[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few questions for /tg/ and all of its arcane might. How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: Romance.jpg (117KB, 866x752px) Image search: [Google]
Romance.jpg
117KB, 866x752px
A few questions for /tg/ and all of its arcane might.

How would a first-time GM go about introducing players to the PC's world? Would a map help? How many locations is too few and/or too much?
>>
File: 1483945741384.png (63KB, 1405x777px) Image search: [Google]
1483945741384.png
63KB, 1405x777px
they meet in a bar/in prison.

a map like this is perfectly fine.
>>
>>51175859
Wait a sec..

Is King Kong drilling a in-slot into the statue of liberty?
>>
File: 19091478.jpg (44KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
19091478.jpg
44KB, 500x355px
For my players, they see a map of what their characters know. Are they a trader? They've probably seen major ports and most mainland villages.

If you've grown up in one village with just rumours of other places your world doesn't need to be massive. Only give them what they need to know. Discover the rest through adventure.
>>
File: Maakies Chef Business.gif (50KB, 1050x350px) Image search: [Google]
Maakies Chef Business.gif
50KB, 1050x350px
>>51175921
Yes. The artist is Tony Millionaire. He's the genius behind Maakies (and thus The Drinky Crow Show), as well as the Sock Monkey graphic novels.
>>
I was thinking of drawing a crude map with five crudely defined regions: center, north, east, west, and south. The PCs would start within one and they'd no doubt ask around. There'd be one definite settlement per region along with a single "dungeon" of some sort.

>Giant hollow pyramid that contains a palace-mausoleum for a Scrooge-esque mummy
>Bunch of whale congealed into a single whale fall at the bottom of the sea that merfolk avoid
>Mossy mountain range of lava and freezing springs that leads into the underdark
>etc.
>>
File: calm owl.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
calm owl.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>tfw filled pages and pages of ideas for the setting
>want to wait until players make characters to develop parts of the setting so that the characters fit
>players make generic characters, come up with setting details that could fit them
>never tell the players about any of it because it feels like I'm taking liberty with their characters and its embarrassing and they probably don't care that much anyway
Would somebody please kill me?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.