[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 151

File: Magic Primer.png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer.png
2MB, 1401x1800px
OP completed the first draft of his custom set edition! (Post WIP card sets and give others feedback about their projects, etc.)

To make cards online, register for free here:
https://mtg.design/
or download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>51121691
>>
File: 1of4.jpg (5MB, 3000x4184px) Image search: [Google]
1of4.jpg
5MB, 3000x4184px
Last thread died before I could finish up my reply.
>>
File: 2of4.jpg (5MB, 3000x4184px) Image search: [Google]
2of4.jpg
5MB, 3000x4184px
>>51147478
>>
File: 3of4.jpg (5MB, 3000x4184px) Image search: [Google]
3of4.jpg
5MB, 3000x4184px
>>51147478
>>51147502
>>
File: 4of4.jpg (5MB, 3000x4184px) Image search: [Google]
4of4.jpg
5MB, 3000x4184px
>>51147478
>>51147502
>>51147526

I think this is the single most ambitious project I've ever undertake and even though I'm nowhere near finished, I'm quite glad I made it this far.
>>
File: Starfires.jpg (883KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Starfires.jpg
883KB, 1875x1046px
Choosing art for Starfire. Top left is the original art. It's a small thing, but I'd really like to pick good art for the finished card. Any and all feedback welcome.

>>51147428
Probably would've been better to wait until later when most people would be out of class. Well, I'll work on giving you feedback. Did you update the ones I already went over?
>>
>>51148131
>Did you update the ones I already went over?

I believe I did. If I missed any, just let me know. I found your feedback really helped with the creative process this last time, and I feel like it helped me tighten up the flavor a bit too.

As for Starfire, I want to say the original art is the best.

>Second just looks too toony
>Third looks like bad CGI and has too much of an emphasis on skin to be tasteful
>Four is solid, but I don't like it as much as the original
>Five is too busy, it distracts from the rest of the card and is kind of hard to pick out what's happening besides it being an action shot
>Six, eight, and ten are the next best things to me. If you changed the art, I'd say go with one of these.
>Seven and nine just feel... too sideways, I guess? Nine is much worse with it, but it draws your eye in a weird way.
>>
File: Basil Karlo Clayface3.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Basil Karlo Clayface3.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51147478
Any cards I don't comment on seem just fine from my opinion, OR they're the same cards I commented on before, in which case my earlier feedback still applies.

>CA07
I think the effect is interesting, but I wouldn't put it at common. I think the body should be a bit worse as well. Maybe 4/3?

>CB01
I don't understand the +1/-1 effect. I think this is just a flavor mismatch.

>CB04
Why Menace as well? I think the pump is good enough. Anyway, for ability words like Landfall and Threshold, you should italicize the word.

>CB05
I don't understand the flavor. Anyway, maybe change it to something like
>Target player sacrifices two creatures and/or planeswalkers.
Or something.

>CB07
Not Black. If you want Black to play with an opponent's cards, steal them from the library, graveyard, or hand.

>CB08
Still not liking how Salvage affects exile.

>CB09
>At the beginning of your upkeep, up to one target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
Still feels really odd, like there's too much going on.

>CB11
Why "as"? Just make it an ETB ability. And use
>You draw and card and you lose 1 life
Also, not sure about making this common either.

>CB13
You forgot to denote this as a reprint. Gotta say though, always like seeing this card again.

>CG01
So is Flashback only showing up in certain colors this time? Feels really strange if that's the case.

>CG03
OK, maybe I'm just dumb, but I feel like it would be easier to give you feedback and what you're using in this set if you just lay it all out for me. What colors get what keywords, how are you using hybrid mana, any subthemes present, etc.

>CG04
Hmm, better, but yeah, ETB effects on enchantments still feels strange. If you want, you could always try making basically an altered version of Dash to work for enchantments. But if you do, just tell me and I will give you proper wording to use. Trust me, let me do the wording for you.

>CG05
OK, "color" or "type" use one, not both.
>>
File: Amazon Reinforcements.jpg (65KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Reinforcements.jpg
65KB, 375x523px
>>51147478
>>51148502
>CG06
Why doesn't this use Unveil? I also still don't understand why you keep giving common creatures both downsides and upsides. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this level, aren't they basically just supposed to be more mana efficient, thus having the downside to balance them out?

>CG07
The Harmony effect feels just so tacked on.

>CG08
Why just Flashback? Why not just any card from your graveyard, to make it more flexible? And why Menace?

>Frankly, I don't think this effect should be at common. Maybe make a slightly worse version of Crop Rotation that allows you to sac a creature or land. And you messed up how Flashback uses non-mana costs. Not that I really think saccing a creature to Flashback as well is a good choice.

>CG12
I'm actually not sure if the Harmony effect would actually be able to work. Also, "predate" doesn't work because that word means "exist or occur at a date earlier than (something).".

>CG13
Why Menace? Why Scry?

>CG14
>CG15
Not sure about these at common.

>CM03
Still doesn't feel GW. Maybe make it a glorified Pacifism? Like
>Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, you may search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Or something.

>CM07
Oh cool. I'd like to see how this performs.

>CM13
"into play" I know that you know this is wrong. I'm just wondering how it got onto one of your cards in the first place.

>CM14
Weird card draw ability, not really buying it in RG.

>CM15
>~ costs 1 less to cast for each Mountain and Forest you control.

>CM20
You should just choose one attach ability, I say the last one, and get rid of the other.
>>
File: Komandr Blackfire.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Komandr Blackfire.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>51148329
Thanks. Yeah, I think out of all of the new ones, eight probably has the best composition, but I just don't really like the costume design much for that one. Just no flair at all. I'll probably keep looking.
>>
>>51148502

(1/2)

>it would be easier to give you feedback and what you're using in this set if you just lay it all out for me. What colors get what keywords, how are you using hybrid mana, any subthemes present, etc.

Alright, the basic premise that I went in with was I wanted to explore things that the colors can do, but don't often get to do; White getting counters and affecting spells directly, green caring about instants or non-permanent effects, Red getting to play with straight card advantage and spell fuckery, Black getting stuff that cares about artifacts and noncreature permanents. Blue has enough of the color pie in my opinion, so I didn't feel the need to really explore anything there except on some multi-color cards. From there I decided that I'd heard people complain about the power gaps between commons, uncommons, rares, and mythics so much, that design goal number two was to make every single common feel like it mattered and to not have any card be strictly better than another card. I basically wanted to have the complexity of Time Spiral with a power level close to the Urza's sets. Third design restriction was the mechanics; I wanted each two color combination to have mechanics that very succinctly fit their general flavor together and apart.

W/U got Eureka and Rebound
U/B got Unveil and Delve
B/R got Investigate and Salvage
R/G got Flashback and Evoke
G/W got Harmony and Resonance

Ultimately I feel like some of these are more of a stretch than others and some fit quite well but are hard to balance around. Now that I've completed the muscle of the skeleton I'm going to work on fine-tuning and adjustments.

There is a second, companion set that I have already started working on that focuses on the enemy color pairs and similarly has mechanics for each color pair not already represented. That one is much further behind in development, however.
>>
>>51148502

(2/4)

Onto your feedback:

>I think the effect is interesting, but I wouldn't put it at common. I think the body should be a bit worse as well. Maybe 4/3?
I would like to keep the effect, but I have no qualms about bringing this guy down a notch or two. An earlier version had it exile itself instead of sac, he might go back to that.

>I don't understand the +1/-1 effect. I think this is just a flavor mismatch.
This is one of those where I wanted it to have flexibility over flavor. I'll either change the flavor or make it just -1/-1

>Why Menace as well? I think the pump is good enough. Anyway, for ability words like Landfall and Threshold, you should italicize the word.
Pretty much just because I like Menace. There is Hound of Farbogs from SOI that is very similar I believe, and my general opinion is that Unveil is a little harder to get to do what you want than Delirium is so it being a little better is justified. The lack of italicization is something I have noticed and I will fix here shortly. You'll notice there are a lot that aren't italicized.

>I don't understand the flavor. Anyway, maybe change it to
>>Target player sacrifices two creatures and/or planeswalkers.
Reparations can be made from nearly anything you possess, land, cash, liquid assets, etc. If they're unjust, somebody is basically just stealing from you with the government's authority. Yes, enchantments are a stretch by that logic, but I wanted to give black something that was in flavor that could do it.
I hesitate to mention planeswalkers on a card at common rarity, because as far as I know, that doesn't happen very often if at all.

>Not Black. If you want Black to play with an opponent's cards, steal them from the library, graveyard, or hand.
I have to disagree here, black should certainly be in the colors to occasionally steal things from people, especially if those things are inanimate. I might move the color weight up a/o the CMC, but I'm intent on keeping this for now.
>>
File: Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Curry Aquaman13.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>51147502
>CM22
I didn't understand what this did at first, but I find the effect very interesting. But as for wording, let's try
>Search your library for a creature card with power equal to the chosen creature card's power and a creature card with toughness equal to the chosen creature card's toughness.
Though I think I'd just have it exile the card from the graveyard as an additional cost.

>CM23
Eh, I don't really like this one. Maybe drop Deathtouch.

>CM24
Eh, not really liking Prowess plus another spell-based pump on top of that.

>CM25
Since it's an instant, I'd just make it
>Target creature deals damage equal to its power to each creature blocking or blocked by it.

>CR03
I'm seriously going to need you to explain how you're using hybrid mana in this set.

>CR06
Not sure on rarity or costs, but I really like this one. And great use on Evoke.

>CR07
Eh, feel like this should have better wording.

>CR08
Why does Salvage have a number? I don't even think it should draw more than one card anyway.

>CR09
???

>CR11
>Whenever ~ enters the battlefield, any opponent may have it fight a creature he or she controls. If no player does, draw two cards
Eh, not really feeling it.

>CR12
I'd rather have it only work when its controller taps it for mana. Though I do like seeing Red land denial.

>CU01
Still not liking Eureka.

>CU03
Skulk? You know Skulk is dead, right?

>CU04
Goblin? And why 1/2? I think the effect otherwise is interesting, though.

>CU05
I feel like it should have a slightly higher base cost since the first effect alone is 1U.

>CU06
>Instant and sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.

>CU09
Why not just Scry 2 then draw two?

>CU11
???

>CU13
If it's going to have Rebound, I think it should be at least 1U.

>CW01
Should be uncommon and cost more, going by Kin-Tree Invocation and Miming Slime.

>CW03
Eh, not sure about this. Since it's a White counterspell, I think I'd make it more narrow.

>CW04
Wizards has really cut down on Protection.
>>
>>51148502

(3/5)

>Still not liking how Salvage affects exile.
It's likely going to be changed to just happen from the yard. I thought it over and the exile clause was there specifically because of some earlier design choices that I later scrapped, so why keep such a fuckery of the exile zone around?

>>At the beginning of your upkeep, up to one target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
>Still feels really odd, like there's too much going on.
It's supposed to be a part of a cycle. While I don't agree there's too much going on, persay, I still am not really in love with it. It is likely to be changed at some point so I'm open to suggestions.

>Why "as"? Just make it an ETB ability. And use
>>You draw and card and you lose 1 life
>Also, not sure about making this common either.
Will change the wording. Am open to suggestions as to make this better fit as a common.

>You forgot to denote this as a reprint. Gotta say though, always like seeing this card again.
It's one of my all time flavor faves.

>Hmm, better, but yeah, ETB effects on enchantments still feels strange. If you want, you could always try making basically an altered version of Dash to work for enchantments. But if you do, just tell me and I will give you proper wording to use. Trust me, let me do the wording for you.
I think there's only one or two noncreature permanents with ETB effects used this way, and I'm pretty sure enchantments with ETB effects are totally a thing with precedence. Thank you for the offer though.

