[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ho-le-SHIT guys. I dun GOOFED. I was talking to my friends who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rogue trader.jpg (84KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
rogue trader.jpg
84KB, 500x650px
Ho-le-SHIT guys. I dun GOOFED. I was talking to my friends who only vaguely know about 40k, about this that and the other thing and how the universe is pretty much a decent ripoff mismash of the 80s. Somehow while talking about our last dnd session, they came to the conclusion that I should run a rogue trader campaign.

Here's the thing: I know the lore, and played the tabletop for 20 years, but I dont even own the book, and somehow am expected to run a game next sunday. Tried to say I dont even have the book, but all of them chipped in and bought the book on the spot.

How similar is it to tabletop rules?

If you were talking to someone, say on the internet, and did not want to waste a lot of fucking time, what are the 3 things you wish you knew about the game when you start/mistakes you made.

TLDR any advice on how to run rogue trader appreciated. Also how it work?
>>
>>51215741
1. Not really similar to the tabletop at all.

2. Your friends bought you an Out of Print book that goes on eBay for several hundred because retards give them those prices? Be grateful, anon.

3. It's a D100 roll under system, which means that you roll 2d10 and try to get a value that is lower than your stat. Most characters will have stats between 20-40 at the beginning of character creation.

4. Ask the 40k RPG general, they know more about Rogue Trader than I, as I own Only War.
>>
>>51215741
>Bought the book
>When they aren't being printed anymore
Just how much did that cost you?

>Buying the book when /40krpg/ gen exists
>>
>>51215807
is it really worth that much, its been sitting in the stores bargain bin for years. is there a more up to date version?

Oh god, d100. I am getting bad rifts flashbacks. Is there a boxing skill everyone will abuse and take somehow granting them extra shots with their guns?
>>
>>51215822
see
>>51215828
>>
>>51215828
I don't think so. You could probably find an official FAQ or two, but you'r egoing to have to pirate the rest of the books, since all FFG GW RPG books have been out of print for more than a year.

I dunno, but shooting is a half action that can only be performed once per turn, with seperate firing modes giving you bonuses or penalties to firing. Though, with Rogue Trader being one of the earlier ones, it might have the broken version where it didn't have as much penalties for full-auto, and extremely OP Bolters.
>>
>>51215828
This will give you a good crash course on the system: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rogue_Trader_(RPG)

All your supplements can be found in digital on /40krpg/. It's a good system, though I like the more gritty Dark Heresy myself. Gear is everything, as with most FFG games. Enjoy!
>>
>>51215882
RT era firing modes were 0/+10/+20 for single shot/semi auto/full auto. I don't think human-sized bolters ever use more than two d10s per damage roll (including Tearing in that assumption).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.