[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/awg/ Alternative Wargames General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 44

File: pirates-vue-generale.jpg (204KB, 600x1705px) Image search: [Google]
pirates-vue-generale.jpg
204KB, 600x1705px
Storage Space Edition

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk

Last thread
>>51119454

Let's talk scenery.
What do you need for the games you play?
Do you own it or just swing by your FLGS to use theirs?
Do you make it yourself or do you buy it?
Do you think it is as important as the miniatures or a necessary evil?
How do you store it?
>>
I mostly do 15mm sci-fi, so you see a LOT of blue electrical box buildings. No pictures at the moment because my tote is at my nephew's house.

Looking at Rogue Stars in 28mm, I'll be doing a blend, buying some, making others. If I had the patience I'd buy some hirst molds and make sexy, sexy terrain.
>>
>>51229461
there used to be some really good blog tutorials on electrical box buildings, can't find them anymore
>>
>>51229619

It's not hard, Grab electrical boxes from Lowe's, slap greeblies on it, paint it.
>>
>>51229461
You could reasonably play Rogue stars in 15mm. just scale some measurements.
Conversely having used a lot of Hirst arts stuff, it's no fun to lug around.
>>
>>51229973

Sure, and playtesting the rules that's what I did. But I also like demoing games and having flashy big squads just feels right for it.
>>
>>51229955
yeah but this box looks worst than many I've seen
>>
File: 1334186237514.png (227KB, 645x360px) Image search: [Google]
1334186237514.png
227KB, 645x360px
I'm interested on miniature agnostic games
How do they deal with the different types of minis a player can bring to the table?
>>
>>51230067
>How do they deal with the different types of minis a player can bring to the table?
What do you mean?
If you can bring your own minis the games are usually written in a way that keeps that in mind.
That means you can usually use any shape of base sizes you like for example. Or if there are certain necessities for ease of gameplay the game have to tell you that.

I mean you probably shouldn't play games where you mix scales, but gaming with 28-32mm should be cool for example, if you bring 15mm problems to a table that was built for 28mm with an opponent using 54mm that obviously isn't gonna work well for either of you.

I guess you just have to rely on common sense if something comes up. Like you would anyway. Something always comes up.
>>
>>51229619
Do you mean ironhands.com by chance?
The dude is gifted when it comes to building scenery.
Makes you wonder where the hell he keeps all that stuff though when he isn't gaming.
>>
>>51230067
Depends on the game. Some let you stat up your figures yourself using a system. In ASoB&H you just take a model and spend points on the traits and abilities you think it should have. Others have some basic profiles that you can get figures to fit into. IE a elf spearman in Kings of War could very easily use any company's 28mm elf spearman.
>>
>>51230816
>If you can bring your own minis the games are usually written in a way that keeps that in mind.
I know, I was just asking for examples, as in what different games do to fit the minis to their rules and lore.

>>51231701
I imagined something like that
>>
>>51231808
Well for example SoBaH can easily accommodate models of almost any size. It will just treat say 54mm miniatures as giants.
>>
File: 822779_md-.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
822779_md-.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
>>51229461
>I mostly do 15mm sci-fi, so you see a LOT of blue electrical box buildings.
I literally swore, loudly, when I saw a post about 28mm scenery on another forum yesterday.

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86856.120

>guttering and Maelstrom Edge building accessories.

I mean, you don't need the ME bits sprues, plenty of other sources for doors and vents and windows, but how the fuck have I never considered just buying some cheap bits of gutter for my 28mm sf shit.

I spent an hour yesterday googling "habitrail wargaming," I'm all about using random crap to build things, electrical boxes, storage things, anything, and I never ONCE thought "hey, you can get some interesting shapes of gutter." The worst part is, ME's KS already did it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/medge/maelstroms-edge-a-next-gen-sci-fi-miniatures-warga/posts/1241766 And they've got some even more interesting shapes and towers using downpipe attachments. Argh!
>>
>>51233140
I mean just look at this shit. That nice rounded angle into a tower owns.
>>
I use Mantic's Battlezone terrain. It's obviously designed for Deadzone, but usable for Warpath and Firefight. But also for any other sci-fi game so I'll be using it with Rogue Stars too.
I also backed the first battlesystems sci-fi terrain kickstarter, so I've got a fair amount of that too
>>
File: 2017-01-16 09.33.11.jpg (298KB, 959x449px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-16 09.33.11.jpg
298KB, 959x449px
Terrain chat? I am full pleb and buy most of mine but here's something for Heavy Gear.

I am slowly building up a table's worth.
>>
File: 2017-01-16 09.33.46.jpg (220KB, 740x444px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-16 09.33.46.jpg
220KB, 740x444px
>>51235269
And a military outpost of some sort, using a 1:144 APC converted with scifi bits.
>>
What's the best way to carry a shit ton of models, /awg/?
>>
>>51235293
Get a sherpa.
>>
>>51235293
own a car
>>
>>51235293
miniature case
>>
>>51235293
What sort of size models? Are we talking 3mm infantry (magnetic basing, inside a CD or DVD cases), 15mm combined arms, or 28mm cavalry?
>>
>>51235293
Foam. Lots of foam. Prescored pluck foam ideally but you can save cash by cutting some yourself.
>>
>>51235293
well no, this guy is just wrong >>51239600

it's as >>51239494 says, it depends one the size of the models

for 28mm and larger you're better off magnetizing the bases or hulls and transporting them on cookie sheets inside large Tupperware containers.

then again if you only have a half dozen 54mm models then pluck foam is fine

or maybe you have a car and you only have to transport one huge thing and then tons of small things, in which case pluckfoam is great, except for the one huge thing which you sit inside some foam loosely inside a box and since you're driving in your own personal car it doesn't matter

or maybe you have to take it on an airplane in which case it has to be pack in foam and what not

who knows

every transportation job is different and has a different optimization
>>
For small stuff? Raaco boxes own. ASL grogs use them for counter organisation, but you can use a single layer of deeper trays rather than two layers of shallow ones for bigger models. The main benefit is how easy it is to switch them out and fill up a little case with exactly what you want for a thing.

