[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 446
Thread images: 42

File: LeastGaySpaceMarinesGeneral.jpg (220KB, 641x842px) Image search: [Google]
LeastGaySpaceMarinesGeneral.jpg
220KB, 641x842px
New HQs Are Balanced Despite Having Better Stats Than Riptides edition

Last Thread: >>51135234

>List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Doom out for ride watcher)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>51138219
>>
>>51138241
What's the last line of Greyfax's power say? Can't make it out
>>
>>51138219
>Better Stats Than Riptides
Yeah, in melee.
>>
xth for cawl is fine but riptides are still op
>>
>>51138241
Xeno and Chaosfags btfo
>>
>>51138282
Basically for WC3 it's a 12" bubble instead as long as they're not vehicles.
>>
>a year of sick releases, bundles that actually over savings, revival of hobby, old classics
>GW revenue up 15 million GBP year over year
haters gonna hate but oh man
>>
>>51138282
"Alternatively you can attempt to manifest this power at Warp Charge 3 (decide before rolling). If you do *staticintensifies* enemy non-vehicle units within 12" of the caster."
>>
>>51138241
I want to have Celestine's babies
>>
>>51138315
>riptide has ap2 in melee
>celestine doesn't
SoB'S BLOWN FUCK OUT!
>>
Triumvirate of the Imperium (Formation)
Belisarius Cawl, Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax.
Friendly Army of the Imperium units within 12" of two or more Triumvirate models get Stubborn and auto-pass Pinning tests. If they are within 12" of all 3 models they get Fearless instead (Geminae don't count as models for this rule.
If one of the Triumvirate is the Warlord, then all 3 of the models get to use their Warlord Trait.

Conclave Acquisitorius (Formation)
Belisarius Cawl, 1-2 Battle Maniples or 1 War Cohort, 1 Holy Requistioner, 0-1 Cohort Cybernetica, 0-1 Numinous Conclave, 1-2 Imperial Knights or 1 Baronial Court
Everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
Each Character may upgrade one of their weapons (except relics) to have Master-Crafted
If the formation has the maximum number of units, everything gets Doctrina Imperitives
>>
>>51138346
Walkers aren't vehicles you idiot.
>>
>>51138373
Same power on every non-vehicle unit within 12".
>>
>>51138241
Those points cost are fucking disgustingly low. Why the fuck couldnt my Thousand Sons be costed like that? Fuck GW for letting two SW fanboys write WoM.
>>
Wrathful Crusade (Formation)
Celestine, Inquisitor Greyfax, 1 Space Marine Captain, 0-1 Sternguard, 2-4 Crusader Squads, 1-2 Assault Squads, 1 Militarum Tempestus Platoon. All Space Marine must have Black Templar Chapter Tactics
Everything gets Crusader
If the formation has the max number of units, everyone gets Zealot
All units can re-roll failed Charge rolls. If you roll 10 or more for your charge range, you get Furious Charge.

Grand Convocation Detachment:
Units can be drawn from Codex Astra Militarum, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Agents, Imperial Knights or Skitarii. The available units are restricted to mainly the ones from Codex: Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus and Imperial Knights though. Enginseers are the only Guard unit you can take
HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
All Vehicles get It Will Not Die. If they are within 12" of any HQ from the detachment, they also get Power of the Machine Spirit
If the formation hast the max number of units (except troops, since you can take unlimited lol...) then everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait
>>
>>51138393
>4000 point games: The Formation

Fuck that shit
>>
>>51138401

T-this is bait, right...?
>>
Is there any way to model the Foreworld Gargantuan Creature Daemon characters without their weapons?
>>
>>51138241

>Celestine doesn't have ap2

good thing the meta is full of terminators
>>
>>51138401
No, Walkers are Monstrous Creatures now.
>>
>>51138241

Greyfax confirmed for worse than Coteaz. Shoulda made her 100 points or something, that would be in line with how overpowered and underpriced everything in the game currently is.
>>
>>51138414
>Wrathful Crusade (Formation)

2big4me though the bonus is cool.
>>
Castellans of the Imperium Detachment
Units can be drawn from basically any Army of Imperium codex and their supplements. There's literally big lists of units you can take for each slot, which at a quick glance seems to basically include everything besides unique characters (aside from Black Templar, Adepta Sororitas and Inquisition unique characters though, which can be taken. Pask and Yarrick too). Interestingly enough, Codex: Inquisition and Codex: Adepta Sororitas are listed alongside Codex: Imperial Agents as available sources. That should clear that debate right up.
HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
All units get Hatred. If you have the max number of units, except troops, everyone gets Zealot
Each time a Troops Choice is destroyed, roll a d6. On a 5+ an identical unit immediately goes into Ongoing Reserve, and counts as a unit from this detachment (so it can potentially be recycled again later)
>>
>>51138443
>Denies Magnus on 4's
>Fuck Infiltrators in a 24" bubble
>complains she is 150
Get fucked.
>>
File: IMG_1289.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1289.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
The amount of fucking flash on these guardsmen are insane, and make me want to pull my hair out due to making sure each one is moldline free. Holy fucking hell is this normal?

Making Genestealer Cult Neophytes btw.
>>
>>51138423
just rip them off, but it'd be a waste
>>
>>51138420
Two of the four missions in the book are to play them in apocalypse format
>>
>>51138422
>>51138438
Exactly, just take a sample of any of the walkers fielded today.
Riptides, ghost keels, dread knights, kastelans...

The list goes on.
>>
>>51138443
>even if hat-candle fails Tau unit can't overwatch
>>
>>51138414
What is with GW's fetish for these 5000 point formations?
>>
>>51138241
Greyfax is hilariously squishy and isn't much more than a support model but her model alone makes her worth fielding.
>>
>>51138483
for old kits it kind of is, but new kits never have the issue. The molds break down after a while.

Guardsmen are from 2002 if I recall.

The new neophyte box is awesome, but I suppose some people prefer the look of cadians.
>>
File: Beoth.jpg (119KB, 355x689px) Image search: [Google]
Beoth.jpg
119KB, 355x689px
Are most Chaos Astartes, Traitor Guardsmen and Cultists technically Mutant to a degree if they've set up camp in the Eye or some other Warp Storm?
>>
>>51138483
did you just start playing this year or something? literally all models were like this in 2012
>>
File: 1315189561617.jpg (174KB, 1207x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1315189561617.jpg
174KB, 1207x1000px
>>51138241

>mfw Belisarus Cawl will be my first Admech model ever
>mfw Iron Hand tactics all day every day
>>
>>51138478
>>Denies Magnus on 4's

You won't deny a Tzeentch player anything.

>>Fuck Infiltrators in a 24" bubble

Servo skulls lol.
>>
File: 99120113030_TauRiptide01.jpg (92KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
99120113030_TauRiptide01.jpg
92KB, 920x950px
>>51138429
It's full of TEQs though.
>>
>>51138460
Finally an easy way to add Mordian and Preatorians to my SoB.

Nice
>>
>>51138241
What are his Canticles of the archmagos?
>>
File: Adrastia_dow2r_cover_art.jpg (662KB, 1920x2493px) Image search: [Google]
Adrastia_dow2r_cover_art.jpg
662KB, 1920x2493px
>>51138515
>not using her model as another Inquisitor

hue
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey it's that Emperors Children Anon, just thought I'd show you what I got done this evening.
>>
>>51138501
Most of those walkers would still be effective if you turned their toughness into all three armour sides, turned their wounds into hullpoints and took away the vehicle damage chart.
>>
>>51138414
Grand Convocation Detachment seems ike the new base for my admech, 2 tech preist Eng. and either a Dominous or crawl. then skitarii units
>>
>>51138460
Does this include Grey Knights?
>>
>>51138536
>2+ armor save
>even has a 3++ like a storm shield
>can deep strike

That Tau guy was right! Some TEQ can't even DS!
>>
>>51138508
higher point games means you gotta buy more models to field it. They also know that you are more likely to buy kits and expand an army if you already have at least a few units for them (in for a penny in for a pound syndrome), so they make sure the really big formations draw from more than one codex.
>>
>>51138483
Nah, Guardsman are just a really old kit, unfortunately. That's one of the problem with older models.

Honestly, I want them to get the FW guardsmen treatment, but in plastic.
>>
File: NL_Assault.jpg (67KB, 582x774px) Image search: [Google]
NL_Assault.jpg
67KB, 582x774px
>>51138219
So, that Night Lords guy from two threads back. I did a little bit more work, amd I agree, that the Chapter should be a bit more of a outcast. Although, I like the idea that the Night Lord's focus on vindication and revenge fets passed onto the newer recruits, and this in turn gives them a popularity amongst other Imperials, ironically enough. I also like the idea of some Inquisitor somehow stumbling onto their secret, and now has the Chapter by the rope.
>>
>>51138486

I don't know. I kinda want to see some with some other weapons like Angrath with a giant set of claws or the Lord of Change one with a giant book.
>>
>>51137152

This is great because the same Cadian supplement rules are in the Montka campaign books. Montka takes place on a planet that isn't Cadia.
>>
>>51138508
The people writing these rules likely have huge armies by now.
>>
>any army that contains Celestine (or is from a Wrathful Crusade formation or Castallens of the Imperium detachment) lets characters take items from the new Ecclesiarchy Relics list. Choices include a 35pt Eternal Warrior relic, 15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves, a 35pt relic that gives a 4+ invuln save and stops Deep Strikes within 12" (if they scatter within 12", auto mishap!) and a 30pt Power Sword that on a pass Ld Test becomes S+2, AP2.
>>
>>51138576
Oh and give them an armour save. One that can be taken away with the right AP but otherwise works as any other saves on vehicles. Actually do this and give them back the Vehicle damage chart.
>>
>>51138603
i hope you like converting, green stuffing, and pinning then
>>
>>51138168 anyone ?
>>
>>51138585
codex imperial agents for grey knights
>>
>>51138557
fuck if I know, those look like they come from assembly instructions, not Fall of Cadia. People have been dropping text wargear and special rules all night, though.
>>
>>51138557
I've forgotten the names for them
>Give IWND
>Give 2 rolls on IWND
>Give 3 rolls on IWND

>6+ Invul
>5+ Invul
>4+ Invul

>+1 bs
>+2 bs
>+3 bs
>>
>>51138622

>S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves

Is that supposed to be used against Celestine or something?
>>
>>51138241
>CAWL
>200pts
my fucking omnissiah, this is Scoria levels of bullshit
>>
>>51138622
>15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves

[heavy breathing]
>>
>>51138557
Assuming 8+

3 IWND rolls canticle

+3 BS Canticle

4+ Invuln canticle
>>
>>51138522
Yes. The amount of Chaos Corruption in the Warp can kill lesser men.

