching some playthroughs online and it looks like a lot of fun. I like the card game aspect that kind of always has you interacting with the game instead of just standing there watching someone throw dice for 15 minutes before you can do anything
>>
>>51232063
>What do we play
Thunders
>What's popular
There's a pretty good mix, but I think Guild is slightly more popular
>Interactiveness
Yep, it's great. Cheating and Alternating Activations makes the game a lot more fast-paced and engaging than 40k and the like, at least for me.
>>
>>51232063
>What do I play
Ten Thunders
>What is popular in the area
Hard to say, but Ten Thunders seem to be somewhat more common than others while Outcasts don't see as much presence

I agree with you when it comes to the interactivity part. It adds another layer of resource management without going to the point of let's say Infinity's tower defense deal. Good choice for a starter set as well. You may want Abuela, austringers, and mounted guard later on.
>>
>>51232063
>What do you guys play?
Arcanists, pretty much all of them.
>What's popular in your area?
I'm the group's painter and I've done pretty much every faction. And there are at least 3 other groups in the area. So, probably everything.
>>
So one of my Clockwork Traps disappeared while I was painting them. Do you need 4 of them or is 3 just fine?
>>
Took part in my first Malifaux tournament last weekend. Managed to win one match out of three, but I'm quite new to the game, so I didn't expect to win against players more familiar with the mechanics.

There is another tournament next month and I'd like to put together better lists to choose from. Players are restricted to two masters from one faction or one master from a dual faction, with a 100 ss pool to form crews from. Encounters are likely generated with Crewfaux, with GG2017 and the January errata in effect.

With that explained, what models should I get for my crews and which schemes would work well with them if present? I have faction boxes for Perdita, Sonnia and Lady J to build from at the moment, but I'm not opposed to expanding my collection. The masters I'd like to field are Perdita and preferably Sonnia, because Lady J seems like a one-trick pony. Should I post the lists I have considered/played so far?
>>
I'm new to the game, looking to expand a Zipp crew. Are Slop Haulers a bad idea?

I haven't got too many games under my belt yet, however I felt my models were dying too fast. Sure, Earl could heal em up with his Ml, but he's just 1 guy and not too durable himself (with no way of healing himself).
So I figured Slop Haulers could help me out - with Ht 1 they can also grab a rope and keep pace wkth the Iron Skeeters.

Or would that be a waste of stones and I just need to git gud (which I do anyway)?
>>
>>51234587
3 is plenty, I rarely go over 2.

>>51235731
Dita, Lady J, and Sonnia all kinda do the same thing (murder stuff) so someone like Lucius, McCabe, or Nellie would help in more interact heavy pools. Post lists.

>>51235989
Slops are one of the best healers in the game. They might struggle catching up with the highly mobile Zipp crew, but you can throw him a rope. Dirty Cheater is a good buy for models who can take upgrades.
>>
>>51236704
This is the list I play with Perdita, and so far the only one I've played. I'm only kinda disappointed in the Death Marshals, I feel like I can't get their value out of them.

Perdita Ortega
- Trick Shooting
Enslaved Nephilim
3x Death Marshal
Francisco Ortega
- Wade In
Papa Loco
Santiago Ortega

For Sonnia I'd probably use this as a base. There are a few points to spend. Originally I wanted to include a Death Marshal, but now that Hold This is lost when Papa is buried, I don't know.

Sonnia
- Cherufe’s Imprint
- Counterspell Aura
Francisco Ortega
- Wade In
Papa Loco
Santiago Ortega
- Hair Trigger
3x Witchling Stalker

Austringers show up on many lists and then there's Witchling Handlers and Death Marshal Recruiters that all seem like they'd have some synergy. Nellie seems like a fun master, but I don't know how well I can use my current selection with her.
>>
>>51237842
What all do you have then?

3x Marshals is overkill. They're solid scheme runners and the box is very powerful, but 1-2 is plenty.

For dita, Aura Ancestral is a great buy. Effigy is also crazy good with her. Santiago I'm not crazy about, could be useful with Debt. Nino gets good use in interact heavy pools. A secondary beater to run solo might be nice, like Ryle or Grimwell. Witchlings are always good for condition removal.

Sonnia wants the child for double flame wall, and Hermanos on Frank for the extra push.
>>
Out of curiosity, have they said when Parker is supposed to be released?
>>
File: Lucius.jpg (852KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius.jpg
852KB, 2880x1800px
>>51231115
Harsh.

What are people's thoughts on GG17?

I haven't played them yet, but I like the look of them.

Also, hype for Nucius.
>>
File: Francisco.jpg (20KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco.jpg
20KB, 300x327px
>>51232063
I play Arcanists - local group is even between them, Thunders and Guild, with a little extra Gremlins and Neverlose.

>>51235731
Perdita and Sonnia are both shooty, so if you are playing with an appropriate amount of terrain both could be gimped by the wrong set-up.
Jadly J is a one-trick pony, but she's damn good at the trick.
For selection-level versatility's sake, I say take Lady J and whichever shooty Master you feel better about.

I came second of six in my first tournament, after about eight or so games before then.
That's why I believe the internet when they say ColletteOP.
I didn't really tend to habitually triple-Prompt things pre-errata, but I can think of at least two specific games when Howard Langston landing three or four hits in one key turn is basically what won it for me. I think four AP (two plus Fast plus Prompt) should be more than enough to get anything you need done - being able to do that too easily unbalances things.
The errata change is definitely a good one.
>>
>>51240301
>Harsh.
Why? OP is a faggot by definition.
>>
>>51240301
It's a nice shift away from "table then score" mentality
>>
TOS related, but Jesus, those ECB Black Ops.
>>
>>51232063
>What do we play
thunders and arcanist
>What's popular
In my area malifaux is starting to grow. With the hype of Warmahordes mk3 starting to die out, malifaux is starting pick up interest. Right now its a mix between me, gremlins/neverborn, guild, and outcast.
>Interactiveness
This was one of the reason I lost interest in Warmahordes. The you-go-I-go activation of malifaux and guild ball is just more enjoyable. On top of that the triggers and control hands make things interesting.
>>
What's changed in gg2017 compared to last year? Haven't had a chance to play it yet.
>>
>>51243912
Convict labor has been replaced with claim jump. Every turn the markers get wiped and you need to replace them
>>
>>51242625
>Guild Ball