>OK, "color" or "type" use one, not both.

Oh shit, yeah. I can't believe I missed the easier wording there.
>>
Continued from >>51149605

(4/5)

>>51148830

>Why doesn't this use Unveil? I also still don't understand why you keep giving common creatures both downsides and upsides. Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this level, aren't they basically just supposed to be more mana efficient, thus having the downside to balance them out?
Unveil is U/B specific. It's a cycle of creature's all supposed to be slightly better versions of the blue common every set gets that's a 6/6 that can't attack unless X. So do you think I should take the downside out, or make them better for the mana?

>The Harmony effect feels just so tacked on.
That's fair. I'm going to keep it as is until I can think of something legitimately better though.

>Why just Flashback? Why not just any card from your graveyard, to make it more flexible? And why Menace?
I could do that. And I like menace. I think menace should be more common. Flavorwise? Imagine a wolf's howl and then an ethereal form charging at you, frothing from the mouth.

>>Frankly, I don't think this effect should be at common. Maybe make a slightly worse version of Crop Rotation that allows you to sac a creature or land. And you messed up how Flashback uses non-mana costs. Not that I really think saccing a creature to Flashback as well is a good choice.
Hmm, fair enough. Thanks for the idea.

>I'm actually not sure if the Harmony effect would actually be able to work. Also, "predate" doesn't work because that word means "exist or occur at a date earlier than (something)."'.
I think the Harmony effect could work if the harmony effect was the only part of the card, like, "Harmony -- If X then one-sided fight, if not then fight."
Thanks for the language catch.

>Why Menace? Why Scry?
I really like Menace I guess. Scry is a small but significant reward for doing something and I had a quota of cards utilizing the mechanics to fill.
>>
Continued from >>51149653

(5/5)

>>51148830

>Not sure about these at common.
How about CG14 as a 2/1? Not sure how to make CG15 weaker without upping the mana cost though and I really wanted the one drop here.

>Still doesn't feel GW. Maybe make it a glorified Pacifism? Like
>>Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, you may search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
White does it just fine when the creature is tapped and at instant speed. There is Eyeblight's Ending and Selesnya Charm which are more aggressive than this. It requires that the creature has done something, it's sorcery speed, a permanent, and it is the card type that G/W cares about the most right behind creatures. I'm just having difficulty seeing where the flavor disconnects between us. (I do like the idea though)

>Oh cool. I'd like to see how this performs.
Thanks, I hope it's a sweet spot, but I won't be able to test for a little while, so we'll just have to wait and see.

>"into play" I know that you know this is wrong. I'm just wondering how it got onto one of your cards in the first place.
Straight up mistake. I was thinking of older cards like Nature's Lore and forgot they changed the wording.

>Weird card draw ability, not really buying it in RG.
I'll agree that it's weird, but Hug and Ravings exists. I'm going off of inclusive design with this one, so we might just agree to disagree for a minute unless I can think of something better.

>>~ costs 1 less to cast for each Mountain and Forest you control.
Thanks for the catch.

>You should just choose one attach ability, I say the last one, and get rid of the other.
But then we come back to the problem where it's no longer really blue flavored...

I'm off to work now, but I'll read your feedback and get back to you with my own comments when I get off. Thanks again for taking the time comment CO-Anon!
>>
>>51149692
>I'm off to work now, but I'll read your feedback and get back to you with my own comments when I get off. Thanks again for taking the time comment CO-Anon!
No problem. Doing some other stuff right now, I will get done with the rest of your cards. I just hope someone else comes in so I don't have to single-handedly keep the thread alive for hours on end.
>>
File: Lina the Slayer.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lina the Slayer.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
any DotArds here?
>>
File: Yurnero the Juggernaut.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yurnero the Juggernaut.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51150164
I was worried this might be too powerful, but orange symbol set fixes everything, right?
>>
File: Ostarion the Wraith King.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ostarion the Wraith King.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
rip bone man
>>
File: Tidehunter.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tidehunter.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51150189
I feel like I should buff this one.
>>
File: Invoker.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51150203
last one, probably making more later
>>
File: Leslie Willis Livewire3.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Leslie Willis Livewire3.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51150164
Me. I've also tried making a few Dota cards, but gave up after a while. I'll give you feedback after I'm done with the other guy.
>>
>>51149950
You wouldn't be alone if so many regulars weren't MIA.
>>
>>51151875
Yeah. And they probably bugged out since the threads were dying. Still can't believe the last one died at 22 posts.
>>
>2017
>STILL no UB evergreen
>>
>>51151932
I don't think that's the entire story but what do I know.
>>
File: Donna Troy of Infinite Earths.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Donna Troy of Infinite Earths.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51149376
>>51147502
>CW05
I'd make it 1/1.

>CW06
Weird name, but it seems OK.

>CW07
I'd fit "or a planeswalker you control" into the first option. And why Scry by itself? I could understand if it were in Blue, but not in White.

>CW08
Again, this feels like a weird use of Scry in White.

>CW11
Ah, I see you forgot to get rid of the first 0 even though you've hit double digits. Anyway, again, I'd make the last ability apply to defending player.

>CW12
I'd throw a "then" into the Harmony bit, probably at the beginning, just to make it clear that the tokens can get counters on them as well.

>MA01
Alright, mythics! ...And the first one is a dud. What am I looking at? And why does it have a Red border if it doesn't have Red in its mana cost? Oh, I get it, you can sac the thing to its own ability, and that's why it copies itself. ...Yeah, dud. Sorry, just doesn't do anything for me.

>MA02
You don't have to say "in addition to its other types". And I'd prefer if it didn't convert your Equipment either. Also a dud. Really, this is just a very cheap, better March of the Machines, and mythics should be more than "Like that other card, but cheaper, therefore mythic."

I'll hit the rest later.
>>
>>51150203
>9 mana
that was supposed to be 6, lol
>>
>>51147502
>>51153723
>MB01
Reminds me a lot of, what's it, Trading Posts? 100% Black though, and a big improvement over the two previous mythic. Hmm, I don't entirely know why, but I want to turn this into a Demon.

>MB02
Ah, see, this is why we have mythic. Remember when I said Black doesn't steal permanents? Well, tie flavor to Demons and make it a mythic and it's fine. Could do with some changes though, I feel like it should be more expensive, buff the creature more, and maybe punish you for not sacking a creature.

>MG01
I like the idea, but it probably needs to be changed, mostly so the creature recursion bit isn't broken in halfact.

>MG02
Unsure about this. Could be oppressive. Maybe have it Fight the creature that enters the battlefield so an opponent could kill it with DTouch? Dunno.

>MM01
Ew, never like having multiple ability words on a card. Not really feeling the abilities, it feels kinda scattered.

>MM02
...Does this have any actual use?

>MM03
Ooh, this seems like fun. Good job! Might need adjustments to cost, but it looks pretty much finished otherwise.

>MM04
Bleh. Just feels kinda dull. I say try doing it without Investigate. And maybe try making him mono-Red.

>MM05
Effect is cool, but I'm not seeing why RG. Maybe GU?
>>
File: Big Barda2.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Big Barda2.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51147502
>>51154660
>MR01
First, exile reduction is something I don't like. Second, Shroud? On mono-Red? WTF? The rest of the card isn't really Red, it's far more Blue, or even Black. And without a clause to say that you can spend mana to cast the exiled cards as though it were mana of any color (or type) you're going to have a lot of problems if your opponent is using different colors from you.

>MR02
A mono-Red Demon? Why? The name sounds like it belongs to a Human or something anyway. The effect is pretty meh though.

>MU01
Another dull mythic, unfortunately. There's just nothing to read into the abilities, just "bluegoodstuff.jpg" Also, even at 6 CMC, that first ability should either be a +1 that draws two cards or a +2 that draws one card. And even then, that's kinda pushing it.

>MU02
Seems like it could be interesting, but I think I'd like to get a better idea of how it'll actually perform.

>MW01
Seems pretty oppressive. Not sure how to fix that other than making it crazy expensive like Iona.

>MW02
Seems pretty good, though I think the -4 should be changed to an ability that costs less loyalty and does something like
>Target creature can't attack or block until your next turn.
But I'm not sure that fits Ajani.

>RA01-05
Oh, come on, none of these should have the colored frames, why did you use them? Anyway, they seem pretty solid, though I feel like RA01 and RA03 would just absolutely crush the others in terms of playability, since I feel like there effects are just so much better than the other three.
>>
File: Blade of Destiny.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blade of Destiny.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie Wonder Girl4.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51147526
>>51155054
>RB01
Not sure about this. Definitely seems like the mana cost should be bigger. And why is the sac for the activated ability not included in the cost? I could see it if it didn't have the tap in its cost as well, like that Goblin cannon or whatever, but it just feels strange here.

>RB02
Oh come on, you haven't seen Toxic Deluge?
>As an additional cost to cast ~, pay X life.
>Search your library for a card with converted mana cost X or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Why "Draconic" and not "Demonic"? Anyway, effect is really cool, unsure on mana cost though. Honestly, I'm tempted to put it at B, but that's probably too good.

>RB03
I just don't get this one.

>RB04
Or this one.

>RG01
Jesus, potential +6/+6 with Vigilance, Indie, and Trample? I feel like this should cost a lot more.

>RG02
Why does it have a pump? Evoke... eh, not sure I'm really feeling it here.

>RG03
Not really sure about the cost on this. And I think the third option should be
>or less from your hand onto the battlefield.

>RG04
No comment.

>RL06
How useful is this ability?

>RM01
Another one that feels like it could be oppressive, though a bit less so than the mono-White mythic. Still, keep an eye on it.

>RM02
Seems pretty cool, though why these keywords to these colors?

>RM03
I might be wrong, but I feel like you could just use the Chromatic Lantern ability.

>RM04
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like pump based on spells should include at least Red or Blue.

>RM05
I don't understand this. Why have the downside of exiling your own thing too? Also, you run into danger of creating an endless loop that ends the game in a draw.

>RM08
Let's use the Tempting Offer wording.
>You gain X life and draw X cards. Each opponent may gain X life and draw X cards. For each opponent who does, you gain 2 life and draw two cards.
Not really sure about it though.

>RM09
I don't like having Skulk on this, other than it being dead. Seems too easy.
>>
File: Tidehunter.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tidehunter.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51150203
>>51154174
Back, and I fixed some stuff
>>
File: Invoker.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51155611
>>51150217
Fixed name capitalization. I should've just used CARDNAME.
>>
File: Harbinger the Outworld Devourer.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harbinger the Outworld Devourer.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51155633
And here's a new one. If there's any way to make it less frigging verbose while still preserving the effect, please let me know.
>>
File: Meepo.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Meepo.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51155652
Did I word this right? I want the copies to keep the "suicide pact" effect, but I want to prevent them from spawning more than one copy per turn.
>>
>>51155633
HE'S NOT AND ELF
If you think about it, probably Human who is old as fuck. #notanElf
>>
>>51155764
There should be a clause that allows you to have more than one meepo on the field at a time despite being legendary.
>>
File: Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boston Brand Deadman3.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>51147526
>>51155522
>RM10
Name sounds cheesy. I believe the ability should read
>When you cast ~, copy it for each instant and sorcery card exiled with its delve ability. You may choose new targets for the copies.
And I feel like the mana cost should be entirely changed to support being able to copy it more than twice.

>RM11
Why three cards?

>RM12
>Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays 3 or sacrifices a creature for each of those creatures.
Not sure about this. Another one that might be too oppressive.

