[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critical Role Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_8279.jpg (314KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8279.jpg
314KB, 1200x824px
Can we all agree that Keyleth/Marisha is the worst both IC and OOC?
>>
agreed.
>>
>>51164015
The shining example of DM's girlfriend at play.
>>
I'm not a member of Vox Machina but I was so mad when Keyleth instigated a fight with Raishan because of muh revenge
>>
>>51164745
Good thing she just decided to run away instead of easily wiping the group of adventurers that if allowed to regroup could easily kill her...
>>
This episode is the one that made me understand the people claiming Matt makes the game too easy for them

I mean, what's the point of having the resurrection minigame if it's only DC10?

It's harder to make a death save than to resurrect the dead?
>>
>>51165912
But Resurrection typically has no DC.

Maybe it's an "easy save," but Mercer's resurrection mechanics are literally more punishing than the default
>>
>>51165945

Not really, given that he lets them retcon having the reagents
>>
>>51164015
Are those assholes in the picture the actual assholes from the show?
Damn, these assholes put in a lot of effort.
>>
>>51165852
Because who uses logic anymore?
>>
>people still take le obviously semi scripted meme show seriously

Such nurds xDDDDD
>>
>>51166017
Dude, they have Raise Dead. There is no obstacle to a party bring a dead member back at their level other than damage being done to the body.

Also, did they not have 500g worth of diamonds? 'Cause that's kinda pittance at their level. I'm pretty sure they just pulled it out the bag of holding which, yeah, that's not surprising.

Death isn't that difficult to overcome in 5e unless you start throwing enemies that fuck with the body. The resurrection ritual easy, but it's harder than the default.
>>
File: 146012688.jpg (32KB, 270x230px) Image search: [Google]
146012688.jpg
32KB, 270x230px
>>51164015
Simple question - is it worth watching? I'm not talking about having good moments here and there, but actually watching all of it.
>>
>>51167144
...I mean all campaigns are a little semi-scripted. Lots of DMs'll have an overarching plot or a quest-line n mind, he'll adapt to what the players do while trying to reintroduce as many resource they've already made as possible. That seems fair, it's a style of DMing.
>>
Travis is only one worth watching of the regular cast

>>51167247
It's ok if you know nothing of DnD or TTRPGs in general
>>
>>51167266
I could listen to Mercer talk all day. Shame most of the players are shit.
>>
>>51167359
Oh yeah Mercer is 9/10 husbando, but i'd imagine he's vanilla as hell if you talk to him normally

He had a sweet Geralt cosplay tho
>>
>>51164015

Are we supposed to seriously believe those girls are roleplayers?
>>
>>51167385
...Yeah? I mean, they do. Not that well, to be honest (Vex is alright) but they do. I mean they're not supermodel hot - they are voice actors, not regular actors.
>>
>>51166017
I don't think he does, I believe he just simplified it when he started giving out loot piles large enough to warrant their being a table for gold coins AND gems in the X-Y gold coin range.

I do remember him saying that the party got some amount (several thousand to tens of thousands worth of gp) in gems back when they killed Vorugal just to simplify things.

And I believe it's assumed that for spells that require expensive reagents (like Revivify or Raise Dead) they're given ahead of time to the people who can cast it (Pike, Keyleth).
>>
>>51167403

The red-haired one looks like a slut.
>>
>>51167266
Ok, let's reformat the question - how does it compare to Gamers?
>>
>>51167403
Laura's improved her roleplaying since they started filming their game sessions (from mediocre to pretty good), Marisha has stated that Keyleth is meant to be this moral ground and awkward character to roleplay as a challenge for herself to improve her roleplay skills (for better or worse).

Ashley is the only one of the group that's an actual actor but it's a combination of Pike's personality and Ashley's relative inexperience with tabletops in general (this campaign was her first one period) that makes her roleplay seem awkward.
>>
>>51167247
Watch episode one and see if you can deal with the cast. If you can't deal with Orion he leaves around 24ish?

I think it's alright, some characters/players are better than others (Travis role plays pretty well compared to others)

As with many things, give it a shot yourself and make a decision after.
>>
>>51167247
I think it's pretty good to watch. Matt is an excellent dm and so there's a lot to learn about how to dm from him. Sam and Travis are top tier players we are entertaining to watch but are by far the best role players. Everyone else is hit or miss except for Marisha (and Orion when he was there). Plus Ashley is my waifu
>>
>>51167430
You're probably not wrong
>>
>>51167922
If I had time to watch entire episode, I wouldn;t be asking questions while circling tabs in the office, would I?

So far this thread convinced me to avoid it like fire
>>
>>51168223
Honestly the first 20-ish episodes are skippable. They help introduce you to the characters and some of their intricacies, but the growing pains of the first dozen episodes combined with tech issues take away some of that enjoyment.

It's around episode 24 or 25 when the second arc begins and things really pick up there. Also, you don't have to watch it; it's entirely possible to just listen to it like a podcast and you'll get 90-95% of everything said. You just miss out on the reactions from the players when they get killing blows or natural 20s or a tense moment occurs.
>>
I'm really starting to fucking hate Percy and how Taliesin plays him, like he tries to play the character like he's clever af but since Taliesin isn't it just comes off as incoherent
>>
>>51168436
He seems more like the alpha player to me how he tries to tell everyone else how to play or what to do in combat
>>
>>51167933
Laura has the prettiest face but dat ass on Ashley is something else
>>
>>51164015

I want to fuck the girl with the fake white hair
>>
It's a shake Travis is stuck with a relatively simple character and that he's really a smart guy. Maybe the smartest of the group.

I stopped watching after a bit because I couldn't stand the girls trying to be smart and make terrible plans and shit, but I'm thinking about picking it back up again. Plus lizard guy was being a bitch, but I know he leaves eventually.

Mercer's GMing is pretty decent though. He's been trying to set up games for him to play in with Rollplay.
>>
What do you anons think is going to happen tonight?
>>
>>51167495
It's a completely different thing. Gamers is a much shorter comedic film, while this is just a filmed unedited multi-hour DnD game
>>
God damn the Thordak fight was so underwhelming for how much build up there was.

>>51168640
Gonna need pics for proof
>>
>>51168640
She also has a beautiful singing voice
>>
>>51168436
Taliesin also said in one of Q&As that Percy thinks he's smarter than he is
>>
>>51172938
It was so incredibly underwhelming. I feel like Kvarn and the Briarwoods were so much more exciting
>>
>>51173353
Yeah, I know, Thordak was literally not!Deathwing and got the dicking. I was expecting them to go in and be cocky like usual and all get one shot by his breath weapon. I guess Matt giving them resist potions and a gorillian magic items on top of babying them makes things difficult to balance anything. I know he's gonna pull the whole "Thordak was Raishan's or X BBEG's pawn all along!!!", just so frustrating not a single person even got downed I think besides one nobody npc.
>>
>>51167247
It's pretty good overall, a few rough patches here and there.
>>
>>51174266
When he handed out just enough fire resist potions for everyone who needed them you could tell he was going to go easy on them
>>
>>51174561
An other instance of him going easy on them was the resurrection rules.
Up until the recent episode it always been 3 cheeks, starting at DC 10, decrease by 3 for success, increase by 1 for fails and a final roll by the DM to see if it works. He said many times he wants resurrection to be a part of the world, but not to be too easy and therefore giving death an actual meaning as the spell can fail.
In comes the Raishan fight were he randomly drop his rules to a single roll because they're in a fight and he knows that even with all the shit he gave them they're still gonna lose so he makes it easier.

