[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1279: Insert Witty Title Here Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 76

File: Jumpchain CYOA.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpchain CYOA.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51131596
>>
>>51141918
We've had this edition before, I'm pretty sure. Though I'll give you a 5/7 for effort.
>>
>>51141762
That reminds me, there isnt any jump that allows you to take home as a starting location right?
>>
>>51141923
I wouldn't be surprised. I feel like the 5/7 thing is a reference, though.
>>
>>51141937
Just go to a jump that's set on Earth where you get to choose where your starting location is.
>>
>>51141937
If I remember right one of the WoD jumps lets you have it be your original life but even more shit as an option
I think your home was included in that.
>>
6. King of Mortal Streetfighting Kombat
Perks: Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting, Ninjutsu, Taunt, Block, Energy Bar, Get Over Here, Multiplayer Mode, Teleport, Elemental Mastery (Water)
Items: Iconic Outfit, Passport, Money, Manager (Somni)

Zeke the Magical Karate Person: Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting, Taunt, Block, Energy Bar, Hyper Jump, Hadokumhahamha Wave, Too Stronk Please Nerf, Dragon Uppercut

8 broken noses
28 broken fingers
7 broken ribs
2 broken legs (simultaneous)
5 broken arms
1 popped eye
1 popped glass eye (in-socket)
6 concussions
Tinnitus from the cracks in my skull
Cauliflower ear
2 holes in my brain
a popped kidney
Uncountable lacerations
1/10 Tournaments Won

There are two reason I'm alive at the end of this jump: Burning Bright let me drain ambient luck so that I didn't bleed out in the street or have a stroke, and my companions are damn tough. Zeke takes twice the hits I do but stayed standing for the first 7 years. His head was half-caved in during a fight with some weird four-armed alien, and I had to drag him to the hospital after the match. Somni does a pretty good job using his psychic powers to chase things off or knock them out when he has to, but he's a fighting monster disguised as a little old man, so that should have been expected.

I'm getting some healing perks.

>>51141937
SBURB has an option for that, I think.
>>
>>51141937
...There's one, I think? Sburb has it as a possibility but it requires a mix of the endjump option and "your actual house"
>>
Would Gosu be a good example of Xianxia? If anyone who actually knows what that is.
>>
>>51142007
No. Gosu, like many other pieces of Korean fiction, is largely just embellished martial fantasy. You might be able to lump it under wuxia I guess.
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>51141879
Y'know what really mystifies me?

>It could even take the Slenderman hours to enter with enough training
>with enough training
>training
>Slenderman training

The mental image of THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP3MFBzMH2o

But with Slendy.

Just to break into your room.

What does this imply for the Feat Mythos drawback? ALL the Fears hitting the gym to break into your room? The afterlife doing squats while the Empty City pumps iron and the EAT rows...through itself?

>>51141987
>28 broken fingers and 8 broken noses

...remind me again, how many fingers do you have at this point?
>>
>>51142045
Gosu should get it's own jump once the manhwa is further along/finished.
>>
>>51141987
How'd you decide on the damage?
Did you have some sort of rolling system, or what?
>>
>>51142058
There are a lot of Korean stuff that should get their own jumps, just most people don't care enough to make a jump out of them.
>>
>>51142056
>...remind me again, how many fingers do you have at this point?
Fingers can be broken multiple times, just like any other part of the body.
>>
Reposting Generic Xianxia. Keep in mind that Xianxia Protagonist has yet to be changed.
>>
>>51142078
I'm assuming that it's still going to be yes?
Still refielding a question that managed to get lost last thread.
Does taking Mystic Being as an origin lock you out of training normally? I'd imagine it didn't and just offered more options, but I'd like to know.
Also what happens if you take mystic being perks as someone from another origin do they just werk?
>>
>>51142078
Peaked at the SB thread and saw that Protagonist is going to be a weaker version of the more specialized perks found in some of the origins. Will it stack with those specialized perks?
>>
>>51142101
>Does taking Mystic Being as an origin lock you out of training normally? I'd imagine it didn't and just offered more options, but I'd like to know.

No it does not.

>Also what happens if you take mystic being perks as someone from another origin do they just werk?

Yep.
>>
>>51141611
Headcanon it, honestly.
>>
>>51142129
Thanks for the quick answer. Glad it still works.
>>
>>51142124

There's probably going to be a note at document end stating such, but yes, it's a package deal and it does stack with the other perks.
>>
>>51142056
Not all at once.

>>51142059
I just looked up the various sort of injuries people get in street fights, which means I probably got a lot of exceptional stories. I added together a bunch of them at random. And made up the glass eye part because I read two stories on eyes being basically squelched in fights.

Then I threw in a cast of characters made up on the spot to see how it all played out.
>>
>>51142135
Nika Moth, how does the Sealing Sword actually seal things?
>>
>>51142078
You might want to respond to people in these threads rather then have all discussion be on SB.
>>
Jumpers!
Tell me about times that you tried to help!
And tell me about times where you ended up making everything worse.
>>
>>51142217
Be patient anon, he'll get to it.
>>
>>51142078

Did you consider my suggestion about making unlocking the fiat-based perks passed on via Newgenics tied to a ritual performed by someone already possessing the perk? It feels more thematic and eases the fact that fiat is already kinda something iffy to mess around with.
Plus it's thematic to have your descendants come to you once their time is ready
I'm trying to come up with more critique but nothing I can really give that doesn't line up with the source material (such as it is)
I'll admit I haven't given items a big look in because perks have a lot going on already
I like the reincarnation wheel a lot.
Overall it's a really appealing jump(at least to me) and a lot of what I'm saying is just cause I want it to be maximally fun to jump.
>>
>>51142226
I really helped out with sheep farming in Overlord!
I'm so happy that me and Demiurge were really able to make a truly sustainable and humane food source,
>>
>>51142226
Custom robo. I feed the hero combat data to hadron, and he closed all the backdoors I had into his programming.

I ended up teaming up with the PC and a Ambition'd Jameson in order to take him down.

We still almost lost.
>>
>>51142232

I was considering making it so it only passed down genetics, and you got to choose what genetics your progeny got.

This doesn't stop them from coming to you to git gud, of course.
>>
>>51142226
In most Jumps, I try to help out the characters I like at least a little, and improve society in some quality of life ways like improved water filtration and better batteries.
Don't be ridiculous. I have perks and a Mage of Mind companion for making sure my actions work out for the best.
>>
>>51142226
I tried to help unite the Ghouls and CCG in Tokyo Ghoul, by providing them a common enemy in the form of myself as an NGE Angel!

Not only did they keep fighting each other, some ghouls pledged their loyalty to me and helped sabotage both sides, while also causing them to fight each other even more. I ended up destroying the world because no one was willing to truly work together in order to beat me. For fuck's sake, I ended up with a cult of worshippers! All I wanted to was make peace, and I ended up being God King of a ruined world. This sucks.
>>
>>51142285

...I'm conflicted because it's a tiny bit more balanced but I really liked it as-is, just a tiny bit more staggered in certain abilities being passed down...in the end I leave this up to you
I do like the idea of supernatural stuff and usually non-inheritable skills being explicitly tied to genetics, it's been the holy grail of my eugenics project so I'd be sad if it got knocked down a few pegs but I'd understand.
>>
>>51142176
Are you talking about the Sealing Sword from Sailor Moon or the Sealing Sword from Fire Emblem Elibe?

If it's the Sealing Sword from Sailor Moon, it's based on the Sword of the Silver Crystal that was in the Manga. Iirc You just chant a phrase that's on the sword, and then stab the villain when the silver crystal shines. I'm going to go reread the manga again becuase I'm pretty sure I got this wrong and there's no mention of it online but I read it in the manga.

If you're talking about the Fire Emblem Elibe Sealing Sword, we're not entirely sure how it did that. We were just told the sword sealed Idoun away because Hartmund took pity on her and didn't want to kill her, so the empathetic abilities of the Sealing Sword gave it the power to seal her away. (If you think that's a silly explanation, I headcanon that the Sealing Sword was the very height of magical technology in Elibe at that time.)
>>
>>51142285
If it is just genetics you might want to sweeten the pot a bit, your children should be inheriting your genetic abilities regardless.

Perhaps any ability that can be inherited by your children to any extent is instead inherited at full strength.
>>
>>51142285
That's a little bit of a let down compared to how it was.
I get why you're considering it, but genetics could in a way be reasonably assumed to already be inheritable.
Although it is nice to be able to set them on a toggle for being passed down.
>>
>>51142370
And yeah I'm going to change stuff in the Sealing Sword so that it doesn't need the Silver Crystal to seal stuff away.
>>
>>51142366

How would you balance it as the original fiat-granting version, then?
>>
What's a good shapeshifting perk?
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>51142226
In order to get away from the hellhole of a planet we were living on, I tried to take my colony of dwarfs into space!

...unfortunately due to an unlucky role, when our magnetic space elevator was finished, it somehow got built pointing in the opposite direction. Its' test launch cracked through the bedrock.

And through the adamantium.

And into Hell.

Suffice to say our space program was cancelled after most of it was eaten by demons. But what alcohol taketh away, alcohol giveth. In the end we pulled back far enough to rally up with the other dwarven communities, gathered ALL the alcohol in the world, blessed it under Armok's name and flooded the gaping hole into Hell. Causing massive casualties through alcohol-laden steam burns. All the dwarves were arguing about who too blame at that point, so I just kept conjuring up alcohol and invited everyone to a distilled alcohol festival while the arguing continued. And then things just...kept escalating after the dwarf community became aware of a neverending booze flow somewhere.

Anyway, Elodie had gone out of town for a month to make the elves stop eating the dead, and she came back to find my space program had failed so hard, it had turned into an impromptu expedition to colonise Hell.

At which point she finally asked me why I didn't fly everyone up in a spaceship or something.

I just pointed at the crowd of alcohol, which contained dwarves, and then at my lovingly polished spaceship seats.
>>
>>51142370
Oh, I meant the Fire Emblem Elibe one, I didn't even know Sailor Moon had one.

Seeing that pic though, when did that happen? Was that how the original incarnation of Queen Beryl died/got sealed?
>>
>>51142410
This>>51142375
Perhaps not granting Fiat based stuff but letting the child of a Solar exalt into another Solar (like Dragon Bloods) instead of becoming a half caste. It would also be a good if it keeps the bloodline from diluting.
>>
>>51142428
omega molecular manipulation in Xmen movies.
Gravity Falls has one that can do surreal stuff.
The shapeshifting perks in Inuyasha and Gunnerkreig court are top notch as well.
You might not want to buy the add on for the last one though.
>>
Jumpers, if you had a film studio, what would you name it?
>>
>>51142460

So basically Chosen of the Elemental Dragons but for much more than just Dragonbloodedness?

>Goddammit captcha stop giving me storefronts!
>>
>>51142078
A longer stay either needs to be +0 or capped somehow. As is you can easily buy everything in jump plus a nice long time to train everything up.
>>
>>51142410
Perhaps not mentioning fiat directly but still letting things with mystical or supernatural backing get passed down would do it. Things like perks that are abilities or traits could be included rather than things that just exist.
That way odd stuff like having noble property appear or having people show up that look like old friends doesn't cause strange narrative conflicts.
Altforms could probably be included as well without being too out there.

I'm no jumpmaking expert but that would do it for me.
>>
>>51142514
If you're willing to spend hundreds of quadrillions of years there then you deserve everything in the jump.
>>
>>51142512
Are you getting the ones where it says 'click enter when no more storefronts remain'? Those are usually buggy, just refresh and take another one.
>>
File: fix this shit.png (267KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
fix this shit.png
267KB, 500x402px
>>51142226
I always think a lot about how I'm going to fix a situation and the potential consequences if I fuck up or the stuff that could go wrong. If I feasibly can't change a situation, I'll do my best to alleviate the consequences when it does happen Not too hard now, since I have the custom element of Hope from Captain Planet which helps me deal with negative consequences[/spoil].

That being said, I nipped the Loptyr Cult situation from Geneology of the Holy War in the bud before any bad shit happened, saved Allenby from that dickhead politician Wong in G Gundam, killed Kefka before he could become the god of magic, planning on restoring a bunch of post-apocoplaytic wasteland worlds from destruction (and have restored one), and I'm planning on preventing a lot of tears in Trigun. Or at the very least, stopping Wolfwood's death (I have never emotionally recovered from his death. He didn't deserve it.) and trying to help give Knives and Legato therapy.

Stepping in and fixing shit is the best part of jumpchain in my mind. If I stay out of trouble when I know I can help, I feel really guilty about it. If I don't my mind does pic related to me.
>>
>>51142512
>Chosen of the Elemental Dragons
Not entirely sure what that is, but basically just if it can be inherited in any form your decedents will inherit it at full strength (even if it would normally be inherited in a lesser form).

Seems like it would be a good compromise that doesn't go into the rabbit hole of inheriting all my fiat perks.

Question does this perk work for the other parent's Genetic/inheritable traits too? Said traits of your child's mate going into the grandchild?
>>
>>51142530
In a setting where spending millions to billions of years training is totally normal you should not get thousands of extra points just for staying around that long.
>>
>>51142591
>Question does this perk work for the other parent's Genetic/inheritable traits too? Said traits of your child's mate going into the grandchild?

If they have Newgenics too, then yes.
>>
>>51142438
It happened at the end of the first arc of Sailor Moon. Although it just killed Beryl's flesh body through a botched sealing attempt.

Metallia, the true villain, was too powerful to be sealed and just absorbed the power of the Silver Crystal when they tried to seal her for some reason when that didn't happen when Queen Serenity sealed her with the Silver Crystal
>>
>>51142619
Is Newgenics inheritable?
>>
>>51142514
I don't really think it needs to be hard capped.
Or at least it shouldn't be capped low.
Spending eons in a setting where sociopaths with too much power are rather common doesn't seem like the healthiest plan.
Especially not when escalation goes as hard as it does in genre. Eventually you're going to get in over your head.

I wouldn't say it's 40k dangerous, but it's not a picnic if you don't use the drop in capstone to hide in the kiddie pool.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>51142482
Well, I did have one thanks to Hollywood jump. It's called The Cage. Because I made movies that were like a combination between Syfy movies if they were made with Netflix original quality, and with most of the main characters being played by clones of Nicholas Cage. I had an entire cloning facility in the back for mass-producing Nicholas Cages.

