[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, how are Daemon Princes treated in the Word Bearers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3295.jpg (69KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3295.jpg
69KB, 600x620px
Hey anons, how are Daemon Princes treated in the Word Bearers legion/offshoot warbands of theirs?

Like, they worship the Chaos gods and stuff, but what about Daemon Princes and Daemons in general?

I don't know much.
>>
>>51160408
I dunno, but have a bump, I'm feeling nice today.
>>
>>51160408
It would probably involve courting the favour of one particular Chaos God over the others, which might be construed as breaking from the true path of Lorgar's Word by purists.

Other than that, I suspect they might revere him as a sort of saint.
>>
>>51160408
At first glance, basically a step up from possessed marines. They are people who have been obviously and unquestionably blessed by the chaos gods.

However, there is also there is going to be a fair bit of jealousy concealed behind whatever respect or deference a standard legionnaire is required to show them. These are guys who basically got everything that your average chaos worshiper aspires to. Immortality, immense martial and sorcerous power, a position of authority among the ridiculously cutthroat traitor legions, the works. The traitor legions are all about coveting you neighbor's stuff, and a daemon prince has a lot of cool stuff to covet.

On the surface, a daemon prince will be venerated as a power servant of the chaos gods, much like another powerful daemon. Under the surface, there will be a constant, simmering hatred and resentment as the other legionnaires all plot to prove themselves to be better than the daemon prince in the hopes of earning the favor of the chaos gods. After all, if you prove that you're better than someone who has already ascended, doesn't that mean you deserve ascension too?
>>
>>51160889
i don't know enough about it to say you are wrong, but wasn't lorgar disappointed when he saw angron ascend? Didn't he say something along the lines of him bnot being as beautiful as the possessed, because he didnt have both his mortal soul and daemon soul, but rather he became only demon. If the bearers share his iews maybe they'd prefer being gal vorbak rather than princes?
>>
>>51160952
They might prefer a possessed as a matter of religious doctrine, but a daemon prince tends to be way more powerful. Yes, the Word Bearers have their own spin on things, but these are still traitor marines we're talking about. They really want power and are more often than not perfectly willing to mess up their own soul to get it. Even among the Word Bearers, ascension is a juicy prize. They might talk about how possession is purer, but in the privacy of their own thoughts they're going to covet the hell out of the sheer power that comes with being a daemon prince. It's just too tempting for someone interested in their own personal power, which is encouraged in all the traitor legions including the Word Bearers.

Aside from that, they are basically required to show a daemon prince a fair bit of respect. Not only is the daemon prince powerful enough to just squash your average traitor marine for being impudent (which is one of the things those traitor marines really want to be able to do themselves), there's also the issue that the daemon prince is a person who carries the authority of the chaos gods. Remember, most daemon princes aren't involved in the material realm at all. They spend the majority of their time in the warp, playing the great game among the chaos gods. When one is sent to the material world, it's usually for a damn good reason. Getting in a daemon prince's way can be construed as standing against the will of the gods, which is not good for your health.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.