As someone who just dropped Warmahordes for Guild Ball this is the same reason I'm finding Malifaux intriguing. Both games have a lot of cool characters that are fun to paint and the games are always engaging. Plus it feels way more casual than Warmahordes. even a game I lose is generally pretty fun
>>
>>51244244
As you need less markers for it I actually find it somewhat easier to score off of, especially if you have extraction or something that keeps everyone away from the flanks.
>>
Am I correct in saying Willie is on a large base?
>>
>>51245578
That's right. He is on a 50mm base.
>>
What are catacomb prowlers?
>>
>>51249164
Old models Wyrd did before they started Malifaux.
>>
Im thinking of picking up dreamer. Whats a good place to start as far as models to buy after his box set? I know hes a summoner and they benefit from having more models, but what would you get as a decent starting point, and where would you go afterwards?
>>
>>51250948
Can't go wrong with a Teddy. Lelu & Lilitu, Insidious Madness, Stitched Together, should be good choices for summons. Everyone likes having a doppleganger.
>>
>>51250948
Tannen can let you summon teddies, so he's a decent buy.
>>
>>51250948
if it's a nightmare then it's good.
Anyone have any experience using a bandersnatch yet, seems like dreamer is the best master to take it with.
>>
>>51251021
>>51251052
>>51251266
I guess the other question I have is what do you hire and what do you summon?
>>
>>51252221
If you can summon it, you don't really need to hire it, Lelu with his upgrade is worth a hire though.
>>
>>51236704
Thanks, I've seen Slop Haulers pop up in many lists, but not so much for Zipp crews, so I was wondering if I maybe missed some anti-synergy

>>51241906
Maybe my group should start playing with GG2017 ... we are all pretty new and so far all my games were with the rulebook strats & schemes. Definitely felt this "table then score" and suffered for it.

My mobility seemed kinda wasted while there were still enemy threats around, that needed to be taken out before my crew took too much damage to score. Also one of the reasons why I felt I desperately needed some healing.
>>
So who here is going to captain con?
>>
>>51256023
Would like to, but I'm thinking of going to Adepticon. Tempted to go solo Lucius too.
>>
Where can I see the recent changes?
>>
>>51232469
What would you recommend to buy for Marcus crew? Because i want to buy it yet i dont think the models in the box are enough for the start.
>>
>>51256803
Marcus has a lot of options. You may want either canine remains or molemen for scheme running. perhaps some waldgeists for cover. I am a big fan of the Dawn Serpent as well, as it can hit pretty hard and leave poison all around the table.
>>
>>51256789
On the website under Resources or on the forum.

>>51256803
Arcanist staples like Acolytes, Hank, Joss, and Performers are always useful. For beasts, you've got canine remains, dawn serpent, Waldgeists, rogue necro, Rougarou
>>
>>51256803
There are a few models in the box that are good. The Cerberus is a good alpha striking model and also good when it pops out of myranda. Myranda is also a very strong piece. Always put imbued energies on her because if you sac her to shapeshift you get to draw a bunch of cards in addition to getting a new beast. The rattler isn't the best model in the game but it can be situationally useful.

The other guys got most of the other beast covered, but the blessed of December is also really good. It's got leap with a mask built in. You still need an 8 but it's easier to get. Also she's got a high mi stat, pretty durable and can eat someone to heal up to full.
>>
Nucius is based as fuck.

Also bump
>>
>>51259922
How many games?
Any good stories?

I haven't managed to get a game in this year, which is weak.
>>
I haven't been paying to much attention to Levi since his nerf. How has he shaken out since then? Is he more into the resonably balanced section or did the nerf push him to far in the other direction?
>>
>>51260588
Around 4, I think. Nothing stands out, it's just that all his actions are more reliable and don't require as many resources. Before I'd have to blow through my hand to get off 2 Issue Commands and a Commanding Presence, now I might need 1 card to do it. Using Commanding Presence on anything is great. Making Grimwell focus before he goes and lobotomizes somebody is great. Lucius can even command himself for a little extra AP economy.
>>
What are you guys working on?
>>
>>51262054
Adding to Lucius's assets.

-Witchling Thralls
-Terracotta Warriors
-Mounted Guards
-Changelings
>>
File: Skittering intensifies.jpg (246KB, 768x876px) Image search: [Google]
Skittering intensifies.jpg
246KB, 768x876px
>>51262054
Working on some neverborn stuff before a tournament mid February.
>>
>>51262054
My Kaeris box.
>>
>>51263188
That's some pretty fine painting anon. Keep up the good work.
>>
>>51262054
Bayou Gremlins.
>>
>>51262054
Shit fuck, thanks for reminding me I have Shenlong to paint.
>>
>>51262054
Ironsides crew box. Played my first game with them tonight; she can certainly dish out the damage when she gets stuck in.
>>
>>51262054
Rats and rat accessories.
>>
>>51264675
I want to play Hamelin but I know assembling and painting all those rats would legitimately drive me insane.
>>
>>51264666
You used the errataed version right?
>>
>>51264826
I... Don't know. I'd assume not.
>>
>>51264882
Okay, no I wasn't. The defensive tome didn't really come up. Is that the only update?
>>
>>51264776
The assembly is actually not that bad at all, but painting them is a chore yeah.

You paint like a half dozen rats, then move on to a rat catcher throwing a bag full of a half dozen rats, and I've still got two kings made out of a half dozen rats.

So many little red eyes...
>>
>>51264969
Ya pretty much. Seems like a decently big deal for her though. You taunt someone in the attack you at negatives and then you get a built in punch back.
>>
>>51265639
I feel like you could get by just dry brushing a lot of them. Base black, dry brush with coal black or something and bam. Add in a few details call it good.
>>
>>51260794
Any Levi players around?
>>
So since Lucius isn't the worst master in the game anymore who gets that dubious honor?
>>
>>51267409
Kaeris or Brewmaster
>>
>>51267409
Mah from what I've heard.
>>
>>51267584
The lenny nerf really hurts her.
>>
File: 2017-01-17-231127_773x574_scrot.png (552KB, 773x574px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-17-231127_773x574_scrot.png
552KB, 773x574px
Out of curiosity, what options does Through The Breach give you for playing as a Neverborn? I want to try playing as a skinwalker of some sort, but I am not sure if mimics or anything beyond turned nephilim are an option.
>>
>>51269678
Not really a neverborn thing, but in the arcanist book you can play as an order of the chimera character. You start out with just shape shifting into animals but I think the later levels you can just alter your physical features.
>>
>>51267577
>mfw i bought Kaeris a week ago
>mfw i ordered a brewmaster yesterday
You gotta be kiddin, pal. YOU FUCKING BETTER BE!
>>
>>51270300
He is. Brewy is filthy when you don't try to force drinking contest and obey/binge your dudes while swilling enemies. Kaeris burns people, drops people, and makes gunsmiths stupid.
>>
>>51270300
Brewmaster is okay if you don't fall into the trap of overbuilding to his gimmick. Obey and Swill are good actions regardless of what the rest of your crew looks like.