If I had one NOW though, I'd probably call it "my brain". Because I can turn crystalise my memories into castles that partially recreate them Reality Marble-style.

Sort of like-this, in fact: http://sunlesssea.gamepedia.com/The_Corridors_of_Frostfound#The_Dark_Room

I know, 3D's a stupid gimmick. But I'm telling you guys, 5D's the future.
>>
>>51142410
Honestly, I kinda agree with >>51142460 and >>51142528

Should be that supernatural, superheroic and mystical
I guess my main thing is that it should FEEL like a Lamarck Was Right perk.
Maybe it should just be that it allows you to pass down intrinsic abilities(stuff like superpowers even if they're granted by say, a radioactive spider bite or by being possessed by a spirit) and skills, yeah. Not necessarily every fiat perk, but anything that is insintric that you/an obvious part of your abilities rather than abstract stuff like plot armor or fate
>>
>>51142482
Delphi Studios. The twist is that every movie is a preenactment of something that might happen in the future.
>>51142651
You still have a brain?
>>
>>51142650
Eh, tons of sociopaths and escalation is the only reason I see it giving points at all instead of just being a free training time excuse.

Just fucking off and training for a few thousand+ years if you need to is pretty easy given how many people do it in these settings, not even counting protagonists. Especially since until you spend those thousands of years training you are going to be beneath the notice of anyone thats an actual threat.
>>
>>51142482
Jumper pictures; seriously all my businesses that follow me in the chain are called Jumper something, something jumper, or something similar.
>>
>>51142482
The Humble Moth!
>>
>>51142686

...all right, you've convinced me. It shall be as you say.
>>
>>51142650
On a what you're likely to run into scale it's a hell of a lot more dangerous then 40k. Think DBZ but everyone trains instead of just the heroes and everyone is Vegeta.
>>
File: JC6.jpg (78KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
78KB, 1328x585px
>>51142703
Well, when I remember to have one. I mean, I SAY brain when I mean "crystalised atelier-chapel of song and dream forged into a vessel that can hold a sliver of my intellect". Sometimes when I think hard about something, they just kind of...freeze into existence from the sheer force of my thinking about one thing for too long amidst my supernal flames. Like icebergs, or handfuls of sand being blown into glass.

They don't tend to last very long unless I fish them out, though. I think so hard I tend to make my brains explode.

>>51142758
...speaking of DBZ, is it true Zamasu assimilated the entire multiverse Dormamu-style in the finale of DBZ super?
>>
>>51142758
I was going for a more metaphysical danger thing.
No need to worry about Chaos bullshit or getting your soul sucked out like a smoothie for being around or just plain being a psyker.
Sure the biggatons are a lot higher in xianxia, but you aren't going to have to worry about the warp imploding on top of you.
>>
>>51142813
Yeah he absorbed the Future Trunks multiverse. Zeno one shot him. Zamzasu isn't the finale I believe.
>>51142817
Uh I hate to break it to you but that is a thing you have to worry about in some stuff. Multiverses occasionally get broken in fights ans sometimes people will collapse planes of reality because they're really shoddly built (Coiling Dragon).
>>
>>51142056
>But with Slendy.
>Just to break into your room.
Now we know why he wants to kill you, you forced him into a Training Montage to keep up.
>>
>>51142686
>pass down intrinsic abilities(stuff like superpowers even if they're granted by say, a radioactive spider bite or by being possessed by a spirit)
Starting a clan of ghost riders would be cool.
>>
>>51142817
the scary biggatons are usually in higher realms/outside the small world where you start anyway
>>
>>51142735
In order to train effectively you need to go to placed suited for doing so, as you get stronger you'll need to go to more powerful locations with more powerful people. As you get higher and higher you'll find you are needing to spend time in places where everyone is a Xianxia Sociopathic Protagonist to get any stronger.
>>
>>51142813
It wasn't the finale, but yes. Zamasu merged with the Future Multiverse, and wiped out all life except for himself and the main cast (Bulma, Vegeta, Future Mai and Trunks, and Goku). It drove him insane though, like Giygas level insane, all he could do was laugh, no rational thought left. He did show fear and pain when the Omniking killed him with one shot, though.
>>
Jump # 162 Ghost in the Shell
Starting Location: U.K. (Yay I get a sexy accent)
Background: Hacker (100) (It wouldn’t be cyberpunk without computer hacking)
Perks:
*Humaniod Calculator (0)
*Super-Class-A (300 , Discount) (Fear my 1337 hacking skills)
*The Rumor Mill (150, Discount)
*Well Read (100)
*Friends in High Places (300)

Equipment:
*Dummy Barrier (0)

Augmentations
*Basic Cyberization (0)

50 CP Donated to buy this jump some 50 CP Items, Companion imports, and Canon Companions.

It’s funny how I always seem to run in to groups of certain types of worlds. Cyberpunk seems to be the Jumpchan’s flavor of the day. It was strange finding myself on this world in the U.K. I didn’t even really know where I was until I heard some internet chatter about the Laughing man and saw a familiar logo.

Being way away from the plot I decided worked as a freelance hacker. I usually fought for the little guy, tried to help those who were wronged by large corporations who illegally exploited them or cybercriminals who were hurting innocent people. I even managed to bring down a few cyberterrorists and gained a bit of a fallowing.

I even managed to do a bit of work for the police when someone let loose a ghost hacking virus that was making people reenact the Jack the Ripper killings. It felt good to catch that sick bastard.

Probably the most impressive thing that I did though was through foreknowledge. I managed to contact the U.S. Submarine before it went in to radio silence to launch the nukes at japan and convince them to drop the order. This in turn meant that the Tachikomas didn’t have to sacrifice their satellite containing their AIs to stop the missiles so they kept their personalities. Though that little stunt broke a few laws and required me calling in an absurd amount of favors.
>>
>>51142861
Hm, I admit I forgot about that aspect of the setting. I still dislike the idea of getting multiple capstones worth of cp when your starting budget can make you a xianxia protagonist by itself but I will concede the issue.
>>
>>51141937
Sburb and Youtube do, I believe.
>>
>>51142514
You can also do that with other jumps like w40k and I don't see anyone complaining.
>>
>>51142988
>I don't see anyone complaining

...hoo boy. You weren't around for it but. Let's just say there WAS complaining, and as a third party I got the impression all parties involved agreed to disagree rather than concede on either side at the time.
>>
File: 001.jpg (173KB, 1250x698px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
173KB, 1250x698px
What are the best exotic materials you can acquire on the chain?
>>
Just updated the Jump List. As always let me know if anything is missing or wrong.
>>
>>51143236
Magical materials from Exalted are quite nice. Indestructible, easily enchanted, and they even have the option for channeling geomantic energy through hearthstones.

There's also Uru, Admantium, and Vibranium from the Marvel jumps. Those are always useful in some way.

If you're willing to fanwank really hard you could do a lot with the various metals from Terraria. They all have strange properties in some fashon. Although since it's a sandboxish game they don't really get into the grit of the matter.

There's also the materials from Endless Legend as well as dust if that counts.
>>
>>51143236

Chrono trigger has quite a few. Sunstone, Rainbow Shell, the like
>>
>>51142428
Go Ditto in Pokemon.

You should see some of the shit that a Ditto can pull off. It's amazing.
>>
File: 524.jpg (418KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
524.jpg
418KB, 1280x901px
Feedback on Space Station 13 Jump (v0.6)

Can we take the Heretic perk multiple times, for both gods? Or does picking one lock out the other?

Might want to change the name of the Noir mutation to "Noir Filter" or "Noir Sight" because having two things with the same name in the same jump is begging for confusion.

Do all the companions in the "Companions" section take up active companion slots? Asking because some of these don't seem like they rate being full companions rather than pets or summons.

Please sort the items, either by price or by background. I know you're probably going to do this eventually.

Energy sword is listed as "discount Energy Sword". I'm assuming this isn't meant to be a tautological discount.

Noticed the "The Blob" drawback has some wonky pricing - it says it's 500/600, but the text says "for an extra +300...". So either that should be +300/+600 or "for an extra +100..." in the text.

Can you please make the limit on drawbacks a little clearer? Does it mean I can take 800cp worth of normal drawbacks and then one increased stakes drawback (so, 800cp + one 600cp increased stakes drawback for +1400cp?)

>>51142889
>50 CP Donated to buy this jump some 50 CP Items, Companion imports, and Canon Companions.
I too donated 50cp to buy this poor jump some items, but Jump-chan didn't pay it forward to the jump maker.
>>
File: adorable slime.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adorable slime.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
>>51143236
The Slime plorts from Slime Rancher are surprisingly useful if you can overlook the fact that you're literally farming slime shit. Although it comes in little diamond-shaped bits.

They've got a bunch of uses, and you can just scroll to the end of the jump for info on them.

Also they're adorable! I'm gonna get a tabby slime for a pet~
>>
7. Avatar The Last Airbender
Origin: Water Tribe Nomad, Age: 11
Perks: Bending Arts, Lifebending, Bending Genius
Items: Clothing, Waterskins, Original Master, Master's Scroll (Water)
Drawbacks: Pacifist, Into The Inferno

I'm not in the mood to fight anymore. I'm in the mood to hide, and run, and heal, and maybe have a bit of fun mocking the people who chase me. Until Aang insists on fixing the problem, in about 6 years, I'm just going to spend my day playing cat and mouse with the Fire Nation Army. Zeke and Somni are the real liabilities for the running away game. They want to test out bending and see how well it works with their old abilities. Somni has taken up capturing fire nation soldiers that find us and hypnotizing them while they're frozen in ice. Apparently it makes it easier to implant sleeper suggestions, like having soldiers suddenly start acting like chickens when told to man the catapult. I'd be amused if I weren't so disturbed by the hypnotist pokemon's casual mindrape. Zeke uses waterbending to enhance his ability to punch people. I only find that disturbing because of the drawback. He likes fighting and robbery. He'd be a bandit if I didn't keep him pointed at acceptable targets.

I can generate water at will thanks to Generic Fighting Game, and waterbending synergizes really well with it. It's probably one of the weakest mystic healing effects in Jumpchain, but it does it's job and can be used to make snowmen, so I give it a pass.

>>51143236
Commoragh has some pretty great exotic materials. Right at the start of the items section, and cheap too.
>>
>>51143236
If you go to one of the marvel jumps you should try to get Adamantine. It's the stuff Heracles' mace is made out of. It's indestructible like adamantium. Also if you have a helmet or your skull is plated with it, apparently it makes you immune to mind control or magical influence (like illusions) also it's immune to molecular manipulation.
>>
>>51143447
>I too donated 50cp to buy this poor jump some items, but Jump-chan didn't pay it forward to the jump maker.

Well maybe she did but it wasn't enough maybe more people have to donate 50 cp from the jump. Also posting that they did would probably be a good idea too.
>>
>>51143236
Metallic luck.
>binbougami fortune energy and whatever
>god of war Peasant capstones+capstone booster

Make your armor out of luck. You're unstoppable.

Fashion the metal into wire spools, then use that perk for combining things (something something peelable pineapples) to fuse it with a spool of thread.

So you can now make clothing out of luck.

Make jewelry too. Pacemakers would be cool as fuck as well. Magic lucky pacemakers.
>>
Jumpers!
Have you picked up any vulnerabilities from your choices?
I don't mean something like a vampire's weakness to sunlight or the like either.
I was reading through a jump's drawbacks when I saw blindness as a lower option, and I realized that would be particularly bad for me because of how many eye based abilities I've picked up.
>>
>>51143568
Do you know if we're allowed to roll the same station for the second half of the jump as we picked for the first or do they have to be different?
>>
>>51143706
I picked up a weakness to hunger after long periods because I like cooking and want an excuse to do it.
>>
>>51143706
> I don't mean something like a vampire's weakness to sunlight or the like either.
Then I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by vulnerabilities?

I mean, taking a stab at the dark in intent here, I've picked up a lot of "turn my heart into an item that grants power" perks, so as a result if I "die", as long as my heart survives, I'll come back as good as new.
My heart is also mobile, can be implanted into other bodies, and is capable of attacking by itself. It's more accurate to say that my heart is the "core me", because if I'm reduced to it, I'm still perfectly aware and somewhat able to do things like run or defend myself to a degree.
But, as a direct result of turning my heart into my core backup unit, it's also my weak spot. "Attack the core for massive damage" style. Though it'd probably explode when destroyed. Violently. I'm gonna say it'd take out at least a city.
But, ironically, this means the best way to defeat me is to literally break my heart.

I should probably name it, given it's practically a minor artifact by now, but I'm too lazy, so it remains "my ridiculous magitek heart" for now.

Other than that, and flying in the face of your "I don't mean", I'm kindof weak to fire, on account of the partially plant-based biology and that one perk from Boktai.
Though I imagine that as more of a Superman, "I just don't have any particular defense against it" deal.
>>
Would penance stare work on a dementor?
>>
>>51143830
Doesn't the target have to feel guilty about their actions or something?
I doubt Dementors feel anything close to remorse.
>>
>>51143830
Dementors don't have a soul, which is about the only requirement for a Penance Stare.
>>
>>51144007
No, the target is not required to feel guilt. All they need is a soul and sin.
>>
>>51144007
I believe it's considered old testament style judgement, where regardless of how you feel about your actions, you are still punished for them.
>>
>>51143813
I didn't really think through the phrasing very well. Vulnerabilities might not have been the best way to put it either.
Basically I was wondering if anyone had tied a not insignificant amount of their power into a single methodology.
For me a blindness drawback would take out something like 15+ abilities
I probably should have just asked if anyone has found themselves in a position where a low value drawback is more damaging than a higher tier one.
>>
>>51144042
Tell that to Frank.
>>
>>51144052
Frank has plot armor that would rival Batman or Constantine's. He doesn't count.
>>
>>51144042
>>51144044
Well then now we need to know if:
A. Dementors have souls.
and
B. What happens to the souls that Dementors eat
and
C. Is it okay to burn potentially innocent people's souls that are inside a Dementor, just to hurt the Dementor?
>>
>>51144085
If the souls that Dementors devour are still within them, it would fall under the "Guess you have a soul now, huh?" clause. Also, in that case, usually it's a mercy kill for any innocent souls trapped within.

