[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 422
Thread images: 61

File: fh_concept1.jpg (60KB, 760x429px) Image search: [Google]
fh_concept1.jpg
60KB, 760x429px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Molthune Knights decision time edition: How will you design your stronghold to hold of Nirmathas?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread: >>51141888
>>
>>51149161
I've always wondered what people like you do with your time.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>51149150
>How will you design your stronghold to hold of Nirmathas?

Speaking of strongholds, what are you going to name your castle and why is Game of Thrones such an awesome source of material?

>Storm's End
>The Dreadfort
>The Red Keep
>The Twins
>The Eyrie

I still think "Oathkeeper" is one of the coolest names for a sword out there, alongside "Ice" and "Heartsbane."

Speaking of which, are there any craftsmen in Molthune Knights or RotJR that could forge some really nifty, named gear?
>>
>>51149150

Pls no. Make it more general please
>>
>>51149215
>Speaking of which, are there any craftsmen in Molthune Knights or RotJR that could forge some really nifty, named gear?
Isn't that what your followers are for?
>>
>tfw no critiqueanon
>>
File: 1459730305377.jpg (209KB, 1308x616px) Image search: [Google]
1459730305377.jpg
209KB, 1308x616px
>>51149247

>He doesn't forge his own gear
>>
>>51149265
It's too late for his help now anyway.
>>
>>51149150
>How will you design your stronghold to hold of Nirmathas?
Like a mage does. I have actually done a lot of theory for how a defensible fortress has to work in a setting with high magic. Has a lot to do with layers, proper enchantments, etc. It's expensive.
>>
>>51149265
I'm around. Shoarn, right? Let me just give it a readthrough, see what I can do.
>>
>>51149292
it's less about his help, and more that it's fun to see his critique
>>
>>51149317
Nah, I'm just a random fag who liked seeing someone actually do an in-depth look at a character beyond "dude tits lmao" or "muh skill rolls"
>>
Running a quasi-ROTRL game at work, wanting to implement a shadow lord template goblin in place of the 1st book baddies.

Think this might be too much?
>>
>>51149292

Really? We've got tonight, tomorrow, Friday and Saturday to implement the advice he gives.
>>
Hmmm, while the general is a bit too early than I would have liked, at least its not shit.

I was planning to make a general at page 8, but this one is sufficient, so I will acquiesce this, and wait for this general to run its course to post the next one.

Besides, at least I have an edition topic already for when that happens.
>>
>>51149215
>possible names for my fortress
>Downspout
>Rag Keep
>Copper Keep
>Bronze Dawn
>Steppe of Tears
>Desmon's Stand
>Gutter Peak
>Windy Hall
>>
>>51149384
>>51149146
>What you do is give a fly speed with a "must stay within 1 square of a surface or fall" clause and a "can't go more than 5 foot deep into a solid object" clause.
>I think both are included in some of the low-level quasi-incorporeal monsters in 3.5's Monster Manual V, if you want some inspiration.

I wish more people would do stuff using ideas from MM5. A lot of the monsters in that book were really cool!
>>
>>51149215
For me it really depends where it's located. My character is pretty militaristic so they'd do what makes sense but castles don't make as much sense in open plains. "Amber fields of Molthune" implies we're set up somewhere in the farming areas.
>>
> In general, a character can consume a number of alcoholic beverages equal to 1 plus double his Constitution modifier before being sickened for 1 hour equal to the number of drinks above this maximum.

So is this daily? Hourly? What? Is there a save to avoid being sickened? I mean Iron Liver's a thing so there should be, right?
>>
>>51149403

Tell me a bit about your planned village, family and stronghold!
>>
>>51149317
Hey CritiqueAnon, if you've got the time and get the chance, could you give Osanna a look?
>>
>>51149419
Drug rules are dumb and unfinished is the answer, cocaine is the most deadly poison because drugs are bad, etc.
>>
>>51149442
>cocaine is the most deadly poison because drugs are bad, etc.

>Implying 40 lbs of Cocaine injected directly up the nostrils won't kill you
>>
Anybody have a certain area of Nirmathas in mind for their village? I was just planning to go with the flow if I got selected.
>>
>>51149458
No, it would. The issue is the ability score damage from drugs have no save.
>>
>>51149459
>Anybody have a certain area of Nirmathas in mind for their village?
>a certain area of Nirmathas
>Nirmathas
You want to be behind enemy lines and constantly dealing with a rebellion?
>>
>>51149442
So if you're a Drunken Brute, Drunken Master, Buccaneer, or some other archetype that gets stuff from booze...what do you do?
>>
File: 1481478630026.jpg (29KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1481478630026.jpg
29KB, 400x267px
Who /doesn't care if they get in anymore/ here?
>>
>>51149489
Not drink too much.
>>
>>51149459

Anon pls, at least wait until you are level 7 before you start thinking of conquering whole countries
>>
>>51149458
Problem is it counts as a buff, not a poison, and bypasses immunities.

So you can literally be immune to all forms of intoxication and a couple of water balloons full of cocaine OD you in seconds.
>>
>>51149458
>>51149467
Opium for instance is an injury drug that does 1d4 con/1d4 wisdom damage with no save. That's better than any poison period. It also costs less than all but the cheapest poisons at 25gp.

This is dumb.
>>
>>51149507

I'd love to get into RotJR, but I'd be fine if I did not!
>>
>>51149486
>>51149511
Somehow I got it into my mind that we'd be settling newly conquered areas along the border, but I can't find anything to back that up so I probably just imagined it. You may now ignore me.
>>
>>51149411
>>51149215
If I had to place my own fort it'd probably be in that little strip of land between Backar Forest and the mountains there to watch for activity from Nidal as well as provide forays to the north toward Nirmathas. A bit out of the way for some supplies but probably not too bad.
>>
File: 1398029912344.gif (994KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1398029912344.gif
994KB, 320x240px
>>51149507
I'm trying not to. But it's still going to hurt.
>>
File: 1459730624796.jpg (831KB, 1350x770px) Image search: [Google]
1459730624796.jpg
831KB, 1350x770px
>>51149403
>>51149215

Since everyone's getting a village and not necessarily a castle, shouldn't the better question be, "What are you going to name your village?"

If I actually made the character I was thinking of, I would've named my village Icelington, aka "Iceling's Town" since that's the hypothetical character's last name.
>>
>>51149317
How would you feel about reviewing apps to Dragon Game?
>>
Spells that give Temporary HP:
>False Life
>Great False Life
>Vampiric Touch
>Aura of Cannibalism
>Death Knell
>Tentacles
>Enemy's Heart

So a lot of these are not worth it. What besides False Life is worth it? Also what spells am I missing?
>>
File: 1480904807033.jpg (19KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
1480904807033.jpg
19KB, 720x544px
>>51149603
It won't hurt if you abandon all aspirations now lads.
>>
>>51149507
I play Pathfinder with my friends, I never cared.
>>
File: Shoarn.jpg (41KB, 564x788px) Image search: [Google]
Shoarn.jpg
41KB, 564x788px
>>51149340
Well the last request I had was Shoarn, so we're gonna do Shoarn.

Shoarn Akkiv

Shoarn is the mysterious stranger, invoked. Now this sort of character has a few aspects. They have unrevealed powers, a reason to keep them hidden, and a character trait that will eventually drive them to reveal themselves. Unrevealed powers is confirmed, as Shoarn's description is focused on how she's kept herself hidden. The character trait is there, she's protective of her community. So far so good, and Shoarn is a well put together mysterious stranger.

The problem comes when we try to figure out why she keeps herself hidden. Now the backstory /says/ that it's because Varisians are prejudiced against Shoanti, but the thing is that as she moved away from Kaer Maga and Korvosa that attitude would have faded. This is a rather large problem, since without a legitimate reason to keep herself hidden the mysterious stranger falls apart.

Now this isn't the worst thing in the world, and there's a really easy way out, simply by removing the line about how she moved deeper into civilized lands as she traveled away from Kaer Maga, and substituting it with something along the lines of 'once burnt, twice cautious.'

She's got some nice depth of personality, with her hatred of prophecy promising some interesting returns. Though I have to wonder about hating icons of other people. Is it draconic vanity? It's not entirely clear why that sort of thing irritates her, though it is another trait, and something that can be built off of.

Shoarn has a /long/ story, and it's organized a bit strangely. I can tell that there's something good there, but it's a bit muddied by some other factors, making this a difficult one to pick through. Like most of the backstories I've looked at, at the end of the day, it's good.

>>51149435
I have a backlog of characters to look at. Shoarn's done, and I'll work my way through to Osanna.

>>51149615
I've got no interest in the Dragon Game, sorry.
>>
>>51149208
I don't know what they do in their spare time but I know what they don't do: make weird random changes in the game because they want trannies to be completely equal and accepted but don't want to give up "muh struggle" because otherwise they wouldn't have any reason to hate people who aren't insane.
>>
>>51149720
>I've got no interest in the Dragon Game, sorry.
Aw, I was hoping you'd be up for it in an educational sense, but you're just trying to make RotJR better then?
>>
>warders dont get access to the cooler disciplines of PoW:E
>have to take an archetype to do so
>stuck with eternal guardian and piercing thunder

Gareth why ;_;
>>
>>51149744
The problem is that Dragon Game, and Molthune Knights, and Fluffy Tail all have very different ideas of what character traits make a good character, and I'm not really interested in those types of characters.