Kaeris... doesn't really have a role. I don't know what objectives would make you pick her over any of the other Arcanist masters. She's a jack of all trades in a faction that already has a queen and king of all trades, plus plenty of masters that are better than her in their own specific niches.
>>
Is Brutal Emissary playable with Lady J? The idea of being able to use J's attack for a charge and then let her out to make her own attacks sounds nice.
>>
>>51266762
Yeah, it's a nice update. It was my first game of Malifaux overall, and I was playing against Perdita Ortega; I was far too cautious with Ironsides and my crew were far too spread out. I should've bunched closer together and just pushed up as hard as I could to try and engage a few enemy models. I got Ironsides into Santiago, and used mouse to pull the Nephalym(?) in to get some extra adrenaline going, but that was all I managed really.
>>
>>51271284
>queen and king of all trades
Whos those?
>>51270775
Well i thought so. Hell, STEAMPUNK INCINERATING MAGE ON WINGS cant possibly be bad.
>>
>>51273183
Perdittia can be pretty rough to take on. Especially for your first game. I can't give you too much advice on how to apply Ironside, but against perdittia it's always good to kill Fransisco.
>>
>>51272191
Brutal Emissary is the shit with Lady J. Teleporting her across the field is fucking great and he even helps marshals die less.

Take Abuela/The Judge with Unrelenting Leader, obey the emissary to bury Lady J turn 1, drop scheme marker wherever, activate emissary and unbox Lady J up somebody's ass.
>>
Anyone know a good place to get base inserts from? I know wyrd had there own, but their out of production, or at the very least very slow to restock. It's also hard to find complete sets.
>>
>>51275959
I usually get Micro Arts bases from Ebay. They can be very reasonably priced, often cheaper than the plain and colored bases that Wyrd sells. The only real caveat is that a lot are pretty crazy, and hard to get a figure to stand straight on.
>>
>>51276157
Tell me about it. Arcane bases, Snowstorm & Ice Golem.... Yeah, no. :(
>>
>>51275959
I get mine from Brush4Hire. They have card base inserts. I use the plank and cobblestone ones.
>>
Anyone else find the plastic-coated fate cards a nightmare to hold onto? There's almost no friction between them, and while I like that they can be picked up relatively easily and are resistant to bending, I drop them constantly, and they're a pain to shuffle.
>>
>>51276255
Spend an evening overhand shuffling the deck while watchin a movie or tv. The natural oils from your hand will make the deck more managable.
>>
>>51276535
I will have to try that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>51278039
Can confirm, it works.
>>
Finally posted some non fish-monster production run models for TOS. I can see why they waited til it was almost done to do so.
>>
>>51280335
At least it makes me glad that I put my money into Kingdom Death instead.
>>
>>51280335
Hey man, let's be reasonable - they're only $40 for nine models including multiple duplicates.
I could only feed my family for a week for that.
And they throw on mould lines free of charge, so anyone who wants to pretend they're still a real modeller has something to do.
>>
>>51280335
No bait, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>51283638
The details are soft. They're not bad, but for $5USD per model, they could be better.

And they'll come assembled like that, so you'll have to disassemble your minis in order to clean those mold lines.
>>
>>51283960
Don't forget filling gaps. The many very small gaps, which on the fish dudes will actually matter.

>>51283638
As the other guy said the detail is lame. Just look at the guy's hair. If this was rally cheap stuff like board game figures, Reaper Bones, Mantic boxes, then I could deal. But the troop boxes cost more than GW's for figures that aren't up to snuff.
>>
>>51283960
They said that they will put out unassembled figures later. Hence why I am holding out and not touching the Kickstarter.
>>
>>51285440
>very small
Optimist. Very small is what I get when I assemble models personally, I doubt a random Chinese slave would give much care to that.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 700x500px
>>51230201
Well fuck this general is down the list. I was thinking of getting into a wargame and this seems like the all around best option. I have two (long shot) questions.
1. Do you live in Toronto? If so, do you know if anyone here plays Malifaux?
2. How do you even pronounce Malifaux?

Also

When you go into battle, is it just with one set? Like if you buy Jack Daw you you field just him and his units or can you add units without swapping to another main character?
>>
>>51287509
You choose your faction then start hiring everything, if you want to take Jack Daw you have to play outcasts as thats the only faction Jack Daw is in, then you can hire anything from that faction, anything that can be hired out of faction, for example Jack Daw can hire things with the Tormented characteristic, and/or anything with the mercenary characteristic, mercs are hired at +1 to their cost if they are hired out of faction and you can only have 2 out of faction mercs.
>>
>>51287509
1. No, check a Wyrd Place or the forums
2. Ma (as in apple) li (lee) faux (foe)

You pick your faction, then any master i that faction, then any models in that faction plus mercenaries plus any extra models your master can hire.
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 1605x1056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1605x1056px
>>51287561
Thanks m8

So in that case how much does an army cost to make? Roundabout.

Thread bump also
>>
>>51290299
It depends on the crew. Typically they run at 35SS while the standard game is 50SS. With Jack, you can add single models like Sue, Big Jake, or Lazarus or just grab the Von Schill crew for a good mix of models. Maybe throw Hannah in there.
>>
>>51290299
Different boxes are different sizes, the Ramos box is I think the only box that by itself can reach a full 50ss game and Kirais box is I think 14ss, but they are the extremes, you can build a full size force from a boxset, one or two minion boxes and/or one or two singles, but a lot of the game is figuring out the lists each game, so while you can build a force from a couple of boxes you'll probably wind up collecting a lot.
>>
>>51290299
The cost of an army is variable. As others have pointed out you only need the crew box and a couple of boxes to get your full 50 stones (A crew box is 35 stones, so 2/3rds of the way there) but different masters have different values. Generally you can get a full size crew for right below $100 if you are paying MSRP. If you are a cheap fuck like me who buys everything from GameNerdz and Ebay, then you can easily do $60 or $70.

