[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mtg/ modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 19

File: image-4.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image-4.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Pod wasn't even that bad, neither was twin. Now they're killing infect. They just kill decks to shake up the meta, not for actual good reasons and it's real frustrating in a format that isn't supposed to rotate. This comes from a guy who had his kiki pod, twin, and suicide zoo deck banned. I want it to stop. Eye of Ugin was the last reasonable ban. Even Grave troll was debatable. Wizards pls stop.
>tfw you still have your twin and pod decks put together
>>
Reminder that all phyrexian mana cards should be banned and that the entire mechanic was a mistake.
>>
Do you guys think burn is going to see a card banned at some point?
>>
>>51166843
I'd say only cards that can be free with phyrexian mana were a mistake. Things like Blessing of Dismember are alright.

Pod is not a healthy card for the format as it just gets better with powercreep. The twin ban, however, marked the point where modern turned to absolute garbage.
>>
I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to make my own ban list and try and get people to play with it.

>unban
>GGT
>probe
>twin
>maybe pod
>>
Remember folks, running removal and creatures that cost more than 4 mana means that your deck is control.
>>
>>51166479
>boohoo they took my probe away
>suicide zoo banned

What a spicy meme, senpai
>>
>>51167206
So dredge is control?
>>
>>51167226
Suicide zoo is literally unplayable without probe you faggot, go ahead and try playing it. It makes a huge impact on zoo over infect or fiend
>>
If I use destructive revelry on my mountain enchanted by an opponents spreading seas, who takes the 2 damage?
>>
>>51167365
You can't cast Revelry on the mountain.
What you can do is cast Revelry on Spreading Seas which belonging to your opponent, Revelry deals damage to him.
>>
>>51167229
Exactly!
>>
>>51167250
>you don't understand anon, I am a master of this deck and know that there is no possible way for it to function without probe, how else will I lose life to cycle? It's literally impossible

Nice try buckaroo
>>
>>51167418
U rite, thanks anon
>>
>>51167497
The deck already runs 4 street wraith you stupid faggot
>>
>>51166870
Lightning bolt is right next on their list. :^)
>>
>>51167556
Go ahead and keep believing the deck is dead anon. Clearly probe was a targeted ban to kill suicide zoo, like twin and pod were. Your adamance and unwillingness to even try a different build will surely get you further in the long run.
>>
>>51167229
>Dredge
>Running creatures that cost more than 4 mana

Not if WotC has anything to say about it.
>>
>>51167206
Control is any deck that takes up the control side of the beatdown/control dichotomy. Tron is a control deck, Jund is a control deck, lantern is obviously a control deck, grixis is a control deck, ad nauseum is a control deck, etc

Stop this control is dead meme, it's a very strong role to play.
>>
>>51168081
>jund
>creatures and removal is now considered control
wew lad
>>
>>51168081
>any deck that takes up the control side of the beatdown/control dichotomy
But a deck's role changes between matchups and even over the course of a game. That's why we use the definition based around deck structure and metagame role. Otherwise every deck would be both control and aggro except a couple very extreme examples.
>>
File: Skred Moon.png (257KB, 947x491px) Image search: [Google]
Skred Moon.png
257KB, 947x491px
Just 4-0'd modern night with this pile. The more that I play with it, the more I realize that Blood Moon is a really bad card for modern. I played against grixis in round 3 and 4 Blood Moon just hoses them so hard. They don't even run that greedy of a mana base, no double black or double red spells in the main deck. I don't know what the best card to punish greedy manabases is, but this sure isn't it.
>>
>>51168081
>Control is any deck that takes up the control side of the beatdown/control dichotomy
so when I'm playing scapeshift and using land ramp spells to get valakut triggers and bolt the shit out of my opponent's board so they can't attack me, I'm actually playing a control deck? Neat.
>>
>>51168081
A deck that can play an aggro role against a slower deck is called a midrange deck, because it's in the middle of aggro and control. Jund is a midrange deck because it beats down against slower decks like UWR or grixis. I agree with the other decks that you listed except ad nauseam. Ad nauseam plays almost no disruption and is just trying to jam its combo to win. It also can't win without its combo, which makes it a combo deck. Some decks can be combo control decks, which want to drag the game out and grind out the opponent, but have a combo finish to win once the opponent is out of answers. Splinter Twin was an example of this. The stupid thopter sword decks that people try to make in modern do this as well.
>>
File: IMG_5623.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5623.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>51168551
What we need is more land destruction, or cards that punish these greedy manabases. Hose all this Jund, Junk, Grixis, Naya garbage. If you wanna play good stuff, you gotta pay a bigger price.
>>
>>51168719
MAKE BURN GREAT AGAIN

PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE PAY THE PRICE
>>
>>51168780
what did rich do to deserve this?
>>
>>51167206
I run grave titan in my ad nauseam list, is that a control deck?
>>
>>51168780
There is no greater pleasure than watching the format BURN.
>>
>>51168891
Yes
>>
>>51168650
Tron is one of the most difficult decks to categorize imo, assuming ramp is not an acceptable category itself. It combines elements of aggro, combo, and control decks into one, because it has so much mana that it can get away with it. That's why I've always felt that tron is a midrange deck. It controls aggressive strategies and tries to accelerate out an unanswerable threat against control.
>>
>>51168081
>ad nauseam is a control deck
wat
>>
>>51168719
I agree, it doesn't even have to be land destruction, just make cards to hose nonbasic lands
>>
>>51169163
What aggro elements do you think? It doesn't start doing anything until Turn 3.
What combo is there other than "I can count to 7 now"?
>>
>>51168719
>>51168780
>>51168956
Man, if only price of progress would be printed into the modern card pool.

I play Burn and would cut out white entirely. Hell, the only white cards most decks run are Boros Charm and PtE. Switch to two forests to play around mirror matches. Man, this shit would be great.
>>
>>51169261
You put together three specific cards to win the game, and the whole deck tutors for those cards.
>>
>>51169288
Combo means that when the combination of cards is assembled you win
Tron needs to get its lands out in order to win, but isn't guaranteed victory just because you have all the urza lands
>>
>>51169163
Turn 3 Karn is not aggro, it's a stabilization mechanism comparable to counterbalance+top. Wurmcoil isn't in the deck to swing at your opponent four times, its function is prevent most decks profitable attacks until he is removed, compare to Moat in Miracles.
>>51169288
Tron loses with the minepowertower in play all the time unlike every other actual combo decks that manages to put the pieces together, the lands together are closer to Nacatl+RW shock (advantage synergy) in play than Angel's Grace+Ad Nauseam (game-winning synergy), the mana engine is a prerequisite to enact the deck's game plan of tap-out control, not a means in itself, even though it's possible to just successfully hardcast your payoffs in slower matchups.
>>
>>51169368
Turn 3 karn does everything short of reducing your opponent's life to 0 in terms of winning the game. A karn allowed to jerk itself off in the corner is going to be the vehicle that gets you to whatever thing 20-0s your opponent.

My point about elements is this. Tron can create momentum earlier than a control deck, it can use board wipes to control what is faster than it, and to do these things it assembles a combo. No one of these labels accurately illustrates tron's gameplan.
>>
>>51166479
>They just kill decks to shake up the meta
I'm actually a fan of this.
>>
>>51169502
https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comments/53fwry/modern_scg_on_the_current_state_of_modern/d7sy2ki/?st=ixutti4c&sh=0a60933c

Nothing Karn does beyond hypothetically exiling 54 cards and decking your opponent with a restart satisfies the conditions of rule 104.2.
>>
>>51169645
I said Karn didn't win you the game, it just everything short of actually ending it to get you to a game win state. It's a controlling card, but Tron uses it aggressively, dropping it early to lock the game down while they durdle to a win.

