[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noir Inventor Character Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

I'm just starting to make my character for a game and I'm looking to get some ideas from you guys

Its a GURPS game set in Noir era, with magic elements (so almost modern fantasy). And my character is going to be an inventor of sorts, tinkerer if you will.

Im just starting so all I've got so far is A rogue type who invents gadgets to help him steal things, inventions like a bend held grappling hook, propelled smoke pellets, maybe some kind of stun gun.

tl;dr What is either another type of inventor or other inventions for a noir age inventor
>>
>>51114068
>Military inventor
>Entertainment inventor
>Reverse-engineering expert
>Flight engineer
>Alchemist/chemist

Basically anything where you can imagine somebody going "I swear, this is going to revolutionize [INSERT FIELD]"
>>
>>51114068
What do you mean by "Noir" because it seems like you're throwing that term around when you mean "Steampunk".
>>
Bombs, all kinds of them with all kinds of variations.

Fog grenades on a fuse, shrapnel impact bombs that have to be thrown hard enough to trigger (maybe with an individually build launcher?), poison gas mines.

Or
poison gas grenades on a fuse, fog impact bombs and fog mines
etc.

The only limit is your imagination on how they should trigger and the material you can get for what effect they trigger with.
>>
>>51114900
noir as in were going to be set in 1950 new york and dealing with mob bosses, murderers, and other such topics.

My character just so happens to be an inventor in this time period. thus Noir-Inventor. noir is to help people get a feel of the game/era when suggesting things. since most people know the world at that time.

The steam punk influence was because those were the first three things i thought of in a modern fantasy setting that would help me steal things easier.
>>
>>51114786
Thank you, that is really helpful
>>
>>51114068
Assuming you mean actual "Noir Era," you're going to be a tinkerer in a dieselpunk era- the perfect time to be an inventor without worries for being held back by tech, especially if there's stupid magic involved.

Go full immoral scientist and be from "that one country everyone hates" in the setting, and just have him use science'n shit to get what he wants, whether that be shiny things or important stuff from some government is up to you.
>>
File: tuttle.jpg (52KB, 517x360px) Image search: [Google]
tuttle.jpg
52KB, 517x360px
>>51114068
this motherfucker right here
>>
>>
>>
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.