>>51138529
That's adorable. I assume that's an edit?
>>
>>51138393
>Conclave Acquisitorius (Formation)
>Belisarius Cawl, 1-2 Battle Maniples or 1 War Cohort, 1 Holy Requistioner, 0-1 Cohort Cybernetica, 0-1 Numinous Conclave, 1-2 Imperial Knights or 1 Baronial Court
>Everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
>Each Character may upgrade one of their weapons (except relics) to have Master-Crafted
>If the formation has the maximum number of units, everything gets Doctrina Imperitives

>>51138414
>Grand Convocation Detachment:
>Units can be drawn from Codex Astra Militarum, Cult Mechanicus, Imperial Agents, Imperial Knights or Skitarii. The available units are restricted to mainly the ones from Codex: Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus and Imperial Knights though. Enginseers are the only Guard unit you can take
>HQ: 2-4, Troops: 4+, Elites: 0-6, Fast Attack: 0-6, Heavy Support: 0-6, LoW: 0-3
>All Vehicles get It Will Not Die. If they are within 12" of any HQ from the detachment, they also get Power of the Machine Spirit
>If the formation hast the max number of units (except troops, since you can take unlimited lol...) then everything gets Canticles of the Omnissiah
>Warlord can re-roll Warlord Trait

Disappointing. The bonuses don't seem worth the restrictions when you can still just take a War Convo.
>>
>>51138595
Well I've been eying GSC since they were revealed last year because the concept and lore about em are awesome as fuck, so finding out that GW made it to where you could convert Guardsmen into em was good for me because I have a shit load of unassembled guardsmen, it's just annoying as hell having to remove all these mold lines, like fuck. I won't be adding anymore guardsmen neophytes to my GSC army, just the ones I have, here on out it's all the actual Neophyte and GSC stuff.
>>
>>51138634

eBay or Craigslist your shit away if you're sick of it. Otherwise paint your complete models and acquire the rest in bits lots or from bits merchants on eBay.
>>
>>51138655
15 points if you are Sororitas or are in a special formation. 215 points for ANY CHARACTER IN THE IMPERIUM because you need to also field Celestine in the army.
>>
>>51138662

Grand Convocation isn't meant to replace War Convocation, its meant to make Imperial heavy support great again.
>>
>>51138676
the rest of the question though, like is there any point getting into a hobby where I am being fucked coming and going ? wheres the fun part ?
>>
>>51138643
St Celestine:
* 200pts, comes with her 2 Geminae Superia included.
* 5wounds, up from 3 otherwise her statline is the same.. AND SHE HAS ETERNAL WARRIOR!!! (technically she doesn't have the Shield of Faith special rule any more, and neither do the Geminae, but Celestine gets Adamantium Will to make up for it)
* The Ardent Blade now has the Armourbane rule, otherwise the same.
* Celestine gets a once per game Orbital Barrage called The Emperor's Vengeance! Range Unlimited, S8, AP3, Assault 1, Barrage, Large Blast, Orbital.
* Geminae Superia are WS5, BS4, S3, T3, I4, 2W, 2A, 3+ Armour
* Celestine can join units along with her Geminae!!
* Geminae have Divine Guardian rule. This gives them a 4+ Invuln, and whilst any of them are alive all wounds against Celestine are resolved against the closest Geminae instead!
* Healing Tears: At the start of each of your turns, set up a single slain Geminae anywhere within 2" of Celestine! Looks like mum isn't the only one who can come back from the dead!
* Miraculous Intervention is unchanged from the ebook, other than that it specifies she can use Healing Tears to bring a Geminae back to life on the turn she 'resurrects'
>>
File: 1482872077673.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482872077673.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>51138647
Truly this is evidence that following the omnissiah is the only true way.
>>
* Saintly Blessings: Celestine can give a 12" radius buff to friendly non-vehicle Army of the Imperium units at the start of each of your turns. Each buff can only be used once per game, and affect units based on their Battlefield Role (independent chars get effected as long as they stay in the unit):
HQ Units: Zealot until the start of the next turn
Troops: FNP 6+ until the start of next turn. If models already have FNP, they get a +1 bonus to FNP instead...
Elites: Counter-Attack and Furious Charge until start of next turn
Fast Attack: Crusader and Fleet until start of next turn
Heavy Support: Relentless until start of next turn
Lord of War: It Will Not Die for the rest of the game.
In addition to all that, any army that contains Celestine (or is from a Wrathful Crusade formation or Castallens of the Imperium detachment) lets characters take items from the new Ecclesiarchy Relics list. Choices include a 35pt Eternal Warrior relic, 15pt S4 AP2 pistol that ignores invulnerable saves, a 35pt relic that gives a 4+ invuln save and stops Deep Strikes within 12" (if they scatter within 12", auto mishap!) and a 30pt Power Sword that on a pass Ld Test becomes S+2, AP2.
>>
>>51138698
Except it appears the only vehicles it can take in Heavy Support are crabtanks, which can already access IWND through free wargear in the War Convo.
>>
>>51138719

Not until IA14 because lol if you think I'm going to use GW's ugly ass plastic robots.
>>
>>51138702

The fun part is painting/fighting is fun. If its not fun, just leave. Hell, just throw all your shit in the dumpster or drop it off at a GW store for them to give away and move on with your life.
>>
Relics:

Arcana Mechanicum - Characters that can normally take a relic and are part of a Conclave Acquistorius Formation, Grand Concavaction Detachment or are in an army that includes Belsarius Cawl can take these:
Numinasta's Casket of Electromancy (30pts) - Once per game, can fire this instead of another ranged weapon. Automatically targets and hits all enemy units (including Flyers and Flying Monstrous Creatures) within range, regardless of LoS. Range: 2d6", S3, AP -, Assault 1, Haywire, One Use Only.
Quantum Annihilator (30pts) - Replaces a weapon. Range: 18", S 2d6, AP2, Assault D3, Quantum Paradox - Each time it fires, roll 2d6 to determine strength after target unit has been chosen. If it rolls above 10, it wounds automatically with Instant Death rule (or is an auto Pen against vehicles)
Sacrifactum Autorepulsor (15pts) - Enemies charging the bearer or their unit suffer a -2 Charge Penalty that stacks with any other penalty
Memento-Mortispex (30pts) - At the start of each of your turns, choose a rule to apply to the bearer and their unit (or weapons as appropriate): Cognis Weapons (BS2 snapfire, Flamers do 3 hits rather than d3 with Wall of Death in overwatch), Monster Hunter, Skyfire or Tank Hunter
Omnissiah's Grace (10pts) - Bearer has 6+ Invulnerable Save. If they already had an Invulnerable Save, they get a +1 to their Invulnerable to a max of 3+.
Saint Curia's Autopurger (25pts) - Models charging the bearer and their unit do not get extra attacks for charging. All models that are locked in combat with the bearer and their unit must pass a Toughness test at I10 step, or suffer 1 Wound for each test failed (can take saves as normal).
>>
>>51138702
>so autistic you need someone to tell you to quit something if you don't find it fun or worthwhile
>>
>>51138734
It does say that you might be able to pull units from AM
>>
relics:

Ecclesiarchy Relics - Characters that can normally take a relic and are part of a Wrathful Crusade Formation, Castellans of the Imperium Detachment or are in an army that includes Celestine can take one of these relics.
Skull of Petronella the Pious (30pts) - Bearer, and all models in a unit they join, have a 6+ Invuln.
Blade of the Worthy (30pts) - replaces a melee weapon. S User / +2, AP3 / 2, Melee, Divine Fury: At the start of the Fight Sub-phase, the bearer makes a Ld test. If they pass, the sword uses the second profile for the duration of the phase.
Castigator (15pts) - Range: 12", S4, AP2, Pistol, Unstoppable Vengeance: Invulnerable saves cannot be taken against wounds caused by Castigator
The Font of Fury (10pts) - Once per game, the bearer can use this instead of another ranged weapon. Range: 8", S3, AP-, Assault 1, Large Blast, Poison 4+, One Use Only, Bane of Evil: becomes Poison 2+ against enemy units with Chaos Space Marine, Chaos Demon or Khorne Demonkin faction
Shroud of the Anti-Martyr (35pts) - Bearer has Eternal Warrior
Desvalle's Holy Circle (35pts) - Bearer has a 4+ Invulnerable. Enemy units cannot Deep-Strike within 12" of the bearer. If they scatter within 12" of the Bearer, they suffer an automatic Deep Strike Mishap.
>>
>>51138460
>0-6 FA
>six Dom Squads
>0-6 HS
>six Exorcists