Also I just realized a Penance Stare would one shot Alucard.
>>
>>51144117
>Also I just realized a Penance Stare would one shot Alucard.
Heh, yeah.
I'd be like watching a dryad fight a woodchipper.
>>
>>51144117
Wait, would Penance Stare even do enough damage to a Dementor to 'kill' it?
Haven't the wizards tried everything, even as dumb as they are?
>>
>>51143242
Looks like you're missing Ghost Rider
>>
>>51144192
Apparently it one shots everyone no matter how strong they are
>>
File: crazy universe.jpg (64KB, 500x182px) Image search: [Google]
crazy universe.jpg
64KB, 500x182px
So, buying the tsundere S.H.O.D.A.N. in Space Station 13 and installing it into the Narada we can buy in NuTrek, bad idea or greatest idea?
>>
File: JC8.jpg (207KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.jpg
207KB, 630x345px
>>51143706
Well, until recently? I'd compressed so many physical and metaphysical laws into one superstructure that I effectively can't take any fiat-enforced "you've gone full psycho" perks. I've completed sublimated my physical form into my will and psyche, which means bad things happen when I start losing control. Because the problem with building failsafes into yourself, OUT of yourself is...you tend to do what you want. Which is unfortunate when want you WANT is to scream back at the voices in your head.

Also, my reliance on avatars means while I'm not exactly vulnerable to space-manipulating dimensional magics, unlike most other things they stand a chance of actually hitting me. Fundamentally an avatar of myself is a portal being waved through reality that I push spiritual energy through like blowing a bubble-which the rest of me then uses as a peephole. And getting poked in the metaphorical eye hurts. Over the years I've refined myself to refine how I interact with the world so avatars aren't my only option or to mess with eldritch mathematics so the avatar and the portal don't have to connect visibly, but it's still a significant security risk.

Also, I find attacks empowered by friendship or otherwise selfless compassion (not capital C Exalted!Compassion) harder to deal with because a tiny part of my otherwise determined self doesn't want to fight.

I'm pretty sure it's tied into my Greater and lesser Imperfection as a DT, actually. While the buffed version of Disgaea's Noble Demon does help with those to an extent, it does mean I have to swear a given oath very. Carefully.

>>51143830
No idea, but regular ol' hellfire works just fine for hurting things the Stare doesn't for some reason. Blaze incinerates some demons just fine.

>>51144134
If you used the Angel Rider version he'd die happily too. Folks sometimes forget he lost the will to live a while ago. Even his abridged version recently confirmed that.
>>
>>51144049
Ah! Well, in that case...
I think there are a few drawbacks that basically make you bad at technology. They are usually pretty cheap.
Given my heavy, heavy reliance on science and machines, even a drawback as simple as "things tend to malfunction around you!" is horrifyingly debilitating to me. My entire warehouse has even been retrofitted into a technological fortress, the most benign thing being the temperature system, which consists of entire walls dedicated to nothing but heating coils and fans.
It was, uh, an early project. Sometimes you just look at something (like, say, a space heater), and say "This works. Let's just upscale it a hundred times."
So, anyway, I prettymuch can't take any drawbacks related to "you can't tech anymore".

I've also talked about it before, but... I don't really fight or test my limits or anything a whole lot? So, as a result, I'm not well versed at it. I'm basically Freeza over here.
So, what happens is, there are drawbacks scattered about the chain with scaling enemies? And those are really scary for me. Because I don't know what I'm doing. But, I would have to assume, if an enemy scaled to my power level? They WOULD.
So I always read those drawbacks as, "Here's an enemy with a level of power you're only theoretically capable of yourself. They also know how to use it better than you ever will, and they probably want to kill you."
I've heard some jumpers would rather have scaling enemies than a loss to their own power. Not me.
>>
>>51144192
It depends on how many sins the Dementor has done, and how big those sins were. But yeah, usually it'll kill them outright.

>>51144219
Eh, not really. Firstly, see above. Secondly, there are some characters powerful enough that it doesn't really work. Like, you might affect Galactus (going by the cartoons) but not Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. And even in the case of Galactus, which may or may not be valid given that it was a cartoon, it didn't kill him, it just caused him great pain and knocked him out.
>>
So with the Jumper drawback in the new Fate jump do we have the same thing going on with our future self that Shirou had with Archer? Would we get some of their memories?
>>
>>51144243
Nope. Not even with the memory bleed perk.
>>
>>51144229
>madmen exist that take scaling enemies over powerloss
Is this really true? You've got like a 50/50 shot unless you've got relevant companions.
I guess if you don't need to win in an actual fight it's not a coinflip suicide, but it's still a poor choice.
>>
>>51144192
>>51144241
I thought the Penance stare was more traumatising to the point that someones mind shuts down rather than lethal?
>>
>>51144208
Thank you. Adding it now. That means we're actually at 730 jumps.
>>
>>51144251
Nope, depending on the version it can literally burn your soul. It's definitely lethal, though.
>>
>>51144259
Party when we break 1000
>>
What kind of shenanigans can someone with Strong Spark from Girl Genius get up to?
>>
>>51144241
I wonder if you could use the penance stare on anyone that had the power cosmic.
Given that it replaces your soul would it still count as having something soul enough there to be affected?
>>
>>51144285
Full AI. For robots, doomtrains, or deathtrap castles.

Giant doom-trains that don't need rails, that can absorb metal, and magnetize non-ferrous things.

Timetravel. (and timestop devices.)

Resurrection. (It's actually easier for a strong spark to kill someone and resurrect them, than to cure a particular disease).

Biological horrors, and clanks (robots).

Lots of death rays.

And much, much more.
>>
>>51144285
>>51144387
Oh, there's also:

Swapping people's minds with other people, or animals, or robots.

Making lifelike remote-controlled decoy bodies.

Mindcontrol wasps.

...and that's all that comes to mind immediately.
>>
>>51144387
Cool. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>51142078
This is not a note, more of a praise I suppose but here it goes.
Thank you for the A Special Trait option. I couldn't have done my succubus jumper without it.
I also love the Portable House. So cosy.
>>
Jump #245: Medaka Box
>The Moon (reversed): Increased psychic abilities. Temptations, small problems and minor setbacks overcome.
>Age: 11
>Location: Hakoniwa Academy
>Identity: Minus
>Drawbacks: Minus (+300)
Fragile relationships, useless work, and empty victories. Mm. And yet I keep searching for those empty victories for some reason, don't I?
>Ice Fire (900, Minus)
Come to think of it, I don't think I have any abilities that let me do what this does, changing my body temperature to extremes. Which would, at least in theory, also grant the ability to survive these extremes.
>Real Eater (400, Minus)
Yeah, yeah, OP plz nerf, etc, get over it. Keep in mind that it can only alter ONE aspect about whatever it changes.
>Black Ogre (300)
Well, if I can change my temperature to the extremes that I can, I'll need a garment that can withstand that, right?
>Normalize Liquid (0)
Any ability that can be toggled gets turned off, huh? Well, it might not make Superman a mortal, but it'll keep him from flying or using laser eyes.

So... things were are as over the top as one could expect when it comes to anime. But that's okay. It's to be expected. I'm not going to be taking the center stage here by any means, even if I am dragged into events tangentially. I can accept that, so long as I know when to step back and let the alleged heroes take care of things the way that they can.

It's not the most entertaining way to spend ten years, but sometimes there's more value to be had in being part of the supporting cast rather than having the lead role. And the crap that the lead roles have to deal with is on a scale that I haven't wanted to deal with since Naruto and its bullshit.
>>
>>51144502
Oh, and on the earlier note about Real Eater and But I Don't Wanna Go To School Today, from Imaginary Friend, the one that someone was griping about in the thread before last??

The perk I chose to bestow was Freelancer's Talents, from Anima. (You don't want to go to school? Okay, but we can't let you lag behind. Now you're a professional student, you poor kid.) So I could either give it to an arbitrary number of people at once, shorten the time in between giving it out, or give another perk and still be restricted to being able to use this ability on an annual basis. This is NOT how you game the system in order to mass-distribute perks to your companions and the locals. Well, unless you have a particular perk that you feel the world would really benefit from, and convince a LOT of people to sit down and have a ten minute meditation with you.

Incidentally, if you shorten the time in between periods where you can give a perk out to be no longer than the time it takes to give it, you'll find that you can give it to just over 50,000 people in a year if you run around doing absolutely nothing BUT giving out that ability. Jailbroke? Pff, myth busted.

Really, you should be MUCH more worried about me taking Fastest Thing Alive from Sonic and potentially upping the speed cap from Mach 25 to Warp 10. I WILL achieve peak fast.
>>
>>51144244
Where did Val say that?
>>
>>51144514
...Except all of those make the perk you're changing more powerful.

Which Real Eater can't do. To qoute: "The new property must be of a similar type and strength as the old one."

Tough shit. None of those would work.
>>
>>51144560
Well aren't you just a regular ray of sunshine.

I disagree with your assessment, but that's irrelevant, as this will literally never come up again.
>>
>>51144580
Not him but...what? How can you seriously thing any of those changes are following the rules Real Eater has? Any of them make it way better except maybe the changing what perk it grants one.
>>
>>51144560
>>51144594
Pretty sure Crux is just shitposting now.
>>
File: 4629.jpg (257KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
4629.jpg
257KB, 850x1203px
>>51144546
Sorry, that was me, forgot to have my name on.

It's meant to be a drawback, a 600cp one. If you're absorbing years of skill and knowledge every second/minute of being around your future self, it's really not going to be much of a drawback.
>>
>>51144594
It doesn't really matter, as I'm never going to use it, does it?

>>51144605
I can take shitposts, apply Real Eater to them, and convert it to manure which can be used to grow crops! IT'S GENIUS, I TELL YOU!
>>
>>51144614
Oh, crap, minor correction. Memory Bleed does work on them, just not at Shirou speeds. And you don't get any memories naturally.
>>
See? Told you he was shitposting.
>>
>>51144629
Clearly, there is only thing we can do.

We must use Real Eater to turn his shitposts into cleanposts!
>>
>>51144641
Maybe we can turn crux into someone entertaining. But alas, it has to be similar in type.
>>
>>51144641
Haha.
>>
Am I not allowed to have a little fun once in a while? Yeesh. Try to get some anons to crack a smile, no, Crux must be shitposting...

Besides, those ideas that I threw out at random were just that, random ideas that I didn't bother to think out because I have NO INTENTION OF USING THEM, AS STATED. God damn.

Except for fast, because as the great Ian Malcolm always said, must go faster.
>>
File: 1481410465888.gif (5MB, 600x285px) Image search: [Google]
1481410465888.gif
5MB, 600x285px
>>51143236
Mu Metal from Guardians of Ga'Hoole is weird, protecting stuff behind it from 'magnetic fields' without a proper faraday cage.

>>51143568
Pretty sure the jump-maker for that one is long gone, sadly, so our donations are for naught.

>>51143706
My jumper suffers somewhat in the brute force category. I mean, they're still stronger than anything they're likely to come across, but I haven't focused on it.

>>51144223
>not taking the SHODAN nerve bundle from System Shock, importing as tsundachi in HeroBBS to giver her the tsun personality, then also buying tsun!SHODAN in SS13 for maximum tsun.

>>51144641
But aren't cleanposts are superior to shitposts, so we can't real eater them?
>>
>>51143242
Shouldn't Eldar be listed as 'Warhammer 40,000: Craftworld Eldar'?

Also, 'Warhammer 40,000: Freelancer' is missing.
>>
>>51144660
You might want to try something that has less bad history behind it perhaps.

Also you're not very funny and mostly rely on memes I find but that's a separate issue
>>
>>51144650
An entertaining poster is the same type as a boring poster, though. So, technically...

>>51144663
Shit, that's a good point.

>>51144660
>joke
>implying literal figurative wizard nazis can make jokes
Next you'll tell me that titlets aren't for bullying.
>>
>>51144687
Nah, see, entertaining and boring are different categories. Except when they aren't. So what you have to do is real eater your real eater until it eats your real and your reail becomes real and you get eaten. blarglesmorsh
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (48KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
48KB, 400x302px
>>51144682
>not very funny and mostly rely on memes

>>51144697
Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.
>>
>>51144697
Of course, why didn't I think of that! Thanks, anon!
>>
>>51144707
I find you funny Crux!
>>
Jumpers, have you ever tasted the long pork?
>>
>>51144678
Thanks, must have missed it.

731 jumps.
>>
>>51144720
What? No. Why eat something that tastes like pork when I can have actual pork?
>>
>>51144707

Is that JD?
>>
>>51144768
Yup. And moot is superimposed on Dr.Cox. It's from that one sad episode of Scrubs.
>>
>>51144768
Of course that's JD.

We're all JD, Bee. He is the everyman.
>>
>>51144720
I have been know to...experiment. It's not like it is unnatural for some of my alt-forms to eat raw human. All those different tastebuds mean you have to try new things with foods.

As a human? Not a fan. If you aren't going to eat it raw, you might as well go for regular pork.
>>
Does music count as an artistic endeavour?
>>
>>51144663
>but aren't cleanposts are
What the hell, hands.

>>51144248
I have taken scaling enemies, but only if I've still got a clear edge in one way or another - like if they have "ability equal to your Jumper's skills and powers" but nothing to equal their out-of-jump gear and companions.
But most of the time I'd rather not.

>>51144720
I've said it before, but most long-chain jumpers will probably end up doing that at some point. Usually some place like Jurassic Park, Zerg, Hellsing...those kind of jumps where you're probably a dragon or monster and it doesn't technically count as cannibalism.
>>
>>51144835
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>51144841
Just wanted to make sure, I was looking at a perk and I wanted to make sure it counted before I grabbed it. Trying to improve my musical skills, already went to Musician, Macross, and Symphogear, and I want to keep going.
>>
>>51144835
I'm pretty sure music has long been considered to be a part of the arts.
>>
>>51144853
Alright, that's good to know, thanks anon.
>>
I found this perk a long time ago and haven't been able to locate it since. You would spend an hour drinking with someone, and it will count as if you had spent the whole night drinking and talking. All social interactions are treated as if they lasted longer and were more meaningful.

Does anyone know where this comes from?
>>
>>51144891
It's the Ashikagi capstone from Sekirei.
>>
>>51144922
Thanks! I've been looking for that forever.
>>
>>51144614
Valeria, do you play League?
>>
File: Captains can marry people.jpg (132KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
Captains can marry people.jpg
132KB, 500x543px
>>51136149
So, I missed this last thread. But just in case you see this later, Red. I wanted to comment.