Also
>leddit
W E W L A D
>>
>>51169645
nothing Ad Nauseum and Angel's Grace does satisfies the conditions of rule 104.2 either, but that's the combo of the deck, not lightning storm + lands
>>
>>51169723
>It's a controlling card, but Tron uses it aggressively
What the fuck does this even mean? Would Karn somehow turn defensive if it was tacked on to a counterspellt that required your opponent to make the first move?
>lele attack the source not the message
>>51169724
Well technically the deck can win via natural spoils+Maniac as well, but you most likely get the point. Tronlands are a means of playing the game the way the deck wants to play it, not the finisher.
>>
>>51169807
I'm saying that the way the card is utilized is different than the way you're positing. Take a card like snapcaster, is it aggressive or controlling? The realistic answer is that it depends on the situation. Turn 3 Karn is an aggressive play, it says "answer me or lose", just like bolt snap bolt at an opponent low on health is an aggressive play. Turn 7 Karn is a defensive play, it wants to stabilize, just as snap counterspell is a defensive play.
>>
>>51169893
Against a lot of decks in this format, a turn 3 Karn is very much trying to stabilize
>>
>>51169893
>a turn two counterbalance with top in play is an aggressive play, it says "answer me or lose"
>>
>>51169935
That may be the case, but that's also kind of my point, the context is what's important. That's why I see tron as midrange, it can be aggressive or it can be controlling.
>>
what everybody's opinion on merfolk?
>>
>>51169971
Tron never takes the beatdown role in any of its matchups.
>>
>>51169966
Not him but if you choose you can just build up lands to cast your more expensive cards against counterbalance plus top, whereas karn is doing stuff every turn.
>>
>>51169971
Use the words proactive and reactive instead of aggressive, they make far more sense here
>>
>>51170008
You're probably right, those do make more sense than what I was saying.
>>
>>51169984
Only because modern is so warped there's nothing in the top tiers that's really slower than tron.
>>
>>51169982
I wouldn't call them fish yet they're not quite human either.
>>
>>51170062
I don't see how this is relevant, even hypothetically the only deck that could go longer than Tron would have to be something like 20 lands 39 1cmc exile all spells and abilities on the stack and your opponent discards their hand and one uncounterable n-cmc target player loses the game sorcery. You could make an argument for Levy's Loam Pox being even slower in a vacuum, but that deck has to take the beatdown vs Tron because the latter has a better lategame every time.
>>
>>51169982
Fun, and semi-competitive, but if the meta is full of decks you can't disrupt while you beat then they are just a slower affinity in a sense.
>>
There is literally no reason to brew for Modern.

It sucks.
>>
File: 1445110046181.jpg (65KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
1445110046181.jpg
65KB, 332x313px
>>51170079
>>
>>51170161
Tron is not a particularly slow deck, it plays the biggest cards, sure, but does it for relatively cheap. Tron goes "over the top" of decks to win, it shits out big threat after big threat and does so with relative speed thanks to the lands. Tron vs something like a draw go control deck would win by playing more threats than the control deck could answer, not by controlling them. However, situations like that do not exist in modern because draw go and harder control decks do not exist in modern.
>>
>>51169984
It has to be proactive to beat spell combo decks like Ad Naus because it has almost no way to interact with them.
>>
>>51170376
>average list has like 15 cards mb that directly either hit the combo pieces that have to stick to the board or lands with Nature's Claims among others being common boardable sideboard cards
>doesn't play blue permission so clearly there's no interaction
Sure you can't let the game get to the point where they have pieces a+b in hand and 6 lands to cast them but that doesn't make Ad Nauseam the controlling party of the exchange.
>>
>>51167751
I never said it was targeted to kill Suicide Zoo, but that's the effect. No more free cycle that gives you information and helps you. No more keeping 1 land hands on the draw, no more free prowess on a Swiftspear. The card hurt infect enough to the point where my friend doesn't think it can remain tier 1, and it proved last night when he went 1-3 when a card he had in for probe didn't allow him to either cycle to a card he needed, hit a land drop, or confirm he could go in for the kill. If it does that much to infect which doesn't utilize half of the card as much as suicide zoo does, and you think just running another pump spell is going to make the deck, well you're a retard.
>>
>>51169982
Just ordered the rest of the pieces for my Fish deck actually, since my Storm deck just kinda lost it's greatest cantrip. I like the aggro approach it brings mixed with the disruption of Cursecatcher and Spreading Seas
>>
>>51170697
I said nothing about a pump spell. There's many different spells that could slot into probe's spot, none that will fill all of its roles, of course, but if there was then the ban wouldn't have done anything at all.
>>
>>51170770
Merfolk is currently (HEH) my favorite deck in modern, you've made a fun choice.
>>
>gitaxian probe

I'm getting the same vibes with regards to infect as when people said banning cloud of faeries would kill mono u delver in pauper classic.

Sure - probe vas great in infect, letting you know exactly how much removal you have to deal with, which was sweet, but there are ways to play without it.
>>
>>51170928
Along with playing a 56 card deck and helping cast BI
>>
>>51170792
Was the ban supposed to hurt suicide zoo? Was suicide zoo oppressive and too much of the meta? Nah it wasnt, kill yourself fuckboi
>>
>>51171098
>Was the ban supposed to hurt suicide zoo?
arguably yes, it fit the use of git probe wizards cited perfectly
>Gitaxian Probe increased the number of third-turn kills in a few ways, but particularly by giving perfect information (and a card) to decks that often have to make strategic decisions about going "all-in." This hurt the ability of reactive decks to effectively bluff or for the aggressive deck to miss-sequence their turn. Ultimately, the card did too much for too little cost.
>>
>>51166479
Of course they ban to shake the meta.

Stale LGS events lead to stale playgroups that stop bothering going to the store, and that means a store can lose so many customers they can reach the brink of closing

What's so bad about spicing thing ups? Usually, bans mean changes in lists, and which cards to switch is what differences the good players from the bad players
>>
File: heart of kiran.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
heart of kiran.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
Does this fit in a midrange shell?
>>
>>51171201
no
>>
>>51171142
>less than 3% of the meta
>implYing probe was played on the turn you went off even 20% of the time
>implying it doesn't just gimp infect and kill suicide zoo which has a much stricter list
>implying it's unfair to have perfect information, and the contents of their hand aren't irrelevant more than half the time whereas either they had it and you had to build up and spread your damage, or they didn't have it and you were playing around it anyways, and once in a while you had a clear shot and could get the win you might not have regularly
>>
>>51171311
>they had it and you had to build up and spread your damage
but without information you now have to always do that, slowing down the deck. Which was the exact point of the ban
>>
I don't like the bans but, I can accept them

Blue was lacking in modern severely, Twin was essentially the only decent blue deck at the time and it was pushing other blue decks out, I constantly found myself wondering why the fuck I was even playing Grixis Control when I could just play Grixis Twin