Amandia's next.
>>
>>51149720
If he's not already on there, might I ask to add Rubio to the qeue? I'm wondering what I can do to smooth him out in these last days, or at least refine him for future use.
>>
>>51149781
Well, here's to hoping that someone else steps up to fill your shoes for Dragongame
>>
>>51149720
judge

dierdre
>>
File: Intrigued.gif (582KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
Intrigued.gif
582KB, 220x165px
>>51149720
>>51149781
Out of curiosity, how deep are you going here for these reviews? Are you just skimming the post on the forums, or are you peeking into the character sheets too to take into account the stuff on there? Not like, character build, but smaller details like a character's age?
>>
>>51149773
Because Eternal Guardian and Piercing Thunder mesh well with the core themes and mechanics out of hand?
Admit that you want a part of the power creep, anon.
>>
>>51149869
No I just think the other disciplines are more interesting than "hey i can scare you real gud".
>>
A bit of a rant here:

It sucks DMing because I have to tone down my own powergaming for the sake of my group not hating me. I was re-writing an NPC boss fight for one of the adventure paths and I scrapped it because it had an AC of 40 versus a group of level 9 players.

Spoiler since at least one of my players is a fa/tg/uy (that means you, Myles) stone giants get crazy ACs with even a slight bit of optimization, the NPC in question already has an AC of 30 even with Paizo's shitty optimization)
>>
>>51149720
Hmm. In criticism of your criticism, keeping hidden might be habitual at this point, distancing oneself from strangers. Kind of like how Aragon goes by strider still around Rivendell even though everyone knows who he is, I think the strider bit is mainly used when he's working with Gondorians. I could be wrong though, I don't know much about LOTR lore.
>>
>>51149554

Soon! But that soon!
>>
>>51149795
Added. Amandia, Casimir, Gil, Ossana, Rubio.
>>51149804
Here's to hoping someone decides to do a review of any character. I welcome it.
>>51149836
From HV? Nah.
>>51149865
I take a quick look, but not that much. For example, I know that Shoarn is a tiefling, but I didn't realize that Jan had pyrotechnics or that Kyler had the Chosen One trait.

>>51149904
It's fine if it's habitual, but there's no prejudice against Shoanti around Sandpoint, so the idea that she's hidden so as not to become a target due to her race doesn't ring true, and that's one of the pillars of her character.
>>
>>51149952

>Amandia, Casimir, Gil, Ossana, Rubio

Ooh! Good list of characters to break apart!
>>
>>51149952
why not?
>>
>>51149952
Might as well join the club and ask for your thoughts on Valeriya. Thanks for doing this, kind anon.
>>
>>51149150
/pfg/, i need some help building a character. I am going Arcanist and we are adding mythic to the adventure. I am still toiling around race, probably periblooded aasimar. Our gm has allowed a free vmc. Let's assume 25 point buy as well. And is allowing leadership.
My gm has recommended that i should go either magus vmc or sorcerer vmc, but i was wondering what archetype should i run, vmc i should take, what feats should i look into, and what should my cohort be? If sorcerer vmc what are some recommended bloodlines i should look into. Keep in mind that we are running a good campaign so twiligt sage is out based on the evil abilities it has. No 33p.
>>
>>51150063
Magus VMC won't do you well as a half BaB class. Sorcerer VMC can be interesting.

I suggest Oracle instead however.
>>
File: Amandia.jpg (136KB, 846x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Amandia.jpg
136KB, 846x1200px
Amandia

The Good) Like a lot of other characters Amandia is given a lot of room to grow, in this case explicitly, since she's not familiar with the world around her. As always, not locking your character in to a set path is a good idea.
The Great) Amandia is a fairy tale character. She's idealized and idealistic, and if that aspect is played up then that is a /huge/ strength. Her backstory starts with 'Once upon a time,' and even though it doesn't keep that mood and definitely gives me a better idea of what to look for.
The Bad) Amandia isn't stupid. Yes she's childlike, but she's been around for 3 years, two of which have been spent searching around for a 'cure' for her father. It weakens her character to imagine that after that time she still doesn't understand what death is, given that it's been explained to her. If she had avoided that knowledge then maybe, but there's no mention of this.
The Weird) The hook with the Technic League. I understand they're a power in Numeria, but if the Technic League is searching for her Alchemical-Anima Engine then I'd imagine that they'd have encountered her at some point during her search for a doctor.

Amandia's strength lies in her simplistic view of the world. The problem is that simple doesn't always mean dumb, and it doesn't mean saccharine. Fairy tales are for children, but they're surprisingly dark, and for Amandia to be a fairy tale character she has to acknowledge both sides of the coin.
>>
File: 1471344255387.jpg (233KB, 1024x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1471344255387.jpg
233KB, 1024x1498px
Hey /pfg/, I'm working on a remake of the Armorist, and am in need of good art for it.

Anyone got anything that can work?
>>
File: IMG_4889.jpg (262KB, 738x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4889.jpg
262KB, 738x950px
How well received would an Elder Scrolls game with homebrewed races be to /pfg/ if someone was interested in running it?
>>
What's the strongest thing to summon off the Summon Monster II table?
>>
>>51150114
Perhaps the addition of a couple sentences could state or imply she's in denial, still trying to find a way to get him "cured" but acknowledging privately that he's dead.
>>
>>51150148
>Elderscrolls
>PF
PErsonally, I'd say you're better off using the UESRPG instead of Pathfinder.

Also, TES and Homebrew races do not mix well
>>
>>51150148

>running it

Not so much. Playing in it. Sure. But there is a UESRPG
>>
I've been out of the loop for a bit? What's spheres of might supposed to be, more '5e martial dice' than path of war?
>>
>>51150218
I'm unfamiliar with 5e martial dice, but I'd say it reminds me of a more free-form version of the Morrowind skills system, mixed with SoP type utility
>>
>>51149901
>not being able to get around an AC of 40 at level 9

How sad and low energy.
>>
File: 1366232006602.jpg (41KB, 306x384px) Image search: [Google]
1366232006602.jpg
41KB, 306x384px
>want to ask critiqueanon to look at both my molthune and RotJR character
>He has too much work now too look at them before the apps close/are decided
>I probably wouldn't change anything anyways, and don't want to shill my "literallywho" characters anymore, since that tends to backfire and just result in hate.
>>
>>51149808
Oh my god, I hate how longer-lived races are handled in most of D&D. Especially planetouched like tieflings or aasimars. Having angel blood apparently means you have to spend 20 years in diapers and suffer from learning disability!
>>
>>51150114

>Confirming that Amandia is a precious cinnamon bun that needs to be daughtered by the party

Cute!
>>
>>51150145
Is this a DDS thing, or a homebrew thing?
>>
>>51150295
At least your posted yours. I've been working on my for months and nothing I write seems to turn out right. Times winding down and I'm considering just throwing in the towel.
>>
>>51149888
Being the only one that has built in fear effects and takes advantage of Intimidate is not a knock against it, and it allows you to replace feats with maneuvers on top of a host of defensive benefits.
What exactly are you looking for, besides a bunch of broken effects or crass bonuses.
>>
>>51150295
Jesus Christ just ask dude. You literally just have to post a name and I'll at least try to get around to it.
>>
>>51150296
I like the interpretation of aasimar/tieflings where "you advance as your parent race, but stop physically aging once you reach adulthood and instead use the aasimar/tiefling chart". It lets you play your 20 year old demon-blooded action hero or your tired 90 year old ex-mercenary without any trouble.

Of course, there will always be that autist who shoves "BUT IT WAS ERRATA'D TO BE THIIIIIS" instead, where "this" means "it doesn't matter the parent race, you age like humans/half-elves".
>>
>tfw want to ask critiqueanon
>tfw don't want to summon witch hunter
I should just make a new roll20 account so I go back to being anonymous on roll20.
>>
>>51150188
Ah I do have that but I haven't read it in detail. Maybe when I get home from work I'll post the google doc I had for the homebrewed races. Admittedly several need adjustment but I'd like the feedback.
>>
>>51150329

I feel the same way about my RotJR character. I have too many ideas and they all jam together fighting to get out. I think I just dont want to play in the lewd campaign.
>>
>>51150295
CritiqueAnon has already stated he's not particularly interested in analysis of Molthune Knights characters (and player choices are expected to be made today so that one is a moot point).
>>
>>51149952
>>51149720
Shoarn's player here. Thank you for your time and well-articulated response.

I can identify a couple of factors as to why the formatting is so weird, I'll keep a lookout for those sorts of things in the future as well as work on keeping myself succinct. It seems as though running my mouth made her reasoning slip through the cracks. She's so secretive in Sandpoint not (entirely) because of racial animosity, but rather because she doesn't want people to diminish her accomplishments à la "Wow, who managed to pull that off? Oh, well of course a Shoanti would know how to break in an unruly horse! That's not as impressive as I thought after all."

On the bright side, now that you've managed to slog through all of that the other critiques should seem pleasantly quick by comparison.
>>
>>51150148

That could be fun; go on some adventures, get involved in guild or government politics, make a special friend or two.
>>
>>51150348
I don't think I care about my apps enough to ask more of people after I've posted them. It's nicer for me to not worry about them anymore and just wait for the decisions to be made.
>>
>>51150364

You can always pretend to be new! Yay anon!

>>51150365

I would give it a read, TES is one of my favorites.
>>
>>51150354
But you still have old assimar/tiefling training rates IIRC. Which is even more stupid.
>>
>>51150368
Like I can see the idea for the character in my head, personality and background are more or less clear. But it just feels awful when I write it all down. I either sell everything short or write way too much.
>>
>>51150330
I'm not looking for anything. I'm just saying that the discipline that lets you channel lightning into your blade or lets you rewind time is much cooler than eternal guardian.
>>
What is the closest in Pathfinder to a 5e Warlock?
>>
>>51150319
SoP
It specializes in conjuring magical arms and armor, using them and sharing them with allies. LAst thread we talked about the class's problems and how weak it is compared to other similar classes, so I've decided to make my own homebrew remake of it.