I absolutely love what you're doing with the perk for the jump, and finalizing a build's going to be excruciating. So that's good.

...But I do have one thing I'm unsure about. Why are the custom companions 8 (or 12!) times as expensive as the import?

They only seem to gain 100cp more, and some mundane skills for the 8x ones (minor skills at that, with the exception of Faheem who sounds like he has decades of experience). In return for being ONLY being able to get those specific perks.

The Enlightened Teacher is the only one that seems worth this price hike, and that's only IF she actually knows a whole damn lot more about magic than you.

Because right now, the companion option actually doesn't mention that she does. Only that she teaches, and has the Enlightenment perk. A companion with 400 of their 500cp spend on Enlightenment would be able to teach just as well as it currently stands.
>>
Working on a specific Jumpchain build, and I need some help; what perks can Companions pick up in-chain that allow for hive-minds and/or controlling multiple independent, unique-looking bodies?
>>
>>51145281
Fate/Stay Night and Libriomancer have some of those.
>>
Are custom companions aware that you created them? I'm thinking particularly of Custom NPCs from Overlord series.
>>
>>51145305
Are you sure you did? Maybe the Benefactor searched the omniverse for a multiverse that had the companions you wanted.
>>
>>51145281
Hive Queen Quest.

>>51145305
Normally I'd say that's up to you, but custom NPC'S I think explicitly know, don't they? The other options in that jump don't know iirc, but custom NPC'S know your background made them... Or maybe you, if you're a drop in.
>>
>>51145305
Not sure about normal ones, but considering what the Custom NPCs from Overlord are based on... Yes, those are aware you created them.

...Though, they are custom, so maybe you can make them not remember?
>>
File: 888.jpg (167KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
167KB, 850x1133px
>>51144993
Nope. Online multiplayer games aren't really my thing, outside of fighting stuff.

It does have some cute girls and guys though. Hence the pics.
>>
>>51145340
Yeah, Instant IP does some pretty great 'art'.
>>
>>51145330
>>51145339
It's kinda creepy to create a sentient being that has no choice but to be completely loyal to you.
>>
>>51145428
They have a choice, they can be completely loyal or they can cease to exist and be replaced with someone who is.
>>
>>51145428
At this point no one has a choice, not even me. You're either loyal or you never existed to begin with.
>>
>>51145450
That's not what inspires loyalty in custom NPC's if you want it. You get to write their backstory and personality basically.
If you go 42nd Supreme this has to be unfailing devotion and loyalty because that's in the backstory of all Nazarick NPC's.
>>
>>51144720
I went Them origin in High School of the Dead. I became very, very familiar with the taste by the time everything was said and done.
>>
>Its true power comes when it is diluted with another potion, pill, drug or ointment. When this occurs, the benefits granted by the added drug become permanent, and all of their drawbacks are nullified.

Any ideas what would work well for this? Currently all I can come up with is felix felicis from HP.
>>
>>51145489
Venom from DC?
>>
>>51145489
TES alchemy with some low duration but incredibly potent potions (+500 int for 1 second, water breathing, water walking, resistance to element, etc.).
Ki enhancing pills
Mana and health restoring potions
>>
>>51145489
>>51145510
As much Morrowind skooma as physically possible. Literally all the skooma there is in the country.
>>
>>51145489
There's probably a shit load of drugs in generic Xianxia it would be good with.
Maybe Felix Felicis as well to get some serious luck going on.
>>
>>51145489
So many potions from D&D. Magic Fang, Good Hope, Magic Vestment, all the Animal stats... you're going to be one hell of a beast.

Then there's The Elder Scrolls, where you have Potions of Fortify for damn near every skill. Unfortunately, this does not include alchemy. But it does include Fortify Enchanting, which lets you create artifacts of Fortify Alchemy. You probably wouldn't be able to use it to reproduce the Enchanting glitch, but you'd still wind up with stellar skills and stats, which multiply your enhanced D&D ones.
>>
File: 0014-043.jpg (566KB, 1798x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0014-043.jpg
566KB, 1798x1300px
>>51145470
No, loyalty is the default setting. Not the one that was written.

Summons are loyal. Automatically spawned NPCs are loyal. Everything is loyal because they all 'belong' to the guild. All the guildies have an 'aura' (described as such in vol 1) that the NPCs instantly recognize and compels them to follow them.

You can change this in some ways, like the Penguin servant who wants to rule Narazick. But even him is still loyal to the guildies in his own way. He only desires to rule because his creator told him so, but he does his work perfectly for the good of Nazarick.

Additionally, the demons that spawned a few centuries ago are probably the remaining NPCs that another guild (the Eight Greed Kings) had before they killed each other. Once they were left masterless, they went insane and starting taking their fury on the world.

Demiurge and other NPCs mention this serveral times in their inner monologues. Their loyalty towards their creators/guild is an integral part of their core being. If they have no master bossing them around, they have no in life purpose.
>>
>>51145489
What's that from?
>>
>>51145597
The Xianxia jump. It's been posted the last thread, and also in this one. Still needs some polish, but it looks good.
>>
Can the 1958 Plymouth Fury from Horror Movies talk, and does it count as a companion?
>>
>>51145632
Oh okay! Thank you.
>>
>>51145305
It sort of depends on which jump, and what exactly the companions have, and a significant degree of fanwanking.

For example if you are a 42nd player, Custom NPCs in Overlord might actually have been created by one of your fellow guild members like Bukubukuchagama or Touch Me while the game was still going, but you told them what to make and they then handed control of the NPC over to you.
So their "memory" of being made might be something like:
"Jumper requested Bukubukuchagama to help create a loyal maid for him, so Bukubuku consulted with her brother, Touch Me. Touch Me and Jumper sculpted my form from pure nothingness, and Bukubuku breathed her voice into me, which is why I sound just like her. The brother and sister then gave me to Jumper, and I am to follow his commands."
Ie: Touch Me and the jumper designed the NPC's appearance and Bukubuku used her voice acting skills to give the NPC a unique voice.

In other jumps, if they are created with backgrounds then they'll remember their lives prior to your appearance in the jump, probably won't think you created them at all unless you can convince them otherwise. Companions created with drop in origins probably won't remember anything prior to their appearance with you at the start of the relevant jump, so conversely they are likely to think you created them.
>>
>>51145489
Red Essence from Super Mario RPG or Light of Elune from WoW.

Also, if you know Kingdom of Loathing at all, then there are a fuckton of buffs you should use on yourself. And some you maybe shouldn't, given how bizarre some of the positive status effects can be... I know it says it eliminates the negative side effects, but I don't think it would do much to a potion that boosts your powers of perception by providing " a thousand pounds of pressure on the back of each of your eyes."
>>
>>51145633
It does and if you want it to.

It falls into the same grey area as robots you make yourself and magic talking mirrors.

So basically if you just want a talking car and 8 proper companions that's fine. If you want to treat the car as a companion and import it into companion options that's also fine.
>>
why are there more girls on /jc/ than in the other generals? is it because of the crossover with SI fanfiction?
>>
>>51145755
There are girls in /jc/? I thought they were all only pretending.
>>
>>51145763
I know only three for sure but that's already more than anywhere else on /tg/
>>
>>51145755
Genderswap option at the start of jumps probably.

CYOAs have always attracted guys who want to be girls.
>>
>>51144614
Ah, I see. Question on that - can I at least get the memories of the JUMPER for the fluff purposes, with no skills involved? Just to witness/experience the downfall first hand.
>>
>>51145755
...nigga we're a game of play-pretend where you can eventually gain the combined powers of a pirate, a queen, a sorceress and a mahou shoujo protagonist.

You know back when quests were on /tg/, communities tended to go full spaghetti when playing a female character?

Now multiply that by a factor of literal self insert.

Of course there are more girls on /jc/. Because it's even easier to be a girl here than on CYOA general, where either you either end up going full /d/ or you get oversaturated with too many magical girls and have to bud off into a separate CYOA thread.
>>
Are there perks for sharing your senses/feeling what others feel?
>>
>>51145862
There's a level 1 Psion/Wilder power called Share Senses. Does that count?
>>
>>51145862
I think a Rinnegan can do this if you put a chakra receiver inside someone.
>>
>>51145862
Exalted Dragonblooded. IIRC Fire Exalted can share or shut down others senses.
>>
>>51145862
Empathy is pretty common. You can get it in Pokemon with the Aura perk, for example. Or any Star Wars jump.

Telepathy should be able to do both of those anyway, and that's even more common.
>>
>>51145738
Cool, thanks!
>>
By the creator of Origin: Spirits of the Past, I humbly submit the Surge Concerto jump for your commentaries, advices, etc.
>>
>>51145784
>>51145818
Sorry I meant actual females
>>
File: astolfo.jpg (253KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
astolfo.jpg
253KB, 1024x1448px
>>51145915
They are pretty great aren't they.
>>
>>51143236

IIRC, if you go to dungeons and dragons and take the psion class, you can eventually get the power to create little drops of crystallized time. In large enough amounts, they disrupt psionic powers and you can coat objects to put them in stasis.

But seriously, take one of those 'forge anything' perks like from god of war I think, and start building stuff out of time.
>>
>>51145489
What is that from?
>>
>>51145915
No girls on the internet, I'm a girl btw, etc.
>>
>>51145938
Generic Xianxia. Posted last thread, though it still need some polishing.
>>
>>51145938
Generic Xianxia.
You have to complete a pretty harsh scenario to get it.

>>51145945
Wow liar, girls are like Canadians. They don't actually exist.
>>
>>51145948
It's in this thread here>>51142078
Still hasn't had the updates added to it though.
>>
>>51144614
I love the idea behind that drawback, and I want to take it just because it sounds fun, but I'm not sure how or where to put it in my chain so that it's survivable. If someone does take that drawback, do you think it's better to take it early in the chain, to minimize how strong JUMPER can become, or later on, to boost your own baseline? Is taking JUMPER with a True Magic one of those "you flat out can't win" builds? Would taking the Unknown Sibling companion, who would still believe in the bad future version of yourself, help at all? Because getting hugged by them seems anime enough to work.
>>
File: trap.jpg (47KB, 491x363px) Image search: [Google]
trap.jpg
47KB, 491x363px
>>51145928
>>
File: leaf_scan.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
leaf_scan.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>51145952
>Canadians
Canadians exist and they are not to be trusted.
>>
>>51146017
Government spread lies to deny the truth that the world is flat and ends at Minnesota.
>>
>>51145952
Not so harsh if you'll spend a few hundred billion years in that world :^)
>>
>>51145862
Parasite Vision from Medaka is nice.

>>51145911
Oh. Hey. Let's see what's going on. Finished watching AnS LP?
>>
>>51146064
It's mostly harsh because a bunch of alchemists will try to kill you for it. And in Xianxia alchemist means Punch Wizard.
>>
>>51146089
Oh I know, I've read a fair share of xianxia, that's what makes this jump so fun. I'll finally get to punch all those assholes in the face! I got that protagonist drawback just to work off pent up anger.
>>
>>51145428
>It's insanely hot to create a sapient being that has no choice but to be completely loyal to you.
FTFY
>>
>>51146113
"Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!"
"Why do you say my name whenever you punch me?"
>>
>>51145911
So, uh, as someone who doesn't know much of anything about this... What's the Player background about? You talk to that girl (Ion?) over a computer?

>Manjusara
What is this place?

The Incarnate race option says this:
>allowing them to use Song Magic without assistance, though it is still possible.
Might be good to add 'to do so' after 'possible' to make it read more fluently?

>Third Person Display
>Generally, you won’t be able to extend your vision too far (maybe a dozen meters at most) but you may increase that distance via other means.
What kind of other means?

Items seem a little sparse for now? Mostly Ra Ciela Inhabitants there...
>>
How bullshit would a Sidereal martial focused around gun kata be? I was thinking it would start around Equilibrium and work up from there. How far can I go with the bullshit though?
>>
>>51146183
Using juggling to keep an armory's worth of guns in the air, then firing them all at once by shooting their triggers with a series of ricochets would probably be a beginner's technique.
>>
>>51145804
Not without Memory Bleed no, since that could be a big help towards the diplomacy ending to that drawback.
>>
>>51146183
Sidereal Martial Arts are mostly about weirdness, like concepts and aspect of reality. A martial art focussed on gun kata would probably be Celestial at best.

I mean, they could /use/ guns as a weapon for the style, but it would be focussed on and doing weird shit with something like dreams, conflict, mirrors, disease, identity, fate-spiders, or the flow of Essence.
>>
>>51146257
There's a gun kata/drive kata perk in the Sidereal jump
>>
>>51146211
>>51146257
So what I'm getting from this is to basically write it as less being a martial art and more being a way to do kung-fu movie bullshit like punching someones dreams out of them using guns.

Fuck it imma say that getting hit by the gun just makes them fated to be hit by a bunch of other random projectiles. So like I shoot them and a thirty ton rock happens to fall on them or something.
>>
>>51146154
The Player background represent the actual IRL player.

Manjusara is Ra Ciela's capital on the planet's surface.

Added.

Other means include simple training (slowly improving with use), perks that grant better vision, spiritual projection perks, etc...

Yeah, the Items section need a bit of filling and I already have some ideas but that'll wait until I've had a few more commentaries or suggestions.
>>
>>51146288
Yes, but those Sidereal Charms. NOT Sidereal Martial Arts Charms.

There's a big difference.

>>51146314
Basically.

You could do a gun kata style based around misfortune or bad luck like that, yes.
>>
>>51145974
Depends a lot on two factors in particular. First is your companions. If you take JUMPER at the point where even if you've got centuries of training, your companions could still wreck you, then that's one way to win.

Second is your potential for learning at that time. This is where it heavily depends on your build. If you're a late game jumper who has mastered everything they have the ability to use and to whom a few centuries of experience is a miniscule increase in strength, then it's not really different from any drawback that gives you an opponent scaled to you with your powers and gear, except that you have allies and they don't.

If you do have a lot of potential, it becomes a lot harder, especially depending on what your build is in this jump. If this is your first jump and you're picking up a 1000cp option or a bunch of magic options, you're going to have an extremely rough time surviving. If you're picking up multiple True Magics, you might as well just start another chain, since you'd spent all your points on something mostly useless to you until you put training into it, whereas JUMPER starts with it trained already and you have no out of jump abilities. Not even going into the large amounts of drawbacks you'd need to have picked up.

