[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Chaos Space Marines Recruit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: geneseed.jpg (155KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
geneseed.jpg
155KB, 1024x766px
How do Chaos Space Marines keep their numbers up?

It's a question that's probably been asked before, but it's particularly pertinent to the CSMs. Like, they generally have less resources than actual Chapters, and they don't have vast reserves of geneseed the way the Imperium does. More, they're significantly more scattered than the regimented order of loyalist Chapters...So if a warband takes losses, it can't actually replace them within any reasonable time. I don't see 'new recruits' getting the chance to go from Scout to Battle-Brother, either, since the turnover rate is incredibly high.

I'm aware of things like the daemoncubala, but it doesn't change some of the inherent difficulties like locating the vast number of adolescent males (most of whom will die) to transform into Astartes. Raiding gene-seed vaults of loyalist chapters seems to pose all kinds of questions of it's own - For instance, a lot of Legions have unique gimmicks. If everyone in the warband is a Night Lord, and one guy is using Blood Angels geneseed...You'd assume there would be a LOT of problems if the odd-man-out is prone to blood-drinking and receiving vision of ol' Sangy, upset at how his son is going astray.

Generally, the usual depiction of most Chaos Space Marines are desperate warbands of irregular order and condition, most of whom don't even have an Apothecary. Doesn't that make their eventual extinction inevitable, though sheer attrition? Even if a single CSM is worth about five regular Marines (And they don't appear to be, as far as I can tell) eventually they'd get picked off one-by-one. And given the trouble with replacing their numbers, it seems that the loyalists have the advantage in any straight-up fight.
>>
File: 1483630010686.jpg (154KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
1483630010686.jpg
154KB, 1024x514px
Realistically they probably would struggle to keep numbers.

A lot of it is probably explained away by warp magic, allowing higher success rates
Time Dilation in the warp, allowing generations to recruit from in the blink of an eye
Chaos straight up ressurecting marines.

Maybe more, I'm not a spess marine guy
>>
>>51158788
I hear a lot of CSM just get reincarnated in the Eye of Terror.
I also hear "lol the warp" as another solution.
>>
>>51158860

Yeah, but it seems to pose a lot of problems. Never mind what weird and aberrant geneseed you'll get after all that corruption (That's another question - Can Chaos-tainted Marines even be harvested? I mean, their gene-seed probably has eyes and tumors) there's just all kinds of issues.

For instance, all of the Word-Bearers are genetically disposed towards believing anything Lorgar says. If you used loyalist geneseed, there'll be at least one guy in a sermon thinking "I can't see what the fuss is all about." while everyone else is going "HAIL LORGAR, SON OF THE FOUR!" "HIS WORD DROWNS OUT ALL OTHERS!" and "FOR CHAOS!"
>>
>>51158968
>Never mind what weird and aberrant geneseed you'll get after all that corruption (That's another question - Can Chaos-tainted Marines even be harvested? I mean, their gene-seed probably has eyes and tumors)
Chaos space marines are like heresy microwaves, if there's any kind of mutation in their geneseed it'll likely be in favor of Chaos somehow, even if it is a third eyeball which grows inside their rectum then they're just blessed by Tzeench/Slaanesh.
>>
>>51159109
*Tzeench/Slaanesh/Nurgle
>Brother! I can see my own shit clogged rotting organs all the time this is the best! Praise be to Nurgle!
>>
>>51158788
Well, there once Daemoncubala

And you can recruit an aspiring CSM from a newly fresh traitor SM, which is alot.

Or maybe they recruit from CSM controled worlds, like SM would, but more BRUTAL.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.