If you want a good analogy of what it is and what it can do, think of it like Noctis from FFXV or Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail (which is trash by the way). It also has archetpyes that allow you to do things like Gate of Babylon, Nanomachines Son, or get a Buster Cannon.
>>
>>51150398

Pick 5 things about your character and make them into bullet points. Then give each point one or two sentences only.
>>
>>51150419
>Pick 5 things about your character and make them into bullet points. Then give each point one or two sentences only.
Tried that. Ended up short selling too much stuff/didn't have good "flow" to me.
>>
>>51150409

The Avowed, a 3rd party class currently in Playtesting.
>>
>>51150380
We'll I was thinking of giving it the typical game start except all the players are either slaves or prisoners and they're released/escape together.
>>
File: orangutan-headache_2119333i.jpg (79KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
orangutan-headache_2119333i.jpg
79KB, 620x415px
>>51150296
Oh my god, I hate how longer-lived races are handled in real life. Especially humans. Standing on only two legs apparently means you have to spend a few years in diapers and suffer from learning disability!
>>
>>51150114
>>51150177

I seriously appreciate the critique, boss. Considering that I've had so little commentary on this means that I've been just waiting for anyone to say something, and yet having to keep myself from whoring out like the other meme characters.

>Personal denial over father's death
It's been an element I've been trying to reconcile myself, considering how impractical/impossible it'd be for a sick person to hold on for over a year while a doctor looks for a cure. It comes down to a question of how do I exactly explain the concept of death as permanent. As I've had it so far, I just explained death as "broken, but possible to repair and turn on".

>Technic League link
I admit, this was a late link, and honestly not as massive a hook as it probably looks. I don't really know how one'd come across the ability to fix androids without mentioning them at least once. As for why she never went east and wandered into some parallel-universe Iron Gods game? Er... all I can think of right now is that he said "don't go east" or something of the like. And why they haven't hunted her down before? I just...said she lived too far for anyone to pursue and the old man covered his tracks too well.

Does it sound kinda hasty? It is, I'm still trying to get used to some of the lore on Golarion and I'm open for any alternatives.
>>
Would it be too out there for a Changeling to be "in contact" with their Hag mother, even though they didn't answer "the call" and become a Hag themselves?
>>
>>51150435

Try 6 or 7? Maybe give it to someone else to read? A second perspective is always helpful.
>>
>>51150445
There's a ton of difference between 20 years and like 3.
>>
File: Dust adept 2.png (477KB, 480x727px) Image search: [Google]
Dust adept 2.png
477KB, 480x727px
>>51150148
Very yes. Question is, what would be the best way to play a Telvanni Dust Adept? Some kind of Kineticist?
>>
>>51150445
Nice hyperbole but tieflings, aasimars, elves etc. are still roughly human in shape. I see no reason for them to develop in such a slow rate. Like, none at all.
>>
>>51150473
There are like 6 different iterations of the backstory in various stages of completeness, and I'm working on a 7th.
>>
>>51150386
In all honesty I'd love getting critiques from other anons so long as it was deeper than "Wow niggerfaggot, what a shitty character."

Chances are I won't get in anyway but at least I'll learn how to better my applications for the future and I also get to share comfy character ideas.
>>
>>51150488

Pygmies age completely different and they're ostensibly human
>>
>>51150496

When in times of turmoil turn to the RNGods and roll for victory!
>>
>>51150409
Avowed, flat out, but with 3.5 style 'all day' on their abilities.

You get pacts, which determine a handful of your abilities just like the 5e style. You've got different eldritch blast shapes - now called aether pulse - which are gained separately from your invocations (Clauses now). You're charisma based, UNLESS you take one of the feats, which actually makes you strength-based, in case you want to Cho-Aniki your magic powers or something.
>>
>>51150400
>this discipline that allows you to recreate this mythological ability or that mythological ability is flashier than one that just makes you a scary dude who is good at defending others around them as warders are built to
>>
>>51150469
Nah, that'd be fine, but she'd probably keep trying to turn your character.
>>
>>51150517
The first 2 are garbage, granted no one really shat on them when I posted them so I guess they weren't *pure* gutter trash(though I feel like the first kinda was).

I think I'm just gonna play up personality as opposed to history in this one.
>>
>>51150501
Well, some guy once said, "be the change you want to see" so in hopes of this coming around to me...

Give me a link anon.
>>
>>51149952
As the anon who originally started asking you for advice, may I make a selfish request and ask for Shizuka to be reviewed? You of course do not need to, if you don't want to!
>>
>>51150503
Early developmental stages or late?
>>
>>51149901
Did the party not have blasting spells or something?
>>
>>51150486
Blight or Desert Druid?
>>
>>51150570

Both
>>
>>51150486
Well, Jolly did make a Kineticist that uses Int instead of Con, that could work.

PErsonally, however, I feel SoP better emulates TES magic (save for possibly the really esoteric kinds, like Tonal Architecture or Sword Singing, though those can either be used as either Vancian of some kind, or just heavily tradtioned Spheres), so possibly a caster with Creation, Telekinesis, and/or Nature Spheres
>>
>>51150442
>>51150546
Link?

Where do I find this?
>>
>>51150629

It's in the OP!
>>
>>51150629
Check the OP
>>
>>51150616
>Well, Jolly did make a Kineticist that uses Int instead of Con, that could work.
Isn't that a pretty big nerf? Con is like the best casting stat.
Con>Wis>Int>>Cha
>>
>>51150632
>>51150635
Oh I'm fucking blind.
>>
File: borrow a feeling.jpg (25KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
borrow a feeling.jpg
25KB, 620x400px
>>51150641
It also had less jank burn; this was in the first book before Horror Adventures, which was me breaking new ground.
>>
>>51150565
I'm already on critiqueAnon's list and don't feel like "double dipping," but I'm willing to give my two cents on your own application if you'd be interested.
>>
>>51150148
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-vCazc2EEszHV0Cfd5Aj2U9bM3Gop6FkewLVIeZfKfE

I started with someone else's base and made adjustments myself. Please be kind with critique.
>>
>>51150641
>Scarred Witch Doctor

https://youtu.be/X2WH8mHJnhM
>>
First and foremost, thank you all for apping. I was not expecting so many nor was I expecting so much enthusiasm for such a game. A lot of you put a ton of effort and if I could run 5 games I would take anyone willing. I have chosen the following six players in no particular order. You will all receive an invite.

Krim - Sir Emeric Silva, Owl Knight
RidiculousFalcon - Sir Adalbern Sigurdsson, The Noble Bear
James C. - Elio Scutari
Siobhan - Lady Liviana Montanari of Molthune, Sphere Skald
Rosa D. - Lady Kaylen Rubedo, the Red Sting
akael - Lady Nveryll 'Attor'

Thank you all again for apping.
>>
>>51150616
Sword Singing is just PoW
>>
>>51150469
It'd be fine if the hag recognizes the insidious potential of keeping herself disguised (either as some other fey and admitting she's the changeling's mom, or just some friendly neighborhood woman) and slowly corrupting or pushing her daughter into accepting The Call and falling into despair. If she runs around as a hag all the time though, it's a bit weird.
>>
>>51150711

Scarred Witch Doctor is only for super high int half-orcs now
>>
>>51150729
Fuck you, JJ.
>>
>>51150488
>>51150503
Tieflings and Aasimar should at least begin their lives aging similarly to the parent race, since they're "x race, but planetouched".

Elves and shit I can get as having different rate of growth, but they shouldn't be functionally identical in all aspects. If 80 years is "12 years old" in elf years, that elf has still been alive for 80 human years. A lot can change about a person in almost a century, or half of one. Or a decade, or a year, or even just a month.
>>
>>51150722
Congratulations, everyone!
>>
>>51150722
Any chance of seeing your shortlist of 10?
>>
>>51150711
I legit would not play with a GM if they didn't allow post errat Scarred Witch doctor and WEREN'T complete newbies.
>>
>>51150722
Gratz all!
>>
>>51150750
Daily reminder that there is no good reason for tieflings to have a negative stat if Aasimar don't also have one.
>>
>>51150722

IT'S OVER
>>
>>51150550
But warders are also built around murdering the shit out of the enemy?
>>
>>51150765
>didn't allow post errata scarred witch doctor

wouldn't a random schmuck ONLY use post-errata SWD, tho?
>>
>>51150765
Orcs don't exist in my setting, so you can just go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51150722
Aww...I didn't make it. Oh well. Good luck!
>>
>>51150679
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4420260/character-applications/?pageforid=4468944#post-4468944

This is the writer side of me that's coming out to be a slut for criticism to further refine my ability. I'm actually fairly confident in the app (the mechanics scare me).
>>
>>51150722
oh hey. that's unexpected. glad to be in there.
>>
>>51150758

Len Gleamglaze (no character sheet)
Mlle. Alexandrine "Sasha" Proulx II, Vicomptess de Lemarteau
Adalina Dae'orgon
Sir Kurat Maar
>>
File: Get out mah way!.jpg (109KB, 760x500px) Image search: [Google]
Get out mah way!.jpg
109KB, 760x500px
>>51150726
>tfw when you sword so hard you accidentally a nuke
>>
>>51150800
So would you allow any race to do SWD?
>>
>>51150722
>>51150815
Thank God it wasn't me. I have no idea how to use roll20.
>>
>>51150815
Woo, made it into the top 10!
>>
>>51150821
If you can come up with a good explanation and if I like you, maybe.
>>
>>51150834

Me either. It is a learning process
>>
>>51150722
So since the LFG is down and I have shitty memory, what are the races and classes of the lucky six?
>>
>I just want to play a pitborn female tiefling Sword of Valor Paladin, who forever must decide between her desire to purge all evil, and her fate as a demon-born hellbeast.