IIRC He said something along the lines of he doesn't want anyone to die because it would be weird adding a new PC in the far into the story.
>>
can we just get to vecna already???
>>
>>51176913
Only after two more years of planning sessions and Keyleth arcs.
>>
>>51177145
>Keyleth arcs
Motherfucking Keyleth
>>
>>51167251
Sure, but usually the script does not include the player characters' actions as well.
>>
>>51167385
Are all female roleplayers in ameriland hambeasts?
I know lot's of pretty girls that roleplay, especially larp.
>>
>>51164015

Fuck these people.

Half of my group watches them and all their creativity is gone and their characters are carbon copies of critical role shit
>>
>>51165852
I think the only reason she left was the giant brass dragon who was mostly unhurt. Otherwise she could have reasonably easily finished them all off, they weren't even running on fumes at that point.
>>
>>51177584
Anyone know why the brass dragon just showed up all of a sudden? I missed that part and I couldn't be damned to rewind the video
>>
>>51177879
Deus Ex McGuffin they got in the desert city
>>
File: 1454581119012.png (1MB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1454581119012.png
1MB, 1018x728px
>>51177287
They're like Kate episodes.
>>
>>51177879
He gave them a one time summon to call on his aid because he had a vested interest in seeing Thordak dead. They proceeded to not use it on Thordak, so they were lucky they still had it.
>>
File: 147226741.jpg (77KB, 661x495px) Image search: [Google]
147226741.jpg
77KB, 661x495px
>>51168988
>It's a shake Travis is stuck with a relatively simple character and that he's really a smart guy. Maybe the smartest of the group.

Yeah the oneshot with Liam as the DM really showed what Travis can do with a non retarded character.
>>
>>51167247
It's a pretty good show, desu. Some of the group are definitely better roleplayers than others, but there are plenty of genuinely cool/tense/dramatic moments and just as many humorous ones. Plus, Matt Mercer is actually a pretty cool DM. Definitely would recommend it unless you're an autist over numbers. They've said over and over the play it loose with rules.
>>
>>51168330
>Honestly the first 20-ish episodes are skippable

I just finished the beholder fight. Should I just skip to the next arc?

I heard it was lots of pointless shopping.
>>
>>51178260
Unless you really want to see how much of a prick Orion can be then skip it
>>
>>51177404
thats your groups fault
>>
>>51167266
>>51167359
I'm not going to sing the praises of the whole cast, but on the whole they're pretty normal for a DnD group, and a roleplaying group as a whole. They're reasonably amusing, and I can't count the number of times my sides were in fucking orbit.

Like, most groups aren't perfect. There's very few who come up with plans that actually work well. They're imperfect, because they're people and for most of them, this is their first campaign. Maybe the PC's will be better if they play something else after DnD, or have new characters, but for the moment they're good enough.

Also will sing the praises of just one person besides Matt. Sam Riegal is an absolute gem, and deserves all the praise, because Scanlan is a character that steals all the luck routinely.
>>
File: 1358395890097.png (4KB, 140x134px) Image search: [Google]
1358395890097.png
4KB, 140x134px
i want raishan to leave to vecna's lair in the morning (night i guess), summon vecna, and team up with him and undead thordak to fight VM

imagine, a god, a dracolich, and a zombie dragon against VM
>>
SCANLAN MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD
>>
>it's an Orion has his phone glued to his hand and won't laugh episode
>>
Just started watching this last week and I'm on episode 15.

Good to see I'm not the only one who can't stand Keylith.
>>
For what it's worth, Laura had a grade A roleplay moment during their show tonight.

So they get back to Whitestone after minor looting of Thordak's horde and coordinating with various NPCs to help rebuild the city to rest, recover, and have some celebratory drinks for breakfast.

They also go to get cleaned off and have long, hot baths. Vax (butt naked) finishes his bath fast and walks over to Percy's bath to have a quick moment to talk to him about how he is going to try and treat Percy more like family. All the while Percy is embarrassed and says, "I was working on something," and is trying to get Vax to leave, when he finally does, the whole talk lasting a minute.

Queue Laura, roleplaying as Vex, bursting up out of the bath with Percy as she was holding her breath underneath the water and bubbles, saying that she thought he wouldn't leave.
>>
>>51167214
Or if your party loses a fight and flee from the scene.
They need the body to cast resurrect, right?
>>
>>51167933
>We are entertaning to watch
Sam or Travis confirmed
>>
>>51178043
For a moment i had an issue with it, but really, the magic is just a summoning, so when he shows up, hes still an ancient brass, and an ancient brass is ALWAYS going to be interested in destroying an ancient chromatic if in a position to do so.
>>
>>51180617
They have level 8 spells, and their NPC friends are canonically better than them. If they don't currently have access to True Resurrection if they really need it, they can probably find it pretty easily.
>>
>>51167385
What do you mean "believe"?
Do you not see them roleplay in the show? Do you think somebody else is doing the roleplay for them?
Do you think they have roleplay stuntmen?

What are you even trying to suggest, here?
>>
>>51167501
>Ashley is the only one of the group that's an actual actor but it's a combination of Pike's personality and Ashley's relative inexperience with tabletops in general (this campaign was her first one period) that makes her roleplay seem awkward.
The biggest issue is her inconsistency, which makes sense considering her schedule. It's hard enough to roleplay well on a regular basis, but she touches Pike maybe once every month and a half, for a couple hours.

The only positive is she clearly watches the show when she can, so it isn't as jarring as it could be.
>>
>>51180678
i believe entertainment is scripted, yes
>>
>>51180676
Oh yeah I forgot that true resurrection is so easy to cast (except for the relatively high cost). I've always house ruled it. Resurrection without a corpse is lazy imo.