Look at the Schemes & Stones building on a budget guides, and look at the solo options. It should generally advise you on what to get for each master.
>>
I introduced my group to Henchman Hardcore and they loved it. Now that they're hooked I'm going to run a hardcore tourney on one of our regular meet nights.

Post hardcore lists.

Dr. Grimwell
Francisco w/ Wade In
Guardian
Wastrel
>>
>>51294546
I played against aionious (however you spell the time lord guy) and three convict gunslingers. It was a really rough matchup.
>>
Why is Lilith called The Mother of Monsters?
Wyrd website doesnt answer a shit about it. How are neverborn actually being born?
>>
>>51295488
Because that's what the name Lillith is usually associated with

Honestly the Neverbon aren't that well designed, some of them are just humans, some are monsters, and some can change form
>>
>>51295526
I think Neverborn is just started as an excuse to have a bondage lady with a big sword and is now really just an excuse to sculpt weird monsters and shit.
>>
>>51294735
I have to try that myself sometime. I bought both for Tara earlier. Now to see if the group is interested in HH or even a campaign.
>>
>>51260794
>>51266803
I think hes fine. Although 90% of the time I run him with the 4 horsemen so I dont often run his "standard" lists
>>
>>51295526
I always interpreted it as true Neverborn being natives who existed in Malifaux before humans came, and the descendants of the peoples that lived in the area before it went to shit. Turned humans don't count as much, which is what I got from the Scion of Black Blood's blurb. Guys like Collodi who are animated by the innate magic in Malifaux are Neverborn as they are born from the land, but they aren't one of the native species.

With shapeshifters/mimics they really aren't a definite species. They are just regular Neverborn who with their access to weird magic can change their form. Hence guys like Mr. Graves who is a Nephilim, while Candy for instance is a woe.
>>
File: Bandersnatch done.jpg (196KB, 411x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Bandersnatch done.jpg
196KB, 411x2112px
>>51263188
Skitter, skitter and scratch
I've finished the Bandersnatch
>>
>>51298420
That is pretty slick, especially with the shadow on the bottom. What did you use for the rocks on the base?
>>
>>51298325
What about Zoraida, then? If she's a former human turned neverborn, shouldn't she be a nephilim then?
>>
>>51298442
Chunks of cork I got from my local model railway shop
>>
>>51298473
No, she didn't get a black blood transfusion or any of that. She was changed by magic over time, but didn't get fucked up like the corrupted hounds.
>>
>>51298506
Is she unique in that way? Are there any other humans turned neverborn that aren't nephilim or high on brilliance?
>>
>>51298544
>Is she unique in that way?
Largely. That is part of the reason why she is so powerful.

Guys like Iggy for instance were human, but because of the standard process of gaining superpowers when coming across the breach along with hurt feelings he is a woe. The Dreamer isn't even there really as he is a psychic projection, though he wouldn't really count as a Neverborn as he isn't a nightmare himself.
>>
>>51298420
damn nigga, das nice
>>
>>51298602
I've always been under the impression that Malifaux is just sort of alternate history Earth, or maybe far future Earth, and the neverborn are just what mankind ends up turning into
>>
>>51256803
I really like shikome to tag team with the rattler, the rattler uses slither to roll up and poison something then the shikome walks up, uses it's (0) to give adversary to the target and then charges for (1). Adversary gives the shikome +1 damage, very little survive this.
>>
>>51298284
Ya that's the list I wanted to mess around with. It just looks fun.
>>
>>51301803
Out of curiosity, does that require the emissary? Or can you do that some other way like in 1st edition?
>>
>>51302069
You have to use the emissary now to use the list.
>>
I am the arcanist player. Have only Kaeris right now.
Mei Feng box being a good synergy with her?
Also Rasputina wants only Frozen Heart models, right, so aside from that there is not much i should buy for her?
>>
Need some advice. Looking to get into this game and I'm torn on where to start. Unfortunately all the masters in interested in aren't even in the same faction, but I'm trying to decide between Perdita Ortega, The Dreamer and Ophelia. Perdita and Ophelia look fun because I like the family that fights together dynamic they both have going on. The Dreamer just looks fun for flooding the place with nightmares and being able to summon Chompy
>>
>>51303480
Try to read up on how different factions fight in general. The Guild tends to be pretty straightforward and deals good damage without many fancy tricks in my experience. I play Perdita and don't feel like the Family mechanic is that central. There are nice bonuses, but you're not forced to pick Family-only characters.

Once you get your first crew you'll probably expand that, so make sure you like the overall playstyle.

Does tg play Malifaux on on Vassal?
>>
So quick question are there any models outside of constructs that Hoffman would want on his crew? I think rusty aylce has some nice stuff but I'm not really leaning towards Levi and outcasts for my second faction. So any recommendations would be helpful. Thank you
>>
>>51306197
Hoffman gets good use out of Guild staples like Austringers and Witchling Stalkers. He supports constructs, but you can run flankers or runners that aren't constructs and be fine.
>>
Are Austringers really that good? It seems everyone uses them
>>
>>51306606
Yes. They can ignore LoS with their birdies and smack people who are in cover. Good idea for most if not all guild set ups.
>>
>>51269678
There's a neverborn splat coming eventually (no idea when possibly gencon) but until there aren't really any rules for playing neverborn specifically.
>>
>>51287509
Meeplemart down on Spadina and Dundas, we play every Monday. We usually meet around 6pm.
>>
>>51306717
And I assumed that the horned heads in the TTB character kits meant that you could. I will keep an eye out for it, thanks anon!
>>
>>51306834
ya, I think with the character kit the thinking goes that theres nothing STOPPING you from playing one, just no rules to make it unique are different.
>>
If your playing alp spam dreamer, how many alps should you have and how many should you hire.
>>
>>51306606
Even after getting a pretty substantial nerf one is borderline auto include. Sh7 ignoring cover and LoS, forcing discards, and a nice push + interact fot your dudes.

