[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy World Illnesses and Plagues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: doctor.png (152KB, 673x474px) Image search: [Google]
doctor.png
152KB, 673x474px
>Atila Pox.
Transmited by the Atila Mushroom's spores. It starts by coughing, when the fungus have settled on the lungs. The patients gradually become a fungus themselves; along with their surroundings (home/dwelling place is contaminated, mushrooms everywhere). If the climatic conditions are right, this can plague whole forests and towns.

>White Lotus
An STD that provokes ulcers and sores on the skin; and eventually causes blindness (the eyes of the patient turn almost white). However, is in the nature of the sickness to make the sick charming and desirable to the opposite sex, as a method of self-preservation. This is presumably caused by a fragance expelled by the skin and more intensively the sores that blurrs the judgement of the potential victims, to the point that some people tries to engage with the patient even knowing the risk of infection.
Its common among young girls (and some boys) to accuse the most popular and cute girls from their gang of having this disease. The boys, uncertain if they like said girl for natural reason or due the sickness, are meant to stay away from her.

>Walking Dead
Primarily transmitted by fluid contact (blood or saliva). The patient's will is overthrown by an urge to attack and bite others. It also grants an unnatural resistance to attacks, hunger or thirst. Luckily, they get weary over time and can be hunted and killed (although they can be treated on the early phases when there is fever, there are no documented cases of reverting from the rabies state)
>>
>Davy's Cake
A coral presumably taken from the northern sea; that when dried, grounded and dissolved on a liquid (leaves a mild taste of sea water) will poison and kill the drinker on 6 to 24 hours. The victim's body starts growing corals from the inside out; and every body orifice; eventually collapsing all systems.

Those very corals are usable for making more poison, but all civilized laws prevent the manipulation of any body killed by this substance unless by an authorized doctor; to prevent the corals get into circulation again. This bodies must also be cremated, as the corals tend to grow on the deceased graves if there is enough humidity.

The poison can be countered by drinking gasoline; though it must be done as soon as possible: it will turn the organism into a hostile system for the corals to develop.

Also OP here; I also accept interesting poisons ITT. All ideas you can give me are welcome. I'm particularily interested on diseases that can wipe out entire settlements or even civilizations
>>
>>51105447

Zealot Fever

A unique form of fungal strain that is known to affect humans, although most healthy individuals can resist infection.

As is the nature of a fungal infection it is parasitic and seeks to reproduce. It does this by affecting the brain of the subject and having them move to a place that is damp but otherwise has access to light. Over time growths will begin to grow out of the infected person's body and they will feel the urge to kneel with arms outstretched to allow the fungal growths wide area to access light and moisture.

In a matter of days the affected will be rooted in place and begin to grow mushroom like caps on their body, the entire time they are still alive although body functions are reduced and certain energy needs handled via the fungus.

The name of this infection came about because of the way the user appears to kneel in worship and was the cause of major quarentien of a small farming village when the local pastor fostered the infection in his congregation believing it to be a sign from their god
>>
>>51105230
>Walking Dead
>Primarily transmitted by fluid contact (blood or saliva). The patient's will is overthrown by an urge to attack and bite others. It also grants an unnatural resistance to attacks, hunger or thirst. Luckily, they get weary over time and can be hunted and killed (although they can be treated on the early phases when there is fever, there are no documented cases of reverting from the rabies state)

Good job, you've invented "28 Days Later" zombie virus strain.
>>
>>51105751
seems that there are many fungal illnesses in this world. Is not a bad thing though!

>>51106048
Yeah I know, but this way I'm setting which kind of zombies I like for this setting. Things that, though strange, have a small medical plausibility
>>
>>51105230
There should be some dieseases that come from xenophilia.
>>
File: chivalry.gif (3MB, 280x157px) Image search: [Google]
chivalry.gif
3MB, 280x157px
>>51105230
>The Held-Sneeze
Often incurred in the midst of influenza or by approximation to products of trituration, the Common Sneeze is generally alarming in appearance. A brief shortness of breath is followed by a clamororous exhaustion of air through both the nasal and oral cavities.

However, the subject may exacerbate the situation by blocking the aforementioned air passages (both sinuses and the gob itself), thus straining the constitution of their heads. The results vary from bursting of eyes to the spraining of their brains (for when the foul air enters the cranial cavities through the nasal passage).

Generally agreed as incurable but avertible, the Held-Sneeze is commonly found in people hiding valuables in their immediate apertures e.g. thieves, the poor, lower nobility, foreigners.
>>
>>51106048
>Good job, you've invented "28 Days Later" zombie virus
What could we add to it to make it even better?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.