[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you kill a dragon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 16

File: Entombed.jpg (2MB, 2500x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Entombed.jpg
2MB, 2500x1213px
How do you kill a dragon?
>>
Depends on the setting.
A sharp object stabbed into a soft spot usually works, though.
>>
>>51144971
Extensive use of the Benny Hill theme and player shenanigans that shouldn't work but do.
>>
Punch it in the anus.
>>
>>51144971
Aim for the eyes or the part of it's body that isn't in a scaly hide, they tend to revert to feral beasts when they're actually threatened outright.

Barring that, extreme head trauma causing internal bleeding, or poisoning the beast through it's food.
>>
>>51144971
With kindness
>>
>>51144987
What if it's a Bad Dragon? They're into that.
>>
With another dragon.
>>
>>51144971
wait for gravity to crush its bones for being too big
>>
File: powered.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
powered.gif
2MB, 160x120px
Something like pic related
>>
>>51145012
Super glue their butt plug in so their oviposition backs up and they burst.
>>
>>51144971
Stab them, right in the balls.

Now, finding the dragon balls, that's the real challenge
>>
A halfling covered in flasks of sovereign glue and a sign saying eat me.
>>
>>51144971
By seducing it and turning it into a housewife

The dragon is dead
Long live the woman
>>
By Abandon all delusions of control
>>
>>51144971
Snakes.
Venom from the most dangerous snakes is extremely potent- it shouldn't take much milking to get enough to give a dragon a lethal dose, and then it only takes one brave man with a specially made hypodermic weapon. Hell, if you were really brave you could do it from inside the dragon's stomach.
>>
>>51144971
You marry it. Declare that is dead. Then live a nice quite life with your dragon waifu or husbando in silence fulfilling the eternal Human and Dragon are always in heat problem our species has.
>>
>>51144971
Vast quantities of hellfire.
>>
>>51145013
Fuck, you beat me to it.
>>
>>51144971

An obsidian tipped spear, into their heart. The essence of dragons is fire and darkness. Only something made of the same can pierce their hide. Mundane weapons are totally useless against them, and even magic can would them but never kill them.
>>
>>51144971

Someone post El Lucha story right now.
>>
You use the pointy end of the sword.
>>
Hit it enough times to reduce its HP to 0.
>>
I think we would try violence. It's usually a good option for killing something until it's dead.
>>
File: Los Tiburon.jpg (99KB, 909x835px) Image search: [Google]
Los Tiburon.jpg
99KB, 909x835px
>>51146373

This one?

I've always wondered if "I am ... a lucha!!!" was a mistake and he was meaning to shout Luchador, or if he really did shout "I AM A FIGHT!" (or struggle / battle) which is cool in its own way.
>>
>>51145013
Best answer
>>
>>51144971

One arrow to the belly usually does the trick.
>>
File: avis-3.jpg (53KB, 422x297px) Image search: [Google]
avis-3.jpg
53KB, 422x297px
>>51144971

Biplane. AP rounds.
>>
Well that dragon was clearly murdered by a high level druid

Nature: 1
Fire Breathing Lizards: 0
>>
>challenge it into a debate
>come up with a detailed debate plan where you slip in subconsious suggestions for the dragon to kill itself
>use said plan to infiltrate the will of the dragon to live
>dragon suicides
>>
>>51144971
Lots of reach weapons and armor piercing weapons, preferably both

This dragon is obviously going to kill a bunch of people, so catching it with high ground on your side is going to be really helpful like in a ravine or near a cliff.

Most arrows probably won't have much effect on the dragon's main body, but could be used to fuck up their wings maybe, so I would go for that
If it manages to take to the air, you're is a really bad spot, so nets and other means of entanglement would come in handy
>>
>>51145656
What if instead we Understand the concept of love?
>>
>>51144971
Shoot him with pew pew wizard lasers.
>>
File: .png (160KB, 576x469px) Image search: [Google]
.png
160KB, 576x469px
>>
>>51144971
In my setting, dragons are just ordinary animals whose main motivations are to find food and mates. They've become rare in number as humans have been systematically hunting them down for centuries. Farmers in Dragon-plagued regions do their part by hiding their herds in large, underground shelters (such as deep caves or purpose-built bunkers).

Usually, adventurers and soldiers just wait until a dragon goes to sleep (which is how animals such as alligators conserve energy when food is currently scarce). The hunters then either spear them, suffocate them with smoke, get them to breathe in lethal gas, or chuck poison into their mouths. Otherwise, marshals just assemble A LOT of skilled ballista operators in important forts/towns at high risk of dragon attack.

Most dragons that die in my setting die of disease or starvation. Very few are actually killed in direct confrontations with humans.
>>
>>51144971
First, we kill the Batman.
>>
>>51144971
You don't kill a demi-god, flying, intelligent, magic-wielding 10-stories-tall monstrosity made of basalt and molten rock.

Mostly because you don't have the firepower to do so.
>>
>>51144971
Drive it to depression.
>>
Multiple drones with heavy weapons, a team with a rocket launcher, all things considered it's not that hard.