If you're taking it early chain, I'd say to look at what you got in those early builds. Any Magic Systems? Ki or chakra stuff? Anything you can train with time? And look at what you're buying in jump too. If there's a lot of stuff that they can get way better with over time, then I'd reccommend against it, unless you already mastered that stuff. If you're mostly getting stuff that's static or that caps out at a low-mid level, you could have a good chance still.

Unknown Sibling would definitely help, but you also gotta keep in mind that they at some point lost that companion and it's very likely to have happened in a real nasty way.
>>
>>51145911
>Finished reading
Alright. Where to begin.

Actually, let me just ask you the most important question first. Are you SURE you want one jump to cover both games? I won't be able to play/read Ciel nosurge for a long time to come, but your jump is sorely lacking in... Much, related to Ar nosurge, and I am fast approaching the endgame.

The entire thing would nothing but benefit from being split. The games are quite different in themes, after all.
>>
>>51146343
>Yes, but those Sidereal Charms.
Yes, but those ARE Sidereal Charms.

Fucking hell, I keep accidentally skipping over words.
>>
>>51146376
To be frank, I don't really know.
I made one that cover both because I wasn't really sure I would be able to put together enough stuff for separate jumps, though I'll try to see if i can't make it Ciel Nosurge only for now.
>>
>>51145911
Gonna have to agree with Annette here >>51146376. Pick a game and tailor the jump toward that game, as it stands you're really, really painting with a broad brush to the detriment of both games. With something like this you're better off going deep than broad.

>>51146405
>I made one that cover both because I wasn't really sure I would be able to put together enough stuff for separate jumps
Nah, you can do it. Like I said, you just need to really plunge into the source material. Don't just look at effects, crunchy skills and whatnot, look at themes, archetypes, narrative, etc.
>>
>>51142226
Gravity Falls. I tried to help, I really did! I even stole Gideon's book and borrowed the others so I could get the ritual to seal Bill away right on the first shot. I sweet talked everyone necessary into coming to help me with a "shot for this awesome cool movie I was making", performed the ritual to summon Bill, then immediately sealed him away. I was like, wow, good job me. Everything worked. Until it didn't.

Oh, it took Bill most of five years to figure out or trick someone on our plane to summon him again, but he did it. I had assumed the sealing ritual was a permanent, total fix, when I really should have done all the research and seen it just sends him back to his ruined universe.

I annoyed Bill. With less than a dozen Jumps under my belt.

So he sent me to the Blue universe. It took me most of a year to get the dismantled Portal there working again and I spent a good portion of that trying to distract Blue Dipper. Blue Dipper, fyi, is a homicidal genius necromancer who stole all of Blue Bill's powers by outsmarting him. Oh, and did I mention Blue Mabel is a cold, homicidal tsundere with a major sweet spot for her brother and her "toys". Of which I was now one because I was strange and new?

IT WAS NOT A FUN TIME!

>>51142482
Jet-pack T-Rex Studios. Because I want to watch every announcer ever shudder and hesitate just a little every time they have to say the name.

>>51144223
Oh a scale of 1 to OHMYGODWHY?!, you're sitting somewhere around a "Panda on Fire".

>>51144720
Look, it was only once, it was by accident, and we don't talk about it. Abridged Hellsing is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>51146436
Yeah, now that it's brought to my attention, I just realized that it could convincingly cover Ciel Nosurge by itself just by excising some parts refering to AnS. Will rename it Ciel Nosurge jumpchain
>>
>>51146405
Almost the entire jump is Ciel nosurge as it is, really. Shouldn't be hard.

Just one question:

>Player origin
...Don't you spend most of that inside Ion's mind? Not seeing any note of that.

Other than that, I am REALLY unsure of my Ciel knowledge. Good luck!
>>
>>51146475
Thanks anon.
>>
>>51146475
Glad to hear that. Thank you.

Now, to get my mind into high gear...
>>
File: smugfacec9e.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smugfacec9e.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>51146511
But why? Your mind is so much more interesting in low gear.
>>
>>51146481
>>Player Origin
>...Don't you spend most of that inside Ion's mind? Not seeing any note of that.

...SHIT. I thought I was forgetting something and my mind just about completely locked up going 'How do I fix this?!'.
To be fair, IIRC Ar Nosurge revealed that practically the whole of Ciel Nosurge actually happens in Ion's memories, so...
>>
>>51144663
Hol up

We have a System Shock jump? Where?
>>
>>51146362
How is going Servant Suplement?
>>
>>51146527
Low gear is how I create only one jump ever, in a dire need of an update.

I need to kick my ass, finish the thing, then Ar nosurge, then make the jump of THAT.

>>51146562
...Which is arguably even more of a problem.
>>
>>51146639
>...Which is arguably even more of a problem.
Well, since it only happens in Ion's memories, those memories has to have actually happened at some point and that point is when you (i.e the Jumper) comes in.
>>
>>51146639
Wait, Akagi? What's wrong with it?
>>
>>51142078
So unless I did my math wrong (which I may have done) extending your time 22 times (2200 CP) means you're in that world for 41,943,030 years. To put it into perspective that's almost 4.2 million jumps, or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutetian this part in the history of Earth.

You'd be old enough that by the end of it you could easily say that you're older than most life on Earth
>>
>>51146683
It has practically no items worth talking about, and all not-capstone perks are next to nothing. I'll have to do something about that after the big things are done.
>>
>>51146628
Everything but the Skills section and the Sample Servants is done.
>>
>>51146702
Cool. I'mma do that.
>>
>>51145207
Mm. It's a fair point, I was worried about that. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>51146450
>That Blue Universe.

I might have lost a few limbs in the process, but my trial in the drawback Globnar tournament doesn't seem that bad by comparison.
>>
>>51146702
>Only 22 times

Get out of my sight, scrub. Who doesn't want to be older than the universe in a single jump?
>>
I'm interested in doing a Demons of Astlan jump. There are 3 books out, about 1600 pages, and the books come out every year and a half. The latest just came out on the 1st. There doesn't seem to be a set number of books, but there is at least one more in the series.

There is plenty of content for a jump, but the series isn't finished. Is it ok to make a jump when the series isn't finished?
>>
>>51146702
>not buying it 139 times
I'm only going to be there for 6000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years.
>>
>>51146875
Anyone got a list with powers that grow with time/age? Spyro dragons, dead apostles, kitsune, lots of other dragons,...
Pretty sure I'm still missing a lot.
>>
>>51146875
>Not buying it 272 times so you can have one year for every atom in the universe.
Come on one-hundred thousand quadrillion vigintillion years isn't that long on the multiversal scale.
>>
>>51146861
If the setting is into it well enough that there's an actual setting/content for a jump, and isn't likely to make massive changes to the setting anytime soon.
Not that that's stopped people before. But it's always annoying for everyone involved when the jump ends up becoming horribly outdated because of changes to canon. Just look what happened to Toriko and Terraformers.

Anyway, if you feel there's enough content, go for it.
It'll be at least a year and a half before it becomes outdated, anyway.
>>
>>51146875
>4.4*10^32 times the current age of the universe
By that point you'd be creating your own universes, watching them grow and die, then repeating it all over again.

>>51146917
Prismatic dragon is one of the best, though the effects of aging can be replicated by Lifeless Being from Tales of Symphonia (lets you instantly age or deage your body at will to whatever you want, amongst other things)
>>
>>51146955
Or Narnian Time.

But I was under the impression that dragons grew stronger with age because they absorb ambient magical energy over time.
>>
>>51146955
>By that point you'd be creating your own universes, watching them grow and die, then repeating it all over again.
No at that point your watching the beings that do that and laughing at the mayflies which think they have felt eternity.
>>
>>51146990
according to DND it's just their age that matters. So if you found a way to rapidly age a dragon, they'd still grow in strength.
>>
>>51147007
Huh. Seems like that would be exploited in universe.
>>
>>51147006
>Jumpchan's face when she gets bored and goes to take a nap, then comes back to find out you're older than her
>>
>>51147036
>Jumpchan's face when she realizes she'll be the little sister instead of the big sister like she wanted to be
>>
>>51147022
I don't think D&D actually has any aging magic. Unless you get into epic spells in 3.5 and shit, or a Wish, which are too costly to really take advantage of.

Though there are a couple ways to become immortal, and dragons who take advantage of those inevitably become total badasses, though eventually their age powers cap out.
>>
>>51147036
>Jumpchan's face when she is no longer the Jumpchan
>>
>>51147053
Remember to constantly tease your omnipotent imuoto about being flat. Even if she makes her tits bigger thsn the universe. Especially then.
>>
>>51147036
>Jumpchan gets bored
Nigga, you could go around the universe creating IPs to fuck with. Make a SW planet and pop in every few generations with a new name or face: sith, jedi, sith, jedi.

Seed a galaxy with life and reenact Mass Effect as a Reaper, only when you get to earth just shower them with gummi bears and fly away playing The Killers.

With enough time and power, you can do some really hilarious and or interesting stuff.
>>
>>51146746
You know you're in for a bad time when Pacifica and Giddeon are the good guys of the universe. The Blue Universe is a bad, bad place.

Still, it could have been worse. The Yellow Universe is where Dipper never regained his body from Bill after the Sock Puppet Episode, so the Weirdmageddon kicks off early and never has Dipper to help stop it. Oh, and Bill uses his funky powers to hypnotize/possess Mable at the same time. You can imagine how that goes.

Green Universe was probably my favorite idea, if only because it was the most normal of the bunch. Bill Cypher is not some multi-dimensional being, just a kid that likes to annoy Dipper and Mable and interrupt their adventures into weirdness. He usually gets himself into scrapes and the twins usually end up rescuing him.

I'm sure there was a ton more variations out there, but the portal... melted after the repeated use. And don't look at me like that, I only used the thing so much to get everyone back from the alternate universes Bill threw them into.
>>
>>51147036
>>51147085
>Jumpchan falls asleep and wakes up to find Jumper has gone full Kaufman with an entire universe
>>
File: large.jpg (31KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
31KB, 500x465px
>>51147053
> Jumper becomes the older sister.
> Even Jumper's rack is bigger.
>>
>>51147082
"Titlet detected. Your body may have changed but you have not understood the profound truth of Women of the Heavenly Lotus Unfolding Lactose Overdose Which Grazes Amongst the Cows of Heaven!"
>>
File: DR.gif (103KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
DR.gif
103KB, 500x281px
>>51147103
I don't know what's going on here, but that cape is baller.

>>51147082
>>51147119
>>51147130
>pic related
>>
>>51147130
>Women of the Heavenly Lotus Unfolding Lactose Overdose Which Grazes Amongst the Cows of Heaven
. . . Welp, I know what my first custom Charm and or Martial Art is going to be.
>>
File: ranma.gif (139KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
ranma.gif
139KB, 500x485px
>>51147201
>A sidereal punches you
>You now have tits
This is probably a thing in Exalted
>>
>>51147226
>a sidereal punches you
>they absorb the measure of conceptual tit perfect you participated in
>your tits don't shrink or go flabby or anything, but they're suddenly far less appealing and are just. . . there
>>
>>51147266
Wonder how long that charm would take to develop and get the paperwork through for it.
>>
File: apapr2.jpg (280KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
apapr2.jpg
280KB, 1280x720px
>The Jumper activates their Reality Marble

Describe what happens.
>>
>>51147290
Thankfully I've been stacking bureaucracy navigation and organization-fu perks for a while.
>>
File: 1483995274.falvie_megfinsm.png (549KB, 561x726px) Image search: [Google]
1483995274.falvie_megfinsm.png
549KB, 561x726px
>>51147371
Hilariously, your picture pretty well describes it. But in case you want more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QpfLV8dQw

No, I have no idea what a Reality Marble is. Why do you ask?
>>
Is there anything like Empty Night for spiritual/life-force (not soul- but ki- and chakra-based) attacks?
>>
>>51147201
My only knowledge of what the fuck's going on in exalted comes from the jumps, so can someone tell me if the martial arts and charms are actually as fucking weird and powerful as they're made out to be?

is there even an upper limit to what can be done? For that matter, how do I know what I specifically can achieve? is there some gargantuan sourcebook full of these things or do I just need to know enough about the world to be able to make something up?
>>
>>51147371
the horizon splits Splits Into three pieces as it is replaced by the eternal Sunset of Neo-ecumenopolis , the ground replaced by Worn pavement then Suddenly the New World seems to rush around you people and places Flowing like white water rapids towards the massive stadium looming in the distance, the great iron and gold doors opening to let you in, the moment you have time to react. You are set upon by the chorus! Dozens of Varied People of varying ages, ethnicities,species and backgrounds attacking and speaking Almost in unison!
>>
>>51147469
>tell me if the martial arts and charms are actually as fucking weird and powerful as they're made out to be?
There's a charm that lets you punch people and polymorph them into whatever. So if you wanted, you could roll up on a significant threat, punch them, and turn them into a cloud of butterflies.

Yes, I have done this. Yes, it is as satisfying as it sounds.
>>
>>51146450
>Blue Dipper, fyi, is a homicidal genius necromancer
So is he the average Jumper?
>>
>>51147466
Uh, do you know anything about how magic works in Dresden Files? Assuming of course we are, in fact, talking about the perk from Dresden Files, magic is literally the essence of life and creation. So Empty Night? I don't think there's anything else like it, if that's what you're asking, except for maybe some forms of vampirism. Though if you don't care about the absorption or absolute effect, then Nemesis plus the Warrior capstone from Anima should be sufficient.
>>
>>51147469
Here's a good start. To my knowledge, these are most of the canon Charms, plus a couple homebrew sets (which you can tell because they're not listed as generic "[Type] Charms/Powers" in the directory.
>>
>>51147371
The sky grows dark. The smell of dust fills the air, as the world fades into shadows.

The rustle of pages fills the air, and the earth groans as immense bookshelves slowly rise from the ground, each filled with ancient grimoires and rotting scrolls.