But yeah, they can probably resurrect people pretty easily. So far I haven't seen many opponents capable of devouring or capturing souls.
>>
>>51180710
Why do you think it's scripted?
The playeres are relatively tame, because they follow the GM's plot (IE self inflicted railroading), but I doubt it's scripted.
>>
>>51180718
Pretty much every long running game with any real stakes need some sort of houserule for resurrection. The only issue with what Mercer uses is that it was clearly an early game DC, and he didn't think to scale it in any way.
>>
>>51180710
>>51180733
I doubt its scripted, but i have no doubt that there is some OOC communication about what and how things will be going in game. The players obviously do it, but i'd bet that Mercer gives them a bit of coaching behind the scenes too.
>>
>>51180743
He did say later on that night via Twitter that the DC goes up by 5 for every subsequent resurrection. So Vex is currently looking at a DC of 15 or 20 if she dies again (same for Grog, who has died twice in the campaign). Everyone else - except for Vax and Keyleth - have died at least once now, so they're looking at higher resurrection DCs as well.
>>
>>51180824
That's not too bad, but the issue stems from how he lets the ritual resolve, i don't think skill checks were they way to go about it.
>>
>>51180903
For the more involved rituals (Raise Dead, Resurrection, etc.) it's coaxing the person's spirit back from the afterlife to re-enter their body as the divine magic heals the lethal wounds and re-connects the body to the soul, and the skill checks are meant to be ways to aid in that process (either to provide more power to the magic or to convince the person's soul to come back).

For Revivify specifically it probably should just be a straight roll, maybe with one skill check by the caster to see if they can give that last gasp of aid, power, or convincing to the ritual before the spell completes.

Remember, Revivify is meant to be the shock paddles, so the DC might be a bit lower, but only one person can contribute to the spell. Raise Dead and the other spells are the actual literal rituals to revive someone, where the DC should be higher because the body's been dead longer (or in some cases, straight up re-made) and the soul's been in the afterlife for anywhere from days to years on end.
>>
>>51180676
>NPC friends are canonically better than them
Are they? Gilmore is lower level than them now and I think they're on the level with Alura and her merry band (She couldn't cast level 9 spells when they talked about the scroll of Gate)

I think only Earthbreaker Whatshisname is of higher level now
>>
>>51166289
Watch your language
>>
>>51181395
Don't say sweaaaars
>>
>Scanlan ends up being the endgame villain

motherfuckers falling down that alignment chart like he's skydiving.
>>
>>51180755
...I do that in my games. I might talk to another player, be like "Hey so I just realised we both had our families killed in similar ways, you want to maybe do a scene about that some time next session?" or go to the DM and be like "Hey, If it can be fit in anyway I'd maybe like some closure with Minor Villain X, I know he's minor but it'd help my character's arc". I feel like this is legit so long as the results are you know a product of roleplaying.
>>
>>51164015
The only moments that Marisha really has good moments is when she's paired with that Kashaw guy (although that's more her doing than his).
She hasn't got on my nerves tremendously, but I can see why people might have a problem with her.
Also, when are they going to cave in and just make Kash and Zara regular VM members?
>>
>>51181502
>that sudden demeanor shift when he casts that modify memory out of nowhere

Between snorting coke and this shit, he's on his way to start diving into the hells.
>>
>>51181700
>more her doing than his
fuck *more his doing than hers. Most of the jokes are him bouncing off her awkward roleplaying
>>
>>51181775
I fucking love Kash
>>
>>51178177
Any link to this OS ?
>>
>>51178177
Too bad his dice didn't let him do any of it
>>
I watched Critical Roll, but I find it too boring if I not playing.
It sucks, because I feel like I'm missing out when my group talks about some of their stuff.
>>
>>51180348
>It's an Orion never stops stuffing his face and constantly talking with his mouth full episode
>>
>>51183798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgHm3Ct0Zh0
>>
>>51167144
>what is audio book
Well,audio sitcom
>>
>>51183070
Yeah, he's pretty great. One of the few people who manages to balance making a convincing, 3D character whilst still being fun and entertaining to watch.
>>
>>51183070
I like will, but his character seems the most special snowflake of any of them. Different color eyes, scars all over his arms, and his back story is pretty "chosen one”. Also his defiance of his evil god is what gives him his divine powers? What?
>>
File: tiny portrat.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
tiny portrat.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>I was told I couldn't play anymore because the girls felt uncomfortable around me
>>
>>51164015
its the classic "GMs GF". honestly the rest of the group does a way better job of tolerating it then i could especially during those early episodes

all that being said critical role has gone down hill recently
>>
>>51165912
well they cant just let one of the most popular characters (or really any of them) die at this point. i think people fail to realize that it isnt just a game of DnD at this point, its a partially scripted show designed to keep viewers

the show being targeted at normies doesnt help things either
>>
>>51184013
Oh yeah, its snowflakey as fuck. What I quite liked about it though is that I never noticed the snowflakeyness until I rewatched the episode. He does a fairly good job of keeping it in the background and not letting it dominate the character or the game.
>>
>>51167247
its an OK show but getting through it is pretty painful at times. the only reason i got into it is because i was unemployed at the time and had nothing to do for four hours at a time. id recommend giving it a try at the very least, certainly better than a lot of shit on TV
>>
File: derp souls.jpg (320KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
derp souls.jpg
320KB, 621x621px
>>51165912
This game taught me the importance of death in a TTRPG. Without risk of losing everything, there is no real satisfaction when victory is achieved.
>>
>>51184040
I thought it was just because he appeared visibly disinterested when it wasn't tiberius' turn to meme it up
>>
ashley and laura are top tier waifus, i want laura to sit on my face
>>
>>51180419
she does get better as the game goes on but she is never good
>>
>>51184170
Also wasting time on plans he's been already told won't work, going apeshit on a fan who made a funny tshirt design, interrupting DM to talk how Tiberius has an erection right now, being offended whenever called out on Tiberius doing evil shit, etc
>>
>>51184040
it probably had more to do with him being a massive asshole constantly. orion was a pretty standard "that guy"
>>
>>51184215
>interrupting DM to talk how Tiberius has an erection right now

He #DaredtoScanlan
>>
>>51184239
Sam has better comedic timing and doesn't actually interrupt
>>
>>51184230
There's also a post in the CR thread on RPG.net by Matthew Colville who's chums with Matt and Liam where he says that Orion is mostly just tolerated because he's everyone's friend but is annoying and powergamey and "regularly gets a bug up his ass". I could find the post if someone wants
>>
>>51164015
I fucking hate this show. I've never listened to or watched it or whatever but half my group is obsessed with it and now whenever my games don't match up to whatever retarded expectation the show has given them they bitch. Sorry I don't have a professional team of writers to build my campaigns for me or a group of professional actors acting on a script to play as expediently and dramatically as possible.
>>
>>51184300
CR doesn't have any of that stuff either.
Here's the (you) you were after
>>
>>51184282
that doesnt surprise me. the longer the show went on it was pretty clear no one really liked playing with orion and he was a little rapey. i did like watching him getting BTFO by sam towards the end though. i remember one episode before they went to white stone where orion spent like an hour running random errands that clearly stemmed from metagaming and min/maxing. glad he is gone honestly.
>>
>>51184322
this is untrue, CR definately does have professional actors/voice actors in it and you would be a fool to think it isnt at least sotra scripted. they even talk on stream about the plans they made for story and characters outside of the game
>>
>>51184282
Just decided to check myself
The post wasn't quite as I remember but here it is:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?767492-Critical-Role-The-Best-Roleplaying-Ambassador-I-think-I-ve-Ever-Seen&p=19515752#post19515752

