[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settings based on a genre of music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
What sort of settings can you come up with that would be appropriate for a certain style of music?

I don't think lo-fi hip hop is really a genre itself but the mood itself reminds me of a very noir kind of setting so I'm thinking something like Cowboy Bebop with a more inner-city feel. A vast multi-layered city where the majority of people are stuck in the Slums, the lowest layer and the PCs are trying to work their way to the surface either to find their fortunes or just leave and see the sun for the first time in their lives all the while battling cybernetically enhanced gangers, police, and their own personal demons.
>>
>>51177549
Firefly/Cowboy BeBop.
>>
>>51177549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Y9oOusoQs

A lovecraftian horror story involving psychedelic drugs
>>
File: misty isles.jpg (30KB, 631x347px) Image search: [Google]
misty isles.jpg
30KB, 631x347px
Misty Isles of the Eld (for Labyrinth Lord/OSR) is heavily influenced by 1970's Glam Rock. I'd start with early Bowie and move into T.Rex, Slade and Mott the Hoople.
>>
File: ncv20xEgZc1rjrs7po1500.gif (332KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ncv20xEgZc1rjrs7po1500.gif
332KB, 500x375px
I really want a setting based on noise/math rock
I imagine it will be like modern USA just set in the middle ages and the myths wil be crazy nonsensical, like a species of hooved humanoids with knives for penises roam the orests or the cities are so dense you can walk for hours across different hallways without seeing the sky
>>
>>51177549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZs0nDBKLE

Most of Agalloch work fits perfectly in any dark celtic / dark fantasy medieval setting. Their touch of nature and philosophy can throw a party in the woods or at the mountains.
>>
Samurai Champloo
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.