Or just magnetise a box file or three and hold them reasonably carefully.
>>
Wondering if anyone has the Warpath D8 command dice and whether they could list what the facings are on a normal dice as I cannot get any until April and I'd like to use this system but cannot! Cheers
>>
>>51235293
Magnets and metallic tool boxes for 28mm
>>
File: 20170116_203007.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_203007.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>51241983
Pic related, easy to carry 2000 points of KoW with that sort of thing
>>
File: red eye elites.jpg (1MB, 1920x1167px) Image search: [Google]
red eye elites.jpg
1MB, 1920x1167px
The latest version of my 6-10mm sci-fi rules. Formerly Advanced Squad Warfare which I decided was too generic. Now it's called Commander's Dogma which makes sense once you read the rules for assigning 'Dogmas' to your Commander to giver your army a unique style.

Has rules for destroying buildings, air support, troop transports, scenarios, suppression, and lots more to come.

Here is the most recent version in an easy to read PDF with lots of art and some diagrams.

https://www.docdroid.net/qM3To1b/commanders-dogma-v07.pdf.html
>>
>>51230067
A good ratio of common sense to autism.
Dragon Rampant for example basically says fuck it and leaves it all to the players, except for a few restrictions (points and min/max amount of units) on army creation. It leaves the player with a lot of freedom, which some just can't handle and just minmax the fuck out of it.
Another system I want to recommend is Armies of Arcana, which is a rank and file mass battle system, which gives you the possibility to create your own units (just like sobh).
(I don't want to start an argument on strict vs loose rulesets, as I think both can be done well)
>>
What's the most underrated genre for everyone here?
>>
>>51244750
modern I guess. There are cool things you could do with that, but it's mostly just blowing up insurgents in the desert.
>>
>>51244750
Underrated as in it has good games but no one really plays them, or underrated as in there are no games for it but it could make for a good game?
>>
I have a progression

Advance Song of Blades and Heroes for fun, characterful games leads into Dragon Rampant for larger games which eventually leads to WHFB 3rd for the big stuff

But I'm loving the warbands of ASOBAH. So fun to mess around creating warbands and scenarios. Great for campaign play.
>>
What happened to that guy who said he was going to do a This is Not a Test battle report?
>>
>>51245154
Either or.
>>
>>51244750

Wrath of Kings.
>>
>>51244750
Cops Vs Burglars or other criminals.
>>
>>51246135
Infinity does this depending on what is being played. Hoping to see Necromunda bring this back as well.
>>
>>51244750
King of the Hill, Necromunda had the best iteration with their "Big Red Button" scenario.

Or Wolf (one very powerful character that all the other crews have to kill or be killed by). I liked playing this in warhammer skirmish with 1 big monster and lots of scrappy warbands.
>>
>>51246135

Always surprised me that their isn't a Heat board game or miniatures game, seems like it's something that would work really well.

Probably more as a board game but still.
>>
>>51247252
I keep popping up with an idea of a game similar to Wolf, where each player has a big central figure and then a chump force, like a big monster type with support, or a Wuxia style of crazy hero and a pool of mooks. Kind of how Monsterpocalypse did it with the Kaiju and the pool of respawning little guys.
>>
>>51247317
>Wuxia

Criminally underused for miniatures games.
>>
Hey I figure I may have better luck in here then in another thread, but I recently heard about Supersystem 4e, and wanted to see if anyone had heard anything about it, or similar superhero wargames.
>>
>>51247446
Only other current super hero wargames I know of are heroclix, the batman miniature game, and the dc miniature game. Or maybe itwas marvel not dc I can't remember. Might have been both.
>>
>>51247256
Five Core has a supplement that was heavily influenced by Heat and Ronin and other such movies.
Was even written by a guy from /tg/
>>
>>51248585
I swear there's a five core supplement for nearly everything
>>
File: pulp city tritonius-1000x563.jpg (62KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
pulp city tritonius-1000x563.jpg
62KB, 1000x563px
>>51247446
>>51247851
Knight Models have both a batman and a DC game. They had the right for spiderman but that game was cancelled afaik.

Pulp City is another game with superheros.
Don't know anything about the system, but judging by the miniature range you can also use henchmen in that system.
>>
>>51248651

Oh why'd the Spiderman game get cancelled?
>>
>>51248899

Probably because web swinging and wall crawling don't translate to the tabletop very well.
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
>>51247317
I would be interested.

I've always wanted a skirmish game where people could take 1 giant dude or a squad and still have it balance but that'd be a good placeholder.
>>
>>51242301
>Commander's Dogma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XBlBPtQW6g but the dragon is from space
>>
>>51246135
For heists or hostage scenarios you can use black ops or just its stealth mechanic.
>>
>>51244750
All the genres so far have decent rulesets imho, I'd say racing games.
Also we need a GOOD ruleset for zombie survival games.
>>
>>51252595
I really like ATZ, but then I'm one of those weirdos who likes 2 Hour Wargames.

Make sure you download a recent edition - the first edition (like many of their older games) was really poorly explained.
>>
So how is Gruntz 15mm? And more importantly, can it be scaled up in size?
>>
>>51254268
It seems to be a good system, there are a few videos by the guy who wrote it on YouTube. And I believe it can be used with 28mm without to much trouble
>>
>>51235269
>>51235281

Just getting into terrain building myself.

Question: what do you base your terrain with? I've looked into MDF, but I don't think I wanna invest in a scroll saw right away.
>>
>>51254523
For scatter terrain, I've always liked using old CDs as a base. Much cheaper than MDF, but then again, the age of AOL free trial discs has long since passed.
>>
>>51240761
>>Wondering if anyone has the Warpath D8 command dice and whether they could list what the facings are on a normal dice as I cannot get any until April and I'd like to use this system but cannot! Cheers

Any one able to help an anon out, please!!
>>
File: necromunda-logo.gif (33KB, 494x127px) Image search: [Google]
necromunda-logo.gif
33KB, 494x127px
My friends and I are planning on running a Necromunda campaign/league at my FLGS. Do any of you have any tips to running one?
>>
>>51257179
Expect a lot of your unlucky players to drop out after getting beaten by your guys players. It always happens, as winners get lots of advancements and losers get dead models.
I'd not allow Spyres I they're called, they are just inviting your beardiest players to take all the fun out of it for the other guys.
Other than that just have fun, great game but can punish the not as good players
>>
>>51257613
Your guys. Your good players. I swear this phone doesn't even try sometimes!
>>
>>51257613
Thanks what about Arebities gangs?
>>
>>51257801
You mean Arbiters?
>>
>>51257922
I'm sure he does!
Not that much of a problem, other than opening up the old abuse with f#&k the police on the gaming table. Still fun enough for inclusion and fluffy enough to be included
>>
>>51247364
...Are there any wuxia skirmish systems? Google gave me nothing. Skirmishing Shaolin would be baller AF.
>>
>>51258054
Opsrey skirmish games Ronin?
>>
>>51258054
>wuxia skirmish systems?
>>51258456
>Ronin