Finally, faint golden runes, just bright enough to read by if you strain your eyes, burn themselves into the black clouds, and the Infinite Archives declare their existence.
>>
>>51147469
>>51147603
This link was always here, honest.

http://ninjasensei.wikidot.com/exalt-charms-and-features
>>
>>51147603
Thank you for that amazingly useful link. Don't worry guys, only the worthy can see it.
>>
>>51146955

Prismatic Dragon is from which jump?
>>
>>51147658
Forgotten Realms. You choose the Wyrmling age (fresh out of the egg) because it's the cheapest and use the Lifeless Being perk to age up to whatever you want.
>>
>>51147705

I don't see the option to become a Prismatic Dragon on the jump itself. I'm looking through the Forgotten Realms wiki as well looking for what a Prismatic Dragon is supposed to be and I can't find it. Found tons of other dragon types though.
>>
>>51147788
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/dragonEpic.htm (scroll down to prismatic)
It's the race section. You calculate the price by CR
>>
>>51147788
Prismatic Dragons are from the Epic Level Handbook, and Forgotten Realms has a standing "If it's in an official sourcebook and not part of a specific setting, it exists here" thing going on, so theoretically, they're canon. You buy the race with the "100 CP per CR" racial option.
>>
>>51147705
that reminds me, what is it that people have such a big problem with in the forgotten realms jump? Besides general low quality I mean. I don't know much about the source material, but I remember hearing that it's something about the CR or the races or something? I could never quite understand what people where talking about whenever the topic came up.
>>
Preliminary build for Neo Hisei three done
Jump Four
Mystic (free) Because we need a Ghost who's not a cardboard cutout with motivational voice clips
Open Your Eyes (700) And that's my second dead jumper for this jump
I Believe in Myself (free)
Grateful Soul (free)
All Eyes on Me (600)
Heaven's Sage (400)
The Soul Will Live On (200)
Humanity is Infinity (-100)
Ghost Tags (free)
Go Go Go Ghost-O ("free")
Combine GMO and Agito Drivers into Eyecon Driver G (-300) I hereby dub this abomination the Eyecon Drive GMΩ, a constantly evolving war machine that can be backed up by two other summons.
Watch This! (Free) Nobel, Kojiro, Hannibal, Aristotle, Alexander the Great, Washington, Bat Masterson, Genghis Khan
Import everyone (-500)
There's No Going In Reverse (free) Thus far I have two stops on the Kamen Rider timeline, back in Kuuga and Agito, as well as in Gaim. Wonder how Godai is doing.
History of the Chain (-200) On the plus side there's one jump so far that wasn't already included by default in the drawback. On the down side they might possibly throw mimicries of my previous incarnation at me.
99 Days (0) Have enough Ghost Stuff I might have a shot at this
Okay, now I need to figure out eight mangled lessons based vaguely off of the Eyecons I took. Hannibal is a lesson in never giving up, they said he couldn't march elephants over the Himalayas, who's laughing now Rome? Iskander is about treating other cultures with respect and stealing all their best parts. Washington is about the value of the common person. Bat Masterson is about how really kickass names are totally a good criteria to select Eyecons based on. And Khan is about getting into empire measuring contests with Iskander.

Those last two were jokes in case it needs saying.
>>
How would one go about telling the important people in creation about the Great Curse and being believed?
>>
>>51147818
Challenge Rating in D&D 3.5 is pretty borked, and you can buy races by paying 100 CP per point of CR. Certain races (namely dragons) were apparently /purposefully/ given CR's 2-3 lower than they should have been, while other races are just... odd at the CR they're at.
>>
>>51147810
>>51147802

I see it now, thank you.

But Prismatic Dragon doesn't seem particularly special other than being bigger and stronger than other dragons?

But all Epic Dragons are like that I suppose.
>>
>>51147894
look at what spell like effects it gets. Prismatic sphere and wall, as well as prismatic spray as its breath (which at great wyrm is an 80ft cone).
Those are very powerful spells to have for free
>>
>>51147563
No. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are ki attacks EVER affected by magic resistance/immunity.
>>
>>51147894
Just their race abilities are pretty strong. And they can get some of the best feats that you can afford to purchase in the jump.

Time Dragon is another strong contestant. Might want to get it for a companion?
>>
>>51147818
Personally, I just hate the general low quality. Almost everything has a single sentence description, and almost everything tells you to just refer to a Rulebook if you want to know more. It's called Forgotten Realms, but it should really be called the "3.5 Mechanics" Jump. Because that's literally all there is to it. One of the Capstones is the Companion option. That's just how lazy they were.
>>
>>51147894
The "bigger and stronger" is the point.
Because epic dragons get "bigger and stronger" to the point of casually swatting the avatars of even greater deities. Or anything else in-setting, really.
You basicall get the power of a level ~60-70 character for the price of the dragon wyrmling if you wait long enough or can age yourself.
>>
>>51147894
Personally:
Immunity to light is kinda hard to get, as opposed to immunity to fire/cold/acid, which can be obtained with a single spell that lasts 24 hours. It also protects from and uses Prismatic Effects which are quite fun. Layer your house with permanent prismatic effects, wander through them with impunity, laugh as everyone else basically dies 3 seconds later.
Dragons can be affected by the Spellhoarding Psychosis, which makes you obsessed with magic, but in return, gives you the ability to learn spells by countering them, and cast as a Wizard instead of a Sorcerer, which is a /really/ big advantage in the system.
Prismatics /start/ about as strong as mid-aged dragons of other races, and get stronger just by living until strong enough that if you take the Deities and Demigods book as canon, the frekkin God of Magic can't actually affect you with his magic (unless he uses one of the numerous ways for D&D wizards to bypass that, but you get my point).
>>
>>51147927
>Time Dragon
I'll admit, I joined the /jc/ Council of Chrono Wyrms.
>>
>>51147922
>>51147927
>>51147941
>>51147955

I don't into D&D so I have only a vague understanding of how good these are supposed to be.

But I guess I'll pick it up anyway then head to Generic Xianxia and extend my time there for a few millennia.

Any perks that keep you from going insane from boredom?
>>
>>51147955
You've got that backwards. You want to learn as a Wizard but cast as a Sorcerer.
>>
>>51147980
Shit you're right, misstated that. Apologies. Meant to say that they /learn/ as a Wizard, not cast as one.
>>
>>51147963
Heist, Overlord and Symbiote have some.
>>
>>51147963
Weight of Ages (Generic Universal Monsters), Boredom Immunity (Symbiote), there are probably one or two perks out there that make it impossible for training to bore you.

Indirectly: Master of Magic and Investigation have perks to make training /feel/ very short.
>>
File: waifus1481872758032.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
waifus1481872758032.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>51147963
>Any perks that keep you from going insane from boredom?
Perks? Sure.. But there are other ways to stay entertained.
>>
>>51147994
Though they do also cast as one. Fuck. I'm not very coherent right now.
>>
>>51147371
They remember they do not have a reality marble, and it's an awkward moment for everyone while a little undertale dog scampers by.
>>
>>51147996
>Overlord
game?
>>
>>51148037
the series.
>>
>>51147963

Although now that I actually look at the jump and the CP required to be a Prismatic Dragon Wyrmling.

That's 1400 points. You're pretty much giving up on everything else in the jump.
>>
>>51147103
Yoro, I'm considering watching gravity falls now but is this multiple alternate universe thing ova, fanon, or in the series itself?
>>
>>51147802
Speaking of D&D, how much dmg would 6d6 do if I rolled 19 for example? I've got no clue how this would play out in any other universe.
>>
>>51148056
Look up the rules for NPCs and normies. Typically random folk have around 1 HD, with guards soldiers and the like being a little more but not anywhere near adventurer level.
>>
>>51148056
damage is damage. If you do 19 damage then it takes off that much from their HP. So for weaker things it'd outright kill them but for stronger things it could range from a life threatening attack to barely a scratch.
>>
>>51148050
Unless you take the drawbacks, which can easily give you more than enough points that they become utterly trivial, yes.

>>51148056
The average peasant can take ~3 damage before going unconscious, and ~13 before dying.

The average starting Fighter tends to have about 11 HP before going unconscious, and 21 HP before dying (assuming Standard Array). They add about 11 HP per level. So that can take out a level 1 fighter, but a level 2 fighter can push through one.

Also for reference, Wood apparently has 10 HP per inch of thickness.
>>
File: 1467254376960.png (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467254376960.png
113KB, 500x500px
>>51148051
Well, it's a little of fanon based on facts in the series itself.

It's confirmed there's a multiverse out there. It's also confirmed that there's an absolutely huge number of alternate universes out there (if certain clues are to be believed). But the whole Alternate Gravity Falls thing is mostly fanon. It could and very likely does exist, but it's not specifically mentioned in the show itself.

Still, it's a really great watch and only two seasons, so I pretty heartily suggest it to anyone.
>>
>>51148094
That seems pretty lackluster to be honest. I mean, 10 points of dmg just to push through one inch of wood? Am I missing something there?
>>
>>51148050
It's D&D. Epic Wizard Magic is pretty much the best thing you can get there, and the dragon gets that.
While also being a near-unkillable super lizard.

All the other things the perks grant? The toughness, intelligence, wisdom, charisma, bonus feats? Yeah, being an epic dragon grants those things too.

The only thing worth buying from a power gaming perspective aside from race=dragon is the companion import. Because that lets you get even more dragons.
>>
Why isn't magic flat-out banned? It's basically every other power in the chain, except it tends to have no real upper limit.
>>
>>51148120
Materials like Wood and Steel also have a Hardness stat, which people don't have, that allows them to flat out ignore a certain amount of damage unless it comes from a specific source.

If I remember correctly, Wood has a Hardness of 5, but Fire-type attacks cut right through it. While Stone has something nutty like 15 or 20, but Adamantine (weapons made from special space meteors) can cut through that.
>>
>>51148120
Yeah, it also halves damage from energy attacks like fire (unless your dm rules otherwise), and then knocks another 5 damage off the remainder.

Yes, I realize that's not what you expected.
>>
>>51148147
Because fuck you, there's magic all up in this bitch.
>>
File: letting the baits go by.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
letting the baits go by.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
>>51148147
>>
Is there anything I'm really missing out on if I don't pick up Practitioner-style magic from Dresden?
>>
File: headpatsqroi0952902k.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
headpatsqroi0952902k.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>51148147
>>
>>51148147
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
So I see everybody wants Generic Xianxia canonized because of the time extension option.
>>
>>51148147
Are you wrong? No. Does it matter? Not really.

Because magic is pretty damn cool, nigga. And in most settings, unlike the Power Cosmic, it's something that a lot of people can learn.
>>
>>51147927
There's not really a better place to mention this, but I'd just like to say that I opted to be a Tome Dragon. With an O.
Because they're fluffy.
And they get hands!
And free metamagic!
And their wyrmlings are tiny size! TINY!
And also they're fluffy!

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0319/37/1399345358355.png
SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THAT FLOOFY MANE

>>51147940
I think it's kindof sad that the Forgotten Realms jump does not actually reference or have anything to do with the Forgotten Realms.
I mean, the Forgotten Realms are full of high tier retarded bullshit, but it's still an interesting setting from a creative standpoint. It's really a shame.

At least there's Neverwinter Nights, I guess.
Now if only we had Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>51148337
>does not actually reference or have anything to do with the Forgotten Realms.
Which is something of a blessing in disguise. There are plenty of things not covered by it which have enough substance for jumps of their own. Though I'd hope that it's not yet another jump based on poorly-defined game mechanics.
>>
>>51148325
It is a fun option.
>>
That reminds me: Is anyone working on Eberron? I remember wanting to a... long time ago, but apparently someone was working on it as well as Earthsea? How's that going random Anon whose name I don't know?
>>
File: 1459730096174.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
1459730096174.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>51148325
>>
>>51148375
Icewind Dale probably has enough for its own jump.
>>
File: mistform.jpg (162KB, 960x762px) Image search: [Google]
mistform.jpg
162KB, 960x762px
>>51148337
>Tome Dragon
Good taste.

I went with Mist Dragon myself. Because it lets me be a dragon AND a cloud.

...Clouds are fluffy, right?
>>
>>51148325
It's funny because people wanted 66 Million Years limited because it was free training time. This one actually pays you.
>>
>>51148337
>https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0319/37/1399345358355.png
THAT FLOOFY MANE IS UNAVAILABLE
Error 1011 Ray ID: 31fa3196d99437f8 • 2017-01-11 17:47:24 UTC
>>
>>51148468
Works fine for me, anon.
>>
>>51148466
Diminishing returns are very much a thing in Xianxia. It could reasonably take millions of years to get to a high level even just one level of reality up from your basic one.
>>
>>51147941
If I go with something simple like a Red or Bronze dragon, am I completely gimping myself or will they end up that strong after enough time?
>>
File: Garou form.jpg (4MB, 3543x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Garou form.jpg
4MB, 3543x2362px
>>51148325
We have very few jumps that allow for +10 years.

Training montages are an important part of the history.
>>
>>51148485
>diminishing returns
>inb4 "not my jumpchain fuck off nerfer reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
>>
>>51148497
They'll never get as strong as the epic dragons. But you're still one of the strongest things in the setting, so i'd hardly call it "gimping yourself".
>>
>>51148466
Mage The Awakening also pays you for the extra time.

Also, since we're dealing with Xianxia bullshit, you're probably an ant to the guys on the higher plane, who in turn are ants to the guys of the higher higher plane, who...
>>
>>51147955
You look dumb, though. They really can't pull off the disco ball look.
>>
>>51148513
Who all will learn to respect the jumper soon enough.
>>
>>51148520
Soon enough being a million years if you're ridiculously fast. Xianxia time scales are usually pretty crazy.
>>
>>51148468
Your Google-fu is weak, the link works for me like a charm.
>>
>>51148520
>>51148536
>Only if you took the Xianxia Protagonist perk

Seriously, plot armor is needed to survive in these kind of places. And I don't know why people are so offended by it, Hero BBS also offered plot armor and a ridiculous growth level for the Active heroes.
>>
>>51148536
>not using time magic
>not training trillions of years in a day
>not showing off how petty xianxia gods are shit in their singular universe
You're not thinking like a jumper.
>>
>>51148497
>option doesn't make you the absolute most strongest thing in the setting
>gimped
>>
>>51148513
Mage caps it off at 80 years, and has a drawback cap. It's not "start with literally all the perks in exchange for getting more time to powerlevel in a setting dictated largely by your whims.
>>
>>51148571
Okay but now you have to fight the guy who's been training for a hundred million trillion years and ahs a super special gift from the universe to make him awesome. I don't think you're quite grokking this.
There is always someone stronger then you. Always.
>>
>>51148515
I consider that to be a benefit, not a drawback!
>>
>>51148571
Xianxia is pretty much standardized Suggsverse, anon. There's always going to be a bigger fish.
>>
I still can't understand who actually reads xianxia with any seriousness.