>I think the guy has issues. My impression of them was that they all love Orion, but he regularly gets a bug up his ass about something and expects to be treated a certain way and tends to storm off if he doesn't get his way.
>>
>>51184360
I'm happy to believe you if you can link me one of the times they talk about the script. I've never noticed it when I've been watching.
I've heard Mercer talk about his 'plans' for CR, but I mean he's the GM so its kind of his job to have some long-term plans of how things should go.
>>
>>51184360
They're actors, what they might think and talk about before time is in what ways the characters might grow and change.
And what we call roleplaying for them is called improv acting, an acquired skill this bunch (well, most of them) is fairly good at
>>
>>51184360
Again like... does nobody else talk to fellow players or their DMs about possible plans for stuff like conversations? I understand improvisation is important for roleplaying and I'd never pre-script the conversation, but sometimes it clicks that a scene would be cool and you might wanna check in with a DM or a player with this.

An example in Critical Role that I think is totally fair are the romances - the players talk with the DM and the other player before taking their characterisation in that direction. Which seems sensible to me, some players might not want to have to waste their time with that sort of stuff or trying to shoot your character down.
>>
File: testing 393.jpg (41KB, 322x268px) Image search: [Google]
testing 393.jpg
41KB, 322x268px
Grog is literally the only decent character.
>>
>>51184502
>An example in Critical Role that I think is totally fair are the romances - the players talk with the DM and the other player before taking their characterisation in that direction. Which seems sensible to me, some players might not want to have to waste their time with that sort of stuff or trying to shoot your character down.
Yup. Even Friedle with his grand total of one planned appearance asked Matt and Marisha during the break if they're cool with Kash pining for Keyleth
>>
>>51184534
Goliaths are like onions
>>
>>51184534
scanlin is pretty good too, though i do wish he would tone it down sometimes
>>
>>51184331
>BTFO by Sam
What did he do? That was so long ago
>>
>>51184300
>Sorry I don't have a professional team of writers to build my campaigns
You're implying the campaigns are good. At best they are "xD revenge! the DnD adventure!"
>>
>>51184553
They stink?
>>
>>51184645
Yes, and make you cry
>>
Would totally watch Vex get ravaged by Grog's BGC
>>
>>51184724
Certainly happens IRL
>>
>>51184112
That's true. Probably why I like will more than Kash
>>
>>51184795
Kash is more fun in play than in his backstory
>>
>>51184795
>>51184807
I mean Kash is basically Sarcastic dickhead incarnate, but Will plays it convincingly enough to make it work. I'll be interested to see if they ever actually go anywhere with his backstory now that he's on the show more and more.
>>
>>51166289
They have like 20k subscribers on twitch or whatever, and all their youtube videos get 400k views. They're making money, so they put in effort.
>>
File: image.jpg (301KB, 1280x1463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 1280x1463px
>>51184185
Same tbqhfamalam
>>
>>51184040
I think there was some shit about creative ownership of his character, and his handling of fans.
The dude was clearly frustrating the other players, and there was one obviously uncomfortable moment in the campaign, but I really don't think that's the whole reason.
I mean, they'd been playing with him for, what... 3 years?
>>
>>51184743
I bet she does the Shin Chan-voice in the bedroom.
>>
>>51186001
Keep in mind that *2 years* prior to the stream they said they only played once ever couple months it was just an all day thing. Also he wasn't part of the group the frew several seasions. So that means 21-9 sessions spaced out. Now they are weekly and more frequent, what you could have toleranted could become impossible at that point.
>>
What episode do I watch to see Orion's most cringey shit at work?
>>
>>51186266
The one with shopping after K'Varn
>>
>>51186288
Is that the one where he tries to buy all the mirrors?
>>
>>51186303
Yeah and some other shit. His total shopping is over an hour I think
>>
>>51186288
>>51186303
>>51186320
I don't know CR, so thats not helpful. What # episode is it?
>>
>>51184331
What the fuck was he gonna use all those mirrors for?
>>
>>51186408
27 I think. Not sure

>>51186435
Make a giant sun lazer. He was told by Matt repetedly that it won't work, still kept going.
>>
>>51164015
the cat fights with laura and that MILF are fun
>>
>>51186505
Mind you, the sun laser idea was coming from Percy, who was looking to use a combination of science (ie., mechanical engineering) aided by magic (Keyleth helping with specific making/crafting of glass and shaping of metal) to make an "Archimedes death ray" type of thing, because he succeeded enough on the knowledge check to know that at least one of the Briarwoods was a vampire (based on evidence from the prior session's fight), and that vampires HATE sunlight.

Percy's thinking was that maybe he could use the giant glass cannon to refract enough light from a powerful light source that wasn't the sun so that he could just walk through town and start not!Sunbeaming things, or just have Keyleth fire a Sunbeam into the glass refraction device to set off a pulse of Sunbeam energy to fry and vampires or other undead things in the town.

It didn't work (partially due to the size of the thing, partially due to him just not being high enough level to craft something that complex), so Percy's plan B was to just hope that his guns combined with his friends was enough to turn the tide, along with crafting some smaller stuff along the way (mainly some explosive arrows for Vex, a thing that he's done before).

Meanwhile, Tiberius got something like a 5 on his knowledge check on vampires, so he knew literally nothing. Yet he still tried to metagame and buy mirrors to do a similar thing to Percy, which earned a bunch of ire from the group and fans.
>>
>>51184215
What was the t-shirt design.
>>
>>51164015
no?
>>
>>51186041
Calm down boner
>>
>>51186776
never watched, what episode?
>>
>>51178177
And that was scary af.
>>
File: IMG_0372.jpg (40KB, 590x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0372.jpg
40KB, 590x298px
Daily reminder that Tiberius Stormwind doesn't belong to you
>>
>>51165912
He's actually said on twitter that 10 is the starting DC. It increases by 5 every successive death. So Vex, Percy, and Grog all need a 20 if they die again.
>>
>>51190436
Oh wow, we all got 20's, how weird is that!
>>
>>51190436
When did Percy die a second time? I'm only aware of his first death being during the Ripley fight. Was it pre-stream?
>>
>>51190643
Dunno, I just used the totals on the stats website. Apparently he died twice against Ripley and goons.
>>
>>51190643
>>51190710
The first time he "died" he had a necklace from pike that brought him. Ack to life so I guess they're counting that one
>>
>>51190376

kek. posting that shit is career suicide in this age what a mong. I just started watching it yesterday and i knew this guy was a cunt because he wouldnt sit still and plays Dragonborn (90% of the time they're special snow flakes)
>>
>>51165912

he makes revivify easy (as in, RAW) if they're in the middle of a battle.
>>
>>51190548

>His DM doesn't ocasionally fudge for the sake of enjoyment

Alrighty then. But the DC does start out high, the players during ceremonies can lower it by doing something
>>
I actually thought Tiberius as a character was fun. Awkwardly funny and a pretty cool spellcaster. Problem is Orion metagamed wayyyy hard and got on everyone's nerves too much. It's a shame.
In his last episode you could tell everyone was sick of his shit, even Matt. Orion kept trying to do something when Matt said it wouldn't work. Orion says "what if I try very hard?" so Matt let's him roll then slaps Tiberius with some big penalty as a DM-fuck-you. Then when Orion made the boner comment at Laura you can hear the anger in Travis' voice. Something tells me the group had a big talk off camera and that was one of the reasons for Orion's departure.