>RM13
Eh, don't really get this one.

>RM14
Why rare? Don't see this being very useful anyway. And why would B pump only toughness?

>RM15
Not sure why it has to trigger on searching. I do like Praetor's Grasp effects though.

>RM17
Vengeful Rebirth? I'd make it more expensive.

>RM18
I really don't like this design. Just feel like more goodstuff, just three nice effects tacked onto one card.

>RM19
Seems cool. Not entirely sure about the pump though.

>RM20
So, you have to practically pay the mana cost of the card to get a temporary copy of it? Not really feeling it.

>RM22
I really don't like seeing a counterspell in these colors.

>RM24
I'd just drop the exile and token bits entirely and just let you recur a creature card whenever it hits a player.

>RM25
???

>RR02
Seems like fun.

>RR03
Not very Red.

>RR04
Eh, not sure. Could be interesting, dunno.

>RU03
I'd make this more expensive.

>RW04
The complaints I had about the WU boardwipe with Rebound also apply here. If you still want to make it a boardwipe, I'd essentially make it a choice between wiping out certain things, thus essentially making it modal and allowing you to choose two options. Like
>Destroy all artifacts, creatures, or enchantments.
Thus allowing a choice of two.

>UA01
Does too much.

>UA03
Eh, clones are pretty much always rare.

>UA04
This looks like it could be pretty interesting.

>UA05
Interesting. Not sure about the draw though.
>>
>>51150164
>>51150180
>>51150189
>>51150203
>>51150217
>>51155611
>>51155633
>>51155652
>>51155764
Do us all a favor and read more Oracle text. Some of these cards are almost painful to read.
>>
>>51155764
'At the beginning of your upkeep if you control less than 4 clone tokens create a 3/3 green Meepo Clone token.

Whenever Meepo or a Meepo clone dies, sacrifice all other Meepo or Meepo clones you control.
>>
>>51156075
That's actually what I tried doing, but I'm not very good at this I guess. Do you have any specific things I need to fix?
>>
File: Meepo.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Meepo.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51156085
Thanks, that sounds a lot better.
also, I gimped up the set symbol
>>51155937
He's got pointy ears, though.
And he was explicitly an elf in WC3, iirc.
>>
File: Rose Wilson Ravager.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rose Wilson Ravager.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51156037
>>51147526
>UB01
???

>UB02
Why can't it exile the original creature?

>UB04
Why does it care about hand size anyway?

>UB05
You only use "whenever" when the effect can happen multiple times using the one card. For example, ETB and LTB effects that only apply to the card itself use "when" not "whenever".

>UB07
Eh, not sure about this.

>UG01
I'd make it cost a bit more.

>>51147547
>UG02
Huh? Why does Green get land tapping?

>UG05
Seems cool.

>UG06
Also cool.

>UL01
Why not just Scry 2?

>UL02-03
Not sure about these effects on lands.

>UL04
Not really RW.

>UM02
I like this.

>UM03
Not liking exile recursion, even less on an uncommon. Last effect seems weird.

>UM05
I'd only put the counters on each other creature, not on the creature itself.

>UM06
Why a combat damage trigger? I mean, I've used it, pic related, but notice that this card hits most creatures before they hit it, thus being able to give damage but not receive it. This card doesn't have it, making the ability kinda odd.

>UM07
Why upkeep and not end step? And why Rebound? Seems like an odd choice.

>UM08
Eh, most flexible hard counters like having at least two Blue mana in the costs.

>UM09
Isn't Pilot a legit type since Kaladesh? Why not use that?

>UM10
Not sure this should be so cheap.

>UM12
Why each opponent discards a card?

>UM13
Ooh, nice, the Distended Mindbender effect. Though I think the wording should be
>Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose from it a nonland card with converted mana cost 3 or less and a card with converted mana cost 4 or greater. Exile those cards.

>UM14
Hmm, interesting.

>UM15
Spellshapers are, generally, supposed to copy a specific card that's already been printed, not just have any effect.

>UM17
>~ can't be countered by spells or abilities.
And why preventing Regen? Regen is dead anyway. I do like the card though.

>UM18
I don't like this effect at uncommon. And why enchantments too? I feel like this would fit way more in UB.
>>
>>51156388
>He's got pointy ears, though.
>And he was explicitly an elf in WC3, iirc.
How can you say this and call yourself a Dota fan? Are you joking? Anyway, as far as creature types go, it's going to be a nightmare because of how vague Dota is with the races of the individual characters. For example, whether or not Kunkka is actually a ghost or something. And what species Templar Assassin is supposed to be, and if Warlock is supposed to be an Oglodi like Axe and Disruptor.
>>
>>51156543
I've got to put something in the creature type, so I go with the closest it'll allow.I don't think anything contradicts that he's an elf . I don't think Meepo is really a Kobold either (even if he was in WC3), he's some sort of unnamed rodent monkey thing. The other closest labels with precedent I could find were goblin, gnome and imp, but I think kobold fit best. Dota 2 has a lot of heros that have unnamed species, it's made it difficult to type a lot of them.
>>
File: Collapse.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Collapse.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51156509
>>51147547
>UM19
Not sure about this one.

>UM20
Or this one.

>UM21
I feel like only the keywords are Green in this.

>UM22
Cool.

>UM23
Another "Why Green?" card.

>UM24
Yeah, I think this one is good.

>UM25
Meh, feels weak.

>UM26
"into play" again? Last ability should probably be
>Discard two cards and sacrifice a land
I think. Seems cool, but I don't think this should be uncommon.

>UM28
Should be
>creatures and/or players.
And I don't think the second ability should actually be a separate ability. Pretty sure it should follow directly after the first and say
>Whenever a creature dealt damage this way dies this turn, draw a card.

>UM29
The effects don't really seem very synergistic.

>UM30
???

>UR01
???

>UR03
Oh shit, I made a card very similar to this a long time ago. Pic related.

>UR05
MTG uses contractions, just say can't. Though it should be
>~ can't be countered by spells or abilities.
It's pretty much an ironclad rule that you have to use this specific wording that says "by spells or abilities" if what you're talking about has targets, since if the targets become illegal targets, the game has to be able to counter it instead. I believe the only exception is Gilded Drake, which is basically used to make sure you can't cheat its effect.

>UR07
Eh, not sure about this.

>UR08
Cool.

>UU02
U to draw two? Seems dangerous.

>UW01
Like the Blue one, seems way too good.

>UW02
Again, why draw by itself on mono-White?

>UW07
I always like seeing more Equipment interaction. Seems pretty cool. Eh, maybe lower power to 2?

>UW08
Feel like this should be rare. I like the idea though.

DONE! Remember, cards I don't mention just look fine to me as they are now.
>>
File: Baleful Progenitor.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Baleful Progenitor.png
267KB, 375x523px
Still fiddling with the life loss on this. Note that it's each upkeep, not just yours.

>>51148131
>Koriand'r
>Coriander
Huh.
Anyway, the original art is the best. The middle art in the top row is the worst thing I've seen all day.

>>51155084
Well, this is a quite strange. It's quite unusual to have two abilities with negative synergy (antisynergy?) on one card. Unless I'm missing something.

>>51155652
Get rid of the ability that removes cards from the exiled creature's controller's library. It's largely pointless and takes up space. Triggered P/T boosts (like +N/+0) should only last until end of turn. You can use "Harbinger" instead of the full name after the first time. Honestly, this entire card is a real mess. It's like you just wrote the whole thing on the fly. I did try to figure out the correct rules text but it became very unwieldy very fast.
Cards based on other IPs generally aren't well received here, especially from novice designers.
>>
File: Tom Tresser Nemesis7.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Tresser Nemesis7.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Last version had FStrike and Hexproof. Another anon said Hexproof combined with the combat effect is scary, so instead this version has Protection from creatures.

>>51157054
>Coriander
Yup. Comics love puns. Oh, and translators dicking around. Basically, there was a writer who asked his friend to translate something, and the friend tricked the writer into making Batman know one of the main characters from Sailor Moon.

>the original art is the best
Damn. I'd really like to replace it. Well, there's a ton of art for her, so I'm sure I'll find a good replacement someday.

Oh shit, just realized I never made a Rick Flagg card. I'll get on that soon.

>Baleful Pregenitor
I like the idea, but this is just begging for Haste.
>>
File: Hexed Plate.png (272KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hexed Plate.png
272KB, 375x523px
>>51156862
This is cute. Maybe too cute? It's definitely not something that would be printed outside of, say Coldsnap, but I admire the concept.

Good work on the feedback, by the way. Credit to thread.

>>51156388
>At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control four or fewer Kobold Spawn creatures, create a legendary 3/3 green Kobold Spawn creature token named Meepo Clone.
>Whenever ~ or a creature named Meepo Clone dies, sacrifice ~ and each creature named Meepo Clone.
>>
File: Suit of Sorrows.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Suit of Sorrows.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Suit of Sorrows. Long story short, magic armor that grants power, but eventually drives the wearer insane.

>>51157230
Eh, not sure about such a big buff when it's so easy to move around after it's on the field. Oh, and art in use. Magebane Armor, which is actually a cool card.

>Collapse
Yeah, made that ages ago. I think I actually made it after another anon brought up the idea of it. I thought it was interesting rules manipulation.

>Good work on the feedback, by the way. Credit to thread.
Thanks. Took forever to get through it all.
>>
>>51157183
This is borderline OP without having protection from creatures anon...
>>
File: Melai of the Still Pool.png (269KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Melai of the Still Pool.png
269KB, 375x523px
>You wanted to play Magic? Fuck you.

>>51157304
Doesn't need to be a rare.
>art in use
fuck
I really want to find some art of fantasy-looking hexagon-pattern armor, because the card is a stupid reference to Hexplate Golem.

>>51157183
I don't like that he can't be blocked. Give it Skulk and tone down the cost? Also, he doesn't need to be blue at all; Worst Fears is monoblack.

Come to think of it, it'd be a better Johnny card if it didn't enable itself at all. You could cost it much more aggressively - even ditch the additional cost on combat damage - and let players find their own ways make sure he hits face. Just a thought.
>>
File: Multicolor Commons in progress 2.jpg (557KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Multicolor Commons in progress 2.jpg
557KB, 1500x1046px
Hey, all. Dropping off my newest batch of multicolored commons. I hate to post and run, but I have to teach bright and early tomorrow and I have a stack of papers to finish grading before bed. I will absolutely check out any feedback you guys have for me tomorrow, though. As always, it's much appreciated.
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot4.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot4.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Deadshot. Watched Suicide Squad again today. The card is supposed to be able to make creatures drop like flies, but of course still be balanced. Not sure what else to do with this right now.

>>51157367
>Doesn't need to be a rare.
What, Suit of Sorrows? Oh, then I'll just add other stuff to it to make it rare. Sorry, but I kinda hate having legendaries below rare.

>Hexplate Golem
Well, maybe call is Hexplate Armor or something? Hmm, in that case, maybe a lower mana cost, but an additional cost requires saccing an artifact or something?

>Melai
Yikes.

>>51157332
>>51157367
>Tom Tresser
Thanks for the feedback! So, it looks like dropping Pro creatures is a good choice. Not using Skulk because it's dead. And that iteration of Tom was UB because, as I said, he had Hexproof before. So, mono-Black? And no keywords? If so, how do you think I should cost it? That is, in a way that doesn't just make it a worse Mindslaver? Honestly, I kinda hate having to compete with already printed cards.
>>
>>51157419
They all look fine, CM13 in particular looks like it could be very interesting in practice. Except, well, CM15... I just don't like it, like at all. It honestly look like one of the least efficient cards I've ever seen. I'm sorry, but this could be the Lightning Diadem of your set.

