[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How elaborate are your cities, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 10

Well?
>>
>>51150721
Usually too elaborate for my players, but I still try to give them character.
>>
File: london map.jpg (712KB, 2487x1776px) Image search: [Google]
london map.jpg
712KB, 2487x1776px
>>51150721
That's pretty neat, but are there any other pics - the heavy cross-sectioning makes it hard to visualise a lot of it, especially in the middle
>>
>>51150829

Only other pic, to my knowledge.
>>
>>51150721
Holy shit.

Uhh, I don't have pictures for it, but at one point I designed a mile-high (1,52km) tower city (basically 5 cities stacked on each other), making up logical ways to light up the base and the shadowy side, how commerce is done on the higher levels (With airships, of course!), how water and sewage is handled and how the support structures work etc.

The entire document is only six A4 shy atm, but it's supposed to be somewhere around 20-30 pages when it's ready.

The entire campaign setting btw is handled around that singular city called the Nexus.
>>
File: Ankh Morpork.jpg (834KB, 3000x3071px) Image search: [Google]
Ankh Morpork.jpg
834KB, 3000x3071px
>>51150852
Cool.

It was about a minute after I posted that that I realised the dotted line is not "and there's a space between here and here", so it makes a bit more sense - though I still can't see where the Hanging Bridge meets anything else
>>
File: martian streest.jpg (484KB, 1350x808px) Image search: [Google]
martian streest.jpg
484KB, 1350x808px
I go into a lot of street level description, but I'm never very particular about maps or layout
>>
File: plymouth.jpg (337KB, 2040x1565px) Image search: [Google]
plymouth.jpg
337KB, 2040x1565px
>>51150721
Not too elaborate. I'm getting ready to run a Lamentations of the Flame Princess game and it's going to start in Plymouth, England in 1640 (just two years before the English Civil War). Basically magic and shit exists now because back in the 1620's some witches up in the Lancashire actually were able to tear a rift between worlds (thus porting in halflings, elves, and dwarves along with magic that "bled" through as well). Most of the cities are still basically the same but some have new demihuman neighborhoods (where they are treated largely like the Jews of the time, restricted and watched).
>>
Need more elaborate maps of cities/towns.
>>
File: OpalMap.jpg (5MB, 3722x2451px) Image search: [Google]
OpalMap.jpg
5MB, 3722x2451px
>>51151714
This good?
>>
File: DuU9MbG.jpg (516KB, 2192x1648px) Image search: [Google]
DuU9MbG.jpg
516KB, 2192x1648px
>>
File: Hyperion_City_Map.png (1MB, 1259x974px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperion_City_Map.png
1MB, 1259x974px
>>51151714
>>
>>51151714
another
>>
>>51150721
I'm lucky if I even have a map. A lot of my campaigns are wilderness or frontier so there's that as well, I guess.
>>
>>51150919
Looks like it goes to the Upper Sprawl?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.