Sistsers 2500

Celestine 200

6x
Dominion x5 170
Melta x4
Immolator TLMM

4x
Battle Sisters x5
Flamer Heavy Flamer
Immolator TLMM

6x
Exorcist
>>
>>51138750
>Quantum Annihilator (30pts) - Replaces a weapon. Range: 18", S 2d6, AP2, Assault D3, Quantum Paradox - Each time it fires, roll 2d6 to determine strength after target unit has been chosen. If it rolls above 10, it wounds automatically with Instant Death rule (or is an auto Pen against vehicles)

Nigga you what
>>
* Saintly Blessings: Celestine can give a 12" radius buff to friendly non-vehicle Army of the Imperium units at the start of each of your turns. Each buff can only be used once per game, and affect units based on their Battlefield Role (independent chars get effected as long as they stay in the unit):
HQ Units: Zealot until the start of the next turn
Troops: FNP 6+ until the start of next turn. If models already have FNP, they get a +1 bonus to FNP instead...
Elites: Counter-Attack and Furious Charge until start of next turn
Fast Attack: Crusader and Fleet until start of next turn
Heavy Support: Relentless until start of next turn
Lord of War: It Will Not Die for the rest of the game.
>>
>>51138760
I found it fun once, seeing that there is so many barriers to enjoying it now I wondered where the draw is.

But you know what, if the game is populated by people like you I'll just give them away to some random autist in the store.

I appreciate you helping me come to this conclusion anon.
>>
>>51138747
I know its that simple but its hard letting go of something I used to enjoy so much, thanks for being chill though dude.
>>
>>51138800
30pts for what averages out to a plasma caliver with 1 less shot but no gets hot. Meh.
>>
>>51138805

>Do you like it?
No
>Do you want to like it again?
No

See? Not that hard. Stop being autism.
>>
>>51138750
>three super friendly characters for your super friends list
>not only do you get to bring them in any army you wish
>they bring their entire bag of toys for your characters to play with!
Yay for super friends!

Seeing as you can take him as a hq for any imperium army does this mean you can now technically take a skittles CAD?
>>
>>51138805
Mate, you have some seriously thin skin to be triggered over someone on a Mongolian Underwater Basket Weaving Forum Where The First Letter Of Every Word In It's Title Is In Caps Except The Last one.

But seriously man, just do what you want. I personally find it fun to paint, but not build tbqh, I hate that mostly. But I have to do it though, so eh.

Anyways, the hobby has always been expensive, but thanks to based Roundtree new stuff and (slightly) lower prices are happening. Things are going up.
>>
>>51138412
Cawl

Fucking unbelievable for 200pts
>>
>>51138805

Don't let sunk cost fallacy stop you from quitting if it's no longer fun. Quit if you're going to quit don't hang around and suffer through it just because you mistakenly think you shouldn't quit.
>>
>>51138750
>>51138771

I think that the weapons are really tempting but are ultimately a points trap. You're not going to drop points on an HQ unit to shoot at 12-18", and you're not going to close distance with an HQ unit unless you intend to charge something with it anyway - at which point, the other relics would serve better purpose.
>>
>>51138805
Hit too close to home, kiddo?
>>
>>51138864
No, I don't think it works that way
>>
>>51138412

Because Thousand Sons sucks.
>>
They really are just making not!AoS, aren't they...

Instead of having 4 overarching factions, we get super FoC that can include other factions.
>>
>>51138750
Could you put the Quantum Annihilator on an Enginseer?
>>
>>51138241
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLPG88u3lM
>>
>>51138872
I'm not triggered, part of me just wanted to be talked back into the community, but I got my answer either way.

Yeah I get a lot of fun out of painting too, but its a lot of time to invest in something that just sits there, hence why I wanted to know a little more about the community.

Ahh well, some wide eyed kid full of wonder will get a couple thousand points of crons/iron warriors at royal mile on sat, I'll enjoy the karma at least.
>>
>>51138351
so this is the true power of brexit
>>
So, what would /tg/ think if I did prussian style skitarii, (Prussian blue coats with red trim)
>>
>>51138919
Is that so bad, though? If it keeps going this way, I might have a way to field a fluffy list of my Grey Knights and have it not be complete garbage because it'll be supplemented by Space Marines, IG, =][=, etc.
>>
>>51138351
>the hobby is dying
>gw closing soon???
>>
>>51138952
It's great if you're part of the imperium, not so much for everyone else.
>>
Fall of Cadia leaks aside, do we know anything about this month's Made to Order yet? We usually have leaks by now but I've seen nothing so far.
>>
>>51138875
Your entirely right dude, thanks.
>>
>>51138942
Smexy. You might want to rethink the red on blue color scheme, and consider gold, silver, yellow, white, or somewhere on the greyscale. Then you're obeying the rule of tinctures, and your models will look better.
>>
>>51138952
>200 pts of GK
>1550 pts of Codex Marines
>its totally a grey knights list!

Yes. It is because adding allies doesn't fix anything that's wrong with what you're allying into in the first place.
>>
>>51138967
>playing non Imperium

lmao@urlife2bh
>>
>>51138750
So what's the best one to give Cawl for free in a War Convo
>>
>>51138634
no, no one wants to hear you cry.
>>
>>51138460
ups soz guys... Grey Knights, Death Watch and Legion of the Damned are specifically not available in the Castellans of the Imperium Detachment.
>>
>>51138994
Not sure Cawl can take one himself.
>>
>>51138983
then maybe a lighter blue?
>>
>>51139012
>Agents of the Imperium
>>
>>51138989
Nigga, I own at least 2k of Grey Knights. I love my Paladins in space, but they have serious issues stemming from being a 2014(early 7th) codex. Like fuck, if I could take a squad of Lascannon Devastators to give me SOME hope against AV13+ or even a fucking drop pod, I'd be happy.
>>
File: techpriestess.jpg (248KB, 641x1000px) Image search: [Google]
techpriestess.jpg
248KB, 641x1000px
>>51138750
>Memento-Mortispex (30pts) - At the start of each of your turns, choose a rule to apply to the bearer and their unit (or weapons as appropriate): Cognis Weapons (BS2 snapfire, Flamers do 3 hits rather than d3 with Wall of Death in overwatch), Monster Hunter, Skyfire or Tank Hunter
skyfire kataphron grav spam. it has been done
praise the omnissiah
>>
>>51139013
Need wording on their ability to replace any HQ in the imperium.
>>
>>51138750

>Memento-Mortispex (30pts) - At the start of each of your turns, choose a rule to apply to the bearer and their unit (or weapons as appropriate): Cognis Weapons (BS2 snapfire, Flamers do 3 hits rather than d3 with Wall of Death in overwatch), Monster Hunter, Skyfire or Tank Hunter

Will this make termies great again?
>>
>>51138750

>The Autopurger

holy fucking shit what, that completely assbangs orks nids and deldar more than they were already being assbanged by geedubs

>lol 2/3rds if your army take a wound at I 10

>1/6 of the saves pass

>30 hormagaunts reduced to 13 hormagaunts before they can even strike back
>>
>>51139036
is a specific restriction rule, for the datachment, which I had not seen at first reading
>>
File: NightLordTest.jpg (60KB, 468x671px) Image search: [Google]
NightLordTest.jpg
60KB, 468x671px
>TL is mostly meh except for DG
>book about cadia falling is completely busted in favor of the Marines

At least I'll enjoy painting my spooks...
>>
>>51139049
wut, why would it
>>
>>51139048
Not just that but also I don't think he has the option to take Relics so that precludes him taking from the new list.
>>
>>51139066

its fucking 5th ed purifiers all over again holy shit
>>
>>51139066
Don't charge that unit with 30 hormagaunts, then?

t. Nid player
I know we have a shit codex but you don't have to also pilot it like shit just to act more victimized.
>>
Inquisitor Greyfax - 150pts

Standard Inquisitor Statline, comes with power armour.
She also has a Master-crafted Condemmor Boltgun and a Master-crafted Power Sword, and a Psyocculum. Frag, Krak and Psyk-out grenades
Preferred Enemy (Psykers). Which is funny because...
Psyker Mastery Level 2! I love the hypocrisy in that! She is a true Inquistior
Indomitable Will: When making Deny the Witch attempts, she always counts as a higher mastery level than the enemy psyker.
Warlord Trait is Master of Interrogation (the "enemy cannot set up infiltrators within 24" one)
She always knows the Aura of Oppression psychic power, and can generate two more from Telepathy.
Aura of Oppression: WC 1. Malediction that targets a single non-vehicle unit, which must immediately take a Pinning Test. Even if they pass, they cannot Run, Turbo-boost, Sweeping Advance or Overwatch whilst the power is in effect. Alternatively, you can choose to manifest it at WC3, in which case it targets all enemy non-vehicle units within 12".
>>
File: Mechanicum.1.jpg (15KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanicum.1.jpg
15KB, 251x252px
>>51139071
Move over bitch ass Marines, this is the Admech book
>>
>>51139042

Yea. That's my point. You shouldn't be forced to ally to beat shit like that. They should fix broken shit not just spread around bullshit.
>>
>>51138575
Cool! Building a warband?
>>
>>51138750
>12 Fragstorm hits and 18 shotgun hits on overwatch
FUCK YOU, WULFEN SHITS
>>
Hey Anons, new to the hobby, how do I paint arms/weapons that aren't stuck to the main model?