Damn, there are some Egypt-related cards I still have to make, just remembered that.
>>
How does this sound for an UB evergreen mechanic:
(This creature can't be blocked unless three or more creatures block this combat.)
>>
File: Conformance.png (251KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conformance.png
251KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51157419
UR for scry 1, scry 1 is really weak. Volatile Volition is a bad Opt.

Death Hymn is interesting. Renewed Service is alright.
>>
File: Rachel Roth Raven2.1.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rachel Roth Raven2.1.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51158584
I'm not entirely sure this even works. But even if it does, it certainly doesn't seem very reliable.
>>
File: Intellectual Checkmate.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Intellectual Checkmate.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Would a card like this be playable in modern? Or is it too weak for a deck to consider using?
>>
>>51159486
Literally doesn't work. You can't put cards you don't own into your hand. I have no idea about Modern play, but I'll try giving you approximate wording.
>Put target creature an opponent controls on top of his or her library, then exile the top two cards of that library face down. For as long as those cards remain exiled, you may look at them and play them.
>>
>>51159486
Not functional and yeah a draw 2 and removal spell is insane for 3 mana at instant speed. It would be banned for breaking the game's rules and for being too strong.
>>
File: Catch 22.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Catch 22.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51159594
But it is draws from your opponent deck, meaning they will be less valuable than draws from your deck. A creature + another card you might not even be able to play for three different colored mana is a large enough drawback compared to a typical draw two for three effect.

That said, would a card like this help to make 8rack a more viable modern deck?
>>
>>51158584
>>51159353
It works, actually. You can have "ability lords", as long as those ability lords don't also grant abilities themselves. The card will grok properly because ability-granting effects are applied in Layer 6, early enough for Conformance to catch them (if they were granted by other permanents or temporary effects) in time to apply the P/T bonus in Layer 7.

>>51159486
This is a card that only works in digital TCGs, unfortunately.

Made me think of this, though. Half Totally Lost and half Disperse, although you need a certain Legendary creature to make it the good half.
>>
File: Leovolds Dismissal.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Leovolds Dismissal.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
>>51159811
Helps if I remember my cards.

>>51159805
Isn't 8rack "bad" because it folds to fast aggro top decks (i.e. a fuckton of Modern), not because its hurting for efficient hand control options?
>>
File: Roost Mistress.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roost Mistress.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51159841
Hmmm... maybe that should be "nonland permanent" instead of "creature."

Perhaps also
>Put target nonland permanent on top of its owner's library. Its controller draws a card at the beginning of the next end step.
>>
>>51149156
Whoops, forgot you responded before.

>Alright, the basic premise that I went in with was I wanted to explore things that the colors can do, but don't often get to do
But why make a whole set? You could've just done what I do sometimes and make some one-off cards that do that.

>a power level close to the Urza's sets
You mean, one of the most infamous blocks of all time due to how completely broken some of its cards are? Why would you ever want to repeat that?

>>51149185
No offense, but it's a lot easier to keep track of what we're talking about if we reference the name of the original card, which I will do.

>CA07
I don't think changing it to exile will make a huge difference. My main contention is how it operates before it's used to make a token of an artifact.

>CB01
-1/-1 does sound better.

>CB05
Black deals with enchantments through things like discard and cap effects.

>CB07
It's still not Black. Again, Black CAN steal things, just not permanents. Well, in most cases. As I said with your Black mythic, that really does work.

>>51149605
>CB09
How would I do the cycle? Not sure. For a set, I'd look at what overarching themes and mechanics there were and see if I could design cards to appeal to them, but you don't really have any that span across colors, which is honestly kind of unfortunate.

>>51149653
>CG14
Sure, 2/1 sounds better.

>CG15
I looked up the effect earlier, and I really don't think you can get away with it here.

>CM03
>Eyeblight's Ending
Mono-Black. Are you talking about Mercy Killing? Because that pays back the creature's controller, which fits.

>Selesnya Charm
Power restriction, which fits.

Well, I've never been a big fan of White getting hard removal based on tapping, since you could do that to a mana dork, or tap with another White card like that Kor. I dunno, maybe if the enchanted creature deals combat damage to you, then kill it?

>CM07
Well, be sure to tell us after you test your set.
>>
>>51149692
>>51159969
>CM14
Hug? No idea what that is. As for Ravings, fine, but that's mono-Red and works completely differently. How does that have anything to do with this?
>>
File: Mountain Rager.png (300KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Rager.png
300KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lady Shiva10.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Shiva10.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>51159841
Why not just return the creature to its owner's hand?

>>51159920
Eh. I think it'd be cooler if it were
>At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 1/1 blue and black Bird creature token with flying.
>T: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of Birds you control.
>>
File: Burn Away.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Burn Away.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Dunno, I like using CO art for cards.

>>51160035
Wow, with that art, it looks like it's straight out of Kamigawa. Not really sure if the downside justifies the total effect.
>>
File: Enforced Harmony.jpg (31KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Enforced Harmony.jpg
31KB, 375x523px
>>51160050
>Why not just return the creature to its owner's hand?
The point was a silly combo with Leovold, Emissary of Trest, who prevents opponents from drawing more than one card each turn. If you control him, its Totally Lost, otherwise its Unsummon.

>>51160050
I figured if the birds had power, they'd be better off smacking the opponent rather than milling. Twenty being less than sixty, after all. After I posted it, I thought better and bumped up each bird to mill 2. It is a five drop Millerblossom, after all.
>>
File: Double Down.png (281KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Double Down.png
281KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Virgil Hawkins Static4.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Virgil Hawkins Static4.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
>>51160105
>I figured if the birds had power, they'd be better off smacking the opponent rather than milling.
Well, yeah, which is why I moved the mill ability to the card itself rather than the tokens.

>mill 2
Sounds like a good idea.

>Enforced Harmony
Ugh, fuck. I'm sorry, but after going through that other anon's entire set, I'm fucking sick of seeing super oppressive cards.
>>
>>51160227
Just realized that this doesn't need Blue. Whatever, I'll change it later.
>>
>>51157054
Interesting, though every upkeep is just going to kill you before you can use your demon horde.
>>
>>51160202
Wow, this is so cool.
>>
File: Fragility.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fragility.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51160227
But people love oppressive hate cards! It's why Modern is such a great format! :^)

>>51160227
I think it'd be more interesting if it did one or the other, not both.
>>
File: Lucius Fox2.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Fox2.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>51160324
>I think it'd be more interesting if it did one or the other, not both.
It's a "choose one" option. Or do you mean dropping one of the modes entirely? Well, no contest, I'd have to drop the artifact steal like a rock, it doesn't hold up to damage. Which really sucks too, I'm not really a fan of how every lightning-user I make seems to ping, but I can't think of anything else either.

>Fragility
Eh, a slow kill spell? OK I guess.
>>
>>51151932
It honestly sounds less like you miss them and more like you're resentful.
>>
>>51160402
Not really, I guess just frustrated how the threads keep dying. Let's hope this one lasts overnight. Not holding my breath though.
>>
File: Blood for Blood.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blood for Blood.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51160324
Whoops, this isn't rare. This is like, common. Was originally going to be GB and hit all nonland permanents (at one point all permanents), before I decided that was maybe too much.

>>51160377
Dropping one of the modes entirely. Stealing and untapping artifacts on a prowess trigger seems fairly interesting to me, if there's artifact support in the format, at least.

>>51160419
Sorry /co/anon, my ability to keep threads alive into the wee hours is limited now that I have 9 am classes every day of the week.

>card
There's so much random art of this crazy nun girl that I should just make a card of her.
>>
File: Plucky Interceptor.png (289KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Plucky Interceptor.png
289KB, 375x523px
>>51160323
I combined "Twin Cast" and "Reverberate" and added uncounterability to give it some teeth.

I was considering doing u/r u/r (CMC 2) and just making it a strictly better "Twin Cast" and "Reverberate".

Pic related is my take on an instant creature burn on a stick. I guess I could make it RRR instead, though, but Flash is mostly Blue's thing.
>>
>>51160419
That still really comes of as a form of resentment. Be honest. Or don't. No skin off my dick. There have been 17 posters besides me, and I'm not bumping the thread with these posts. You constantly claim to be "doing it yourself" and toss around your frustrations without considering why they might be gone in the first place. The fact that you often act like you own these threads since you start many of them and post so much might be a place to start looking. Or I could be a crazy person. Also possible. But I say this as an observer, and with the post count/thread mortality rate as of late, do you think I'm completely off base here? What's the only constant you can think of between the threads where you had 50+ posters and now, with so many regulars gone?

Not telling you you're ruining the threads single-handedly; far from. You've been constructive as with many other regulars at many instances in time. But you might give it some thought. Or, disregard this and don't. I'm just some anon, after all.
>>
File: Christopher Chance3.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher Chance3.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>51160539
What are you talking about?
>>
>>51160582
Not bad.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 4, 8, 8, 1, 6, 5 = 32 (6d10)

>>51160755
Thanks. I had the idea a while ago about making a "perfect copy" of another creature, though that idea also including copying counters. I tried to make this card do that too in the previous iterations, but it was incredibly wordy, so I just cut it.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. But here's the challenge sheet before I go. Normally I'd go first, but I'm too tired. I'll still roll to start though, so anyone interested, feel free to use my results. And feel free to just ignore them if they don't get anything good, I know how that is. Well, good night all.
>>
File: Mira Pilgrim of Galaris.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mira Pilgrim of Galaris.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51160454
Turns out she actually has a name. Thanks, Pixiv!
>>
File: MonoLegends.CostAlteration.jpg (370KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
MonoLegends.CostAlteration.jpg
370KB, 1875x523px
Decided to work on a "commanders with alternate costs" theme, while also trying to stick to mono-color this time around. Came up with these five, though I should have probably went to bed instead.

>Driscoll
Probably broken in that his evoke ability is too good and his "better" use is nearly impossible to get or keep. The not-really-lore behind him runs vaguely deep, but here's what you need to know:
>Legendary, god-tier paladin
>The mere inscription of his name can ward off monsters, is essentially a saint
>Is so saintly that it takes a lot to be "worthy" in his eyes
Hence, the huge cost and body, his reason to be Evoked, and the absurd devotion required to get his one-sided wipe. Even just hard-casting him is decently one-sided, though.

>Cymra
Last one to get done, she broke the "cheaper" theme due to me not wanting to do an artifact theme with her (Affinity or Improvise). Ended up as a bit of a jumble, but I feel like she has some major utility. Early anti-anti-land, followed by a way to get more board presence in a spellslinger deck still quite early, followed by a huge Awaken jolt to get the engine moving faster.

>Flynne
I don't know if she's broken or not, intended to be decent voltron with a strange catch. I almost certainly need to raise her cost for Delve alone, I forgot to do that in this version- especially since, if I remember correctly, you can go over the actual cost with Delve.

>Kyo and Sai
First and best. Wants to pilot a super-aggro Red spellslinger deck with all low-cost spells that can run people over with dragon tokens and homoeroticism. Might be a little pushed.

>Ianna
Probably broken. Supposed to be the most adorable helm to green stompy decks, and enable them to stomp harder than ever before. Since they're all intended as commanders, it might really not work to give her 1GGG, since any monocolor deck can hit that easy. I realized only halfway through developing her that Convoke can produce G...

Gonna sleep now.
>>
>>51160955
Interesting card. I feel like I'd run her as a commander, if only because I like the idea of a 8.5-tails diagonally-upgrade. Not having to keep mana open is a great exchange for the potential life loss, I think.

