[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 151

File: Magic Primer (+0).png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+0).png
2MB, 1400x1800px
Monocolored/Multicolored matters edition!

To make cards online, register for free here:
https://mtg.design/
or download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>51147428
>>
File: Sigils.jpg (103KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sigils.jpg
103KB, 750x523px
Something tells me the Guilds one is better than the Gateless one.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 10, 3, 1, 3, 5 = 22 (5d10)

Guess I might as well use this.
>>
File: 10 3 1 3 5.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
10 3 1 3 5.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Rolled 9, 1, 7, 4, 8 = 29 (5d10)

>>51221069
Multicolor (BG), sorcery, card advantage, CMC 2, uncommon
>>
File: 9 1 7 4 8.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
9 1 7 4 8.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51221537
Multicolor (UR), instant, tax/control, CMC 3, rare
>>
File: Immolate Souls.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Immolate Souls.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51222848
Eh, I feel like it should just have you mill yourself for a static number, then it deals 2 damage for each creature card milled that way. As it is now, I feel like it won't even do anything half the time.
>>
>>51220602
The gateless one is better since it's at least 2WW: Exile target monocolored permanent.
>>
File: Tefe Holland Sprout12.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tefe Holland Sprout12.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Not sure about this. Really had no idea what to do with the last versions, but I really like the idea of turning creatures into lands and lands into creatures. Which really ties into her lore, since she's a being that is part plant-life and part animal-life.

>>51223815
Really? Hmm. Should I tone it down a bit then?
>>
File: bleach.jpg (129KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
bleach.jpg
129KB, 400x560px
>>
File: Lieutenants.jpg (807KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Lieutenants.jpg
807KB, 1875x1046px
I promised these last night. Sorry, guy who posted and got ignored right before the thread died, that was meant as more of a teaser and I forgot to post these until just now.

For posterity:
WU is based around artifacts
UB is Gonti meets Bane Alley Broker meets Pyxis of Pandemonium
BR is an aggressive demon that won't stay dead
RG is fight club on an elf body
GW is the equivalent of tending to bonsai trees in order to perform arcane rituals
WB is a vaguely Theros-themed sack-for-value engine
UR is a goblin with experience handling dangerous chemicals and magical reagents
BG is an artifact-hating plant zombie with +1/+1 counter interactions
RW is an aggressive body that makes more aggressive bodies
UG is a Frog Boar, and also a biomancer's best friend
>>
>>51213575

You should have this make you discard three cards when it hits the yard.
>>
File: Birb.jpg (152KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
Birb.jpg
152KB, 400x560px
>>
File: Rachel Roth Raven2.1.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Roth Raven2.1.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
Haven't really done Raven much before. She's magic, so her skillset is of course incredibly vague. So she gets a repeatable Recoil, essentially. Thoughts, opinions?

>>51224462
I will give you feedback for all the, but it will be quite a while until I'm able to, sorry. From what I can see right now, some of them are definitely better than others. For example, an ETB trigger for Lieutenant seems ridiculous to me, since it'll pretty much only work if you cast the card after you've already cast your Commander, and I really don't want to hold onto something like Animated Fungus just so I can destroy one more artifact.
>>
File: Unravel.png (239KB, 375x523px)
Unravel.png
239KB, 375x523px
>>51224245
You have to dream a little bigger darling.
>>
>>51224623
No idea if it's balanced, but it sure looks cool.
>>
>>51224592

Oh fuck, she's disgustingly good. So I play her in Grixis and just make you discard a card for every one mana spell I play? And she can't be targeted? So for the rest of the game you don't get to play, period?

The flavor is fantastic and the synergy is great, but... Maybe an 8 drop?

>>51224623

Holy shit you made my dick hard.

Also, I finished basic revisions on my set and aside from finding art, I think it's all but ready to playtest. Here's the link if you would kindly put it in the pastebin, Co-Anon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9rp19ruhismaz8/Ilval%2C%20City%20of%20Turmoil.mse-set?dl=0
>>
File: Ultimate Knowledge.jpg (147KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Knowledge.jpg
147KB, 400x560px
>>51224623
big
>>
>>51224726
Otherwise known as the packup and go home.
>>
File: Lingering Song.png (321KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lingering Song.png
321KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Deadshot. He's very good with guns. Basically his only power. So, I wanted to do something with pinging, specifically, very cheap pinging, since I think that gets across his flavor of putting lots of bullets in people. Of course, I don't want it to be broken, so this version uses aim counters. Since he's a mercenary in the lore, I was thinking of doing some political stuff with him, but I think first I want to make sure the base concept is good.

>>51224709
>Raven
Not quite how she's supposed to work, though I only noticed the problem after I posted it (of course). Discard is really only supposed to trigger if something gets bounced, so I'll have to change that. Actually, now I'm wondering if it should have a nontoken restriction as well. As for Hexproof, I threw that in because I didn't think the card was good enough because I'm shit at balance. Probably just going to remove that entirely. Thanks a bunch for your feedback.

>>51224709
>pastebin
OK, got it, should be there in a few minutes. Also, who are you? I don't remember

Oh wait, you're the guy whose entire set I gave feedback to in the last thread, right?

>>51225118
Nice art. Not entirely sure of the effect though.
>>
File: Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Cassie, Wonder Girl. Honestly, I don't really think she has enough unique flavor to make an ability that just fits her, so I just repeated the Amazon tribal effect with enchantments, and made it a Fight trigger. Sorry if it comes off as kinda bland.

>>51224709
Done. The Dropbox link is in the Pastebin. I put it into the in-development section, just tell me when you think it's done enough to move it to completed.

Well, I'm off to work. Might be able to comment a bit, but it's going to be a few hours until I get back to my comp.
>>
>>51225232
This basically lets you kill any one creature you want each turn.
>>
>>51225232
>>>51224709 (You)
>>pastebin
>OK, got it, should be there in a few minutes. Also, who are you? I don't remember
>Oh wait, you're the guy whose entire set I gave feedback to in the last thread, right?

Yes, I am. Thanks again for the feedback, CO-anon senpai. You the real MVP.
>>
>>51224592
Animated Fungus is more or less intended to be a +1/+1 matters conditional card- BG, or at least Green, has been caring a lot about who has counters and who doesn't. As garbage as it is to say "good in the right decks", it's designed to be a low-cost card valuable at any point in the game.

Casting it early can counteract other early artifacts or create deterrence, and casting it after your commander gives you more utility.

Honestly looking at it, it should probably be two +1/+1s on entry and an extra one each upkeep/end as long as the commander is out, though.
>>
>>51225364
Uh, yeah. But I think it's at least a little different from
>T: Destroy target creature.

>>51225416
Aw, thanks. I just try to help any way I can. And I will look through the updated set later, but is there anything in particular you want feedback on?

>>51225464
Maybe change the Lieutenant ability to a conditional Corpsejack Menace?
>>
>>51224462
Fire impression is that there's way too much text.

>WU
"converted mana cost 4 or greater"
Interesting, but there's nothing white about it.

>UB
Just save lines and exile them face up.
MTG doesn't use the singular "their".

>BR
Way too strong/cheap on the creature part. It may be interesting instead if the Lieutenant ability was a way to avoid a downside, rather than an additional bonus.

>RG
Tame. Functional.

>GW
You are trying to jam too much on one card.
"At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control your command"
"The next spell you cast this turn has convoke"

>WB
"Whenever you sacrifice a creature, if you control your commander..."
Flicker and indestructible have some degree of redundancy and just seeks to add more text to the card.

>UR
"instant and sorcery spells you cast cost"
It does some interesting things in a very convoluted way. It might as well be an enchantment because it's creature status is negligible.

>BG
Combine the first two abilities.
If you don't have lieutenant, it's very anemic. And if you do, it's nothing special. Also, nothing black about it.

>RW
"when etb, if commander, effect"
Good without Lieutenant. Extremely efficient with. But in the grand scheme. not that great given the format.

>GU
The Lieutenant ability double depends on having your commander out. This would be a decent regular card, but it's a poor implementation of lieutenant.
>>
File: Uneasy Insight.png (209KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Uneasy Insight.png
209KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Diminutive Reflection.png (213KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Diminutive Reflection.png
213KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51226245
Love the art and flavor. Actually, I think it's more useful for Red to have.

>>51226535
Nice, but needs P/T, even if it's 0/0.
>>
>>51225727
>Aw, thanks. I just try to help any way I can. And I will look through the updated set later, but is there anything in particular you want feedback on?

Not at this moment, thank you. I'd like to mention that you may not agree with some of the decision I made towards cards you already gave criticism on, but I got feedback from several other people and worked with the aggregate of it for improvements on certain cards.
>>
Hey, all. Another quick stop-in before it's back to grading papers for me. Dropping off the first complete draft of my multicolored commons. I'm sorry to come and go like this; as soon as I have a bit more time on my hands, I'll contribute to the threads in a more complete manner. Thanks for your time, your understanding, and your feedback. I appreciate them all.
>>
File: Destructive Growth.png (312KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Destructive Growth.png
312KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51229306
"...where X is the amount of damage dealt." would be my guess at the last clause.
>>
File: Gaius Colossus.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gaius Colossus.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Leozoa.png (196KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Leozoa.png
196KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Deceive Death.png (220KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deceive Death.png
220KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Colossal Strider.png (299KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Colossal Strider.png
299KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Thermal Lance.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thermal Lance.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51228368
Yeah, that's cool. I don't think anyone should take just one anon's word as gospel. I always encourage listening to multiple people and seeing what they say in common.