Also waifu.
>>
>>51150792
He meant pre.
>>51150788
That, too, which Eternal Guardian is good for.
You murder your enemies while they are fleeing in terror from you.
You haven't lived until you have made the first brigade of a demon army cower in terror before you, slaughter the entire first line singlehandedly, and watched the rest flee trampling each other in the process only to be cut down by the next battalion approaching.
Then did it again.
>>
>>51150847
"I'm a knockoff aztec that bleeds for my mysterious patron and worships his spirit through the mask I wear upon my face"?
>>
>>51150792
I mean pre errata, disregard I suck cocks.
>>
>>51150750

It's like Harry Potter being a short little immature shit who never achieves anything his parents managed to do at half his age for his entire life because of Voldy
>>
>>51150851

The LFG should still be up. I just closed the threads so you cannot post.

Human Hawkguard
Human OD/ZS warder
Human Avowed
Human sphere skald
Elf Vigiliante
Silver dragon
>>
>>51150815
Wow, I'm honoured I made it into the top 10 even if I didn't get a seat at the table. Thank you for all the hard work you've done putting this game together.
>>
>>51150722
Would it be too much to ask your opinions on those that didn't make it? I'd love to hear feedback from you.
>>
>>51150874
Welcome home.
>>
>>51150886
Half-elf Avowed
>>
>>51150851
Human
Human
Half-elf
Human
Silver dragon
>>
File: Boo.jpg (99KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.jpg
99KB, 500x281px
>>51150722
>No Iron Prophet

Just kidding, that seems like a solid list.
>>
>>51150722
Congrats to everyone that madequate it, and my condolences to those that didn't!
>>
>>51150865
also cannibalism.
>>
>>51150815
>DHB's character almost got in
Man you just should have lied about it or something.
>>
File: asuka.png (75KB, 211x173px) Image search: [Google]
asuka.png
75KB, 211x173px
>>51150722
>TWF your main app doesn't make it in, but your side app does.
>>
>>51150851
>>51150886
One of these is not like the others, clearly...
>>
>>51150954
I hope you're referring to RotJR and didn't double dip in the same game.
>>
File: [loud sweating].gif (128KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
[loud sweating].gif
128KB, 400x225px
>>51150722
>didn't expect to get in
>don't really have much of a higher concept
>don't really know what to do about this
>>
Is the Warshifter archetype for shifters good?
>>
what level should each witch in a coven be to give a party of 8 level 6 PCs a run for their money?
>>
what the hell is everyone talking about?
>>
>>51150722
BOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>51150965
You only get one chara to a person for RotJR.
>>
>>51150857

Are you interested in applying with that to Rise of the Jade Regent, a combination of the first book for Rise of the Runelords and the entirety of Jade Regent?

Also if she's descended from a Succubus she's got those urges to handle, alongside the looks.
>>
>>51150896

Send me a roll20 message and I will tell you
>>
>>51150962
I noticed the elf too.
>>
>>51151000
Sure, that sounds good, when is this a thing?
>>
>>51151007

>humans are OP

It is that feat and floating +2. Also lack of lizardmen, centaur and clerics
>>
File: 1482992684681.jpg (900KB, 1800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1482992684681.jpg
900KB, 1800x1020px
>>51150722
YO WHAT

>tfw I didn't expect to get in and spaghetti'd the invite

Oh god I'm sorry. Can you reinvite me?
>>
>tfw didn't get in
On one hand, I was applying mostly because I liked my character concept and didn't seriously intend to play. On the other, I am still kinda let down I didn't even made it to first 10. Cheers to those who made it, though!
>>
>>51150861
I'm not saying that EG is bad its just that all of the warders disciplines have very little awesome factor to them.
>>
>>51151041
You had one job anon!
>>
>>51150815
> No RotJR applicants got into game
>Two serious contenders for RotJR on the short list
Probably a good idea to keep players from dropping out if they got selected for RotJR.
>>
File: Elf mage 1.jpg (115KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Elf mage 1.jpg
115KB, 774x1032px
>>51151007
Honestly, I actually made the elf to stand out a little, since humans were everywhere. I'm glad my spy character worked!
>>
File: aquapod.jpg (182KB, 515x408px) Image search: [Google]
aquapod.jpg
182KB, 515x408px
>other races trying to compete with humans
>>
>>51151041
That didn't take long
>>
>>51151041

Fucking RIP. It says the invite is pending
>>
File: holly.jpg (16KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
holly.jpg
16KB, 230x300px
>>51150886
Elio's a half-elf. His parents were half-elves, his grandparents were half-elves, he is a half-elf.
>>
File: IMG_4893.jpg (72KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4893.jpg
72KB, 500x492px
>>51151064
Filthy filthy elves.
>>
>>51151062
>>Two serious contenders for RotJR on the short list
Who?
>>
>>51151084

Yeah my bad.
>>
>>51151064
Kaylen is awesome and you should be proud of that, anon.
>>
>>51151054
I CLICKED ACCEPT IT JUST DIDNT WORK

>>51151070
Uh, PM me the invite link instead. Maybe that will work.
>>
File: 1443587517948.png (145KB, 665x632px) Image search: [Google]
1443587517948.png
145KB, 665x632px
>>51150981

what ever level makes it so they can't hit me
>>
>>51151084
... that reference...

Are we really that old?
>>
>>51151053
EG lets you be so menacing people are stopping midway through their attacks. It lets you yoink people by ethereal chains if they try to run away from you. It lets you curse people into dropping their weapons and lets you scare things that literally cannot feel fear. Its capstone is you becoming a huge zone of NOPE, teleporting and shanking everyone who tries to step through it. It is not very flashy but it is pretty cool.
>>
CritiqueAnon here. Casimir's backstory is really well tightly knit and I'm having some trouble finding something to say. With that in mind, I invite anyone to try it out, either with the Good/Great/Bad/Weird model I've been doing for some characters, or whatever way you feel works best.
>>
File: 1474575398489.jpg (282KB, 1259x695px) Image search: [Google]
1474575398489.jpg
282KB, 1259x695px
>>51151084
>>
>>51151089
Slowcogs (AKA DHB) and Sappy both have RotJR chars that are talked about somewhat frequently here.
>>
File: silver dergen.jpg (65KB, 489x370px) Image search: [Google]
silver dergen.jpg
65KB, 489x370px
>>51151097
Oh, I see what went wrong. I was in the maximum number of games I could possibly be in. Whoops.
>>
>>51151099
>he thinks he's safe when magic is involved
dohohoho
>>
Tiefling Sword of Valor player here, where do I apply for this ROTJR game?

I have to go to work in 15 mins, can I finish this app later?
>>
>>51151126
... How many games is that? I might need to start clearcutting some old-chafe-games that have been dead for years.
>>
>>51151125
>popular=serious contender
>implying Riktor is talked about *THAT* often and that is mostly because he was spawned in thread and because of witchunter.
>>
>where were you when /pfg/ became game finder general?
>>
>>51150886
>4 humans

xD
>>
File: Blood elf.jpg (111KB, 1074x743px) Image search: [Google]
Blood elf.jpg
111KB, 1074x743px
>>51151087
In no way am I denying this.

>>51151094
Thanks, I worked pretty hard on her, I thought I wouldn't make it in since she didn't get meme'd. I wonder if memeing helped or hurt people's chances here.
>>
>>51151138
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent
>>
>>51151142

>>
File: tmp_9780-1483949981180-829418719.jpg (122KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9780-1483949981180-829418719.jpg
122KB, 751x1063px
>>51149215
How is the Paizo Livestream?
>>
>>51150486
Tell me of Dust Adepts.

That armor is turboswanky.
>>
>>51151168
That's a lot.
>>
>molthune game closed now
We /beginning of the end/ now
New /pfg/ era soon!
>>
>>51151116
Critique anon, you need to start namefagging, or at least posting pics when you post, so you can be picked out of the crowd
>>
>>51151027

Applications are closing on Sunday!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65435/rise-of-the-jade-regent

We'd love to have you!
>>
>>51151245
Like Sunday as in 12:00 AM Sunday or Sunday as in by the end of Sunday?
>>
>>51151258
Nigga if that matters I think it might be a little late for you.
>>
>>51151258
Sunday as in 'whenever the RotJR GM gets around to closing them' Sunday.

My advice? Have it submitted by Friday so that you've got time to fix things before Sunday.
>>
>>51151245
Hoy hoy, gotta finish up Aranha I guess!
>>
>>51151116

>Casimir's story is very tightly knit, I don't really know what to say

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
>>51151258
that dudes not me

I'll have the app in by tonight, not sure what to gestalt with Sword of Valor, maybe some sort of gish? IDK

Got time to figure that out
>>
>>51151185
We don't know much of anything about them, they were cut from Morrowind. They are alteration-based, using magic to control dust and ash. This made them scary-powerful on vvardenfell, until the Empire banned the use of dust magic on the island.
>>
>>51151311
Imperials ruin everything
>>
>>51151258

Sunday as in "it better be done by the time you go to bed!"