Git Probe was a mistake, like all phyrexian mana spells, they gotta go. They inherently only allow for degenerate shit to happen. Colorless Eldrazi having removal, a 4 colored deck not in blue being able to cantrip and play around blessed alliance for free, ascension decks getting that storm count higher, 56 card decks, etc etc

Pod was simply only going to get better with each good creature being introduced into the format. Thinking of where Pia and Kiran Nalaar belonged in Pod makes me wanna gag

If anything, there's shit on the banlist that really does not deserve to be there anymore

Green Sun's Zenith is legitimately not that broken anymore in comparison to everything else. Turn 1 Dryad Arbor is considered way too good in comparison to SSG, Temple and Opal?
Alongside that, toolbox decks are barely even a thing in the format anymore, there is sufficient hate for the Toolbox Archetype in every color (ie grafdigger's cage) Chord/Evolution/CoCo just don't cut it anymore and these decks need help

Dig Through Time doesn't deserved to be banned

Jace doesn't deserve to be banned, give Control some actual fucking ways of staying alive please

/rant
>>
>>51171378
>these decks need help
nah, there's no guarantee that any specific deck should be good in a format.
GSZ was banned because it shifted all green decks towards toolbox decks, since it was too good not to run it and if you were running it you might as well run a package of creatures to search up.
>>
Give us Dark Depths, I want to have fun in this format again
>>
>>51171098
>being this ass-devestated that another turn 3 kill is out of modern

How can faggots like you play these turn 3 kill decks and not see the ban coming? Wizards has said on many occassions that turn 4 is the sweer spot for kills in modern, any faster risks the ban.
>>
If you didn't cash out of modern when pod was banned you literally deserve everything that happens. It was an obvious sign of things to come.
>>
>>51171554
Pod encroached on design space so much, it wasn't an obvious ban but it wasn't nonsensical
>>
>>51171537
Because infect has been killing turn 2-3 since the start of modern? And banning literally any other card except probe would have been not as completely devastating to suicide zoo?
>>
>>51171585
It was 25% of the meta.
>>
>>51171774
Just use Gut Shot. Might even be better for Suicide Zoo.
>>
>>51171527
All I want is stoneforge mystic.
>>
>>51172091
No, it's really not
>>
>>51171774
But they wanted to hit suicide zoo too?
>>
>>51172272
Why would they want to hit suicide zoo? Not even 3% of the meta and was literally a free win for burn so it would always be kept in check
>>
>>51172639
Because they don't like decks that win turn 3
>>
>>51172639
Breaks the turn 4 rule too often, let Burn do its thing land Shadow -> Temur for the win, sideboard Phyrexian Unlife in and you can't lose.
>>
>>51172671
>infect and affinity literally winning turn 3 since forever
>>51172675
No, you can't "let burn do its thing" I feel like you forget that you don't always draw deaths shadow and half the cards in your deck are a free shock for them
>>
>>51172761
Affinity wins on turn three maybe one game out of ten and that's against zero interaction. Any spot removal to Inkmoth/the one carrying plating/overseer or hell even t1 discard and you're set back by two turns at least.
>>
>>51172789
Wow, spot removal totally kills deaths shadows turn 3 win too, great point though
>>
>>51172825
Death's Shadow doesn't die to Bolt.
>>
>>51172825
DS is basically immune to bolt 100% of the time and the deck runs Thoughtseize to clear way so it goldfishes t3 like a hundred times more consistently than Affinity.
>>
>>51172825
Affinity can't afford space for protection spells and adds bolt to the list of spot removal which works, unlike death's shadow. Great affinity hands win T3 goldfish, great death's shadow hands win T3 through removal, which is the distinction. The turn 4 rule never cared about goldfish wins.
>>
>>51172867
That's true, but literally every other card does, and turn 2 is not the time to play shadow, as he's usually a 1/1,
>>
>>51172881
>Death's shadow runs thought seize main board
Ebin
>>
>>51172883
>great deaths shadows hands win turn 3 through removal
Explain pls, cause I have been playing deaths shadow since Khans and that's literally never happened to me
>>
>>51172761
>>infect and affinity literally winning turn 3 since forever
it's almost like infect got a nerf or something
really makes you think...
>>
>>51172928
Most lists do, yes
>>
>>51172928
Are you retarded?
>>
Is ad nauseam the best deck in the format?
>confuses noobs
>consistently wins on turn 4
>never going to eat a ban
>stomps tron kiddies
>beats burn and affinity
>you get to play laboratory maniac
>>
>>51173025
I think my winrate vs Nauseam with Tron is like 70%
>>
>>51172967
>>51172986
Wow I legitimately did not know that nor did I run it main board as of currently, maybe I can replace probe with it, I'm retarded I'll admit it, I just don't net deck it cause I have run the same list for years and thought seize wasn't a card I thought I needed main board
>>
>>51173071
>a person admits to being wrong on /tg/
These are exciting times.
>>
>>51173025

Rough matchups against Junk and Jund means probably not. I've played it at length on MTGO and though it stomps decks that aren't ready for it, more than one discard spell and you're mostly dead in the water. SB matchups get very slightly better with Leyline but overall not good at all. Infect is also incredibly bad although Infect popularity should see a dip.

I do think it's a strong deck but it won't see tier 1 ever, it's too fair in its turn 4 win speed.

>>51173047

I don't really see how this is possible. The only way Tron beats Ad Nauseam G1 is T3 Karn that attacks lands and the AN player has a poor hand. Unless you're talking about Mono U Tron, Ad Nauseam preys on big mana decks like Tron and Scapeshift
>>
>>51172957
T1: Fetch, Shock, Git probe, Street Wraith, Nacatl
T2: Fetch, Shock, thoughtseize the removal, Death's Shadow, swing, opponent on 17
T3 Shock, swing, battlerage makes 20.
Requires 8 cards of 11/12 you draw, but it's possible. You could switch thoughtseize for Apostle's Blessing but you'd need an additional probe or street wraith
Although it's not creature removal, here's death's shadow winning T2 through interaction. Far less likely hand with this one though.
www.twitch tv/scglive/v/84874486?t=03h48m17s
>>
>>51170770
do you have a list? im planning on building merfolk as well and i want to compare a couple of lists
>>
>>51173238
So right off the bat Ad Nauseam's turn 4 isn't as common as you'd think, if Tron is on the play the LD engine is pretty potent and casting Lotus Bloom is not optional so if the pieces aren't in hand t4 it's a setback of 2 turns at least. Wurmcoil ends the game in 4 swings, Ulamog is gg. After sideboarding you bring in 2 Needles for Lightning Storm, 4 Nature's Claims for every combo piece on the field and 3-4 Sudden Shocks for Laboratory Maniac and you have a hardlock (remember Stirrings finds Needle). Of course they can have the turn 3 nuts and follow it up with turn 4 if you stumble even a little bit, but the deck isn't nearly that consistent, turn 5 goldfish is too slow vs most Tron hands.
>>
>>51173268
I've won turn 2 with a swiftspear 2 mutagenic battle rage and probe. He fetched and shocked, but whatever
>>
>>51171378
>/rant

Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>51171378
JTMS isn't a stabilizer, it makes Uxx immune to BGx midrange.
>>
>>51166479
>wtf I hate Modern now

I used to love playing Twin with DTT against Delver, with Treasure Cruise, Pod and lots of other fun decks. I even had a few sightings of Bloom Titan during this time on MTGO, a year before everyone got so triggered by it. I thought the green deck was sweet, and I greatly enjoyed it after I picked it up. Now, all these decks which were pretty dear to me are banned into oblivion, and the format seems so damn bland, scrubbed clean of anything remotely interesting or exciting. Honestly, I should have just quit Modern when Summer Bloom was banned.
>>
If they're just banning cards to shake the meta up, can they ban urzas tower already? Tron is by far the least fun matchup for everyone, and it would be a huge shakeup.
>>
>>51173809
Nice blog post faggot
>>
>>51173822
What if they just banned Karn instead
>>
>>51173324

If you're having success against Ad Nauseam then great. But when I played Ad Nauseam I generally considered G/x Tron a fantastic matchup that I was happy to see across from me. I would partially agree and say that AN is a turn 4.5 deck rather than a turn 4 deck, agree that a trun 3 Wurmcoil can complicate mana-light hands, but disagree on most everything else. I've never had an Ulamog swing against me as AN, and I don't think I've ever seen one cast in a game that wasn't already over due to Karn.