>>51229301
You know, I bet at least a few of the students play Magic. Ever thought of handing out extra credit? Joking aside, let's get to the cards.

>CM01
Seems OK I think. Have to ask though, why +2/+2 to a single creature instead of +1/+1 for all creatures? Just asking because I tend to see the latter in White more.

>CM02
Kinda sucks that Menace hasn't been used enough to get a lot of precedence for how it's costed when combined with other effects. I think this is fine though.

>CM03
Ah, you changed the trigger. But I thought you liked it more the way it was previously? Not saying you should change it back, just that I didn't think you would change it.

>CM04
Hmm, didn't think of this before, but maybe move bounce to additional cost like Deprive? Sorry, don't have anything else to say about it.

>CM05
Seems good.

>CM06
Still not seeing the GU in this.

>CM07
Can't even remember previous versions of this, so it's hard to say if this is the worst version of this I've seen or not. Why enchant player anyway? Hmm, maybe change to untapping a land or something?

>CM08
Seems fine.

>CM09
Seems fine.

>CM10
Sorry if I didn't notice this before, but it should be "When" not "Whenever" since realistically, the ability will only resolve once before leaving the battlefield.

>CM11
Seems fine.

>CM12
Kinda hard to say this is fine after the other anon brought up Opt.

>CM13
Still curious how this performs in action.

>CM14
I like it.

>CM15
And still not liking this.

>CM16
Cool.

>CM17
Ugh, 7 mana and 3 life for a Fight? One it's probably going to die to, considering its low toughness. I really wish I had a suggestion for what to do with this thing.

>CM18
Nice.

>CM19
Altered Drown in Filth? OK.

>CM20
Seems OK.
>>
>>51230806
Jesus that math is insane.

>1 Thermal Lance = +2/+0
>2 Thermal Lances = +8/+0
>3 Thermal Lances = +18/+0
>4 Thermal Lances = +32/+0
Though considering you need multiple Lances, I'm actually not certain how well it would do in actual gameplay.
>>
File: Cruel Tribulation.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cruel Tribulation.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51230785
>can't block creatures with flying
Something makes me wonder if this is unusual for creatures without reach?
>>
>>51230938
>Something makes me wonder if this is unusual for creatures without reach?
I admit I totally derped there and was too focused on flavor.

Cruel Tribulation should probably target. Being able to hit lands actually makes it a lot worse.
>>
>>51230938
I like the idea, but this thing would be incredibly impractical unless you get a computer to do the actual choosing for you. There really needs to be a way to narrow down the sheer number of things it can hit. Also, types are typically listen in alphabetical order. See Decimate.
>>
>>51231011
>>51230987
Go mono-red and just hit lands, perhaps? Not sure, will think on it.
>>
>>51231134
I suggest looking at stuff like Wild Swing and Capricious Efreet.
>>
File: Mana Surger.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Surger.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51231177
Yeah, I guess those are a better way to do it.

>card
Power out those Emrakuls, guys.
>>
File: Rachel Roth Raven3.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Roth Raven3.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
OK, new version of Raven, rebalanced. Before she had Hexproof, and the Recoil ability worked differently. Now it requires that you have to return something in order for a player to discard a card.

>>51231565
So... it's a worse version of Druids' Repository?
>>
File: Dominator of Forms.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dominator of Forms.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51232158
>So... it's a worse version of Druids' Repository?
Well its colorless, but yes.

>Raven
Seems fine.
>>
File: Basil Karlo Clayface3.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basil Karlo Clayface3.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Clayface. One of the versions before this one, that I had for a while, exiled creatures instead of killing them, then could become a copy of the exiled creature. This version skips that step entirely, allowing it to copy any creature on the battlefield or any creature card in a graveyard.

>>51232203
>Well its colorless, but yes.
True, I didn't consider that. But in that case, I'd rather it use counters like DR, but it can still only make C.

>Dominator of Forms
I really like this. Removal that's still very GU.
>>
File: Freefall.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Freefall.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51232331
Quicksilver Gargantuan meets Shapesharer, sure. This certainly seems like a cleaner way to do it than you were (apparently) doing it before. Clones that don't catch ETB effects always feel a little disappointing, but I suppose that's the EDH player in me. There's value in turning yourself into a fat Eldrazi or something at Instant speed, for sure.

>card
One sided Howling Mine, or, "how to N-for-1 yourself without even trying."
>>
>>51232729
Should just bottom the cards rather than force so many shuffles.
>>
File: Jimmy Olsen3.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy Olsen3.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Jimmy Olsen. Yeah, never really been sure of this one. The idea is to reflect his job as a reporter. I'm not very good at coming up with these sort of more subtle, incremental advantage cards though.

>>51232729
>Clayface
Eh, I guess I could make a shapeshifter that flickers itself to abuse ETB effects. But I don't think I'll use it for Clayface. Again, thanks for the feedback.

>Freefall
Nice, I like it. Though there's a slight possibility that you wind up milling yourself, which would be kinda funny. And yeah, I agree with what the other guy said, just tuck the cards, don't shuffle.

>"how to N-for-1 yourself without even trying."
I don't know what this means though.
>>
>>51232854
>I don't know what this means though.
Cast Freefall, tuck two cards, it gets destroyed before your next upkeep, congrats, you just 3-for-1'd yourself.
>>
>>51232883
Ah, right, the Aura problem.
>>
>>51232964
Not quite the Aura problem since regular enchantments are harder to remove than creatures.
>>
File: Peripheral Image.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peripheral Image.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51232964
To be fair, any strategy that requires devoting resources to a delicate permanent (i.e. 90% of all permanents) is liable to get ruined by well-timed removal. But things like Auras or Freefall are more liable than most.

>>51232854
Flickering clone, you say?
>>
>>51233039
I don't know why I wrote upkeep. It should probably return on the end step. Whoops.
>>
File: Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>51233039
>Flickering clone, you say?
Nice, I like it.

And speaking of clones, here's this thing, which used to be a clone before. The idea is that he's a ghost, obviously, and he possesses people. The problem with cloning, however, is that the original stays on the battlefield as well. This version specifically I think gets across the flavor of possession better.
>>
File: Obsesssive Memories.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Obsesssive Memories.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Silent Twilight.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Twilight.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51233401
>your mana pool
Even if it's not enchanting a land you control?
>>
>>51233495
Free mana is free mana.
>>
File: Zipper Gang.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zipper Gang.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Koganusan MTG.png (3MB, 751x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Koganusan MTG.png
3MB, 751x1048px
>>51233593
I laughed, solid work.
>>
File: Reject Hostilities.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reject Hostilities.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
For aggro-control Blue, or whatever. Playing with attack matters.
>>
>>51230806
>>51230741
>>51230727

These are all quite elegant. Keep creating beauty anon!
>>
>>51229301
>>51230859

I'm going to attempt to contribute more to the thread, so I'm going to add my criticism on top of and in response to CO-anon's criticism.

>CM02
I am not actually sure this should be a 4/4. Vigilance and Menace is a strong combination. I'm thinking 3/4, but it completely depends on how many things this can kill/bounce off of in your set. I'd say if it can kill more than a third of all other creatures in pure combat it would be fine, but any amount significantly more than that and it should be nerfed just a little bit.

>CM03
Exile at common is really strong, especially if you're using unearth as a faction mechanic. I'd recommend having a way to deal with enchantments with an upside in that faction for flavor purposes myself.

>CM07
The best way to think of this is as an Explosive Vegetation at common for three. It's a little too good at common as is, IMO. Maybe just add a mana at upkeep that doesn't empty until end of turn? Maybe just the precombat main phase?

>CM08
I was the guy who said that Plenitude felt samey with Urban Evolution. What about if you have pinnacle online, you can go get a basic land?

>CM12
What about if it went three deep with the exile and let you put one of those cards into your hand?

>CM15
I also feel like this is a little weak. What if you made it "unless that creature's controller pays X life?"

>CM17
This would be fine at 5cmc on the front end, especially with the life payment. Maybe add 2 or 3 to its butt though.