The start time is dependent on what the accepted players can do, so list availability in your application!
>>
>>51151310
Does Barbarian work well with Sword of Valor?
Can you rage and smite at the same time?

I like the idea of going into a holy rage and purging everything in my path.
>>
>>51151311
So are they what Neloth's Dust Atronachs in Dragonborn were pointing at then?
>>
>>51151310

Ooh, you know what would work perfectly for a Sword of Valor?

Avowed, the class listed in the OP! Either that, or maybe Oracle.
>>
>>51151185
Members of House Telvanni who specialize in a special brand of Alteration Magic that give them the ability to control and manipulate ash, dust, sand, and other particulate matter.
Historically, they were commonly found in Vvardenfell under the service of the Telvanni Mage Lords who dwell there, but were moved out as part of negotiations with the Septim Empire.

Due to not being in the location where they would be strongest and most influential, the Dust Adepts have gradually over time lost power and influence in the political landscape of Morrowind, and as such have decreased in prominance.

They supposedly had something to do with space travel during the Dragon Break in the Middle Dawn as well, but its not clear.

>>51151323
>>51151311
It was also mostly House Hlaalu who pushed for their banning, since they were afraid ash wielding brigands would be a threat to their agriculture.
>>
>>51151338
You can't Gestalt Barbarian and Paladin, lewdfag.
>>
>>51151349
Hmm, Oracle might do well.

I'm looking at avowed, i'll examine these over the day.

OK, going to work, stay frosty, friends!
>>
>>51151341
I don't think I got far enough in neloth's quests to know what you're talking about, but the dust magic you can get from him is probably remniscient of dust adept spells. Blowing people around, encasing them in ash, etc.
>>
>>51151297
I think that's supposed to be a compliment.
>>
>>51151338

Barbarians can't be Lawful, sadly.

Ask the DM if he can make an exception!
>>
>>51151364
dammit, alignment, right.
>>
File: Isger Flag.jpg (8KB, 250x157px) Image search: [Google]
Isger Flag.jpg
8KB, 250x157px
>>51151297
It's good. It means that overall the backstory is good/great, with nothing standing out as bad or weird. Looking over it again, there's the slight problem that we have no idea what he's been doing in the five years since the Late Unpleasantness. Yes, he's been moping, but you can't do that for five years.

If I make a roll20 account would that make people more comfortable coming to me for feedback, since it's not in front of the thread?
>>
>>51151338
>>51151390
Barbarian can't be Lawful, but Bloodragers can be!
>>
>>51150722
I guess I can at least die in peace now.
>>
>>51151360
Yeah, from that description, Spheres sounds great for that, since you can flavor a lot of things however you want.

Creation, Conjuration, Destruction (Especially with custom blast types)

Heck, if someone was motivated enough, they could make a Dust elemental package for the Nature sphere.

For reference, the Nature sphere is divided into elemental packages, life fire, water, etc. that do different stuff. You get one for free and have to buy the others separately
>>
File: 1428158785333.png (320KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1428158785333.png
320KB, 500x400px
>>51151403
>but you can't do that for five years.

yeah haha
>>
>>51151405
Reminder that Paladin||Destined Primalist Bloodrager has the best saves.
>>
File: 1483580166878.png (2MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1483580166878.png
2MB, 1600x2400px
>>51151427
Well... I'm ritual suicide pact anon, and I actually got in. So I guess the ritual suicide pact is off.
>>
>>51150815
>Sir Kurat Maar
I'm surprised I managed the top 10.

>>51150722
Hope you all have a great time.

>Krim - Sir Emeric Silva, Owl Knight
Excellent, Owl Knight was my favorite because I have a soft spot for animal theme'd knights.
>>
>>51151403
>If I make a roll20 account would that make people more comfortable coming to me for feedback, since it's not in front of the thread?

I imagine it would.
>>
>>51151471
>I have a soft spot for animal theme'd knights.

Me too.
>>
How do I into Mythic spellcasting, guys? There are so many mythic spells and they're so poorly organized on the PFSRD. I know there's a guide for Mythic in general out there, but is there a guide for Mythic spells specifically? Or just general advice about it that any of you guys could share?
>>
>>51151471
Get fucked DHB. Go back to making autistic homebrew no one will play. It's all you're good for.
>>
File: 1461482542097.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461482542097.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>51151497
How are you viewing the applicants if you don't have a Roll20 account?
>>
>>51150722
I'm pretty surprised I got in too. Can't wait to find out how the characters interact in game
>>
>>51151518
What the fuck is your damage?

For real, I don't care for DHB either but damn son.

Calm down.
>>
>>51151524
You can see the forums when they're in LFG mode.
>>
>>51151439
Earth Package has some sand and dust stuff in the handbook iirc
>>
>>51150722
Three men, three women, huh?
I smell "support convos"
>>
>>51151459
I guess I'll die alone then.
>>
>>51151553
>Nveryll
>woman
>>
>>51151518
Get fucked witch hunter, you are the most hated person in the general, even moreso that Kitsunefag, and you don't even ave any games to play in because you have no friends you fucking loser
>>
>>51151563
I don't know all the characters, it says lady three times.
>>
File: Brevoy_symbol.jpg (117KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
Brevoy_symbol.jpg
117KB, 500x682px
>>51151524
Magic.

I have an account, but I'm involved so I don't want to reveal potential bias. I mean another account for critique.
>>
>>51151545
Not the actual threads though. At most you can click on the listing and get a description. Clicking on an application would take you to the login page.
>>
>>51151507

Spells are spells. Mythic versions of those spells are just better versions. So good spells made better are still picked. Bad spells made better are still meh.
>>
>>51151584
It's possible he has an account for applying to games, and he's proposing making another for the CritiqueAnon stuff.
>>
>>51150815
>>51150722
I have a question, and this is not meant to start a witch hunt. What is your reasoning for DHB to make the top 10, and what was your reasoning from his eventual exclusion from the actual party? I want to see a GM's reasoning when interacting with a /pfg/ 'celebrity' applicant.
>>
>>51151585
But sometimes good spells don't get much extra from mythic versions and bad spells can have awesome mythic versions, so that doesn't really work. The fact that you do need to know the normal version of a spell to get a mythic version and that you can't (as far as I can tell) retrain your choices when high level spells (and thus higher level mythic spells) become available does make things more tricky though, especially for a spontaneous caster.
>>
>>51151583
See, now I'm really curious about who you are? Care to drop any hints?
>>
>>51151644
>he doesn't want to reveal any bias
>but you want him to tell you who he is
>which would reveal a potential bias

???
>>
>>51151631
Sorcerers can swap out spells at certain levels. And there is the retraining rules which you'll have to ask the DM if you can use.
>>
File: Absalom Symbol.jpg (31KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
Absalom Symbol.jpg
31KB, 250x333px
>>51151644
Any hint I could give would be instantly revealing. I don't want to give people a reason to dismiss my critique, or give it additional weight, and I don't want to form the basis for a new witch hunt.

If people still care then I'll say after RotJR acceptances go out.
>>
>>51151666
That's why I asked for a hint.
>>
>>51151563
Sheet says she's a female. That's a woman.

I'd argue 'lady' perhaps, but that goes for the three of them does it not?
>>
>>51151631
I'd say if you drop a spell that mythic spell slot becomes free. I've got level 13 wizard/tier 5 archmage in a wrath of the righteous campaign so I could tell you when I get home about what I have
>>
>>51151403

I'll add a couple sentences at the end to explain what he's been doing, thanks critiqueanon!
>>
>>51151628

First there was a lot of applications. Like I said, if I could run 5 games a week I would have taken everyone, including DHB and anyone else.

For me, I am an accountant so I like the record keeping aspect he has. I like the dedication to his character, I think a lot of people went over board with their back stories. I said like 2 paragraphs and I think only one person did less than 3. I dont really see an issue with "celebrities" because I keep out of that, drama is silly and drama like witchhunt anon is full autismo.

Reasons for why I choose not to take him are between him and I if he chooses to message me and would then like to share them.
>>
>>51151667
Yeah, but until my GM gets back to me on that I have to assume I can't retrain Mythic spells. Honestly, if I were the DM, I don't think I'd allow retraining Mythic spells since spellcasters- especially Mythic ones- don't need the help and you already "buy" in bulk of ten at a time and "redeem" them on whatever Mythic spells you want as you go along. If you want a particular mythic spell but don't have space for more mythic spells, you either shouldn't have wasted a slot on some lower-level Mythic spell or should take Mythic Spell Lore or Mythic Spellcasting again.

>>51151733
Thanks, I'd really appreciate any insight you have to share on the subject.
>>
>>51151749
I've thought about getting an accounting degree...do you like the work (minus office culture)?
>>
>>51151770
I head home in 10 minutes.
>>
>>51151786

It is not bad. There is a lot of flexibility to it. It took me a while to get started. The bigger the city the better but I think that is true about anywhere.
>>
>>51151583

Why does Brevoy have such a lame flag?
>>
>>51151518
How's it feel to be L I T E R A L L Y the only person who actually got their posts removed from Molthune?
>>
>tfw critiqueanon2 was probably accepted just now and won't be reviewing
>tfw I still haven't put my reaction face folder on my chromebook
>>
File: Shackles_symbol.jpg (53KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
Shackles_symbol.jpg
53KB, 500x315px
>>51151819
Rule of tincture isn't correctly applied.