According to the definition of Wuxia it should be ancient chinese right? Ronin are Japanese. Anyway if that doesn't factor in Bushido is a skirmisher. Even has some fighting monk minis iirc.
There is also another a game called Journey that is loosely based on the legend of the monkey king from what I understand.
Osprey also has a game called Fistful of Kung Fu. It's modern, inspired by Hong Kong action movies, but should be able to deliver the skirmishing shaolin thing too.
>>
File: img5907.jpg (150KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
img5907.jpg
150KB, 563x800px
>>51258747
Fistful actually sounds like it might be the thing; looks like North Star has a small line to back it up, too.
>>
>>51257165
I think the rulebook has the spread. Need to check.
>>
>>51263582
I've looked and it's not easy to see. When they did Deadzone 2 they included the chart, but didn't appear to be in either book
>>
>>51251812
The ideas I ended up throwing around were one were it was dinogods and their worshippers, Primal Rage inspired; and a gang warfare one with big mechs.
>>
File: 2017-01-17 23.14.03.jpg (355KB, 837x538px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-17 23.14.03.jpg
355KB, 837x538px
>>51254523
Terrain anon here.

I use coasters and table mats to mount terrain, you can get them real cheap.

Today I got a bit more for my board done, a town! Resin buildings from Brigade and roads from Total System Scenics.
>>
>>51264195
Not bad looking. What's the mat you using to put the terrain on top? Sets it off well
>>
>>51265142
It's a Deep Cut Studios desert cloth mat.

I've still got a fair bit to do, I have an order from Kerr & King coming with some adobe houses I plan to use as the outskirts of the settlement, and that's only a quarter of the mat. I've got a junkyard and my power station from >>51235269 to go on it, so I figure 14 houses and a couple of bigger terrain features plus some scatter in the form of plants and rock spires will populate a 3x3 board well enough.
>>
>>51252595
>racing games.
Is it even possible to make this fun? I'm talking pure racing games, not drive and shoot things.
>>
>>51265329
I've seen Historicals players do chariot racing.
>>
>>51265329
Why would you do racing games without shooting? Wouldn't you be better off with Scalextrix or a console game of it?
>>
>>51265419
Of course you would. Hence why I'm wondering if anyone tried and managed to make a fun racing system.
>>
>>51254523
I use mdf here. I do cut it with a scroll saw or a table jig.

The only problem I've seen with it is that if you make a piece that's over 10'' across, the board tends to warp, and I hate nothing more than warped bases.
>>
>>51254523
>>51255816
>cheaper than MDF
You can get cutoffs for a buck or so at your local hardware store.
I went there once, bought a piece for 1€ that was over about a square metre, so should last for enough scenery to fill a table with.

>>51266492
>the board tends to warp, and I hate nothing more than warped bases
It's the moisture from the glue. Or it's that the PVA glue shrinks when it dries.
You can try to fix that by gluing a piece of paper on the underside of the base or set the base on a moist piece of kitchen paper and weight down the base while it dries.
That should straighten the bases right out.

When you do the base weighting it down after applying a lot of glue is a good idea to prevent that form happening in the first place.
>>
>>51233168

I'm digging it!

Take a couple interesting containers, mesh them with guttering and you could have some crazy cool fun. Thanks anon.
>>
File: pic1236051.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
pic1236051.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>51265329
Yes. I've heard excellent things about Formula D and Rallyman, and some people make 3D boards to play on.

Mostly you do this by having some strategy in choosing lines and changing gears, so you've got to slow down for curves, or might head in a bit too fast if you're feeling lucky and need to maintain a lead.
>>
>>51257179
Spyrers are super beard zone. Fun if there's maybe one or two Spyrer hunts, and you run some scenarios where the other gangs team up against them, but definitely you should come up with a few things to reward the people playing "regular" gangs.
Or, reserve Spyrers for "late joiners" to the campaign.
The Enforcer gang is actually really good as a GM gang, they start with really cool gear but basically don't advance beyond that. You can send them out to attack the lead players, or round up the more law-abiding types for special missions.
>>
>>51271624
I have plans regarding Necromunda, will buy the rulebook hopefully next month. Also have basically a complete recast Van Saar gang, Arbiters, and three entire original Eschers, plus some plastic Orlocks. They'll probably be all used for This is Not a Test and Necromunda, as I'm curious about both.
>>
File: Drakon-Riders.jpg (205KB, 2048x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Drakon-Riders.jpg
205KB, 2048x1301px
Mantic are previewing new designs to replace their famously terrible Drakon Riders.
>>
Wow. Slow day! I'm almost tempted to ask my Warpath dice question again to keep this alive!
>>
>>51273648
They look a little underfed even in the pictures. In plastic it probably will be even more pronounced. Zvezda had similar designs for their elves they looked anorexic.

Skeletons looked like have more "meat" on their bones than those elves.
>>
>>51276944
Mantic elves have always been on the skinny side. So they've got to follow form with the rest of the range
>>
>>51257179
Build as much terrain as you can.
>>
>>51273648
I like the re-design, but I would probably fat them with green stuff as I hate their armor.

On other stuffs, there is being a lot of discussion about possible changes, from making TC and Phalanx better, to taking away some items (like ensorceled armor).

I honestly thing TC should only be removed when a unit face another with Phalanx, is disordered or land over terrain. If the unit charge from terrain but land out of it or pass through it but land out of it, TC shouldn't be lost. By doing this terrain keep being an important variable but it doesn't punish TC as much.
>>
>>51263972
Wow, you're right. That's really shit.
>>
>>51281655
Yeah it's really annoying!! I'll just have to try a few games without orders, which sucks as I think it really shines with the orders
>>
Hey guys, anyone know when/if DLD are going to bring their 28mm range back? Those were some nice looking tanks.
>>
>>51282449
>DLD
Who?
>>
bumpan
>>
Is it just me or is this thread really dead?
>>
>>51286252

It's... slow for sure.
>>
>>51286353
I blame the fact that there isn't really anything going on, like at all. The only Kickstarters are for games with their own threads.
>>
>>51286501
Could talk about Other Side. Malifaux gen doesn't want it.
>>
>>51286846
After looking at it, I don't really want to talk about it either. None of the models look particularly interesting, and it isn't exactly doing anything new either. I've already got plenty of Victorian games already, I don't need another one.
>>
File: COA Xenophon Walker.jpg (61KB, 580x450px) Image search: [Google]
COA Xenophon Walker.jpg
61KB, 580x450px
>>51286846

Any reason why the malifaux gen doesn't want it?