Laura gives me a boner too though
>>
Holy fuck stop shilling this shit. Fuck off and die you insufferable white knight. She's not gonna put out and nobody wants to hear about this garbage.
>>
>>51191836
...Man I don't know which thread you're reading, but the girls are the ones that get trash-talked the most.

Other than Orion. But he's a mega-autist.
>>
>>51191836
Tell me how you really feel
>>
>>51191810
>boner comment
Do you know at what point that happened?
>>
>>51180204
>VM manages to beat it with relative ease
>>
>>51191836

Fuck off me and Travis are gonna run off together
>>
File: 1339098215147.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1339098215147.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
>>51192014
i would never watch this show again, and i love this show
>>
>>51192004
I think Episode26, towards the end. But throughout the episode you can tell the tension with Orion just keeps building
>>
>>51192014
>Matt gives entire party potions of invulnerability before the fight
>>
File: 1469380046581.jpg (126KB, 819x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1469380046581.jpg
126KB, 819x1054px
Let's get this started

>Top Tier
Scanlan, Grog, and Kashaw
>High Tier
Percival and Zahra
>Mid Tier
Pike, Vex, and Kerreck
>Low Tier
Keyleth, Vax, Gern, Shale, and Thorbir
>Shit Tier
Trinket, Lyra, Garthok, and Tiberius
>>
>>51164015
Eh, Marisha herself is fine, she's like everyone else. She willing has realized in the last episode that she was actually being selfish for her crusade against Raeshon. However, bitch is still an evil goddamn green dragon, so since they got their licking for trying to pull a fast one on a ancient green, I'm hoping they pull through and stop whatever shit she's trying to do.
>>
>>51192495

>Keyleth not in Shit Tier
>Zahra not in Top Tier

Wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>51192495
Swap Trinket and Keyleth and I agree with you
>>
>>51192495

>Top Tier
Scanlan, Zahra, Kashaw

>High Tier
Percy, Pike, Grog, Vex

>Mid Tier
Kerreck, Shale, Tiberius

>Low Tier
Vax, Gern, Thorbir, Trinket

>Shit Tier
Lyra, Garthok

>Keyleth Tier
Keyleth
>>
Considering how Marisha is more like Grog irl than Keyleth, I think Marisha is fully aware of the unlikability of Keyleth.
>>
>>51184040
I thought he left because he didn't have a lot of time and was currently fighting cancer?
>>
>>51193109
Well he was asking for money because of the cancer.
>>
File: 1356515887803.gif (469KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1356515887803.gif
469KB, 500x307px
>>51184300
>>51164015
>DM'ing a group with some memelords in it
>Everytime I give them a ruling
>"But that's not how Matt Mercer does it"
>mfw
>>
>>51193135
He should have made a memable song on a Children's TV show
>>
>>51193203
Then demand your players roleplay on the level of Sam and Travis if you have to be Mercer-tier
>>
>>51193422
Its more like they think his homebrew world and rules trump the DMs guide.
>>
>>51193667
Then that's just retarded
>>
>>51192836
>Marisha is more like Grog irl
Big, dumb and can't read?
>>
>>51192597
Marisha is an over excitable fucking spaz
She legitimately seems like she's just dumb as a rock
>>
File: Lillith-and-Zahra.jpg (151KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lillith-and-Zahra.jpg
151KB, 960x1200px
>>51192782
>>51192495
Counting Lyra but not Lilith? She is a cute lil' fujoshi.
>>
>>51167403
Honestly, Marisha looks manlier than Matt
>>
File: Critical Role Starter Set.jpg (92KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
Critical Role Starter Set.jpg
92KB, 600x870px
This is happening soon, anyone else actually kinda excited for it?

http://geekandsundry.com/matthew-mercer-and-green-ronin-announce-the-critical-role-campaign-setting/
>>
>>51195174
Nah, not really
The setting is pretty barebones, the system is normal 5E with Mercer's classes. It's nothing special
>>
>>51195174
I like playing in my own magical realm than someone else's
>>
>>51194717

I always forget about Lilith, Kit's a great artist but she didnt leave much of an impression.. I'd probably put her on Mid tier
>>
>>51195174
Setting feels pretty bland desu, like generic dnd. Only thing I'd be interested in is the classes, but even then they'd be wonky since they were conversions.
>>
>>51190376
its funny because CR was the only successful thing he ever did, his most viewed anything is a video on jewtube about why he left. what a washed up loser
>>
>>51191810
as a character ya but orions personality leaked too hard into the game after the 4th or 5th time he wanted other peoples moments to be about him i wanted him to die
>>
>>51190548
The little ritual/skill challenge thing they do lets them lower the DC. Eventually, after enough deaths, it will be impossible to raise someone.

Regardless, even a DC 1 rez failure chance is infinitely more costly and damaging than the default rules.
>>
>>51192495
>pike
>not at least high tier

but she is a monsta :0 a monster with a massive ass that i want to glue my face too
>>
>>51167382
Matt's played a couple of games on Rollplay and was pretty great. Though it seems like he crafts his personal characters around what kind of voices he can make.

His range is pretty good though so it's not a big deal. It's just you'll notice "oh, that's angry McCree" or "oh that's his nerd from Crit Role"
>>
>>51174266
>>51174561
To be fair, Matt did this for a very obvious reason.

He forced the players on a timelimit while also giving them a McGuffin fetching quest that was necessary. Thordak literally couldn't be killed without their artifacts, which meant they didn't have enough time to go scrounge potions of fire resistance for themselves like any party could in a normal setting under these circumstances.

