[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gob Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Gobbos.jpg (252KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
Gobbos.jpg
252KB, 640x468px
ITT: Goblin/Goblinoid characters that you or someone in your party have played.

I'm making a Gob Sorcerer for a 3.5e group I'm in, mostly because the DM just doesn't want me to do something more complicated than a core class.
>>
>>51098639
>playing in a 2 player game
>Picky and Icky, an elf and a goblin duo
>CN, CE
>Picky was looking for a caravan to raid
>Icky was looking for booze to drink and pink humies to poke with his big pointy stick
>eventually get captured
>tear out a guard's throat with goblin teeth after starting a fight
>where'd you learn to do that Icky?
>shrug, "I'm a goblin"
>start heading to next township to get away from the cops
>meet a dwarf and a few adventurers along the way on a camp
>try to steal one of their bottles of liquor
>Picky uses her femenine wiles to keep them distracted
>fail
>they pull on us
>we're outnumbered 2 to 1
>"why shouldn't we waste you and your goblin friend here"
>Icky makes bombs and other traps/contraptions
>says we'll boobytrap their chests for free
>they make a move on Picky for opening her chest for free
>Icky iniatiates combat
>the whole party is killed in just a couple rounds, we were way outclassed
>mfw died at level 3
>>
>>51098639
What are good goblin character ideas everybody?

I always found goblin tinkerers to be an interesting idea, but in D&D goblins are supposed to be really dumb. Are they all killy? I've always seen Gobbos being played as being dumb, but are some of kind disposition and taken to wandering and adventuring instead of the same malice as the rest of their race?

How does /tg/ feel about races not going to their alignments in general?
>>
>>51098639
playing with like 6 people
Lizard folk (me), some boring normal races and a goblin noble with goblin retainers
>Get ambushed by elves
>Knock one out and tie him up
Since we are monster folk we end up eating one of the elves infront of our captured one
Guess what green skinned/scaled people got to watch him from then on out? Needless to say he was to scared to try anything.
>>
>>51098639
there's a problem with your thread OP

Who the fuck plays goblins when there are better green pointy eared things to play, like half-orcs or elves? Or if you want the real greenskin experience, just an orc?

Goblins seem to be pretty stuck being waifus for /tg/
>>
>>51098639
A concept for a character I've been playing with is BugBack BigHeart, the NG Goblin [green skin subrace] Bard.
Basically hated by his tribe and insulted for being a 'bad goblin' as he doesn't want to nor is he good at killing humans.
He's normally stuck on guard duty of the captives, befriends a captured human bard who teaches him to play instruments and make music. As well as teaching him about his music goddess who welcomes all those good in the world.
Human bard gets nommed by goblins before BugBack can play his green music for his only friend.
BugBack flees the tribe with his homemade lute, 'daisy', and sets out on his quest. To convince the goddess of music that he is good enough to enter her domain in the afterlife to play his music for his friend.
A bit sappy, and not very goblin-ish, but I feel like it would be fun and much easier to incorporate into a regular campaign.
>>
File: Elf-CultureSlap[1].jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Elf-CultureSlap[1].jpg
69KB, 600x400px
>>51101026
>Goblin monk raised in a mountain temple after being placed at the temple steps in the night and being adopted by the monks.

>Raised by the monks gob-monk gets intentionally left in the dark about the existance of goblins (everything gets handwaved away as being a skin condition and that was the end of it)

>late teenager gob-monk is a troublemaker decides to leave the temple to go do stupid fun shit in the night around the village below the mountain.
>
He gets attacked by a pair of vilagers and he kills them in self defense.

>The next day he is banished from the temple for murder and given some suplies and is sent out.
>>
>>51101369
>goblin monk
>fightan kung fu goblin

tell me more anon
>>
>players capture a goblin as a slave for shits and giggles
>goblin speaks only in ebonics and is dubbed "Toby"
>They try to teach Toby how to fight. He is violently impaled by bandits during the next combat.
>Toby sees visions of the hag that enslaved him before the party did in hell
>Rips the sword from his chest and shrieks in fear/defiance (nat 20 death saving throw)
>Dubbed Toby the Indestructible and has now taken a level in barbarian
>>
>>51101597
That's righteous mate

are you gonna launch him at your enemies? is any of your party members strong enough to throw him? mixed with a cleave that can be pretty nasty
>>
>>51101369
*drunken fist style intensifies*
>>
File: 3210.jpg (21KB, 312x350px) Image search: [Google]
3210.jpg
21KB, 312x350px
I had a goblin ninja in Pathfinder and the DM let us use traits. His stealth checks were ridiculous.
His intelligence was too low to learn common but the DM ruled I could speak "broken common" if I stayed in character. I roleplayed him by saying "KEEK" at the end of every sentence as a funny quirk.

A player named him "Geeky Keeky the sneaky" and it stuck.

We didn't really have backstories, it was a few adventures we ran with "any race that's small".

The only cool thing I remember off the top of my head was me and some halfling throwing rocks AROUND bugbears in a camp and having the wizard cast some illusion that another bugbear was throwing rocks at them and eventually got them all fighting over who could throw a bigger rock.
>>
>>51101866
>got them all fighting on who could throw a bigger rock.

u got me m8. 10 billion keks to the man in the front row
>>
>>51101263
Eh, it depends on how you play them. I made my Goblin Rogue essentially Gollum, personality-wise.
>>
File: ninety-nine-nights-4e261c249c92e.jpg (127KB, 1002x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ninety-nine-nights-4e261c249c92e.jpg
127KB, 1002x1050px
>>51101026
if you want cool goblins there is this game, ninety nine nights.
picture is goblin rogue/assassin
also feature ganondorf goblin supreme leader
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.