Almost feels WB, but doesn't breach that line as-is. I like it.
>>
>>51160955
Second ability should regenerate, as it doesn't save a creature from damage.
>>
File: 265353.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
265353.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>51161048
She was actually originally WB and I didn't feel she was black enough mechanically. Most of the cards I've designed that feature her are WB "life gain/loss matters", because she tends to be covered in blood for whatever reason. I'll never really know because all the lore for her is in moon runes.

>>51161073
That's what the first one is for. And regenerate is dead.
>>
File: Gray Eternal Grand Master.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gray Eternal Grand Master.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>card
Its Super Skullbriar! Also Totally-Not-Mordecai if anyone plays Shadowverse.

>>51161014
>Driscoll
Twenty devotion is absolutely insane. That's like, fifteen nonland permanents. Maybe ten? Also, the way intervening if clauses are structured means this has to be phrased slightly differently.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, exile all nonland permanents you don't control if your devotion to white is [number] or greater. Otherwise, choose up to one creature you control and sacrifice/destroy the rest. You must choose @ if able.

>Cymra
Unfortunately, due to how Awaken is worded, you can't give permanent spells Awaken. Also, the third ability might be better like Noyan Dar's, as a trigger:
>Spell mastery -- Whenever you cast a spell, if there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target land you control. If you do, that land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land.

>Flynne
This card sucks. Its so much jank for so little payoff. I have to cast her multiple times, sac a bunch of my Swamps, and then have her die so I can delve them away. All to make her a... slightly above curve beater? I'd just restart from fresh for this one.

>Shirtless bros
Holy shit this ability is bonkers. Its bad enough that they're a 4/4 Prowess Haste on turn 4 if you've got a 1 mana spell (turn 3 off of Gut Shot, secret tech!). It sort of sucks that they're mono red because UR storm would be hilarious with these guys. I'd drop those dragons to be 3/3s or something, without trample. Also, you can bake the exile trigger into the ability, like Feldon and Kiki-Jiki.
>Create a ... with flying and haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Also, interestingly, the first spell you cast can be a creature, as long as the second and further are noncreatures, and you'll still get dragons.
>>
>>51161322
>>51161014
Continued, because I just barely passed 2000 characters.

>Ianna
Consider Dictate of Heliod and similar cards, in that "double lords" cost four or five, minimum. And counters are typically better than a lord, because they're harder to interact with. Being green card advantage is crazy enough. Cut the last ability.
>>
>>51161322
Nowhere as interesting as skullbriar.
>>
File: Disapait Purpose.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Disapait Purpose.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51161083
This could be BB honestly, or just WB. 3 mana seems like a lot for a really inconsitent heal spell. If it make a 2/2 BW cleric as well maybe it would be fine at 3 mana.
>>
>>51161403
>Devoid and devoid frame
>on a colorless card with colorless costs

Still Blood Moon 2.0 might be interesting.
>>
File: The Jesters Toll.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Jesters Toll.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51161463
A friend mentioned there was something wrong with it.
>>
File: Gray Eternal Grand Master.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gray Eternal Grand Master.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51161403
"Wastes" has no rules meaning. You have to spell it out explicitly, a la Imprisoned in the Moon.

>>51161368
Figured as much. The goal was "Every time it dies it comes back with an additional +1/+1 counter" but Magic hates effects that persist across zones like that, so the only way to make it work was to rip off Skullbriar, and anything ripping of Skullbriar feels like, well, a rip off.

Not quite as broken with sacrifice shenanigans, now. Dissatisfied with Magic's limitations sometimes.

>>51161403
Its also a soft fog, since it counts life you've lost as well. But Children of Korliss is merely W, I guess.
>>
File: 270353.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
270353.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Pyrotechnician.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pyrotechnician.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51163342
Too strong at common.
Make it uncommon.
>>
File: Thunderbolt Ross.jpg (105KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbolt Ross.jpg
105KB, 752x523px
>>51160955
So, is there like a backstory behind this character or what?

>>51161597
>Target player sacrifices an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a nonbasic land.

>>51161640
Where exactly are you going with this Commander? I feel like there's just nothing to go on.
>>
File: Invasive Greenbelt.png (291KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invasive Greenbelt.png
291KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51165277
I'd like this a lot more if it was a symmetrical effect.
>>
>>51165388
Not him, but technically it will have to target nonbasic lands you control if they're the only ones on the battlefield.
>>
>>51165417
Or it makes each player sac a nonbasic on their upkeep
Or you take the boom card wording.
>>
File: War Wheel.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
War Wheel.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Inverter of Heavens.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inverter of Heavens.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51166201
Meh.
>If you would draw a card, put the bottom card of your library into your hand instead.
>>
>>51166253
I believe flipping your EDH library upside-down is easier than taking a card from the bottom. This card is only practical in EDH, anyways.
I don't know if my mana costs are justified, though.
>>
File: Smiting Thunder.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Smiting Thunder.png
232KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51166881
Too good. With creatures, there's a big difference between 3 toughness and 4 toughness.
>>
Rolled 7, 1, 6, 3, 10 = 27 (5d10)

>>51160853
OK, let's try this again. Rolling for color, type, mechanic, CMC, and rarity.
>>
File: 7 1 6 3 10.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
7 1 6 3 10.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
Rolled 3, 6, 7, 4, 5 = 25 (5d10)

>>51167279
>Favorite color (dunno, I'll just do Blue from my post number), instant, voltron/buff, CMC 2, mythic

Huh, well. Here goes nothing. How horrible is this?
>>
File: 3 6 7 4 5.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
3 6 7 4 5.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>51167407
Oh shit, I completely forgot I was supposed to make it voltron/buff. Whoops.

>Black, creature, tax/control, CMC 4, uncommon

Hmm, how about this?
>>
File: Tibalt Tricky Fiend.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tibalt Tricky Fiend.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Would a card like this be a balanced EDH commander?
>>
>>51168492
Frankly, I'm not even sure it works. But even if it does, it only affects a small fraction of cards. And even THEN, you can't use a large fraction of those cards due to color identity.
>>
File: Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Floyd Lawton Deadshot6.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
I think I finally found something I like for Deadshot. I'll probably have to adjust the costs though. Any and all feedback appreciated!
>>
File: Skelkhan Pillagers.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skelkhan Pillagers.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
In a world with no Dredge...
>>
File: Warden of the Catacombs.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Warden of the Catacombs.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51171280
>>
File: Summoned Scarab.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Summoned Scarab.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51171304
>>
File: Sleepless Amalgam.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sleepless Amalgam.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51171323
>>
File: Skittering Skincrawler.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skittering Skincrawler.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>51171342
>>
File: Thomas Haukins.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Haukins.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
Geddit? He uses a tomahawk and his name is Thomas Haukins? You know, Tom Hauk? Ouch, yeah. At least this name is a bit less obvious than some of the other versions.

>>51171280
>Restless — When ~ is put into your graveyard from your library, you may pay 1B. If you do, put ~ onto the battlefield tapped.
>Whenever ~ deals damage, you may discard a card. If you do, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.
Just any damage sounds like it might be troublesome. Maybe combat damage?

Last ability I think is worded OK.

>>51171304
Mostly fine, but legit cards say "put that card into your graveyard" instead of "put it". I feel like this should be a bit more expensive considering how it's going to be hard to shut down. And it's not like you actually need to find a Black card from your library anyway.

>>51171323
Magic likes using the longer hyphen. Just use the regular dash twice in a row. And wording should be
>[...] from your library, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

>>51171342
>[...] you may pay 1UB. If you do, put ~ onto the battlefield.
"may pay" and no colon.

>When ~ enters the battlefield from your graveyard, [...]
No "if" because that applies for replacement effects. And technically you could make it say "enters the battlefield from a graveyard" though that doesn't change much.

>>51171352
>[...] you may pay 3BBB. If you do, put ~ onto the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Seems interesting. In fact, pretty much all these cards do, though you should probably get more feedback before you finalize them.
>>
File: 117353.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
117353.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51165114
>So, is there like a backstory behind this character or what?
Probably? Heck if I know. This is what happens when you use art and names (like literally, that's her Pixiv tag) from Japanese people who write in a language you don't read. The general theme for her "WB Martyr", and mechanically "Life loss, life gain, and damage redirection."

I have no idea how accurate that is, but in art she's typically depicted covered in wounds with a beatific smile or with cuhrazy red eyes.

She's also associated with Gray, who appears to be a skeleton knight. Not to be confused with a different skeleton knight who shows up sometimes, who wears black and has blond hair. Gray is in turn associated with Brea of the Scorching Heaven/Burning Sky/[insert translation here] who's apparently the chick on this card, which I've posted a gorillion times. Which actually makes the skeleton Gray, according to the Pixiv tags.

>Where exactly are you going with this Commander? I feel like there's just nothing to go on.
As stated
>The goal was "Every time it dies it comes back with an additional +1/+1 counter."
But it can't just come back immediately (for free), or it becomes an infinite sac target (and infinite power) with any free sac outlet. But if it doesn't come back immediately, then it can't increase in power. More or less inspired by Hearthstone's Dreadsteed (a 1/1 for 4), although more accurately Shadowverse's Mordecai (a 5/5 for 8).

The idea was less "cool build around Commander" and more "sticky WB control finisher".
>>
File: customcommanders.jpg (444KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
customcommanders.jpg
444KB, 1875x523px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51164044
Perilous Myr
>>
File: Defend the Village.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Defend the Village.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Thoughts?
>>
File: Michael Carter Booster Gold2.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Carter Booster Gold2.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
I hate having to compete with already existing cards. How do I make this a viable alternative to Medomai?

>>51171612
>As stated
Hmm, OK. Damn, this would've been so much easier with Regen. Hmm, you could do something like, making tokens or something, then having the card ETB with a number of counters on it equal to the number of those tokens you control. Like, just as a vague example
>1/1
>When ~ enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control named Gray.
>When ~ dies, create X 1/1 white and black Skeleton Knights creature tokens named Gray.
And then of course, some recursion ability. Again, just a quick summary of my idea.

>Season of Decay
I think you need an "instead" in there somewhere. Also surprised it doesn't affect counters too. Seems interesting though.
>>
File: Essence of Becoming.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Essence of Becoming.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Wandering Atoll.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Atoll.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Graveblade.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Graveblade.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Fuck I wrote a whole post and then accidentally closed the tab when I went to check a card.

>>51171722
>Cularis
Last ability feels tacked on.

>Hyel
Should be Devoid, I think. Also maybe make the cast trigger a may, and exile "all nonland cards" in case you discard a Mox.

>Lival
This is an odd case of a modal ability thats a mana ability half the time. Not a bad thing, just don't think I've seen one before.

>Nebulhast
This is cool. Should also make the creature legendary.

>Rom
This doesn't feel very white.

>>51171754
This could be
>Counter target creature spell. Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
The edge case of a counterspell war probably isn't worth the weirdness.

>>51171768
I like it, although I might bump the extra turn down to 2RU. Paying 8 for an extra turn and shock is pretty rough, given that its now two colors and has to connect. At 8 its just Beacon of Tomorrow, Shock edition.

>Gray
I'll probably just shelve him for a while. He seemed cooler last night, and not so cool now.

>Season of Decay
There's an instead right in the middle of the second line.

>>51171785
Unfortunately doesn't work. The card in the graveyard doesn't remember the card it exiled when it was cast.

>>51171985
Memory issues and general awkwardness. Dislike the mechanic.
>>
>>51155522
>>51156037
>>51156509

I didn't mean to get to this so late, but I've been quite busy and very tired. I'd like to thank you again for the extensive feedback and your helpfulness in general. I hate to say it but I just don't have the energy to properly discuss your feedback with you at the moment, but please know I have read through it all at least twice and am seriously taking it into account. I've already made several dozen changes to cards throughout the set, not just from your suggestions, but from others. I'm already much happier with the general feel and direction the polished product is looking to heading towards.