Spray just blows them about and I get uneven coverage with primer.
>>
>>51138575
Good shit anon, I like it so far.
>>
Shit, missed the new thread so I'll just repost.

> Cawl
> Character(Infantry)
Can you put him in a goddamn transport?
>>
>>51139123
Stick them down so the primer doesn't blow them about.
>>
>>51139123
>Find bits
>Tape/sticky-tack to painting surface
>???
>Profit
>>
>>51138788
2-4 hqs
>>
>>51139123
spray them still on the sprue, thin your paints.
>>
>>51139123
prime them when they're still on the sprue or find some way to hold them down, a pin or something sticky like gum.
>>
>>51139138

Thats an easy question. The real question you should ask is can you put him on a goddamn bike.
>>
>>51139123
get some mounting tape and put them on a 2x4
>>
>>51139138
Yep. He's a mere "Very Bulky". For some reason GW doesn't like to use the "Extremely Bulky" rule even though this is a textbook case for where it should apply if there ever was one.
>>
>>51139152
>>51139149

I need to cut it off the sprue and scrape down moldlines, won't the paint come off?
>>
>>51139146

Oh damn. Oh well.
>>
>>51139153
No, you cannot. How the fuck would that possibly work.
>>
>>51139159
What the fuck, does this mean his aura of buffs can come from a bigass unit like a landraider
OR A FUCKING GORGON
>>
>>51139159

He can roll himself into a metal ball to fit in a transport so I don't think Extremely Bulky would apply. Hell, he can group hug infantry to fit in a transport.
>>
>>51139184
Nope, buffs don't work from transports unless they say they do.
>>
>>51139179

You put him on a bike. How else would it work?
>>
>>51139175
Yeah, don't listen to him, spraying on the sprue is retarded. Get some putty or double-sided tape and a piece of wood to stick your models onto and use that as a handle to turn them about and hold them in place while you spray.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (7KB, 150x201px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
7KB, 150x201px
>>51139094

doesn't just fuck over hormagaunts though

its almost as effective against harlequins and genestealer cults, and can even kill a MEQ a turn.

and thats in addition to all the other attacks a model gets

and don't forget this can be taken by any imperial character, you can fit this baby on one of the librarians in a smashfucker deathstar and become immune to tarpits

its crazy
>>
>>51139203

What about open topped transports?
>>
>>51139203
Thank fuck
> I thought Grimaldus' fnp aura still worked though?
> fuck have I been cheating for a year
>>
>>51139211
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>51138769
Learn to read.
>>
>>51139188
>He can roll himself into a metal ball to fit in a transport
Belisamus Aran with the fucking MORPH BALL UP IN HERE AW YISS NIGGA

That is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>51139232
No difference.
>>
>>51139208
Please point to me on any rules text where he has the option to take a bike.

I know this is bait so why am I even replying?
>>
>>51139071
>TL is mostly meh except for DG
This is false. Nearly all of the legions are great design-wise and they all certainly make them much stronger. On top of this at least 4 have tournament potential.
>>
Belisarus Cawl - 200pts
WS5, BS5, S5, T6, W5, I3, A3, Ld10, Sv 2+
Wargear:
Arc Scourge: S+1, AP4, Melee, Haywire, Master-Crafted, Machine Scourge: can re-roll the result of the Haywire rule
Solar Atomiser: Range 12", S10, AP1, Assault D3, Master-crafted, Melta (this is his relic gun)
Master-crafted Power Axe
Mechadendrite Hive: When a model with a Mechadendrite Hive makes it attacks, it makes an additional 2d6 attacks with its Mechadendrites (S4, AP-, Melee), and a single attack with its Dataspike (S User, AP-, Melee, Haywire), at the initiative 10 step. Does not grant an additional Pile In Move.
Scryerskull
Refractor field
Special Rules
Canticles of the Omnissiah
Canticles of the Archmagos (see below)
Feel No Pain
Independent Character
Very Bulky
Artificer Self-repair Mechanisms: At the Start of each of your turns, Belisarius Cawl recovers D3 Wounds lost earlier in the battle
Warlord Trait - Masterwork Bionics: Belisarius Cawl can re-roll failed FNP rolls.
>>
>>51139294

I don't believe you, especially compared to the shit spewing out of the FoC book.
>>
>>51139217
>you can fit this baby on one of the librarians in a smashfucker deathstar and become immune to tarpits
Smashfucker Librarius bikestars are already so utterly fucking broken that no one should be playing against them in the first place, let alone with an army running something like hormagaunts.
>>
Belisarius Cawl also gets some new Canticles, called Canticles of the Archmagos. They can only be used if he is on the battlefield, in exactly the same way as regular canticles, except they also affect friendly Army of the Imperium vehicles within 12" of Belsarius even if they don't have the Canticles of the Omnissiah rule.

Harmony of Metalurgy
1-3 Units: It Will Not Die
4-7 Units: It Will Not Die. Make two ITWND rolls for affected units instead of only 1
8+ Units: It Will Not Die. Make three ITWND rolls for affected units instead of only 1
Utterance of Neutralisation
1-3 Units: +1 Ballistic Skill
4-7 Units: +2 Ballistic Skill
8+ Units: +3 Ballistic Skill
War Hymnal of Fortitude
1-3 Units: 6+ Invulnerable Save
4-7 Units: 5+ Invulnerable Save
8+ Units: 4+ Invulnerable Save
>>
File: 1484048375669.jpg (41KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1484048375669.jpg
41KB, 540x540px
What are the best UK based third party retailers? I usually use triple helix, wondering if there is anyone better out there?
>>
>>51139308
>10,000 years of experience and augments
>WS5 BS5

Hue
>>
>have wanted to start 40k for a bit
>literally every time something new comes out everyone has a nuclear meltdown about how the game is now past the point of no return
>this time it's cawl
>a few months later everyone forgets about it

should . . . should I even start playing this game?
>>
File: 300px-Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg (45KB, 300x498px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg
45KB, 300x498px
>>51139308
Other Characters are you even trying?
>>
>>51139311
DG, WE, and AL are all extremely strong. EC is within spitting distance.
>>
>>51139344

I've always heard people from outside the UK saying they wish they could buy from waylandgames but can't.
>>
>>51139344
Dark Sphere
>>
>>51139346
>experience
Mostly as an Archaeologist. Lelith Hesperax he is not.
>>
>>51139346
WS5 is pretty good for a fucking scientist who should never be in frontline combat.

BS 5 is a base before adding in Canticles and such, I think it fits fine. Plus most of his shit is Master-Crafted.
>>
>>51139346
Doesn't even matter, the amount of hits he puts out in melee will shred shit, and he has a s10 Melta
>>
>>51139349

You shouldn't play the game just to follow it like everyone else does. You should play it to do what you yourself enjoy and not what's "good" or "new". It's impossible to paint fast enough to keep up with all the shit anyway so just focus on your own thing.
>>
>>51139355
EC is better than AL and probably better than WE too.
>>
>>51139355

None of them except MAYBE DG will stand a chance against this new shit.
>>
>>51139346
That's because he's not part of the Ordo Reductor. Ordo Reductor Magi are swole and have angry robo skeleton cyborgs that are stronger than SM instead of organics for an army.
>>
>>51139308
> T6
> W5
> 2+/5++/rerollable fnp
fuck anyone know how orks could kill this mf
suprised he doesnt have EW desu
>>
>>51139368
>>51139369
Monicas
>>
>>51139417

So even though he's not as cool as the clearly coolest part of the Mechanicum, they let him be the overall leader?

Mechanicus, you need to step up your politics game. Look at how the IG, Imperium, Inquisition, and marines do it. Only badasses need apply.
>>
>>51139431
what, you don't have access to a lot of instant death? shame
>>
>>51139442
Cawl is a dyel manlet archmagos there to fuck with the pylons, he's not a soldier strictly speaking.
>>
>>51139431
Don't forget he regains D3 Wounds at the start of every turn flat out no roll required and still has access to Canticles that will give him things like better invuln or triple-IWND.
>>
Cawl looks pretty good
His repair should have a 1/6 chance of exploding the planet
>>
>>51139442
>they let him be the overall leader?
He's not even the leader of the AdMech as a whole. The Fabricator-General would probably put this guy to shame.
>>
>>51139431
Unless you have some 'instant death on 6' relic or character, nothing springs to mind. Either that, or get a superheavy to go stomp on him
>>
>>51139463
Bruh I'll send my weirdboy on him
>>
>>51139408
No. World Eaters have easily attainable first turn charges for multiple units in the army. WEs themselves are new cheap, fearless, and very efficient melee combats and they will be completely in your face immediately.

Alpha Legion have mass infiltrate, multiplying cultist bullshit. And an automatic from VP advantage. That's pretty damned huge in Tournaments.
>>
Cawl is a dumb beta cuck who got tricked by Trazyn

what good is being a super smart guy magus if you're going to get tricked by robo gypsies
>>
>>51139494
Real shame about that Initiative 2. But good idea, otherwise.
>>
>>51139513
It's just Cadia, who cares desu
>>
>>51139493
Shit just remembered headwoppas killchoppa
> instant death and rending on a 6 at initiative 4
ERE WE GO BOYS
> inb4 warbosses are fasta than a retard
>>
>>51139538
And people say Orks are bad, baka
>>
>>51139320
you know smashfucker sucks right? its a deathstar that at minimum is 480 with command squad, or 590 with only 3 librarians.
the best wa to run it is to go biomancy for endurance on a 4 deep conclave. but they still lack hit and run, damage output, hit and run, tactical flexability and viability, and also they dont have hit and run.
khan bike spam is much better, probably because it has hit and run
>best rule in the game (besides TL if you count that)
>>
File: 1471432948225.png (4MB, 1660x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1471432948225.png
4MB, 1660x1076px
>>51139494
shame you don't have a real monster to beat up the nerd in honorable combat

but yeah, he's not going down easily.

