[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Aether Revolt pre-release Sealed Draft Limited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 62

File: en_oaQIlbG3cC.png.jpg (42KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_oaQIlbG3cC.png.jpg
42KB, 265x370px
Are you planning to attend the pre-release for Aether Revolt tomorrow? I wasn't planning to but since all my other plans fell through I might as well go. What are some commons and uncommons to look out for? I haven't really looked at the set at all but this one was hard to miss.
>>
>>51185549
Don't know about specifics but I hear that Black, Green, and White are all pretty good for main colors with Blue being a pretty good splash.

Red seems kinda meh, which is suprising as I thought they would give them the good cards considering the theme of the set.
>>
File: AetherPoisoner.jpg (103KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
AetherPoisoner.jpg
103KB, 223x311px
>>51185658
Dunno about green and white but black looks pretty good. I hope I get few of these
>>
>>51185658
R&D doesn't give one fuck about thematic importance, the set Designers do, but at the end of the day R&D makes the fucking cards.

its honestly a little jarring how little fucks they have to give about what SHOULD be good in a set, for instance, no red/blue legendary instead, they made it a Planeswalker that is only good in wombo combo.

same goes for Ludivec in the COmmander decks, the importance of that man behind the scenes didn't matter to R&D.
>>
File: chrome_2017-01-13_18-29-38.jpg (214KB, 1274x719px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-01-13_18-29-38.jpg
214KB, 1274x719px
I've had the occasion to test the set on xmage ( both sealed and draft ) and honestly green is totally bonkers. It's easily the best color in this format by far. Very efficient creatures and insane rares.

I'm praying to the gods to open this tomorrow though. If I ever do, this will be by far the funniest sealed I will have ever played.
>>
File: naturalobsolescence.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
naturalobsolescence.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
>>51185549
>Are you planning to attend the pre-release for Aether Revolt tomorrow?
ye i will go, i don't expect much though.
I mostly collect MTG now just for the sake of collecting...
And if i don't get some decent pulls there will be no hope anyway.
I hope for some nice green/colorless pulls.
Pic related looks fun in these artifact centred times
>>
I will enjoy losing to this a lot.

(no I won't)
>>
>>51186985
god please let me pull at least one
>>
any good removals in this release?
not sure how i will get raped
>>
>>51187399
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/aether-revolt-removal-list

Not in Blue, at least.
>>
>>51187399
red and black have a wealth of removals at common/uncommon.
>>
>>51185549
>Are you planning to attend the pre-release for Aether Revolt tomorrow?
Yes. Don't know how hard I will get stomped though. Anyone have some general advice?
>>
>>51187810
use the color you have most removals with, support it with other color
>>
>>51187810
>general advice
have fun
>>
>>51186985
This will probably rape me as hard as that other train last pre-release.
>>
>>51187810

Make something stupid and gimicky, Sealed is all about having fun

I'm glad my store does flat prize structure, way too much variance for big prizes.
>>
>>51188124
Same, everyone and their mother had one except for me.
>>
>>51188105
Not necessarily, if anything i would go by mana curve, legit won me my KLD prerelease. Didnt drop a match, 2 one-drops, 5 two-drops, like 8 three-drops and 2 four-drops. Rest were noncreatures, like 3 removal spells.

Sealed is all about finding the most consistent deck in your pool, this set can be super splashy into three or four colors but i would probably take the two color consistent deck over flat power of a splash.

Tldr; Build the deck that most efficiently puts creatures at your opponent.
>>
>>51188455
>this set can be super splashy into three or four colors

for real, I keep seeing sealed pools with 3 or 4 pieces of fixing

there's not that much worth splashing for, though
>>
>>51188376
At least this one isn't common
>>
>>51188274
>I'm glad my store does flat prize structure
Welp, not at my store. Very competitive too (if draft nights are anything to go by)
>>
My store is always the same. 4-5 round of games (depends on the attendance), each win nets you one pack.
>>
>>51186148
I have a hard time imagining the disappointment I'd feel if the stars aligned to have jeskai be deep enough, the color fixing to support it, getting both halves of the combo, and then never being able to put it together in a single game throughout the entire tournament.
>>
>>51189534

yeah, all our prizes are super flat: it's more a taking part trophy

prerelease is 4-2-...-2 so even a magic newbie goes home feeling like they won something, draft tends to be 3-2-1-...-0-0-0, and even constructed is the same

It means there's not much to play for on the competitive side, but entry is cheap and there's no drama. Means people play a lot of funky decks as well.
>>
>>51185549

>tfw prerelease in 11 hours

To be quite frank, I'm kinda hyped this time.
>>
>>51190729
>To be quite frank, I'm kinda hyped this time.
anon you are so innocent
>>
>>51188705
just splash for removal :^)
>>
>>51190743
I legit forgot about prerelease happening at midnight.
I can barely focus on work I'm so excited.
>>
File: 1482517281676.jpg (48KB, 319x553px) Image search: [Google]
1482517281676.jpg
48KB, 319x553px
>>51190962
>I'm so excited.
ye i'm so excited to get stomped by new train as well.
It will be like last time, everyone but me got it, same for removals, i literally got 0(zero) on kaladesh.
i'm not optimistic for myself
>>
>>51190743

I've been playing this game since 7ed. Last year was like unending suffering. I had to suffer through zendikar redux and innistrad 2.0 (now with eldrazi). All of this shit made me skip the DESIGNATED prerelease (as I was afraid it could be another shitfest). This time the set really looks fun, so I decided to give it a try.
>>
>>51191178
on the sealed simulator i pull like greatest cards ever
>3 cruel finality
>2 shock
>Lathnu Hellion
>fucking cataclysmic gearhulk
yea i bet my real pulls will be soooo good...

try it yourself anon so you can be disappointed tomorrow
>>
>>51191215
forgot link
http://www.magicdrafting.com/aether-revolt-sealed
>>
>>51191232
this actually is better i think
http://mtgen.net/aer/
all i hope is to not get shit promo, please god, not useless card promo
>>
>>51191215

>on the sealed simulator i pull like greatest cards ever

Are you me anon? And then the best card you get is a fucking foil forest (happened to me during BFZ prerelease).
>>
Hah, just did a sealed simulator with 5 bombs in RG and an aetherworks marvel.

If only, if only...
>>
>>51191391
i can already see everyone and their mother getting consulate dreadnought/untethered express + aerial modification for my maximum salt

Last time i got like 2/2 creatures while fucking neckbeard landwhale had gearhulks crewing stompers.

I reached salt mine levels
>>
File: lolsealed.jpg (209KB, 1219x669px) Image search: [Google]
lolsealed.jpg
209KB, 1219x669px
Sealed is a serious format dependent on player skill.

Now excuse me as I play a turn 4 Aetherwind Basker

Someone is going to get a pool like this in real life, and it is not going to be me.
>>
What are some must-picks I should be on the look out for tomorrow? Any colors that are particularly strong?
>>
Least amount of hype I've had for a set in years. Will probably be skipping. There's just nothing interesting in it for me, and the story around the plane is pretty godamn generic and a dull iteration of the tropes it uses at that.
Vehicles are still neat though and more should have been done with energy.
>>
File: en_pd77pcrWpo.png (190KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_pd77pcrWpo.png
190KB, 265x370px
>>51191549
>pic related
>my simulated pull
i want to murder my pc because i know this will never ever happen
>>
File: crackoflightning.jpg (121KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
crackoflightning.jpg
121KB, 446x311px
You'll need another creature, but it's not impossible to see this.
>>
>>51191587
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfywygHEyVM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVSK48Rv2CA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwmZvj5n05U
check out those fags for fast info about cards
>>
>>51191670
so i can basically go 1000/1000 Crackdown Construct on turn 4?
k
>>
File: en_8m6TXD423m.png (192KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_8m6TXD423m.png
192KB, 265x370px
this simulator is such a funny thing
>pic related
oh i'm laffin'
>>
>>51191654
Just jumping back in after not using any spoilers for the set.
I'm assuming they're doing another set of "ultra mythics" this set around with old artifacts this time around instead of lands with this being the new cardface for those exclusives?
>>
>>51191762

They're called 'Masterpieces' and it's in every Standard set now.
>>
File: en_ZfKXxCKtAc.png (196KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_ZfKXxCKtAc.png
196KB, 265x370px
okay this simulator just makes me salty now, it's time to stop
this fucking pull
>>
>>51191776
I was afraid of that. Wonder what new rarity they'll make up in the next 10 years.

