[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5e Campaign necessities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: airship.jpg (206KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
airship.jpg
206KB, 375x500px
I'm new to DnD and am looking to run a 5e campaign with some other new people. What resources, sets, and books do we need?
Pic related I want to make it an airship campaign.
>>
Get the 3 core books and work from that.
>>
>>51164815
You want Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide and Monster Manual. You can buy them if you want to support the official release, or you can go to /5eg/ and download them from the mega.
>>
>>51167115
Thanks!
>>
>>51167115
I'd recommend at least a physical copy of the PHB as its used quite a alot during play to refrence spells and such.
also for an airship campaign you.might want a loose map of were they can travel (just major landmarks and landscape feutures) that you can add to as they doscover more places.
>>
>>51164815
To start with, you only need the free basic rules:
http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/PlayerBasicRulesV03.pdf
http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/DMBasicRulesV05.pdf

The starter set is great because it comes with a level 1-5 adventure module and some dice in addition to the basic rules, so if you want to run an adventure rather than homebrew I'd recommend that.

Check out the pdfs of the DMG if you're new to role-playing games or D&D, PHB if you want to check out the broader rules for combat, traveling etc., and the monster manual if you want more detailed information on monster creation and such as well as a lot more monsters.

The PHB and MM are good to have physically to look up rules and monsters, but aren't necessary to play IMO.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.