>>51307105
Ideally you wouldn't play alp spam, but if you do hire few and summon lots, from Dreamer and Coppelius
>>
Do any of you guys actually customize markers to make them look more thematic and visually interesting? And I don't just mean scheme markers. Do you guys model smoke on smoke counters, have trees on germinate counters, or use something that isn't a flat 50mm circle for stash markers? I am going to get around to making some myself even if they are harder to transport, and seeing if I can get the Through The Breach kits in order to make appropriate markers for extraction and the like.
>>
>>51307260
I'm planning on making some custom smoke markers for my Zipp crew. Not really sure yet what to use for the smoke column. Probably going to keep it straight to stay within the confines of the marker (no billowing sideways) for maximum rules accuracy - I'll try to make the skeeter smoke detachable too (magnets most likely), so models can actually be placed "in the smoke" ( since only Zipp's own smoke is impassable)
>>
>>51307171
Im not planning on using it competitively. Its mostly just a for-fun build for dreamer.
>>
>>51307260
A friend of mine has a number of markers built. Mostly scheme markers but he does have a few for other things like McTavish's smoke marker.
>>
>>51307260
I would do customized markers that are impassable in game. Pillars, Stash markers, smoke, etc. For schemes, forests, and the ones you can move on or over I'd have to do whatever so as not to impede gamplay.

>>51307493
Then definitely run Tantrum, Coppelius, Emissary w/ Mysterious Conflux, Aionus, and a bucket of changelings. All the slows.
>>
>>51306476
Thanks man
>>
>>51256023
I'll be there. Gonna Ironman Ironsides.
>>
So anyone playing, running or just finishing up a through the breach game? Interested in asking for characters and stories.
>>
>>51309553
I'd like to, but it's hard to find time I wouldn't rather spend playing Malifaux.
>>
I have a question about how Promises is worded. Does a positive flip to MI duels mean I get the bonus when I am attacking, and attacked?
>>
>>51309975
Your Ml duels are duels where your Ml stat is used. When you attack, yup. When you're attacked, no.
>>
>>51309553
I'd like to run/play one but between school and work it's hard to find the time.
>>
>>51298325
I read that as Candy is a hoe.

Which is appropriate given her fluff when she got aged up that one time.
>>
So how's Parker looking in GG2017?
>>
Is there ever a reason to use more than three illuminated?
>>
>>51273676
Ramos and Colette. Sandeep, too. And Marcus.

She's just never the right choice.
>>
>>51303241
The Ramos box is pure gold. Every thing in it is amazing
>>
>>51314280
There's a bit more scheme marker use, which helps. I think he'll be playable, but lower middle tier. He isn't Kaeris or Mah, but he will definitely have scheme pools he doesn't want to see.
>>
File: r008_1.jpg (75KB, 610x599px) Image search: [Google]
r008_1.jpg
75KB, 610x599px
Is the Brotherhood Of The Rat box the hight of Jew-ery for Malifaux?

I feel like I'm being ripped off. The Rat Catchers are pretty cool models but the Rat Kings are both the same and 8 rats seems like its just padded out to justify the price. Am I ever likely to need 12 rats (including the 4 from Hamelins crew)?

Also
>play skaven in WHFB
>paint 500+ rats
>start Outcasts
>mfw time to collect Hamelin
>>
>>51319423
I would pick Colette and Marcus as the Queen and King respectively. Sandeep might be giving Marcus a run for the title though.

Ramos, Rasputina, and Ironsides aren't as easy to play into literally any objective pool (Ramos's main gimmick is a liability when something like reckoning or hunting party is in the mix), but they're still fairly strong in general and really excel in their certain areas.

Which leaves Mei and Kaeris kind of out in the cold. There's always someone better.
>>
>>51320754
I think you can play Ramos into reckoning if you switch his list to a more elite crew. If he focuses on support and less summoning. With his + flip auras and his combat mechanic upgrade it could work. You can't spam summon but you could do it if you need an extra body for something.
>>
File: 1386406772825.jpg (32KB, 320x305px) Image search: [Google]
1386406772825.jpg
32KB, 320x305px
>tfw you flip a red joker to hit and then immediately get the black joker
>>
>>51322275
>TFW when this happens but your playing raspy.
>TFW I don't have a raspy pacha image.
>>
>>51319868
It's par for most summoning focused masters in the game. You will definitely need all the catchers and kings.
>>
>>51322471
>TFW when this happens but your playing raspy
>TFW you didn't take the Raspy joker upgrade
>>
>>51322275
>>51322471
>>51322884
I've heard much shit talking about December's Pawn being garbage and ridiculous for 2ss and a never-pick on many podcasts.

I've played two games against Rasputina using that upgrade and in both games she flipped a Black Joker at an important time at least once.

Seems expensive but not terrible if you've got the stones spare.
>>
>>51323619
As an addendum, in one of those games it was naturally flipped once and cheated once - doubling the chance of pulling a 'Red Joker' into your hand for the Master is pretty damn good.
>>
>>51323619
The schemes and stones podcast for rapsy makes a very good point for it. If you build raspy as your main source of damage/blasting she can end up flipping quite a few cards from your deck especially when you fishing for jokers. You essentially have a 1/23.5 chance of seeing the joker at the start of the turn (54 - 6 for starting hand - 1 for initiative). If raspy takes three attacks and aims to tie for maximum fishing she will be flipping 4 cards per attack (1 to hit and 3 if you tie). Which gives a you about 50/50~ chance of hitting one of them at some point. This is also assuming you don't hit a trigger to shoot again.

Not sure this is optimal but its an interesting way to think about it.
>>
>>51324061
>Not sure this is optimal but its an interesting way to think about it.
I'm always suspicious of mathifaux, even if it's easier to control for randomness due to no dice.
Despite that, it was an interesting turnaround to be thinking of it as an offensive upgrade rather than a control one.
It's another side of Malifaux design that I think is well built.
>>
>>51324204
the fate deck and the mechanics it presents is definitely one of the most appealing parts of the game.
>>
>>51324826
I've found it really jarring going back to dice based wargames after exclusively playing malifaux for the last year.
More games should use cards not dice.
>>
>>51324871
Dice are fine. I like the way guild ball uses them. If a game has an interesting mechanic beyond roll a tub of dice then I can get behind it. The thing that I fine jarring going back to other games is losing the I-go-you-go activation's.
>>
>>51308821
Sweet. Ill be running nothing but shenlong.
>>
>>51325070
>>51324871
I think dice systems are fine when the system is also built to control for the randomness - so stats or dice pools or focus mechanics mean that you won't lose your beater or titan to a bad three or four dice.
>>
File: Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg (55KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg
55KB, 960x373px
>>51328277
What does Shlong do?
I've played one game against him played by the most disorganised player on the scene, so I know that there is the Chi thing and the Lightning Dance teleport and something about Spirits, but not really how it fits together.
>>
>>51328483
Just realised I was thinking of Yan Lo.

But I don't know what Shenlong does either, besides something with upgrades and kung fu.
>>
>>51324061
But if you don't hit a joker you're probably just doing weak damage three times. I'm not convinced it's much better on average than just shooting regularly for some combination of weak and moderate flips.