Anyway from reading the flavor texts it sounds like le ebul gubmint is finally cracking down on the not terrorists but it's ok because Tezz really wasn't just on vacation and seems to have attempted to open a planar portal, probably to New Phyrexia since that's where we last saw him.
>>
>>51191956
>New Phyrexia
i want this back
>>
>>51191956
No, it was a portal in time so he could dispose of a foolish samurai
>>
>>51191670
How does this combo work exactly? Do you just keep re-equipping it?
>>
>>51192622
seems like it cause equip costs nothing, as in it's not mana ability?
>>
>>51192676
Mana abilities seem to be abilities which create mana, not use it

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Mana_ability
>>
>>51192676

a mana ability is any activated ability that generates mana, and does not target
>>
So I've never played Magic before and I'm attending the prerelease. Any etiquette I should know about other than not smelling like shit?

I don't want to get booted for not following rules.
>>
File: 1483813065774.jpg (58KB, 432x291px) Image search: [Google]
1483813065774.jpg
58KB, 432x291px
>>51192736
i see...
but who cares i will pull shit anyway

>>51192761
prereleases are chill, just have fun mate.
It's really casual so you don't have much to worry about.
it tends to get longish so gets some food and drink.
Watch for your cards though, last prerelease we had some total faggot boasting how he stole some rare cards from people.
Hope life fucks him over
>>
>>51192761
You probably shouldnt. If this is your first time playing magic you will have no idea what is going on.
>>
File: mtg-deckbuilding-info-lg.jpg (130KB, 2020x1452px) Image search: [Google]
mtg-deckbuilding-info-lg.jpg
130KB, 2020x1452px
>>51192801
c'mon don't discourage him man

>>51192761
it's not that hard, just have fun.
Instructions how to build are in boxes and you can always ask judges/store clerks

pic related
>>
Our lgs owner just jacked the price of pre-release from 25$ to 30$

Unfortunately, he's the only one around, i'd have to drive an hour away.

Reason: "We don't make enough from pre-release sales."

Fuck this guy or no?

Don't know what the prize support is like. but he wants us to wake up for 9 am on a sunday.
>>
>>51192838

He didn't say he's never done Sealed before, he said he's never played Magic.

It's not exactly pick up and play, someone needs to teach you.
>>
>>51192761
uh do you know to build your deck atleast?

If so you'll be fine, i reccomend buying some sleeves on the way in if you have the cash\, they make shuffling WAY easier especially if youre not used to it, make sure to shuffle them up good.

also watch some pre-release primer videos if you have time I suggest the mana source's even if he is an autist
>>
File: 1478809266919.jpg (28KB, 220x524px) Image search: [Google]
1478809266919.jpg
28KB, 220x524px
>>51193036
well it's 10 am tomorrow here, for my place it's 20$ i think but i am eurofag.
Just go to as an experience, and we will probably share our stories on 4chin later at post prerelease thread.
Go and get some good cards and prerelease foil promo.
Good place to learn too since there will probably be many players.
It's going to be totally RNG since nobody know what they will pull from prerelease box, just do best deck out of what you pull and try to make best out of it.

>>51193066
bro like i said, there are judges and store clerks at the place so they are actually supposed to help and teach.
And if they are fags he can ask other players.
He should go, get experience and judge it himself
>>
>>51193036
That sucks lad, my LGS is 20$ no pre-sign up or anything. Prize suppourt is kinda meh but 20 dollars for 6 packs and a promo is solid anyway
>>
>>51193077
>also watch some pre-release primer videos if you have time
this

i posted some autists discussing cards so you can watch them here
>>51191698
>>
>>51193077
Not really but I take it they'll give me lands since I don't own any cards.

With these vehicles will I have to take a ratio of 2 creatures for every vehicle?

What are you going to run for vehicle to creature ratio?
>>
>>51193094
This shit caused me to rage sell my collection whenever oath was released. (mostly frontier stuff now)

Legit pull.
I died inside that day.

Never playing standard again because of that shit.
>>
>>51193162
>With these vehicles will I have to take a ratio of 2 creatures for every vehicle?

nonono, like, 2 vehicles in a deck
>>
File: 636190830051468444.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
636190830051468444.png
134KB, 223x311px
>>51193162
they provide lands but you have to return them after prerelease (at least here)
>>51193174
wow that's fucking unlucky
I don't play standard but i like to attend prereleases.
I just play comfy casual modern with friends.
I make shitty theme deck and have fun.
Last one i made is purely wolves and nothing else
Pic related is the worst promo you can get this time.
literal shit
>>
>>51193257

It would go fucking ace with his pulls though, puts Hedron Alignments just where you want them.
>>
>>51193162
Vechicles need to be crewed every turn so i wouldn't add too many of those unless you got some super strong combo
>>
>>51193162
they will have lands, try to stay in two colors, you want roughly 17 lands and 23 spells. Don't be afraid to ask for advice help it's super casual at pre-release
>>
File: 636192340369741624.png (192KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636192340369741624.png
192KB, 265x370px
>>51193280
ye but it creates salt when some fucking neckbeard fag pulls pic related next to you as his promo.
Or some planeswalker
>>
>>51193280
For about a month or so i laughed it up and said i'd make an entire foil modern hedron alignment deck complete with the deck box pictured.
date stamped and FNM promos if possible i thought.

Then I realized there was no possible deck that would make hedron alignment even close to playable.
>>
>>51193315
and yes, I am a neckbeard, but that is beside the point.
>>
>>51193379
>I am a neckbeard
you pull something good this prerelease and i will fucking rape you.
And if i get motherfucking Secret Salvage as my promo, i will implode into salt mine
>>
>be me
>into Hearthstone since launch
>slowly realize that Hearthstone is dying and Blizzard doesn't give a shit about it anymore
>decide to look into MTG
>looks actually really really neat, like something I could really get myself into
>do some research on where to begin a card collection
>decide to get two different Kaladesh Planeswalker deck sets so me and my roommate can play together
>go to local store to buy them
>find them, go to checkout
>cashier reminds me that there's a new expansion coming out soon and that I'm "wasting my time" with these
>starts quizzing me on what format I want to play
>throws out names of random expansions and cards that I have no idea about yet
>he proceeds to walk me through their entire catalog and strongly urges me to buy some expensive boosters from like five years ago
>I restate that I'm just looking to get into this with a buddy, nothing too serious yet
>he finally rings me up
>as I'm walking out he smirks and says, "next time you come, be a little better prepared and know what you're getting into"

This happened yesterday and I still haven't opened up my two decks. I feel like I shouldn't even get into the game if everyone is going to be this much of a douche. I understand that there's going to be elitists in every hobby, but is it really this bad? Do I just have to go along with it until I have every card memorized? Is this typical?
>>
>>51192622
Yes, you just re-equip it (or another creature) after you equip a second target, as you cannot equip a creature with shroud, which the boots grant.

Each activation triggers the construct.
>>
>>51193452
You're allowed to equip and unequip as many times as you want?
>>
>>51193447

Sounds like you just met a fucking asshole
>>
>>51193533
....Yes?
>>
>>51193533

It doesn't say you can't, so yes.

