/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it in the party?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: kobold_genasi1a[1].png (338KB, 605x360px) Image search: [Google]
kobold_genasi1a[1].png
338KB, 605x360px
>Play a kobold ranger born in a colony..... in a party with two human siblings, an elf and a half orc.

what kind of hypothetical backstory would you think up to justify this fella being a part of the party?
>>
File: PZO9280-Kobold.jpg (117KB, 823x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9280-Kobold.jpg
117KB, 823x1000px
>>51101557
Seems pretty simple - his adopted "parents" were adventurers who raided a kobold-infested dungeon, discovered him, and were soft-hearted enough to bring him home and raise him as their own. Now of age, he hopes to do his adoptive parents proud by following in their footsteps and taking up the family trade.
>>
File: 192.jpg (270KB, 542x681px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
270KB, 542x681px
>>51101557
Whoever is the caster raised him as an experiment to see if evil was based on nature or nurture
>>
>>51101557
It's a slave and one of the other PCs own it
>>
>>51101557
simply, don't play a kobold.

If you need to play snowflake races you're either a fetishist or a faggot and need to kys.
>>
>>51101557
The two humans, elf, and orc are actually kobolds with high disguise and deceit
>>
>>51101557
showed up one day and the elf fed it.

hasn't left yet.
>>
>>51101557

I had a backstory for a kobold who had been part of a colony that had fought a series of bloody territorial wars against local dwarves. These ended once the colony attracted a dragon. The character left when he took a look at the kobolds growing up under the protection of the dragon's wing and realized he didn't understand or respect them at all.
>>
>>51104252
To be fair this is a pretty reasonable outcome for a kobold
>>
I started off as a kobold bard once. Backstory was that I got separated when I wandered off when I was young, went into the woods and followed the sound of strange music. A bard was there, and I stayed and listened for a while. I became so fascinated with his musical performance that I began to follow him. Upon realizing that I was lost and had wandered off far from my den, he offered to take me in and teach him the ways of the bard.

I wound up getting a pretty good voice and we formed a duo of him playing music and I accompanying it with song, and we made a fair bit of money playing outside various towns. We weren't allowed in most on account of me being a kobold, but enough passer-bys would take notice of us and we became a weird curiosity that peasants and a few more interested people would come see whenever we visited places.

My friend and mentor, the bard, died eventually when a noble had tried to purchase me after listening to us perform. He wanted to have me sing for him and work with his own private minstrels to create songs in his honor. When he couldn't take no for an answer, he tried to take me by force, and struck down my mentor when he went to help me. I clawed the noble across the face and was forced to flee for my life as a result.

I decided to hit the road, carrying on the spirit of my mentor and set out to become the best bard in the realm. Though, canonically not even half an hour later I ran into the adventuring group and the elf bard there thought I was adorable and he wanted to keep me in the group. The party agreed under the condition that he'd have to take care of the pet.

Unfortunately the dm went fucking insane and tried to turn me into a japanese pop idol. Like, the kimono was strange in-game and all, but when we found out he was drawing my character and had 34 of it requested on FA I gracefully got the fuck out of that game.
>>
File: 1424541039425.jpg (400KB, 988x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1424541039425.jpg
400KB, 988x1033px
>>51106807
this??
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (26KB, 236x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
26KB, 236x333px
>>51104582
That is a really nice one.

I played a kobold warlock who after being raised by the head priest after growing wing nubs. Everyone in the colony expected great magical potential from her but it turned out she was actually rather inept at spellcasting. Desperate to live up to the colony's expectations she makes a demonic pact in exchange for increasing her magical power level.

She is found out instantly and forced to flee towards the safety of a nearby human settlement and lived there until getting hired for a job with other PCs.
>>
He read a poster on the wall of an inn about a party that was looking for some adventurers.
>>
>>51104252
Best post so far.
>>
He just doesn't fucking like kobolds.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.