[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cadian shock troops grenade launcher or flamethrower?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 4d4.jpg (160KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
4d4.jpg
160KB, 1024x735px
im fairly new, well just starting warhammer 40k. i have my cadian shock troopers all glued together, except for the weapons. i know most of them are going to be lazguns i was wondering what the benefits and downfalls of the grenade launcher and flamethrower are. and which ones i should equip.
>>
All of them
>>
>>51172433
okay, thanks
>>
>>51170586
The Flamethrower is notable for negating Ballistics Skill. With it your guaranteed to hit anything within 8" of the user. The problem is you can't hit anything further away than that with that soldier. This means the flamerthrower is good for soldiers with mediocre ballistics skill or fights with lots of cover and tight corners. It's also great for overwatch.

The Grenade Launcher throws a grenade as far as a lasgun shoots, so your not worried about reducing your long range firepower. The problem is you scatter 2D6 on a BS3 small blast which means your chance to hit the model you aim for is only 28% rounding up. Probably not worth it. Alternatively you can think of it as a 5 point upgrade for a strength 6 AP4 shot. Now that's kind of okay!

Ultimately, I recommend building your list first. If you have to pick, then use the flamethrower for objective capping/assaulting or for when you want to use the troops as a shield for tanks or artillery. Use the grenade launcher for shooty guardsmen, and maybe add a HWT with an autocannon or Heavy Bolter later.
>>
>>51173120
Okay so flamethrowers for closer range and capping, and grenade launchers for more spammy shooty boom boom
>>
>>51170586
Cadiens are dead, m8. Best to move on.
>>
>>51176312
How GW will find other regiment to exploit in their shitty fluff?

I mean, a large amount of Cadian are involved in the Damocles Crusade, at the opposite side of the galaxy.
>>
>>51170586

I run 3 squads of infantry merged into a blob with 3 grenade launchers and 3 missile launchers; led by a platoon squad with either 3 grenade launchers or 2 gls and a flamer for funsies.
>>
>>51176401
Theyll let the tau win
>>
>>51176831
The remark still old. I find it hillarious how they try to have Cadian involved in almost every campaign in the Galaxy. Even with an almost 100% militarization, it's not as if it population was that big, especially considering how "hot" the Eye of Terror theater is.
>>
File: chaos vostroyan.jpg (2MB, 1476x1158px) Image search: [Google]
chaos vostroyan.jpg
2MB, 1476x1158px
>>51176401
Corruption of Vostroya

Summer 2017
>>
I can't wait for the day geedubs releases an updated guardsmen sprue and I can buy 500 old style Cadians on eBay for 50 bucks. Sure they won't look as cool as the new ones but I will finally be able to drown my enemies in guardsmen without selling my internal organs.
>>
File: everything is fine!.jpg (868KB, 2000x1019px) Image search: [Google]
everything is fine!.jpg
868KB, 2000x1019px
>>51176312
>>51176401
>>51176831
>>51177040

HALT.

CADIA IS FINE.

IT IS NOT BLOWN UP INTO MILLIONS OF PIECES.

REPORT TO YOUR COMMISSAR FOR UPLIFTING.
>>
>>51173120
>which means your chance to hit the model you aim for is only 28% rounding up
You have a 33% chance of rolling a direct hit, no? 33.33+27.77=61.11.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.