Hopefully, the next time I post my stuff, it will be much, much cleaner and feel more like a cohesive set than before.
>>
>>51171985
>Nest
I like it.
>>
File: El-Sur Valiant Traitor.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
El-Sur Valiant Traitor.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51171754
I like it. Flavorful and powerful, but not OP.
>>
File: Spirit of the Rising Sun.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit of the Rising Sun.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>51172127
>>
File: Guardians of the Temple.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Guardians of the Temple.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51172151
>>
>>51171722
>Grand Regent Cularis
Should be:
>If [...], that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.
and
>[...]leaves the battlefield[...]

>Nebulhast, Possesive Phantasm
I think you have to put its full name in the oracle text the first time you mention it (ex: Emrakul, the Aeons Torn has her full name in the "cannot be countered" part, but is just referred to as "Emrakul" during the "take an extra turn" and "graveyard" parts.
Also I'm worried its ability is too cheap and that this creature is highly abusable in EDH.

>Rom, Cleric of Iroas
Should be:
>Whenever one or more creatures your opponents control blocks, draw a card.
Otherwise, it might be OP.
Also, I am worried that having the ability to firebreathe any creature might also be OP.
I do have to admit that the card, while vulnerable to removal, has abilities that really put your opponent in a dilemma.

Keep in mind, though, that my judgement is mine alone, and at the time Drana was released I thought she was too OP.
>>
File: Spirit-kin Essence.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit-kin Essence.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51172172
>>
>>51172065
Yeah, no problem, that's cool. I'm just glad to know it's helping.
>>
>>51172127
Memory issues.

>>51172151
>>51172172

>>51172190
Too narrow.

Also, steadfast as a mechanic is like lame Exalted. Exalted at least rewarded you for using multiple Exalted creatures. More than one or two Steadfast creatures is terrible.

Just write it out explicitly and put it on a creature or two, so that it can be interesting and unique.

>When ~ attacks or blocks alone, it gains indestructible until end of turn.
>>
>>51172030
>Booster Gold
Thanks.

>Gray
Unfortunately, it is going to be difficult to make.

>Season of Decay
Whoops, sorry.

>Graveblade
I think just saying 10 life is fine. But putting Flashback inside an ability word seems really weird. I'd just say
>Vengeance — BBB, Exile ~ from your graveyard: Destroy target nonblack creature. Activate this ability only if [...]
>>
>>51171352

The card art looks a fucking lot like an eye when it's a thumbnail and I think that's really cool.

Besides what COanon said about the wording, I think this is probably okay.

>>51171722

Lival and Nebukhast are fucking lit dude. The flavor and mechanics are fucking spot on.

Cularis should be Black/Green I think.

Rom is... Red/Green more than anything I think. Especially with that green card from the newest commander set.

Hyel actually feels Blue/Black to me, maybe White/Black, but it's really hard to say. Also, wording issue as another anon said.

>>51172030
>This could be
>>Counter target creature spell. Exile target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
>The edge case of a counterspell war probably isn't worth the weirdness.

I feel like it was probably made the way it was to require you to have to have a creature to cast it. Your way just makes a stupidly good flicker/counterspell.

>>51171985

It's interesting, but super clunky. Plus I don't think there is a lot of design space for such an ability, unfortunately.
>>
>>51172407
>I feel like it was probably made the way it was to require you to have to have a creature to cast it. Your way just makes a stupidly good flicker/counterspell.
The way I wrote requires you to have a "target creature you control" to cast it too. The functional difference is what happens if the spell is countered (creatures stays in exile vs. never leaving), which is why I mentioned "the edge case of a counterspell war."
>>
File: Moiran Blacksmith.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Moiran Blacksmith.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51172932
Could see that as a mechanic.
>>
>>51150164
speaking of Dota cards, every Axe card I've ever seen forgets about the Rampage mechanic. I think it fits him perfectly. His abilities should be something like:

Rampage 2
All creatures able to block Axe do so.
>>
File: Gideons Standard.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gideons Standard.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
I swear I didn't intend the pun when I named this card.
>>
>>51157561
>Except, well, CM15... I just don't like it, like at all. It honestly look like one of the least efficient cards I've ever seen.
It's in an odd place. Kind of a low floor, high ceiling deal. It isn't exactly efficient, but it does have the potential to be a free kill spell. I'm thinking about moving it from sorcery to instant speed. Thoughts on that?
>>51158908
>Portentous Flock
Would you suggest upping the scry? Mystic Speculation is Scry 3 for U, so I could see this at Scry 2 for each trigger.
>Volatile Volition is a bad option
Why? It gives you a second chance to hit what you want if your initial impulse card is bad.

Thank you both for the feedback.
>>
File: Kellam Scourge of Crypts.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kellam Scourge of Crypts.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
More black knights.
>>
Ok so I know this isn't strictly MtG related but I'm trying to use MSE to do some prototyping for a card game I want to make, so I thought this would be the best place to ask: is there some kind of card template that's similar to the Leveler one but has 6 rows instead of 3? I like the text on the left number on the right thing it has and I don't want to have to faff about with trying to get them aligned if the template can do it for me.
>>
File: Opt.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Opt.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>51175689
>Volatile Volition is a bad option
No, It's a bad Opt.
>>
>>51176757
>is there some kind of card template that's similar to the Leveler one but has 6 rows instead of 3?
Not that I know of, sorry.
>>
>>51172932
The token has no name?

>>51176475
Eh, not really feeling that last ability. I guess I don't like how it only goes off once reliably, and that the choice is also random.
>>
Ice Blast
XU
Instant
Ice Blast deals X damage to each of up to X target creatures or players. Creatures targeted by Ice Blast gain defender until end of turn.
>>
File: Pina Herald of Beasts.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pina Herald of Beasts.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51177195
Hmmm... How about
>Whenever Kellam deals combat damage to an opponent, you may put a creature card with converted mana cost X or less from that player’s graveyard onto the battlefield under your control, where X is the amount of damage dealt.
Which is more powerful, I guess.

Alternatively, the Gonti ripoff
>Whenever Kellam deals combat damage to an opponent, exile target creature card from that player's graveyard. For as long as that card remains exiled, you may cast it and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast it.

>>51177617
Not blue.

>card
Metalworker, Elf Edition.
>>
Mistletoe
5G
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, enchanted player loses 2 life and you gain 1 life.
>>
>>51177646
Direct damage might not be a blue mechanic, but here's what I was going for, flavorwise:

>player throws a bunch of magical icicles
>they stab into a bunch of enemies, dealing damage
>the magic of the icicles is that they freeze on contact
>>
>>51177617
Not Blue by simply being a ping spell. And the effect seems too good anyway. Let's try
>XXRW
>~ deals X damage to each of up to X target creatures and/or players. Creatures dealt damage this way can't attack until your next turn.

But if we keep the name and the mana cost
>Tap X target creatures. They don't untap during their controllers' next untap steps.
>>
>>51177700
I like it.
>>
File: 115[1].jpg (74KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
115[1].jpg
74KB, 312x445px
>>51177690
Ice can be red, too, in the sense that Red is the fury of storms and mountains, which can often be cold and icy.

>>51177700
Mechanically, we should just make it Aurelia's Fury, because tapping at instant speed is almost as good as "can't attack this turn."
>>
Burn Out
6R
Instant
Burn Out deals damage to target creature or player equal to the number of red permanents you control. Red permanents you control lose their red color until end of turn.
>>
File: Size Matters.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Size Matters.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51177646
Hmm, maybe you can recur a creature on combat damage, but what's chosen is random? Or maybe something where it exiles a creature card and you get a token out of it? Wow, not really sure here. You're kinda making me feel bad for critiquing your card.

>Pina
I'd switch the reveal to a cost for the ability. But otherwise I have no clue how good this is, sorry.

>>51177711
Which one?

>>51177723
>tapping at instant speed is almost as good as "can't attack this turn."
Well, the effect I was using is better than both those effects.
>>
A cycle of auras that add abilities but also add colors:

>Aura of Light
>3W
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has lifelink and is white in addition to its other colors.

>Aura of Intellect
>3U
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has "When this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card" and is blue in addition to its other colors.

>Aura of Doom
>3B
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has deathtouch and is black in addition to its other colors.

>Aura of Flames
>3R
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has "R: This creature gets +1/0 until end of turn." and is red in addition to its other colors.

>Aura of Nature
>3G
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has trample and is green in addition to its other colors.

>>51177825
Both.
>>
File: 146[1].jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
146[1].jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>51177825
>You're kinda making me feel bad for critiquing your card.
Don't feel bad. "Not jiving with me" is far better than no feedback at all. I was worried about the strength of repeated reanimation, even if it is your opponent's stuff. I'll think about it.

>Pina
The templating is more or less ripped from Metalworker. And then when I was looking up more precedent (like the fabulous Seer cycle)... I realized this card exists and I'm an unoriginal hack.
>>
>>51177874
And on the topic of cards with the word "Doom" in their name:

>Doom
>5B
>Enchantment
>Whenever a creature dies, exile it instead.
>>
File: Doom5.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Doom5.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51177884
>"Not jiving with me" is far better than no feedback at all.
Eh, I guess that's true. And really, pretty much any feedback is good feedback.

>Sacellum Godspeaker
Huh, pretty sure I've seen that before and forgot about it. Actually, I was even thinking about suggesting using power 5 or more rather than CMC because of Naya. Oh well.

>>51177910
>And on the topic of cards with the word "Doom" in their name:
You rang? Damn, just remembered that I could be listening to BFG Division right now. I'm going to fix that right now.
>>
>>51177874
>Both.
Oh, well, thanks. Glad to know at least not all my ideas are shit.

>Auras
Frankly, these just feel way overcosted. And color-changing has so little effect, I'm not even sure how it would affect mana cost, if at all. Though that could just be me, as I'm generally just not a fan of "colors matter".
>>
File: Izzet Manatouched.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Izzet Manatouched.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51177874
All of these cost about 3 more mana than they really have to. See Lifelink, Curiosity, Firebreathing, and Primal Frenzy.

Oddly enough, there's not a deathtouch equivalent.

>>51177910
So... a shitty Leyline of the Void (that marginally hits tokens also, oooooh~)

>card
Izzet blitz.
>>
>Mana Magnet
>5
>Artifact
>W: Put a white counter on Mana Magnet.
(This ability is repeated for the other four colors and colorless)
>Remove a white counter from Mana Magnet: Add W to your mana pool.
(This one is, too)
>Remove three counters in any combination of types from Mana Magnet: You gain 1 life.

>>51177998
That card actually isn't inspired by Doom. Instead it's based from Bakugan, which has a card literally called the Doom Card.

>>51178051
>Cursed Strikes
>B
>enchanted creature has Deathtouch
>>
>>51178051
Wizards currently likes using
>each combat if able
But otherwise the card looks good.

>Deathtouch
Probably because Wizards realizes that it could turn minor nuisances into major problems. Seriously, Staticaster with Deathtouch is something I've wanted to see.

>>51178088
>That card actually isn't inspired by Doom.
I didn't think it was. I was just using what you said as an excuse to post my card. But yeah, what Weeb anon said, why not Leyline?
>>
File: Scarcliff Chimera.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scarcliff Chimera.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51178088
>11 lines of rules text and five different kinds of counters on one permanent
You know Gemstone Array is a card, right?