The dragon itself isn't scary. The megacorp it owns, however...
>>
File: PCs derail GMs plot again.jpg (142KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
PCs derail GMs plot again.jpg
142KB, 768x1280px
>>51145656
Grigori, please wear the ring...
>>
>>51153916
I disagree.
>>
>>51153916
It's not even about the firepower. If such a thing were to exist and predate man, then man would never have been allowed to develop far enough to threaten it.
>>
File: 1480993502545.png (63KB, 420x333px) Image search: [Google]
1480993502545.png
63KB, 420x333px
>>51145013
>playing dragonborn pally
>unwinnable battle against a green drake
>don't really know the rules
>crit while using 2 smites and a great sword
>mfw 4d6 + 4d8 of damage in single blow
>>
>>51144971
Very Carefully
>>
File: Stgeorge-dragon.jpg (57KB, 405x599px) Image search: [Google]
Stgeorge-dragon.jpg
57KB, 405x599px
>>51153916
Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Ornstein.jpg (87KB, 822x971px) Image search: [Google]
Ornstein.jpg
87KB, 822x971px
>>51144971
Remove scales with lightning and a piercing weapon then stab repeatedly.
>>
>>51156109
WORST SWORD EVER. Its like a dagger as heavy as a halberd
>>
>>51156168
That's a spear.
>>
File: Dragonslayer Spear.jpg (51KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonslayer Spear.jpg
51KB, 600x333px
>>51156168
It's a gigantic spear.
>>
>>51156204
I always found it funny how large and thick the blade is, even if it makes sense given that he had to pierce dragons with super speed charges and still have a weapon afterwards.
>>
>>51156285
It's only silly when you bring it down to the scale of regular-ish humanoids. When fighting a regular Everlasting Dragon, it probably looks "sufficient" at best.
>>
Dragons are dragons because humans can't kill them.
>>
>>51156307
I always loved the whole "Everything used to be super rad as shit and was more powerful in the past, but everything also gets worse with age" trope, but I'm still pretty bummed that we'll never actually see those full scale conflicts.
>>
>>51156339
This is one thing I felt Dark Souls 2 did decently, but could have done better with. We got to see a few glimpses of the old conflicts, and man were they fucked.
>Giants slamming their tremendous clubs into Royal Soldiers and crushing them with almost zero resistance
>Their bodies are so dense that nothing can actually hurt them short of your own ridiculously powerful Soul-imbued combat abilities
>The Giant King literally stands in the middle of a siege and tries to scrape you faggots off the wall, and while nothing else can hurt him, only YOU can
>Everlasting giant is possibly the old Giant King, and it loses its mind when it remembers who you are, thousands of years later
>>
>>51156380
Sorry Last* Giant
>>
>>51156380
Yeah. I get that 2 is generally considered the worst, but I still can't bring myself to dislike it. They were all great for different reasons.
>>
>>51144971
by screaming at it, then jumping on its neck and bashing it repeatedly over the head.
>>
File: shiggy diggy.png (92KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy.png
92KB, 240x240px
>>51156409
2 had Looking Glass Knight, the coolest dude ever
>>
>>51146283

Fire and darkness have no part in the creation of obsidian.

Source : am a geologist.
>>
>>51156453
> 50 strength.
> Two The Greatswords, each +10.
> Black Witches Staff in alt right hand slot.
> Buff left weapon with Dark Weapon.
> Buff right weapon with Gold Resin.
> Powerstance.

Of every way I've played a souls game, outside of bloodborne's "teleports behind you", this was my favorite build.
>>
>>51156409
Even if it's considered "The worst", if every other game is amazing, that still means it had to face fierce competition. I'd agree that it may be the worst in terms of purity, but it was still a very, very fun adventure.
>>
>>51156546
I had to think about that one for a second, you fucking madman genius you.
>>
Dragons are not killed, they are slain.

It takes a knight and an army. The army will weaken the dragon while the knight manages the finishing blow.

The toxicity of the blood of a dragon will sicken and even kill all involved, and permanently taint the land around it.
>>
File: bdh.png (2MB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
bdh.png
2MB, 1152x864px
>>51144971
By shooting at it until it dies.
>>
>>51144971
Rape
>>
>>51156785
Is that a mod/wad? I don't remember seeing that dragon in Hexen.
>>
>>51144971
I've heard stabbing then where the wings join the body is a good idea.
>>
>>51144971
With the Potion Seller's™ strongest potions hurr-hurr-hurr!
>>
File: beer fish.jpg (201KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
beer fish.jpg
201KB, 600x442px
>>51157122
What's wrong, friend?
>>
>>51145691
What if it's a green dragon?
>>
>>51157190
You wake up in the forest and start all over again.
>>
Dexterity Damage. Seriously.
>>
>>51156409
It still has the best PVP tho
>>
>>51144971
We tricked a black dragon to follow us into a windmill once and ignited the grain dust and collapsed it on him. Cost our dwarf bard his life (his plan) and we kinda ruined the village with the big lizard chasing us through houses and streets.
>>
>>51157619
Hell yes it does.

Manslayer+5 for the win.
>>
>>51145691
Venom and poison are two different things my man.
Venom HAS to be injected into something veins. If Venom is consumed its just digested and rendered harmless.
Poison is what your thinking of.

And most of the time weapons that are caught with natural poisons like arrow frogs or spider venom are not used to outright KILL the target just to slow them down enough for the hunter to catch up.
>>
>>51144971
Heavy artillery. Double load your cannon and bombards with powder and grapeshot or chainshot, angle them as high as tou can and fire into the dragons path. Fill the sky with fire and iron and hope you either drive it off or cripple a wing. If you manage that, put round shot into the founded beast until it stops moving.
>>
We had a voracious mess of a dragon that just kept eating and eating, even to its own detriment. So we basically baited the thing into town, and fed it stacks of poisoned foods. Like, literally tens of thousands of gold worth of carefully prepared food, where the overwhelming amount of spices and salts were enough that it couldn't detect the trace poisons, and it just consumed enough that it fell extremely ill. It didn't die on the spot, but a few days later, it just collapsed because it was too weak to acquire other means of food.
>>
I'd stick my peepee in it!
>>
I threw my horse like a club. It created a sonic boom that ruptured space and exploded the sun.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.