>>51286942

Eh, I feel pretty much the same in regards to it. The african nation or whatever in it actually has some badass models though. The walkers look really cool.

Also anon who said spartan games was gonna reveal more support for dystopian legions. Why you gotta fuck me man? Why you gotta build up hype for me like that?
>>
>>51287038
>Also anon who said spartan games was gonna reveal more support for dystopian legions. Why you gotta fuck me man? Why you gotta build up hype for me like that?
That was me anon. You think I wasn't hyped either?
Plus there's the whole fact that its been a month and they STILL haven't released the backerkit for the Kickstarter. Which is kinda ridiculous, considering the Kickstarter got funded a month ago.
>>
>>51287038
>Any reason why the malifaux gen doesn't want it?
Not really, discussion is fine. It is just that as people have pointed out, the gameplay is really watered down compared to Malifaux. You are right about the walkers though. Hopefully as more is added it becomes a crazier version of Dystopian Legions.
>>
What are the best non-historical hex and chit games out there sans OGRE?
>>
>>51286252
I'd blame the Rogue Stars gen for leeching the hype. But honestly it's just a rough time atm nothing "new" really out there just all the usually suspects with all their usual baggage.
Also GW is almost ok right now.
>>
>>51286942
I like the models, except for the problems with the actual production run ones. If it wasn't for them obviously holding themselves back, the rules would be great for a quick paced mass battles game.

>>51287038
The game's marketed for a different crowd, so the rules come off as Malifaux-lite, and the production run models are soft-detailed. The KS also went over lukewarm for some, but I personally have no problem with it. They are trying to make a lasting line, not a one-and-done like a lot of KS projects became, and I think a lot of people have been spoiled by that.

There's potential for some interesting stuff, which they showed with later updates, like the Glory flipping shenanigans. I'm just not sure if they're going to reach their target audience with it.
>>
File: pic903877.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
pic903877.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
>>51287419
It's a bit dodgy, but I have a soft spot for Dragon Rage, which is OGRE except with dragons attacking a town. Or giants. Or a hydra or some shit like that - it has a bunch of options. The new edition has a second board for a follow-up raid into orctown by the humans.

One interesting thing is that the basic scenario has a pair of dragons, not just one. It also has a bunch of rules for when they get injured - fuck up one's legs, it can slither around. It can't fly - you need to jump to get height! But it can slither up a tower onto the town walls and fly from up there. It can also flatten units underneath it, except heroes, who go all stabby.
>>
File: pic88248.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
pic88248.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>51287637
Wizard Kings is also a game with issues, but a fun one. It's a block wargame with geomorphic maps you can combine for bigger games. Capture cities, earn money, buy and reinforce units.

Downside: There are like half a dozen factions, and while you get a decent chunk of units in the base game, beyond that the expansions are (ugh) randomised, containing a couple of units for each faction. Still worth a look, and I've always enjoyed playing with allied factions to bulk up the numbers anyway, so factions being a bit weak without expansions hasn't worried me. You can also just print the stickers and buy some blank blocks, I guess.

Also the orange blocks are orcs - green is the elves.
>>
File: pic332076.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
pic332076.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>51287672
I have never played Divine Right, but that is one pretty map.
>>
File: pic1064389.jpg (762KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pic1064389.jpg
762KB, 1600x1200px
>>51287685
Space Empires: 4X does what it says on the tin. It's by GMT, they're good at what they do. It supports up to 4 players.
>>
File: pic1438541.jpg (3MB, 2603x1921px) Image search: [Google]
pic1438541.jpg
3MB, 2603x1921px
>>51287724
Nuklear Winter '68 from LnL Games is pretty good. Germany got nuked, Nazis hid underground for a couple of decades, Allies built a wall. 20 years later they poke in, the nazis poke up, and hey look mutants.
>>
File: Iron Dragon Map 2.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Dragon Map 2.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>51287419
not sure about the Chit part, but Iron Dragon might be worth looking into
>>
>>51287450
>Also GW is almost ok right now.
>aeldarii
>>
Is this the thread for mantic stuff or is that somewhere else?
>>
>>51290492
Nope this is a perfect place for Mantic stuff
>>
Rate my KoW list (I was the guy from ages back with the tiny orcs). Trying for Oldhammer Empire style.

General, Horse, Blade of the Beast Slayer
Wizard, Bane Chant, Heal, Inspiring Talisman
Standard Bearer

Foot Guard Regiment, 2H Weapons
Foot Guard Regiment, 2H Weapons
Spear Regiment
Spear Regiment
Knight Regiment, Wine of Elvenkind

Arquebus Troop
Arquebus Troop
Arquebus Troop

Cannon
Cannon
>>
File: 1466988400018.jpg (748KB, 2840x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1466988400018.jpg
748KB, 2840x1790px
The wargame i'm designing has to differentiate between gun types.

How could I differentiate Pistols, Sub-machine guns, Battle-Rifles and HMGs

in the categories of RoF, damage and accuracy?
>>
File: iaf127_close1_500pix_large.jpg (25KB, 480x467px) Image search: [Google]
iaf127_close1_500pix_large.jpg
25KB, 480x467px
New from theionage.com

15mm space goblin on a bike. Just got email from them and had to share here, the more I see of 15mm the more I want to dive in...... If it wasn't for the stack of Deadzone/Warpath I've got to paint!!
>>
>>51291383
You need some hordes, man. Those Foot Guards will die easily in regiments.

Also, cannons are crap in my experience. Would go for organ gun or something similar.
>>
File: iaf046_1000pix_large.jpg (45KB, 480x406px) Image search: [Google]
iaf046_1000pix_large.jpg
45KB, 480x406px
>>51291573
Also from the same place a ramshackle tank for you to feast your eyes on
>>
File: iaf046_mono2_500pix_large.jpg (31KB, 480x408px) Image search: [Google]
iaf046_mono2_500pix_large.jpg
31KB, 480x408px
>>51291594
Same tank but in its unpainted resin and metal form
>>
>>51291587
Admittedly, I was picking based on aesthetic/Your Dudes rather than ever having played. Cannons looked right, so I picked them.

