[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys always react to things violently in games? I much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: gameplay.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gameplay.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
Do you guys always react to things violently in games?
I much prefer making buddies with things I can make buddies with. It makes the whole tone of the game a lot happier and less brooding.
And when you do need to kill a thing, it's usually for a really good reason.
>>
I wish this was more common but sadly it's so exceptionally rare that it gets applauded whenever it happens and is hailed as the epitome of moral decision-making in video games.

In pen&paper I often play what would be considered peaceful characters but sadly I'm in the minority and I actually earned queer stares for acting non-violent before.

>"There is no need to kill this highwayman. Maybe we can make him see the wrongness of his actions and return him to the path of lawfulness."
>"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I backflip on the highwyman's shoulders and gouge his eyes out!
This actually happened.
>>
The people I play with generally avoid combat, using it as the last option. They also vary how they act from character to character. If all your characters are pacifists because you like befriending things, then you aren't really roleplaying are you? You're just playing yourself in fantasy world.
>>
>>51177025
You don't need to be a pacifist to make buds with things, anon.
In fact, sometimes fighting helps you make friends. Like with orcs.
>>
>>51176986
I know this way too well. I was playing a barbarian in our most recent game. I only killed three enemies in the entire game: an Aarakroka(the bird people. I know I spelled that wrong)who was part of a raiding party attacking our village and it was to save a hot chick, a hag that had lured our bard into her lair and was trying to kill him and the rest of us, and a corrupted mayor who was channeling Demogorgon. Otherwise I typically tried to talk my way out of problems, scare a problem away, or use nonlethal damage. The bard, on the other hand, murdered like seven town guards.
>>
>>51177051
I'm just saying that if you always play characters who try to make buds or resolve things without bloodshed, you should maybe try something else for roleplaying's sake. You might find you enjoy playing a zealot who values justice over mercy, for example. You have to get out of your comfort zone, or you're just as bad as the murderhobo who just likes to kill things, only you're also wanking about how superior your version is. I don't know if you don't do this, I'm just telling everyone to get some variety and step out of your comfort zone
>>
>>51177165
That's a bit weird of a thing to drop into a thread that had thus far had no real issue of contention.
>>
>>51177025
Characters and players can share facets. I and a lotta folks I know play TTRPGs to do stuff we like doing: Showing mastery in combat, being socially proficient enough to defeat a foe through friendship, managing sorceries beyond the ken of our mundane reality. I've met few players and fewer characters who play without a hint of self-gratifying aspects played out in game.
>>
>>51177165
No one ever said anything about only playing pacifists.

But it's quite obvious that violent solutions are vastly more popular than non-violent ones.

The last thing that needs promotion is violence in roleplaying games.
>>
>>51176534
>Do you guys always react to things violently in games?
>react
Quite the opposite. My characters tend to be quite attached to their lives.

Any violence they do should carry plenty of malice aforethought.
>>
>>51177275
>High lethality makes good neighbors
Good times
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.