>CM20
There was a really good discussion in one of these threads as to why deathtouch auras don't exist/are really rare. The interaction with trample and first/doublestrike is just way too fucking strong. There are only 10 cards in existence that even reference First strike and Deathtouch on the same card. There are only 3 that reference Deathtouch and Trample that aren't planewalkers. The price is right, but the buff is too much.
>>
>>51239253
>deathtouch auras
It's not so much that they don't or can't exist, just that the interaction they provide with other mechanics is likely the reason Wizards hasn't made many of them. I specifically brought up pinging in that discussion. But I think it's something like land destruction, in that Wizards will print cards for it, but they try to restrict the cost so it's not cheap and abusable.
>>
File: Colin Wilkes.jpg (1MB, 5637x523px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Wilkes.jpg
1MB, 5637x523px
Oh fuck I don't know what to do with this. I really need help with this, because this card has been kicking my ass for a while. Colin Wilkes, Abuse. He's a seemingly regular kid who can morph his body into a much, much stronger form. Anyone familiar with Bane? He basically turns into Bane. Now, I was using DFC for a while now to show how he transforms, but I just kept feeling like it was restricting and cumbersome, so I just removed it entirely. But now I still don't know where to go. Obviously he should buff himself, but I can't think of a way to do it that's interesting for a legend. Any and all feedback appreciated. Oh yeah, and sorry about the art. He hasn't really shown up a lot so it's going to be hard to get good art of him.
>>
Where'd everyone go?
>>
>>51244162
Not designing cards anymore, that's where. Speaking for myself, as it were.
>>
>>51244628
Why not?
>>
>>51241640

Uhh, fuck, this one is tough. I kinda like some of the DFC versions more, honestly. He can control the transformation, yeah? Maybe just let him flip whenever at the cost of a venom counter, and the reverse side prevents damage with the venom counters? Then balance it around getting the venom counters, I'd say.
>>
File: 1400714208767.jpg (227KB, 1500x885px) Image search: [Google]
1400714208767.jpg
227KB, 1500x885px
Art challenge: Make a card using this art.
>>
File: Big Barda2.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Big Barda2.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Big Barda. Loves combat. Not really anything else to say really. I just want to know if the drawbacks balance out the upsides.

>>51244922
Hmm, yeah, I guess I could start from there. Thanks for the feedback. Should the venom counters continue to buff the back side for +2/+2?
>>
>>51244860
Because any contributions I may have made to this community will always be overshadowed by my inability to not be a faggot. Uninstalled MSE, deleted every set file and card I ever made, and it's for the best. I lurk once in a while to see how Timeanon is coming along with his stuff. I'm not even sure why I answered you, to be honest. I'm just headed back to obscurity anyway.
>>
File: Gifted Warrior.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gifted Warrior.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
>>51245098
Fucking hell, you sound like me at times. Well, I guess in the end, it all comes down to one question: Do you enjoy making cards? If no, then you probably made the right decision, so you can invest your efforts into something you really enjoy. But if the answer is yes, I think you should go back to it, regardless of how the cards actually turn out, if you really enjoy it. Because yeah, like I said, I've had those exact same thoughts. But I realized that making cards is something I love doing, so I'm still here. Sometimes I'm disappointed in how my cards turn out, sometimes I feel like the threads would be better off without me. But making cards is something I really like doing, so I plan to keep doing it, even if it gets to the point I don't even post here.
>>
>>51241406
>But I think it's something like land destruction, in that Wizards will print cards for it, but they try to restrict the cost so it's not cheap and abusable.
But Basilisk Collar, Gorgon Flail, and Gorgon's Head are all fairly cheap and "abusable" (Equipment far more so than any Aura with the same effect), although each has only received one printing.
>>
>>51245882
I think it's more that deathtouch tends to be a one and done sort of effect. It's most often used to trade with a higher value card, so you don't get a lot of long term use out of it.
>>
>>51245882
True, but notice how even the cheapest, in order to cast them and attach them to just one creature, costs three mana, same as the auras (except for color, obviously). And then an extra two mana to move them around.

But I think >>51245909 makes a very good point.
>>
File: Mindscour.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mindscour.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51245085

They could still buff like that, but it really comes down to how cheap you want the become counters to be, imo senpai.
>>
>>51246039
Hmm, might as well just use +1/+1 counters then.

>>51245998
Hmm, might be too repeatable, which was a problem with Retrace. Needing to cast another card definitely helps though.
>>
>>51245998
Wait, were you the guy kicking around this concept in the /r/custommagic discord yesterday? There it was called Flurry.
>>
>>51246174
>/r/custommagic discord
Not him, but what's that like? I'd honestly probably use Reddit more if they weren't so anal about art credits.
>>
>>51246203
My short experience is that the actual subreddit is slow and/or a crapshoot (quality-wise), and the Discord is heavily, heavily skewed towards full set design, as well as a few other projects like custom constructed and whatnot. While /ccg/s "culture" tends to be fairly scattershot (I post a card, you post a card, we swap feedback once, discussion moves on), the Discord tends to be a bit more workshoppy when a card or mechanic gets posted there.
>>
File: Flamestrike.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flamestrike.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51246174
Nope not me.

>>51246146
Well I wanted the effect to be repeatable to an extent. And to reward drafting more Instant and sorceries.
>>
>>51246203
>>51246268
I probably post more card designs here but the subreddit is actually pretty useful because you can sort by ratings and the highest rated cards, while not completely balanced, often have some interesting concepts
>>
File: Tom Tresser Nemesis8.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Tresser Nemesis8.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Nemesis. Last version had FStrike and Hexproof, and it needed you to pay 1UB on combat damage as well as exiling it to get the effect. An anon pointed out if it lost its protection, I could cost it more aggressively. So I guess now I just need to nail the cost. Oh yeah, and it used to be 3UB.

>>51246410
I'm probably just being overly cautious then.

>>51246555
Weird design. Kinda cool though. But I'm not sure if I'd make it a common. Probably uncommon.
>>
File: Inscribe.jpg (199KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inscribe.jpg
199KB, 1125x523px
>>51246610
It's fine to be a bit cautious.
>>
>>51245098
I have a theory that timeanon and pirateanon are the same person.
>>
>>51246742
>>51245998
>black is card draw, blue is mill

Where did the bad blue mage hurt you anon?
>>
>>51246742
These seem good, though Dark Pact should read
>You draw a card and you lose 1 life.
>>
>>51246410
Worse glacial ray.

>>51245998
Worse dampen thought.

>>51246742
>witching hour
Weird name/worse spiritual visit

>dark pact
Over costed, inscribe should be 1 less.

>blessing of might
Draft chaft
>>
>>51247129
Not that anon, but...
>Worse glacial ray.
Glacial Ray cost an additional mana to hardcast. Flamestrike is Shock with upside, closer to Firebolt than anything.

>worse spiritual visit
Flying is a significant upside, if you ask me, especially on a repeatable token generator.
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 5, 5, 8 = 31 (5d10)

>>51221069
rollin'
>>
>>51247129
>>51247226
not only that but Glacial Ray was really fucking good in draft
>>
File: download.jpg (251KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
251KB, 750x1046px
Some commons and uncommons
>>
>>51247898
damn, shoulda wrote spoils of war as "When Spoils of War has 10 or more war counters on it, sacrifice/exile it and destroy all creatures.
>>
>>51247898
>Until end of turn, whenever target creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, it deals 2 damage to that creature.
>Search your library for a card named Prospect Turbine and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
>Whenever a creature dies during combat, put a war counter on ~. Then, if ~ has ten or more war counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, destroy all creatures.

Board wipes shouldn't be uncommon, especially when one has wacky counter shenanigans (and is not terribly in color).
>>
File: Stormy Knight Phantom Lady4.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Knight Phantom Lady4.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Didn't know what to do with Phantom Lady for a while. She had the flicker ability before, but I decided recently to add an O-Ring ability to her as well. Good, bad?

>>51247898
>Extinguish
Since it's instant speed, I'd just make it
>~ deals 2 damage to each creature blocking or blocked by target creature.

>Prospect Turbine
Huh, that's actually kinda cool. Don't know for sure how powerful it is, I'm kinda bad at that, but I hope you can keep the concept.

>Spoils of War
>>51247929
The wording specifically should be
>When ~ has 10 or more war counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, destroy all creatures.
Seems cool, though not sure on rarity.

>Worldshatter
Eh, I like the other versions more that allow you to keep more stuff.
>>
File: Timothy Hunter2.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Timothy Hunter2.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Ugh, I hate magic characters. This stemmed from an expansion of Venser, Shaper Savant's ability. I have to admit that I actually kinda like the ability, but I'm not even sure I'll keep it on this character, or even in the CO set of cards.
>>
>>51249096
The ability is really shoehorned onto a creature, and would feel a lot better as an instant. It's also very flexible and incredibly efficient at 3 mana. Vindicate is a very good card, and this is leagues better than it.
>>
File: Kent Nelson Doctor Fate.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kent Nelson Doctor Fate.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>51249472
Yeah, instant sounds good. Wasn't really feeling it on a creature either. And how about the cost, 2WUB?

Well, this is the guy I was initially designing for anyway. Again, I hate magical characters because their powers are always vague as fuck. But with this one, I wanted something that could combine White's ability to make spells cost more and Blue's ability to make spells cost less. But this is just the first draft, and I realize I'm definitely going to have to come up with something more interesting.
>>
>>51249580
It's just a different Grand Arbiter Augustin.