I'll have a rethink...
>>
>>51291787
I'm a dorf player, so have some experience with them. Most of the time you'll hit on a 6 or worse with them, and that Blast d3+1 or something is not that much seeing how they hit 1-2 times on average in a game.
>>
>>51258054
Maybe a fistfull of kung fu?
>>
>>51292068
See >>51258747
>>
>>51290853
Awesome.

Who's had a chance to get games in yet? I'm hype but still haven't gotten my guys assembled because I'm trash.
>>
>>51292474
Which game?
>>
File: iaf129_750pix_1024x1024.jpg (36KB, 750x221px) Image search: [Google]
iaf129_750pix_1024x1024.jpg
36KB, 750x221px
>>51291573
>>51291594
>>51291600
Dammit, Prang Army platoon pack WHEN
>>
>>51288124
It's like someone have a steady stream of fuck-ups followed by a massive meltdown, start to show signs of recovering their faculties, and then just shit all over the ceiling again.
>>
>>51291554
ok

so, why does it need to differentiate between those weapons? just saying - it almost certainly *does*, but think more about what you want to do before blindly going "range, rof, damage, accuracy" and copying a million other games.

For instance, lots of games abstract pistols as melee weapons. Others have heavy machine guns as template weapons, rather than straight pick-a-target affairs.
>>
>>51291573
I wish they did a bit more of their ion age stuff in 28mm. The bits I've got from the 28mm range are lovely.
>>
>>51287742
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look at these.
>>
>>51292474
Which games? I've got Deadzone and Firefight armies to build. Want to try Firefight so bad, but I want the full game and don't have the order dice! I've got loads of D8's so need the facings!
I've just got the solo cards for Mars Attacks, so I'm gonna give that a bash. Love dreadballs, got loads of that too
>>
>>51292686
Yeah, might have to give them a hassle email
>>
Page 10 defibrillator.... Clear
>>
>>51291573
That looks like it's from that fantasy game set in the 1700s.
>>
RIP /awg/ 20??-2017
>>
>>51297917
it was a good friend.
>>
>>51296054
Flintloque? I think it's the same people making it.
>>
>>51297917
Sic transit gloria /tg/.
>>
>>51297994
It's from the same family of companies. Alternative Armies is their 28mm company. Ion Age it's sci-fi, mostly 15mm. 15mm.co.uk is the catch-all for all the 15mm ranges (strange that!)
>>
>>51298163
It seems odd that they are all on different websites and none of them link to each other.
>>
>>51298463
It's the little niches they've carved out for themselves. They do cross pollinate with shipping deals at different times I'm sure, because I've seen it in the newsletter I get from ionage
>>
>>51298463
They mention each other on the 'about us' pages on the website and if you order something they'll put a little card in the delivery that has everything on it.
>>
File: 20170120_010726.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_010726.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
My last bits of terrain arrived! Some more primitive buildings.
>>
>>51287151

Yeah spartan games is really fucking up by not even discussing the fully funded kickstarter. Yet more disappointment from them.

>>51287618
>>51287402

Well I wish Wyrd the best with it personally anons. It looks like a quality product and like a genuinely good company to back. tabletop gaming wise. Never played malifaux to be honest though but I liked the lore podcast they did for and continue to do for it.

>>51297917

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

The song we ride off into the sunset with brothers.
>>
>>51299479
I think that the fact that one of the armies has thinking with portals as a base rule shows that TOS will have some depth to it.
>>
>>51291787
You could just make the cannons into siege artillery so they ignore cover and hit on 5s.

You'll still have games were fickle dice screw you, but less than cannons.
>>
Any of you gents ever seen and maybe grabbed a pdf of English Neuroshima Tactics?
>>
How is the Starship Troopers game? I'm reading the book and it'd make for a fun game I reckon.
>>
>>51301445
From what I gather it's the game 4th edition 40k was supposed to be if Andy Chambers would have gotten his way.

Only heard good stuff about it. Never played it though.
Downloaded the rules a while ago, never got around to reading them.
>>
>no cold war games other than team yankee

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>51302556
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern#es9i2drap150c
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War#3z4kgeg2mdt75
>>
>>51302556
Mate, you can even use TY-based figs to play Fistful of TOWs. It's *better* with 6mm, but it's still a better game than TY in 15mm.

Have you just... not looked for cold war games? Because there are a fucking ton. Hell, there's even a 1970s game set in a hypothetical british civil war.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of Ronin? Been looking at fist full of kung fu and want to check out a game with more traditional samurai, monks, and ninjas.
>>
>>51303556
It's in /hwg/'s pdf hoard.
It's game with a good heart, but armored samurai steamroll every other faction. If you're up for scenario building, tweaking it's worth the time.
>>
>>51303910
thanks.
>>
>>51303556
If you don't mind fantastical traditional Japan, take a look at Bushido, too.
>>
>>51301445
The OOP one from Mongoose Publishing?
>>
Slow thread, I'd shitpost more about warzone but I've been been too busy wallowing in self pity/despair while trying to find a job to do that. And I'm pretty sure people would just get annoyed to see fresh posts that are just me babbling about my current favourite game.

But what I do have to say that the AvP: Unleashed wargame rules are up for demos/testing the the Crusaders now, going to rope some mates into it next week and play a few small games. It's the same rules system as warzone, same activation's, universal special abilities, army building, etc. Some may think that to be a cop out, but if you've gone to the trouble of making a universal system for wargaming (Wargames Adaptive Ruleset) why wouldn't you use it? I can talk about it, dunno about sharing it though, it is a beta document after all, like the general feeling of the 3 armies.

Predators are a small, elite force with a boatload of cool special abilities available to them, for example Perfect Warrior's is an army wide ability that lets non-vehicle predator models when the activate to gain +1 action point, paired weapons accross the board and hurricane of destruction(close combat weapon range is viable in front AND rear facing), they gain bonus mission points for killing enemy characters and monsters via the Trophy Taker army special rule. Predator squads and characters can buy their own custom weapons load outs to an amount listed in the unit entry, example being youngbloods can only buy one weapon out the melee list and no ranged weapons, an Elder Yautja can take up to 4 weapons from the armoury. There's also a clans option to further augment your Predator army to give it different skills and OOC choice, like the Killer clan can bring along Alien Infant squads of 5-10 models as troops choices, who gain the benefit of the master of the hound ability from the Predator Tracker character. But they can't take hellhound squads as a trade off.