The Tron hands that have both Pithing Needle and Sudden Shocks are sufficiently low-powered that AN has an extra few turns to build up mana to echoing truth any problem cards after comboing. Pithing Needle on its own does nothing against a deck with Echoing Truth, and Sudden Shock is only ever useful against the Lab Man kill - a kill AN wouldn't go for anyway considering Echoing Truth before Lightning Storm take only one less mana to win with.

For game 1, it's my experience that Tron on the play can beat AN with a turn Karn with some ease. Tron on the play also has a chance at beating AN with a turn 4 Karn, given a very bad draw on the part of AN. No other combination of cards can beat AN game 1 - Wurmcoil might gain you enough life to put you outside of Lightning Storm range but it's a four-turn clock that give AN time to Lab Man win. A very, very poor AN draw can lose to Wurmcoil + in play Oblivion Stone, but I have never had that happen to me.

Games 2 and 3, it's my experience that Tron can slow down AN with wonky hate like Pithing Needle, chalice, explosives, or artifact destruction, but these have never really pushed the match up in its favor for me, especially considering AN will bring in a couple of hand disruption cards and likely an echoing truth (siding out pact of negation and some copies of unlife)

Like I said, if youre having good results more power to you. But my experience and most of the AN guides out mark Tron as a great MU
>>
>>51173891
That could work, but honestly I don't want tronfuckers to even be able to enjoy the format at all. I want the entire community to rally behind a statement: if you enjoy Tron, fuck off.
>>
>>51173912
Even people who play Mono-U, Ux Gifts and the 2 guys who play Mono-B?
>>
>>51173933
Yes. They're playing one of the hardest to interact with combos in the format.

Tron would be fair if the tronlands were creature lands.
>>
>>51173822
Not "everyone" is a whiny bitch like you.
>>
>>51173978
Tronfag detected. Want to know how to trigger the tronfag?

Wasteland needs a modern legal reprint.
>>
>>51173978
>tfw can't stop building decks which auto lose to tron
I just enjoy durdly decks too much and it's impossible to tune them to be good against tron. The time after dredge came into existence but before the rise of GW tron was the best.
>>
>>51173959
>Tron would be fair if the tronlands were creature lands.

how would that change anything? it would just be a buff for tron
>>
>>51174110
Dryad arbor dies to lightning bolt and has summoning sickness.
>>
>>51174110
>Cast Supreme Verdict
>This kills the Tron
>>
>>51174110
> bolt your land
>pyroclasm all your tron pieces away
Tron would be dead with creature labds
>>
what would a Tron-less modern even look like?
>>
>>51174201
People would switch over to UWx control and Martyr Proc to beat GBx. Fast aggro would probably dip a bit because there would be more removal heavy decks.
>>
>>51174201
Probably even more jund or something.
>>
>>51174201
More mid range, but without tron the format has such a low level of noncreature decks purely anti-creature cards like ghostly prison and ensnaring bridge become a lot more playable
>>
>>51174201
Basically nothing but Jund players one-upping themselves with sideboards for the mirror and salty tears about Valakut until everything but Tarmogoyf has been banned from the format.
>>
>>51174235
>>51174285
>playing martyr proc without worrying about tron
meta of my dreams
>>
I'm going to ask again, is there any replacement for probe I'm suicide zoo?
>>
>>51174409
Just run more thoughtseize and accept that it's going to be a little slower
>>
>>51174409
Not really, you can shock yourself or draw cards but not both, just sell out and get a real deck.
>>
Kek I just had an idea for a retarded brew
Torrential Gearhulk + Searing Wind + Twincast effects
Build it like Ad Nauseam except run Looting effects
It'd be so bad but hilarious if it worked
>>
>>51174463
throw in panharmonican so you can searing wind + twincast off one gearhulk
>>
>>51174430
Sell out? Me? Sell out? Listen, bud. I haven't sold out since the day I came into this fucking shitty world. I've been true to myself, and my nigga from day 1. Only thing I'm selling out is a 1 way ticket for my cock down your mother's throat. Who the fuck do you think you are? What even is a "real" deck? What it needs to play retarded power crept 4 drops? I'm sick of your shit, I don't know who you are, even if I've been fucking your mom on the reg for the past 10 years, I don't fuck with that bitches life, she just sucks mt cock and we're done with it. Regardless, I don't know you, but what I do know is I don't fucking like you at all and you make stupid fucking comments on the internet. Fucking bitch ass nigga shut the fuck up.
>>
>>51174533
ooohh good idea
could put in that blue card that flickers to do that too
>>
File: 1434034301231.png (253KB, 423x401px) Image search: [Google]
1434034301231.png
253KB, 423x401px
>>51174557
Thanks anon, this made my day.
>>
What are some cool alters for cards in Ad Nauseam?
Really want to pimp my deck but I don't really care for foils
>>
>>51174533
>they literally just printed Brann bronze beard for mtg
Fucking copying pussies
>>
>>51174641
>really want to pimp my shitty tier 7 faggot never win meme deck
Whats the second to last letter of the alphabet
>>
>>51174652
Kaladesh was probably finished before League of Explorers was even out of concept drafts
>>
>>51174690
>tier 2 is now tier 7
lolwat
>>
>>51174574
Ghostly flicker of essence flux.
>>
>>51174714
This is honestly the reason why mtg is losing the hearthstone. Experienced wow devs can shit out a whole hearthstone expansion in a few months from the ground up and the entirety of wotc takes years to crap out an imbalanced set that stole its selling point from the competition.
>>
>>51174791
heathstone is so poorly balanced it makes magic look near perfect
>>
>>51174791
That has absolutely nothing to do with it and hearthstone expansions are fucking garbage. MEan streets of gadgetzan had literally 10 playable cards out of 132, and 2 of those are the two most broken fucking 1 drops ever made. The reason hearthstone is growing is because it's a fucking mobile game and kid friendly and doesn't cost 100 dollars for a single card
>>
Is nu-kalitas played in modern at all? I opened one and I'm not sure if I should try to sell/trade it now or wait a bit
>>
>>51174409
Gut Shot. Free spells are OP.
>>
>>51174943
Jund plays 1
>>
>>51174943
You mean Yahenni? No.
>>
>>51174963

I might hold onto it then. Who knows, maybe it ends up going up in value, I doubt they're reprinting it in MM2017