Also Tim is super easy - just turn artifacts into owls.
>>
File: Doctor Thirteen.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Thirteen.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Nothing's really changed in this version, just wanted to get a bit more feedback before I consider it finalized. Anyway, another magic-related character, but he's a lot easier because he hates magic, he doesn't even believe in it.

>>51249684
>Augustin
Well, true, but I was hoping to make it distinct from that. Again, first draft though.

>Tim
To be honest, I haven't read his series, and when that happens, I just use online sites that talk about the character. So, what, he Pongify's artifacts basically?
>>
File: 220353.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
220353.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>51249684
Did somebody say different GAAIV?
>>
File: Thomas Haukins.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Haukins.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Just a fun little idea I had. Sometimes I like to take a break from expensive cards with crazy effects.

>>51249822
Oh hey, you're back. Were you at work/school or something?

>card
No idea if the first is worded correctly, but as far as I can tell it's fine, though it doesn't have precedence so yeah. Second ability seems fine, I guess. I don't play much Magic, so yeah.
>>
File: Crater Denizen.png (302KB, 375x523px)
Crater Denizen.png
302KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Umber Charm.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Umber Charm.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Kamahlite Druid.png (295KB, 375x523px)
Kamahlite Druid.png
295KB, 375x523px
>>
What tribal would you like to see more of /ccg/?
>>
>>51251283
Crabs, and/or Simic-tier combinations of two tribes.

Constructs.

Lhurgoyfs.
>>
>>51251283
Brushwagg Tribal.

I'm actually a fan of unusual or mechanical "tribals", like Exalted or "ability lords".

>>51249888
I do take breaks from /ccg/ sometimes. I was doing some reading/studying, which I will now be returning to for the evening. The joys of potential energy surfaces and chemical equilibria call me.
>>
>>51251422
Ah, OK. Well, enjoy.
>>
File: Invalidate.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invalidate.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>51247129
Different mechanic so it's hard to judge. >>51247226
Also this.

>>51247018
Thanks and fixed.
>>
File: Twisted Image.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Twisted Image.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51251283
Even though we just had them, Aetherborn. I really liked them. And I kinda want them to have another tribal lord, I didn't like the one they got.

Scarecrows are cool, though it's kinda sad that with the decrease in "color matters" their one unique tribal thing is pretty much gone.

Naga, even if it's just so they get a little more distance between themselves and Snakes.

Jeez, I feel like I could go on forever. I'll shut up now.
>>
>>51251591
aetherborn should have had vanishing
>>
>>51251554
Not sure about this card. Probably fine most of the time, but I feel like it would get restricted pretty quickly in Vintage and banned in Legacy. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>51251657

Really? Even Mana Drain isn't restricted in Vintage and that's just a busted in half Counterspell. His card would be fine. Would be pretty good in modern, actually.
>>
>>51245375
>do you like making cards?
Yes.
>do I deserve to continue making cards here?
No.

>>51246782
Doesn't really matter, ultimately. Both are/were fine contributors to these threads. I am not. Nothing of value is being lost.
>>
File: Molder Witch.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Molder Witch.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Frontier Farmer.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frontier Farmer.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Cow Tools.png (210KB, 375x523px)
Cow Tools.png
210KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Shikaris Sword.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shikaris Sword.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51251554
should be 1U
>>
>>51252124
Yeah, I'm an idiot, no idea why I said that.
>>
File: Lithium Flower.png (277KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lithium Flower.png
277KB, 375x523px
>>
File: RM17 Aethercoil Serpent.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RM17 Aethercoil Serpent.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51254430

Nice. Real nice.

>>51252760

I have to say that I like the mechanics, but I'm curious about the flavor. Does it have to do with spores and such?

Anyways, I've got a few rough designs hammered out for the second set of the Eye of Ilval block. I was intending to post a few, but I've got to get going about now. Keep on keeping on CCG! I'll see you all soon!
>>
File: Dust After All.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dust After All.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Terra Markov.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Terra Markov.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Terra. She throws boulders at people and flies on boulders. That's kinda it.

>>51257416
I like it.

>>51257442
>can't be sacrificed
Oh come on, that's no fun.

>>51257444
>Devoid frame on a card with no colored mana cost.
Grr. Card seems cool otherwise, not entirely sure on balance.
>>
>>51257442
>second set of the Eye of Ilval block
Wait, is the first set finished? I mean, besides art. I put it into the Pastebin as in progress, tell me if I should move it to complete.
>>
>>51257587

Well, it's about as finished as I can make it right now. There are a few cards that I really want to change, but I don't have an idea as to how at the moment, so I'm moving on to prevent a roadblock in design. Art is going to be ongoing process between both sets, so there's no sense in not continuing on there. Finally, I don't feel comfortable making any more huge sweeping changes until I get a chance to actually test the set a few times.

So, short answer no, it's still WIP, but long answer is ...kinda? Just leave it there for now. It will be a little while still until its fully complete.
>>
File: Caitlin Snow Killer Frost.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Caitlin Snow Killer Frost.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Killer Frost. Freezes people then shatters them. Pretty obvious. Though I saw Deathbringer Liege recently, and I'm starting to wonder if I should just have KF use a modified version of that ability, probably on I/S cast triggers. Yeah, I think I might go with that.
>>
File: The Sixth Sun.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Sixth Sun.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>51224623
you are like a little baby
watch this
>>
File: Chalam of the Dusk.png (254KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chalam of the Dusk.png
254KB, 375x523px
>>51258830
I'd ditch the ice counters and tack "it doesn't untap during..." to the first ability.

>>51257444
Zero is even, so this blows up lands, too. Don't know if that's intentional.

>>51257559
I really don't like red flying on something that isn't a dragon. Maybe expand on the "if you control an untapped land" thing in another direction?
>>
File: Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Aquaman. Nothing changed from last time. This card is supposed to focus more on his role as king of Atlantis than manipulating marine life. Though I did make a card to represent that, and it's basically just a long list of animals that live in the sea that Magic has types for.

>>51259039
>I'd ditch the ice counters and tack "it doesn't untap during..." to the first ability.
Actually I'm thinking of a new version. Whenever you cast an I/S spell, you can pay UB to tapdown a creature or to destroy a tapped creature.

>Zero is even, so this blows up lands, too. Don't know if that's intentional.
It says "nonland permanents"

>Terra
I decided to change the ability to an activated ability that requires you to return a land you control to its owner's hand. I figured it would help enable the second ability if you had trouble drawing lands. But I would like to keep Flying if possible.

>Chalam of the Dusk
Why Chalam? I Googled it, and all I could find were mentions of a writer and an actor. Anyway, the card works, though I really wish Wizards would find a better replacement for Regen. But I think I'd place it at uncommon.
>>
>>51251554
Modern Playable.
>>
File: Necrosurge.png (242KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Necrosurge.png
242KB, 375x523px
>>51259167
>why chalam
The card is a sorta-colorshifted version of another card, and Chalam is an anagram of part of that card's name.

>Aquaman
There's a reason that Atlanteans aren't just Merfolk, right?
Also, I'd kind of like to see the other version. Whale-Crab-Eel tribal sounds fun.
>>
File: Mace of Banishing.png (935KB, 750x1046px)
Mace of Banishing.png
935KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: Guilt.png (202KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Guilt.png
202KB, 375x523px
>>51246742
You don't need to capitalise card types. Effects like Dark Pact are usually worded "You draw a card and you lose 1 life."
Witching Hour is probably the strongest of the bunch, and Blessing of Might is the weakest. Not sure about Inscribe as a mechanic - it's the kind of thing you'd need to play with to judge the power.
>>
>>51260239
Am I right in saying that the creatures power is lowered before it's checked against the CMC of the targeted spell?
>>
File: Talk to Fish.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Talk to Fish.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>51260195
>Chalam
Ah, Malach. Heh, kinda funny that you colorshifted a colorshift.

>There's a reason that Atlanteans aren't just Merfolk, right?
I always had the feeling that Merfolk should be Blue, which just bogged down the card. Still kicking myself for not realizing how making a new tribe would fix that until an anon pointed it out.

>Also, I'd kind of like to see the other version. Whale-Crab-Eel tribal sounds fun.
Attached. Please let me know if you have any suggestions about mechanics and/or flavor. Note that I didn't include some aquatic creature types that are present in Magic, like Cephalid, because those refer to things exclusive to Magic, and I just feel like it would be a bit weird if I had a card that is supposed to more or less represent DC comics to have that in it.

>Necrosurge
Seems fine to me.

