[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>God of the Black Death How would you imagine him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: deathpic.gif (89KB, 403x229px) Image search: [Google]
deathpic.gif
89KB, 403x229px
>God of the Black Death

How would you imagine him?
>>
File: scary skrelton.gif (3MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
scary skrelton.gif
3MB, 230x173px
>>51189656
vry scarey
>>
>>51189656
a cop
>>
>>51189656
>God of the Swine Flu
How would you imagine him?
>>
>>51189774
nice edge
>>
>>51189656
black and deadly
>>
>>51189656
Like Nurgle, but an asshole and with more Rats and Flies.
>>
Or just, yknow. Nurgle
>>
>>51189872
So exactly like Nurgle
>>
He's always dansing macabre, and blowing a trumpet in people's faces, overall very obnoxious.
>>
Bringer of the Renaissance. Liberator of the serfs.
>>
>>51189656
My first question would be "why not a general god of diseases?". Then I imagined that there would be a god of diseases, and that the god of the black death would be one of his subordinates. His most feared subordinate, but a subordinate nonetheless. Much like how the god of water would have multiple subordinates governing the oceans, the rivers, the lakes, individual bodies of water, tap water etc.

>>51189799
See above, but he'd probably be more of a trickster who enjoys seeing farmers suffer.
>>
File: Pesta.jpg (14KB, 316x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pesta.jpg
14KB, 316x400px
I had heard in Norway the Black Death came as an old woman called Pesta, meaning plague. She would come either with a rake or a broom. If she came with the former, some folk would live, but if she came with the latter no one would survive.
>>
>>51189656
Take a look at Breugel and Hieronymus Bosch. That's what comes to mind.
>>
>>51189774
Lol
>>
>>51189656
>>God of the Black Death
>
>How would you imagine him?
a few different ways.

a menial worker like a janitor who needs to clean up humans as his "day job". utterly uncaring for the suffering but annoyed that he has to work.

a man holding scales. reminding the world that all are equal before death.

a shepard who needs to send people to some afterlife because they are a resource being used by someone who rules there

a jolly skellie with a trumpet, eternally dancing the dance macabre, life is meaningless so why not just dance?
>>
>>51189656

I always imagine the skelly with a scythe desu. But ive always thought a kindly old man (maybe in black) who talks you through your life could be done well but im not creative enough
>>
>>51189656
...and he loves 7-Up, the Un-Cola
>>
>>51189656
Abrahamic God. Very angry.
>>
>>51189656
>In a fantasy or early civilization setting up through renaissance era developments.
He looks like the things that come with him, for in their minds they don't understand the microbes intoxicating their flesh and ruining their bodies. They see plague doctors with long beaked masks covered in scented oils meant to ward the disease away. He looks like rats and rodents emaciated with the same affliction they bear, bits of their bodies already bitten away in their feebleness. He looks like dying loved ones, family homes emptied. He sounds like desperate church hymns uncertain sobs and hacking coughs.

If you should ever meet this entity, this manifestation of the Black Death in person, you will not see an individual. You will see all the things that it Is, Creates, And Causes. Visions of its passing, of its victims, and of its eventual intents should it have any.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.