>>51174964
Oh you.
>>
>Literally left the game a year ago cause Eldrazi was so fucking stupid
>Go to a Wednesday modern thing
>first match
>bant eldrazi
Literally why, how do I beat this deck? I don't care if it only loses to some shit meme deck I just want to bury this fucking faggot
>>
>>51175285
>bant eldrazi
try not losing to flavor of the month meme decks kiddo
>>
>>51175295
It's tier 1 you nigger, dredge is fotm
>>
>>51175319
Dredge is tier 1 as well.
You act like a child. Fuck off
>>
File: neckbeard-fedora.png (377KB, 594x422px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-fedora.png
377KB, 594x422px
>>51175451
>humph you act like but a simple child, I have no time for your arrogance
>>
>>51175285
Haven't lost to it yet with RG Tron, the deck also can't beat Blood Moon most of the time.
>>
>>51175564
Didn't say that but whatever you need to feel better
>>
File: dcfrgty-544x360.png (142KB, 544x360px) Image search: [Google]
dcfrgty-544x360.png
142KB, 544x360px
>>51175902
>Teleports behind me
>"You dare misconstrue my verbal shellacking in an attempt to make yourself feel better? You'll regret that!"
>>
>>51174964
Yehenni is good, I run him as a two of in Jund
>>
>>51172867

But he dies to push. god bless
>>
just remember...
Grave troll did nothing wrong
>>
>>51176752
It was 100% amalgam that broke the deck
>>
>>51176916
It literally just had to be a 2/2
>>
>>51176928
It needed a clause that said "If prized Amalgam would be destroyed, exile it instead" so you could reanimate ones you dredged but not keep recurring them over and over.
>>
>>51174859
Does a new set of magic ever offer more than one or two modern playable cards?
>>
>>51177059
Yes, on occasuon. And that's not an apt comparison, as you should compare it to standard which gets plenty of new cards after rotation
>>
>>51177006
It would have been unplayable.

Dredge just needs main board playable answers to be printed. Like the ideal solution would be to edit lightning bolt to also exile up to three cards from the graveyard.
>>
>>51171378
>Blue was lacking in modern severely, Twin was essentially the only decent blue deck at the time and it was pushing other blue decks out, I constantly found myself wondering why the fuck I was even playing Grixis Control when I could just play Grixis Twin
god bless them for giving our much needed variety in blue, i sure am loving my new blue meta,there are so many efficient ways to build it i basically bring a new deck every week now.
>deck not in blue being able to cantrip
what the fuck are you talking about? Do shit and draw a card is not blue only. Do you want to ban manamorph as well?
>>
>>51177059
Oath of the Gatewatch
>>
>>51177107
>bluefags still complaining about not enough diversity in blue decks
>still here waiting for white decks to exist at all
>>
>>51177107
>Seven visions is the most powerful card """"""filtering""""""""" we're allowed to play with
Consistency isn't a bad thing wizards you fucking likes, God I hate how they just refuse to let control or combo be a thing
>>
>>51177174
No one gives a shit about white, it was literally the most boring meme color that does nothing but gay durdle shit
>>
best mono-color deck of each color?
>>
Is Collective Brutality a fad?
>>
>>51177326
All mono color decks are fucking trash
>>
>>51169226
Something that stops lands from using non-mana abilities would be fun.
>>
>>51177334
Depends on what it's against
It's solid against the midrange decks but that's about it. It's not amazing but worth a slot since it can sometimes 2 for 1
>>
>>51177326
Red: Burn
Green: Stompy
Black: 8Rack
Blue: Utron?
White: Soul Sisters
>>
>>51177360
It's great against burn and infect too
>>
>>51177403
Ah yeah that too
Anything with small creatures and strong spells
>>
Thank you PVDdR for this DANK meme brew

Lands
4 x Wooded Foothills
4 x Windswept Heath
1 x Verdant Catacombs
1 x Bloodstained Mire
1 x Dryad Arbor
2 x Sacred Foundry
1 x Temple Garden
2 x Stomping Grounds
1 x Breeding Pool
1 x Forest
1 x Plains
1 x Mountain
Creatures
3 x Noble Hierarch
4 x Birds of Paradise
4 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
3 x Griselbrand
2 x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
4 x Simian Spirit Guide
Spells
4 x Brain in a Jar
4 x Kari Zev's Expertise
4 x Sram's Expertise
4 x Beck // Call
4 x Breaking // Entering
>>
>>51177326
Red: 8whack
Black: 8rack
Green: Elves
Blue: Merfolk
White: Death and Taxes
>>
>>51177368
Utron is best U and tron
>>
>>51177501
>get anything that's not emrakul into play
>lose
>>
The only reason twin is still banned is just because unbanning it would be wizards acknowledging that they are retards
>>
>>51177917
re-banning troll already proves this false
>>
>>51177917
>"We feel that their are many more answers available than at the time we first banned Splinter Twin, so we feel comfortable unbanning it at this time. Of course you may just need to think of this as a 'trail run' in case it appears Splinter Twin is too strong."

They can do whatever they want for whatever reasons they want.
>>
>>51177963
Goddamnit, I meant "there".
>>
>>51177963
There really aren't though. Which is the funny thing cause if they ever do unban twin this will be the shtick
>>
>>51168081
>jund is control
>ad nauseum is control
Thank you /tg/, never change.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>51166479
>I want it to stop
Imagine being so cucked by a format that you built three $1000 decks, had all of them banned, and still shell out more money to stay competitive
>>
>>51178683
Imagine being so cucked by a format that you buy almost entirely new decks every time a new set comes out, leaving 90% of your older cards worthless, when you shelled hundreds of $ for them - just to stay competitive.

I still can't imagine why people play standard or modern.
>>
>>51178683
Its at this point you build something like Jund or Burn which are good but can never be better or faster then they already are and thus cant be banned, something mediocre that flies under the radar like Scapeshift, Ad Nauseam, Bant Eldrazi, or Abzan CoCo, or you just sell out and buy into Legacy. Whatever you do stop playing the best, most quick and consistent deck in Modern. Stop playing things you have a fear might get the hammer, yes this includes Affinity even though I doubt that'll get it.
>>
I'm curious if printing Blossoming Defense added to their decision to ban Probe
>>
File: Alex Valle.png (171KB, 281x326px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Valle.png
171KB, 281x326px
>mfw Tron is never going to get banned out
>>
>>51179065
I play Naya Burn in Modern. Its a good deck, wins often, and like I said it cant really ever be broken its as fast as it can possibly get and it loses to interaction like removal and discard so Wizards is fine with it. I also have RUG Scapeshift which is mediocre I play it occasionally. In Legacy I play the same deck Burn and in addition I play Lands. The only reason ive stayed in Modern is because I ended up building a deck that didnt get banned, if I had built Twin or Dredge I wouldve sold out completely.
>>
>>51177360

>it can sometimes 2 for 1

no, it can sometimes 2 for 2. But that's good enough when you're more interested in forcing your opponent out of gas than keeping your own cards and possibly turning on grave interactions.
>>
>>51166479
fuck probe, fuck twin, fuck pod, fuck infect, and fuck uncreative metagaming yawn decks.
>>
>>51178683
I knew a guy who ate Twin, Pod, Bloom bans and I'm assuming just ate an Infect ban.

I wonder how he feels about the game at the moment.

