[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accidentally damaged friends board game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Hey /tg/.
I'm pretty new here so forgive me if this is a common thread

What are the generally accepted rules regarding accidental damaging of peoples board games?

I was playing 'Mombasa' with my friend and drinking a glass of water that had some honey and black molasses inside for taste. By complete mistake I bumped the table with my thigh due to my width and knocked my drink over the board, damaging most of the board, and causing it to become stained.

It was an accident, and I obviously joked 'the africans are thirsty haha!'. He got fucking mad and kicked me out of the game, and is now demanding I pay for the game to be replaced. I don't think it is fair, as it was an accident, and I'm sure he touched my leg to make me flinch because I was winning the game.

I've already told him I won't be paying and if he chooses to kick me out of our game group so be it. Am I in the right?
>>
>the africans are thirsty haha!
Dats raciss!

Your friend's an asshole. Buy your own copy of MOMBASA, then invite the whole group to play. But make it very clear it's your copy of MOMBASA, not his.
>>
File: no.png (157KB, 437x349px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
157KB, 437x349px
>Am I in the right?

No.
>>
It's generally good manners to never leave drinks on the same table as a board game for exactly this reason.
>>
>>51151645
>Am I in the right?
No

You'll need to choose whether you friendship or $50 is more important to you.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (35KB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
35KB, 295x200px
>>51151645
>Damage friends property
>refuses to pay for the damage
how would you feel if someone damaged your things and refused to reimburse you?
the right thing to do is to pay for the damage you caused, even if it was just an accident
>>
shit bait, just stop
>>
Sounds like you're both in the wrong for sure, and i dont think id want to play games with either of you.

>spilling water on friends board game
understandable accident. it happens. no big deal
>immediately making a joke of the situation
this is where you went wrong. you spilled what was presumably a large quantity of water on his game (enough to ruin it?) and instead of being immediately apologetic for accidentally ruining his expensive game you made it seem like nothing
>he got fucking mad and kicked me out of the game
this is where he went wrong. he had every right to be mad but he certainly shouldn't have kicked you out. sounds like he really over-reacted

its hard to really tell who was in the wrong without being there. maybe that guy is just a dick, but it sounds like both of you are. Did you even apologize to him?

also hard to tell who was in the right without being able to see the damage to the game. If you ruined the board to the point where it is unusable (or even mostly unusable) you ought to replace it. if you just left a stain and the rest of the game is usable and functioning for all intents and purposes, i dont really see why he would need a new one in a first place.
>>
>>51151645
Ms Manners says you should apologize to him and get him a new game.

You could also shoot him dead, spill his blood on the board game and make it look like a robbery. That way the water stains will be covered by the blood stains and none will be the wiser.

Your choice.
>>
>>51151818
>shit bait, just stop
Instead of frantically searching the catalog for joke threads to scream BAIT! BAIT! BAIT! in, try ignoring them. You'll find that life is much more enjoyable when you stop caring about other people having fun incorrectly.
>>
>>51151645
>drinking a glass of water that had some honey and black molasses inside for taste
Is this like the poor man's mead?
>>
>>51151645
A real friend would have replaced the damaged game without complaint. You are an assclown who deserves to be kicked out his group.
>>
>>51152603
And a real friend would not have gotten that mad and kicked him out, so the point is somewhat moot in this case.
>>
>>51151645
>Honey and molasses
>In water

You're in the wrong because you're fat.
>>
File: 1478215534280.png (291KB, 328x421px) Image search: [Google]
1478215534280.png
291KB, 328x421px
>>51152215
>not replying to bait anyways for fun

But really though, a fatass puts honey and molasses in water near a boardgame and wonders and decides to not take responsiblity when shit goes south.
It's nigger-tier behavior to at least not offer to pay for half.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.