And it really is the average case we care about, because when you've got a really important turn you're not going to leave it up to a 50/50 chance if you can help it. You're gonna try to get a cheatable flip so you can guarantee a severe.

Besides that, taking December's Pawn probably means not taking Reservoir or Seize the Day. Rasputina usually wants a limited upgrade and Cold Nights for those sweet pillars, which only leaves one more spot.
>>
Hoarcats for Rasputina and Marcus crews - worth picking or not? Am about to play both masters.
>>
>>51319423
But i love her, so she cant be bad. My first Malifaux box. Ill make her good no matter what.
>>51319451
Got it, thanks.
Just had my Marcus box arrived so i wonder how to expand it.
But i guess in a month or two ill have to buy Ramos because its cool box and because it helps my beloved Kaeris.
Hell, i even want Mei. Railworkers will be replaced with Through the Breach female models tho.
>>51320754
Fuck that man, i like both Kaeris and Mei visually and i bet they can be played very fucking well.
>>
>>51328498
Shenlong's gimmick is conditions. He makes it easier for his crew to gain focused or defensive, and can also give himself points of focused, defensive, burning, or poison (and he ignores the bad parts of those latter two).

Then he's got different kung fu style upgrades, which he can swap between during the game, that let him use his conditions to for extra effects. Wandering River style, for example, lets him push other models around and lower his Focused to give them fast or slow. Low River style lets him gain defensive when he succeeds in duels and trade it in for healing, and high and fermented river give him new abilities when he's burning or poisoned respectively.

He's basically just a really versatile support master.
>>
File: 1437260598922.png (481KB, 479x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437260598922.png
481KB, 479x900px
>>51328483
>>51328498
Was gunna say.That sounds like beardo here.

As far as shenlong goes. Short answer is hes a support master who focuses on stacking conditions. He has an ability which lets him hold onto his stacks of burning, poison, and focus. He can build up defense but it goes away at the begining of his activation.

The long answer is he can really do most anything. I'll break it down by his styles.

Wandering river style: Focuses on well Focus. He gets an ability where he can lower his focus condition to take interact actions. Its not a (0) or (1) action so it can be pretty handy. The biggest ability is his to push models. He can push models (friendly and enemy) up to 5" and lower his level of focus to give fast or slow. It can also pick up scheme markers within 3" of the target and then put them down within 3" of them after the push.

Low river: Focuses on defensive. Every time shenlong succeeds on an opposed duel with an enemy he gains a stack of defensive. He also gets a heal with a cleanse. And a built in trigger to lower defensive to do it to someone else.

High: If you have burning you can suffer up to 3 damage to increase your final duel total by that much. Surprisingly this can be his best defensive ability if you already have a bunch of defensive. He also gets a longer attack with blasting.

Fermented: One of his best offensive upgrades. He gets the moon shinobi ability to swap his + and - flips. He also gets an ability to cause an aoe walk duel that you can increase by lowering poison. Gives enemies - to all duels.

other than that he can give himself conditions or swap styles as a (0). He has an aura which lets people take focus or defensive as a (0). He can steal instances of fast, focus, defensive, and reactivate. Keep in mind reactivate doesn't go away till the end of turn.
>>
>>51328595
Like I said, I don't think its the best but its an interesting idea.

Besides the alternative is to focus and go for blasts. Less attacks but able to spread out the damage. Where as the fishing method might be better to do for single target, or if you have a weak control hand. I think the method has its applications but by the nature of its not as consistent.
>>
So I'm trying to decide what to do with my steam arachnids. My first plan was to get various types of hats for them but finding the bits hasn't been easy. I know wyrd makes a set but thats the only one I've found. The other idea I had was to base them off the Monitors from halo. Which one should I go with?
>>
Bumpan from page 9
>>
>>51302069
You need the Emissary. You need to hire 3 horsemen, then on turn one, and only turn one as a 1 action you can sacrifice it to summon the 4rth horseman. What I normally do is use its (0) to push 4 and drop a scheme, use its (1) to hand out a trinket to another horseman (normally the companion one or the interact while engaged one) then sacrifice it.
>>
How bad of an idea is it to play Gremlins as my first faction? Trying to get into the game and I was planning on picking up the Ophelia and Mah Tucket boxes to get started
>>
>>51334255
It isn't a bad idea really. They aren't especially hard to play, though it depends on which master you choose. You may want to get Somer as well just to round things off.
>>
>>51334284
I was planning on using Ophelia moreso to start learning the game and then try out Mah, but I wanted some stuff from her box to give me more options
>>
>>51331154
I painted mine white with dark metal legs and a red eye, portal turret style.
>>
File: MechanicalRider.jpg (277KB, 1600x1495px) Image search: [Google]
MechanicalRider.jpg
277KB, 1600x1495px
>>51331154
>>51335802
Inspired by that idea, I have a bunch of leftover Warhammer bits that I was planning on using to customise them.
Not sure if I want to go with something like hats, or exra weapons, or tiny kit bags, but one thing I want is to make them look more like they've been formed out of scrap piles - at the moment they look too clean to be summoned mid-conflict.

This is as much because of pic related as Ramos - I already have Joss and Citizen Snips, and Ramos' playstyle doesn't appeal particularly.
>>
>>51334255
Gremlins are crazy good. High risk, high reward with lots of ways to mitigate that risk.
>>
>>51338913
I liked the hat idea but I just can't find the bits to make it work. Everyone sells them with a head attached.
>>
>>51338913
Why does the mech rider look so much worse compared to the other riders? Even her 1st Ed horse looked so much better.
>>
Out of curiosity, what masters do you guys typically main?
>>
>>51341892
In Guild it's McCabe and Perdita. McCabe is crazy flexible and dita just kills shit efficiently. I like the others, but I always feel comfortable with those two.

I'm trying to git gud with Nucius.
>>
>>51341892
Shenlong for TT almost exclusively.

Not sure for arcanist. I kind of jump around.
>>
>>51342996
What are some good starting buys for Levi?
>>
>>51345126
Whoops didn't mean to link that one.
>>
>>51341892
Brewmaster in gremlins but I have started to get used to Wong.
On that note I'm going to my first tournament next week. What are some unfavourable matchups for these masters? ( I was planning on just bringing those two as I I am most comfortable with them).
>>
>>51345126
Ashes & Dust, Johan, Sue, Von Schill's crew

>>51345233
Brewy doesn't like condition removal and shit that can kill him quickly (before he can get them drunk). Arcanists will almost always have condition removal because of Johan or the effigy.