>>51179110
I've always felt that Modern feels like none of the cards have overlap. There's only one Mana Leak deck, one Remand deck, one Abrupt Decay deck, and a couple Thoughtseize or Swiftspear decks. The most common cards are Path, Bolt, and Probe. When it comes to lands you've really only got one Colonnade deck and one Tarpit deck.

The other cards are often just devoted to a singular deck. If the deck eats it for whatever reason the only transferable cards are your fetches.

I think if people were to become more conscious of this fact Modern would collapse entirely. Because people currently value large collections they don't realize so it only seems like they can pivot to another deck because they stupidly owned half the cards.

Even a deck like Burn the vast majority of the spells are not transferable to other decks. Jund is composed of mostly very flexible cards so it is fine no matter what happens.
>>
>>51179065
Also I have to add I didnt plan on even building Burn. When I started playing the game competitively I was still a super noob who didnt even know what the top tier decks were, but strangely instead of getting into Standard like most new FNM players do I ended up wanting to play Modern with because I wanted to be able to use more cards thinking itd be better that way since I wouldnt have to buy packs and keep up with what was currently coming out. I ended up making a terrible Goblins deck that happened to have 4 Goblin Guides i bought when they were like $28, 4 Blood Moons Mainboard, 4 Lightning Bolts, 4 Searing Blaze etc. I even had 4 Wooded Foothills for the deck despite it being Mono R because I knew it could make Searing Blaze instant but I didnt know about it being able to fetch dual lands lol
Eventually after becoming familiar with the game I realized the deck was bad and that I needed to play a deck that was established so i chose Burn because I had most the expensive pieces like the Guides and some fetches
>>
>>51179250
Jund is however very expensive to buy into and at that point you might as well buy into legacy for additional ~$800 or less.
>>
>>51179318
Only if you actually want to play Legacy. Some prefer Modern and to be fair with Jund you have one of the best modern decks that will be around forever.
>>
Tron is offensive to the game.
>>
>>51179352
You could play Jund in both Legacy and Modern.

Then again, if you just want to just play Jund, you might as well stick to Modern where it's arguably a slightly better deck than it is in Legacy.
>>
>>51179318
I understand you're trying to help but I'm not spending another dollar on this game on the secondary or retail market - I made this decision a while ago since like RTR. I'm sorry that it will hurt my store.

I want to see Legacy die. I feel like too much of the money goes to large stores due to the online market and them having huge stock or Wizards and very little value stays at stores because players have been conditioned to pay peanuts for admission to events.

I'm tired that so much of the game isn't even about the game anymore. Normally, I'd be happy with aggressive bans except in this case and ONLY this case you need to shell out hundreds of dollars to get a substitute.

The only other situation I've encountered that is as annoying financially is when my friend was slammed with a ban on his rifle by the government some months after he bought it. He wasn't out a weapon but it was $500 paperweight that he suddenly could not sell.
>>
>>51177731
Post list? I've been wanting to modern for a while now and UTron seems interesting
>>
>>51179399
Yeah in Legacy its just not very good. I like both formats equally but for different reasons. I like Legacy because you get to play with basically any card you want, its free from Wizards bullshit ( DTT and Treasure Cruise were the last bans and they were 100% needed and justified), and the format has a ton of variety.
Yes there is bullshit like Turn 1 Sire of Insanity, Turn 1 Emrakul, Turn 2 Tendrils with 9 Storm and crazy Eldrazi openings but the format has the ability to fight these things and they dont happen that often. Playing Burn and Lands my worst matchups are the combo decks too.
I like Modern because its a little slower and has a different approach to the gameplay, theres generally more going on on the battlefield and theres a little less power to the plays. Also it fires more often so theres that.
>>
Name a deck that's
>fun
>won't get banned out
>can 4-0 FNM
>Less than $400
>>
>>51179444
>I want to see Legacy die
Fuck you
>>
>>51179531
Marty proc
>>
>>51179531
Theres nothing that fits those criteria. Not one deck can fit all those. If you up the price to less then $1000 then Burn can.
>>
>>51179444
>I want to see Legacy die
Well bad news, son. The tournament attendance is rising every year.

Mainly because more and more people move out of Modern into Legacy eventually. Not that it hurts Modern, which just gets influx of new players or people playing multiple formats.

Also, FYI - most stores are only able to keep themselves alive by buying mass product and then either holding onto it to resell once price rises online or breaking it down and selling singles for profit. The product they sell at the store itself is fucking 10%-20% of product they order at best.
>>
>>51179558
If eternal formats die holding onto sealed product won't make you a profit though
>>
>>51179538
This looks interesting but how does it not immediately scoop to Tron

>>51179554
Is Boros Burn not possible for <$400?
>>
>>51179584
What lol?
Unless you think Modern is also an Eternal format - that makes zero sense.

Additionally - old product (pre-8th Edition) + some sets like Ravnica and Innistrad will always hold value, even if there would be no more Legacy and Vintage or even Modern.

There will always be collectors, there will always be people who want to experience nostalgia via draft, etc.

Also, Eternal formats will never die, because non-WotC companies that support Eternal formats have invested into Eternal singles/sealed product far too much to ever let it die, not to talk about Eternal communities being much less retarded about MtG in general than Highlander/Modern/Standard are.
>>
>>51179605
Budget Burn is possible for probably $4-500. It'll be good.
>>
>>51179605
G1 you try and get a 6/6 Serra ascended asap but likely lose anyway, after sideboard you either have a transformative more aggressive dnt list or just do what I do and complain on tg about how tron is bullshit.
>>
>>51179655
To be fair, Tron is bullshit. The format would be far better with wasteland, or a Tron ban.
>>
>>51179714
>I can't beat non tier-1 deck.
>Lets introduce 2nd best land destruction in-game to fuck over all decks in general.
>Tron will just play Pithing Needle/Crucible
I love this community.
>>
What should I replace probe with in grixis delver? I'm already playing thought scour. Sleight of hand seems like the next best thing
>>
>>51179784
I have no problem beating Tron, and even played it for a time. It's still bullshit. Land based combos should not be a thing without effective removal for lands.
>>
>>51179605
>This looks interesting but how does it not immediately scoop to Tron
If you're mono W then you run 4 GQ, 3 Tec Edge or something silly

If you're Wb then post board I imagine you have discard and extractions

It's still an awful MU though
>>
>>51179844
4 Serum Visions, 4 Thought Scour should be your only cantrips
>>
How to fix Tron:

Print the following:
>w, instant, exile target creature or nonbasic land. It's controller may search for a basic.
>r, instant choose one: deal 2 damage or destroy target nonbasic land
>g enchantment, if enchanting a basic, add extra mana when it is tapped. If enchanting a nonbasic, looses all abilities.
>B, sorcery, look at a have, choose a card that isn't a basic land, they discard, you lose 2 life.
>>
>>51179968
those are way better than just being tron hate cards
everyone would jam that W card as PtE 5-8
>>
>>51179968
Wasteland is more balanced than these cards, anon.

Tron would be fine if its only threats were Karn and Wurmcoil, with some slight ability to tutor for something big like Emrakul. That's how it was before BFZ. Now there's a whole bunch of broken Eldrazi cards with cast triggers, colorless utility spells, and so on. The deck should die hard to countermagic and die less hard to discard, but it just doesn't.
>>
>>51179997
Good. The problem with Tron is that you have to sideboard against it. Very rarely is there a main deck option for dealing with it, because wizards has decided people's mana bases should be sacred.