>>51178185
There's always Basilisk Collar and Gorgon's Head for Deathtouch.

>Manatouched
Huh, must be a recent thing, since BFZ's Akoum Firebird has "each turn." But you're right, given AER's Frontline Rebel.

>card
I really like this card. Gonna pat myself on the back for this one.
>>
>>51178365
>Scarcliff Chimera
???
>>
File: Succubus.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Succubus.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ainok Mediator.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ainok Mediator.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Break the Haughty.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Break the Haughty.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Progenitor of Death.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Progenitor of Death.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51180947
>Counter target spell with converted mana cost X. ~ deals X damage to target creature or player.

Guttural Response/Pyroblast/REB don't really need new cousins, though.
>>
>>51180976
I figured I had written that wrong.
Mostly made it because I was bored.
>>
File: Outliving Usefulness.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Outliving Usefulness.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Also made because I was bored.
>>
File: Fledgling Demonhunter.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fledgling Demonhunter.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>51181166
This is functional but bad. Black doesn't really ritual anymore, let alone ritual for off color, and this isn't even a ritual. Its paying a card for the privilege of sacrificing something.

>card
Hot jank, coming your way.
>>
File: VIN004-099 R.jpg (144KB, 650x908px) Image search: [Google]
VIN004-099 R.jpg
144KB, 650x908px
>>
2U - Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller pays (2).
As you cast ~, you may remove a loyalty counter from a blue planeswalker you control. If you do, counter that spell instead.

3R - Sorcery
~ deals 4 damage to target creature.
As you cast ~, you may remove a loyalty counter from a red planeswalker you control. If you do, ~ deals 4 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players instead.
>>
>>51182965
For both, this should come first
>As an additional cost to cast ~, you may remove a loyalty counter from a [color] planeswalker you control.

>Counter target spell unless its controller pays 2. If you removed a loyalty counter from a planeswalker you control, counter that spell instead.

>~ deals 4 damage to target creature. If you removed a loyalty counter from a planeswalker you control, ~ instead deals 4 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.

To be honest, not entirely sure how to reference the additional cost in the main effect of the card, so I'd just write it out. Anyway, the Red one feels way overcosted.
>>
>>51181537
>Fledgling Demonhunter
Nice. Seems interesting.

>>51180976
I don't really get this one. I guess it's supposed to abuse ETB and LTB triggers? Hmm, what about making a token copy of the creature, but it's like a 1/1 Spirit or 2/2 Zombie instead?

>>51180616
Seems OK.
>>
File: Inected Host.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inected Host.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Thoughts, ccg? I'm not sure at all how to price this ability
>>
>>51184054
I like the effect, but it feels too cheap. And I think it should use a counter to mark the changed creatures.
>>
File: Pina Wildsinger.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pina Wildsinger.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Pina try two.
>>
>>51189756
So, with this one and the last one, I'm getting the feeling that you want something that encourages using spells with CMC 5 or greater, right? Why?
>>
>>51190054
Random idea for a theme, is all. I like to play with these sorts of weird EDH build around themes, like "CMC 5 or greater matters", "life loss matters", and "tap matters."

Temur is fun in that you have "big spells" from blue and "big creatures" from green.
>>
>>51190456
Hmm. Every CMC 5 or greater spell you cast gets a Coiling Oracle trigger? Draw a card? Ramp? +1/+1 counters? Cascade? Well, whatever you do, I hope it's a bit more unique than "Not Riku" here.
>>
File: Pina Wildsinger.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pina Wildsinger.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51191032
Probably just draw a card/Coiling Oracle. Cascade makes it Not-Maelstrom Wanderer or Not-Ydris. Straight ramp is mediocre, since if you're casually slamming five drop spells, you're probably in an okay spot mana wise anyways.

Try number three, semi-Cascade edition. Trying to not be straight Ydris.
>>
>>51191230
Fuck, this is not-Rashmi instead.

This is clearly not working.
>>
File: Frenzied Ravings.png (508KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frenzied Ravings.png
508KB, 752x523px
It's too strong isn't it /tg/?
It was originally just draw a card every end of combat at 2RR, but that seemed too not-Red, so I made it into discard->draw.
>>
File: Perils of Knowledge.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Perils of Knowledge.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Idiotic Minions.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Idiotic Minions.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51192200
>>
>>51192200
>>51192224
These are both way too strong.
1BB for restrictionless creature destruction with no added effects, so the black one could maybe be BB, but also higher rarity.
The red one is ridiculously strong. (also, the ability only works once ever, you have to put "Whenever" and not "When" if you want it to trigger multiple times.)
There is only one other one mana red haste creature that's bigger than 1/1, named Goblin Guide, and that one caused a huge ruckus when it was first printed. This card here would be Goyf levels, if not more.
For balance, maybe make it 2/1, lose trample, and make it rare.
>>
File: machinehead.png (373KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
machinehead.png
373KB, 375x523px
First was going to give him trample, but that woulda been a bit too similar to Ball Lightning so gave it Menace instead.

Not sure if he is (was?) human though and whether or not he could be considered artifact or not.

Really wanted to make him red-black. You're absolutely my nigga if you get the additional reference here.
>>
>>51194626
Oops. The downside on the pump does nothing if you use it AFTER you've attacked.
It should be only usable as sorcery or some other workaround.
>>
File: Minoriko Harvests Guide.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Minoriko Harvests Guide.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51194626
Is Redline that obscure?

The activated ability is
>~ gets +2/-1 until end of turn. Sacrifice it at end of combat if it attacked this turn.
a la Berserk.
>>
>>51195374
Deceptively powerful, that's a large amount of instant speed power available.
>>
>>51195374
Naw, the additional reference was 2001 world championship deck called Machine Head. Hence why I hinted the red-black.
>>
>>51191253

Are you okay, Anon? It's okay, we're all friends here.
>>
File: Krumar Vagrant.png (279KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Krumar Vagrant.png
279KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Sand Guardians.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sand Guardians.png
290KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Autumn Sisters.jpg (167KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn Sisters.jpg
167KB, 750x523px
>>51195690
Having the standard issue of moments of perceived brilliance, only to realize Wizards beat you to the punch. My creativity comes and goes. I have a frustrating habit of going EUREKA, slamming together a card for a post, only to realize seconds later that I uploaded something broken/derivative/etc.

>>51195488
Reduced to a once per turn ability. The ability to get the square of the number of Forests you control in instant speed power is probably too much.

>card
The autumn sisters. Minoriko is the goddess of abundant harvest, while the elder sister Shizuha is the goddess of autumn leaves. Together they do autumn things, and get shrekt in Stage 1.

Shizuha was originally going to be Army Ants, and then thought that symmetry with her sister was more interesting. Green does lots of lifegain too, so I felt the odd Gruul Helix effect wasn't too strange.

>>51195836
Mardu outlast? Also, you're missing a font somewhere.

>>51195846
I like it.
>>
File: Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Teddy Altman Hulkling.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>51195690
He's probably just frustrated at not being able to come up with a design that matches his own expectations. That's what happens to me.

>>51195374
Hmm, not sure about this. On one hand, it can set you back a turn. On the other, it could pump to ridiculous levels. Maybe add a mana cost?

>>51195836
I hated how the Krumar were erased from the Abzan in the new timeline. Non-asshole Black creatures fighting for their families, it was cool. Anyway, this seems OK.

>>51195846
I'd just use
>1, Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Untap that creature. It gains indestructible until end of turn.
I just feel like it flows more naturally that way. Interesting synergy with Outlaws though.
>>
File: ccg in a nutshell.png (142KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
ccg in a nutshell.png
142KB, 340x270px
>>51195942
>Having the standard issue of moments of perceived brilliance, only to realize Wizards beat you to the punch.
I think we all know what this calls for.
>>
File: Glimpse of Autumn.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Glimpse of Autumn.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51195971
Believe me, I've felt like I've been channeling Kazy plenty lately.

Last card for the night, probably. Off to go have a *gasp* social life.

>>51195942
>Mardu outlast
I clearly need to learn my Khans watermarks.

>>51195954
What exactly is the text behind him saying...?
>>
>>51196224
>What exactly is the text behind him saying...?
Pretty sure it's just an exaggerated version of "NO!" with multiple O's. I have the art it's from, and even then I don't really know what's going on. I like to at least have placeholder art in my CO cards.

>Glimpse
Eh, seems OK I guess.
>>
>>51196224

Caravan Vigil from the OG Innistrad is very similar to this. Honestly, I think this could be either 1G or GG and be fine.
>>
>>51196970
Being able to get nonbasics is a sizable upgrade. Sylvan Scrying is already a strong card.
>>
File: Escitalopram.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Escitalopram.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
Haven't been doing so well lately.
>>
>>51195942
>Shizuha
Seems pretty good to me. These cards really beg for land recursion, but it's probably a good idea that they can't do that themselves.
>>
File: Dissonance.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dissonance.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Tefe Holland Sprout12.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tefe Holland Sprout12.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Had an idea. I kinda like the direction this is going now.
>>
>>51197690
Turning bolts into Rune Snag is a hell of a lot stronger than turning Counterspell into Shock. This seems really dangerous with any amount of instant speed burn.

>>51197328
The thought was originally some way to return basic lands regularly, but the ability took up more space (text and complexity) than I expected, so it got canned.

They might end up with Partner and a suite of support cards for a hypothetical Commander package, one of which will be said basic recurer.
>>
File: Cosmivore.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmivore.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Cerulean Rose.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cerulean Rose.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51199916

That flavor is tasty? Is this a straight cycle, a one-off, or a flavor cycle?

>>51197094

What's wrong anon?
>>
>>51199905
You can just say "cards with flash".
>>
File: Yearning Desire.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yearning Desire.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Flex.png (317KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Flex.png
317KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51205322
Doesn't seem very good. Honestly, I'm just waiting for Wizards to print
>As an additional cost to cast ~, discard X cards.
>Draw X plus one cards.
>>
File: Feelings of Isolation.jpg (25KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Feelings of Isolation.jpg
25KB, 375x523px
>>51203035
>What's wrong anon?
Same shit as always. Just a phase, I'll get over it.
>>
File: Max Damage.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Max Damage.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
Hey there /ccg/, question/opinion/bait post incoming:

I'm pondering starting work on a small-ish set that revisits and expands upon mechanics that we haven't seen a lot of or otherwise don't have a very sizeable pool of cards. Think of it almost as a Magic expansion set- expanding on mechanics and elements that are unlikely to be returned to, yet definitely haven't been exhaustively designed.

First:
What should I aim for in terms of power level- something more akin to a normal set (focused on a standard and draft environment), or a non-standard product (ala Commander, Conspiracy, and such- generally a bit more powerful while still adhering to decency, and I'd argue that the two are pretty close right now.)

Secondly:
What keywords would you like to see in such a set? I'm looking for two types of keyword: 5c keywords that are present across the entire set, and mechanics that are more specific to colors or color groups.

And lastly:
How big should the set be? I'm thinking of doing a small one (160-180), but I might go up into big set territory.
>>
File: MENACING.png (294KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
MENACING.png
294KB, 375x523px
Menacing.
>>
>>51207173
First: Standard set or Conspiracy (which is pretty much a standard set), since most people here critique assuming cards are for a standard environment. You can make a set for legacy, but all the feedback you will get is that they're too powerful. Commander sets can be at a standard power level, but too often I see cards that are way too pushed because multiplayer politics hammer any nail that sticks out.

Second: Do whatever you want. Spindle mechanics to see if you can actually make enough cards before you commit.

