[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good reasons for a land to be inhabitable outside cities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1445620231070.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1445620231070.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Any good reasons for a land to be inhabitable outside cities? While I like the Blades in the Dark premise, the Gates of Death breaking seem too abstract for gaming. My players are gonna ask questions.
>>
Fantasy or scifu
>>
>>51126894
>While I like the Blades in the Dark premise, the Gates of Death breaking seem too abstract for gaming. My players are gonna ask questions.
abstract in what way and what kinds of questions?
>>
>>51126894
A war is going on.
A fucking PLAUGE.
Too much aggressive native magic
Too aggressive natives
Because where would else
And the list continues...
>>
>>51127735
What do I do when my players start exploring the wilderness?
I say "it's filled with angry ghosts"?
What do those ghost want?
How do the civilized lands cope with the knowledge that once they die, they are gonna be an angry ghost on the wilderness?
How come anyone hasn't tried to help those souls?
How come anyone hasn't tried to make profit of ghost existance?
All those questions make for a more interesting view on the setting than the City Gangs that the game is supposed to cover
>>
>>51129154
>What do I do when my players start exploring the wilderness?
going by general Blades fluff, they all die (they can get charms and whatnot but those are for people travelling through, staying there to explore is another matter)

>what do those ghosts want?
they're mindless undead, they don't want anything

>how do the civilized lands cope with the knowledge that once they die, they are gonna be an angry ghost on the wilderness?
They make sure to properly dispose of bodies to prevent hauntings and generally worship the flesh and physical aspects of humanity rather than the soul

>How come anyone hasn't tried to help those souls?
because there's not a lot which can be done to help them

>How come anyone hasn't tried to make profit of ghost existance?
there is an entire faction whose thing is the removal of bodies to prevent them, there is also the PC class Whisper who can sell their services dealing with them, their are people who offer to talk with relatives of the dead for money
>>
>>51129154

I have, like, just barely skimmed the source materials and have no trouble thinking of potential answers to all of these questions.
>>
>>51126894
There is much, much recent version of this pdf. Do you need it?
>>
>>51131618
I know I do, if you're still here.
>>
>>51131618
Yeah, I do!!!! thanks man

>>51129971
Yes, but I still feel that the most interesting part of the setting is not the one that the game aims for. Thats strangely annoying.
>>
>>51133253
Most recent Rollplay Blades episodes show it's possible to exploit outside the Walls. It's just Very dangerous, bordering on instant lethality for anyone without the proper equipment or training.

Also, one of the alternate versions funded via kickstarter stretch goals was a Ghost Lines playset, where you get to play as the Railjacks, who keep the trains safe from ghosts, while terry travel the wastelands
>>
>>51133744
*explore, they.
Fuck you, Swype.

Anyway, there's nothing stopping you from letting your players explore outside the walls, if they think they can gain from it, and take precautions. Most of it is just ash and dead ruins, though. Doskvoll's Lost District is probably a good place. Ruins were recently abandoned, and it's close to the city.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.