[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Magnus's Folly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1483540367410.jpg (697KB, 1508x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1483540367410.jpg
697KB, 1508x1036px
What is Magnus's Folly?
>>
>>51183940
He thought he knew better than the Emperor.
>>
>>51183946
Knew what better?

Do you have a longer description? I can't access any wikis/game sites at work. THanks.
>>
>>51183975
He second-guessed the Emperor's prohibition on the practice of sorcery. The Council of Nikea ruled that warpcraft was strictly off limits, but Magnus, in his folly, believed that he could prove its merit and he, along with his legion, continued to indulge in esoteric studies in spite of the ban.

Because of this, Magnus was able to prophecy Horus' betrayal and sought to earn the Emperor using his magics - overwhelming the wards around the Emperor's Palace and irreparably damaging the Webway portal the Emperor was secretly working to repair, allowing daemons to flood into the compromised section and attack Earth directly.

Magnus' folly was hubris.
>>
>>51184118

Which he inherited from Empra, see the Last Church, Vengeful Spirit etc
>>
>>51183940
Letting those lions live
>>
>>51184118
Whoa. Thanks.
>>
>>51184148
I think that's one of the major points about the Horus Heresy, really, that all the Primarchs and the Emperor were at fault in their own ways and all possessed hubris to some degree or another. Of course, that doesn't mean it's portrayed well by BL, but it's what I got out of it.
>>
What's the best book to read about the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>51184407
You will never get your time investment back when reading any black library novels. Read the wiki on it and spend your your time painting minis or reading better books.
>>
>>51184316
Magnus' folly is actually one of my favorite stories (not novels) from the Horus Heresy. There's a lot of moving parts to it, including the very human failings of the Primarchs in spite of their superhuman nature – Magnus was so certain that he could control the forces of the Warp that he didn't realize he was being manipulated by Tzeentch the entire time - his vision of Horus' betrayal was just enough to spur him into acting rashly, undermining the Emperor's bid to forever trap and isolate the Ruinous Powers in the Warp, cut off from the human souls and worship that empower them.

It only gets better when the Emperor dispatches Leman Russ to Prospero in order to bring Magnus to heel and return him to Terra, only for Horus - whose perfidy had not yet been revealed - to intercept and revise those orders to exterminate the Magnus and his Thousand Sons; forcing them irrevocably into the service of Tzeentch and securing them as an ally against the Emperor in the coming war.
>>
>>51183940
Dunno dont care im only here for dem old school tiddies
Aw ye
>>
>>51184159
Those are probably Banths...

I always thought magnus' folly was getting drunk and trying to rape that surly manticore...talk about nasty.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.