>>51151835
I'm planning on doing Gil and Rubio as a compare/contrast, so it's taking a while.
>>
>>51150758
>>51150722
I like the fact the twins didn't even make top 10 but DHB did.
>>
>>51151749
What about sharing the reasons you did pick people; what did you like about some of them?
>>
>>51151879
Because DHB had a legitimately interesting character, the twins didn't. DHB just went overboard with his autism.
>>
>>51151702

Ooh, I think I know who you are!
>>
>>51151870
The other anon who said he'd do critiques
>>
>>51151870

It's not just rule of tincture, it's the checkered flag with cheapo dragon sigil seems lame to me.

It needs better coloration, something that fits Choral the Conqueror's new Kingdom.
>>
File: Nex Symbol.jpg (15KB, 250x157px) Image search: [Google]
Nex Symbol.jpg
15KB, 250x157px
>>51151948
Feel free to PM me on roll20 then?
>>51151965
Ah.
>>51151992
Probably, yeah.
>>
>>51152019
oh god that's ugly. what is it?
>>
>none of the meme characters made it into Molthune
Thank fucking God.
>>
>>51151943
I guess the twins were only built around each-other, rather than being able to stand on their own?
>>
>>51151892

My own views on comfy played a factor as much as I tried not to. I liked a lot of the themes, knightly themes especially. Loyalty to Molthune, willingness to cooperate with others in the back story and hopefully in the players. Some kind of soldier background, I wanted to be flexible with this. I was a little disappointed no one played a cleric, especially as I like to keep a "balanced" party. It doesnt mean it is not doable, just a preference. Combat isnt a big part but still a part of the game so I liked that people were able to not go too overboard with 3pp material.

My GM style is I like to give players goals and then let them decide how to accomplish those goals so I wanted some variety within the ideas of knights while still holding true to the comfy tone.
>>
can we all go back to arguing about PoW or something? This online game circle-jerk is strange and unusual.
>>
>>51151749
If I had to guess it was probably how big his family was and how much of a pain that would be to deal with.
>>
File: Geb Symbol.jpg (39KB, 454x599px) Image search: [Google]
Geb Symbol.jpg
39KB, 454x599px
>>51152040
The flag of Nex. The one thing that Geb has up on Nex.
>>
>tfw the entire party got cursed by a coven
kinda salty that we got powered down by these witches, but on the other hand, getting the curses lifted is going to be an interesting plot
>>
>>51152073
So, thinking about some PoW stuff. Looking at both the Polymath and Warpath both seem EXTREMELY strong, like to a silly degree. I could see the reasoning that either of them are tier 2. Slightly less spells per level is less important than gaining initiation.

Tier 2 is supposed to be defined by completely changing campaigns around them, and I have seen a polymath do exactly that.
>>
>>51150145
Am bumping this request, and also I would like some criticism on the ideas I'm working on.

Now, the new Armorist will now be unlimited in his selection of armor and weapon qualities (with a gameplay caveat, but a minor one), and will also be given the ability to spend spell points to actively apply qualities to his weapons and armor. So hopefully thats good.

Also, I've considered lowering the level for Quick Summons. Would gaining it at level 8 be better, or is that too low?
>>
>>51152122
Head to your closest metropolis and seek out the biggest temple you can find.

>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/spells/removeCurse.html

It's only a 3rd level spell. There should be a 5th level cleric somewhere in a metropolis. It might take him a few tries.
>>
>>51152130
what are those, and explain what they do?
>>
File: DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg (121KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
DaS Keep Me Posted.jpg
121KB, 359x305px
>>51151870
>Gil and Rubio as a compare/contrast

Neato, I look forward to that.
Kinda hoped to see everyone as standalone, but that's because I want to keep all the bully to myself.
>>
Rather than talking about DHB's character can we talk about his content?

Someone posted this before:
"Tiers:

Tier 2:
Lore Master Fighter

Weird caster that doesn't have spell slots but can use consumables without expending them.

Tier 3:
Mutation Master Fighter
Bootleg Alchemist Gunslinger
Wyvern Rider Cavalier

They have a lot of good utility to go with a bit of casting. Wyvern Rider is REALLY strong.

Tier 4:
Base UC Fighter
Warmaster Fighter
Bloodtainted Fighter
Base UC Gunslinger
Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger
Construct Tinkerer Gunslinger
Base UC Cavalier
Hound Master Cavalier
Knight of the Patchwork Banner Cavalier

They are all high tier 4, similar to how a vigilante is high tier 4."

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
>this is the link to DHB's stuff, he said the pastebin one was old.
>>
>>51152234

Haha, what the fuck?
>>
>>51152191
The Polymath and Warpath are archetypes that go onto Investigator/Alchemist/Inquisitor/Warpriest. What they do is give you 1 less extract/spell slot per day in exchange for 6 level initiating.
>>
>>51152191
Jesus.
So now those classes will just be better than everyone at everything?

Broken blade sacred fist warpreist....
Jeuss.
>>
File: Birb GET OUT.jpg (219KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Birb GET OUT.jpg
219KB, 1280x853px
>>51152257
>>51152279
>not mentioning how it also makes you give up other features in addition to just "1 less slot/spell level a day"

Sure, it's usually minor abilities that you would have swapped away anyway, but it's still something
>>
>>51152252
No yeah I agree that tier 2 fighter seems really odd. Not sure I agree.
>>
>>51152310
What is the point of being a fighter if you just use magic items to kill things all day?
>>
>>51152307
>>51152279
>>51152257
Do keep in mind that they also pretty much can't stack with ANYTHING. Warpriests are fucked, Inquisitors can rarely get something atop it, and Alchemists are almost always stuck with being a Vivisectionist (not necessarily a negative, but it does mean you don't get ranged capabilities like bombs offer).
>>
>>51152307
For alchemist it is:
>The alchemist gives up the poison resistance, poison use, and poison immunity class features.

For investigator it is:
>The investigator gives up the poison lore, poison resistance, and poison immunity class features.

These aren't worth mentioning losing.

For warpriest/inquisitor the loses are significant.
>>
>>51150722
Congrats, all!
>>
>>51152354
It is when it locks them out of many, many archetypes.
>>
>>51152234
>>this is the link to DHB's stuff
Bloody finally, I've been looking for that

>>51152339
>What is the point of being a fighter if you just use magic items to kill things all day?
Isn't that what Fighters already do after 5th level?
>>
>>51152141
>Now, the new Armorist will now be unlimited in his selection of armor and weapon qualities (with a gameplay caveat, but a minor one), and will also be given the ability to spend spell points to actively apply qualities to his weapons and armor.

Isn't there an arsenal trick like that in the equipment book?
>>
>>51152339
I think it's kind of neat, spellcasting without spell slots. It's unique.
>>
>>51152385
Should have been for the rogue.
I mean it's clever, but strange for a fighter type. UMD was rogue only originally.
>>
File: sexy queen.jpg (780KB, 998x1425px) Image search: [Google]
sexy queen.jpg
780KB, 998x1425px
>>51152385
If you think that's cool, you should check out the mage I wrote who did the same thing, a class called the Eternal Mage which doesn't have spell slots but still gets 9th level casting.
>>
>>51152420
That looks really uncomfortable!
>>
>>51152354
>the alchemist/investigator can now no longer trade those worthless abilities for anything actually useful
>abilities which any person with half a brain would likely be trading away anyway for stuff that's way more fun and useful

Nobody plays a stock Investigator when Empiricist exists, or the multitude of other archetypes. Not unless you're SPECIFICALLY going for a poison build, which is rare as fuck. Alchemist is a little more iffy, since they're pretty janky to reconstruct and build, but there's literally no reason NOT to at least slap Grenadier or something on there for a bomber, or any of the other dozen archetypes.
>>
>>51152420

>tfw no sharp-tongued, huge chested witch applicant for RotJR
>>
>>51152420
Who made that clothing jesus christ.
>>
>>51151965
Something's come up and will be likely occupying my time for the next few hours and I'm on my way out the door. Sorry anon, I'll give you a review when I get back from the hospital. It's nothing too serious, mostly precautionary.
>>
>>51152441
It's not about comfort anon, it's about opulence.
>>
>>51152122
theoraclelaughs.jpg
>>
>>51152371
What archetype were you gonna use anyway?

>>51152375
The Warmaster archetype is really cool.

It can give all his allies:
>3 teamwork feats
>an advanced weapon training
>an advanced armor training

or

>a teamwork feat
>a combat feat (without need prereqs)

The combat feat is the coolest bit because that means he can use the Advanced Weapon Training feat to give a Item Mastery Feat which teaches everyone how to fly for an hour.
>>
>>51152441
It's for beating people to death with, anon, not for your perverted ideas.
>>
>>51152476
But it doesn't have any gemstones, and it barely has any fur! That's hardly opulent!
>>
>>51152446
>>the alchemist/investigator can now no longer trade those worthless abilities for anything actually useful
They already did though. They traded them for initiation.
>>
>>51152501
It's a lot easier to beat people to death when you can breath!
>>
>>51152476
Generally having ill fitting clothing is a sign of being poor.
>>
>>51152479
>>51152512
Then there you go. An investigator now no longer gets to choose to have Int-to-everything for skills, and an alchemist can no longer just have the ability to throw summons at his problems or have a fuckton of monster abilities when he mutagens, among a multitude of other possibilities.
>>
>>51152506

Speaking of clothes, I can't wait to get a chance to spend an entire paragraph describing an outfit my character wears!
>>
>>51152463
Well, get checked out and don't let them give you unnecessary scans.
>>
>>51152567
It's okay, they can just do 150 damage instead.
>>
>>51152528
Tell that to French Royals
>>
>>51152420
Tsk, did you save this from when I posted it yesterday and changed the name? How dare you not credit the artist.
>>
>>51152479
Here is an example of what the Fighter can do with this:

>a teamwork feat
Shake it Off
>a combat feat (without need prereqs)
Advanced Armor Training -> Iron Constitution
Armored Bravery
Favored maneuver (which gives a +4 to come combat maneuver & the improved feat)

Which means he can can give out huge bonuses to saves and cool stuff to do in combat.
>>
File: Capture.png (127KB, 1726x856px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
127KB, 1726x856px
>>51152586
That's not even that impressive?
>>
File: Sad Harley.jpg (8KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Harley.jpg
8KB, 236x177px
>>51152618
I did, it was a good picture, I really should edit the file name.