>>51260239
Not sure about this. I'd definitely prefer an O-Ring effect where the opponent gets it back later. Or maybe it could tuck the target instead.
>>
>>51260292
Oh. True! :^(
>>
Do Strive and Escalate mean that WotC has changed their stance on drawback mechanics being bad?
>>
File: tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif (2MB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif
2MB, 380x280px
>>51263588
>Strive and Escalate
>drawback mechanics
>>
File: Erushina the Deft Strike.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Erushina the Deft Strike.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Part one of a cycle of mono color 2MM legendary creatures that focus on flavour and abilities.
>>
File: Urla Forsaken Priestess.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Urla Forsaken Priestess.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51263733
No. 2
>>
>>51263755
No. 3
>>
File: Genan Shiranui.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Genan Shiranui.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Think I might do some more video game stuff for a bit. Let me know if recurring this guy is too easy as it is now. Anyway, I think the idea that this guy is Mai Shiranui's ancestor is just hilarious.
>>
File: Custodi of the Holy City.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Custodi of the Holy City.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51263767
No. 4
>>
>>51263683
>remove them from cards
>cards become strictly better
What is your definition of drawback then?
>>
File: Rasha Priceless Salesman.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rasha Priceless Salesman.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51263785
No. 5
>>
File: Reverse Engineering.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse Engineering.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51263794
Oh god, I remember this retarded conversation. Look, you're being really pedantic with this. If those cards didn't have Strive or Escalate, they wouldn't use the "choose any" or "choose one or more" wordings, they would be restricted so they only allowed for one target/mode. The only reason those cards use those wordings is to allow those mechanics to work properly. You're really focusing more on the "letter" than the "spirit" of what drawbacks are.
>>
>>51264097
And any card with echo would cost more if it didn't have echo.

What the fuck is the "spirit" of drawbacks? Echo splits the cost of a card over two turns but the only way to mechanically represent that is for it to be worded like a drawback. Are you saying that echo isn't a drawback mechanic either? Because then you'd be contradicting what the designers of the game consider a drawback.
>>
>>51264163
What the fuck are you on about? This is like saying Defender or Legendary are upsides because they reduce the cost of a creature. No, I'm so not having this conversation. Pull your head out of your ass and post cards, provide feedback, or leave.
>>
File: Hand of Gaea.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hand of Gaea.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51244929
Really, nobody? OK, I guess I'll try to provide better art next time.
>>
>>51263733
>Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature with power less than ~'s power, ~ gains first strike until end of turn.
>Whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature with power greater than ~'s power, ~ gains double strike until end of turn.
Eh, I feel like there's a cool idea in there, but it needs to be redeveloped.

>>51263755
First ability is weak, second ability is Green.

>>51263767
>[...] Put two +1/+1 on target creature you control. Activate this ability only once each turn.
Huh, pretty weird. Another one I think could be very interesting after some more designing. Maybe UG and it grants an ability to creatures with +1/+1 counters on them?

>>51263785
>Whenever an opponent attacks with one or more creatures, detain target attacking creature.
This won't stop attacking since the creature has already started, unless there's an extra combat phase for that player, but it will prevent blocking and activating abilities of the creature until your next turn. Honestly doesn't seem very useful.
>Lands you control can't be the target of spells.
Is I guess what you're going for. This just makes me go WTF.

>>51263805
Skulk is dead, so I would recommend you not use it.
>Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, create a black Treasure artifact token with "Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life."
>Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn for each Treasure token you control.
Not really sure on this one. I guess one complain is that it grows incredibly slowly.
>>
>>51264096
I think I'd simplify it and say
>Counter target spell with converted mana cost X. Put X +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature.
Don't know if it's balanced though, sorry.
>>
>>51260272
You want "each creature you don't control gets...", otherwise it checks the total of all opponents.
>>
File: Tempt Fate.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tempt Fate.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Desire or Regret.png (250KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Desire or Regret.png
250KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hesitant Wish.png (241KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hesitant Wish.png
241KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51267723
I think what you want is two cards with different names. Otherwise you'll just get two of the same card and get one in your hand.
>>
File: Project Cadmus.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Project Cadmus.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
The counters thing is something I originally wanted Human Target to have, but it made the card too wordy. So, I decided to reuse the ability here. I think it makes sense in lore, cloning and all that.
>>
>>51267814
good call
>>
Which existing mechanic would you like to see more of /ccg/?
>>
>>51268200
Banding.
>>
>>51268200
Level Up, very interesting mechanic. I have a feeling it's coming back in Amonkhet.
>>
>>51268200
Cycling
>>
>>51268200
Parley
>>
>>51268200
Devotion. Seeing devotion to colorless would be kinda cool, but having colorless costs is about as likely as snow mana coming back.
>>
File: Good Vibrations.png (228KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Good Vibrations.png
228KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Trumpet Demon.png (225KB, 375x523px)
Trumpet Demon.png
225KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 2.png (206KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
206KB, 375x523px
>>51270022
Whoops, forgot to fix text box when I changed the name.
>>
File: Dying Strike.png (247KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dying Strike.png
247KB, 375x523px
>>51270053
Yours vs mine
>>
>>51268540
I kind of want to print this off and stick it in Marchesa along with >>51268520
>>
>>51270053
I wouldn't play it because the text doesn't fit.
>>
>>51270120
That's utter garbage.
>>
File: 3.png (204KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
204KB, 375x523px
>>51270153
Fug, fixed
>>
>>51270175
Why is it utter garbage? Instant speed. Chump block non trampler, sac it to block a trampler.
>>
>>51270359
Because for that price you could do so much more than that.
>>
>>51270391
alright. GImme a mo.
>>
File: Dying Strike.png (249KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dying Strike.png
249KB, 375x523px
>>51270391
Is this better? Upped the cost to try and keep it balanced.
>>
File: Port of Alexandria.png (218KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Port of Alexandria.png
218KB, 375x523px
>>
Not sure how to word this, but related stupid shits.

Eidetic Tutor 1UB
Sorcery
Reveal your library, then turn it facedown. Search your library for a card and put it into your hand. Reveal your library, then shuffle it.

Blind Tutor 1BR
Sorcery
Reveal your library, then turn it facedown. Choose a card from it, then put that card into your hand. Shuffle your library. (The library remains facedown while you choose.)
>>
File: Return to Nature.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Return to Nature.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51244929
>>
File: Requited Anger.png (320KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Requited Anger.png
320KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Crushing Earth.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Crushing Earth.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51244929
>>
File: The Conqueror Wurm.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Conqueror Wurm.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Wurms need tribal support
>>
>>51264097
I don't know how many threads, and we still hear about this.
>>
>>51224623
I'm still mad no "coloured" eldrazi except displacer is actually playable
>>
File: Illurovian Silktender.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Illurovian Silktender.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51268267
I'm doing cycling for my set.
Should cycling duals be common, uncommon or rare?
>>
>>51273898
Etb tapped, U.
>>
>>51270834
Uh... it taps to becomes a creature? I like the idea of a huge manland, but why does it tap?

>>51271559
Don't really like the very last part.

>>51271949
Seems cool, but why tapped?

>>51271982
Seems pretty cool.

>>51273852
Art in use, Elves of Deep Shadow. Also, should be worded
>Another target Elf creature gains your choice of hexproof, reach, or indestructible until end of turn.
>>
>>51273914
I'll post them later tonight then.
Thanks.

Would a ETB monocolor land with basic land cycling 2 be common or Uncommon?

Or should I just stick with ash Barrens?
>>
File: MR Sholug the Ancient.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
MR Sholug the Ancient.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>51267356

I like it, but I'm not convinced this works as is. Did you lift the wording from Serum Powder?

>>51267723

Neat!

Here's the Red Mythic from the second set. Sorry about the set symbol. Still kicking around ideas for it.
>>
File: Samus Aran2.jpg (97KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Aran2.jpg
97KB, 752x523px
Decided to do Samus again. Completely changed from the last one. Ping on the front for arm cannon, Equipment buff to represent upgrades. Back side has tap for paralyzer, can't equipped to try to get across how her armor isn't there anymore, Haste due to extra speed.

>>51274474
If it's a Spellshaper, the ability should tap, and follow the effect of a real, printed card. Really shouldn't be a Spellshaper because of how detrimental tapping is to something that so obviously wants to attack. Also, I don't see any reason to mention Regen since the keyword is dead.
>>
File: RM02 Herald of the King.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RM02 Herald of the King.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51271982

Solid. Really solid.

>>51274055

Ash Barrens is an amazing card. You should keep it just because it's basically perfect as is and you can't improve upon that concept without getting dangerous. I MIGHT be biased though.

Here's another one from set two!
>>
File: RM09 Unearth Secrets.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RM09 Unearth Secrets.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51274530

I feel like she should be mythic, maybe bring her front side ping ability down to 2. Other than that probably fine. Bomby as hell.

>If it's a Spellshaper, the ability should tap, and follow the effect of a real, printed card. Really shouldn't be a Spellshaper because of how detrimental tapping is to something that so obviously wants to attack.
I thought Venser, Shaper Savant was a Spellshaper when I made that so I was going to use that as precedent. I'm sad now because Spellshaper is my favorite creature class.

>Also, I don't see any reason to mention Regen since the keyword is dead.
Well, it's supposed to absolutely, positively murder the fuck out of whatever you're hitting for one. And two, regen isn't dead to me. Honestly, I don't trust Wizards to actually stick with their new "temporary indestructibility".

Here's another one. I'm not sure how to balance this as Diabolic Tutor with an upside at rare is probably too weak.
>>
File: Lady Shiva10.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Shiva10.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Lady Shiva. Abilities supposed to represent how good of a martial artist she is. No change from the last time I posted this, and I'm pretty sure it's pretty much done. Just want to get a bit more feedback before I say it's finalized. Was thinking about changing the creature/noncreature split to permanent/nonpermanent, but nuking permanents like that might be too good.