Print good cards that also happen to fuck with nonbasic lands, but are worth running against nontron decks, and tron becomes fair.
>>
If you want to go mental, print

Urza's Smaller Tower
Land Urza's Tower
T: Add 1 to your mana pool. If you control an Urza's Mine and an Urza's Power-Plant, add 2 to your mana pool instead.

and then ban Urza's Tower
>>
>>51179997
>everyone would jam that W card as PtE 5-8
No, Path would be that card 5-8.

>>51180061
You can't just hand out land destruction in all colors though because it snowballs and becomes its own strategy. Modern is right on the edge of having enough LD for RG Ponza to really break out. Legacy has stuff like Lands and Pox with only Wasteland and Sinkhole to work with. The amount of land destruction needed to kill Tron would totally fuck the fetch-shock mana bases every other deck runs.
>>
>>51180127
Another good outcome. Nonbasic manabases should be a strategic decision, not something that is automatically correct to do if you have the funds.
>>
Nigga, just main tectonic edge.
>>
>>51180127
>If a land would be tapped for more than 1 converted mana, destroy it instead
>1WW
Easy peasy. Maybe 2W.
>>
Tron isn't a problem. Eldrazi's are.

The damn things were a winter in standard and are a deck in Modern, Legacy and Vintage.
>>
>>51180166
Tec edge is useless though.
>>
>>51180175

You're right, Modern does need more silver bullet sideboard gameplay
>>
>>51180166
Unplayable against tron
>>
>>51180180

Are... you suggesting decks shouldn't be allowed in more than one format?

Eldrazi is perfectly fine everywhere it's played. What's even the problem?
>>
>>51180175
>Tron player taps all his shit to play Ugin or Ulamog
>you still lose
>>
>>51180183
Sideboard gameplay is far better than pure match up lottery, and favors slow fair decks with tools to stabilise mb over fast ones
>>
>>51180203
It's a replacement effect, they don't get any mana
>>
>>51180183
This is why Tron and dredge are busted. You need to use silver bullets to beat them, rather than having good cards that also happen to hamper their game plan.
>>
File: 1476538253131.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1476538253131.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>51180166
>tectonic edge
>against tron
>>
Just run 4 Commandeer mainboard
>>
>>51169263

I like black for Bump in the Night and Rakdos Charm. I miss the days of RWB burn before Atarka's Command.
>>
>>51180384
>I miss the days of RWB burn before Atarka's Command.
Back when Burn was tier 2 at best?

I miss those days, too
>>
>>51180309
>have to play blue in modern
I'll take my chances against Karn thanks
>>
File: IMG_6522.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6522.png
131KB, 223x311px
What decks stand to gain the most from the immediate post AER/banning meta? I think Bant Eldrazi or Abzan
>>
>>51180576
Grixis Delver is a big winner, I think

All other forms of Delver got shit on, though
>>
>>51180576
Sultai and Grixis delver
>>
>>51180600
Im totally not familiar with grixis delver lists, but git probe ban doesnt hurt you? I didnt think push would matter that much since you arent really starved for killspells in grixis.

>>51180623
sultai def gains a lot. I think grim flayer sultai could be serious
>>
File: modules.jpg (118KB, 669x311px) Image search: [Google]
modules.jpg
118KB, 669x311px
How do I make this work in Modern? I want to make an energy deck with the modules. I don't need it to be tournament viable but I want it to be good enough to not always lose in my casual group. What else should I include? Bristling Hydra? Aethergeode Miner? Greenbelt Rampager? Servant of the Conduit?
You don't need to make me a decklist, just name a couple cards you think would work well in such a deck.
>>
>>51180658
good luck bud
>>
>>51180656
Some of the more successful versions of the list didn't run it (eschewing Pyromancer as well) and the difference between Push and Terminate in a tempo deck is big. No longer needing BR on turn two eases up the mana a lot, too.

I guess techincally Esper and Sultai benefit more from the one mana removal spell, but not enough to make them viable as Delver shells.

There might be hope for a new control deck in those colors, although I think the current Esper control shell would rather run Condemn or Blessed Alliance than Push.
>>
>>51180732
Interesting, i figured it had something to do with BR vs B

And yeah, I def dont think this is what esper needed, but other black shells are happy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-08-11-11-50~2.jpg (274KB, 1440x1838px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-08-11-11-50~2.jpg
274KB, 1440x1838px
>>51180658
This is a bad thopter foundry combo.
Play thopter foundry.

>>51180656
I'm actually going bigger in my Sultai delver list. Tasigur and gurmang to punish decks getting overzealous with push the first week of the meta.
>>
>>51180732
>I guess techincally Esper and Sultai benefit more from the one mana removal spell, but not enough to make them viable as Delver shells.
Couldn't you run a sultai Monkey Grow type shell with Flayers, Goyfs, Delvers, Push, Decay and the ilk? Something like a more disruptive Jund build? Sounds like there's a lot of potential there now
>>
Am I huge douche for using slivers?
>>
>>51180783
I was really considering angel chord for the same reason of going bigger since Im expecting less cage hate since "dredge is dead guys" and push does nothing to that deck for the most part, but i think bant eldrazi would be safer and the same things hold true.

I think individual winning cards are stuff like big delve boys as you said and lingering souls

>>51180799
I think that deck might be better without delvers tho, maybe im wrong, but i def see a list like that popping up once aer comes out

>>51180819
no
>>
>>51180819
That's a name I haven't heard in a long while
Nah you're totally cool, I love slivers
>>
>>51180819
>tier 7 deck
You're fine mate.
>>
>>51180758
>Interesting, i figured it had something to do with BR vs B
The ability to go Island->Delver and then fetch a Blood Crypt and have mana for 90% of your spells is nice.

Esper midrange definitely wants Push. If there's a lot of blue decks running around in the new meta I could see an Esper Geist deck being successful. Geist backed up by discard is every bluefag's worst nightmare.
>>
>tfw got home and realized that dark confidant is worth around 40 and 2 griselbrands is about 22 and i just lost almost 20 dollars of value in a trade because my brain turned off at the wrong time

>>51180799
imo madrills outclass flayer in a tempo deck

>>51180576
UB fae is pretty psyched about push.
>>
>>51179250
i know a guy that finished his twin deck the tuesday before the ban, he never even got to actually play it, then he imediately sold all the twin pieces to buy into the mono black eldrazi deck that became a thing the same day as the twin ban so all the salt
>>
>>51177931
They were retarded to ever unban it in the first place, they should also ban Stinkweed Imp and Golgari Thug.
>>
>>51182010
Woah there mark, this isn't your tumblr
>>
>>51182025
If you think Dredge belongs to a format without FoW, DRS turn 2 scooze+activate off GSZ Dryad Arbor and faster viable combo I don't know what to say to you. I'm sorry?
>>
>>51182047
>FoW against modern dredge
it would be sided out
>>
>>51182104
No? :D If you let Cathartic Reunion resolve and you didn't land t0 leyline/t1 cage as Uxx you just basically lost.
>>
>>51182047
>needing all this hate to win vs dredge
Maro, only you could be so bad you filthy jude
>>
>>51182113
>legacy or vintage dredge
>running memetic reunion
Is your iq on the double digits shitter boi?
>>
>>51182244
It's really hard to have a discussion with you when you change formats like underwear.
>>
>>51182259
It is hard to discuss with someone who started playing last week and is a shitter, IE you.