If the greaves didn't give Shroud, you could just keep using Equip on the same creature over and over.
>>
>>51193447
Your experience with Magic is entirely based on the people you play it with. It can either be the greatest game ever or douchey experience like you described.
>>
>>51193533
>>51193561

Sorry, to be more accurate, there is no such thing as 'unequip'

Equip is a keyword that reads like 'attach this equipment to target creature you control. do this only when you could cast a sorcery'

So you can move equipment from one creature to another, but not take it off.
>>
>>51193447
What you experienced is not common among shop owners (at least not where I've been) and it sounds like he should be fired for practically threatening you for being a patron to their establishment-

To be blunt, it would do the store some good for "suckers" to buy "bad product"- but there's nothing wrong at all with your decision, and the planeswalker decks are just fine for exploring some of the flavor of the game. Everything has value despite what the elitists or investors think, so long as you have fun with your friends.

Sorry about your experience, hopefully you still manage to enjoy the game; and good luck finding another shop if you do.
>>
File: wut.png (166KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
166KB, 265x370px
>stabbing yourself
>>
>>51193447
Yeah that's a shit fucking owner.

Don't go to neckbeard shops with loser owners. Find out the best reviewed in your town.
>>
>>51193549
So you just say "I equip this 100000000000 times?"

I thought turns would have a time limit or something.
>>
>>51193447
Seems like just trying to intimidate you.

Hearthstone is like a very simplified version of magic
The big differences are that instead of choosing targets to attack, you chose which creatures you want to attack with and then they all attack at once after opponent has declared blockers.

Sorcery spells are like the class spells you have and can only be cast during your turn,

Magic has something called instant spell which means you can cast it at virtually any time (i.e. during opponents turn to do something.)

You start at 20 instead of 30, however you can have as much life as your deck allows you to gain.

Sleeves are great investment, Ultra-pro are low quality, but quite cheap and will get the job done on a budget.
If your cards get scratched up nobody will want to trade or buy them from you.

Other than that have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCcXMwwHEcU&t=15s&ab_channel=TolarianCommunityCollege

This guy is a total beta dorkwad, but he does an excellent job at guiding new players through the experience, what to buy, what to avoid, and how to build decks for certain formats.

MTG is a game best played if you just dive in for a few games, then take a good look at it.
>>
>>51193447
>"next time you come, be a little better prepared and know what you're getting into"

Sounds like a cunt.

Buy some pre-built starter / intro decks online.

Or get you and your buddy to each buy a Kaladesh deckbuilders kit each. For the initial outlay you get a good splash of cards and some boosters. Then if you don't like it you can literally resell it to some new guy for about what you paid for it.
>>
>>51193447
I will say though, he is technically right about you wasting your time with the decks.

here for better explanation as to why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH3rF9GdBv0&ab_channel=TolarianCommunityCollege
>>
>>51193658

Yes, Magic allows you to shortcut actions after demonstrating it once, and proving the result is guaranteed.

Except on MTG Online because Hasbro is bad at computer
>>
File: 51GkOOr7StL.jpg (33KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
51GkOOr7StL.jpg
33KB, 265x370px
>>51193658
So long as you can alternate the targets as you can't equip the greaves to the creature it's equipping due to shroud, you can legally activate the equip cost X amount of times-

but that does not mean you physically have to move the card back and fourth to represent the action, just say "I activate this X times, combat phase- I swing for 48 quintillion" while he proceeds to block with a thopter.
>>
>>51193705
but if it's just for playing between two noobs it literally does not matter
>>
>>51193705
You can get years of value out of a $50 6000ct common/uncommon bulk box from ebay. Not everyone needs to get sucked into cyclic formats.
>>
>>51191956
>Wonder what new rarity they'll make up in the next 10 years.

If it makes you feel better, they're exclusively for reprints or cards already in the set, and they don't change format legality except for being legal in Limited when they're in your pool. So it's not quite the same as rarity, since they can't use it to hide new tournament staples.
>>
>>51193724
You have to be able to guarantee the outcome of each loop. It's an important distinction. See: Four Horsemen.
>>
>>51193257
That could actually be decent in Limited, and literally nowhere else. If you've got a bunch of copies of one good Common, it can give you some good consistency or help you out if you need some gas. That mana cost makes it still bad, but it's fringe playable in exactly the right pool.
>>
>>51193620
It was an accident
>>
File: 20170114_121640.jpg (7MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_121640.jpg
7MB, 5312x2988px
tfw pulled these at the midnight prereleaseand went 1-2
>>
Mine is on sunday, and despite knowing the owner has killed two people in the past, I will go because I expect to have fun or at least get something good for my edh decks. Also I can dump off my masterpiece to some fuck who cares about them
>>
>>51196621
We might need some context there
>>
>>51196839
I've posted it before. Owner had separate break-ins in 2003 and 2014, each time he stayed overnight the thugs came back and each time he shot and killed them. The owner is a nice guy though, he deals in more than just mtg and other tabletop games obviously but nothing nefarious
>>
>>51187005
theyre 99cents
>>
>>51196530
This prerelease is 6x Aether revolt?
>>
I would, but I want to watch the NFL playoffs.

t. normie
>>
>>51196944
Goddamn, the second round had to be fucking stupid. Rule 1 of burglary is do at least some cursory research on your target, and the first pack of idiots had to have been a goddamn legend by that point.
>>
>>51196530
Don't you only get 2 Aether Revolt packs plus a promo?
>>
>>51197441
4 AER 2 KLD and a promo
>>51197130
foil rares come with a normal rare
>>
>>51197486
Could be the lighting, but I only see one foil, and it's the promo.

Then again, 4 AER means it's possible and I therefore no longer care if somebody's telling the truth on an image board. A liar would probably have talked about a better record, anyway.
>>
>>51197561
yahenni's expertise is also foil
>>
File: 1474580498964.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474580498964.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51196530
>Promo renegade.
>>
>>51193447
looks like you met top tier piece of autistic faggot, people like him ruin game
>>
Mine is starting in an hour. I'll post my crappy pulls if I get the time.
>>
File: Aether Revolt Prerelease.jpg (718KB, 1901x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Aether Revolt Prerelease.jpg
718KB, 1901x1067px
Results from my prerelease sans basic lands. I know I'm a shit deckbuilder so don't bully please.

Went 2-1 because of mana screw in the second match. Prize pack pulls at the bottom.

I think I was the only one at the tournament to pull a masterpiece, and it was the first time I pulled one. Very exciting.
>>
>>51199804
Kari Zev's Expertise was the promo. Kinda hard to tell in the picture.
>>
>>51192695
Holy shit. I feel genuinely retarded for not knowing this. I just figured anything that required a tap, sacrifice, draw, etc was an activated ability and abilities that cost mana to use were mana abilities.
>>
0-3 drop with literally the worst pool I've ever seen at a sealed event
>exactly 12 cards of each color
>no red or black removal, white only has skywhaler's shot and 2 pacifism
>only "build around me" rare is aetherwind basilisk
>No other energy sources beyond sage of shalia's claim
>round 2 opponent had verderous gearhulk and looter scooter, lost to the guy with duplicant, triple hijack (1 foil) and red expertise.

Hopefully I can move the Hope of Ghirapur to some legacy fag? Otherwise $40 down the drain.
>>
>>51199904

Don't feel too bad, I assumed the exact same thing until I had it explained to me.
>>
>>51199962
I guess it just never really comes up enough. Good to know for this set though since I'll probably run into some Disallows in the near future.
>>
File: IMAG1582.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1582.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
I guess I can't complain.
>>
>>51186148

I OPENED IT, AND GOT THE INFINITE ON MY LAST GAME. fuck yessss I am still pumped.

Jeskai was not the best option for me, but I had to go for it, right?

I also swagged out with a lot of energy effects and two aethertide whales. 6-3 overall in games.

Oh, and it was a foil Saheeli...
>>
Not Gruul Then Die Reporting in, decklist will be posted as a reply.

2-0
2-0
2-1

Ended the night with 9 prize packs, opened three(Pic Shows the Alpha-Pull) and saved the rest for drafting later.

Matches were super annoying. Round one was an easy win, bad draws from my opponent.