>>51139515
weirdboys are i3 actually so they would strike at the same time but cawl could out fight him (i'm gonna ignore all the other stuff like a squad of destroyers or overwatch or shooting)
>>
>>51139511

And what happens when Tac Squads with drop pods start respawning when you kill them T1? How's that infiltrating 3+ armor going to work on Celestine? There are too many relics to count that fuck up everything on top of that.
>>
>>51139536

They should just rebuild Cadia completely and name it Cybertro-
>>
>>51139570
Nice try faggot but the Conclave can be WS to give the libbys H&R and they can giv it to Smashfaggot
He's a shit way to spend points but requires an entire task force to take him out
>>
Should Black Templars Devastator Squads cost less than Imperial Fists Devastator Squads since they are less powerful?
>Why/why not?
>>
>>51139617

You're dumb.
>>
>>51139617
They (BT) get AW and Crusader squads for their chapter tactic, IF get better shooting.
Its a decent trade but the meta makes it shit
> Inb4 obsec landraiders
>>
>>51139308
>him plus a biomancy libby rolling for enfeeble
just roll up to a riptide wing and start cooking them with martian death rays
>>
>>51139617
>Black Templars Devastator Squads

HA! Good joke anon.
>>
>>51139617
Might replace Black Templars with Salamanders since they prolly have the worst Devastator Squads.
>>
>>51138515

Don't forget that Inquisitors keep their warlord traits even if they aren't the warlord. So you're paying 150 pts to neutralize all infiltrators, and eliminate overwatch in 12''
>>
>>51139608
chapter tactics dont work that way anymore dummy. not hit and run for SF without celestine or daunte.
>>
>>51139670
>just roll a footslogger with no Deep Strike capability to within 12" of a jetpack unit with a 72" gun
Ok.
>>
>>51138241

Cawl is ridiculous, he's Wraithknight tier undercosted. Absolutely broken for 200 points.

Celestine is back to being OP just like she used to be, it's good Sisters of Battle have her again.

Inquisitor Greyfax is decent. Playable, but will die a lot.
>>
>>51139710
>implying Celestine isn't getting chucked into every Imperial superfriends deathstar immediately
>>
uooo! The planet explodes after they escape (although not all of the survivors), it does not happen just when the failure occurs with the pylons, the chaos draw away almost like winners watching as the crimson path begins and the eye expands and devour everything that is nearby, but the few imperial ones that remain on cadia have to flee desperately, the book ends when imperial forces escape through portals to the webway open by a harlequin shadowseer... ;)
>>
>>51139710
> wouldn't Duterte grant instant death
>>
>>51139684

What the hell is a "prolly"?
>>
>>51139672
Codex is canon, heresy is canon.
>>51139666
Crusader Squads are bad though. My question is if it's okay that some units are unviable for certain chapters. Is it okay that you have to know which chapter you want to play before you assemble your models and that you have to rip your minis apart when you change chapters if you don't want strictly worse versions of other chapter's units?

Should a long ranged Salamanders army be as viable as a long ranged Imperial Fists army?
>>
>>51139734
>Celestine is back to being OP just like she used to be, it's good Sisters of Battle have her again.
Everyone has her. There's like three dozen extra rules that let her be taken as HQ in any Imperium army. Same with the other two.

They even auto-fit in formations that don't mention them.
>>
What's a decent fluffy Dark Angels list at 1000pts?
>>
>>51139769
Just proxy chapter tactics if they are roughly similar. Only a truly dick player would deny you that ability
>>
>>51139578
Eh. Doing so means they're giving up the Formations that make those armies powerful in the first place. As for Celestine that's what a cultist tarpit is for, or instead they can send a 2+ save flying Tzeentch DP after her.
>>
>>51139804
Couple of Ravenwing formations without a deathstar to avoid being a dick.
>>
>>51139820
Celestine has Hit and Run.
>>
>>51139758
Slang corruption of the word "probably".
>>
>>51139737
I'm not really implying anything beside a smashfucker deathstar is a bad Idea to play.
>>51139748
>duterte
daunte doesnt grant ID to the squad, just hit and run
>>
Can I just ask how (presumably) the same rules writers came up with celestine and cawl
Celestine isn't bad but holy shit Cawl is a fucking god.
> I heard matt ward was working at GW again
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
>>51138967
>2017
>not being part of the imperium master race
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>51139813
What if I wanted to play the 9th (Devastator) company of the Salamanders? Is it acceptable that it is strictly worse (unless you are running grav-cannons) than an Imperial Fists 9th company list?
>>
>>51139861
Not if you're running flamers like is fluffy for salamanders...

But yeah just say you're using other rules and it should be fine, don't really see the problem here
>>
>>51139820

>Tarpitting Celestine

Yea, that doesn't work as well as you think, especially since she and her Seraphim have HnR. A big bad monster isn't going to do much to her. She has 4++ ablative regenerating wounds, LoS, AND Eternal Warrior now. Charging her with a DP just means she can HnR and lil other shit even faster.
>>
>>51139861
I'm basically asking if Salamanders Devastator Squads with 4 heavy bolters should get a discount compared to Imperial Fists Devastator Squads with 4 heavy bolters.
>>
>>51139856
Same guy also did all of Wrath of Magnus.
>>
>>51139743
It is not very clear that he is helping them, she is disguised as a shadowseer eldar and does not say his real name, it is unclear the fate where leads the survivors through the webway.
>>
File: Skitarii - 750pts.jpg (105KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii - 750pts.jpg
105KB, 900x596px
So I posted this in the other thread, but does this look good for 750 points? It's all the models I own currently, so I'm working with what I got. Just enough to learn the tricks and such of the army after I get them painted and based mostly.

Do you guys base your minis? I was thinking of doing something like this for my Skitarii since they have white robes. Thought it'd work pretty well.

https://youtu.be/iHWo8RG1NuY
>>
>>51139905
why would they get a discount?
>>
>>51139907
Fuck me that guy doesn't deserve his job
>>
>>51139900
Well it's not really Salamanders any longer is it? If I wanted to represent my Salamanders 9th company is it okay I have to proxy them as Imperial Fists?

I'm making a fandex and I frankly much prefer your answer since it allows me to make one codex for all SM instead of one for each chapter to balance every option.
>>
>>51139905
Eat a dick fucking loyalistfag, you get Chapter Tactics and they are >>FREE<<
They shouldn't give you a fucking discount
>>
>>51139861
>wants to play Salamanders but wants to power game the rules too

Listen, do you like Salamanders or not, faggot?
>>
>>51139952

Legion Tactics exist in 40k now though...
>>
>>51139940
To make them a viable option compared to their Imperial Fists counterparts.
>>
>>51139952
You get legion rules and they are also free.
CSM still finding a way to bitch even if they're complete hypocrites I see.
>>
>>51139952
I already gave CSM warband tactics, so shut your whore mouth bitchfaggot :^)
>>
>>51139945
>Salamanders magically stop loving fire and melta and start doing precise bolter drills and siege tactics like IF just because they were in the devastator company

You're a fucking dipshit kill yourself
>>
>>51139945
Like 70% of chapter tactics are just to make it feel fluffier. But to be honest, as a BT player I wouldn't take psykers anyway, just as if I were an IF player I would take more devestators.
>>
>>51139945

>Well it's not really Salamanders any longer is it? If I wanted to represent my Salamanders 9th company is it okay I have to proxy them as Imperial Fists?

Lets be fucking frank here. Most people playing in North American GW stores give as much of a shit about your painted army and what tactics it uses as they give shits about their own (poorly) painted armies and whatever bullshit tactics they're pulling out of their asses.

If you feel bad about it, you're one of the very very few who actually would feel bad about it. So do yourself a favor and don't.
>>
>>51139861

Salamanders don't have a Devastator Company, anon. They organized into just a handful of companies after they were virtually annihilated in the Drop Site Massacre.
>>
>>51138315
>Cawl
>>
>>51139861
>What if I wanted to play the 9th (Devastator) company of the Salamanders?

Fucking do it, give them multi-meltas and add Vulkan to master-craft them! BAM now your shit aint bad.
>>
>>51140004

The real favor would be to not play at GW stores against poorly painted power gamers who don't care about rules tailoring and incorrect rules.
>>
>>51139972
>>51139989

>paying for marks is free
>>
>>51140007

His Salamanders are special and have specially formed themselves into Dan's special Salamanders 9th Company because they love Heavy Bolters and his 9th Company fandex reflects this in how they get special discounts for being Salamanders with heavy bolters.
>>
>>51138315
> You're fit to learn the meaning of smash
>>
>>51140027

Yes, you would do a favor to GW and genuine GW customers and fans of GW brick and mortars.
>>
>>51139974
just give them 2 lascannons and put them in a rhino. call it a day. devestators are not overcosted for anyone. IF devs are supposed to be awesome, the rest of their chapter tactics are lackluster unless you're playing against iron warriors
>>
>>51140057
>genuine GW customers

Bet you don't even have FW.
>>
I'm going to put my Dominus on a saucer and a 2 inch block of wood and use him as 'Counts as Cawl'

May the Omnissiah have mercy on my enemies for I shall not
>>
>>51139952
>tfw KdK
>No legion tactics
Hah! I don't even usually complain, but I had to say this in order for myself to feel above regular CSM players now!