Players are assumed to have appropriate damage resistances when going into fights like Ancient Dragons. It's literally how the game was balanced, otherwise the Dragons wouldn't do so much damage.
>>
>>51180676
Allura is the only person at the same level as them (15) and she's the most powerful person they have at their disposal. The only person who they've for sure met who's higher level is that monk in Vasselheim who is at least level 18, but is literally "legendary badass superhero who's too cool and powerful to do things himself" personified.
>>
>>51180755
Have you never played an RPG? That's what you do in real life RPGs. You talk to each other OOC to set the stage for scenes that you want to play out.
>>
>>51185901
>thicc vex

i can work with this
>>
>>51195174
I'd get it more for the lore of Matt's world than use it, you can tell Matt puts a lot of heart in his setting
>>
Percy's Glasses trigger me.
>>
i have a confession
the fact that Laura is a dirty minded pervert is super fucking hot
goddamn Travis is a lucky bastard
>>
>>51196612
You can tell Travis loves it too. Every time Laura turns it up he has a huge grin on his face even though he as nothing to do with the scene at all.
>>
File: tumblr_ojr1z2PIbj1rmc34fo1_1280.png (491KB, 900x1320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojr1z2PIbj1rmc34fo1_1280.png
491KB, 900x1320px
Scanlan's use of Modify Memory is gonna bite him at some point soon...
>>
>>51196612
You can tell they have an absolutely amazing sex life.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 384x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 384x621px
>>51196447
Lewd fanart a best
>>
>>51196244
Post pics of her ass
>>
>>51196905
just look at her twitter
>>
>>51197258
I see nothing of interest.

please spoon feed me
>>
>>51197258
I'm trying but I can't find anything
>>
>>51184645

Yeah!
I mean no!
What were we talking about?
Onions...right, Goliaths is like onions you understand, because we live in the dirt and we're very strong... also we stink.
>>
>>51196184
>Look at his profile on IMDb
>VAed as background characters in The Lego Movie: The Game and Uncharted 4

And that's it. What an idiot.
>>
>>51192083
He's my husbando back off.
>>
>>51193203

Ask yourself, what would Chris Perkins do?

And then dissolve Wil Wheaton in a pit of acid.
>>
File: IMG_20170113_234021.jpg (54KB, 615x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170113_234021.jpg
54KB, 615x703px
>>51195174
Made me lose my shit.

It's like that one laughing elf image.
>>
>>51197671
Be easy on him. He has to deal with injustice on a daily basis

https://twitter.com/orionacaba/status/820020888124866560
>>
>>51195213

Well, it has the PoL/Dawn War Pantheon thrown in, with one legacy Pathfinder goddess on account of Pike.
>>
>>51197808
just go to a different bank holy shit
>>
Any idea how Mercer upgrades his creatures to balance against a party equipped with a ton of magic items?
>>
>>51197808
Lmao he has the exact look of someone who's fucked up hard and is just angry all the time.
>>
>>51198010
I hear he works the game like 6-8 hours a week or so, and watching after watching his GM tips I think he increases HP, AC by a little, makes the battles more than just basic monster vs Party fights he puts the environment as a large factor of the battle. He also buffs his monsters up a bunch. Like Raishan here.

http://critrolestats.com/post/155787648341/monster-analysis-raishan-the-diseased-deceiver
>>
>>51180633
>Ashley is my waifu
It is obviously sam
>>
File: CjG1pBgWYAEOEEg.jpg (68KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
CjG1pBgWYAEOEEg.jpg
68KB, 640x510px
Remember when Orion left Critical Role and went crazy and started wearing his Tiberius costume in real life because he thinks that everyone really loves that character and that's why he has his own mary sue audiodrama?

Also I'm pretty sure a few weeks ago he tweeted a lewd picture of his own butt in some kinda speedo or thong and then pretended he got hacked.
>>
>>51198932
Oh wait no he accidentally posted a dick pic and then pretended he didn't.

https://twitter.com/orionacaba/status/789688096027611141
>>
>>51198312
For most of the ancient dragons they've fought, by in large he just doubles their max HP total because the party composition is basically 4 DPS, a dedicated cleric, and two utility casters.

It's only been in the last couple levels that a couple of the DPS has picked up enough HP to act as a pseudo-tank (Vax and Grog).

If they last to level 20 they'll be decent tanks, one being a DEX Rogue/Paladin, the other a Barbarian/Fighter with a boatload of HP.

I do think Travis is trying to min-max a bit, taking his last few levels in Fighter to grab Action Surge and probably go Champion archetype for Increased Critical range to do more DPS as he's a Berserker Barb.
>>
>>51198964
At times ask myself, how does Matt deal with Vax's haste and flying speed, returning teleporting Daggers thing... its kinda ridiculous.
>>
>>51197705
I love that Matt admitted that he couldn't NOT try and dissolve Wheaton in a pit of acid when he was a guest
>>
Just starting episode one. Going through character backgrounds and I'm getting frostbite from all the special snowflake. Is it all like this?
>>
>>51199051
Well, keep in mind that Vax wasn't the one meant to have the armor, Percy was. It's just that they fucked up hard when they went to get it and Vax felt he'd made a deal with a God to save his sister.

The wings were meant to be a reward for good roleplay, and the boots were a carry over from Pathfinder. His intended Vestige was supposed to be Whisper, which would mostly solve the issue of a Rogue attacking and getting away safely in a fight with its blink ability.

If you look at the stats of the vestiges, you can tell they were designed ahead of time, back when they still had 8 people in the group, and it was intended to be 1 vestige per person. Now Percy is kind of peacemealing together enough benefits to make his vestige work with him, and IMO Ripley's gun is meant to be a replacement vestige after things changed.
>>
>>51199207
I get that but 480 feet in a turn is crazy! Also I feel Talisan does not use the Violent Shot feature enough with Animus, he could be doing a lot more regardless of vestige usage.
>>
>>51199090
It's just backstory made by mostly first-timers, those then to be overblown. Honestly, you'd be better off listening to it after a handful of episodes
>>
>>51194370
In demeanor, don't be obtuse.
>>
>>51199052

Breaking news.
>9/10 DMs find Wil irresistibly soluble.
>>
>>51164015
What are they looking at? Did someone whip out his dick off screen?
>>
>>51167247
It's good except for the combat.

