[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Ryuujin is best for Occult Mystery like Mushishi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Ryuutama.png (493KB, 560x695px) Image search: [Google]
Ryuutama.png
493KB, 560x695px
Which Ryuujin is best for Occult Mystery like Mushishi?
>>
Black ryuujin seems to be the best for games about mystery and horror.
>>
Blue.
>>
Black
>>
>>51145219
Black, Mushishi is a tragedy.
>>
>>51149139
There are some happy endings
>>
>>51146265
I'd actually go with this.

Black is for more horror-esque or thriller games. I don't think Mushishi is edgy enough for that.
>>
File: Bosma - Gatherers.jpg (2MB, 1000x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Bosma - Gatherers.jpg
2MB, 1000x1301px
>>51149139
A lot of the Black Dragon's portfolio encompass intentional malice, and most of its Benedictions and Artifacts deal with the same. The mushi rarely act with malice, nor are most capable of it. The tragedies that arise from them are largely acts of nature, sort of like floods or avalanches.

You could play a Mushishi story into any Ryuujin, except for maybe Crimson, since Mushishi don't solve problems with aggression. I probably wouldn't make a campaign about it with the rules as written, though.
>>
File: CoWQvTXW8AA3g92.jpg (131KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
CoWQvTXW8AA3g92.jpg
131KB, 700x980px
Any idea how can I add the travelling/journy aspect in Nagi no Asukara's setting? Looks like the perfect Blue Ryuujin story.
>>
>>51149512
Blue is for drama right?
>>
File: Sakimori - Glow.jpg (646KB, 900x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Sakimori - Glow.jpg
646KB, 900x1145px
>>51150244
Drama is in Azure's sphere, along with family and community. I'd use it if you want to draw on the stories where normal people interact with mushi, to positive or negative effect.

I'd use Green if you want to draw on the stories where the mushi produce natural phenomena, and the players role is to restore an natural imbalance created by them.

My thought would be to encourage players to use the Minstrel, Hunter, Healer, Noble, and Farmer classes, since Artisans and Merchants don't really offer relevant skills to that sort of game.
>>
>>51150720
Many Mushishi episodes feature merchants and artisans
>>
>>51150858
Right, but they're the subject of the problem, not the ones who solve it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.