[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BEES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Giant BEEEEE.jpg (27KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
Giant BEEEEE.jpg
27KB, 400x249px
Okay, so in 3.5, i was wondering if there was a way to summon bee swarms on people. Or enchant arrow's that summon bee's on people. Or any other sort of bee related shenanigans.

Stories for bee/wasp related shenanigans also welcome.
>>
File: Bee fighter.jpg (50KB, 350x286px) Image search: [Google]
Bee fighter.jpg
50KB, 350x286px
>>51194592
Shit, i forgot to mention that i need a way that works by RAW.
>>
File: Bee friend.png (944KB, 892x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Bee friend.png
944KB, 892x1021px
>>
File: BEEEES.jpg (165KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
BEEEES.jpg
165KB, 600x619px
>>51194592
And before anyone says anything, yes, i know.

>3.5

Its what my group is using for right now. If there's a method for this kinda thing in shadowrun, though, i'd take that too.
>>
>>51194592
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
the only thing that comes to mind for me using just the RAWs would be creating a demiplane of bees and using portals to that demiplane to either unleash bees or transport people to your plane of unlimited bees.

>3.5
what? it's the best version of dnd.
>>
I haven't touched 3.5 in a while, but I'm pretty sure summon swarm is a core spell for druids at least. Also I think there's some prestige class based on wildshaping into swarms
>>
>>51194779
Unlimited Bee Works...

My God.
>>
>>51194804
This.
>>
>>51194779
You, are a fucking genius.

Also, 3.5 gets a great deal of flack on /tg/ for various reasons.

>>51194804
i read summon swarm, but that seemed to name bats, rats, and spiders specifically. i suppose you could have the GM rework it to work with bee's though.
>>
>>51194836
Child of Winter feat

http://alcyius.com/dndtools/feats/eberron-campaign-setting--12/child-of-winter--339/index.html

Get your swarms to Beehave and go mad summoning more swarms with Summon Natures Ally.
>>
File: motherofgod.png (19KB, 421x315px) Image search: [Google]
motherofgod.png
19KB, 421x315px
>>51194932
>>
File: bees at their hive.jpg (537KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
bees at their hive.jpg
537KB, 750x500px
Okay, so we've got bee swarms covered.

Next on the agenda is how to summon giant bee's.
>>
File: bee on a flower.jpg (12KB, 236x352px) Image search: [Google]
bee on a flower.jpg
12KB, 236x352px
>>51195157
A way to produce giant bee's is also welcome. Magic will be involved either way, but if its easier to make a regular bee giant than it is to simply summon a giant one, thats also fine.
>>
>>51195157
"Amber Amulet of Vermin" in the Magic Items Compendium is probably one of the cheaper magic items and depending on which type you could summon a giant bee or wasp. Outside of that I wouldn't be shocked if there's some way to make one your animal companion or something, but I'm not aware of any way
>>
>>51195376
I've actually been trying to find a way to get vermin as animal companions. So long as thats a thing, a giant bee is an actual thing, medium sized, and ready to be companion'd.
>>
>>51195419
Well with no level adjustment and 3 hit dice it might somehow be valid as a paladin mount without any penalty, but I don't think animal companion is on the table. IIRC the alternative paladin mount rules are buried somewhere in the DMG though so I've never really looked that closely at them
>>
>>51195812
Oh, and with a strength of 11 and medium size it could probably only be a mount to a halfling.
>>
>>51194836
yeah, I wish the 3.5 hate would die. I'm running a campaign of 5e right now for the first time, and me and my players have been disappointed about most of the changes, though some are interesting. I really like the warlock class, for example. kindof sad how much hate 3.5 gets, I think it makes things more fun for the players a lot of the time than 5e does.

>>51195157
this is part of why I splash dnd with the dwarf fortress setting, it makes things perfect. basically any conceivable creature has a giant version and a humanoid version, unless something has caused it to go extinct. it wouldn't be unlikely to see an elf mounting a giant bee at some point in such a setting, though I think a giant wasp would be a more sensible mount.
>>
>>51195812
>>51195835
Well, its advancement table does say a giant bee gets large at about 7 hit die, so theoretically you could get one around level 6 ish that would be rideable.

Its more a matter of how do you tame a giant bee. Children of winter helps, but it doesn't do anything for animal companion.

>>51195867
Its mostly a meme at this point, the hate.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.