Third: Start small.
>>
>>51207173
If it's your first set, I'd say aim for a small-size set, with a power level fit for current Standard. Though I really think a lot of this will just depend on what mechanics you use. Speaking of, here's a link to a big list of them

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Template:Keywords_and_abilities

But if we get to vote on 5c mechanics, Devotion is one of my favorites.
>>
Magnetic Blast
3U
Instant
Gain control of target artifact.
>>
File: Lunar Reaper.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Reaper.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Bump with an uninspired card.
>>
>>51207173
Ask the people who have finished sets. So, pirate anon, time anon, and that dude with the handprint set symbol, maybe?
>>
>>51209393
Should have another bonus than deathtouch. Something useful at sorcery speed post combat.
>>
File: Anti-Chromatic.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Chromatic.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Murderous Shade.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Murderous Shade.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51211368
I like the concept, but it needs Blue. And you capitalize subtypes like Shade.
>>
File: Combat Titan.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Combat Titan.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51211368
Replacement effects like this can't target, unfortunately.

>>51210634
I'm only half understanding your suggestion, anon. The idea was more to reward forced discard and instant speed mill/removal, as well as semi-blanking combat tricks, rather than reward you for killing things in combat.
>>
>>51211526
>I'm only half understanding your suggestion, anon
Most discard is sorcery speed.
Having removal reduces the need for deathtouch.
And people will just play tricks during the declare-blockers step.

So...yay mill? I guess.
>>
>>51211575
Discard being an offensive maneuver rather than a defensive one, although a 2/4 deathtouch body isn't super threatening, I suppose. Turning removal into a two-for-one sort of trick seems like a decent move, if you ask me. And even if they play tricks during declare blockers, it can let it turn safe blocks against 3/Xs into trades and whatnot.

How about making it trigger on a card hitting anyone's graveyard? Too strong?

Also yes, I like random mill support cards.
>>
File: Barubary.png (272KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Barubary.png
272KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Wyndian Sharpshooter.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wyndian Sharpshooter.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51212015
An opening hand card that doesn't do anything during the first turn? Seems counterintuitive.
>>
File: Bridge Troll.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bridge Troll.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>51212439
Why Hound? Other than that, I think the card looks pretty interesting.
>>
>Speed of Light
>5R
>Instant
>The next spell you cast this turn has flash and split second. If it's a creature spell, it also gains haste until end of turn. If it's a red creature spell, it also gains first strike until end of turn.
>>
File: Ancestral Rites.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ancestral Rites.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>51213311
>CMC 6
This is sort of cool, but good lord is that a lot of mana for this effect. Try two, or three, tops.
>>
>>51213575
Too good. But you knew that already.
>>
>>51213575
Really? Wow, I thought it'd be really OP, what with giving FOUR ABILITIES IN ONE SPELL, wven WITH the 6 CMC.
>>
>>51213834
It does jack shit if you can't cast another spell that turn.
>>
>>51213834
Even*
>>
>>51213850
Figures. I guess it is a bit underpowered with the high cost.
>>
File: Savage Summoning.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Savage Summoning.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51213834
Pic related exists at G. That's 1 CMC.
If you're modifying a later spell with an earlier one, the first one should be cheaper.
There's also Quicken that lets you cast a Sorcery as an Instant for U.
So yea, maybe 2R if you want to be safe, RR if risky.
>>
File: Owen Mercer Boomer.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Owen Mercer Boomer.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51213834
The thing about cards like this, Savage Summoning, and Quicken, is that they don't do anything by themselves. Not only that, but one of the abilities on your card is dependent on color, so most of the time it won't apply anyway.
>>
>>51213916
>>51213883
Speed of Light
Enchantment
2R
You may cast nonland cards as though they had flash and split second.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, that creature gains haste until end of turn. If it's red, it also gains first strike until end of turn.
>>
>>51214032
And now you've made it an enchantment for no reason, meaning now it'd be better up at like 6 or 7 and probably mythic since it affects every nonland card you cast.

Just keep it with the effect you had before, but at 2R, and keep it an instant that affects the next creature spell you cast that turn.
>>
File: Kingkiller.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kingkiller.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>51213916
Not sure if UR is enough for that second ability. I think Soulfire had it right at 4, maybe at 3 if you're feeling generous.

>>51214032
Now this is Leyline of Anticipation, which is a four mana effect. And Blue.

>>51213829
:^)
>>
>>51214032
When did you get it into your head to make a permanent version of this? Seriously? By the way, you don't have the split second thing right. Really, it's kind of a pain to format. Easier to just say the card can't be countered. Oh yeah, and the effect isn't even R. It's more like UG I think. RG?
>>
File: Prognostic Chicks.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prognostic Chicks.png
262KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Amazon Hunting Party.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Hunting Party.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>51214119
Wow, feedback, thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought, another anon said it could be cheaper. I think I'll make it 1UR, since that cost used hybrid mana, and the actual card is easier to cast at 1W, versus 2UR. Anyway, does the effect get across the idea of a boomerang well enough? Owen Mercer is Captain Boomerang II, Captain Boomerang I's son, but most people just call him Boomer.

>Kingkiller
I think I'd make this cost just a little more since it's likely to remove your opponents' best creatures. Hmm, then again, it'll likely also get rid of your own as well.

>>51214157
Cool, someone else using Dragon's Crown art. Though technically they're Harpy chicks. And why 1/2? Scry trigger seems interesting.
>>
>>51177874
The final two, the Yin and Yang of this cycle:

>Aura of Infinity
>WUBRG
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has "At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control permanents of all five colors, you win the game." and is white, blue, black, red and green.

>Aura of Emptiness
>5
>Enchantment - Aura
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature has devoid and "Sacrifice this creature: Add 5 to your mana pool."
>>
>>51214425
>Enchanted creature is all colors
>Enchanted creature is colorless
>>
File: Roast.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roast.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>51214275
>Anyway, does the effect get across the idea of a boomerang well enough?
Very. Pseudo-Buyback is probably the best way to do it, yeah, followed closely by Rebound.

>Kingkiller
Gonna bump it to 1BB. Standard "sac on a stick" guys have been 2B for a 3/1 (Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner) for a while, but you're right in that this is "better".

Was gonna find a saucy quote from Name of the Wind or Wise Man's Fear for flavor text, but couldn't find anything fitting.

>>51214425
>At the beginning of your upkeep, you win the game.
Quality gameplay, right there. :^)

The other one is slightly better, although pseudo-ritualling doesn't feel like part of colorless's "exile-matters" design space. This could be a black or red card, or even both.

>card
Found good art to make a cruel joke.
>>
File: Heat of Battle.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heat of Battle.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>51214467
We doing reprints? Punny reprints?

>Pseudo-Buyback
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Cool, thanks. Sometimes it's kinda hard to tell if the flavor gets across, you know?

>Roast
Oh, is that the Rurouni Kenshin dude?
>>
>>51214467
Hey, so did you get everything transferred to your new comp or whatever? Still a pretty lucky break that you uploaded all your stuff beforehand.
>>
File: Hidden Dragon.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Dragon.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51214748
Why those triggers specifically?
>>
File: Sundown.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sundown.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51214546
>Roast
Yeah, the final villain. He used to be a good (?) guy and then the government decided they didn't need an omnicidal ex-assassin running around, so they clocked him over the head, doused him in oil, and lit him on fire. Except it didn't quite stick, so then he comes back all butthurt and whatnot.

>>51214658
I have my old cards, and I've been making new ones. As for non-card related stuff, not much of value was lost. A little bit of work from the last quarter of school, but I hadn't started the meat of my research yet. What few important personal documents I have all get backed up to my Google Drive and whatnot.

Then its just trivial stuff like movies, music, and games, which isn't too hard to track down again. I seem to have the terrible luck of something going terribly wrong every two years or so and having to start from scratch, so I've gotten pretty good at getting computers set up the way I like them.

Which reminds me, I have a 2012 Mac Workstation I got for free from my lab that I get to tinker with. There's a certain perverse pleasure to be had in installing Windows on an Apple product. I'll probably abstain from installing MSE on it just so I can prevent myself from procrastinating when I'm in the lab.

>>51214748
Urza/10.

>card
Reusing art because the other card I used it on ages ago sucks.
>>
File: Guleth the Harvest Mind.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Guleth the Harvest Mind.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Self mill BUG that doesn't have to be creature based.
>>
>>51214958
Second ability doesnt need the "from your library" restriction at that cmc. Incredibly boring for a mythic legend.
>>
File: Grant Emerson Damage2.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Emerson Damage2.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>51214802
>Roast
You know, I watched that show a lot as a kid, but I can barely remember anything from it. All I remember about that guy was that he was evil and burned, that's it. I guess I didn't like it much.

>Mac
Ouch.

>Windows on an Apple product
lol

>Sundown
Hmm, I wonder if this would ever be viable. I don't play much, but I assume if you want to use a boardwipe, you want to use it now, not after you've gotten your face kicked in a bit. Not trying to say anything bad about your card, just trying to make an observation. Or ask a question. Guess I'm more tired than I thought.

>>51214958
Kinda worried about the cost of that second ability.

>Damage
Last version triggered on combat damage to an opponent's creature to each other creature that player controls.
>>
File: Wandering Treant.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Treant.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Sunfield Knight.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sunfield Knight.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51215012
>>
>>51215012
>>51215025
I've seen people try this concept a few times before now, and I'm going to be honest, I don't think it'll ever be anywhere near as good as Soulbond is. Soulbond is just so much neater simply for being able to give both permanents the same text and/or abilities, as well as the fact that it has synergy with itself, being able to Soulbond two creatures to each other so each receives two bonuses. I get the idea of Terralink, and all the other variants I've seen, but I just don't think it has any mechanical viability. Kinda like Fortifications, actually.
>>
Oh shit, we're at the image limit. Huh, that usually doesn't happen. Uh... sage this and start a new thread?
>>
>>51215145
Uh, anyone?
>>
>>51148502
gwunch
>>
>>51216056
Huh?
>>
>>51197690
That's sexy anon. What else are you designing for red blue big boy???
>>
>>51215145
Oh hell, just wrapped up another silly cycle, looks like I won't get the chance to post it tonight. Oh well, that'll give me more time to look it over and make sure I didn't make any glaringly bad mistakes.

Tried to do a cycle of ten Lieutenants, ala the commander-specific cards with the same mechanic. I'm not sure if they're all totally balanced yet, though I tried to make them decently versatile with their colors.
WU is based around artifacts
UB is Gonti meets Bane Alley Broker meets Pyxis of Pandemonium
BR is an aggressive demon that won't stay dead
RG is fight club on an elf body
GW is the equivalent of tending to bonsai trees in order to perform arcane rituals
WB is a vaguely Theros-themed sack-for-value engine
UR is a goblin with experience handling dangerous chemicals and magical reagents
BG is an artifact-hating plant zombie with +1/+1 counter interactions
RW is an aggressive body that makes more aggressive bodies
UG is a Frog Boar, and also a biomancer's best friend

Will post 'em later
>>
>>51216513
Well, I could make another thread now and just let this one die. I asked if anyone wanted me to do that, but nobody responded. Sometimes I feel like I'm speaking in a different language from you guys.

>WU
Seems fine.

>UB
Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I'm curious.

>BR
Recursion?

>RG
Sounds interesting. Though I will point out that Wizards has been giving out more one-sided Fight, and especially to Green.

>GW
No idea what that means. Lands matter?

>WB
I feel like Wizards has done a bunch of WB Theros stuff for Commander.

>UR
Sounds fun.

>BG
BG artifact-hate? Don't get me wrong, BG can do it, but it's not usually high on its list of priorities.

>RW
Of course.

>UG
How so?

So, do you have Commanders too, or just the Lieutenants?
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.