I'd totally run Word Bearers, but Lorgar would smite me for my heretical choice to be wholly dedicated to Khorne.
>>
>>51139968
I don't think it's fair that Pyrovores are bad, we can all agree that they should be better right? Cutting the power level difference between a Wraith Knight and a Pyrovore in half (buffing Pyrovores and nerfing Wraith Knights) would make the game more fair. There is no reason why Pyrovores should be bad (I suppose there is actual fluff support, but come on).

There is a reason why Salamanders Devastator Squads should be worse than Imperial FIsts squads, but I am still not sure if the game should reward you for playing the one army over the other.
>>
>>51140023

Cawl is stupid, running a bad Imperial list which isn't competitive at all? No worries, just take Cawl! And if he's your Warlord he gets to re-roll FnP!

>lol he's slow and rhinos can't carry his fat ass, he must be balanced for 200 pts guys!
>>
What's the fluffiest way to play Iron Hands? Tons of Dreads?
>>
>>51140103

Cost reductions don't do shit but promote the problem you claim you're trying to fix. The primary problem of Wraithknights is that they're undercosted.
>>
File: holotactics.jpg (251KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
holotactics.jpg
251KB, 2048x1536px
>>51138219
>>51138241
So is it ok for me to take riptide wings now?
>>
>>51140037

>all legions have to take marks
>marks are a waste of points
wew lad
>>
>>51140123

It's never okay to play Tau.
>>
>>51140116
Force weapons will break him down quickly.
>>
>>51140116
>shoe horn him into an Imperial list

His canticles will suck balls, however
>>
>>51139355
This is true.
Even BL, IW & NL have some pretty good builds.
>>
>>51140118

Lots of vehicles.
>>
>>51140123
If they field Celestine or Cawl, yes.
>>
>>51140103
> pyrovores are bad
99% of people haven't read their rules, you technically get a hit on EVERY(enemy) MODEL ON THE TABLE from the number of units within d6" of the pyrovore that died

If you do rules RAW you're a dick but still.
>>
>>51140140

He gets 2d6+1 S4 attacks at I10 with his robotentacles. Assuming those don't kill the sorcerer he's dueling, yes, he will die horribly to Typhus or an Exalted Sorcerer with a Seer's Bane. That doesn't make him bad though, he's still a T6 W5 2+/5++ FnP bastard who repairs himself every turn without even having to roll.
>>
File: 1463969599345.png (309KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1463969599345.png
309KB, 392x714px
>>51140123
If they field something like Cawl and friends, or its equivalent, yeah, go wild.
>>
>>51140147

His canticles at best give armies a one trick play to potentially devastate opponents and at worse give a generic army a choice to run a death star for 200 points. On top of that, he will absolutely shit on most average troops. So hes pretty gud.
>>
>>51140185
Even if you did play it that way, a pyrovore isn't getting that close unless you pod it in.
>>
>>51139938
...can I get a bump? At least on the basing. I never see people talk about basing in these threads.
>>
>>51140228
No, as in, the special rule for their death explosion technically hits all models on the table and generates the amount of hits by the number of models from d6" of the pyrovore.
Its just an example of how little anyone cared when writing the Tyranid codex
>>
>>51140123
like you didnt before taubitch
>>
Now. If only cawl could fix shit too.
>>
guyth one really slow unique HQ is equivalent of me spamming as many riptides i can cram up my ass. his gun is 12 inches. if for some reason i jet pack the extra 60 inches of range i have on him he could really give me and my homo life partner lance a really ass reaming!
>>
>>51140243
Basing is more of a WIP topic. But, that base should work fine as long as your dude's bodies are in a darker color to provide some contrast. Otherwise you'd be getting white overload.
>>
>>51140123
No. Eat kroot dick.
>>
File: 3 - Copy.png (327KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
3 - Copy.png
327KB, 1000x2000px
>>51140304
Well I was thinking of doing the same trick but with like, dark stone over red and orange lava. Something like that? This is my sort of paint scheme. WIP of course.
>>
>>51140243
probably because not many care about it, i just slap some glue and sand on base then call it a day
>>
>>51140200
For 200 point he is cheap but, he's going to be a giant fire magnet that just needs to be killed in a single turn to drop an opposing force power significantly.
>>
>>51139159
He's Very Bulky yet Bullgryn and Ogryn who should be Bulky are Very Bulky. BS.
>>
>>51140130

>not all legions need marks
>the only legions remotely decent require marks
>they're still not free

W E W
E
W
>>
>>51139071
that blood looks like mud
>>
>>51140378

Yea, I need to get the technical paint next time I go to my lgs
>>
>>51140376
alpha legion though
>>
I think most of the ork shooting would be fixed if it was affected in some way by Waaagh!, then it would also fix the formations that are shit but 'let' you charge after running 'every turn' when in reality its only ever useful one turn.
>>
>>51140243

I just use GW texture paint. Produces a decent-looking result for next to no effort.
>>
>>51140406
it's really good
>>
>>51140408

You mean ramming free VP down your opponent's throat as Cawl/Celestine/Autopurger hate fuck your cultists while respawning their drop pods?
>>
>>51140421
Yeah, that's where I got the sort of idea for basing my guys, since I usually equate that with 'holy shit this is going to take forever'. Except they don't have the crackly stuff aside from Martian Ironearth.
>>
>>51140376

>implying (only slightly more expensive) marines with +1 Toughness, FnP and relentless are bad
>>
>>51140454
it's ok, I'm just always going to include a riptide wing if any mother fucker tries to put cawl or celestine on the table
>>
>>51140433

Yea, the noobie with KDK in my store made me want to get it. I didn't have it when I finished the base.
>>
>>51140473
Look, it's simple. If you see a power formation/power character on the field, its open season. Feel free to cheese as much as you want. But you're facing a sort of newbie Ork player who's playing a fluffy Snakebites list with IG allies or something? Nah man, don't be THAT GUY.
>>
>>51140122
What are you on about? I said I would nerf Wraith Knights, increasing points cost to somehwere around 400 pts would be considered a nerf wouldn't it? How does it buffing Salamanders Devastator Squads promote the problem?
>>51140026
I'll just go pull off my heavy bolters and put on some multi-meltas. You shouldn't have to pull your heavy bolters off your Imperial Fists to give them grav cannons, I wasn't sure if you should have to pull your heavy bolters off my Salamanders that I don't own to give them multi meltas.
>>51140040
My headcanon tells me that it was mainly the tacticals and assault squads which were massacred, they still had enough Devastators for a reserve company of Devastators :v)
>>
>>51139938
>>51140243
>EonsOfBattle
Man, they were such a cool channel for quick tutorials. Shame the channel's dead.
>>
>>51139941
The guy clearly has no idea how to price units
>>
File: lava base.jpg (101KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
lava base.jpg
101KB, 622x621px
>>51140329
Yeah that's a common trick for lava bases. Should work fine.
>>
File: ohqd56qKjO1qh9x2so2.jpg (755KB, 1219x832px) Image search: [Google]
ohqd56qKjO1qh9x2so2.jpg
755KB, 1219x832px
Yo, how the fuck do you paint this kind of shit?
>>
File: Tau - 570pts.jpg (72KB, 900x327px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 570pts.jpg
72KB, 900x327px
>>51140508
Yeah, it's really simple, you make two lists, one list is 1500 points

The other list is 933
>>
>>51140578

follow the holy canticles of duncan
>>
>>51140578
two thin coats with an artificer brush
>>
>>51140578
Awesome paintjob, but didn't take the time to drill out the barrel's of the stormbolter.

This bothers me for some reason.
>>
>>51140578

Airbrush
>>
>>51140578
>bolter barrels not drilled out or painted black

Why put in that effort just to ruin the whole thing
>>
File: VVcT6vo.jpg (197KB, 1000x964px) Image search: [Google]
VVcT6vo.jpg
197KB, 1000x964px
>>51140578
This guy's "Warp chaged" GK made my fucking dick twitch.
>>
>>51140185
That makes them fucking worse. It instantly kills all your meiotic spores and a good chunk of all Gaunts depending on unit size and how many models are close to the Pyrovore.
>>
>>51140456
They also have Agrellan Earth, and some other crackle paint I believe. Coulda swore there were at least three but I can't remember the other one/can't be fukt to google.
>>
>>51140578
Airbrush or stippling with a drybrush for the faint glow.

The runes are done just like plasma coils
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpSVZiYLuPY
Just with the the paint getting lighter in the middle of the recesses rather than on the edges of the coils.
>>
>>51140608
Hell, he didn't even bother to paint black dots.
>>
>>51140456
>>51140643
Plus it's not like you can't paint the base whatever color you want. I use the Astrogranite basing material, then wash it with Nuln Oil and dry brush Celestra Gray. Add a few grass tufts and it looks like a volcanic ashland sorta thing or abandoned asphalt road. Using just the basing material without painting it seems like a shit idea anyway. I even add a little paint/wash the grash/shrubberies.
>>
>>51140643
>and some other crackle paint I believe
Martian Ironcrust and Agrellan Badland are "thick" texture crackle paints and are both garbage.
>>
>>51140351
>>51140454

Cawl is not the end-all be-all of 40k. He's severely undercosted but unlike wraithknights or riptides, he is not very "meta" for 7th edition.