>>51274533
Ugh, seems crazy expensive. Paying half your life total seems really steep. Also, it doesn't really feel like something that belongs in those colors either. I mean, I get that it says white or black creature card, but still creature tutor strikes me as being far more Green than WB. Maybe WG? But if you wanted to keep it in WB, I think you should drop the half your life total cost, and change the effect to instead recur a permanent card from your graveyard.
>>
>>51274597
>Honestly, I don't trust Wizards to actually stick with their new "temporary indestructibility".
Why not? They've been talking about how they weren't happy with it for years now. Personally, I hope they come up with a better replacement that gets across the same flavor as Regen. Indie just doesn't have the same flavor, I think.
>>
>>51274597
>I feel like she should be mythic, maybe bring her front side ping ability down to 2. Other than that probably fine. Bomby as hell.
Cool, thanks.

>I thought Venser, Shaper Savant was a Spellshaper when I made that so I was going to use that as precedent. I'm sad now because Spellshaper is my favorite creature class.
Well, no offense, but it seems kinda odd to me that you like Spellshapers but didn't know that about them. Anyway, here's a bunch of Spellshapers from the Time Spiral block. I'm pretty sure a few of these actually stray from the "real, printed card" thing, due to things like colorshifting that was used in Planar Chaos. Of course, not that these aren't the only Spellshapers out there, there are a ton more.
>>
>>51274597
>>51274683
Oh yeah, and note how the cycle on the last row reference printed creatures, while the vast majority of Spellshapers reference instant/sorcery cards.
>>
File: Engineered Plague.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Engineered Plague.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51271982
Seems like a really shitty Naturalize, but I guess it can hit planeswalker?
>>
>>51274642
>Why not?

Pretty much this:

> they come up with a better replacement that gets across the same flavor as Regen

I doubt they're happy with Indestructible, and I know I'm not happy with it, so until they get a good flavor fit with something else, I'm not buying it.

>>51274683
I just forgot that literally every spellshaper tapped. I thought there was precedence for spellshapers that didn't and also did other things. I just changed Sholug to be a Wizard.
>>
File: Drown in Agony.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Drown in Agony.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51275368

Strong flavor, but it's... Weak? Kinda slow? I feel like it could do more. Maybe have you draw a card?

>>51274785

I think the name is already taken. Why couldn't this be an enchantment?

>>51274621
>Lady Shiva

Damage can't be dealt to anything but creatures, players and planeswalkers, IIRC. Or maybe it's just that it doesn't mark it? But yeah, leaving it as is fine in my opinion?
>>
File: David Wilkes Prophet.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
David Wilkes Prophet.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
One of two COD specialists I haven't finalized yet. First ability is the one I'm having trouble with. It's supposed to be a lightning gun, shoot one guy and the damage spreads to people around him.

>>51277024
>Lady Shiva
What I meant by permanent/nonpermanent is that if a permanent tried dealing damage to Shiva, Shiva would destroy the permanent, but if a nonpermanent tried dealing damage to Shiva, Shiva would smack its controller. But that was just hypothetical. Thanks for the feedback, I'll move it over to the completed file and hopefully stop bugging you guys about it.
>>
>>51270553
You can cast Fog for G and get the same effect in almost every case.
>>
File: cycling lands.jpg (288KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
cycling lands.jpg
288KB, 1500x523px
>>51273914
>>51274533
Done.

Which duels would you prefer to play with?
>>
File: C13 Gorilla Warfare.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
C13 Gorilla Warfare.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51280655
Ash Barrens would be the best. Early game you can cycle it for what you need, late game comes in untapped. 8/10 would play.

V1 is the next best. The Dual coloured cycling stops it from being a dead draw later. 5/10 would play if I didn't want to buy 20 dollar lands.

As for the last two, I'd say V2 might be the better one but I don't know. both are 4/10, would play in draft.

t. Average /tg/ magic player
>>
>>51274474
Yes, with the added pay 3 life clause.
>>
>>51281125
>doesn't create an ape token
0/10
>>
>>51280655
Didn't know you were making a set. How close are you to posting a bunch of cards, like groups based on rarity and/or color.
>>
File: Seals with guns3.gif (1MB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Seals with guns3.gif
1MB, 375x523px
>>51281125
Now with animated shitposting.
>>
>>51282009
*deep sigh* Explain your card.
>>
>>51282056

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>51282056
Navy seals copypasta.
>>
File: Cascade Flitter.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cascade Flitter.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51282009
You know, despite being based on a meme, I actually kinda like that idea of an alternate wincon. Not entirely sure how to flavor it though. Maybe some sort of demon? Hmm, let me make a mockup.
>>
File: Prince of Darkness.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Darkness.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51282009
>>51283177
And here we are. I think this gets the flavor across OK.

>>51283157
Seems cool.
>>
File: 96353.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
96353.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51283292
God damnit, man, if you're going to make it cost 7 and require 7, make it a 7/7. Its like you're trying to Griselbrand here.
>>
File: Prince of Darkness.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prince of Darkness.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51283331
OK, how about now?
>>
>>51283482
My autism is soothed. Thank you.
>>
File: Mary Queen of Blood.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Queen of Blood.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Tried reading I, Vampire for a while, got bored. Anyway, Mary, Queen of Blood. Raises her own Vampire army, but they'll die if she does (hence 1/0 tokens). As you might be able to tell, she's supposed to represent the rabid, crazed, berserker Vampires. Art is shit, sorry.
>>
File: Triplicate.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Triplicate.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>51284225
>I, Vampire
Is this the lesser known sequel to I, Robot, in which Aasimov introduces the three laws of vampirism?
>A vampire may not break the masquerade, or, through inaction, allow a human to discover the masquerade.
>Younger vampires must obey orders given to them by older vampires except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
>You gotta wear red, black, and maybe white if you're feeling bold, except when such a fashion code would conflict with the First and Second Laws.

>card
An army of 2/1 double striking vampires is... pretty intense. They're likely to trade and replace themselves with a lot of things. I'd think I'd see this bumped down a bit in general power level.
>>
File: Abduct.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Abduct.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Balanced?
>>
>>51284500
CMC is fine, but should have a higher color weight. Exile target creature and draw 2 is good value for 6 mana especially when the card has cheaper modes.

>>51280655
V1 and V2 are strictly better than the existing cycling lands, and those are already pretty good. V3 is only good in 4-5 color decks, maybe 3 color.
>>
>>51235001
I like it
>>
>>51284225
do you happen to have the full art to that?
>>
>>51258974
Damn. It'd be cool to add a mana burn clause maybe
>>
>>51267723
Cool
>>
>>51268540
Cool
>>
>>51284393
>Is this the lesser known sequel to I, Robot, in which Aasimov introduces the three laws of vampirism?
I know you know the answer is no. Though that concept is kinda cool, I am stunned you didn't make 3
>A vampire must protect and sustain (you know, drinking blood, avoiding the sun, etc.) itself so long as it does not violate the First and Second Laws.
It was a New 52 (blerg) relaunch/remake of a much older series titled "I... Vampire". It was about an ancient vampire stopping Mary, who was actually a sire and lover of his but just snapped and decided to wipe out humanity. Never really made sense in a world populated by heroes, because it never seemed like any of the vampires were ever really subtle. I dunno, I guess it's like in DMC where there are demon attacks in broad daylight but actual knowledge of their existence is rare.

>Mary
Hmm, I really like the idea of DStriking tokens. I guess I'll save it for something else. What would you say about the card if I just removed DStrike?

>Triplicate
Effect seems cool, though I'd definitely either raise the cost or restrict it to a creature you control. As for the added ability, it should say "this creature" or "this permanent" and I would recommend only exiling when the original leaves the battlefield. Er, but then you'd have to restrict it to targeting a nontoken creature and then saying "When a nontoken permanent with the same name as this permanent leaves the battlefield, exile this permanent." I dunno, it just feels weird that when one token leaves the battlefield, you lose the other as well.

>>51285271
Here you go.
>>
>>51285381
>>51284393
Whoops, forgot this.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ICommaNoun
>>
File: Battlefield Tactician.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield Tactician.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51285017
Something like 1WWU then, you think?
>>
File: Forget-Me-Not.png (261KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forget-Me-Not.png
261KB, 375x523px
>>
File: morecycling.jpg (191KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
morecycling.jpg
191KB, 1125x523px
>>51281743
pretty far off
hopefully I can have a group of commons ready for feedback in the next couple of days

I'll probably start with blue or black
>>
>>51286516
Your cycling costs are too cheap.
>>
File: Caitlin Snow Killer Frost2.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Caitlin Snow Killer Frost2.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
New Killer Frost. Previous version had two separate activated abilities, both of which tapped.

>>51286516
>Miscalculation
Please denote which of your cards are reprints. It'll help in the future, since otherwise people will give you feedback on cards you can't really change.

>Dreadful End
I think this is good.