1/3
>>
>>51302556
There are fucking tons of cold war games.
>>
File: DSCF4431.jpg (1007KB, 2596x1676px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4431.jpg
1007KB, 2596x1676px
>>51305052
Feel free to shitpost 'boot Warzone, my man.

On related news, recasting 2nd ed Heavy Infantry seems to be working. Original metal is on the left.
>>
>>51305052
Now I'll blather about the Xenomorph army for a while.

Points cheap, large unit sizes, fast moving and more acid than at a Grateful Dead concert! As far as army wide abilities go there's the ever present Acid Blood where models who wound the alien in close combat will take an autohit at strX where X is the con value of the alien, nasty. Hive Mind makes them tough to scare and almost impossible to pin or break, Lurkers lets aliens size 2 or smaller to deploy in lurking mode, which is similar to Stalk but you only get the one stalk token and you gain grappling hooks(6) making climbing a breeze, Inner Jaw Strike is where a model stunned by a tail spike attack gets dragged into b2b with the alien who hits them with a str 10 attack that forces successful armour/impenetrable armour saves to be re rolled, lastly is the egg pods, they're a trap token that the hive mother and alien queen can buy, models the trigger them get hit with a face hugger attack and if it kills the it spawns an alien infant model in their place.

Aside from the numbers and points-cheapness of the army there's also the mutations available to them that makes them quite a stand out faction. Acid spitting, speed boosts, armour bonuses, deployment options, there's a mutation to suit your playstyle. If you're familiar with Cybertronic of Warzone you'll find the mutations quite similar, different points costs as per unit type, limits of how many you can purchase for the unit in question, etc.

Surprisingly there's actually a fair bit of shooting ability in this army, granted it's almost all within SMG (12-18 inches) or flamer template ranges but what is there is actually pretty mean. The Acid Spray mutation is a cheap acid flamer, most characters have a spit attack that'll wreck armour, the Alien Spitters unit is your "long range" squad, 18" acid spit. Best to make use of the faster average speed of your bugs and the deployment options they have to get close enough to spit and fight.

2/3
>>
>>51305181
Looking good man, I'll be sending you your Light Infantry this week, expect it soonish(hopefully)

Finally the Colonial Marines, Less army specific special rules to talk about, but what you do get is damn good. Well Trained Soldiers confers to all Colonial Marine and Wey-Yu type models the Stay Frosty and Guardsmen special abilities, meaning that they don't lose leadership if their squad commanders get killed, and that they can go on sentry for 1 AP instead of 2. Following that is the Resourceful special rule, granting the USCM army a bonus 2 resources, though if all your troops are killed you also loose these bonus resources.

Marine Divisions gives an extra layer to your army and what it can do, giving out bonus skills to units and options for deployments(usually one squad in the army). In the armoury you have the humble M41A Mk2 Pulse Rifle with a series of attachment options, like an under-barrel grenade launcher, shotgun, or fire bomb launcher, extended magazine, and finally a laser targeting system, only one option can be bough for the squads rifles.

Squad Commanders may have the option to buy a motion tracker which grants eagle eye(+2) to the squad(Eagle Eye: The Model can ignore negative modifiers to shooting to its RS up to an amount of (X)for all of its ROA if it performs the ‘battle focus’ action prior to shooting.) and Target Identifier(5) when trying to discover stalking squads, also sentry turret.

Dutch Scheafer and Linn Kurosawa are the named characters for the USCM for anyone familiar with the Aliens arcade game, Also, Machiko Noguchi is a character choice in a predator army.

Troops range from solid dependable marines to cannon fodder colonists and convicts and then back up to lean, mean wey-yu commandos and marine heavy support squads. Vehicles go from the Power Loader, Wey-Yu exosuit(AVP 2 callback!), M577 APC, and the Cheyenne Generally try and keep things at a distance and let your bullets do the talking.

3/3
>>
>>51301904
Ooh fun. I'm gonna have to track down a pdf and the army lists. Thanks!
>>
File: 1427710319164.jpg (110KB, 379x596px) Image search: [Google]
1427710319164.jpg
110KB, 379x596px
So... anyone got the new Warpath Firefight pdf?
>>
>>51305838
I uploaded them in the previous thread, just check back.
>>
>>51305664
I've got some of the Xenomorph models on top of the base game, only got the boxed preads and marines with an walker, so I might give this a bash with some of my shed loads of Warzone armies. Cybertronic or Imperial or Bauhaus or Capitol or Dark Legion vs the Aliens would be cool. Capitol re-enforcing the tiny Marine force I have would work well. Big Bob Watts laying down a curtain of lead into a Hive Queen would be cinematic as hell
>>
>>51305840
I did what I said I would. I've brought some stuff off of Mantic-- Warpath/Deadzone and Mars Attacks.
Now I'm building and beginning to come up with paint schemes
>>
File: re2pect.gif (952KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
re2pect.gif
952KB, 500x273px
>>51305840
Much obliged, thank you anon.
>>
A while ago one of you guys posted converted Soldiers with Project Z weapons.

Since Warlord is doing a special right now where you buy 2 Project Z boxes of your choice and get a 3rd one for free.. which ones would give me the best value just for conversions? I was thinking about 1x Spec Ops and then 1 of each, male and female survivors? Or is one of the boxes a huge miss compared to the others?
>>
>>51305883
Hell yeah, man, hell yeah!

Now while the game thus far is a beta document, I think it's more the armies that are being worked on rather than the game itself, it's the same as warzone. I dunno if or how much trouble I'd get into, but I'm going to lay down the beta folder for you guys, here's my dropbox, have fun.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/AVPU%20Crusader%20Beta
>>
>>51306049
Nice idea but it wants you to sign up to gain access to the folder :/
>>
>>51306187
Yeah, please excuse my retardation, here's the proper link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7lwklfkx9o749lj/AADFL7nz65iplmyq7dshy_woa?dl=0
>>
>>51306203
You are of course excused and thank you very much.
I'm sure they'll be none the wiser
>>
File: cheeky.png (31KB, 284x135px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky.png
31KB, 284x135px
Oh Mantic, you cheeky buggers.
>>
>>51306375
Yeah that made me smile and glow inside. But, trust Ronnie to let that happen as he's ex-GW it must be hard to resist
>>
File: 1441984321837.jpg (211KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441984321837.jpg
211KB, 720x960px
Has anybody played A Fantastic Saga? Any thoughts?

