[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not crossplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: HarkKnave.jpg (25KB, 302x235px) Image search: [Google]
HarkKnave.jpg
25KB, 302x235px
So I just done goofed and after an awkward wish got my male character turned into a woman.
I don't mind playing a girl for a session, maybe two, but I'm really not comfortable playing a woman.

Am I buzzkill if I just ask the DM to kill my character in an IC approved way within a session or two?
>>
>>51207764
Details, anon.
>>
>>51207764
Roleplay the character's decent into depression and eventual suicide
>>
I'd roll with it initially but on the condition that it does not become sexual, weird, gay, that guy-ish. I'd give one chance to let them know the boundary then politely leave after.
>>
>>51207764
I don't think you're a buzzkill. RPGs are a cooperative storytelling game, and should be fun for everyone involved. If you're not having fun, it's good to inform the DM sooner rather than later. Don't ask him to kill your character straight off the bat, just say you don't feel comfortable playing a girl.
>>
>>51207830
This
>>
You are being a buzzkill. Instead of playing the character trying to change back or whatever you're just trying to get it killed and replaced
>>
>>51207778
>Be me
>Playing a halfling rogue coward
>The party ends up in the home of a kindly grandmother
>She's super sweet, and after a bit of talking with the party members started offering up services
>Her implied powerlevels kept rising with every word we exchanged
>Our fighter got restored to pre-deadpool skin, and now looks like a real human bean in exchange for his first born
>Our kobold rolled shit and didn't get his chance to start on the path of becoming a dragon. (For as far as we know)
>Rest of the party asked small shit
>My character asked to no longer be able to walked over
>DM did a random table of morphs
> I rolled a 1, twice
>I'm now playing a high-elf female

Feck.

>>51207830
:^)

>>51207992
It's not so much sexual or anything but it just feels kinda wrong. As much as I try not to self insert, there's always a certain level.
>>
>I don't like CHARACTER
>I want to kill CHARACTER to switch

Why the fuck do people do this instead of, you know, just retiring and switching?
>>
>>51208281
>Why the fuck do people do this instead of, you know, just retiring and switching?
Cause people still play DnD and DnD teaches shit player logic.
>>
>>51208275
>It's not so much sexual or anything but it just feels kinda wrong. As much as I try not to self insert, there's always a certain level.

I guess that is the point, if you don't feel anything from it there is no impact of the character. The fact that you feel wrong is, as strange as it sounds, probably the point of it. You are now a stranger inside your own body.

As long as it is short-term roll with it, see what becomes of it.
>>
>>51208365
This fucker gets it.

GM is doing their job well, which is to make it feel uncomfortable with the change. You need to realize that and keep going.

Basically stop being afraid of change and have some fun. Stop having fucking Ramen noodles every night. Get out there and kill a man!
>>
>>51208281
I was so stuck in stupid play 'till death cycles I didn't even think about it. Might even make it a bit of a joke and turn her into the homekeeper of the group base.

>>51208365
>>51208491
It was on a random role table so it wasn't so much intended by the DM as just "fuck you actually rolled 2 1's?!"
But heck, I'm not too invested in the character. And I just really don't feel chill with playing a chick, I'm a boring conservative white guy. This is free immersion in a way, as you said, but even then I don't think I'd have a lot of fun RPing a woman. Wether it's good RP or not aside.
>>
Have the character retire to find themselves or request a quest to attain your original form or some shit. Possible story hook?
>>
>>51207830
DESU I like this. Show the characters genuine gender dysphoria and unhappiness. Or just yknow, let them know how you feel so they know to keep this stint short
>>
>>51207764
I would rather ask for a quest to change back done in a few sessions.
Asking to be killed just because you don't feel like playing a girl is a bit entitled towards all other players and DM, as the death of a playable character and the introduction of a new one is almost always disruptive shit. (Let's forgot our friend of many years and bound in a few days with a stranger ! so bad if the character was important for the plot)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.