>Volcanic Outburst
Hmm, I like it more when the Cycling ability is at least somewhat different from the spell ability, even if it's just a smaller version of it. Or a larger version with those Resounding cards from Alara.

I hope you do something like the Decrees, I love those cards.
>>
File: Fiery Temper.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fiery Temper.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51286534
Not him, but doing a quick Oracle search gets 153 cards with "cycling" in the text, and 99 have "cycling 2" in the text, so I think he has a approximate idea of how to cost them. Also, the first one is a reprint.
>>
>>51286534
>>51286623
Well, technically, I searched "cycling {2}" but I think you get what I meant by that.
>>
>>51286623
The ones with cycling 2 are on either really mediocre cards like Spell Snip or they came from Urza's Saga. You can't just slap Cycling 2 on any card and not increase its power.
>>
>>51280655

It should cycle for 1G/W I think. That way it's not strictly better than the existing cycling lands, but it still reasonably costed.

>>51283497
>My autism is soothed.

Mine's not.

>>51283331
>God damnit

It's god dammit. No 'n', none. As in god dammit, how the fuck do you get this wrong?

>>51284500
>>51285017
>CMC is fine, but should have a higher color weight
>>
>>51287273
Goddamnit, can't your 'tism understand that not everyone spells things the same way? Not him, by the way.
>>
>>51287273

Fuck, can't delete. I wasn't done yet...
>>51284500
>>51285017
>CMC is fine, but should have a higher color weight
What I wanted to say was that I think the color weight is fine, personally. However, if you made the sacrifice cost WU it would probably ease it back just enough.

>>51285781
Neat!
>>
>>51287304
>Goddamnit, can't your 'tism understand that not everyone spells things the same way? Not him, by the way.
No, but I can accept that you probably call people by their preferred pronouns instead of ignoring that and calling them by "they/their/them", you awful person you.
>>
>>51287333
Where the fuck did that come from?
>>
>>51287363
In my mind only retards and tumblrinas intentionally mangle the English language. It's a comforting lie.
>>
File: Savage Changeling.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Savage Changeling.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51287333
>God damn it
>Goddamnit
>Goddammit
>Dammit
Learn your english, mate

>>51287333
>I can accept that you probably call people by their preferred pronouns instead of ignoring that and calling them by "they/their/them", you awful person you.
I'm gonna ignore you and call you "it"
>>
>>51288120
>gets played
>dies

or am i dumb?
>>
>>51289382
You have to have a lord or anthem affect to raise its toughness above 0.
>>
How does this sound for a BUG commander?

3BG
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
Menace
Creatures you control can't be blocked by creatures with power less than that creature's power.
4U, Discard a card: Create a colorless artifact token named Totem with "Creatures your opponents control get -1/-0."
4/2
>>
>>51286699
Pretty much every modern legal cycling card has a cycling cost of 1 colored mana or 2 generic mana. The only ones that don't have a beneficial ability.
>>
>>51286594
>miscalculation
Good point. I'll make sure to leave a marker for reprints.

>dreadful end
Thanks.

>volcanic outburst
Hmm maybe I'll play with the stats a bit and add it to the 2 generic cycle.
Possibly make it an arrow storm variant with a lightning strike in its place.

For cycling with benefits:

At rare I plan to do a allied decree cycle with an enemy command cycle.
>>
>>51290267
So, tell us about your set. What mechanics does it have other than Cycling? Themes? Lore? What's your name anyway? Circle anon?
>>
>>51290409
It's a spells matter set. I'm doing three mechanics and following a kaladesh approach of three primary mechanics and cards that care about the general theme.

The world is similar to this:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?222007-The-Definitive-Guide-to-the-Tippyverse-By-Emperor-Tippy
>>
File: Hand of Friendship.png (235KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hand of Friendship.png
235KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51291932
I can't even tell what's going on in that art.
>>
>>51291748
Cycling and Gravesplice are two of my mechanics.
I'm working on a third filler mechanic like fabricate that helps with spells.

I'll be sprinkling some spell mastery variants (1-3 spells) unkeyworded and some spell fall triggers as well as spellshapers into the set.

I'm also looking at a tribal component for enemy colors.

Wizards: RUbwg
Druids: Gx maybe GU
Shamans: GB
Clerics: WB
Red white I'm at a loss for still but I'll figure it out.
>>
>>51291981
>I'm working on a third filler mechanic like fabricate that helps with spells.
Why not just use Fabricate or Convoke? Maybe Affinity?

>Red white I'm at a loss for still but I'll figure it out.
You could try Artificer. Obviously there's Soldier.
>>
>>51292085
>>51292085
Artificer could work but they'd need some way of interacting with artifacts as artifacts are a bit limited in my set at common.

Maybe creating artifact tokens or equipment tokens.

Would druids work in simic if they transform?
>>
File: Armed Swordsman.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Armed Swordsman.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51293662
I'm sorry, but it's hard to give you advice until I know more about your set. Artifact tokens sound like a good idea though. And Equipment tokens. Here's an old example of something I did once.

>Would druids work in simic if they transform?
See, this is what I mean. You didn't say Transform was in your mechanics. Anyway, Druids could work with DFC, though you don't need to use it. I need more information, what do you plan on doing with them?

Also, there was a bit of confusion with what you said about Fabricate. I thought you were talking about Improvise.
>>
>>51244929
Put that art on harrow, or maybe rude awakening.
>>
>>51294062
Eh, I'd rather use art for something original. Besides, I'm using enough CO art for reprints anyway.
>>
File: Dimir Confluence.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dimir Confluence.png
279KB, 375x523px
I wanted to do guild commands but because there are already allied colored commands I thought that confluences were the next best thing.
>>
I got this mechanic idea while wondering what game MTG would be if you could respond to a creature on the stack, and lightning bolt it for example.
>>
>>51296671
Jesus, I can't begin to tell you how much of a headache this mechanic is. Anyway, this really fucks the pie, since, as much as people like to complain about Blue, it really doesn't have much hard removal outside of counterspells. This mechanic, especially if it were on an enchantment and gave it to spells you cast or something, would just brutalize Blue, since it would mean that the other colors would, in effect, have their own versions of counterspells.
>>
>>51296956
Sure, but they would never ever be as versatile as a counterspell, and mostly overpriced. And it wouldn't always " destroy " something. That's just a baseline example with a classic black destroy effect.

Sure, it's annoying, and it can be excessively good in the right situation, but that's more situational than the classical set of counterspells blue has. So yeah, the aim is not beating blue at counterspelling, it's presenting a way for other colors to have way worse "counterspells " but for precise things.
>>
File: Island Homesick.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Island Homesick.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
Decided to do some retro cards, like things you'd see in Time Spiral or Coldsnap, and I had an idea. For those who don't know, there was once a mechanic called Landhome, which appeared on cards as
>[basic land type]home
and mechanically said
>This creature can't attack unless defending player controls a/an [basic land type].
>When you control no [basic land type]s, sacrifice this creature.
Needless to say, it didn't do very well, and isn't even a keyword anymore. And I'm pretty sure the only type it ever got was Islands too.
>>
>>51282056
Lurk more you dumb niggerfaggot

*sips tea*
>>
Decided to combine Runesword and Mother of Runes, because why not?

>>51298293
Post more.
>>
File: Sword of Runes.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Runes.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51298631
And of course I forget the card. Whoops.
>>
File: Follower of the Fallen.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Follower of the Fallen.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
...Anyone else here?
>>
>>51295381
Instant speed discard is a no-no.

>>51298008
90% of the time, this is a weird mono-blue kill spell.

>>51298649
>Whenever equipped creature deals damage to another creature, that creature loses indestructible until end of turn.

>>51299742
I don't think we've ever seen enchant opponent. Should probably be just player for consistency's sake.
>>
File: Takklemaggot Infestation.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Takklemaggot Infestation.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
This one's based on Takklemaggot, one of the wordiest cards ever.

>>51300351
>90% of the time, this is a weird mono-blue kill spell.
I know. I said the cards I was making were going to be like something out of Time Spiral or Coldsnap.

>Sword of Runes
Thanks.

>I don't think we've ever seen enchant opponent. Should probably be just player for consistency's sake.
Psychic Possession. But I see your point.
>>
File: Abundance Bringer.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Abundance Bringer.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51299742
This is pretty spicy. The card is fair sense it's devotion is so high and the pay off is only really good in multiple. You could probably make it 2RB if you wanted to make it multicolor.

>>51298649
This seems really over the top and clunky outside of limited play. It would be insane in drafts but garbage everywhere else.
>>
File: Wrath of the Olympians.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath of the Olympians.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
A Wrath for the Amazon tribal (the theme of the Amazons is encouraging you to use Equipment and Auras). Odd wording, I know, sorry about that. And I know the art is shit, but it's the first thing I could find. I actually might have to change the name to reflect the art more.

>>51300920
>Follower of the Fallen
I'm not very original, so I tend to just copy the mana costs and P/T of the cards I'm basing them on. But thanks. Though I will consider making it BR because the original card does damage.