And does anybody know of a good source of 28mm Centaurs with spears for my Archaens?
>>
>>51306203
>>51306333
I should mention, Beta is Beta, and those army lists may seem a bit fucking bonkers in some regards, especially the Yautja faction, god damn.
>>
>>51306777
Cheers. I've downloaded and I'll try and have a good read through. But I'll remember that it's a beta incase I'm drinking coffee and nearly spit it out in shock
>>
>>51306375
Heh. I wish I could ever buy a full gang of theirs. What game is quote from? Sad the Judge Dredd game went under for good.>>51306637
>>
>>51247317

Try looking at Five Core, the character/goon system works like this.

Plus the SciFi campaign system for it (Five Parsecs From Home) is wicked cool
>>
File: cOaEJgM.jpg (26KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
cOaEJgM.jpg
26KB, 539x960px
>tfw i can't enjoy any other wargame other than historicals

Why are most non historical games so gimmicky?
>>
>>51307469
Define 'gimmick'.
>>
>>51307485
Not him but a lot of non-historicals are trying to be card games, and really don't have a good narrative component. I won't claim that stuff like Flames are realistic, they at least have their priorities straight. It depends on what you are looking for in wargames of course.
>>
Does anyone have experience with Arena Rex? The minis look cool but I don't know if it's fun or not.

sorry if this is the wrong thread. But miniature dudes fightan sounds war gamingy to me
>>
>>51307633
>Not him but a lot of non-historicals are trying to be card games

How exactly?
>>
>>51307903
Make the optimal army (deck) and win, I assume.
>>
>>51306640
>28mm Centaurs with spears
CRM (Wargames Foundry, basically) do some nice ones. They tend to have a christmas sale that you've missed, though - buy 6 £12 packs get 2 free, buy 16 get 6 free.

http://www.castingroomminiatures.com/collections/greek-mythology?page=2

Not cheap, but good stuff.
>>
>>51308063
I'd say it's due to the fact that non-historicals have a huge amount of variety in comparison to historical wargames. After all, the only time periods with a wide variety of different units is WW2 to modern day.
>>
>>51308462
>After all, the only time periods with a wide variety of different units is WW2 to modern day.
Shit nigger, ever looked at ancients and medievals?
>>
>>51308503
I'm talking about major variances, as in each unit plays widely different from the next. With ancient/medieval, most of the differences are cosmetic.
>>
>>51308566
You succesfully proved that you're talking out of your ass. Take a look at something like the Macedonian army under Alexander. Or Roman armies with their Auxiliaries. Or medieval French armies. Shit man, WW2 had a lot less - standard infantry (with rifles), paratroopers (with rifles), assorted special forces (like rangers, commandos, etc. with rifles), partisans (with rifles), and they basically all served the same purpose...
>>
>>51308566
guys with guns and tanks with bigger guns

light slingers, post-roman british cavalry with javelins, cataphracts, hoplites, french hyw knights

yeah, I'm oversimplifying, but so are you. even just roman armies have a ton of differences
>>
>>51307469
Because gimmicks are fun.
>>
>>51307214
That's from the Enforcers rules for Warpath and Firefight. It's a play on words that the Space Marines in 40k And They Shall Know No Fear. So no real gang there.
Also, Judge Dredd is not gone for good Warlord Games have got hold of the licence after it lapsed with Mongoose. They have said they will be doing multiple 2000AD lines
>>
>>51308566
Really? That's why say Bolt Action is very popular because each armies only difference is it's country rule. You pay basically for a troops different levels of experience, all guns are the essential bracket together, and you play with the fun dice bag technique.
>>
>>51308566
Maybe you want to check Warhammer or other fantasy games. Regular humans aren't "widely" different from each other usually. No matter if armed with spears or swords.
>>
>>51308425
Thanks for that.

And has anybody actually played the fantasy version of SAGA?
>>
Looking for Forgotten Pacts for Frostgrave.
>>
I'm beginning to see why Spartan Games is seen as being incompetent.
>>
File: 2017-01-20 23.18.37.jpg (328KB, 835x538px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-20 23.18.37.jpg
328KB, 835x538px
Terrain anon here

Work continues on my table (and cute crabbots)
>>
>>51313133
The walls seem to be nice, and could take a gentle white drybrush, but other than that - nice job, anon!
>>
>>51313160
The photo is under a yellowish light, I've drybrushed them with a lighter tone. I will have a fresh look in the morning and possibly give another coat.
>>
Anyone here play A Song of Blades and Heros. Started playing Rogue Stars and now I'm interested in his other games. I downloaded the pdfs but still not sure if I want to go advanced or regular. Anyone with experience perfer one or the other?
>>
>Battle reports never
>>
>>51317275

Been wanting to post mine, but I never seem to find the time to fire up the ol' Battle Chronicler ...
>>
>>51317275
We're just collecting rules and minis here, anon.
>>
>>51317275
I'm guessing it takes a lot to put a battle report up. Time and multiple posts due to limits and then how to not just have a wall of text?
>>
>>51317275

It's six weeks old, but here's one I made.

https://youtu.be/lnz040xQDxE
>>
Hello, /awg/.
I've read something on this board about a naval althistory wargame that got cancelled due to an incredible chain of misfortunes (shipments being lost at sea, lead artist dying etc.) but can't remember its name.
Any help?
>>
>>51320753
Leviathans maybe?
>>
>>51320805
That's it, thanks!
>>
>>51317275
I haven't had a chance to wargame of any sort for ages, but soon I hope.
>>
File: starsaga9.jpg (44KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
starsaga9.jpg
44KB, 639x639px
So Mantic released some new pictures of models for their upcoming sci-fi dungeon crawler, Star Saga.