>6" move per turn, no deep strike
>all weapons are melee oriented
>can't use his vehicle buff/repair auras while in a transport
>can't get anywhere without a transport or other fast movement option
>needs to go pure AdMech for his regular canticles to be good, because they scale based on the number of AdMech units you have and only affects AdMech units
>can't take a transport if you're going pure AdMech
>don't get fast movement options other than Skitarii having scout if you're going pure AdMech

However at the same time:
>pretty much impossible to kill without a force weapon
>gives out decent buffs to the rest of your army
>silly amount of free attacks in close combat
>has really good anti-vehicle equipment
>>
>>51140646
I'm going to bet the effects on that tank are airbrushed. Sure you could try it with a brush but most people that serious about painting wouldn't bother.
>>
>>51140698
This is the best crackle paint. Period.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CO66JDU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
File: duncan.jpg (87KB, 430x660px) Image search: [Google]
duncan.jpg
87KB, 430x660px
daily reminder that duncan plays alpha legion
>>
Is there ever a point in taking Autocanons on CSM squads? Does NL stealth make it better?

I'm planning out my NL Warband, and I wanted to do something besides 5man plas-combi plas rhinos. It just doesn't feel very NL-y
>>
File: 92054834.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
92054834.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
> Take Warpflame Host
> Give the Herald the Locus that makes each Pink Horror split into four Blue Horrors instead of two
> It applies to all units within 12" of him

Right on
>>
>>51140698
agrellan earth and agrellan badland are two different paints. agrellan earth is the thin kind like martian ironearth.
>>
>>51140744
>Is there ever a point in taking Autocanons on CSM squads?

No, because CSM can take 2 special weapons which is better in every way. CSM don't have combat squads so you can't even pull a loyalist and have the heavy weapon dude sit in the back while the other squad goes forward. You will either be snapshotting most of the time, or sitting in the back wasting all of your other shots just to shoot a lascannon. Not worth it at all.
>>
>>51140744

If you want to sit back on objectives and shoot stuff, sure. Your Stealth will help with that. Only do it though if you really want to hold some objectives. However, unless the enemy gets up in your face, on any given turn either the autocannon snap fires or the other nine guys do nothing, so it's really, really bad against gunlines.
>>
Do you guys weigh your minis? I know a guy you sticks pennies on the bottom of all of his Marines
>>
>>51140807
Only wobbly shit like Scourges.
>>
>>51140569
Think I'd be a little silly to have white models/white robes over such a dark base? I mean, they'd stand out like a sore thumb on the battlefield haha

>>51140725
Yeah that's what the vid I posted uses. Wonder if any stores around here carry it.
>>
File: img4d64e42d59f1e.jpg (380KB, 800x2688px) Image search: [Google]
img4d64e42d59f1e.jpg
380KB, 800x2688px
>>51140633
You can do cool stuff with OSL painting techniques once you know what you're doing.
>>
>>51140779

Yea, that's what I figured. Damn.

>>51140800

Yea. I guess the other I dudes sitting there isn't worth the AC. At least my Havoks make up for it.

How about a flamer and extra CCW? Raptors get the meltas, termicide gets the plasma, and troops get the flamers?
>>
File: tmp_1634-3a51253966142.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1634-3a51253966142.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
>legitimate concerns about resilience of new characters
>Blissgiver Daemon Prince soars in on glorious wings of faggotry and removes them as casualties
>>
>>51140878
Camo considerations aside, having contrasting base colors is often good visually in order to frame a mini.
>>
>>51140899
who
>>
>>51140897
>Yea, that's what I figured. Damn.
Unless you're Death Guard. Then go right ahead.
>>
File: 45465441541.jpg (852KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
45465441541.jpg
852KB, 2448x3264px
Say "Thanks B&C".
>>
File: 446464646464641651.jpg (858KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
446464646464641651.jpg
858KB, 2448x3264px
>>
>>51140940

Nope, just spooky Marines. We're pretty low on the TL tier list. Right above WB iirc. Would've been nice to get the outnumbering combat bonuses from 30k, though.
>>
>>51140717
When we get the Rapetrain in IA things will get serious

As is, Cawl is a huge buff to Admech and ESPECIALLY to WarConvo, which is great on one hand and cheesalicious on the other
>>
Big collector who hasn't played in years, want to play in fall of Cadia campaign. Want to save Imperium. How's this?

Suggest any alternatives, I've got the models for it, want a simple to use army list that punishes heresy.
>>
>>51140965

>SoB command squad is HQ
Wat
>>
>>51140948
>waiting for a legit gue'vesa list to see how B&C handles xenos armies
>>
>>51140517
>how does reducing MEQ point costs even lower than 14 points promote power creep and undercosting problems

Don't quit your day job, I can already tell your fandex is going to be trash.
>>
>>51140990
>Rough Riders and Ratlings

This ain't no circus, son
>>
>>51140965
>Explicitly calls out the allowed troops
Smart
>>
Wait, so I live under a rock. My friend just messaged me and said Cadia is an kill. Wtf? Is it actually? Is it destroyed, or just conquered?

Even more, didnt the planet have some secret weapon to stop this exact shit from happening?
>>
>>51140965
>>51140948
>want drop-pod sisters
>still can't start units from one faction in the transports of another per FAQ, even in giant co-op detachment
unless I'm missing something
>>
>>51141031
I've converted very nice rough riders and they go with the knight theme, bro-lings are non negotiable.
>>
>>51140993
IA thing I believe.
>>
>>51140608
whats the size of drill bit i need to drill the barrels as all my models right now are suffering from this problem
>>
>>51141041

Space dust, and the Eye of Terror is expanding
>>
>>51140965
>Admech gets incredible character, shit formations
>Rest of Imperium gets mediocre characters, fantastic formation

What a strange release
>>
>>51141041
Necron Derp said to activate pylons, and imperium said, "'k" and then Cadia was destroyed.
>>
>>51140990
You'd be better off if you dropped something for some more cheap troops to act as objective sitters and speedbumps for your Knights.
>>
>>51140897
>How about a flamer and extra CCW? Raptors get the meltas

As somebody who played khornate CSM in rhinos with flamers and CCW, you . . . are going to have a hard time if you do that. If it fits your theme then cool but you're gonna have to accept that the offensive power of such a unit isn't very good. And you need rhinos, because footslogging marines are too slow. 40k is a shooty game, and my CSM started sucking much less once I said fuck it and just gave them bolters and melta/plasma guns. If mark of khorne allowed assaulting out of any vehicle then that would help a lot, but having to just sit around after you disembark is completely bullshit. Also it's sorta hard to actually use flamer templates with infantry, because they're too slow to move into the right place to flame as many models as possible. That said, the flamer on CSM isn't terrible if you wanna go with a cheap option that will be pretty nice when you actually get in a good position to use it.

>raptors

I want to like raptors, but bikers are just sooooo much better. Bikers cost almost the same points, but have T5. And they're faster. And they have twin-linked boltguns. And they always get hammer of wrath. And they can jink. And they have relentless. People really underestimate how much more damage bikers do than raptors, because bikes get to roll so many more dice. Those TL bolters are extra spicy against horde units, while raptors are stuck with single bolt pistol shots. And raptors only get hammer of wrath if they use their packs to charge, aka never.

Raptors do look cool tho so if you have the models and don't have/don't want bikes, they're fair enough. And yeah, meltas are good on raptors. My vote for how to fix assault marines/raptors and give them an actual reason to exist: no scatter on deep strike. This would give raptors a more fluffy role as pinpoint strikes, and it makes sense because you would think training with jump packs/needing to land on feet would make them more accurate
>>
>>51141059

Start with 1/32".
>>
>>51140807
why bother putting it on all those marines? i only put on models that need to be balanced
>>
>>51140948
>no deathwatch

why even live
>>
File: 1383658938708.gif (1015KB, 417x394px) Image search: [Google]
1383658938708.gif
1015KB, 417x394px
>>51140948
>Art is a Skitarii Ranger
>Skitarii can't be taken in the formation
>>
>>51141083
>mediocre characters
Celestine is pretty damned good my friend. Tactically she reminds me of the 5th ed. era Heldrake more than anything else. Also Yiffs, Dangles and Bangles don't get to play in the new formation.
>>
File: 545454546456.jpg (931KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
545454546456.jpg
931KB, 2448x3264px
>>51141143
Previous page.
>>
>>51138483
It is completely normal.
>>
>>51140948
>>51140965
>play normal marines
>get respawning marines if you take a knight
>>
>>51141100
>>51141073

Fucking peak. Thanks for the quick responses.
>>
>>51141109
I thought that but I like the armoured theme, what should go, the tank commander or the veterans?
>>
>>51141137
I used to do it on my Orks because I kept converting them to be in wacky poses. I think the only reason I can understand doing it on EVERY model is just to add a good weight to your lighter models, like Eldar or something. So they don't fall over to the slightest bump of the table.
>>
>>51140990
Why not use >>51140948

Since knights and Am are different factions, all you need to do is shuffle your troop choices around and you get respawning troops
>>
>>51141158
That's such a shit formation, however. Take 2 HQs and 4 troops to get your vehicles (Dunecrawlers) IWND (Which they get for free in a war convo) and Power of the Machine Spirit.

Noospheric Choir requires, what, 5k points worth of dudes naked?
>>
>>51141192
>this nigga is too dumb to notice apocalypse formations when he sees them
>>
>>51140965
Hmm. DP Tacticals or Crusaders seems like the obvious choice. But Battle Sisters would also be kinda sexy since you'd keep renewing your Acts of Faith with new squads. Scions aren't bad either given they can Deep Strike.
>>
>>51141165
Anon you dont even need to take a knight
>>
>>51141182
normal ork models lean very far forward, so even if you didn't convert them they don't stand very well

>>51140807
I use washers to weigh down things, not normal marines, but if it's a captain with a converted weapon (like a bigass sword) or a metal model raised by rocks
>>
>>51141203
Fuck you and fuck Apocalypse.