Round two had to deal with two 7/5's in a single match, still won it tho.

Round three i hit the mirror except where he had Nissa, Kari, and an opposing Aethersphere Harvester, i had a better curve and beat him out.
>>
File: IMG_0658.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0658.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51200350
>>
File: IMG_0659.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0659.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51200350
:^)
>>
>>51200364
Do not underestimate the thopter.
>>
>>51200395
I was actually super excited to get this one. Fuck swords and legacy staples.
>>
File: image.jpg (606KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
606KB, 1080x1920px
My promo. I also pulled Panharmonicon which is nice.

I ran Red/Green with 0 bombs and went 3-1 by just having solid efficient creatures and swinging with pump for 4 on turn 2.
>>
>>51200350
>7/5

hmmm
>>
File: IMG_20170114_065901.jpg (1021KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_065901.jpg
1021KB, 3264x2448px
3-1 off dorky artifact value. I don't check spoilers until after prerelease but I doubt I opened value. 2 prize packs, unopened. Store was undersupplied, normal support is 2.5 per entrant.

>>51193793
I've got two of the stupid 4400 boxes, they are great.
>>
just got back

4-0 finish playing black white birds

no mythics only a few junk rares
Played 3 Eddytrail hawks and 2 of those big 3/3 for 5 eagles that give everyone +1/+1 and vigilance

I got one of those shapeshifter artifact creatures and every time I played it I just named birds

very fast wins
white flyers with black removal too stronk
>>
File: zzzzz.jpg (408KB, 1123x744px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.jpg
408KB, 1123x744px
Wheeeeee. 3-1.
>>
just got done playing the draft

went 2-2

second and third games i got paired up against some o.g. tryhards but all in all it was fun. one guy i played beat me pretty hard and was talking about how he plays magic on the pro circuit but who knows.
>>
1-3 with UR and a lot of artifact creatures

I'm fucking garbage playing and only got 1 mythic. My best pull was a foil shock.

There's another one this afternoon, I hope it goes better.
>>
File: 1457126873346.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457126873346.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Went 1-3. Some decent pulls. Fun night overall.
>>
>>51200858
Also, just got to exactly 250 Planeswalker points and ranked up to spellshaper.
>>
>>51193452
UMMMM AKCHUALLY
Equipping targets, shroud from the greaves means you cant target a creature already wearing greaves so you have to target a different creature each time.
Sorry for neckbeard, i learned this at Kaladesh release and thought it was neat
>>
>>51202432
Fuck me, i just realized that's what you put in parentheses. I'll learn to read later today
>>
File: received_1117188038323653.jpg (52KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
received_1117188038323653.jpg
52KB, 500x586px
Going to one on Sunday and I'm currently contemplating going to one today as well.

> Working overtime until about 12:30-1 PM
> Event is at 3 PM
> Store is about two minutes from my job if I hit red lights
> Twenty minute drive if from my house

What should I do? Could use the time to do play some vidya or work on some miniatures if I don't go.
>>
closes thing to a bomb I got in my sealed pool

went 4-2 through the power of 2/3 creatures
>>
File: wewew.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
wewew.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
hey guys, how was your prerelease?
Mine was okayish i guess... the only downside was shop owners' son who was a total self-centred faggot who irritated everyone.

My pulls were fine i guess, no masterpiece card. Actually noone pulled masterpiece.

Went:
2-0
2-0
0-2
2-1
Didn't get anything anyway because of some bullshit points or whatever... i actually felt sad.

I had some very nice green and black pulls so that's what my deck was.
Had 2 green implements which worked wonderfully with the Revolt rule, especially with my Livecraft Cavarly which i wished i had more than 1.
Fatal Push and Foundry Hornet were really fun too.
Scrounging Bandar was fun utility creature to move some counters.
Defiant Salvager worked really nice with Servos/Oviya Pashiri

Pic related are rares/mythics i pulled with the exception of Natural Obsolescence which i included because it was my MVP card today.
I could taste the salt when people artifacts went on the bottom of the deck.

From the other prerelease box i got after the event i got
Herald of Anguish
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider
Scrap Trawler
Confiscation coup
Blooming Marsh
and promo Quicksmith Rebel

Hope you had a great time friends and that you at least got consolation booster unlike me or you just won. (i fucking won 3 out of 4 games reeeee)
>>
I didn't get a pic, but someone got sword of war and peace and used the trophy Mage thingy to fetch it.

He went 0-4
>>
I went 4/2.

G/w energy/counter/flying stuff.

Was fun, tho I'm a bit disappointed that I did not open even one fatal push.
>>
File: quicksmith_spy.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
quicksmith_spy.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
4-1 with UB. Lost the finals against good RW beats.

MVP rare here.
>>
Event reporter crashed at end of round, still not working.
>>
Went 1-1-1, with a U/R Improvise thing.
I had no bombs so I'm going to blame that, but it was also the first time i played limited. It's not that enjoyable and wouldn't do it out of prerelease.
>>
>>51205483
try drafting.
way better and more enjoyable than sealed because you have more control over what cards you get.
>>
File: IMG_20170114_201845.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_201845.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
Best. Prerelease. Ever.

Went 1/3 though, pic was in my prize packs
>>
>>51205529
>everyone showing off prize pool stuff
>wond 3 out of 4 games
>not even consolation booste
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51205554
>His shop didn't do pack per win
>>
File: Bee Laywer.png (305KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bee Laywer.png
305KB, 375x523px
>>
File: ride.jpg (131KB, 640x788px) Image search: [Google]
ride.jpg
131KB, 640x788px
>>51205624
>tfw shop is shit
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i honestly thought i would at least get 1, i felt so sad and cheated.
How is this acceptable.
Never trying to do well again, why would i if i don't get jack shit
>>
>>51205712
>3-1 didn't get prize support
???
>>
>>51205748
>???
no shit, that's my fucking line
>>
>>51205748
Not that guy but there's a shop around my place who gave out one participation booster as the only prize on prerelease. Played there once, never again.
>>
>>51205336
apparently it's a major widespread problem

Wizards inability to handle anything to do with technology is honestly fucking mind-boggling. it feels insulting and it makes me not want to give them any money. they need to get their fucking house in order at some point but it feels like they never ever will. stuff like this makes it really, really hard to trust them as a company.
>>
Went 3-2 came in 9th, and top 8 got support. I made R/B stuff, and was surprised it did as well as it did. Pulled pre-release Ajani in my pool, and sold it for $30. Had a good time. Punted two times in one game. I blame lack of sleep and me being an idiot.
>>
>>51200221
Went 3-1-2. The pictured cards were mostly useless but the elf that distributes two +1/+1 counters is amazing.
>>
Is Baral (the dude, not the spell) on any good deck?
I pulled him as the prerelease foil, thought he's kinda okay, and was surprised because his foil is like 20 bucks?
>>
File: fff.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
fff.png
134KB, 223x311px
>>51205853
that's cat monkey anon, but yeah, i liked it too
>>
>>51205884
pretty sure they mean the green legendary elf whose name i don't remember
>>
>>51205884
He probably means Rishkar, which is a fucking good rare. Imagine casting something cmc6 at t4.
>>
>>51205910
>Rishkar
>>51205906
oh.. i didn't pull that :^(

i got
>>51202954
>>
>>51205947
I'd say a foil Heart of Kiran is almost a masterpiece.
Now that i said it, it's weird that they don't make masterpiece vehicles.
>>
>>51206108
>I'd say a foil Heart of Kiran is almost a masterpiece.
really? i didn't get much chance to use it, dropped it 2 or 4 times i think, never was a game changer and once it got blasted straight away by artifact removal...
But i guess it is a good vechicle
>>
File: 1452737816941.gif (2MB, 421x227px) Image search: [Google]
1452737816941.gif
2MB, 421x227px
>>51205830
>I blame lack of sleep and me being an idiot.
I know that feel. I was on the verge of winning and rammed my biggest creature straight into deathtouch after using Deadlock Trap to tap one of my opponent's other creatures.
I lost like 2 turns later
>>
Baral's Expertise was my main nigga today. My draws weren't too great but I got a really nice Promo Foil Peacewalker Colossus.
>>
>>51205336
Yeah my local shop was having problems too. Once it got working again some fucking retards a few shops down caused a power surge or some shit and the electric was out for a couple of hours
>>
File: baralsexpertise.jpg (439KB, 1068x745px) Image search: [Google]
baralsexpertise.jpg
439KB, 1068x745px
Just got back from prerelease + draft. It was pretty neat.