>Sword of Runes
Yeah, I like the idea of the original card, but it's super expensive. And the Pro all colors was just something I threw in later. I'll just rebalance it later.

>Abundance Bringer
4-color? Trash. Oh wait, Wizards released those 4-color Commanders that aren't really bad, I guess I can't just brush off 4-color anymore. Well, effect is nice, but I have no clue on the colors. Sorry, but in my defense, it is kinda hard to color an ability that came from an artifact.
>>
>>51296671
>701.6a To destroy a permanent, move it from the battlefield to its owner’s graveyard.
It's a pity that the creature spell is on the stack, rather than the battlefield.
>>
File: Prestidigitation.png (256KB, 375x523px)
Prestidigitation.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Assume Direct Control.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Assume Direct Control.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51301129
Non-Equipment artifacts. Non-Aura enchantments. You could probably get away with "unattached permanents".
>>
>>51302117
Huh. No idea on wording or balance. I feel like in practice it just wouldn't be as useful as something that was the opposite, but I could be wrong.

>>51302129
First part seems fine. The second part, not so much.

>>51302160
What do you mean, "unattached permanents"?
>>
>>51302160
Unattached permanents is a solid 100% of the board in most games.

>>51302129
I feel like the second part doesn't need an "until end of turn" because the duration of the rules change is already implicit in the rule change. Its not "until end of turn, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn" on fogs after all.
>>
>>51302200
>What do you mean, "unattached permanents"?
meant unattached creatures, though now that I think about it, its not quite right. Unenchanted or unequipped might work.
>>
File: Hippolyta Amazon Queen.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hippolyta Amazon Queen.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>51302273
I think it would be
>Exile all creatures that aren't enchanted or equipped.
I've been doing it a bit differently with the Amazons (pic related), but that wording does work better I think.
>>
File: Vectis Renegade.png (297KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vectis Renegade.png
297KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Shattering Blow.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shattering Blow.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Ugh, guess I'll have to stay up to make the next thread.

>>51302628
Gaining life seems odd in BR. I know the color can do it, but still. Anyway, not sure on cost. On one hand, it's a very powerful ability. On the other, it means you have to rely on your opponent using artifacts, which isn't always the case.
>>
>>51302739
Actually, yeah, what should the next thread theme be anyway? I'd like to make one people might actually make cards for so the thread isn't constantly in danger of dying. I mean, I doubt any theme is going to do that, but I might as well try.
>>
File: Bloodfire Monk.jpg (51KB, 375x523px)
Bloodfire Monk.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
There was another anon who posted a card that could gain FStrike or DStrike, which inspired this.
>>
File: Smash to Smithereens.png (325KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Smash to Smithereens.png
325KB, 375x523px
>>51302756
>I'd like to make one people might actually make cards
No theme gets people to make cards more than legendary commanders.
>>
File: Improvised Armor.1.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Improvised Armor.1.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Since there was an anon talking about using Cycling. Art, in case anyone is curious, is from a defunct MOBA called Infinite Crisis. The lore was really cool, but I thought the gameplay was just meh. I played twice or so before setting it down forever.

>>51303104
Hmm, good point.

>card
Nice. For some reason, I had a hard time finding a picture of Superman smashing something. No idea really. And I've never understood that image either, it look like Superman is trying to destroy the car instead of save someone from getting hit by it.
>>
>>51303104
>>51303184
So what, just "Commanders edition"? "Legendary creatures edition"?
>>
God I hate that the bump limit is 310 now.
>>
OK, I'm going. Someone else make the next thread.
>>
>>51232203
That is fuckin cool.
>>
Grave Mistake 3GB
Sorcery
Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It fights target creature. When the returned creature dies this turn, add GB to your mana pool.
>>
Didn't see the new thread up, so I though I'd ask:

Has anyone found any solid art sources besides the ones in the OP? I've been having a bitch of a time finding good art for instants and sorceries.
>>
>>51306631
Unfortunately no. It's always a struggle to find art. In fact, there was one more resource we had up there for a while, but that site's dead now. Google is, sadly, one of your best friends.
>>
File: 1324092628339.jpg (48KB, 480x502px)
1324092628339.jpg
48KB, 480x502px
So I feel like trying something dumb and making a 40k MTG set, and before I get into planning out cards I'm still trying to come up with which two-color pair goes with each faction. So far I've got:

>Red/White Space Marines (Blood Angels) aggro with some artifact support via vehicles/equipment
>Green/White Imperial Guard with a +1/+1 counter focus
>Black/Red Chaos Space Marines with Bloodrush/Bloodthirst and some discard (Probably Black Legion, but World Eaters fits more with the abilities)
>Red/Green Orks that's mostly just bootleg Goblin tribal/tokens
>White/Black Necron lifedrain
>Red/Blue Adeptus Mechanicus artifacts matter (Most likely Metalcraft as main keyword, Affinity might be too much)
>Black/Green Tyranids with a Dredge/Delirium mix (Along with some tokens)
>Green/Blue Eldar with Inspired/Tap effects
>Blue/Black Dark Eldar with some sort of Exile thing, I'm not entirely sure what yet.
>White/Blue Tau (Not really sure what to do here, ideas that have popped up include flickering your opponents stuff for a turn, evasive small dudes, and Crisis Suits as vehicles)

Both Marines, IG, Orks, Necron and the Nids I'm fine with, the Eldars feel necessary to fill the GU/UB slots, but I'm not sure if I should swap the AdMech and Tau around. Tau might work as a spellslinging race and not much changes for an artifacts-focused group by swapping Red/Blue for White/Blue other than access to a few keywords. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51307084
>I'm still trying to come up with which two-color pair goes with each faction.
No, stop, start over. Seriously nothing else you say after this matters. Ditch the ENTIRE two-color concept, and just get started on making cards that are mechanically good. After you have a decent amount of cards for the factions done, decide which mechanics and themes work, which don't, and THEN work from there on which factions should be in which colors. Otherwise you're going to waste a lot of time trying to fit square pegs into round holes. If it makes you feel any better, remember that Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, while it did have many two-color tribal cards, didn't always follow that rule, and even had some tribes that defied it. Also note that in that block, they didn't go out of there way to fill in every pair, they just used the ones that worked.
>>
>>51307084
>>51307179
Now, don't get me wrong, the idea sounds good, and I'd really like to see 40K stuff, but you should probably get some cards together before deciding how your set is going to be built. Because, sure, everything sounds good in your head, but it's never going to work out like that in reality.
>>
>>51307179
>>51307223
Nah, I know what you're getting at. I was just trying to decide what color pair/faction should be/do what before I started brewing cards. If anything I think the sets would turn up like this

Base Set (~280 cards with ~50 cards per main group, Nids get 20-30ish)

>White/Red Space Marines
>Blue/White Tau
>Black Chaos Space Marines
>Red/Green Orks
>Green/Blue Eldar
>Tyranids (Probably just gonna make these a Sliver clone that has a slew of cards in both sets)

Small Set 1: (~180, 50+50+50+30ish)
>Green/White Imperial Guard
>Blue/Black Dark Eldar
>Black/White Necron
>More Tryranids

AdMech can be dropped entirely (Or just pop up in the Imperial Guard with a sole Techpriest), with just fleshing out the main 5 factions in the first set and then maybe adding the latter 3 in a standalone. That or doing two small sets (One with IG+DEldar and the other with Necron+Nids) with both sets having some additional stuff for the base set. The Base set seems pretty solid as it is though.
>>
File: Exorcist Astartes.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Exorcist Astartes.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51307639
OK. So, have you made any of these cards yet, or what? Again, just want to say that if you ever get to a point where you're being constrained by this dual-color tribal system, not just on one card but many, you should really consider ditching it.

I would like to help with the set though. And I really hope you do stick with it.
>>
File: jadegolem.png (201KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
jadegolem.png
201KB, 250x355px
could the jade golem mechanic work in mtg?
>>
>>51307818
Translate it for me. And what does the Jade Golem look like?
>>
File: alliedreinforcements.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
alliedreinforcements.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
>>51307759
I have a few ideas in mind for cards, but nothing too concrete just yet. I really just wanted to focus on each faction's playstyle before brewing cards.

Was thinking of using pic related/Raise The Alarm as a basis for Drop Pods that create two 2/2 Marine tokens. It's a simple enough idea that it'd be dumb to not use it.
>>
>>51307863
Not that guy, but if I needed to translate the mechanic, it would be something like:

"Jade Golem - When x enters the battlefield, put a X/X Elemental token creature named " Jade Golem " on the battlefield, where X is the number of Jade Golems that entered the battlefield under your control this game plus one. "
>>
File: Glaring Spotlight.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Glaring Spotlight.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51307902
That does sound interesting. Maybe Drop Pod could be an artifact you sac to make Marine tokens? Though, 2/2? Seems weak. I think I'd want to make them at the least 3/3.

>>51307992
Hmm, that could work with some tinkering, but not the "this game" bit. Memory issues.

Anyway, new thread coming up.
>>
NT: >>51308146
>>
>>51273793
drowner of hope is kinda playable but displacer takes the cake
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.