Their painting ability has improved, if nothing else.
>>
File: starsaga10.jpg (47KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
starsaga10.jpg
47KB, 639x426px
>>51321273
>>
File: starsaga11.jpg (32KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
starsaga11.jpg
32KB, 639x475px
>>51321287
>>
>>51321307
What a cute little drone.
>>
>>51315810
I've played ASoBH a couple of times, its fun. Pretty sure the only difference between advanced and regular version is the reaction mechanic in advanced. On Ganesha Games website you can find a warband builder thats pretty neat.
>>
>>51265329

Everytime I play Formula D i have eurobeat playing in my head.
>>
>>51321273
>>51321287
>>51321307
Those actually look decent. Let's hope the game is just as good.
>>
>>51321955
If not, they'll make great mercs or something for more generic games.
>>
>>51321955
Dungeon Saga seems pretty well-received so there's an encouraging precedent.
>>
>>51321607
It just needs a bright smiley face.
>>
File: Nice Everything You've Got Here.jpg (97KB, 934x901px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Everything You've Got Here.jpg
97KB, 934x901px
>>51321972
I agree.
>>
>>51321964

I'm hoping they get rules in Deadzone.
>>
>>51321618
There's also an expansion of the magic rules to have a ton of spells and stuff.
>>
File: desiretoknowmore.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
desiretoknowmore.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>51325100
>>
>>51315810
It's fun, you can even teach it to your kids if you have them. Basic with a couple of sups is pretty good and you can make all kind of games, from dungeon crawlers to not-mordheim games..
>>
>>51321273
>Mantic is actually improving they minis.
Wew. Now improve the fluff and it will be a decent company.
>>
>>51325265
Have you read the fluff?
>>
File: magic spells.png (570KB, 509x747px) Image search: [Google]
magic spells.png
570KB, 509x747px
>>51325176
Normal song and blade is like a couple spells (or just transfix?) or whatever it is exactly.
Here you declare you are spellcasting (a specific spell), roll dice to activate your unit as normal, and you have an amount of Power points equal to successes. You don't have to use em all - if you rolled 3 successes you could use one to move, and then cast the spell at 2. You could even just not cast at all and move. Three failures means you backfire; this is why you must declare which spell you are casting before you roll to Activate.

Being a Spellcaster costs 0pts but makes you a Personality. Spells have individual costs and are treated as Traits. Most characters seem to have about 3 spells available to them, but the cap is 8-Quality Rating.

Pic attached is some of the spells. There's like 6 pages of these. Spells have tags that define some things like area, limitations, etc.

I haven't played it so I have no idea how balanced any of it is.
>>
>>51325265
Yeah the Warpath fluff has really improved a lot, in a not trying to not be 40k sort of way. It is it's own universe!
>>
Does anyone have the Slaughterloo rulebook?
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
File: starsaga12.png (724KB, 639x952px) Image search: [Google]
starsaga12.png
724KB, 639x952px
>>51324932
I don't know about the player characters, but one of the enemy factions, the Nameless, is going to become their own faction in Deadzone.
>>
>>51329375
They've been saying that since Dreadball first came out.
>>
Quick, everyone name a game they wish more people played.
>>
>>51334138
Dark Age.
>>
>>51321273
That guy looks like straight out of Kotor
>>
>>51229461
What's the best 15mm sci fi ruleset? I'm looking to get into it.
>>
>>51334817
Not him. But I highly rate Gruntz as it's a fairly generic set of rules as it contains models from a lot of different ranges in the book. There's a couple of long tutorial videos on YouTube
>>
What do you guys think about Momminiaturas? They are making a discount today for orcs but I never bought from them.
>>
>>51335754
Have their human command. They are really awesome.
>>
>>51335775
the quality is alright?
>>
Anyone has any insight/info on Wild West Exodus?
>>
File: DSCF5236.jpg (923KB, 2215x2006px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5236.jpg
923KB, 2215x2006px
>>51335877
Yep, and they paint up nicely.
>>
File: IMG_6471.jpg (245KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6471.jpg
245KB, 1000x750px
>>51334817
Imperial Commander is damn good, Fubar is as well for small and easy pickup games. Striker, and Stargrunt also spring to mind.
>>
>>51335895
>Yep, and they paint up nicely.

>the only thing in focus is unpainted

I guess we'll take your word for it.
>>
>>51336515
Eh, sorry for the shitty pic. I'll dig him up and take a new one, forgot the pic looks this crap.
>>
>>51335895
Nice, good paintjob in this mini too.
>>
>>51334817
Patrol Angis from the Ion Age guys has some interesting stuff going on.

Fairly robust solo mode too.
>>
>>51270735
When I was growing up the dad of some of the kids I grew up with (who was also friends with my dad) put together a NASCAR racing game using MicroMachines. This was like early to mid nineties. He put together a track on a small piece of plywood and they would play it about once a month.

The guy was super into NASCAR so it was less about playing board games and more about being a fan of NASCAR. The board was also like a centerpiece for the table in their den.
>>
>>51291554
Also speed of handling. A pistol and SMG are lighter and you should be able to get on target faster.

Recoil will be down to cartridge and weight of the firearm (and a little based on the type of action).

You can also have speed of reload be a concern. Without speed loaders you're going to take longer to reload a revolver than a semi auto pistol. A belt fed LMG/GPMG/HMG is going to take a little longer to reload than a magazine fed weapon.

You could also have some type of training as a skill for each type of weapon system. I know fellow gun owners who can operate an AR15 just fine, but wouldn't know how to load and fire a 240.

So I think the first level should be

TRAINING/SKILL

then

RECOIL (weight and cartridge, +p or +p+ or magnum loads increase recoil)

RATE OF FIRE

As far as damage, I would probably make that dependent on cartridge.

So let's say you organize your weapons by the type of cartridge they fire:

Pistol Caliber
Intermediate
Full Power
Big Bore

(Just examples)

And then throw different types of firearms into those categories and differentiate by range, rate of fire, and weight.

You can make weight and over pressured cartridges modify recoil.
>>
>>51325265
>>51325300
Well, guess you haven't. Thus speaking out of your ass. Read the fluff, they even released a novel. It's not grimdark, but a bit more normal scifi, which is something I really like. My only problem with it lies in the Corporation equipment. Grenade launchers and flamethrowers as squad support weapons? Seriously?
>>
I'm looking for some generic movement rulers in varying sizes; ideally the sort with concave ends to fit bases into to get movement exact. Anyone know where you can get stuff like this? I've seen some for various games, but none in sets of smaller sizes, say 2, 3 and 4 inches.
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.