Combat there's basically no threat, half the players don't know their abilities and they get rules wrong a moderate amount.
>>
>>51199623
>>51199623
Yeah, Orion snuck onto the set during the filming of the intro for one last boner joke.
>>
Last episode was one of the best for ages
>>
>>51199860
So, in which episode is this comment of his? And when? I'd rather not have to sit through an hour of his shit just to find one comment.
>>
>>51199926
Episode 27, 1:31:35. Out of the fucking nowhere.
>>
>>51199266
I don't know if it's just because I'm taking it at face value, but the mear fact that Percy can theoretically kill a Tarrasque in Two rounds singlehandedly is a little insane.
>>
>>51199976
Honestly I can't see too much wrong with that. It was a shitty attempt at humour that fell flat, but they all seem to move on fairly fast and no-one seems particularly offended.
It was a shit joke though.
>>
>>51200013
Seems like it's been the proverbial last straw
>>
>>51199993
To be fair, violent shot ruins his chance to hit. So he'd have to roll exceptionally well with 4x violent shot to actually make it work.
>>
>>51199976
Not him but that's so much worse then I remember it was. I don't know if i just missed that episode or what but it makes a lot more sense why they didn't want him anymore. There's one thing in making a bad joke, but that just doesn't fit the party dynamic at all. It's almost like he wasn't trying to make an actual joke, but was just trying to shut her up.
>>
>>51200039
I completely forgot about that. Honestly it's been some time since I've actually seen it, last I recall they were fighting Grog's Uncle. God I love how well Travis plays him.
>>
>>51199926
It's nothing special, anon. I think they were planning an attack and he said he had a tactical half chub or something. Just obviously lacking the comedic timing or charming personality Scalan has, it just came off as weird and I think grossed out the women.
>>
>>51200060
He doesn't use it much because I think it has a chance of fucking up his gun, so he doesn't like doing it.
>>
>>51199926
The looks on the faces of the others (Travis especially) are gold.

I mean, what the fuck.
>>
>>51200141
Travis was beyond done with him for several sessions at that point. At first I thought it was just a "Can we start fighting things again" face, but after watching Liam's one shot I can tell he's much more thoughtful than anyone there.
>>
>>51165912
>>51165945
>>51184155

I kinda like the way it was done in High Rollers, someone was raised but had to go through rolls to see what would be the result of the resurrection and ended up coming back a few years younger than before with a permanent strength penalty for it. Gives resurrection some lasting consequences.

I wonder if something like that is too punishing on a player but it was a really cheap resurrection they got and the character died in the most idiotic way possible so maybe not now I think about it.

Kinda want to use the idea myself, maybe for a cheaper more shoddy form of coming back, people could come back older or younger than before, maybe half races end up full races (e.g. a half orc might come back a orc or human) or maybe something in their brain comes back wired wrong, and their skills in handle animal swaps with swimming. Adds a level of risk and punishment for fucking up.
>>
>>51200966
Mark also said that when a player rolls on his table of random resurrection effects, the effect rolled is applied and then this item on the table is replaced with something else so that it doesn't repeat later
>>
>>51200966
These are things that can already happen with some of the lower level spells that bring the dead back to life. Check out the spell reincarnation especially.
>>
>>51199266
>Keyleth's max damage output is 6 higher than Trinket's
When you barely outdamage a bear, that's when you should rethink life
>>
>>51199976
That was cringy as fuck
>>
>>51200966
Maybe something like a damaged sense and an alignment shift

the warm jovial cleric comes back half blind and bitter for the experience.
>>
Never forget...
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=-jyo0G87tVw&ab_channel=Solanima
>>
>>51202555
Travis' reaction to that was priceless.
>>
>>51202555
Why is this so arousing
>>
>>51202555
The implication that Vex is holding her breath for a solid minute and a half underwater, without him noticing, is gold.
>>
>>51202555
The Percy-Vex relationship is one of the best things to come out of the last 20-ish episodes in the show, if only because it lets Laura do some grade A roleplay moments.
>>
>>51203194
And it's a lot easier to watch than the Vax-Keyleth edgefest.
>>
>>51202618
He wasn't at the session where Percy and Vex had their talk to consummate their relationship, so his reaction to it is truly great as this is the first one he's been around for.
>>
>>51203215
I think it's easier to watch because Percy is trying to be all suave and cool about it, but every single time he tries to do so, Vex one ups him in some fashion (the "power play" scene when they started the relationship, small flirty moments outside of combat, and now the bath tub scene).
>>
>>51202848
Which part, the idea of Vex performing underwater shenanigans, the length of which she can hold her breath, the subtle risk of exhibitionism and or being caught, or all of the above?
>>
>>51201605
That's exactly what happened to my neutral good Cleric when he got rezzed. Got pissed his god let him die after being a shining example of a cleric, he denounced his god and said fuck it. I think I alignment changed to chaotic neutral after that.
>>
File: 1403297295350.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1403297295350.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>51167247
No, absolutely not.

There is no part of Critical Role that will be relevant or meaningful in even 5 years. It is a fad that will inevitable spawn countless follow-the-leader clones, but like all fads it is of zero value.

t. been watching the show from the start, and am only sticking with it because each new episode feeds the fires of my bitterness
>>
>>51203194
>>51203295
Vex gets so seductive when she flirts with Percy, I get such a boner from her
>>
>>51198964
Grog has always been a tank. He maxed Con and took the Tough feat. The only thing he didn't do was go Bear Totem.
>>
>>51203215
Vax Keyleth broke the ice to let them have fun with it. If they were trying it first it'd be odd and cringey, too.
>>
>>51204957
>t. been watching the show from the start, and am only sticking with it because each new episode feeds the fires of my bitterness
You must have enjoyed Bleach
>>
>>51164015

Just looked this up on Youtube since I've been hearing so much about it for so long

>73 episodes
>3 fucking hours per episode

it really doesn't matter how good it is, there's literally no way I'm watching that.
>>
>>51208899
You can skim a lot of it. Just clicking past the break and opening scenes and fast forwarding through the early parts of a fight cut the runtime in half.
>>
>>51180755
Fuck me, it's improv with friends that like improv. For example (using character names):

Vax wants to talk to Percy in the baths OOC, they set it up in the show by saying what they are doing.

Vex hears Vax is going to talk to Percy in the bath OOC, she decides it would be entertaining to burst out from under the water when he leaves. Percy, Vex, and Grog set this up OOC in preparation.

Matt obviously knows something is going to happen seeing Grogg and Vex and hearing Percy rushing the scene, but doesn't know what it will be and Vax is so far up his ass and faces away from Vex/Grog and is surprised.

That's not scripted, scripted requires a script. This is professionals that are putting effort into what they are doing playing D&D both for themselves and for a crowd (which they also enjoy since they are actors). I'm sure their home game had less notes passed around and a lot more OOC discussion at the table to set scenes.
>>
>>51209007
I think they even talked about trying to cut OOC talk out of the streamed game, because they are professionals.
>>
>>51208899
>>51208999
Watch it at 1.25 speed and drop hours of time without missing any content.

confused me for a while there thinking I'd quoted one of you twice
>>
>>51208361
Vax and Keyleth are odd and cringy because that's who Vax and Keyleth are
>>
>>51210230
Yeah, Laura's obviously a lot more fun and flirty than Marisha naturally, too. But both Laura and Taleisin have said that it was them paving the way that made it a lot easier and natural for them to do their RP relationship.
>>
>>51196880
>>51185901

moar slutty elf bitches
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 736x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 736x644px
>>51214409
Vex best girl best slut
>>
>>51198312
>>51198964
Matt Colville also said in one of his videos that Mercer adds features that the big boss monsters had in 4th edition, like Thordak having a fire aura and stuff like that
>>
File: Earthbreaker_Groon_Sweep.jpg (145KB, 923x618px) Image search: [Google]
Earthbreaker_Groon_Sweep.jpg
145KB, 923x618px
>>51215434
I think he did that for Earthbreaker Groon too.
>>
>>51164015
Yes, I agree.
>>
Wil Wheaton's Tabletop is superior.
>>
>>51218233
>anything Wil Wheaton
>superior

Come on, anon. Don't play like that.
>>
>>51218233
That's a completely different show... and his RPG show was absolute dogshit.
>>
>>51218233
Thanks anon, I needed a laugh this morning
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>51218233
>>
>>51218233

Shut up, Wesley
>>
>>51208361

I have doubts that Laura Bailey could come off odd or cringey.

