[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 204.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Hey fa/tg/uys, tourist here. I'm trying to put together a Viashino tribal deck for casual kitchen table play and I'd love some thoughts on how to unfuck it. Apologies in advance if I'm breaking etiquette, I don't post here a lot.

Also MtG casual/Vorthos thread I guess!

I've been reading old pre-revision books and I really enjoyed The Prodigal Sorcerer, which is the novel that created the Viashino. Said lizard dudes also happen to be my favorite tribe, so in a fit of nostalgia I went out and bought a bunch of them to try and make a deck out of. But it was on a whim rather than with any real kind of plan so it's just a mess of vaguely related cards. Also I really dislike all the Ravnica and later idiotic-brutal-savage-basically-just-bigger-goblins Viashino, so I'm trying to avoid using them. I'm sort of going with an equipment theme to fill the holes since Weatherlight-era Viashino were master smiths running the Mana Rig and that just seems fluffy and flavorful to me.

Decklist to follow....
>>
File: hivis.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
hivis.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>51185583
Here's what I've got:

20x Mountain
1x Zirilan of the Claw
1x Hivis of the Scale
1x Draco
1x Dragon Mage
1x Dragon Tyrant
1x Anarchy
1x Sword of Light and Shadow
1x Shivan Harvest
1x Spellbinder
1x Magnetic Theft
2x Thunder-Thrash Elder (looking to replace)
2x Skullclamp
2x Lightning Greaves
2x Spark Elemental
2x Aether Vial
2x Claws of Gix
3x Chaos in the Ranks
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Viashino Sandscout
4x Viashino Sandstalker
4x Whispersilk Cloak

So as you can see the plan is an aggressive early game with Sparks and Bolts, then to get Chaos in the Ranks out, jack the other guy's board with the boomeranging Viashino, prevent counter-jacking with Lightning Greaves, and use Claw of Gix to deny anything they'd want to grab that I'd think they could actually use against me (or just to get Skullclamp to trigger for some drawforce, or get rid of Chaos in the Ranks when I'm done with it). In theory Magnetic Theft would be there for combat tricks but though I bought a fuckton of Mirrodin block back in the day I only managed to find one so I'll probably be buying a playset of those. If the game drags on Zirilan provides an alternate win condition by tutoring in Dragon Tyrant and swinging for a billion damage, or Dragon Mage if I want a new hand, or Draco for style points. I probably want to grab some more Zirilans for consistency.
>>
>>51185597
>Draco
Why
>>
Remove all the equipment. It's expensive enough to cheat dragons in play let alone also equip them.
I don't understand what role the other viashino serve for the deck. Needs more mana sources and Conjurer's Closet
>>
>>51186213
Even the Greaves?

The Sandscout and Sandstalker boomerang at the end of the turn. With Confusion in the Ranks (not Chaos in the ranks, my mistake) this leads to me swapping those Viashino for the opponent's creatures, then returning the Viashino to my hand at end of turn. In theory, anyway.
>>
Is there another place I should be asking this?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.