[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to introject a new player?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1197.jpg (87KB, 800x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1197.jpg
87KB, 800x935px
Hey guys I've been having trouble with coming up with ways to inject new players into an ongoing story and was hoping for ideas, one idea I have is that they come across a petrified character in a cave with a skeleton retching towards it with an anti-petrification potion.
Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: IMG_2246.png (651KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2246.png
651KB, 720x540px
Self-bump because I'm shit
>>
>>51152623
They fall screaming from the sky, take 3d6 falling damage, and it goes from there.
>>
>Stories of the party spread and a villager/adventurer/NPC wants to join the party
>One of the party member's alliances sends backup

Really, all you have to do is think about who the character is, what they were doing up until that point, and why they would join the party, and then introduce them in an appropriate location as a person who just happened to come across the party

>Bard is playing for the party when they check into a tavern for the night
>Monk wandering a road trying to seek guidance against the BBEG
>Rogue tried to steal from one of the members
>>
>party finds a possessed person
>beat ghost out of them
>new party member
>>
File: OH SHID IM FEELY NUT.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
OH SHID IM FEELY NUT.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
>>51152623
> Wench in tavern catches STD
> Gets told she cannot be a wench because of STD
>Wench needs to now go on a quest to cure this curse/disease and revenge her tainted "parts"
Could be a really funny/dynamic character
>>
>>51152623
>Donkey salesman
>In a part of the map where people have plenty of horses for travel and ox for work
>He cannot sell donkeys
>But donkeys is all he has even known... :(
>Mounts his last donkey (the others he couldnt afford to feed) who is also his greatest friend
> Ride off into adventure to be the worlds first TOP RANK donkey cavalry
>(Because of small size of donkey you could even allow a PC to go into dungeons/ caves with it)
>>
A tiefling dressed in all black crashess through the ceiling he was immediately joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.
>>
>>51152623
That's way too vague to give any concrete answers without knowing anything about the campaign.

But generally, first step would be to, obviously, ask the new player to make a character that is or will be invested in the campaign's main point.
Have old party meat the new character in the nearest reasonable location.
Then just more or less force characters, new and old, be willing to make some new friends and work together.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.