[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys ever experienced something in a game that made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tomas-praestholm-sacrifice5.jpg (184KB, 1920x1031px) Image search: [Google]
tomas-praestholm-sacrifice5.jpg
184KB, 1920x1031px
Have you guys ever experienced something in a game that made you too sad or depressed to continue it?

My character in this game accidentally gave someone an incurable disease that they will die from very soon in a normal attempt to heal them. I feel like absolute shit because of it and now I'm having trouble getting back into the game.
>>
>>51107967
>i cannot deal with the consequences of my actions

it's like every doctor ever that fucked up should just quit
>>
>>51107967
>My character in this game accidentally gave someone an incurable disease that they will die from very soon in a normal attempt to heal them
What system were you using? This sounds a bit like Black Crusade.
>>
My friend severed a female NPC's spine then knocked her unconscious and refused to play the game anymore after she woke up because he knew he'd have to face the consequences of his actions. It was a post-apocalypse campaign with all manner of weird cthuluoid creatures and different factions and cults (think Apocalypse World). I finally got them back into the campaign after almost a year, and he ended up giving her a folded up note saying he was sorry for what he had done to her. This was after she had found out she was crippled and shouted at the character about how "fucking sick!" he was then dissolved into crying.
>>
>>51108776
Or a shitlord DM who chortles as the player rolls a 1 on a d20 to cure a cold, jowls and chins jostling in sadistic glee as he kills the NPC because its "so funny. guys"
>>
>>51108804
I think I remember hearing storytime about that. Didn't the paralyzed chick get taken in by werewolves or something, or am I mixing up my /tg/ storytimes?
>>
>>51108776
>>51108809
It's some off the cuff homebrew shit.

>>51108804
Man, I wish the NPC would tell me off, but they're trying to be so sadly upbeat about it.
>>
>>51108979
Can you storytime the whole situation so we can have some context?
>>
>>51107967
This is a character defining moment.

You're at an impasse, but remember; you are not your character; in a way you are just an observer of their life.

Ask yourself; how does your character feel, and how will they respond to this?

Will they throw away the scalpel, or delve into their studies?
>>
File: 1483470534191.png (176KB, 275x356px) Image search: [Google]
1483470534191.png
176KB, 275x356px
>>51107967
How in the fuck did you manage that?
>>
>>51108959
No, that was different. This was, they captured her as she was a leader of a gorup they were fighting, and the one guy decided to sever her lower spine with a scalpel to paralyze her. Planning to give her a "new life" in the village. You would think that meant rape doll but not with this guy. The whole group is kind of fucked up but in a light-hearted way. Like that "Slaughter the World" song on youtube.

But I don't think he expected she'd start dying of infection and being in constant pain and them having to clean up after her as they drag her around in a rusty old wheelchair.

She was fairly young and qt too. I was going for a River Tam storyline with another cult trying to find her to use her psychic powers to summon a powerful psionic entity they worshipped as a god. That storyline did not work out the way I expected.
>>
>>51107967
My players fucked up so badly once that they ruined just about everything they had going for them. I ended up pulling the plug on that game and had a continuation in that same world 15 years later. Only one person brought back their original character, everyone else went with someone new. Was cool.
>>
>>51109885
story?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.