I'm sorry, I tried getting into it. But the stories (like Tales of Demons & Gods) are literally some of the most dull bullshit. Like, I could get into Fanfiction.net more than this.
>>
>>51148584
>>51148507
I mean, relatively speaking.
>>
>>51148613
There is no bigger fish. They just don't know it yet.

>>51148595
So train more, then eat him for his power. I don't understand how this is so difficult. It's only more time.
>>
>>51148613
>standardized Suggsverse

And here we see the true reason everybody wants it.
>>
File: Take it with a touch of salt.png (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Take it with a touch of salt.png
38KB, 640x640px
>>51144052
Sorry to bring up this old topic but this is something that was said by anon I remember bringing it up. A few points for the reason why Frank Castle aka the Punisher is immune to the Penance Stare:
1. Frank has high levels of Plot Armor from the fact that he is a Badass Normal.
2. The Penance Stare is very Old Testament Karmatic Retribution and this is important because Frank has counted as being a warrior of god before (Such as the time he fought in hell with a pair of holy machine guns), been subject to multiple crusades, and has never once (In this comic world, I assume he has in others) harmed the innocent in his war against crime.
3. The metric behind some Penance Stare uses seems to swing just as violently as the Plot Armor issue. I believe someone said that it was explained that Frank had lived without sin, only killing the guilty, and some other nonsense somewhere in that comic.

Now on to our personal weapon of soul destruction (or disruption at the least):
1. Our Penance Stare is the one used in the Nicolas Cage Movies.
2. This one works by the following rules: If you look into GR's eyes while he's within an arm's reach of you, he can force you to experience every iota of pain you've ever inflicted on others /without just cause/ in your life. Your average hood just has his eyes seared out and while blind can, after some time walk away from the event. A villain could be reduced to a vegetable - unless they don't have a soul or have some sort of mental defenses.

So, depending on the world Jumpers may not be able to Penance Stare Frank, because his cause may be Just by the metric of the Penance Stare which does not refer back to us for it's moral compass. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
>>
>>51148584
But Prismatic Dragons aren't even close to being the strongest things in the setting, anon.
>>
>>51148643
Turn your fucking trip back on, Red. You won't ruin Xianxia for the rest of us.
>>
>>51148654
Immortals Handbook is not canon to the Forgotten Realms, being a third party production. Epic Level Handbook is.
>>
>>51148643
Honestly? Anything that Red hates is good for thread. And it's about time we got a power upgrade.
>>
>>51148613
Xianxia doesn't play with omnipotence. Basically the one rule you'll see is that people can always get stronger.

Suggsverse has dumb bullshit like surpassing the limits of omnipotence because Lionell Suggs is a retard who doesn't know how omnipotence works.

>>51148634
There is a bigger fish.
>>
>>51148643
It's also a fairly decent jump. The author took some shit and polished it pretty well, which was extremely surprising to me, all things considered.
>>
>>51148684
>There is a bigger fish.
Yeah, and that's always Jumper. You can turn your trip on Red, you can say what you want in front of the class.
>>
>>51148670
No, but there are still much stronger things in the setting.
>>
File: Christmas Miracle.png (292KB, 1100x699px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Miracle.png
292KB, 1100x699px
>>51148666
>>51148676
>>
>>51148719
Since the jump operates on game mechanics the strongest thing in the setting is an epic level caster.
Epic dragons are epic level casters by default. Only tougher, smarter, wiser and more charismatic.
>>
Hey, isn't Forgotten Realms the setting with an entire plane of weird-ass eldritch abominations?
>>
Mildly relevant to the "bigger fish" argument, I suppose...

/jc, what is an interesting thing to have as your personal kryptonite?
>>
File: antimagic.gif (124KB, 743x933px) Image search: [Google]
antimagic.gif
124KB, 743x933px
>>51148735
And also dragons are still dragons without their magic.

>>51148768
I think that's Eberron. Xoriat fits the bill pretty well.
>>
File: 1366053512497.gif (462KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1366053512497.gif
462KB, 300x168px
>>51148794
Chastity.
>>
>>51148498
Speaking of training montages, which jumps have said perks?
>>
>>51148817
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.
>>
>>51148817
Sorry anon, have that by default.

That said, I meant more in a material sense. What is an interesting material of balanced presence in the world to be weak to?
>>
>>51148855
Rare gems not used in jewelry.
Common enough that any enemies could reasonably acquire some but at the same time something you probably won't find often in a day to day.
>>
>>51148684
>Xianxia doesn't play with omnipotence. Basically the one rule you'll see is that people can always get stronger.
>Suggsverse has dumb bullshit like surpassing the limits of omnipotence because Lionell Suggs is a retard who doesn't know how omnipotence works.

I hope you realize the fact that you're saying this unironically somehow creates one of the absolutely DUMBEST things I have ever read in regards to JumpChain as an idea.

And I commented on that fucker who wanted to use the discount card from Animal Crossing to get CP discounts in every jump thereafter.
>>
>>51148768
You mean the Far Realm? I... think that's not limited to FR? But don't quote me on that.
>>
>>51148906
Correct. The Far Realm is more of a general planes extension. It can be used in any setting.
The book it originally appeared in was not even a FR book, but just general D&D Planar shenanigans.
>>
>>51148873
Hm... Tanzanite, Alexandrite, Red Beryl, Red Diamond... Eh, might be too rare still, except for the last one. Thank you, anon!
>>
>>51147068
There are a couple of ways to use Chronomancy in 3.0 that weren't retconed out by 3.5 so... also this
>though eventually their age powers cap out.
Is totally a thing.
>>
>>51148902
Everything in jumpchain except Jumpchan isn't actually omnipotent or if they they're willing to play along with Jumpchan. Because Jumpchan can make them do things and if they were omnipotent that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>51148947
What if, bare with me now, all "Omnipotent" beings were actually Jumpchan in disguise? Hell, go further, what if everything we experience, every place we go to, every person we see is actually just a small part of Jumpchan's giant body?
>>
File: 1483253092269.png (22KB, 325x308px) Image search: [Google]
1483253092269.png
22KB, 325x308px
I just woke up and caught up with both threads.

I think I'll just start the write-up for Ryuki and work on Madoka magic.
>>
>>51148947
Shut your face and stop stealing my goddamn brain cells with each moment of inanity that escapes your breath-hole.

I already can't remember which way is down.
>>
>>51148947
My headcanon is that there is only a single truly omnipotent being in the omniverse, which has infinite facets. Of course, then there are nigh-omnipotents whose only weakness is that they can't conjure green tea, so there's that.
>>
>>51149073
I prefer that there are only relative levels of nigh-omnipotence.
>>
Dumb Exalted question:
How do I make Custom Charms?
>>
>>51149124
>yfw you are an extremely shitty kind of nigh-omnipotent being

yay
>>
So now that we have Generic Xianxia, why do we have to obey a benefactor.

Why can't we Jump of our own power.

Hell, why do we have to listen to jumpmakers if our power can eventually exceed the fourth wall. What's stopping a Jumper from rewriting the document they take their CP purchases from to fit their own tastes.
>>
>>51149206
Same could be said of other high powered jumps.
>>
>>51147226
Yep. Pattern Spider Bite could do it, easily. You could probably also make a custom disease to inflict with Citrine Poxes of Contagion style that would cause instant breast growth.
>>
>>51149206
Because benefactor is stronger them you still. Because the jump doesn't offer anything like that. Because surpassing the fourth wall isn't really a thing that Xianxia does.
>>
File: 1407215379160.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407215379160.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>51149206
>Hell, why do we have to listen to jumpmakers if our power can eventually exceed the fourth wall.
Good question. Why should jumpmakers have to listen to you in return or do things for you if you can just do it yourself? Why do you need us?
>>
>>51148796
Right, the creature whose tissues aren't nearly strong enough to hold its body together, nor wingspan large enough to generate lift, isn't magical. Sure, I believe that.
>>
>>51149254
We don't.

So take a hike, bitch.
>>
>>51149254
>that pic
Great smug faces. Saved.
>>
>>51149278
Take your own advice, asshole.
>>
>>5114925?
Because jumpmakers are all secretly masochists.
>>
>>51149254
Reds back!
Yay!
>>
>>51149013

Yay!
>>
>>51149308
Why should I?

She answered her own question by quoting that post. We're powerful enough to make our own purchasable content. We don't need shit like her around.
>>
>>51149298
Bitch please >>51148729 you who are shitposters hold no sway here.

>>51149254
Hey Red you said Insight Hellicarriers but I don't remember which ones are those?
>>
>>51149206
I'm going to tell you a little secret, anon: You never had to obey the rules of Jumpchain. This is all arbitrary, it's just a story. You're free to write your own, where you can do whatever you want. But we choose to submit to the rules, because those arbitrary limits help spark the imagination to come up with ideas we find fun. That's what this CYOA is about, and in the larger sense are what all CYOAs are about. If you want to say you're powerful enough to ignore the rules, go right ahead. But I don't think you're going to get much use out of this thread.
>>
File: smug wine drinking.jpg (39KB, 550x377px) Image search: [Google]
smug wine drinking.jpg
39KB, 550x377px
>>51149206
Looking forward to your work, new jumpmakers.
>>
File: 1365974624406.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1365974624406.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>51149316
>secretly
Whatever you say, anon.
>>
File: 1264054227030.png (185KB, 1176x930px) Image search: [Google]
1264054227030.png
185KB, 1176x930px
>>51149336
>We're powerful enough to make our own purchasable content
And yet you never do, otherwise you would have made MCU2 in the... three? Three weeks I was gone and had my claim dropped? But don't worry. Here's a picture I've been saving just for you.

>>51149343
Remember the ones in Winter Soldier? Repulsor tech, armed to the fucking teeth, linked by satellite? Those are Helicarriers for Project Insight.
>>
File: dam son.jpg (103KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
103KB, 640x640px
>>51149409
...Now I'm curious about the context behind that image.
>>
>>51149409
So do they have the Hydra software pre-instated? Cause those things are massive health hazards if they do. I mean I'll still buy one if it's reasonably priced and then just overhaul it but I'd like to be aware.
>>
>>51149409
You can keep offering free omnipotence as much as you like. It won't change the fact that your powerwanking is only acceptable in your own eyes.
>>
>>51149472
God damn it, is this your first day or something? You're supposed to shitpost by accusing Red of not offering enough power, not offering too much. Get it together, newbie. I swear, these noveau shitposters just don't understand the intricacies of the craft.
>>
File: 1480742155996.jpg (332KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480742155996.jpg
332KB, 960x720px
>>51149449
They do not have the Hydra algorithms pre-installed. It's fresh out of the box and waiting for you to take that bad boy for a test run.

>>51149446
Fucked if I know! I found it literally years ago, and realized there would be one day where it would come in handy. One day where every single word in that image would ring true. Today appears to be that day.

I can only imagine the depravity that resulted in its initial incarnation.

>>51149472
See >>51149516. 2/10, got a reaction image.
>>
What's a fun jump?
>>
>>51149532
CATastrophe
>>
File: 1482371890293.jpg (462KB, 2356x2504px) Image search: [Google]
1482371890293.jpg
462KB, 2356x2504px
>>51149206
Wait, are you saying I DON'T have to finish these jumps I'm working on?

Whew! That's a huge relief. I was worried I was gonna have to use actual effort. Alright, lemme torch the docs.

No I'm not actually going to, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>51149516
>>51149529
No, that's the thing. For all you like to impose arbitrary restrictions in your jumps, you are one of the first and worst power-wankers we've ever had.
>>
File: another shitpost happy.png (1MB, 1634x738px) Image search: [Google]
another shitpost happy.png
1MB, 1634x738px
>>51149532
~Any of them, if you believe~
>>
File: 1239745930893.jpg (36KB, 1019x719px) Image search: [Google]
1239745930893.jpg
36KB, 1019x719px
>>51149560
...oh shit now I have to see where this is going. Come on, come on gimme a good example. Don't half-ass it.
>>
>>51149560
Yeah, you're really bad at this. I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, anon. Look, why don't you hang around for a while, see how the professionals do it, and then try again later? We won't count this one towards your record, it's clear you're not ready for the big leagues yet.
>>
>>51149529
Okay another question. If we get the HYDRA algorithms during Winter Soldier then can we gut them and use their predictive abilities with the Tech Expert origin only? Also can I save this Pic?

>>51149532
Dr. McNinja was fun for me.
>>
>>51149532
Strike Witches. Preferably with the +0 drawback.
>>
>>51149560
C'mon anon, last year was the year for stupid-ass 180s. You should have tried this a few weeks ago. It's too late, now.
>>
File: Dormammu has an idea.png (59KB, 115x212px) Image search: [Google]
Dormammu has an idea.png
59KB, 115x212px
>>51149608
It's a free internet, anon. Save as many pics as you want.

Also I don't see any reason why you can't steal the algorithms? I mean I could prolly offer it as an item, actually.

>>51149532
Kenichi, Jackie Chan Adventures, Mad Max, Spiral Knights, Van Helsing, there's a lot of fun jumps out there.
>>
>>51149532
Metal Wolf Chaos
>>
>>51149714
Thank you.

They are pretty beefy as far as it goes. Able to predict a persons life through information and psychology is awesome.
>>
>>51149560
So, she is a power-nerfer? A nerfer-wanker?
>>
>>51149532
Everybody has their own favorites. I'm a huge fan of Gravity Falls and Undertale, but if you're looking for something a little more action packed I'd happily suggest Strike Witches, Kamen Rider Neo-Hensei, or Ranma 1/2. And if I could self shill for a moment, FLCL as a setting.
>>
Two perks have been tweaked to your satisfaction, hopefully.
>>
>>51149833
Which ones?

Also does A Special Trait mean I can regain mana by ingesting my chosen element?
>>
>>51149815
At this point I think I'm just Satan. I don't even have to be here, people will claim any dissent is just me without a trip, despite having been out for groceries in this absolutely shit weather and getting books for the semester. Seriously, $330 for renting used books? What is your fucking problem, university.

It's kind of depressing when one thinks about it. I could be gone for a whole year and people would still blame me for all of life's problems.