Went 1-1-2 with pic related. Yes, I did win with Mechanized Production. It clocked up to eight twice, no token shenanigans. The third time I played it on the common 3/3 that gives three live and energy, so my opponent just gave up.

Then I drafted mono-red aggro and went 3-0. Got a Consulate Dreadnaught and a Siege Modification, which got through once on turn three. Also got Consulate Cannon and Fabrication Module, which I once put on a Lightning Runner for 18 damage.

Overall the set seems pretty fun from what I've seen. Played some very aggressive decks, some durdly ones, the usual newbie creature vomit and even a control deck. None seemed much stronger than the other.
Though I had zero sideboard in either tournament, so I wonder how much that can add/screw you over.
>>
>>51209278
>Consulate Dreadnaught and a Siege Modification
i hoped for this myself, got only Dreadnought. I was sad
>>
>>51205748
Those shops basically take booster box that Wizarda sends them for thr prize pool. Give each participant a single booster for the prerelease and cash in on the rest of the boosters and sell them later.

It's jewery of the highest degree when they try to profit from something that basicallt was given to them for free.
>>
3-1 with a UR Metalwork Colossus pile that didn't have as many cost reducers as I'd like, but damn if it didn't feel fun.

Walked away with 4 packs in prizes, between my pool and the prize I have 2 Fatal Pushes so consider me satisfied.
>>
>>51209887
9 hours later i am still salty about getting nothing after 3-1
>>
>>51210066
Fuck that bullshit, you can report that to wizards fyi, also look for them on Google, yelp, ect leave some fair (bad) reviews. Won't get you packs but at least some of the salt will dissipate
>>
I had a shit pool. Went 1-2 and dropped. My tiebreakers were good, but winning out didn't seem likely. And I was pissed.

So i bought a couple Kaladesh packs and got a Chandra and Greenhulk.
>>
Local place was only giving prize packs for anyone with 2/1/1 or higher, so I dropped after going 1-2 in the third round. Went with Temur energy since I pulled the G-drop 3/4, the blue bouncy whale, and the red extra combat phase dude as my promo.

Went and bought the Ajani PW deck afterwards since they were selling them early and pulled a Tezzeret and some stuff for my Anafenza deck, so that's cool.
>>
File: cro.jpg (48KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
cro.jpg
48KB, 540x361px
>>51210298
i know you mean well anon but i just don't feel like it is worth an effort if you know what i mean, i am salty but that won't change much, this shop is a board game "franchise" here in this city.
Maybe this particular shop would get things changed but i doubt it, others are 1 hour aways from me so i don't bother with them, also more tryhards come to other shops so i don't know what to do.
>>
>Get home from Prerelease Event
>Go 3-1 with Golgori good stuff
>Promo Foil was Disallow (yeah buddy)
>pull Rishkar, Marionette Master, Bristling Hydra, Live Fast, Die Young, 2 Treasure Hunters, 3 Alley Stranglers
>Get 2nd Place
>Pull 2 Fatal Push, Baral, Sram Expertise, and Ajani

Today was a good day
>>
bump of sadness
>>
>>51210669

I'll tell you it will most certainly change if you report them. A WotC rep will go in to investigate and if they find examples of what you complained about then the rep will explain to store manager that you can't do this and if they continue then they'll pull support and product. As much as WotC continually fuck up alot of shit in MTG design, their corporate matters are no joke and srs business. You will be able to remain anonymous as well.
>>
File: IMG_20170114_160107483.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_160107483.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Lost every match, still feel like a champ since I'm walking out with these
>>
>>51211879
U lucky fgt
>>
>>51210669
I'm sorry but your fucking pathetic. Do something about it or get cucked your whole life dude.

T.realtalk
>>
>>51216179
>your
>>
3-1-2
>win two games because opponents misplayed
>all rares were shit
>2 mythics, Planar Bridge in sealed and Cataclysmic Gear Hulk in a prize pack
>barley any removal
>mediocre creatures
>no bombs besides the Pain Trains
>win 6 packs
>all jank

At least I got a Fatal Plush and traded for the Legendary Thopter.
>>
I went to my first prerelease as a complete fucking noob that never played. The community is amazing. Everyone was nice, I lost two with my white/black then my opponent built me a green cause my green was good with token monkey and panther trample. Won my next three.

God this is so exciting the hours flew by.
>>
>>51217194
Man I lucked out on black and green removal. Kept me alive with hunt the weak and some others.
>>
Oh yeah, new player from yesterday. Def need sleeves. I lost from clumped lands and bad shuffle.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (135KB, 857x427px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
135KB, 857x427px
>Pool has hardly any removal (nothing can kill creatures unless they are attacking or tapped)
>Promo was Oath of Ajani
>Only bomb was Herald of Anguish and Metalwork Colossus
>Make U/B Improvise
>0-2,0-2
>Last matchup go G/W and try to go wide
>1-2

0/10 prerelease, I want my money back Wizards
>>
How did I not pull any highspire infusion
>>
>>51217430
Aether Revolt is probably one of the worst limited formats I have ever played.
>>
File: 20170115_021608.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_021608.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
This tiny fucking elf dude is awesome. I buff him with cat monkey 1/1 tokens.
>>
I'm reading a thread of people going nuts over mana weaving deck after game calling it cheating. How the fuck are you supposed to prevent land clumps otherwise?...

I'm not a blackjack or poker dealer shuffler.
>>
File: 1478557086903.jpg (47KB, 596x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478557086903.jpg
47KB, 596x716px
Went 2-1-1 at my 2HG prerelease

One standout game was absolutely amazing

>Running gruul energy
>Thriving rhino is out on the field
>It has about 6 counters on it
>Drop the dude that doubles counters and figure I might as well go all in on the rhino
>It's a 14/15
>Opponent drops the mythic green lizard
>Fugg that's huge
>Figure I can swing in and get the death trigger from the maulfist and make the rhino even bigger
>Do so and they actually block the madmen
>Rhino is now a 26/17
>Look at their lizard
>Max it can be is a 13/13
>"That's cute"
>Drop the elf that gives you energy for the highest power creature you control
>Get 29 energy from the module that gives you counters when you get energy
>Make all his stuff block my giant rhino
>7 for 1 them
>Go to time and draw

It was a hilarious match and I loved every minute of the prerelease
>>
>>51216179
>your fucking pathetic
>cucked
nice memes bro
>>
File: 20170115_052545.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_052545.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
Got back from my prerelease.
2-0 the first 3 matches and went W-L-W on the last.
Winding constrictor was mvp with ballista walker.
Also got some miscolored green cards and a miscut blue.
All in all had a great time sets looking like it's gonna be fun
>>
>>51211773
how do i even report that
>uhh guise i went 3-1 but didn't receive even consolation prize hurr
seems kinda lame...
also where do i even report shops
>>
>>51218231

What is game day cultivator of blades doing there?
>>
>>51218492
Cheating.

Nice to see someone so blatant about it.
>>
>>51217803
Just sleeve and mash, you idiot.
Divide your deck into 2 roughly even piles, then shove them together (bottom corners first). Repeat.