Wong doesn't have many bad matchups.
>>
>>51345813
>Wong has no bad match ups

What about Von Schill?
>>
>>51347020
>Glowy Burt tearing through armored Freikorps
>>
>>51347638
Fair enough
>>
>>51347638
Burtis bullshit even without Glowy.
McTavish is a decent choice too.
>>
File: 1467153075189.jpg (59KB, 448x342px) Image search: [Google]
1467153075189.jpg
59KB, 448x342px
>>51334006
Am I stupid or missing something, how do you hire more than two riders using pariah or iron/bone?

Is the mobile app just totes wrong or how do you accomplish hiring three?
>>
File: 2017-01-22-223359_290x398_scrot.png (188KB, 290x398px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-22-223359_290x398_scrot.png
188KB, 290x398px
>>51351695
With Pariah of Blood which comes with Leveticus's conflux upgrade of course. You can even use Levi's avatar model as a legal proxy for the emissary to make things even more thematic.
>>
>>51351823
To bad it only sticks around for a turn.

I just picked up Levi and a bunch of other outcast from a buddy. Was thinking of building that list. Anyone here try out the list? I've heard other say it's good for last stand in GG17.
>>
How well does Through the Breach play, and how much prep do new players need? I never see anyone play it, and I don't know if that's because it's bad or what.

I'm considering giving it a shot as the card mechanics sound really fun, but I don't want to bring an RPG to the table that will require hours of explanation, super fiddly mechanics, or will force everyone to buy the book to even play a one-shot.

I've heard it's more about the theater of the mind than tactics, which is fine with me. The most successful games at my table tend to be ones like Microscope, Fiasco, or PbtA games where the focus is creating a fun world, rather than nitty-gritty stuff.
>>
>>51352293
I haven't played it myself but from reading the rules it's a bit different than other games. The way the fate deck works in this is different than in malifaux so it might be worth just reading through those and explains the rules to the players even if they've played malifaux. The suits and cheating are the same but the way NPCs use the deck is different. Character creation is also a bit out there with the tarot reading but once you get used to it can be interesting.

What I would suggest is try the intro one shot in one of their online magazine things (can't remember the name) and make some pre-generated characters for them. Play through it and explain the way interactions work. If they like it then the story sets them up to continue straight into malifaux and they can either keep their characters or make new ones.
>>
>>51352293
The mechanics aren't too fiddly. Unlike other wargame derived RPGs like the new Iron Kingdoms and Cadwallon, you shouldn't expect anything too intense. The rules for duels and such are straightforward and you shouldn't need a book for every guy. As you pointed out it is more theater of the mind, though the fatemaster's almanac does have a page on using the actual skirmish game to resolve combat if you feel like it for some reason.
>>
>>51341892
Kirai before she was cool.
>>
>>51352135
I've played against it before. It's pretty interesting. Easily out activated until mech can get numbers up, scary fragile until turn 3, but great potential for damage and control.
>>
>>51356512
Wouldn't the waifs help balance out the activations?
>>
So why do people like return fire on sue? Does he have a crow built in to his defense? My card doesn't show him having one, but then again I've also got a blessed of December card that says it's only cost 6.
>>
>>51357851
Because he can use it when being attacked in close combat.
>>
>>51357751
It helps a bit but you're still looking at 8 activations. At least where I am (Ramos and Somer dominate) that's a little below average. And since the riders can't commit until turn 3 you have a hard time pressuring dudespam.
>>
File: Leviticus Crew.jpg (153KB, 1600x446px) Image search: [Google]
Leviticus Crew.jpg
153KB, 1600x446px
>>51358393
>8 activations.
>that's a little below average.
Jheeeeez.
"Ramos and Somer dominate" is an understatement.
>>
>>51360642
You're telling me. I'm basically forced into Sonnia every game just to stem the tide.
>>
File: Brewmaster.jpg (44KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster.jpg
44KB, 559x399px
>>51360727
At least GG17 helps with that - seems to balance activation control a little with some of the schemes.
>>
>>51341892
Ophelia purely for hips and tits.
And of course Trixiebelle as henchman.
>>
>>51341892
Brewmaster, because I'm awful and trying my damnest to git gud with him.

I win all the time with somer though
>>
>>51341892
Colette first and only.

Well, I actually just picked up Mei, but I have no idea what the fuck I am doing after learning to play with Showgirls instead of Rail Workers.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_195234.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_195234.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Fielded my first large base model, the Brutal Emissary. A nice figure, but a pain to move and measure around.

What would be a good ranged model to include in Lady J's crew if I felt like I needed long range damage? Santiago? With Brutal Emissary, Lady J, Francisco and the Judge I felt like I had a hard time putting pressure on back line supporters in the two games I played.
>>
>>51365383
I don't know that much about guild but maybe consider Nino, he seems pretty good at what he does.
>>
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2017/1/23/monday-preview-through-the-breach-core

neat
>>
>>51365383
I actually like The Lone Marshal. He hasn't got as much range as Nino, and you don't get the Spotter ability, but he's much more mobile so it's not as easy to just hide things out of LoS. With Trick Shooting he gets +ve flips to his attack even if he starts his activation engaged, too, while Nino needs to waste an AP to push away.

Finally, he's Ht 3 so he can just shoot over some pieces of terrain without needing to start the game on a rooftop.
>>
>>51365383
Austringers are solid ranged support and can switch it up to give your dudes pushes and interacts. Recruiters have a solid gun and help your marshals stay upright. Riflemen do good ranged damage but are crazy fragile. Pathfinders can ignore armor and do blasts. Hunters can slow at range.
>>
>>51366220
That doesn't sound bad. I am glad to hear them expanding on a lot of the tyrant war fluff, especially if they make the Dragon's motivations clearer.
>>
Ugh... I really want to get the parker box. Unfortunately the closest date is probably the Easter sale.
>>
Just to be sure, I can use any avatar model instead of the emissary model as long as it's the right faction?
>>
>>51372066
Yes, it says as much in GG 2017. I plan on breaking out my Seamus avatar tomorrow instead of the bird dude.
>>
>>51372205
Awesome, time to finally pull the trigger on the Levi avatar
>>
Finally got to try Nucius with 2 Thralls.

Holy shit.