>>51149833
For the record, might want to post this in next thread too, to get more feedback. Get it? For the record? Eh? Eeeeeh?
>>
How much of a boost do to think Gift of the Thousand Master would boost DC magic? On par with Zatanna? Timothy Hunter? Doctor Fate?
>>
>>51149833
Xianxia protagonist and which other perk? A changelog is nice for things like this.

Other than that, could we decide to jump a particular Xianxia setting instead of this generic one?
>>
>>51149833
Glad to see you're back. Disregard the shitposters and the generally vindictive tone. 4chan is a place of misery and bitterness.
>>
>>51149921
Newgenics I think.
>>
>>51149891
It's not a boost to raw power, just skill. So likely not Timothy Hunter, but maybe Zatanna after a few decades. It's supposed to make you the Dumbledor/Voldemort equivalent in a given system.
>>
>>51149921
>could we decide to jump a particular Xianxia setting instead of this generic one
Mite b cool.
Forty Millenniums of Cultivation has a lot of awesome stuff in it. And it's a good setting to get challenged even in late chain.
>>
>>51149206
You know what, anon? You've got a point. I'm gonna stop working on my projects and let you make your own jumps.

Best of luck!
>>
>>51149881
At least you're not Anthony Burch Cracker_Jack. He said he was planning on handing out Super-Omnipotence in one of his coming jumps. :^)
>>
>>51149940
That's explicitly the opposite of what it does, though?

>You have magical power in abundance. It overflows from you, supercharging even the most basic spells,
and can even increase the strength of magical forms from other worlds. While a normal Mage may fire
off 7 Magical Arrows of Light, you fire barrages numbering in the hundreds, and can even cast truly
ancient and powerful spells able to destroy small armies (assuming, of course, that you know them and
can speak ancient Greek or the other languages required for the incantations).

And Marvel said it gives you the raw power to be on par with the most powerful mages of a given system.
>>
>>51149833
I'm very happy with this! It seems good in my book, at least.
>>
>>51150034
Well, he said it gives you the skill and experience to be within the "top few" of a given magical discipline, with lesser boosts to raw power in non-Negima systems.
>>
File: gunsandthentheresguns.jpg (45KB, 1063x599px) Image search: [Google]
gunsandthentheresguns.jpg
45KB, 1063x599px
>>51149532
Going to side with >>51149691, especially if you become a wing commander. I'm sure all your submi... subordinate witches will love having you around to support them with your big gun.
>>
>>51150064
The perk itself is explicitly talking about having tons of magical power, not skill, and rulings have been the same. I'm not sure where you got this impression but it's definitely off.
>>
File: weresomething.gif (978KB, 330x249px) Image search: [Google]
weresomething.gif
978KB, 330x249px
>>51149815
>nerf wanker
I saw a video of that once. It was. . . well, let's just say that I'm glad that they used plenty of lube but I've never looked at pool noodles and footballs the same way since.
>>
File: Ayyy.gif (362KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ayyy.gif
362KB, 500x375px
>>51149833
Okay I just wanna comment on some things in the drawbacks area! I'm sorry if this isn't really helpful but you've got me so hyped up about it I wanna say some stuff.

1. Horrid Location is awesome and the highest end of it is fucking funny because I could see that. Might wanna ad on that they hunt you or something, trying to put you back.
2. Ridiculously Long Names is so in genre it hurts.
3. A Longer Stay you might wanna cap it to a thousand or a couple thousand years (+1000 or +2000) or it may just be the only one people take.
4. Bandits might need to be bumped down to only +100
5. Fook Yu just a note here. Does this break my Shingan from Samurai Deeper Kyo?
6. Motherfucking T-rex! is this a riff on a T-Rex who Cultivates?
7. The Broken Wheel the restarting the cycle option is awesome.
8. Impotent Item. Do we get to chose the item?

Okay that's all I got. Thanks for the Jump and I can't wait to see how good it look in the Drive when it gets there!
>>
>>51149879
>Which ones?

XP and Newgenics.

>>51149879
>Also does A Special Trait mean I can regain mana by ingesting my chosen element?

If you can convert satiation or spiritual power to mana, yes.

>>51149881
>For the record, might want to post this in next thread too, to get more feedback. Get it? For the record? Eh? Eeeeeh?

Oh you!

>>51149921
>Other than that, could we decide to jump a particular Xianxia setting instead of this generic one?

Probably not, taking into account the precedent set by the other Generic jumps. That said, there's nothing saying that your generic setting can't have much in common with your specific setting anyway.

>>51149926
>Glad to see you're back. Disregard the shitposters and the generally vindictive tone. 4chan is a place of misery and bitterness.

Thanks.
>>
File: bpuy7ZO.png (201KB, 500x644px) Image search: [Google]
bpuy7ZO.png
201KB, 500x644px
>>51150010
>spoiler
No matter what happens in life, no matter how low you are. Remember that you are not Anthony Burch.

>>51149560
And of course THIS GUY has not given a single fucking example to his claim of Satanistic action. Not one. This is the epitome of disappointment. I was hoping for a laugh.

For all these people's bitching about how "we don't need no stinking jumpmakers" or "you are the worst of us all", they do absolutely nothing about it. Nothing. It's like I have to do everything for you. Jeez, buy me dinner if you're going to half-ass your attempt to fuck me over at least.
>>
>>51143242
Dragonlance has properties that follow.
>>
>>51150165
That's no way to talk about your dragon waifus, anon.
>>
>>51149926
>>51149833
Really, these threads are like one of those rock tumblers.

We polish things quite well, but you’d better be prepared to take a beating.
>>
>>51149881
>not pirating the texts
Stop supporting an exploitive industry.
>>
>>51150161
>If you can convert satiation or spiritual power to mana, yes.
Damn. Now how do I do that...? Anyone know how to transmute Ki into Mana?

>>51150163
That's a pretty great pic. Who made it?
>>
>>51150064
That doesn't make any sense, considering the person it's based on is explicitly really shit at magic. He just had an inhuman amount of power to throw into his spells.

I also remember Marvel ruling on that.
>>
>>51149833
One of Newgenics' big original selling points to me was that you could pass on the newgenetics perk itself, to let your bloodline stay strong three, four generations down.

Does it count as a supernatural power? Can it be passed on?
>>
>>51150036
>I'm very happy with this! It seems good in my book, at least.

Yay!

>>51150139

1. It's Xianxia, What did you expect?
2. Heh!
3. It doubles your stay every time you take it though, and this is still Xianxia. Not having a cap isn't necessarily a good thing.
4. Nothing says the bandits have to be weak. >:)
5. I don't know what you're talking about.
6. It's a monster you fight.
7. Heh.
8. ...sure, why not?
>>
>>51149833
Explain to me how you see Living Saint working. It says that the power growth happens if you're grounded and you live a relatively normal life. So what would that mean in the context of jumpchain? I get how ye olde ancient not!Chinese master does it by living outside of a village and chilling with the locals, but how does that equate to what happens in jumpchain and how do you see that power growth and development happening?
>>
>>51150206
>Damn. Now how do I do that...? Anyone know how to transmute Ki into Mana?
Go to a setting where they are the same thing, since pools merge that pool will serve as a link between the two types.
>>
>>51145911
...That Displaced Wanderer capstone looks awfully familiar.
I'm not even mad, I just am surprised to see a straight up Ready Player One in another jump again
>>
>>51150010
Wow. I thought we were friends, anon.

But remember, you have to come to my house and suck me off in real life if you want the super omnipotence. You'll also get HYPER omnipotence if you swallow and bend over.
>>
>>51150199
It's not just texts, anon. I'm going to end up spending around 200 on site access codes that can't be paid for with financial aid. Those sites are required, not helpful mind you but required, to do any of the course material.
>>
>>51150235
>Does it count as a supernatural power? Can it be passed on?

It'd be really counterintuitive if it wasn't supernatural in nature. The answer to both questions is yes.
>>
>>51150199
Not an option for me unfortunately. They are huge sticklers about it here.

>>51150206
Quicksilver did while he was still around, as a satire. It's eerie how it can still be applied here.
>>
>>51150237
Does Fook Yu's protection against Scry and Die tactics also make it impossible to see him coming by any means other than my normal senses?
>>
>>51149881
Come now. We both know it's just one or two people not worth knowing.

>>51149833
I am glad to see this one finished. Glorious stories await!~

Many thanks to you.

>>51150206
>Anyone know how to transmute Ki into Mana?
There's always Storm Hawks.

>>51150163
>buy me dinner
One day, Red. One day.

>>51150260
I know what you mean. But to be fair, Surge Concerto has straight up that (a person becoming skilled via possession from other reality).
>>
>>51150163
>Jeez, buy me dinner if you're going to half-ass your attempt to fuck me over at least.
I know a couple of fantastic seafood restaurants if you're down.
>>
>>51150131
>>51150227
Looking on the archives, it seems to be a little bit of both.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35636711/#35637632
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/36335408/#36348141
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45737384/#45745113
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45737384/#45745305
>>
File: hWCKod7.png (287KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
hWCKod7.png
287KB, 500x497px
>>51150335
>I know a couple of fantastic seafood restaurants if you're down.
...tell me more.
>>
>>51150238

It means that you can't benefit from the perk just by fucking off to your empty pocket dimension and doing nothing for eons, you have to actually be doing things, even if they are mundane Slice of Life stuff.

To put it another way: if you can tell the class what you did over the summer and not have it be some variant of "I did fuck all" then the perk would work.
>>
>>51150237
5. could you note that?
6. It's an all around awareness power.
8. Might wanna note that you can't use invincible items or we might.
>>
>>51150306
No.
>>
>>51150356
None of that is saying it's a skill booster, its all talking about raw oomph anon.
>>
>>51150237
Does XianXia protagonist's training booster work on things from other jumps?
>>
>>51150335
>Seafood
>Nasu flashbacks intensify
...Anon. Anon, no. That's indecent. Put that squid back where it belongs.
>>
>>51150356
>>51150418
I think the confusion is he's talking about HP wizards, who don't really grow in power, just become more skilled. But yeah I think the intent is clearly a raw power boost. Because, again, Nagi fucking sucks at magic and the perk doesn't mention anything like that.
>>
>>51150418
Uh, no? Dumbledore and Voldemort are only so powerful because of knowledge and skill. There's no inherent difference in power between them and other wizards. To put you in the "top few", it'd have to be skill in most systems, with maybe a bit of magic oomph on top.
>>
>>51150405
>8. Might wanna note that you can't use invincible items or we might.

Or, the item in question isn't invincible when you pick it for the drawback and only regains it invincibility once the jump is over.

>>51150421
>Does XianXia protagonist's training booster work on things from other jumps?

If it can be trained for, XP will work for it.
>>
File: low-country-boil.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
low-country-boil.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51150367
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=low+country+seafood+boil
>>
>>51150450
Well, there is this:

>Basically, assume it takes you from the intro "you're a wizard, Harry" levels most jumps put you at, and into Dumbledore-class.

Which is clearly a reference to skill.
>>
>>51150391
Fair enough. Thanks.
>>
>>51150460
And marvel clearly isn't referring to that here, he's talking about it like a raw power boost. He's pretty clearly using a poor example here and you're taking it as gospel instead of as a mistake.

I'm done debating this though. >>51150450
sums it up.

It's a fuck up on Marvel's end and clearly not what he was intending to say.
>>
File: savannah_seafood.jpg (174KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
savannah_seafood.jpg
174KB, 648x432px
>>51150440
Shhhhhh, no tears now. Only dreams.
>>
>>51150485
No? It doesn't. I think Marvel was just making an easy comparison and didn't realize how HP magic works.

Which, to be fair, isn't really his fault Rowling is just obtuse about it.
>>
File: Sniper wut.gif (141KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper wut.gif
141KB, 300x168px
>>51150467
Why are you serving food on newspaper? DO YOU KNOW HOW DIRTY NEWSPAPER IS?

Not that I enjoy the taste of seafood in the first place, but I can't imagine ink and dirty paper improving the taste much.
>>
>>51150464
>If it can be trained for, XP will work for it.
I've always wondered - can senses be considered trainable? I mean, exercises exist, but are technically mind related... Interesting.

>>51150515
Anon, stahp. I am watching a Bloodborn LP. This is not helping!

...My own fault, isn't it?
>>
>>51150537
>DO YOU KNOW HOW DIRTY NEWSPAPER IS?
Extraordinarily clean actually, that is why it is often used to wrap food among other things.
>>
File: 2085.jpg (43KB, 448x454px) Image search: [Google]
2085.jpg
43KB, 448x454px
>>51150515
>>
>>51150464
So is CP close to Shounen protagonist training in how fast you can improve? Like Ichigo's bullshit improvement level?
>>
>>51150530
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35636711/#35637632

What? "Intro" levels imply that it's boosting you from complete novice levels ("you're a wizard harry") to Dumbledore-level. Raw power is usually nothing even close to improving your magical ability, so much as it's usually a measure of potential.
>>
>>51150537
You would be shocked at how good Newspaper is for holding food, it is much cleaner than you would expect.
>>
>>51150537
Because that's how you do a boil. You put everything into a bigass pot -- seafood, potatoes, corn, sausage, other veggies, different seasonings -- and boil it. You don't add everything at the same time, mind you, things take different amounts of time to cook. But you cook it all together and when it's ready you strain it into a giant mesh wire basket and carry it out to a table where there's fresh newspaper laid out and you dump it all on there.

Get a few beers and some friends and have a great time.

Also, >>51150571 is correct. Newspaper is clean, so long as you don't dirty it up, and you don't get any ink bleeding into the food.
>>
>>51150599
Okay anon, have it your way. You clearly know more about Marvel's intention and how the series works than we do.
>>
>>51150593

It is close, yes. If you combine it with other training perks, however...
>>
File: 1371400010512.jpg (50KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1371400010512.jpg
50KB, 500x419px
>>51150467
>>51150515
Interesting. I've never had a boil before. It's always been garlic shrimp scampi, or boiling snow crab legs in a pot of beer to get some extra taste in there, or some nice fried calamari. Occasionally a dab into some Maine lobster tail. Though I'm a sucker for when someone does fish and chips GOOD, or whitefish bites. Catfish too. Also does alligator meat count as seafood?

I am aware that I am a fucking pleb.
>>
>>51150464
You might also wanna put in a size limit.... wait please dont I wanna be this giant Jade Mountain, i truth just a massive slab of Jade, that trains people now!
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.