[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trpgs for yugioh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

So I've heard people compare the Duelist kingdom saga's way of card games to basicly being a table top rpg, thats played with cards instead of a character sheet. So I was wondering, are there any trpgs out there that could be used to emulate how the duels worked in the early yugioh series? And if Kazuki takahashi took inspiration from table top games, does anyone know which ones those were? Loved all the crazy stuff they pulled off in the earlier series that they just don't do anymore in the modern anime series.
>>
>>51206974
You would need a system that had solid summoning mechanics. I've personally used Anima to good effect, but I'm sure that can't be the only system with good summoning mechanics.

For Kaz's tabletops, he was inspired primarily by D&D. I think Bakura even plays a knockoff of D&D for an arc of the original manga. In general, most of the manga's games are real games (Clock Solitare) or games that are crude and made up on the spot (the infamous Finger game; the Rope game in the first episode). Duel Monsters was a weird exception where he wanted an arc about MtG but WotC told him to fuck off, so he made his own card game.
>>
Millennium Blades is going to be what you're looking for pretty soon OP. At the moment it's just a really unusual board game, representing not the actual playing of TCG's but the whole experience of participating in one, with deck building, buying and selling on the aftermarket and building relationships with other players being just as important as the actual tournament phases.

However, they're soon going to release a full set of roleplaying rules for the game, including whacky shit like letting you include a card from any other game in your deck. Could be the ace of spades, could be your favourite MtG or YGO card, whatever. You and your GM come up with rules for what it does.

It looks to be very silly but very funny, and I really hope they make the roleplaying rules as fun as the base game.
>>
>>51207906
OP wanted a system that could emulate how Duelist Kingdom's duels operated, not the mechanics of actually playing a card game.

Please read before you shill.
>>
>>51208111

And I offered him a system that could emulate the way they operated, in terms of themes, style and focus more on the characters and their signature cards than actual gameplay. Based on his requirements I can't think of a better recommendation.
>>
>>51207906

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind for the future. could be fun to try out.

>>51207840

I've heard of that one, it has mechanics for a wide variety of anime themed sessions. What kind of setup did you use for your sessions?
>>
>>51208235
>What kind of setup did you use for your sessions?
We all used Summoners or Warrior-Summoners to play, and used individual cards as summons that could fight and act for us. If it came to an actual match, we'd play it out as if it were an actual game. If the field made sense for our monster(s) to have an advantage on, they'd get an advantage (whether that was raw statistics or some tactical advantage was up to the GM and varied by cirucmstance).

The GM had us in some sort of semi-edgy post-apoc setting, but the setup can work in other settings as well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.