FoW is shit vs dredge.
Dredge is a memedeck, it preys on shitty players like you.

If you need more than a relic to win vs dredge you bad bitch nigga.
>>
>>51182280
Fow WOULD BE GOOD vs MODERN Dredge and is sometimes good vs Legacy as well especially if you're on the draw, since the latter wants to resolve Breakthrough and Faithless Looting to get going.
Dredge is pretty unstoppable beyond sideboard bullets (sometimes even Leyline doesn't do it, see Tom Ross) and faster goldfishes in Modern.
I have no issues with the deck but it's unhealthy to have in the format.

Now fuck off and try to reply to what is said next time.
>>
Tron is so easy to shit on, you don't even know.

And that's coming from an avid Tron player.
>>
>>51182360
>If you just lose game 1 then draw your silver bullet, Tron is SO easy to beat
>t. Modern cuckold
>>
File: IMG_1435.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1435.png
116KB, 223x311px
>>51182429
Run pic related in your sideboard. Yay, you just won games 2 and 3.
>>
>>51182469
Sure but what do I do about the Karn you landed T3?
>>
>>51182469
>Run pic related in your sideboard
I love how that poster explicitly made fun of you by attacking a strawman based around drawing silver bullets, then you straight up replied by saying you can draw your silver bullets.

You actually can't write this shit.
>>
>>51182478
>T1 Pithing Needle
>Name Karn Liberated
>>
>>51182496
>le silver boolit format ;^)
>>
Which non-viable card would need only one stat changed by 1 to make it a modern staple?
>>
>>51182496
>entire hand is sideboard cards
>tron hardcasts ugin instead
>>51182511
make ulamog 1 cost instead of 11
>>
>>51182511
Cancel.
>>
>>51182486
>>51182505
Just because you can draw a silver bullet doesn't necessarily mean you will, just like how I can drop a T3 Karn doesn't necessarily mean I will. Sometimes you have to take the chance.
>>
>>51182524
The theory is you'll have prevented Karn from being played and shut down one of the Tron lands before they have the chance to play Ugin.
>>
>>51182542
>Sometimes you have to take the chance
Modern's problem is you ALWAYS have to take the chance.
>>
>>51182558
Yeah, and then go face with my pithing needles
>>
>>51182567
>Phyrexian Revoker
>>
>>51182469
What is Warping Wail and hardcast Wurmcoil/Karn against any deck that runs this.
>>
>>51182047
>>51182280
>>51182301
i play UB Reanimator in legacy i will side out 2-3 copies of FOW against dredge, mostly because the deck literally dies to elesh norn if it doesn't have a killspell, on top of really the only spell you care about countering is dread return, and if they don't have anything to sac to the return then its unplayable shit
>>
>>51182773
>i play UB Reanimator
okay so what? You could win that matchup by picking your nose, we're talking fair decks here.
>>
>>51182793
the point being that FOW is actually bad against dredge, because there's not really any game winning spells to counter
>>
>>51182793
>>51182807
baisiclly all of dredge's wincons are cheaty-faced in they aren't casted so FOW is useless
>>
This is the worst format for thread discussion bar none
"Ban X and Ban Y its oppressive! Oh my god wizards just banned Z theyre killing the game!"
Make up your fucking minds either you want them to stop interfering and banning decks or you dont. Stop calling for Affinity and Tron to be banned because your tier 4 shitbrew Grixis Zombies deck cant beat them
>>
>>51182882
>Stop calling for Affinity and Tron to be banned because your tier 4 shitbrew Grixis Zombies deck cant beat them
I refuse, tron is cancer
>>
>>51182827
Yes and no. Dredge still has to cast Dread Return, it's just that they have a very easy time finding them, meaning a single Force of Will is useless, and a second one has gutted your hand to the point where you're going to lose to the next one which is coming in like 2 turns tops.
>>
>>51182905
You are the reason Modern is cancer. When a deck you dont like comes around you stomp your feet and cry to maro on twitter about how unfair it is. Newsflash everyone hates certain decks, ive heard people rail against Infect, Affinity, Tron, Jund and even fucking Burn. That doesnt mean the deck needs to be banned.
>>
>>51182954
I've never had a problem with any of those decks, because wizards didn't declare that no cards are allowed to interact with the main permanent those decks rely on
>>
Noob here, isn't tron just straight up ramp?
>>
>>51174533
That's not how torrential gearhulk works
>>
>>51182977
Yes and no. The mana it has access to spikes really fucking hard on turn 3, but the main reason people hate it is because the source of the mana spike is land and land alone. It's a combination of 3 specific lands that gives them all the mana, and they run a bunch of cheap ways to dig for specific land. This doesn't sound so bad, but land is almost impossible to interact with effectively in Modern, making Tron almost impossible to interect with effectively. People say dumb shit like "muh Pithing Needle" and "muh Crumble to Dust", but honestly none of those cards are true answers in the least. Not only are you running nowhere near enough copies of them in your sideboard to reliably draw into them, but they're still not good enough.
>>
>>51183007
I mean, I'm not questioning it is a pain to deal with, but the fact it is control or combo. Ramp is usually so bad it doesn't appear anywhere that isn't tron, so people aren't used to the name
>>
>>51183065
It's purely because Tron ramps without casting any spells into things that are so big and hard to deal with that it catches people out. You're playing Burn and your opponent drops a turn 3 Wurmcoil Engine. Now what? You're playing Merfolk and your opponent drops a turn 4 Ugin. Now what? Not to mention that if a Tron player goes first, turn 3 Karn sets you back to 1 land, potentially disrupting your curve so much that you can't come back.
>>
>>51179531
Mono green stompy
>>
>>51182954
Fuck you, everyone hates Tron except tronfags.
>>
>>51179968
>Strictly better path
>Absurdly strong shock
>Absurdly strong utopia sprawl
>Strictly better thoughtseize
These wouldn't hate out just Tron, they would hate out every 3 color deck in modern.
>>
>>51183007
You can also Ghost Quarter and Exirtipate or Surgical their lands making it impossible for them to get Tron.
>>
>>51183007
What is ghost quarter plus surgical extraction for 400 alex
>>
File: zx.jpg (105KB, 658x306px) Image search: [Google]
zx.jpg
105KB, 658x306px
Except for Harsh Scrutiny, which is quiet situational.

Why aren't these used more often?
>>
>>51183990
>>51183990
One card that puts you behind on lands, punishing you for trying to interact, and another situational sideboard card at best.
>>
>>51184023
Scrutiny doesn't hit everything, though I imagine it could be a sideboard choice for certain matchups. Game 1 you'd rather IoK or TS because they hit everything.

Innocent blood isn't modern legal

The life loss on vendetta can make it pretty bad. Nonblack can come up more than you'd think. There is less conditional removal with similar downside, as well as many 2 mana options that also don't have a drawback.
>>
File: 1432142945979.jpg (59KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1432142945979.jpg
59KB, 680x680px
>>51184069
>>
>>51184069
It's funny how nobody Ive ever played cares that i play tron and my local meta is huge. All i ever get is "hey thats a cool build". Modern generals are so full of angry fools. It's just a card game
>>
>Eldrazi Tron is the premier budget deck in the format
Why do plebs still build shitty budget burn instead of a deck that wins?
>>
New thread
>>51184434
>>51184434
>>51184434
>>
>>51179531
Mono green devotion. Im not memeing ive done it.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.