You're supposed to RANDOMIZE, not prevent land clumps.
>>
>>51205554
Where were you on their standings?
>>
>>51218553
>Where were you on their standings?
i don't really care anymore bro, they could at least give me fucking consolation booster
>>
>>51217803
If mana weaving before you shuffle has any impact on the chance you draw clumps of land you have cheated, if you sufficiently randomise as per the rules it won't be able to have any effect, so either way mana weaving is detrimental
>>
>>51218572
Next time, ask them to tell you what the prize structure is before you pay for it.
>>
>>51218651
Gotta agree with this anon, store owner is shit, but this is all on you for not getting all the information.
>>
>>51205529
no masterpiece tokens tho :^) (would be funny for amonket- would it sell more packs?)
>>
>>51218651
>>51218712
i guess you are right guys, eh...
>>
File: manaweaving.gif (9KB, 727x348px) Image search: [Google]
manaweaving.gif
9KB, 727x348px
>>51218588
>>
File: 20170115_065648.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_065648.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>51218515
Pulled one in my kaladesh pack and proxied with superior artwork my man.
>>
File: 20170115_070354.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_070354.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>51218816 is it wrong to love prime choice flavor
>>
I went 4-2, each round ending either in 2-0 or 0-2.
The format is quite fast and I played and RG aggro deck.
Destructive Tampering is a fine card that does so much. It won me a few games to push the last damage through.
>>
File: 14844864910411064793717.jpg (298KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14844864910411064793717.jpg
298KB, 1280x720px
Reasonably happy with my pulls desu

Came 12th out of 14 though because I'm shit at magic
>>
>>51217803

Literally just do a pile shuffle, a few mashes and a few riffles

It's not hard.

I literally have a brain condition that causes reduced dexterity in my hands (to the point where I can't tie my own shoes because my fingers are too stiff and clumsy) and I can still manage to shuffle properly in an acceptable time frame.
>>
I played in two pre-releases Saturday. Both went pretty well.

Pool one was pretty insane
>lands
8 forests
8 swamps
1 island
>creatures
dhund operative
scrap trawler
defiant salvager
alley strangler
maulfist revolutionary
aetherborn marauder
wild wander
midnight entourage
arborback stomper
arborback stomper
multiform wonder
aetherwind basker
>non-creature artifacts and enchantments
unbridled growth
woodweaver's puzzleknot
prophetic prism
renegade freighter
aetherworks marvel
>instants and sorceries
prey upon
battle at the bridge (promo)
cruel finality
hunt the weak
daring demolition
>planeswalker
Tezzeret, the Schmer
>sometimes sideboarded cards (against aggro)
augmenting automaton
highspire artisan

The deck was hindered by its lack of two drop creatures. Games were usually a grind fest as opponents tried to push through damage with vehicles and I traded off my train/stompers for them. I finished them off with marvel alone or in combination with multiform or basker. Tezzeret usually came down late picked off creatures. I was pretty impressed with him. Maulfist revolutionary was the last stand-out for the both the body and the ability. 4-0'ed the pre-release. I opened a fatal push and nothing else of note in my packs. Can't really complain though.

Pool Two: even more G/B/x
>lands
8 forests
8 swamps
1 mountain
>creatures
fourth bridge prowler
scrounging bandar
druid of the cowl
druid of the cowl
aether poisoner
foundry inspector
weldfast monitor
aetherstream leopard
alley strangler
aether hearder
Gonti, Lord of Luxury
riparian tiger
herald of torment
>instants and sorceries
attune with aether
prey upon
nature's way
subtle strike
hunt the weak
Chandra's revolution
Chandra's revolution
eliminate the competition
>enchantments and non-creature artifacts
unbridled growth
lifecrafter's bestiary (promo)

cont.
>>
>>51219352
This deck's game plan was to jund out the opponent's threats with removal and finish them off with demon, one of the big cats, or just what ever I had left over. Lifecrafter's bestiary is an actual bomb. The scry was incredibly useful and it could net one to three cards a turn just playing out creatures. The herald of anguish got pacified in multiple games and still did work eating the opponent's hand. The deck went 3-1 to an aggro deck with train and fliers, which admittedly I had no real way deal with in numbers on the back foot(two green pools without any naturalize effects. What's the chances of that?). I opened an aethersphere harvester and all the uncommons I wanted for various edh decks. Overall, a pretty fun Saturday hanging out with friends; slinging cardboard.
>>
File: 1478742141127.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478742141127.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>went 0-3 before quitting in shame

my cards were bad i swear
>>
As said in the other thread, I went 5-0 with a Jeskai Improvise deck. My only decent threats were improvise threats and my decent removal was in White, so I just made jeskai.

Improvise made the deck pretty broken because all these artifacts were basically making my improvise threats a lot faster, and then the white removal/ my only "manaleak" did all the rest.

But I opened jackshit. Nothing really interesting. Even in those 7 packs I won. I'm a bit sad.
>>
>>51219352
What the fuck is this shit.

Put your fucking listicle bullshit on tappedout, duckfucker.
>>
Literally walked into my store 10 minutes ago and they tell me that the pre-release sold out yesterday... 2 minutes after I walk in they then post saying that Sunday is canceled. All of this is 30 minutes before the tourny starts, feels shitty.
>>
I went all in on a White Blue Skies strategy with like 5 pacifisms and a looter scooter that won me every game. Lost the last match to a fast Rakdos; on game 3 I was winning the race, but it was easy for him to trigger revolt since he had a ravager masterpiece, he revolted into a chain of 2 of that uncommon aetherborn that gives -2/-2 with revolt and two fatal pushes. Felt bad, I thought I had it in the bag. Opened mostly shit in the kit and prizes.
>>
File: sneek.jpg (98KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
sneek.jpg
98KB, 240x345px
just got home, definitely had more fun than just kaladesh. Went 2-1-3

i played BG, turns out the snake is an amazing 2 drop
also managed to get an invention in my first booster, so i can't complain.
>>
>>51222681
oh, it gives -3/-3 he shot down my 2/3 drakes, whales and improvise aeronauts like nothing and I couldn't recover
>>
Mana weaving just gives more randomness.
>>
http://magicstats.net/

post your stats
no excuses anons
>>
Also went 4-1 for 3rd place at sealed and 4-0 for 1st at 2HG. Opened like 25 boosters during both prereleases. Most expensive card was the 3/5 flying vehicle as an promo. Also opened a single Fatal push, the only card I cared about. Fucking hell.
>>
So how hard does Push kill aggro?
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51191925
:^)
>>
Can vehicles tap crew summoning sickness creatures? Guy immediately crewedd and atked same turn
>>
Saw too many people who had gone "Artifact sacc'ing and Improvise? Time to fill my deck with artifacts!" and then got blown out because their deck was 30% shit artifacts.

I had some success with a RG Aggro deck. I was disappointed there was nothing in my pool to make a funky gimmick strat, but RG aggro turned out to actually be a ton of fun, all my matches were really engaging. Lots of interesting combat math decisions and thinking about Revolt.

I think this Standard is going to be dominated by Fatal Push paranoia. Changes the balance of whether to kill something in an interesting way.
>>
>>51223611

Yeah, that's basically the whole point of them.

Summon sickness means "If this creature has not been under your control since the start of your most recent turn, it can neither attack or activate any ability with the 'Tap' symbol in its cost"
>>
>>51223611
yes it can
>>
>>51223678

although do note this applies to Vehicles instead. As soon as you Crew it, it becomes summoning sick if you played it that turn.
>>
>>51223712
>instead

as well, obviously, sorry.
>>
>>51223571
>unsleeved

but why
>>
>>51223733
Because I just pulled it out of the booster when I took the picture.
>>
>>51223753
if you had time to pull out the camera you had time to sleeve it
>>
>>51223571
haha nice anon
fuck you fucking piece of shit REEEEE
>>
>>51223733

The guy sitting right in front of me pulled a fucking masterpiece sword of body and mind and was about to put it into his deck unsleeved

He was a very casual player who liked legendaries and I saw his face light up when I opened a Heart of Gonti. I probably could have traded it right there for the sword, but instead I forced him to sleeve his fucking deck
>>
Im not a Magic genius so I'm not good at judging the quality of cards.