I don't give two shits about Apocalypse.

Apocalypse can suck my dick.

What we need is good Admech formations other than Warconvo for the point levels that people actually fucking play on a regular basis, not a bunch of shitty fucking Apocalypse formations that most players will never use.
>>
>>51141165
Tacticals aren't exactly the power-pieces of the SM army though.
>>
>>51141212
the formation explicitly states that you need to take units from two factions
>>
>>51141235
So take something cheap, like a veteran squad or stormtroopers or whatever.
>>
>>51141226
I play dark eldar, I wish my troop choices were half as good as tacticals
>>
>>51141244
his fucking first list has three goddamn knights you fucking faggot
>>
so i'm really liking the new worthy blade relic. What would be the best thing to wield it?
>>
>>51141235
still doesnt mean you have to take a knight. Id just buy a cheap commisar
>>
>>51141173
I'd start with the Tanks. It's a lot of points and the role is handily filled but your Knights anyway.
>>
>>51141259
HIS LIST ALREADY HAS KNIGHTS
>>
File: 1471889862359.jpg (159KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471889862359.jpg
159KB, 408x600px
>>51141256
>>
>>51141269
>>51141256
whose list?
>>
>>51141263
Replaced the two leman russ with a lord commissar, 35 man infantry platoon with flamers and a basilisk.
>>
>>51141165
Remember the opportunity cost though. By doing so those marines are giving up a shitload of free points up front. You should just compare these to a CAD, but rather to the formation you'd be replacing.
>>
>>51141290
Roll one 5+ and you get much more free stuff than a few rhinos
>>
>>51141288
ill take it that this was directed at me. I dont know anon if you could follow a reply chain you would notice we weren't even talking about that guys lists. We were just talking about the formation.
>>
>>51141186
Makes sense.
>>
>>51140948
>>51140965

>no fortification slot
>>
>>51141282
Better. I don't necessarily agree with all the specific choices, but your army should do fine in normal FLGS games.
>>
>>51141290
Here's my sick min/max fuck-off list:

Two inquisitors and Four tactical squads is 330 points naked

Now your skyhammer annihilation force has respawning objective camper marines to hold down the table as you deepstrike in everywhere and fuck everything up
>>
>>51141323
They're stuck walking onto the board though.
>>
>>51141347
add in a riptide wing too because why not
>>
>>51138460
Is this limited to infrantry or can you bring back a Black Templar Land Raider Crusader ?
>>
>>51141156
>Yiffs, Dangles and Bangles
what do we call deathwatch?
>>
>>51141370
the whole formation has been posted, read the fucking picture
>>
>>51141370
It says the unit is identical in terms of upgrades so I'd say that the unit comes back with its dedicated transport.
>>
>>51141332
it's a crusading strike force, why the FUCK would it have a fortification slot
>>
File: Prettymarine01.jpg (177KB, 1206x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Prettymarine01.jpg
177KB, 1206x1236px
>>51141347
It's like Pink Horror marines.
>>
>>51141392
Dedicated transports aren't really upgrades though.
>>
>>51141332
how often are you taking fortifications? i got those vengeance batteries but i hardly use them
>>
>>51138393
What's a 'War Cohort'?
That's not a 'War Convocation' or a 'Cohort Mechanicus'.
Is that a new Core choice made up for that Detachment or something?
>>
>>51141377
shit
>>
>>51141401
>An army with cheap objective campers which are impossible to clear out completely
>also deepstrikes and has lots of firepower
it literally is just daemons of tzeentch
>>
>>51141403
But dont dedicated transports become troop choices if attached to a troop unit? so would you roll for it to come back if it were destroyed?
>>
>>51141421
overpriced veterans
>>
>>51140454
>>51141347
Only units that "start the game" in reserves may deep strike.

Does a new unit that was created in the middle of the game count as "starting the game" in reserves?
>>
Going to guess a full scan won't be uploaded to the MEGA until saturday eh?
>>
>>51141450
It's the start of their involvement in the game, so yes.
>>
>>51141392
But a unit in a dedicated transport is two units, not one.
>>
>>51141362
Meaning you can't go anywhere near the imperial deployment edge
>>
>>51141466
ongoing reserves is its own thing though.

>>51141439
You'd roll for it to come back separately yes. You wouldn't get an extra one when the unit it's taken with dies though.

>>51141487
Unless they just kill it when it comes on.
>>
>>51141392
For your logic to be sound the transport would need to be destroyed as well
>>
How does the Imperium protect children from the corrupting influence of Chaos? Are children more or less vulnerable to fall?
>>
>>51141522
Extermination
>>
>>51141450
you're getting confused, you can't put formations into detachments unless the detachment explicitly allows it, so you can't have respawning drop-pods

the idea is that the "weakness" of riptide-skyhammer lists is holding objectives, but with fall of cadia you can just take a 330 point detachment and have tactical squads which have a 5+ to rejoin the fight. Spending a bit more and those fuckers get rhinos, often in games rhino squads will take 3 turns of dedicated shooting to wipe out.

Then they just come back and drive right into the fight again.

On top of this bullshit you've got actual threatening things that your opponent has to fight
>>
>>51141522
Religion, Frightening Tales of the Boogeyman who will come and get them, Corporal Punishment. Standard stuff.
>>
>>51140999
B&C has a no xeno policy that applies to GSC and GSC Guard.
>>
>>51140965

Does this mean I can finally air drop repentias on people?
>>
>>51141522
children are probably less vulnerable, they don't question why things are, when their teacher tells them that the emperor is the greatest and he protects them and that it is their duty to study and learn, they don't question why.

Children don't usually exhibit weaknesses which chaos preys upon, apathy, arrogance, aspiration, doubt.
>>
>>51141362
That's the part that confuses me. It makes it unclear if they come back with their transport. It sounds like they don't. Because if the unit dies, but the transport doesn't, you wouldn't get another transport.

I guess it could work well with Tempestus Scions though. If they lose their transports and come back in the game, then they would be able to deep strike back in.
>>
>>51141572
no, as the FAQ stated detachments don't allow you to embark within transports of a different faction
>>
>>51141586
the golden rule of the game is and always will be: have a quick chat with your opponent before the game starts about how you guys want to interpret the rule
>>
>>51141586
dedicated transport isn't a squad upgrade, it allows you to take a datasheet with no regard to force org
>>
>>51141586
You can't deepstrike out of ongoing reserves.
>>
>>51141540
You don't need Skyhammer to purchase drop pods as a dedicated transport, though?
>>
>>51141620
>>51141614
>>51141605
Well then this sounds like it sucks. They get to walk back onto the table which is only really good if you're getting stomped.
>>
>>51141522
they probably fall to chaos less then those fighting on the front lines, offhand i know there's the apex twins and a story in the daemon book about powerful psykers doing dark deeds
>>
>>51141567
GSC are xenos, though.
>>
>>51141594

That's shit.

At least I can take Vendettas with my Sisters for some decent air support I guess.

>tfw I'm too much of a purist
>>
>>51140725
How long do you think one bottle of this will take me? I have a couple Dunecrawlers and their bases are huge...
>>
>>51140321
Yes, gue'la, kroot will eat the dick when they consume genetic material. I don't see how that pertains....
>>
>>51140729
Reminder that Phil Kelly plays Eldar bikes in friendly office killteam
>>
>>51141660
Yes, but most GSC guard are cultists, iirc, and not allowed.
>>
Should I be adding cultists to my CSM army? Seems like it might be good to have like 2 squads of 20 cultists just dick around the table charging stuff and being annoying in the middle of the table. I don't really want to make a horde army, I just like the idea of having a blob somewhere being a nuisance. I could take that helbrute formation that makes them fearless but

>no obsec

I dunno. wat do
>>
Is it just me or does Cawl seem like he has rules similar to a primarch, but just worse weapons. His statline seriously reminds me of Lorgar except he's slower (not that that matters with a power axe) and he SERIOUSLY buffs any army he's in. He's also really, really survivable.
All this for only 200pts
Jesus christ what were they thinking
>>
>>51142049
Hey, he's not a ML3 Psyker who harnesses on a 3+ and can choose from the most OP tables.
>>
>>51140965

No Creed and Kell, or am I missing something here? Why is there a Steel Legion special character in this list but not all the Cadian characters, when Cadia is the place getting defended here?
>>
>>51142153
Kell is kill
Creed is pokeball'd
>>
>>51140725
Can second this, just did about 200 bases. Make sure to invest in the gloss transparent basecoat as well, keeps them from flaking.
>>
>>51140247
>an example of how little anyone cared when writing the Tyranid codex
>anyone
his name is crud
>>
>>51141936
helbrute cult is great, so is legion of the damned, heck even in CAD or w/e cultists are great to hide somewhere in your DZ with an objective for them to sit on and do nothing else
>>
>>51141158

This is the united list for all the AdMech stuff that they should have made from the beginning, too bad it's pretty sucky even compared to a CAD
>>
>>51144267
>>51144267
>>51144267

New thread
>>
>>51142153
Isn't Creed/Kell/Straken just upgrades for a CCS?
>>
>>51138575
Mark of slaanesh just quietly forming on the table.
>>
>>51142238
So far ive been using thinned lahmian medium afterwards and let it seep under the flakes to bind them to the surface.
>>
>>51140608
The bolters and hatch don't seem to be finished in that picture. They're both just one solid color with no work done to them
Thread posts: 446
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.