[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys make descriptions for the rooms of your dungeons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: speaker[1].jpg (19KB, 289x180px) Image search: [Google]
speaker[1].jpg
19KB, 289x180px
Do you guys make descriptions for the rooms of your dungeons and areas, BBEG speeches and so forth, to read out loud for your players, or do you just keep a few notes and do them on the fly?
>>
File: 20160219_gmtips_107_feature.jpg (270KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
20160219_gmtips_107_feature.jpg
270KB, 970x545px
I do everything like him because he is the best.
>>
>>51207029
You go it right.
Also steal from published materials and the novels and other media that you read and like a lot.
The more media you consume, the bigger the pool of fiction you can pull from to make your own.
>>
>>51207029
A bit of both depends on the game and who I'm playing with.
>>
>>51207029
I little of both.

Players usually go off in random directions on a whim, so too much planning is an exercise in frustration.

I typically design plots and encounters that can take place regardless of where the party goes and wing the rest.
>>
>>51207029
The fuck is a BBEG?
>>
>>51207808
Big Bad Evil Guy.

You're not some autist bothered by that, are you?
>>
>>51207808
Big
Bad
Evil
Guy
Lurk
Moar
>>
>>51207889
>>51207976
What is that. Why is he giving speeches.
>>
>>51208499
Why are you such an autist bothered by this?
>>
File: 12vayne2.jpg (26KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
12vayne2.jpg
26KB, 600x358px
>>51208499
Why do you think?
>>
>>51207029
I plan the generalities, with some more specifics if I have the time.

However I've been GM'ing on the seat of my pants for years, and it's rarely let me down.
Let's me give my players more of what they want, when I don't have to ditch plans.
>>
>>51208612
Why is anyone listening to someone who is a big bad evil guy.

Also, that guy isn't very big.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.