>Lucius walks twice, giving them free walks
>Issue Command to each one, getting a free attack with focus (combined with elite training for ++ to attack)
>Walk once to trigger a free attack from one
>Fire off Hidden Sniper with Purposeful Strike trigger to drop a scheme marker
>Both Thralls attack again

5 fucking Ml6 3/4/6 attacks during Lucius's activation. I even forgot to activate the Thralls later that turn because they had already done so much.
>>
>>51374448
how did you have all the AP to do that, three walks and two issue commands seems too many unless i'm missing something
>>
>>51374592
First 2 walks was turn 1 positioning, real fun came later.
>>
>>51374692
oh right.
I'm a Neverborn player and I've never tried Lucius before but I'll be giving him a try as soon as I get some guardsmen to go with him.
>>
>>51374727
You shouldn't need guardsmen running him as neverborn. Austringers and Mounted Guard are probably the go to options. Just order some illuminated around and call it good. Lucius is solid now.
>>
I've got a rules question.
When a model tries to disengage from pandora and they fail since pandoras attack targets WP would they suffer 1 damage because of her Misery ability?
>>
>>51377215
Yes, if they are using their Wp in a dual and they fail they take damage, so when she attacks them, when they fail a horror duel etc.
>>
One of my players is convinced that Will o the Wisps allow the model whose action they are using to take the action. It's maddening. No, your 3SS model does not let Teddy flurry.
>>
>>51379055
The first time I read it I thought that. The wording is a bit weird. Its still bonkers good though.
>>
Got myself Marcus crew and Hoarcats.
What else would be nice to have? Thinking of Blessed by December.
Oh yes and my second crew is Rasputina.
>>
>>51381494
Blessed are very good. Their tanky and can heal. On top of that mi7 and leap with the mask built in. Also ya fits in with raspy quite well.

For other beasts, raptors are good for a lot of schemes and strats. Silurids, waldergeist, and Caine remains are also good, but they're out of faction so only Marcus will be able to use them.

For in faction choices, December acolytes are great for anyone. Mech rider is also good but you need to get a construct to summon with her. For now you could get by summoning ice gamin.
>>
How the hell do you beat Pandora in the early game? My opponent for my second game took her starter box with no upgrades vs my Ironsides crew; I took a really bad beating when I overestimated Ironsides' defensive capabilities, and underestimated Pandora's.
>>
>>51382880
she's tough to deal with but not impossible. The best piece of advice I can give you is stay spread out as much as you can. She's slippery and deceptively hard to kill so if you can help it just kill off her crew around her.
>>
>>51383045
I managed to almost wipe him out, but he won on VPs as I completely forgot about Distraction. I fucked up badly with Ironsides; I put her in melee far too early, and on far too little Adrenaline. I also didn't have the hand to back her up. It was a learning experience though; my first game with her she just chained attack after attack after attack on Santiago Ortega.

Staying spread out was what I was specifically not trying to do this game; the majority of my good stuff runs on auras and proximity for +flips and such. My last game, also my first game, I didn't realise that, and really struggled.
>>
I want to use a primordial magic in my crews but I think the model looks awful, can anyone think of some suitable replacements?
>>
>>51383226
The thing about playing against pandora is keeping mindful over her fuck you bubble of fucketry. She does not play thematically well into any strat that makes her enemy spread out. Basically she's a god a Turf War and shitty in Reconnoiter, Reckoning, and meh in Squatter's rights. Play that your advantage. Skirt her aura and pop shots at her to keep her moving around. Condition removal really shits on paralyze dora.
>>
So my local henchmen don't seem to be doing any tournaments or anything. The only TO that I have access to tends to have weak prize support and only in the past few months started pregenning schemes.

It's enough to make me sign up to be a Henchman so I can run tournaments buuut I don't have a car to carry prize support.

>>51362391
Hate to admit it, but I've been eyeballing Ophelia for a while for fun and dem hips. And Trixibelle is definitely on my list and I play outcasts. At the least it'd be nice to have some gremlins for TTB.
>>
>>51382553
K ty.
>>
Oh yeah forgot to ask - is it easy to damage the mini when washing the paintings away?
Because i am buying some of the stuff off-hands and it is often terribly painted and thus screaming for removing the paints.
>>
>>51389144
It depends on what you are using. Acetone will eat the models, but using a standard degreaser and scrubbing it down with a toothbrush should be fine.
>>
>>51232063
I play ten thunders but mostly McCabe. Game is dead here because it was solved pretty quickly, my McCabe with dogs or viks won just about everything and everybody lost interest. Still love the models when wyrd remembers to keep the scaling slightly better than terrible

Good luck though! It's probably the most fun miniature game to play if you are super casual, otherwise I'd go elsewhere
>>
>>51389339
Out of curiosity, what exactly do you run and do with TT McCabe? I am starting with him and doing horrendously.
>>
Any good advice for painting transparent models? How exactly do you get the paint to stick on the transparent bits if you don't prime them?
>>
File: 41qI0Z6WXnL._SY300_.jpg (16KB, 234x300px) Image search: [Google]
41qI0Z6WXnL._SY300_.jpg
16KB, 234x300px
>>51385896
The old Wyrd apparition is a great proxy for all kinds of stuff.

It's a ghost will a ball and chain, which is generic enough to be all sorts of vaguely magical models, and it's 100% Wyrd product that isn't already part of the Malifaux line so no one can give you shit about it.

I've seen them used as Guilty, since the official sculpts are kinda tacky, and as various totems by people with 1E crew boxes.
>>
>>51387333
Just play Rasputina into NB like 100% of the time, 'cause fuck Paralyze. You get to do that to them.
>>
>>51389423
Hounds, big hitter like Izamu, Emissary, some nice minions (illuminated, 10T bros, snipers, jorogumo, etc)

I'm not >>51389339 but I think he's pretty off the mark. McCabe is solid, but far from unbeatable.
>>
>>51389197
Okay ill ask otherwise, lol. Wyrd plastic is as subceptible to all that chemical stuff as GW minis?
>>
>>51393570
I've left some models soaking in detol for literally months with no ill effects.
>>
>>51393570
I just use simple green and that works well enough.
>>
>>51393616
>>51393689
Thanks.
>>
File: Wastrels White.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Wastrels White.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
>>51389339
>Game is dead here because it was solved pretty quickly,

Sounds like folks just weren't that into it in the first place.
There are .so. .many. ways to neuter the McCabe dogpile with access to apporporiate models, so if people are unwilling to drop $20 to keep playing they can't have been that interested.
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.