What do you guys think of the new Tezzeret? Does he stack up with previous ones?
>>
>>51223876
>I probably could have traded it right there for the sword
do you really want to take advantage of people who don't know any better?
Come on anon, you are better than this.
>>
>>51223896
build-around legendary. can't defend himself, most of the time he will be a glorified removal spell that needs to be set up. no real card advantage. ob nixilis is much better.
>>
>>51223896
>What do you guys think of the new Tezzeret?
Hard to say, we'll see after a while

>Does he stack up with previous ones?
lol no
>>
>>51223896

You need a lot of artifacts and improvise effects to make him work. I don't really know if that can be possible in standard, but who knows.

>>51223930

I didn't. I briefly thought about it, but that's it.
>>
File: suddenspoiling.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
suddenspoiling.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51221724
I know that feel. Last week me and the friends were going to a draft (that was listed on their website) at a place we hadn't been yet.

We showed up 15 miss prior, there were 20ish people and the owner said "he wasn't sure" if they were still going to run it. A few minutes later he announced he'd run a tournament where each person got a single booster, and play it as a deck. 1 booster reward to winner. 15$ entry

Noped the fact out, me and the 3 people I went with each filed a report to wizards. Awful night.
>>
>>51223931
>>51223955
Yeah im just wondering if he will do well in an artifact commander deck, specifically the new one that came out last year (Invent Superiority)
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 1345x600px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 1345x600px
>>51223415
>>
Everyone bitching about the prize support needs to fucking chill. Stores are allotted an amount of boxes for prerelease weekend, it depends on your stores attendance to FNM.
>>
>>51224322

Sure, why not.

It's EDH, do whatever's fun.
>>
>>51224441

More importantly, it depends on whether your event organizer knows how to game the system.

Run events with the boxes you get, then use any leftover boxes for "events" that are actually just you making up numbers. Use all your product and Wizards sends you more next time.
>>
>>51224441
Pack per win is a pretty good system imo
>>
>>51223876
Guy who fucked up all his cards at prerelease.

Is it a huge deal? I'm a casual and I don't think I'm jew enough to try and sell cards.

The $35 paid for my entertainment and way more.
>>
>>51223712
So as long as it wasn't sick and played a turn previous it's good to go for the attack/block phase on your turn?
>>
>>51224896

Sure. And it can still block even if it's sick. Summoning sickness cares whether the CARD was under your control at start of turn, it's fine if it wasn't a creature then.
>>
There are five pacify and o-ring effects in white for this format.

One of my opponents had all of them.
>>
>>51224964
Nice
>>
At prerelease. Playing vs a casual guy that usually attends only prereleases, not a complete shitter but not that good, either.

He has a vehicle on an empty board. Next turn he plays a creature and when crews the vehicle, I say "wait, in response I kill the creature". He says okay and passes the turn. My board was empty, so he had no reason not to attack.

Was, what I did, morally wrong? If he would have asked if he can attack with the vehicle, I'd say yes. I did not misled him at all, but I purposefully played the removal like if I would have played it, if the rules worked the way he assumed they do. Is that ethically wrong, or not? How do you guys see it?
>>
>>51224808
However it's an annoyance for people who feel more competent to top eight. People who grind sealed want a box to first for it to be worth it.
>>
>>51225059
what? no, you did nothing wrong. just becasue you're "not good" doesn't mean you should play easy on them and let them win or do things while you sit on instants and sorceries. Just go easy in the sense that you don't tap a thousand lands and play out your turn in half a second, that's rude. take your time to explain what's happening.

why are you even asking? am i getting baited?
>>
>>51225168
Nah, that situation just got stuck in my mind and I wasn't sure if I acted like a dick or not.
>>
>>51225180
>>51225059
I think it's nice to explain rules to unsure people but also if it's losing you games maybe it's okay not to.

Like a guy who explained to me lost because he bothered explaining the vehicles and rules.
>>
>>51225059
>Next turn he plays a creature and when crews the vehicle, I say "wait, in response I kill the creature".
you can't kill the creature he uses to crew, once he says he crews you can't do anything about it.

>Once a player announces that he or she is activating a crew ability, no player may take other actions until the ability has been paid for. Notably, players can’t try to stop the ability by changing a creature’s power or by removing or tapping a creature.
>>
>>51225059
The fact you said "wait" is kind of sketchy, there is room for some misunderstanding there, especially if your opponent is casual and doesn't know the rules 100%.

If you didn't say the "wait" and said the rest of the sentence, what you did was completely fine and I'd have no issue with it.
>>
>>51225279
i thought anon meant he killed the vehicle=artifact creature.

if it's just a misplay then you should learn from it, if it was intentional it's a dick move
>>
>>51225279
That was the point, they killed the creature which the still could do but did not explain that it could still attack.
>>
>>51224841

If you don't pull anything outrageously expensive then it's good, but the masterpieces are honestly beautiful and it would be a shame to ruin them by just playing them,

Fuck, I would have bought that guy penny sleeves myself if he wouldn't spend the money
>>
>>51225338
>>51225347

In response to the crew trigger I killed the creature that was used to crew the vehicle. My point was the opponent silently assumed the vehicle will not be crewed, because he did not attack with it. Was I being a dick for not reminding him he can actually attack with it?
>>
>>51225363
Yeah but it was also ambiguous as to whether his opponent thought that he was killing the creature between it entering play and the opponent having chance to crew, which if he doesn't understand priority 100% is very possible
>>
>>51225368
100% not a dick for not reminding.
Dick if there was any chance the opponent thought you could kill his creature before having the chance to crew because of the way you worded your action
>>
>>51225279
He's killing the creature in response to the crew ability. His opponent must have erroneously thought that this stops the crew ability and didn't attack. OP took advantage of the opponent's lack of rules knowledge.

I say it's fine. He didn't break any rules or try to cheat.
>>
>>51225467
>>51225402
Why don't you turbo nerds help educate other players?
>>
You should have told him about it after the match, is all.

Whenever I beat someone 2-0 I always play out the third while giving advice and letting them take things back.
>>
>>51225467
>He's killing the creature in response to the crew ability.
dunno bro i just posted what is official on wizards page
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/kaladesh-release-notes-2016-09-16
go to crew rules section

>OP took advantage of the opponent's lack of rules knowledge.
desu he should tell him about the rule for fair-play

>>51225476
>Why don't you turbo nerds help educate other players?
i educate people i play with, even if i lose because of that.
Not like i will get even consolation booster in my shit store
>>
I had an opponent who packed his deck away after game 2 and I had to remind him he won the first, then he won the third. I would have gone 4-0 had I let him continue, but that would actually be cheating.
>>
>>51225520

It is not your responsibility to play Magic for your opponent.

If you help them make the best moves every play the game is basically just snakes & ladders, and whoever draws the best cards wins.
>>
>>51225552
guess i'm just too nice.

also
>For a Vehicle to be able to block, it must be a creature as the declare blockers step begins, so the latest you can activate its crew ability to block with it is during the declare attackers step.
So you can't crew and block on blockers phase... you must crew to block during their attack... that cost me one game :^(
>>
>pull an arcbound ravager
>and ajani
>run white green fabricate
>go 3-0
>never lost a round
>win 5 packs
>won sleeves and a deckbox in the raffle

Best I've ever done in any event
>>
>>51225589
lolwut
pretty sure me and everyone i've ever played against crew in the blockers step?