Shame on me.

Also a lesson to me to make sure to use a less bombastic picture when promoting old jank I've written.
>>
>>51152655
At level 5?
>>
>>51152669
...no? This is level 12. You can't do 150 damage at level 5. I mean maybe, but not in a "you aren't obviously breaking the rules over your dick" method.
>>
>>51152660
I'll forgive you. This once.
>>
File: BaitILost.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitILost.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>51152586
>this shit again
>always building for MAXIMUM DAMAGE
>caring about that 150 a round when the average Beastmorph/Vivesectionist alchemist would probably be doing that anyway

Why do I even bother with you.
For the record, I'm not that big on PoW myself, but that's more being tired of hearing about it from both sides, as well as not enjoying most of the classes.
>>
>>51152479
>>51152234
His archetypes are really interesting stuff.

The Warmaster/Mysterious Stranger/House Master/Wyvern Rider are all super cool.

The Mysterious Stranger is especially cool. It lets you wear a spooky mask and colorful cloak and turn into a torrent of evil shadows.
>>
>>51152683
That's what the path of war character is doing, apparently,
>>
>>51152384
I just checked the playtest, and its called Adaptive Arsenal. Sadly, since I'm reworking how Armorist gets his weapon and armor qualities, this won't really work.
>>
>>51152586
>It's a "I didn't read the previous thread where that was debunked" episode

More importantly, you're an ALCHEMIST, not a Warder. You don't have full-BAB, you don't have 3rd-level maneuvers until much later in your career, and you don't get access to all of the disciplines you need for the high-damage even WITH trading out everything.
>>
>>51152688
As shown by my math, 150 damage a round is actually hard to do. If you can do something even close as a alchemist please buildpost.
>>
>>51152683
Steel Flurry Strike, Primal Warrior Stance, Reflected Blade Style. It's not actually 150 damage, it's closer to 40.
>>51152688
It was a joke.
>>
>>51151770
Alright, Anon.

For Mythic Spellcasting, I took Mythic Spell Lore because really one mythic spell per tier is all you really need. You can do more (and I'm considering it later) but eh...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1038362

My character's sheet, roughly. It's an IRL game so it's all physical and I converted to Myth-weavers when I was bored but not all of it.
>>
>>51152724
>"I was just PRETENDING to be retarded~!"
>>
>>51152687

Cold hard metal rubbing against your likely huge nipples sounds really painful!
>>
>>51152683
A very specific build was successfully shown yesterday to be able to pull it off, but it was in no way the ease and reliability the meme speaks of.

Effectively, every OTHER turn, and if everything hits (on roughly 60% accuracy per swing), you could do about 155.

But it required a race with powerful build, the right class, a 2dx weapon brought up to large, and the right mix of broken blade and primal fury.

No rules were broken, but one trick pony doesn't even begin to describe it, and the actual DPR is abysmal.
>>
>>51152754
Somehow I doubt a STR based half-giant initiator has bad DPR, even when not twinked to hell.
>>
File: 908dc3b1c00893ebf4938fc03c439172.jpg (645KB, 895x1600px) Image search: [Google]
908dc3b1c00893ebf4938fc03c439172.jpg
645KB, 895x1600px
>>51152742
Sounds hot to me.
>>
>>51152742
gotta break out the Vaseline
>>
>>51152687
>>
>>51152692
For instance, stuff from his Mysterious Stranger I actually played a mysterious stranger in a game for a short while, it was cool.
>Coal (Su): The Mysterious Stranger is one that appears and disappears at a moment’s notice, sinking into the shadows. If the Mysterious Stranger stands still in an area of dim light or darker while in the persona of The Stranger for at least one round he becomes invisible. From this invisible state he may only take two actions, move and whisper, any others will break the invisibility. Moving he may jump between pools of shadow up to 20ft apart as a move action or move at up to half speed. The distance he may jump increases by 10ft at 7th level and every 4 levels thereafter to a maximum of 60ft at 19th level. He must make stealth checks as normal while moving. If the Mysterious Stranger Whispers he is able to recreate the spell Sow Thoughts, using his charisma modifier to determine the saving DC, except the duration is instantaneous rather than permanent. If at any point the Stranger is exposed to any light above dim he becomes visible again. The Mysterious Stranger may stay invisible in this way for up to ten minutes per level per day, these ten minutes increments need not be consecutive.
>>
>>51152771
60-70% chance to hit, dealing roughly 45 damage per swing on the average (assuming no crits), every two rounds (one to do your trick, one to refresh everything instead of doing something cool). When you add that all together, your Damage Per Round is... terrible, especially when you could have just full-attacked, played a Barbarian with Pounce, or even done ANY OTHER MANEUVER since it'd have more accuracy, rider effects, and/or increased damage per-hit (while having less total hits).
>>
>tfw you wanted to make a vigilante but your GM expressly forbade another player from doing so
>>
>>51152816
>Update
I mean, assuming he does nothing BUT that yeah. But you're still a fucking half giant initiator so you'll still be hitting hard as hell, even with out flurry striking. The Primal Steel Reflection Flurry is basically just an alpha strike.
>>
Can I cast Mage Armor on myself and then an ally as well so we both have +4 AC?
>>
>>51152792

It hurts! It hurts!
>>
>>51152803
Looks like I'm art-posting again.
>>
>>51152771
It doesn't have to, but if you want to pull off that 150 damage trick, you're tanking it but hard.

Kinda comes from the combination of power-attack -2 and an extra -2 from steel flurry strike: you get 3 attacks and can do it as a standard, but if you're recharging it the round after like "but muh 150 at a time" anon was claiming you're literally spending a round recovering the strike and boost combo.

So, that would already drag it down to 75, but then we take crits and actual accuracy into account, and the result dips below 50.
>>
>>51152850
For what purpose would he forbid it without being an utter faggot about his reasoning?
>>
>>51152857
You would need to cast it twice, but I don't see why not.
>>
>>51152880
And it doesn't do shit for people already wearing armor, right?
>>
>>51152872
I forbid one of my players from doing so because I knew he would be an asshat about it. I like the guy but it's the same reason I banned him from playing Summoners and anything with multiple personalities. It never ends well.

Otherwise he can be pretty ok.
>>
>>51152872
It doesn't fit the campaign?
>>
>>51152897
Not unless their armor bonus is less than +4.
>>
>>51152736
Yeah, I think I'm inclined to agree that one spell per tier is probably all that will be needed, especially if you have Mythic Paragon to tack an extra two Mythic spells on (which I plan to take since it also advances some of my other stuff). I might end up grabbing it a second time, but only if I don't have something else to take, which seems unlikely given all the swanky options for Path abilities and Mythic feats. That's part of why I want to be very careful about which Mythic spells I do pick.

Unless I'm missing something though, I don't see any indication or listing of which spells you've got the Mythic versions of. Which ones have you picked up in that game? Have any of them turned out to be less useful or powerful in practice than in theory?
>>
>>51152857
Yes. Just remember that it doesn't stack with regular armor.
>>
>>51152897
That too. It's really dank for the monk though, you're monk will fucking love you though.
>>
>>51152897
It does not stack with other Armor Bonuses. It does however protect against Incorporeals while normal armor does not.
>>
>>51152872
He said it was "too complicated".
>>
>>51152897
Yes. That's because they are both an "armor" bonus.

Bonus stacking is weird. After having an armor bonus you can add to it by giving like an enhancement bonus to your armor bonus. Just because you have an enhancement to armor that ups your AC does not mean you can't also have an enhancement yo your shield bonus to also add to AC. This is because AC is a derived statistic from a bunch of static bonus numbers (shield, armor, natural armor, etc.).
>>
>>51152897
>And it doesn't do shit for people already wearing armor, right?
It's useful if you suddenly start running into incorporeal creatures.
>>
>>51152909
Does he happen to get into loud and nearly violent arguments OOC with himself about what to do especially when their actions clash in combat?

Is he maybe a french vermonter named Henri?
>>
>>51152925
stacks with natural armor, right?
>>
>>51152982
Yes.
>>
>>51152867

I think I saw the previous picture of this, with more of her clothes on.
>>
>>51152869
at level 5 what kinda stuff has 150 HP?

In my Iron Gods campaign the party Warlord didn't do 150 damage, but he was one shotting everything till the last set of bosses in book 2.
>>
>>51152923
Ah, you are correct. I forgot to list the spells I have mythic versions of.

Currently:
Enlarge Person
Fireball
Black Tentacles
Cloudkill
Disintegrate

I haven't really gotten to use Cloudkill yet as the enemies in Wrath of the Righteous are all demons but next tier I can augment it to work against creatures immune to poison. Fireball is fireball. Black Tentacles works even better and does a bit more damage. Disintegrate haven't used much cause I just got it. Enlarge Person was for use on our Bloodrager when he ran out, but now he's not running out as often so I rarely use it.
>>
>>51152909
>>51152912
>Multiple Personalities
>doesn't fit the campaign

You can literally throw out Dual Identity entirely and the class still works perfectly fine. If you use 3pp then there's an archetype specifically to do this, but it isn't even necessary.

