[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my campaign (Lost mines of Phandelver) a young green dragon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Green_dragon_Wyrmling.jpg (84KB, 568x565px) Image search: [Google]
Green_dragon_Wyrmling.jpg
84KB, 568x565px
In my campaign (Lost mines of Phandelver) a young green dragon got hold of a human rogue and a halfling wizard.

PCs were exploring ruins of a village in which this dragon lived. Local druid asked them to chase away this dragon and they attacked it. Result: fighter and ranger dead, bard on the run in the forest and mentioned rogue and wizard caught by the dragon.

Now. I've read from dragons description that green dragons likes subordinates to gain more power. Which is all cool and well but with a few questions: How can green dragon ensure loyalty of mentioned rogue and wizard? How can dragon use them to further his power? (It's Faerun/standard DnD setting)

thanks
>>
Sex
>>
Drugs.
>>
>>51200055
Explosive (magical) collars.
>>
>>51200091
You had ONE JOB, asshole.
>>
>How can green dragon ensure loyalty of mentioned rogue and wizard
You can't, really, they're players.
Of course if you know what the characters want, then it could happen, but there's really no guarantee the players will remain faithful servants of a dragon.
>>
>>51200079
>>51200086
I guess Rocn n roll is third.

>>51200091
Its not an ancient caster with 30 levels in wizard. Has mundane tools only, sadly. I guess corruption could also be a way. Like slowly poisoning them with drugs untill they go insane.

>>51200100
Yeah my thoughts too.
>>
>>51200055
>How can green dragon ensure loyalty of mentioned rogue and wizard?
Arrogance. "If you run away I'll find you and melt the flesh from your bones!

Trickery. " I have taken a lock of your hair each, and bound it to me. Disobey or displease me, or if I die, your lives will be snuffed out." (no spell is cast)

Assistance. "My sprite familiar will follow you. If it strays too far, dies or you disobey me, it will explode, killing you both."
>>
>>51200126
>Trickery. " I have taken a lock of your hair each, and bound it to me. Disobey or displease me, or if I die, your lives will be snuffed out." (no spell is cast)

Omg this is brilliant. Also sprite thing. Great.
>>
>>51200055
Well whats the dragons alignment?
What are the players alignment?

Their are multiple different ways to play it such as through a silver tongue, offering to pay them with gold,housing,and food or everthing in>>51200126
>>
>>51200275
OP here.

Dragon is NE. Players mostly TN or NG.
>>
>>
>>
>>51201043
In MMV for 3.5 they had 'The Great Game', Xorvintaal. This was a lifelong competition between dragons and they could recruit being to be 'exarches'. If they followed the dragon they got a certain amount of power but it could only be renewed by the dragon in a special ceremony- which it would perform only if they pleased it and completed whatever tasks it required to advance in the great game.
>>
>>51200055
Turn into a female humanoid and demand they take her on adventure!
>>
Somehow my players were able to kill that dragon without getting close to dying. They kept rolling high while I (DM) rolled horribly EVERY. SINGLE. TURN. Towards the end I even fudged it and gave the dragon extra HP.

When my players first came up with the idea of killing it, I warned them that they were level 3 and this was a dragon. One of them literally knocked on the tower door to get his attention, dragon perched on the top of the tower. Player YOLO'd and threw a fireball mid conversation and missed.
After the battle was over everyone was like "lol you said it'd be tough!"

Now the players have the false impression that their good luck will carry them into future battles. I plan on wrecking their shit with some legendary creature at some point.
>>
>>51200055
Green dragons enjoy corrupting the good in creatures. If you really want to play a green dragon the way they're supposed to be played in FR, you need to let the green dragon get the players to do things OF THEIR OWN VOLITION.

Example. Your players will be distrustful of the green dragon, for good reason, and the green dragon is not stupid. He will do things to gain their trust through deceptive measures. Look up how cult leaders or psychopaths talk to people they look down upon. They will pretend to give up leverage that they were never intending on using, or offer pittance in rewards for minor acts. They are shrewd negotiators and will never walk away from a deal unsatisfied. They use brute force to BACK UP their conniving deals. It's an insult and honestly lazy to have them make bold threats. Get the dragon to pit them against their former party. It's not hard. In a matter of fact, it's far easier than trying to have them be threatened by a creature.

Don't be lazy. Dragons are half the title of the game. If you're going to RP for anything, do it for a dragon. And seriously don't gyp your players out of their experience with a dragon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.