"i begin combat"
ok
"i attack with these"
ok, i crew and block like this

so what you're saying ,that's the wrong procedure?
>>
>>51225589
huh, in what situations does that distinction matter? I can picture some of those "destroy target attacking creature"-type cards, but can't think of anything concrete.
>>
>>51225650
>go 3-1
>shit store
>get nothing
>go home sad
:^(
>>51225679
>so what you're saying ,that's the wrong procedure?
i guess it is wrong ye lol.
Check it yourself bro
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/kaladesh-release-notes-2016-09-16

scroll down to crew rules
>>
>>51225703
as i understand it, you can't crew when you have to declare blockers to block with vehicle.
It already has to be a creature by the time you want to block with it so it seems you have to crew as he declares attackers.
>>
>>51225679
>"i begin combat"
>ok
>"i attack with these"
>ok, i crew and block like this

This is fine, I'm guessing you just don't know how the combat phase work.

In Declare Attackers and Declare Blockers, the act of choosing creatures is a State Based Action, and SBAs occur BEFORE the active player gains Priority. So there is no opportunity to cast spells or activate abilities.

But unless either player said the magic words 'going to Blockers, okay?', it's fine to assume you're Crew'ing during the Declare Attackers step.
>>
>>51225552
Honestly as a newbie to magic in general Kaladesh is fucking hell to understand. I went to a presentation yesterday and I had doubts about almost every single match. The game is already complicated enough without these new and weird rules that has a million variants and stuff that makes everything complicated.
I'm still unsure about the difference between auras and enchantments for example. And activated abilities of artifacts etc, their priority is hard as fuck to understand. For example I lost an obvious victory yesterday because my opponent had an artifact that allowed him to create a token1/1 servo for 4 mana and he paid the cost to use it right after my turn ended, after I attacked with everything and had nothing else to defend.
also, why the fuck can you crew with a creature that just enter the field but you can't do the same with a vehicle?
This shit doesn't happen in carassone
>>
>>51225589
>beginning of combat step
Do whatever instant stuff
>Declare Attackers step
Declare attackers
Dow whatever instant stuff (crew)
>Declare Blockers step
Declare Blockers
Choose what order to deal damage in in the case of multi blocks.
>Damage Step
Choose how much damage is dealt to each creature (or special cases like thorn elemental)
Damage happens
>Main Phase 2
>>
>>51225703
Well, if you start to block, as in start to moving your creatures around and assigning them to attacking creatures, then it's late to crew the vehicle for blocking. Some opponents will let you crew even during declaring blockers, but if you try to do it at competitive REL, you're out of luck.
>>
>>51225768
>State Based Action, and SBAs

Turn Based Action, and TBAs, sorry. Pretty bad to fuck up while explaining lol
>>
File: IMG_7624.jpg (2MB, 2864x2176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7624.jpg
2MB, 2864x2176px
Played and judged three prereleases and had fun.
Pulls were nice but I played 2-3 on midnight, 2-2 on Saturday, and 2-1-1 on 2HG.
>>
>>51225786
there's a "end of combat" step before main phase
>>
File: 31ba02c74734afefb4608c3fd9a7f130.jpg (111KB, 1280x877px) Image search: [Google]
31ba02c74734afefb4608c3fd9a7f130.jpg
111KB, 1280x877px
On the other note, what do you guys think about incoming Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation?
What do you think we are going to see?
pic unrelated
>>
>>51225778
i've played magic for almost a year now and i still don't know what i'm doing.
>>
>>51225852
wasn't sure, seemed redundant because that's just 2 rounds of priority instead of 1.
>>
File: exquisite_archangel.jpg (33KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
exquisite_archangel.jpg
33KB, 255x361px
who /only got shit cards/ here?
7 packs, this is my best card and I see no reason to run this over platinum angel, ever.
I at least got a bunch of good games, which is the real point I guess. Kinda wish this happened more often, draft is fucking fun compared with muh modern, but LGS insists on supporting it.
>>
>>51225778
>why the fuck can you crew with a creature that just enter the field but you can't do the same with a vehicle?
Vehicle artifact has "summoning sickness" as stupid as that sounds and you can't immediately crew it unless it has haste.

On the other hand you can immediately crew fielded vehicles with fresh creature because crewing is not "tap ability". it just says to tap creature and summoning sickness only affects skill with tap symbol not text

I know it's strange but that's how it is
>>
>>51225949
sanguine bond
>>
>>51225949
my pulls are here bro, nothing special but ok i guess.
I like promo Heart of Kiran

>>51202954
>>
>>51225949
I got a Tezzeret but the rest of my packs were jank. I literally couldnt assemble any decent decks with my cards. I tried a UB deck with Tezzeret but my blue pool was very small and weak and my black pool didnt have many creatures. I then tried a red and green deck and I had zero bomb game ending cards. Pretty bad.
>>
>>51225990
well it's sealed, no matter how good you are and how well you can construct deck.
There's only as much as you can do if someone has total bombs in the deck and you don't
>>
>>51225949
i got mostly junk and a 40 dollar invention
>>
>>51226014
Hey man invention is invention, even if it's not good it's still a pretty card
>>
>>51225789
Does simply moving your creatures around lining up blocks after they declare attackers count as acknowledging that you've moved on to the blockers stage? I think I can see the technical distinction between crewing in attackers phase vs trying to crew in blockers phase, but at least in paper it seems like as long as you don't say "this creature blocks this creature" and then crew something, you moving around cards is just "thinking out loud, still in the declare attackers step", until you finally crew, then declare all your blockers.

I am a kitchen table casual though, so no idea about competitive REL.
>>
File: Scrounging+Bandar+%5BAER%5D.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Scrounging+Bandar+%5BAER%5D.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Hate that there's no way to put these counters on a Vehicle.
>>
>>51226057
Well, it depends. At competitive REL you should be as concise as possible. Generally if you start to move cards around or physically do something that implies you're now in the declare blockers phase, it's usually too late to crew vehicles for blocking. If you get a judge called, there's still a small chance you'll be allowed to block with that newly crewed vehicle, but it all depends on the context, and especially the judge, as there is a huge variance in their quality.
>>
>>51225958
>Vehicle artifact has "summoning sickness"
>"the ship is fucking sick man, can't be used"
>creatures that are canonically sick when they come out because they can attack
>"lol, I can pilot this helicopter brah, no problem"

Also, another question. Smuggler cop is in these packs for some reason, if you open it on draft could you play with it?
>>
>>51226136
Yes, Smug Copter is only banned in Standard Constructed.
>>
>>51226136

Gotta warm up the engine, man.

And it's way easier to jump in a driver's seat than to run across the table and punch some guy.
>>
>>51226071
Really?
what about siege modification and aerial modification?
>>
>>51226167

I guess, but that's a bit fringe.
>>
>>51226136
anything you open in sealed is usable even if officialy banned, you could pull Sol Ring and use it legally for that event
>>
>>51226179

also those cards are bad and I'm not putting them in my deck if I've got anything else
>>
>>51226197
>he's not living the Sram dream
>>
>>51226204
>Sram
in my language "sram" is like rude way of saying "i'm shitting now"
wew
>>
>>51226215
What language is that?

>Sram shitting out cards
>>
>>51226231
Polish
google translate actually just translates it to "shitting"
kek
>>
>>51226071
Still great pings for other minions that start off weak. I kept putting him on my 1/2 death touch and kept death alive with hexproof instant. Had like 2 monkies lol.
>>
>>51225949

foil shock and gonti's heart
>>
>>51226302
>minions

get out, reee, etc
>>
>>51193174
lol ken nagle designs
>>
File: Lightning+Runner+%5BAER%5D.jpg (34KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning+Runner+%5BAER%5D.jpg
34KB, 223x311px
Some faglord had a foil of this card.
>>
File: 1473115320737.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1473115320737.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
I just had my fucking worst Pre-Release in years.

Nothing of value and went 1-3 due to mana flooding and everyone top decking each game. My promo is that Aetherborn that gives other Aetherborn +1/+1 and then my pity pack rare was that as well. I threw out most of my cards because they were that trash.
>>
File: 1331731989957.gif (442KB, 441x270px) Image search: [Google]
1331731989957.gif
442KB, 441x270px
>>51228530
>tfw other players had better cards than you

One dude had the Red Gearhulk and Panharmonicon, he finished almost all his games with that.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.