>God I love this woman
>>
File: rapier.png (52KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
rapier.png
52KB, 500x501px
>>51218233
You mean the series he created where more often than not he doesn't know the rules of the games he's playing and always act like a complete asshole?
>>
>tfw Laura will never do a joi in her Vex voice
>>
>>51218233

Reminder
>Dissolve Wil Wheaton posts
>Acidify Wil Wheaton posters
>>
>>51198022
He looks like he's about to talk to himself in the mirror and try out his new wrist-gun
>>
>>51167144
>hehe no way these professional actors could like a pastime that includes acting
>>
>>51183856
>that first liam episode
>everybody roleplaying being voice actors
I could watch that for days
>>
>>51184408
>tends to storm off
Heh.
>>
>>51186776
Mary McGwinn is a treasure, I love that she and Steve Blum hooked up
>>
>>51191810
>you can hear the anger in Travis' voice
Wait when
>>
Liam is a true rogue, because hes so stealthy he barely gets talked about
>>
>>51164015
Yeah they're kind of dumb, but I'd trade them for my group in a second if it meant I'd be able to run a game without everyone talking over each other.
>>
File: topleliel.jpg (3KB, 109x124px) Image search: [Google]
topleliel.jpg
3KB, 109x124px
Rolled 6, 2, 5, 4, 1, 4, 7, 5, 2, 4, 7, 3, 1 = 51 (13d8)

>>
>>51200013
Travis saying "Clarification" would have made me afraid, he's a big dude.
Matt looked shocked. his hair was so long back then
>>
>>51203091
...do you think THAT'S the implication?
>>
>>51193203
If I have to be Matt Mercer, then you need to be AT LEAST as good of a roleplayer as Taliesen or Laura.
>>
>>51222730
Woah, I remember the thread that pic is from
>>
>>51224893
Eh, he's not really that interesting. And the whole "IT'S JUST A GAME" bullshit that happened on the last 2 episodes of 2016 probably made some people prefer to just ignore him.
>>
>>51224879
In the episode with the boner comment, someone posted the link and time earlier in the thread. When Orion says it everyone gets confused for a second and Travis very loudly says WHAT. And when Orion starts explaining you can see the look of "I almost beat that ass" cross Travis' face when he says "clarification"

Like >>51225111
Said, Travis is a big dude.

bane post
>>
Keyleth is pretty annoying, but what has really been bothering me lately is Vax.

"I'd like to pull my sister aside for the same long-winded conversation we have every single week."
>>
>>51227820
Pretty much. And every single interaction Vex has with anyone other than Vax is way more interesting than the twin dynamic that has become extremely boring during and after the whole Raven Queen affair.
>>
>>51164015
I watched the first episode earlier

Had fun, would also very much like to have sex with Matt Mercer
>>
>>51188429
I'm pretty sure it was one of those name tags that says "HELLO! MY NAME IS but with Tiberius Stormwind written in. Pretty harmless but Orion was a dick about it.
>>
>>51167247
Watch the goblins. They often make some cringe worthy mistakes in combat that can't really be attributed to role playing.
>>
>the assassin is the moral grounding
>>
>>51228192

I thought the bear was the moral lynchpin of the party.
>>
>>51228192
The assassin who can't even assassinate properly and almost never uses the only combat oriented feature of his subclass.
>>
People keep saying Orion was a dick, never picked up on that. Was it him and Sam casting silence on each other? The endless shopping?
>>
>>51228342
Mostly his meta-gaming and need to be in the spotlight. It wasn't that bad at the start but it became almost unbearable close to his departure. The problem is, with him out of the picture, Marisha became the meta-gamer and Liam became the spotlight whore, so it didn't change that much from when Orion was around.
>>
>>51228342

He went mad at a Fan for making a shirt with his donut steal OC (i think someone also made one with his OC as Cloud too) and said they were 'uncrittered' >>51190376

Plus he did awkward shit in ep.27 like make some random boner joke towards laura which clearly pissed Travis off (but that may be due to the whole mirror shit despite the GM clearly telling him to fuck off with it).

Bonus video of Travis looking pissed/upset

https://youtu.be/2mB-aM2bIBk?list=PLqTT_VuffgDP0I6accl0jP5p3kxBRPVPa&t=8732

Im not even a big fan of this show i just like Drama involving spergs
>>
>>51224865

Wait really? Spike and Julia are together in real life? Don't toy with my emotions like that man/woman/attack helicopter
>>
>>51180710
Don't you think it would take more work to script this stuff out rather than just roleplay it?
>>
>>51228227
Kek
>>
>>51199090
I pretty much just skipped over it and listened to their backstories after watching the first episode. The game itself was funny enough that I decided to learn who their characters were.
>>
>>51164015
I definitely feel like she CAN be annoying (especially when she has those speeches), but she also has some great moments. I think I feel more bad for her than annoyed with her. They took this private game where it's just a bunch of friends playing around and roleplaying together and she gets ripped apart. I can't even imagine if me and my friends put ourselves out there like that. Can she be cringy? Yeah, of course, but if me and my friends were roleplaying for everyone to see, it would be cringy too. I feel like she should be cut some slack.
>>
>>51231061
examples of things I like about Keyleth. Her interactions with Percy. I love them together and I think they are cute together. She always loves to play his assistant and I think it's funny how into his story she is.

Honestly, I feel like Marisha should just read up on her class more and watch some tutorial videos. Maybe come up with a few go to situational strategies she can use (in case of X, do Y). She's obviously a great voice talent, but if she took some Improve classes like Sam did, she would have better timing. It's hard to improve drama, and before this, it was just a game they played that didn't need to be much of a show. I don't really blame her. But, even if she doesn't do any of those things, I still enjoy her.
>>
>>51231116
Keyleth's major problem lately is the lack of chemistry she has with Vax and how forced their relationship is, especially with the fact that Liam likes to create situations where his character takes the spotlight (e.g. every single "I'd like to pull my sister" and "I'd like to knock on Keyleth's door").
>>
>>51225673
He's right, tho. It's just a game.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.