[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Champions of the Demiurge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: insidelooksbrighter.jpg (587KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
insidelooksbrighter.jpg
587KB, 1920x1200px
The rough idea in gnosticism is that matter is bad and inferior to the spiritual and the Demiurge is a tyrannic false creator.
In gnostic settings we generaly play as those who have seen the "true" and then want to liberate themselves but what about the opposite ?

For example, what about the perspective of a group of protagonists chosen by the Demiurge* to protect reality against invaders from outside it and those inside who want to burn it down so they can escape ?

How could Nmages-like figures, illuminated liberators and celestial beings from the spiritual world be seen in a negative light ?

What about subverting the usual themes of gnostic protagonists ?

How could the most common gnostic cosmologies be subverted ?

*Maybe because they were qualified for the job, maybe because they are extremy hylics and so extremely difficult - or at least they are mentally very "material" in some ways.
Maybe in the cave instead of looking at the light they touched the cave where the light was projected and discovered some truth to it while the gnostics and beings from outside are blind to it.
>>
>>51199645
That was basically KULT's stick as I remember.
>>
>>51199645
Gnosticism is backwards Christianity. If you want to subvert gnostic ideas just play straight Christian ideals.
>inb4 heretics pretend Gnosticism is true
>>
>>51199645

>Scientific Materialism

"There is nothing real except what you can see and touch and others can verify objectively. Any claim otherwise gets you sent to the asylum."
>>
>>51200618
>>51200618
this. OP is actually making a real world.

Why you have to fight spiritual persons when you can just
a)mock them as being ignorant, portray them as such on all media and implant this idea on people's cosmology
b)use religions to channel all spiritual interests into a nonsense, energy-consuming circus

Straight out matrix-style fighting would attract attention over the matter, which would be contraproducent.
>>
>>51199645
I think the best way to try and answer this question is to ask yourself who these Invaders are, and why the Demiurg thought that making our material reality would protect our spiritual selves from them.

Once you answer that things get easier, otherwise its like others in the thread have already posted.

I myself, from reading up a bit on Gnosticism, got a bit of a cosmic horror vibe from it all; the Monad, or prime divinity being a remote divinity strikes me as the kind of benevolent, yet indifferent opposite to the uncaring universe set in lovecraftian horror.

But then again its like 6am here and I've had little sleep. I could be talking out of my ass.
>>
>>51200898
>b)use religions to channel all spiritual interests into a nonsense, energy-consuming circus
But that's what they're already doing, the whole "escape from material universe" shit is just cover for grabbing massive amounts of energy on the way.
>>
>>51203056
>>51203056
>the whole "escape from material universe" shit is just cover for grabbing massive amounts of energy on the way.

All true wisdom comes from oneself. If you don't follow a religion blindly and challenge your beliefs constantly on a healthy basis you will be ok.

Meditation is something you can do by yourself, you don't need holy books or gurus, you just some time and some honesty with oneself.

I'm not a gnostic myself, I don't even know anything beyond their basic wikipedia first paragraph; I'm just pointing that organized religion is like watching a magazine ad of a pasta bowl and then starting to eat magazine ads because that pasta bowl looks so good.
>>
>>>/x/
>>
File: 6e6UFLc.png (584KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
6e6UFLc.png
584KB, 1400x2700px
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.