[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One-Shot Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: deadlandsnoir-masthead.jpg (82KB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
deadlandsnoir-masthead.jpg
82KB, 920x518px
Hey /tg/ hoping to get some feedback on a one-shot I'll be running in the near future. Feel free to ask for critique on your own games.

System: Savage Worlds (Deadlands Noir)

Setting: 1935 New Orleans, Louisana

Scenario: The PCs are all employed by the mob and assigned to go shakedown a butcher whose loan is overdue. They find him recently dead in his freezer with half a knife blade broken off in his chest, go to a diner next door to subtly ask patrons if anyone has gone into to out of the butcher shop, and get the name and frequent location of a local junkie. They go to the warehouse the junkie is known to stay in and find him being attacked by a few wild dogs. After resolving the dog problem they will report back to their boss likely with a clue in hand that points to the junkie being used as a pawn by a rival organization.

Does the above sound like a solid base for a game?
>>
Id play it
>>
>>51176411
Good to hear. Any questions about it though? Like I said the plan is for it to be a one-shot that could easily set-up a longer term plot if the players really enjoy it.
>>
>>51178092
If I was a player I would follow through with my orders and proceed to raid the butcher's place to recoup some of the debt, maybe find out where he lives and do the same. I'd also suggest to the mob we could claim the killing as our own to make him an example of what happens when you don't pay your debts.
>>
>>51175400
Seems kinda anti-climatic to me. Like, the players just fight the dogs and that's it? Regardless the premise is interesting and could easily be used for a full length campaign, assuming your players and you would want to do that.
>>
File: 1483262431441.jpg (61KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483262431441.jpg
61KB, 424x600px
>>51180337
This.
Would play but the ending is more of a cliffhanger, not good for one shots.
>>
>>51180337
The main focus is solving the mystery though I have been thinking about adding more combat.

Perhaps have the junkie catch a ferry to the nearby Algiers and be hiding-out in a part of the abandoned naval base. That would let me have the PCs trek through a bit of swamp and have to deal with all the hazards that entails in addition to some strange scientific experiments in the abandoned naval base.

>>51181068
My group tends to rotate DMs so I like to leave endings open for the purpose of more easily crafting the next adventure.

>>51178314
I'm expecting the players to loot the shop if nothing else especially since there is an office with a safe in it. I'm hoping the players won't attempt to claim credit for the butcher's death though since the mob as I'm presenting them feel as though they have some degree of obligation to those they extort like sure the interest rate on my loan is exorbitant and my legs will be broken if I don't pay but at least if anyone mugs the shop the mob will be on their asses.
>>
>>51180337
Recommendations to alleviate the seemingly thin nature of the adventure?

Perhaps have a customer waiting in the butcher shop they will have to interact with?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.