[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character Brainstorming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Average Gestalt Character.jpg (627KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Average Gestalt Character.jpg
627KB, 1080x1080px
I've been in a longrunning and high power dnd 3.5 Faerun campaign for a long time now. However, my character is getting a bit stale. Most of what she can do is done better by others and I'm looking to go for deeper roleplaying with a new one.

So, basically, I'd like some help brainstorming a new character for the campaign and maybe I can help others in return.

For character creation details...
>DnD 3.5
>Faerun Setting
>Gestalt
>Free +1 LA for use with fancy races or templates.
>All published content is fair game, including Dragon Magazine.
>Homebrew is allowed on a case by case basis.

The party already has a Psionic, a Sorcerer/Crusader that specializes in AoO's and tripping, a dual wielding Initiator of some kind/Bard, and a Warblade/Master of Styles specializing in tanking and hitting hard.

The party could use someone sneaky/skilled, but beyond that pretty much all the bases are covered.
>>
>>51212965
>Faerun

Well, you've got the benefit of Liches with some of their older Salient abilities from Van Richten's Huide to Liches converted, constant threat from the cult of the dragon, underdark, Thay and Zhents to worry about most of the time.

All sorts of stuff you can do, here's all the fucking content ever, and a means to browse the DM magazines.

https://dnd.rem.uz/Dragon%20Magazine/251-300/
http://www.aeolia.net/dragondex/

Also, if it's available for evil PC's, then I might be able to help further.

Just be aware that a Lich merged with an Elder Brain is the most powerful person in that setting I think.

Third party content would be limited, but something like a modern adaption of the 2e Wild magic tables, the stuff on Thaumaturgy in d20, and that one prestige class for Warlocks that's oriented around necromancy might be fair game.
>>
>>51213098
Wow, thanks! That'll be really helpful.

Evil characters are allowed, but they'd have to be willing to abstain from open villainy and cooperate with the saving the world actions of the party.

Necromancy could be fun to try. I've mostly stuck with the brighter side of magic in all I've done.
>>
But, for a series of available options:

Oozemaster/Thrall of Juiblex/Cleric of Ghaunadaur/Slime Lord PrC combinations fpr maximum shapeshifting shoggoth mode (polymorph into gibbering mouther as a level 10 oozemaster with additional benefits of Thrall of Juiblex on the side)

Pillar men:
Prc comepdium's two sweet ass PrC's that allow for total bone control or Biologicla function cotrol + vampirism

Tzeentch:
Nagpa template + Wild mage and possibly the spellcasting Prc that makes anything you say audible shitposting, and way to become an outsider (or take a trip to the far realm) As for getting the Nagpa template, refuse magic alot, hoard shit and break a magical item so no one can use it if you get in an argument, and then you're a fucking Lord of change.

Classic jester:
Rework of the 2e jester and the 3.5 PrC which relates to the Forgotten Realms Jester's who at level 20 could draw what the fuck they want from a deck of many things to fuck some shit up, and cast Power Word kill as a joke so no one would notice, and earn performance money from fucking deities.

Alienist (use an online rework that uses that bloodborne like insight system)
And fuck up every and all forms of summoning spells with your trippy connection to the far realm

Dread Necro 10, Pale Master 10, one of the Dark Magi Necromancy base classes (Fleshcrafter, SoulStealker or Death walker) or the one that lets you stich flesh onto yourself PrC and True Necromancer a shit.

See the following threads:
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2733.0
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?214212-Reanimated-Dread-Necromancer-Handbook
>>
Or, you could go Commoner 1 Dread Necromancer 19, and pick the Commoner Starting flaw which gives them a pig that will always be max carry weight, but if the pig is dropped, it summons fucking Orcus, who promptly skins your ass alive.

As a Dread Necro 19, this may be abusable with an additional party present.
>>
Vermin Lord PrC + Worm that Walks is also a good combo, you're a double Hivemind Aberration that probably prompts a size category increase, though preparation for the Worms that Walks stage is the pain in the ass part:

The following qualities go into creating the designated burial grounds for a worm that walks (or at least cheapening and increasing success to the GM)
>Area has a present Necromantic Intelligence (Must take precautions to not rise as any other undead due to the influence of this entity) and had undead wandering around
>Area has a haunting
>Area is based in a place of decay, a graveyard works, but the ideal place would be a swamp or marsh home to a graveyard, or even better, an abandoned place of worship to a Demon Lord or Evil deity, or an active one in these locations, (These have contributing environmental factors to the birth of undead, and are a possible requirement in Lich Rituals)
>Area has been subject to a large loss of life (I.E paladins/adventurers rolling in to evil temple and killing everything in sight, no burials)
>Area is frequent to rain and is often highlighted by moonlight, Moonlight is involved in a large number of evil rituals or rituals alone as magic is stronger at the time for cosmological reasons, involing Mystran as Selune, but also Shar and other stuff, Rain is for worms

Now then, in regards to preparation in this ideal environment and ecology:
>>
File: 1354554307105.jpg (687KB, 1737x1587px) Image search: [Google]
1354554307105.jpg
687KB, 1737x1587px
>>51213491
>Setting the burial ground, and applying illusions, wards and active mind-affecting spells to go off to get people to avoid the area so they don't disturb the resting place
>Creating minions that will sew meat into the ground in the place your buried over a yearly period
>Drinking nothing but milk and eating dairy on the day you kill yourself and bury yourself underground, Speeds up decay, initially, you may want to give yourself an enema of milk as a bonus, but you might rot away before the worms can get to you and feat on your evil magical energies (12 month lasting rotting is reduced to 6 months

The primary idea is burying yourself in a place of supreme evil, attracting worms to fresh healthy soil, creating minions to oversee your burial and maintenance, and lastly dying. In truth it's really something of a gardener's job next to a magical ritual. And of course, the burial pot preparations with blood and meat, and having a full uncast spellbook (to increase ones chances, wear nothing but spellslot increasing equipment)

On the subject of random Worms that walk, it's strongly possible they may be caused by the purging of evil cults and sects to evil, simply left to rot of their own accord, situations like these may result in Spawn of Kyuss at lower levels though.

Oh right, worms that walk are aberrations, not undead. This is down to the fact that they're based on something from a Hastur story in which a chapel to the yellow king was full of wizards that weren't cremated and their magical energies brought them back in that fashion.
>>
>>51213507
And the rest of the preparation involved in the ritual, but hey, You're becoming a horrible collective with a feature that isn't even classed as a template according to the BOVD so it's a plus for you.

If you slapped on necropolitan and became an undead Aberration hivemind, then grats, you qualifiy for swarmshifter, so you could take that too and become that fucked up Deity eating thing from that one online story.
>>
>there are still people who specialize in breaking 3.5
>>
>>51213282
>>51213384
>>51213491
>>51213507
>>51213541
This all sounds baller as hell. However, I don't want to end up dragging out fights by having a gajillion undead minions. Is there anything that could minimize it to having 1 or 2 super undead to command, or without using minions at all?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.