[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any ideas how to play a Luchador in 5e? Right now I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: 277382-GuacHeader.jpg (121KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
277382-GuacHeader.jpg
121KB, 1000x450px
Any ideas how to play a Luchador in 5e?

Right now I'm thinking a barbarian with monk levels and high dexterity to do crazy finishers. Or is that dumb?

P.S.If you have any artwork that'd be great.
>>
I'll be posting some Luchadors in the mean time
>>
File: El-Santo.jpg (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
El-Santo.jpg
62KB, 300x300px
>>51177431
>>
>>51177503
>>
>>51177563
>>
>>51177622
I don't know about anyone else, but I really love Luchadors.
>>
I don't think 5e has anything for that just yet. As much shit as I'll probably get for saying it your best bet is probably GURPS for that.
>>
File: King_Tekken_6.jpg (265KB, 417x712px) Image search: [Google]
King_Tekken_6.jpg
265KB, 417x712px
Make him a cleric who's adventuring (in disguise) to raise money for an orphanage.
>>
grapple-bard. that is all i'm gonna say.
>>
If your DM allows Homebrew, this is everything you need: http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/2015/12/path-of-brawler.html?m=1
>>
>>51177419

If you're looking to be optimized, you're gonna want dexterity, yes.

Battlemaster Fighter, Barbarian(of any kind), and Monk are your best bets. And you're probably best off picking a single class and running with it the entire way.

Battlemaster Fighter is probably the most optimal, since you get extra stat improvements over other classes, so you can actually AFFORD to get both Tavern Brawler and Grappler as feats(if feats are allowed), letting you set up grab combos that ensure you stick your grabs, that they don't actually cost you an attack, and make subsequent attacks on grabbed creatures easier. It also ensures that you can then land very reliable damage spikes once you've got someone secured, and gives you extra flashy moves.

You'll hardly notice the lower damage from fighting with a d4-inflicting fist. You'll be the master of battlefield control, and basically become a MELEE WIZARD.
>>
File: 1483938805548.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1483938805548.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>51177746
Really? I was hoping to make it work some how, but maybe'll have to look into GURPS.
>>51177760
NACHOOOOOOOO
>>51177888
checked
Also I'm going to look into it
>>51177914
Sweet thanks. I'll raise this to the DM
>>51177923
What maneuvers would work well? Also you do think taking the Champion archetype instead would have any benefits?
>>
>>51178099

Champion's features give you very little. Your base weapon dice won't be large enough to contribute much, even on a critical hit, since you are not a dedicated monk, and most fighting styles won't apply to you. Battle Master's largest benefit is that most moves let you add superiority dice to damage, thus offsetting your low base damage. It is very good for conventional fighters of many stripes, but it is very much meant to focus on armed fighters.

All the maneuvers are good, but you really need to at least have one pure offensive move. If you took the Grappler feat, you won't have to worry about sticking your attacks very much(assuming you can somehow get to-hit bonuses equivalent to magic weapons of your level), so really, the world is your oyster.

Trip Attack is really solid on its own, but depending on party composition, your team would likely prefer Commander's Strike, Distracting Strike, or Maneuvering Attack. Really depends on who else is involved in close combat.
>>
>>51178099

Oh, right. And you might also consider a single-level dip in monk solely to get the +dex to damage and an extra attack. That will be a large component of your damage output.
>>
File: 1483581389966.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1483581389966.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Depending on your opinion of homebrews, the custom-made pugilist class is also an option. Not many DMs will be cool with a full homebrew class, but I've run with one of these before and it's pretty cool. WotC should really have figured out that people like punching things by this point.
>>
>>51178532
That`s horridly balanced, if someone even tried
>>
>>51178277
Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I can make it work. I like the idea of being able to bump up my damage a little with the superiority dice.
>>51178532
I don't know all too much about homebrew systems and I don't know how my DM feels about them either. That being said I'll check it out.
>>
>>51178581
What makes you say that? It has the same number of features as the monk and it works well mechanically. The only problems I've noticed is that it's a little bit crunchy compared to 5e and its habit of avoiding too many synergies and dice rolls and it's designed around a suboptimal fighting style so it can take a bit of creativity to use to the same effect as other classes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.