>>51152942
>"too complicated"
>a "build a class" based off a talent list is "too complicated"

this is neither a Synthesist summoner nor rocket science
>>
My party is about to go to a festival and am gonna have fair games going on, I have a few made but I need more ideas. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51153005
How horrible.
>>
>>51153018
Enemies in an 8 player campaign maybe.
>>
>>51152993
Bracers of Defense? that's deflection, right?
>>
>>51153027
Good to know. I was already strongly considering Fireball and Black Tentacles. Are you the party's only Mythic caster?
>>
>>51153068
Ring of Deflection is deflection. Bracers of Armor is an armor bonus.
>>
>>51153052

>Long braids

Oh gosh.
>>
>>51153028
If you have to throw out an entire fucking class feature, it's probably a poor fit.

I like Legendary Vigilante Stuff, but lets not pretend for a second that the Vigilante basically doesn't become Rogue+++ or some other Tier 3/4 class with that on the table.
>>
How to improve this character?

Slayer with VMC rogue, savage critical, vital strike
>>
>>51152982
Basically other than circumstance and dodge, bonuses don't stack.
But different bonuses do.

So your AC can gain Armour: It doesn't gain enhancement; enhancement is actually a special bonus-bonus: Enhancement increases the bonus value it's enhancing.

So you can have Armour, whose Enhancement Bonus actually increases the Armour bonus to AC.

You can have a Shield, whose enhancement bonus actually increases the Shield bonus to AC.

You can have Natural Armour - and there's enhancement bonuses you can get for that one too.

To this you can then stack Dodge, Insight, Luck and Deflection - these are the usual possible extras.

Remember this when optimizing: with near-exponential cost increases, you can get a lot more out of multiple lower bonuses than a big one: The cleanest example being that a +7 Shield and +7 Armour are cheaper than a single +10 of either.
>>
>>51153018
That's pretty much our point: While it's theoretically possible, in practice it's utter crap, AND even if it did work every time (still bad DPR) it's just overkill on one guy and significantly below killing-par for what your job entails.

To quote my favorite game:
>Firepower was blindly pursued, and handling is terrible. Only a few people even know it exists.
>>
>>51153093
fuck
>>
>>51153101
>step 1: don't use vital strike
>step 2: you're done
>>
>>51153087
Nope, we also have a Life Oracle. He took Flexible Counterspell which is broken AF. Basically protects us and heals us. Ridiculous.

The party is:
Wizard | Archmage
Celestial Bloodrager | Champion
Paladin | Guardian
Life Oracle | Hierophant
Rogue | Trickster

Oracle primarily takes Cure spells as mythic though. As well as Mythic Blessing of Fervor
>>
>>51153052
>>
Actually, speaking of the dumb DPR olympics and shit, what /is/ a good "average" DPR for a martial at various levels? I feel like I might have sold Jolly's Mercurial Duelist short in hindsight, though Iaijutsu Slash is still weaker than a full attack.

Though I imagine 4d6+24 a turn without critting at level 7 isn't particularly amazing. I think a test build I had for level 10-12 was pulling 70 standard, 90+ on crits while rolling twice for every attack roll.
>>
>>
Toast in the new bread!

>>51153205
>>51153205
>>51153205
>>51153205
>>
>>51153097
Anon, you can throw it out because it's not a necessary unless you make it a part of the game. It's a cool thing that doesn't make or break the effectiveness of the class, because the class is super flexible and can be built how the player wants. Banning it because it CAN have a dual identity is fucking moronic, because the rest of the class is some of the best design to come out of paizo in years.

>bitching about something being a better rogue than the Rogue
Slayer and Vivesectionist Alchemist already existed

>Jolly stuff making it Rogue+++
Fair enough
>some other Tier 3/4 class
and this is somehow a problem?
>>
>>51153018
Not 100% related, but I personally started bumping enemy HP up an absolute fuckton (200ish for boss enemies at level 4, smaller enemies up to 50), made them resistant to hard crowd control (i.e. Witch's Slumber only gives a - to attack and AC on boss enemies) but reduced their damage by a very fair amount so there is no need to rocket-tag the enemy into oblivion.

Am I a terrible DM?
>>
>>51153104
So, I have 1500 gold to get my AC higher. I have 4 armor from mage armor, 4 armor from natural armor, 14 dex for a plus 2

Suggestions? I'm fighting with a Greatsword, so no shields for me
>>
>>51153240
Not a problem, but I can see someone banning vigilante when the only way Vigilante is appropriate is not making it a Vigilante through the use of third party products.

I personally wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't call it moronic either.
>>
File: tumblr_ntcxjhhNz71qb6fr7o1_1280.jpg (523KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntcxjhhNz71qb6fr7o1_1280.jpg
523KB, 1280x1920px
Paraphrased, for the record.

>Texting friend about Pathfinder.
>Friend is a borderline power munchkin.
>Hero Lab, third party shit, the works.
>Made a golem made of glaucite capable of deploying a net gun, at-will eye lasers, a built-in sarcophagus with a swarm of burning monkeys inside, a command bunker for four people to fit in, and fly/swim/burrow/some fourth thing 40 ft, at level four.
>Amongst other faggotry.
>And actually got the DM to allow it.
>Use Hero Lab as well, but mostly for convenience.
>Don't outright try to job the game.
>Sudden string of texts.
>"Holy shit dude, I think I figured out a way to get fast healin 6 at level one."
>Intrigued.
>inquire, get another text.
>"Oh fuck, I think I can get it to 14 at level four."
>Before I answer, another text.
>"If I take elf and another feat, I can crank it up to 28, but I'll have to be stationary."
>I text back, finally.
>"Explain how."
>"You have everything I have on Hero Lab, you can find this out too."

Like, fuck is the point of even bringing this up if you're going to just cockblock me like this?
>>
>>51153254
What level are you?

What armor are you wearing?
>>
>>51153206
For normal "comfortable" but not truly optimized gaming, check the mean HP here for CR 2 below you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E2-s8weiulPoBQjdI05LBzOUToyoZIdSsLKxHAvf8F8/edit#gid=3

You should be able to one-round CR-2's mean with your DPR.

For well optimized characters in 'hardmode' campaigns like gestalts, you need to be able to handle either a small handful like that, OR at least take out a single =CR to you's average HP.

This is averaged, after all: missing happens, buffs/debuffs/resistances/cover/etc happen, and so on after all.
>>
>>51153325
3, mage armor (synthesist summoner)
>>
>>51153248
Well I considered doing similar so my Path of War party could actually experience a challenge.
>>
>>51153357
Time to ram your bum into some armor. Your proficient in light armor. You have enough cash to afford a +1 chain shirt. Also it means you don't need to waste a lot of mage armor.
>>
>>51153316
>through the use of third party products

but you don't NEED those products to make it work for any game. Just saying "Okay, you only get one identity, but your features work fine otherwise" and the class can work perfectly fine. It has PLENTY of cool options that don't hinge on having a dual identity in order to function, and cockblocking a player from that because of a tacked on fluff-centric ability is asinine.
>>
>>51153254
with 1500 gold your options are basically nonexistant. A +1 deflection would be 2k, and +1 magic armor would be the option if you don't mind dropping mage armor (it'll have to be at least 4 base to be worth it before the magic upgrade).

If you're going to spend that 1k, consider an "of resistance" (there's like cloaks, vests and corsets or the like) item, for +1 to all saves instead.

Always remember that over-focusing on one defense will quickly leave you dangerously vulnerable to other attack vectors: touch attacks almost always ignore armor and shields for example (a ghost trying to whack you WILL have to deal with them if they're ghost-touch though), and things fired off against your saving throws rarely include an attack roll (and if they do it's touch). Deflection, luck, insight and dodge work against touch stuff though, but they're not cheap.

Shore up your other defenses at low cost; it'll give you more mileage than trying to eeke out another last +1 AC.
>>
File: 1479474716567.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479474716567.gif
1MB, 400x225px
What does ectoplasm look like? Is it a slime that an Aegis just keeps around, do they Kamen Rider their armor out of thin air and you can't normally see it? Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>51153452
Think of it as a form of amorphous energy that the Aegis pulls into existence, then shapes as he does so.
While it could be slime-like when pulled out, until it takes a corporeal form it does not have any shape or mass at all

So the shapes it makes while manifesting are entirely up to the player making the character
>>
File: spooky.jpg (29KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
29KB, 500x379px
>>51153452
Well, technically it can be whatever; it's usually faintly visible but doesn't have to be.

Many - especially when using the skin-form - will portray it as a thin forcefield.
>>
>>51153176
Funny, I was considering a Life Oracle too at one point.

The Mythic versions of the Cure spells only seemed worth having because of the free ability score damage healing (not to say that isn't good enough to justify taking them but I dunno if I would have taken more than one of them as Mythic). Mythic Blessing of Fervor is sweet but strikes me as inferior to Mythic Haste and not worth having when someone else can cast the latter. I'll definitely be talking with the other Mythic casters in my party, since I feel we should coordinate on our Mythic spell choices.

At low levels, I think the most attractive Mythic spells on the arcane list are probably the Protection from Alignment spells, Enlarge Person, Web, and Color Spray. For divine casters, the best choices look like the Protection from Alignment spells (again), Murderous Command, and Bless. Special mention goes to Mythic Color Spray on a Heavens Oracle with Awesome Display, where I'm pretty sure you could literally keep using Mythic Color Spray for the entire game.
>>
Is Bladecaster still too disappointing to make use of these days?
Thread posts: 422
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.