[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Da Orks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 986.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
986.png
280KB, 450x375px
I've been thinkin about making an Ork army, so i've read the articles on 1d4chan and elsewhere, but I just want to know firsthand from Ork players how best to start my collection.
>>
>>51176306
>melee race
>I2
>>
I understand that, but I see that they have some really nice dakka too. I guess i just want to get an idea of ratios of shooty to choppy.
>>
>>51176359
>bs 2
my advice to you if you want to play orks, stop caring and just do what feels right.
>>
Haha good point, do you play Orks? What are looted wagons like? I fancy a few of those.
>>
>>51176306
Do you want a semi-comptitive list or is it just casual stuff?
>>
Something semi-competitive, I am not too bothered with winning but it'd be nice to have close games.
>>
>>51176617

I'd say the Start Collecting wouldn't be a bad start.

Build the boyz up as slugga boyz (pistols) and also pick up a Trukk kit or two.

Build the Nobz to be fairly cheap. Get a truck for them at some point, too.

Build the Dread up with all melee weapons, or with skorchas.

Eventually, pick up the Boyz and Trukk box set they just released. Also add in some Mek Gunz to taste.
>>
Boyz, that is the key to victory. The only shooty things you should have are Lootas, Flash Gitz, Tankbusts(Sort of) and various flavours of vehicles. Looted Wagons are...gone in this edition...? I think. I seem to remember there being a White Dwarf with rules for them somewhere, but I may be wrong. Trukks are excellent, but not required. Either take 12-model Boyz units in Trukks, or full squads of 30. Nobz are your solution to most really serious problems, Meganobz more so. Burnas are excellent against Marines in close combat. Probably the most important thing you have to remember is to be aggressive when playing Orks. When you play Orks shooting is just something that happens, but close combat is where you need to be if you expect to do any damage. Be careful when choosing to run or shoot, only run if it puts you in charge range and you're WAAAGH!-ing, otherwise just take a few pot shots at whoever your fighting and sit tight until you can get to a reasonable charge range. It's important with Orks that you be the one to charge, because of the strangely sub-par strength of things that aren't Nobz or bigger. When in doubt about what to put in your list, check Dan's WAAAGH! Tactica on Miniwargaming. I learned most of what I know from him.
>>
File: leftside.jpg (66KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
leftside.jpg
66KB, 640x474px
>>51176306
Bikers are a strong ork choice. bs 2 with twin linked is better than b3, 3 shots s5 ap5 at 18", 4+save and move of 12. great all round unit
>>
>>51176306
the wazz dakka bomber is fun and mean. the Orks have some of the best artillery for cost at 30pts each. Spamming boys Is mostly a valid option. Always field at least 1 unit of tank bustas. Orks dont have a ton of ranged anti armor and you can't run klaws everywhere
>>
>>51178294
Some of that's right, some of that's a bit off...

>Boyz, that is the key to victory.
True. A decent Ork army will find itself on the infantry-heavy side.

>The only shooty things you should have are Lootas, Flash Gitz, Tankbusts(Sort of) and various flavours of vehicles.
Not quite true. Lootas and Tankbustas will probably be the brunt of your shooty force. The former put out a high volume of high Str, mid-AP shots. The latter, thanks especially to the Tank Hunter rule, will probably make up your main vehicle-killing teams. Flash Gitz's AP is too erratic to be useful, but they can be fun. It's criminal to leave out Mek Gunz though (such as Kannons and Lobbas) who provide amazing support fire for a low cost. Bikers and buggies also dish out surprisingly good shooting.

>Looted Wagons are...gone in this edition...?
As you said, there are rules for them in the White Dwarf. You can find them here: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Blog/ENGWD021_025_web.pdf
It's up to you if you want them though. They trade the speed of a Trukk for armour (and slight unreliability). Can be modded for good shooty.

>Either take 12-model Boyz units in Trukks, or full squads of 30.
Sounds about right. Boyz in Trukks are you objective-grabbers, whilst your big mobs should target enemy units.

>Nobz are your solution to most really serious problems, Meganobz more so.
...No. Unless you play them really well, Nobz will struggle to make back their points. They're overcosted and are only effective if well kitted out which is, again, overcosted. Meganobz are good though. I've never done it, but a tactic many love is to load a minimum squad of 3 on a trukk, aim it at a unit you want dead and send it on its way. The "MANz Missile".

Cont.
>>
>>51178294
>>51183141

>Burnas are excellent against Marines in close combat.
Not really. What Burna Boyz want to be doing is setting stuff on fire. The best way to do this is to stick them in a Battlewagon and drive-by everything they can. AP3 is good, but you have to choose between it or flamer-mode. The AP3 mode is better left for when you're out of your transport and some of your boyz can't shoot (as the template goes over other boyz).

>Probably the most important thing you have to remember is to be aggressive when playing Orks. When you play Orks shooting is just something that happens, but close combat is where you need to be if you expect to do any damage.
Aggression is key, but you can still do some respectable damage by shooting.

> Be careful when choosing to run or shoot, only run if it puts you in charge range and you're WAAAGH!-ing, otherwise just take a few pot shots at whoever your fighting and sit tight until you can get to a reasonable charge range
Yup, although footsloggin' sluggas will almost always be out of range so in that case, run to your heart's content. Don't let them be held back by a Big Shoota or something.

>It's important with Orks that you be the one to charge, because of the strangely sub-par strength of things that aren't Nobz or bigger.
Try to do this as much as possible. The only unit that can take a charge well are the Burna Boyz.

>When in doubt about what to put in your list, check Dan's WAAAGH! Tactica on Miniwargaming. I learned most of what I know from him.
I've never watched him, but my advice would be to seek opinions from as many places as you can. Multiple forums, etc. Everyone has their own personal style. Part of the joy in the game is finding yours.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.